General Discussion

Jul 4, 2012 Elites full hp makes solo pointless Ok, so some elite packs are literally impossible and some sort of easy, right? The problem with the full hp regeneration is that if you are playing single player and you encounter a very hard elite pack, you are basically stuck. Once you die, the elites get full hp and it gets extremely frustrating. I never really minded the full-hp regeneration before because the repair bill was very low and I could really respawn as much as I want without much consequence. But now, the repair bill is so high! It's already bad enough that I died 100 times and have to cover the huge repair costs, but I get disheartened to see the elites back at full hp and my deaths were all in vain. Then I have to exit my game, restart the quest, hope that this run there are no impossible elites, fight another 30-40 minutes to get back to where I was, and then 80% of the time, I get stuck again. So basically, I have to quit soloing act 2 and 3 in inferno because I always encounter an elite pack that is hard to kill without dying once. Only in multiplayer can the elites not get full health if you die, unless all 3 or 4 people die, which usually doesn't happen. I personally believe that the full hp regeneration should be removed so we actually have a chance at destroying the elites and not have to waste another 30-45 minutes to get back to where we were completely stuck. I know this might be more complaining about the game being too hard, but seriously, soloing a quest is impossible because of this issue. For those of you that are soloing act 2 and 3, I have only one piece of advice. Try to lead the elites to the entrance of a dungeon or where you will respawn so you can start fighting right away and the elites wont get full health. If you can't kill the elites in 2 deaths, then you better start over because by the time you respawn, they will most likely be at full health again.theskyfish2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Champion mobs to strong Hello, not sure if this has been said yet but i believe most of peoples problems when it comes to inferno is not the gear drop or the white mobs.... even bosses are not op. I have made a barb and a monk and have gotten them up to lvl 60 and in inferno the problem i am facing as im sure others are two is the arcane enchanted and the "descriator" it's not that i believe they should removed or something to that extend. I just feel res feels like it has no affect when it comes to those two mobs. Sorry about the spelling mistakes this was written up quicklysgtpwntang68 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 My solution to magic find(and +yards affix) My solution: remove magic find from gear and increase Nephlam Valor buff to 10. i also think that + yards bonus to picking gold and health globes is stupid and useless, so remove that from gear and just give +1 yard of gold(no globes) pickup with each Nephlam Valor stack. reason why no health globes is because when they are automatically picked, it prevents the player from using the strategy to save them for later on, this is an issue, because many of the players try to avoid gear with this affix on it, because of that issue.Yoni0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 I would like to take a moment to thank Bash. I realize that "You're a Blizzard fanboy suckup" followed by a fun chain of expletives directed towards me is incoming for my posting this, but I honestly don't care. I'm not here to stick up for Blizzard or for this game, regardless of my opinion of it. I am posting to personally thank Bashiok for putting up with all of the BS that is involved in such widespread customer service, and for remaining sane and caring throughout the entire process. He has been making it obvious lately that he (and Blizzard by association?) knows that Blizzard has screwed up on a few things, especially with his recent post regarding endgame. He has continued to bring information cheerfully to these forums in spite of the rampant hatred and spite that is so prevalent in the posts here. 95% of the posts here aren't even constructive criticism, it's more along the lines of "Death to all Blizzard employeez!2111!2?!" He is doing the best job he can, and I can honestly say he handles customer service better than most of us handle being customers... So maybe y'all (yes, I know I am from the South) could try to behave like civilized human beings and show the man the same respect that he has been showing you. Don't just post about the fact that you think this game sucks, post SUGGESTIONS on how to make it better. It has been made clear that Blizzard at the very least READS these forums. How would you feel if you were Bashiok and you saw posts daily about how you suck at your job and your company is a conspiracy driven money machine of hatred? Take that in to consideration before you make posts flaming the people that are trying to help you by acting on Blizzard's behalf to listen to your suggestions and relay information back to the developers. TL;DR Bashiok is a human being working for other human beings, and everyone makes mistakes, so stop taking out your anger on the person who is so clearly trying to help you. Make him happy to read these forums, rather than questioning his career choice every time he logs in.Piracy21 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The Basic Idea - NVstat/GearSwapping/Enchant This was an idea in respect to the recent magic find posts. Please leave a constructive comment. Anything here can be changed but here is "The Basic Idea". Remove Magic Find from drops. Add an Enchanter. Make the enemies drop orbs after killed. Orbs drop rate is less than that of rares. Orbs can drop at any level. Enchanter makes scrolls out of orbs (and maybe gold). Scrolls are used (and consumed on use) to add like a NV stat. A scroll made of 1 orb increases your gold find and magic find by 1%. A scroll made of 10 orbs increases your gold find and magic find by 10%. Scrolls can be used on any piece of equipment except off hands. One hand weapons in the off hand slot that are enchanted will not contribute to your overall NV stat. This makes it fair between dual wielders and 2-hand weapon users. Enchanted gear equipped by followers would not contribute either. Fair between solo players and team players. A salvaged enchanted equipment will give you your scroll back. Just like a gem. Orbs and scrolls can be sold in AH and stashed. So can enchanted gear.Protium10 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 A new take on inferno! Click Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click Click REPAIR Click Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick REPAIR Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click ClickClick Click Click REPAIR . After about 3-5 hours, you can now vendor 20 or so rares! Congrats you have officially just wasted your time. Forget all this other nonsense about books and t-shirts.I understand you like money, but you are ruining the game. Stop nerfing everything, and BUFF your non-existent god awful loot table.TokeThis1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF is a trade off. Gear Swapping is a tactic. MF is a trade off. Gear Swapping is a tactic. They are separate but intertwined issues. MF is fine as is. You can handicap yourself for increased rewards. Built in End Game. The issue is people using the tactic known as Gear Swapping for higher MF on kill. A few thoughts: Its NOT an exploit, its a tactic, just like kiting. I dont find kiting fun, but i dont think there needs to be a kite button added to my skill bar. The annoyance and risk involved on the swap should be the trade off for the swapper. This issue is also an aspect of another larger issue, that is having a swap hotkey. Larger issue as in its not just for the sake of MF, its as much for the sake of going from 2h to sword and board or from a heavy DPS to heavy regen. IMHO bringing back the instant hotkey swap to Weapons and Off-Hands ala' D2 as somewhat of a compromise. If you feel a full gear solution is necessary, as a player im totally infavor, granted instant swap for full gear may be a bit too compromising, but a short cast timer, akin to ID-ing an item could be just the right setting to please everyone. Again IMHO. To other posters: Please stop trying to rewrite the book on MF and focus on Gear Swapping.Number11 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 RE: End game discussion thread Seems it had reached it's post limit. I've been a silent participator of the forums since release and now it's time to break my silence. IMO there's too much wrong with the game to fit in one post so I will only respond to bashiok's post earlier. You don't need much more of an end game. Diablo 2 had open world pvp, and farming as end game. They also had a ladder that reset every couple of months. The game remains to be an incredibly popular game. You guys ignored that and made a game that is as complex as diablo 1, even less so. Farming basically was the end game in d2, except you made farming in d3 NOT FUN. The rare pack farming is boring as hell. The item hunt is all for rares because you are taking too long to make legendaries worth while. There's nothing to be excited for in the farm, thus no fun. The item mods are boring. The game is unfinished, unpolished, and a step in the wrong direction. I'm sorry, I don't see much being able to be fixed. Diablo 3 is the biggest disappointment for many gamers in a LONG time, but you guys at blizzard don't care because you made your money. You continue to suck money dry from us with the crazy RMAH fees that you built the games itemization around. So, keep laughing all the way to the bank because many people will not purchase another blizzard product after this debacle. You guys fell off the wagon a long time ago when you began listening to your activision overlords. Bobby Kotik is the cancer of the gaming industry and Blizzard is now just one of it's tumors.priest0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF added by Jeweler or Blacksmith! All five solutions are terrible IMHO. This is not a slam on blizzard. I played d2 for years and surprisingly I like diablo 3 a lot, I'm in act III inferno. I think this is great that they are trying to fix things and offering for us to discuss the options. Here is my solution: Jeweler or Blacksmith! Jeweler He could make a certain kind of new gem that adds magic find to gear other than helm. This should be somewhat expensive obviously but it means taking up one slot on a piece of gear so that you have to sacrifice something for MF but not totally cripple yourself or need to switch gear. In order to not devalue MF already included on uber gear you can make it so that high end gear has a chance of getting higher percentages than gems. If you implement this with a magic find penalty for switching gear it will give people a chance to get magic find in more than one way without too much penalty on gear and no reason to switch. To hit whatever max there is: say 280 you have to find the uber gear but for a more casual player having 140 (before) nv is still a great gain and will allow you to find more items to eventually get the better MF gear. Also allows for more end game customization. This could also allow one über high end item with magic find and a socket to have tons of MF freeing up other item slots. Again this system only works if the gem is somewhat expensive to make. Magic find should be an earned bonus not something you buy for 10k per item and swap out for max with no penalty. Blacksmith Give the blacksmith the ability to add MF to any piece of gear for a large fee (not necessarily all gold) that is removed when bought on AH OR an extremely large fee that stays on AH. Same rules apply for this as for the gems above but this let's you add MF to gear that doesn't have a socket. Either way you are paying for magic find gear just like you would on AH but it doesn't require switching. It doesn't devalue the highest gear with MF on it. It is earned rather than exploited. And gives higher customization of gear.BurtThaMan0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF: Symptom fixes VS System fixes Blizzard, You're approach to MF gear swapping solutions is all wrong. I look down the list and all I see are ideas that NERF or LIMIT MF in some way. You are trying to get rid of a SYMPTOM (gear-swapping) instead of trying to fix the overall MF SYSTEM. Instead of trying to limit MF (Solution #1), average it (#2/3), or straight up punish players for changing their gear (#4/5). Try fixing the overall problem. Overall Problem- MF is a stat that players feel they MUST have in order to play the game. Players also need to be able to kill mobs for their MF to be effective. Currently, the armor/items do not provide a satisfactory balance between MF and POWER. Solutions- (these need to address the overall MF problems ^^^^^^, not the symptoms that players display because of the system.) 1) Update your Legendary and Set Items so that they have good MF and POWER. Remember D2 when you could run around in a set of Tal Rasha's and MF to your heart's content? Bring that back. 2) Charms? Why not bring charms back? An item that takes up precious inventory space to improve your MF would be a welcome sight in my eyes. I don't really know what the best solution is, but here are two ideas that don't NERF MF or PUNISH the players for gear swapping. It's now up to people who actually get paid to think up these ideas to come up with better ones.Deathbeard3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Make it so Blacksmith can make none magic... Items magic. Have it cost like $1000 and one book and have it so the guy has to be at max level to do. It would make it so all the none magic stuff I find could be helpful. It would reuslt in many different kinds of items. Also, have him have a power called Godlike. It lets him add 3 random magic powers to an item that's already magic(can only be done once per item of course), said magic powers are amazing and odd powers, like when hit causes fetish to rise, max five. They would all be odd, or really high up powers. It would cost a TONE though and has a 10% chance of destroying your item if used! Sound interesting? I think it would result in a lot of cool items and be an interesting thing to look into. Also have the Jeweler be able to make any item have sockets when he reaches his max level.Colin0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Arguing against MF swap? Any player arguing against the OPTION of carrying and swapping MF gear is a lazy, poor, unskilled, jealous, and spiteful gamer.Bleeble0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 NV stack idea I was thinking today about how some people don't like how you cant change acts on the fly as it will interrupt their MF farming by losing the stacks and then having to restart the process again. What about if you can keep your NV stacks after leaving a game for, say 20 seconds? But this can only be used once every 5~10 minutes? This would help alot with the act changing problem and give people a boost to keep going out there and farming wherever they want. Just an idea. If you have any other ideas to add/change please feel free to! Thanks for your time!VitaminEZ6 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF Gear Swapping Blizz Vs Players Ok, so. If it isn't a major concern for Blizz, to worry about how people are doing the "MF Swapping" Let people do it. If you are so concerened with gear / mfing, then get gear that does both, or continue doing what you are doing. Keep MF swapping. I mean seriously, the game is already easy. Gear dependant a bit? Yes. But that was a No !@#$ from the get go. If people want to spend time changing gear, cause to lazy / can't stand the loss of stats to gain mf, that is your problem and your problem only. There is no need to make a "Lets make everythign simple for you" button to change everything automatically. So, in the end. Blizz, leave the Gear Swapping alone. Let them do what they want. Players, quit %^-*!ing about trying to get @#$% easier and play. Simple as that. KK thx.EscataFlayer1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Resists fixed yet? Anyone did any testing? Are we still taking lots of elemental damage still? I don't see it being mentioned in the hotfix list.Vulpix0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Diablo 3: Lord of Hatred Expansion Mephisto Returns 2 extra playable classes, one being the return of Necromancers The now mortal Tyrael dies defending sanctuary.SwingPoynt1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF gear swapping option 6 or 7 First and foremost do not I REPEAT DO NOT go with any of your options you have put up... For they are all BAD AND I MEAN REALLY REALLY BAD IDEAS.... I feel since that MF does not even affect chest drops why not just eliminate it all together from gear. and come up with a way for players to keep earning the MF> As in allowing more stacks of Nephalem Valor maybe up to 10 or maybe even 20 stacks , To allow a player to get for example 250% to 500% (depending on how many stacks you allow) Magic Find; to were they begin to get 3,4 or even 5 rare drops off a champ pack. Its obvious the point here is to attract people to play the game for longer periods of time instead of just doing short runs like a butcher run or something of that stature. So if you create it to were a player who plays the game for say longer periods of time they are reward for the efforts they put in, as in how many champ packs they kill. so this will create people to do full act clears instead of just running for one boss. And for those players who have limited amount of time to play the game, Since you obviously want to keep them interested, if you change nephalim valor to 20% or maybe 25% a stack so that players can get that 100% mf faster, on short 35 minute butcher runs they will be able to collect more rares ( but there will have to be a point like at 4 stacks your gauranteed a rare). this should suffice both the player who is a game nut and can sit there for 8 hours straight. and the player who only has time to play when their significant other runs to the store or their parents heads are turned.Playadeadly2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Bliz..do you not encourage multiplayer you are a multi billion dollar company...is your best answer and most creative answer to anything is Buff/debuff? why the hell do you buff enemies based on numbers of people in the party? i can understand you make bosses difficult enough so we NEEd to team up to beat it...but wtf...you even buff mobs and champions? it makes us wan to play this game solo...if solo...why do we need to be online?HungLow6 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Liquid Rainbow/ Mysterious Cave up in my game Gorlath#1962 Don't need anything in return but do appreciate anything thrown my way.Gorlath0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 A really good reason why D3 disappoints If anyone has followed Force Strategy in the last year and a half before the game's release, you guys know how awesome this guy's insight has been. And if you have watched the Diablo series, you know that the latest Diablocast is full of reasons why Force quit playing Diablo III. Blizzard, you need to listen to it and pay attention. He expresses the same exact basic sentiments that the majority of your community feels... http://www.forcestrategygaming.com/content/why-i-stopped-playing-diablo-3DivaCorleone7 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 [FEEDBACK] 4+ Affix's in AH (Blues Please) Nothing can be more frustrating than searching through pages and pages of gear trying to find that one specific item with that one stat you are unable to search for. Let's say you are looking for some new chest armor, and you want it to have at LEAST the following: -> Stat100+ -> Vit 50+ -> All Resist 30+ -> Random Resist 30+ Right now you can only search for 3 of those. So what do you choose? Do you choose the str/vit/ar, and hope to find hidden in the 20+ pages of gear something with a random resist of 30+? Lets take it a step further and say you are not a monk, and want one of each resist + all resist on each slot of gear. You want a helm with poison resist, bracers with cold resist, chest piece with lightning resist, etc etc. The task of gearing up becomes dauntingly terrifying, unless you happen to be extremely lucky. Furthermore, sorting needs to be more efficient. I want to be able to sort items by time ending soonest, to try and find the good deals that people sell. Yes, I have seen iLvl 63 items set at their gold cost for the starting bid, with no buyout and no bids. Usually I give up searching for items after looking at 8 pages of items. If you agree with these changes, please 'thumb up' this post so it can gain attention of relevant parties.Noodles29 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Allow Players to Kill Vendors Dear Blizzard, Please allow us to kill Vendors. I am saving the world from the perils of hell. Young children are clinging to their mothers in Bastions Keep whilst looking at me with pleading eyes to save them from the terrors beyond the wall. Meanwhile, some saucy vendor is telling me that he "tried the adventuring life, but it was too much pain and not enough profit" - well no kidding. The reason for this facet is due to these scam artist vendors in this game taking the profit and dishing out the pain. These cowards are ripping us for 45k per trek while I am trying to save them. You would think he would say "Hey I used to be an adventurer like you, but the repairs were too high, so high in fact that my friends would not play with me in Inferno- now I'm stuck banging on metal here in my forge instead of the minions of hell. Let me go ahead and fix that for you on the house." Instead these motherless goats continue to rip us off and make adventuring a literal TAXING experience. Fortunately, I have the perfect fix. Give us the option to kill them and take our gold back. They are, after all, more damaging and fear inducing than Diablo himself- shucks you can even make them elite and give them invulnerable minions. That, my friends, would be far more fair than the blatant thievery they get away with currently. We await your response. Humbly, Slay-SlayGoodbye13 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 My idea for MF change All five solutions are terrible IMHO. This is not a slam on blizzard. I played d2 for years and surprisingly I like diablo 3 a lot, I'm in act III inferno. I think this is great that they are trying to fix things and offering for us to discuss the options. Here is my solution: Jeweler or Blacksmith! Jeweler He could make a certain kind of new gem that adds magic find to gear other than helm. This should be somewhat expensive obviously but it means taking up one slot on a piece of gear so that you have to sacrifice something for MF but not totally cripple yourself or need to switch gear. In order to not devalue MF already included on uber gear you can make it so that high end gear has a chance of getting higher percentages than gems. If you implement this with a magic find penalty for switching gear it will give people a chance to get magic find in more than one way without too much penalty on gear and no reason to switch. To hit whatever max there is: say 280 you have to find the uber gear but for a more casual player having 140 (before) nv is still a great gain and will allow you to find more items to eventually get the better MF gear. Also allows for more end game customization. This could also allow one über high end item with magic find and a socket to have tons of MF freeing up other item slots. Again this system only works if the gem is somewhat expensive to make. Magic find should be an earned bonus not something you buy for 10k per item and swap out for max with no penalty. Blacksmith Give the blacksmith the ability to add MF to any piece of gear for a large fee (not necessarily all gold) that is removed when bought on AH OR an extremely large fee that stays on AH. Same rules apply for this as for the gems above but this let's you add MF to gear that doesn't have a socket. Either way you are paying for magic find gear just like you would on AH but it doesn't require switching. It doesn't devalue the highest gear with MF on it. It is earned rather than exploited. And gives higher customization of gear.BurtThaMan4 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF gear MF gear swapping is just an old mechanic, why can't people let it die to make room for better farming mechanics? I don't understand. D2 was a great game, but it wasn't perfect. I just feel gear swapping was more of a chore than anything. Sure a gear swap button could be implemented so that all you had to do was press a button at the last second, but why? I'm sure there are better ideas out there to encourage farming. The only tedious activities or mechanics in video games that I like are action-based. Like dodging arcane lasers and mortar shots to ultimately triumph over a tough pack for loot, that's fun stuff. However, a mechanic that basically requires you to run away and press a button to let your merc have the last blow is lame in my eyes (especially if you're a barb or monk). The valor system was a great addition, and let's be real here, a step in the right direction for farming. Ultimately, the NV system makes killing efficiency the primary factor of loot-drop frequencies, and rightfully so. Of course, the majority feels that MF should definitely be in the game, that's fine, whatever. I just don't want last-second-gear-swapping to be a core mechanic that requires gamers to adjust or fall behind, it's dumb.Slingshot0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Question about MF?? Ok I have been hearing this alot and it doesnt make sense all loot is generated per player not all players share the same loot drops so my question is does MF get split between the group? say someone has 200 MF and no one else has MF does that 200 that 1 player has get divided between all the players in that group?Darkfate0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Magic Find Gear Swapping (Pt. 2) First Thread is full so starting a new one: Option 4: Zero-Out Your MF% for 3 Minutes After Swapping Gear When you swap gear, your Magic Find is disabled for 3 minutes. Pros: Absolutely effective at discouraging gear swaps. Still allows you to swap gear when you find an upgrade, and the 3 minute duration is probably short enough that if you kill an Elite pack and get an upgrade, you can put that upgrade on and have your Magic Find active again by the time you get to the next pack. Cons: Players who are unfamiliar with the system may open up their details page and see their Magic Find as 0% and not understand why. We could mitigate this by making the 0% MF colored with a tooltip stating the countdown until your Magic Find would work again, as well as what your Magic Find will be when the time expires. I like this option the best.Laia39 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Question about LEGENDARY weapons It seems as if legendary weapons are under-powered at the moment. Daggers for example has a max dps of about 700'ish...They look cool and pretty hard to find, but they are out classed by rare/magic grade which has over 1k dps. Are their any plans of making them more powerful? Or am I missing something?HungLow7 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 1 sentence review of diablo So the threads name says itself Worth the 60 bucks and I enjoyed myself, time to move on to sc2.TheRiddler8 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 blizz control freaks? blizz you are waaaaay too concerned with how your game 'should be played' your customers bought your game, if they wanna smash pots then why not let them, who cares, they bought your game. if they wanna constantly do boss runs, let them, they bought ur freaking game. if people wanna change their abilities once in a while without being punished why not let them? why jack up repair costs? who cares if people want to swap mf gear before kills and chests (pre 1.03) honestly, they bought your game and shouldnt be controlled how to play it. im seeing a very solid trend out of this company. if your customers arrent playing the game the way u want it to be played, its just gotta get fixed. i really wanted to play this game for a long time but its become terrible, have fun, enjoy all your money (that you wouldnt have if it werrent for your customers) very few games actually piss me off but this game is one of them. ridiculous affix combos and unavoidable death is not hard, its just crappy game design. peaceShade3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Stop "Fixing" the economy, FIX anything else! Blizzard should be fixing other things, here is the list: - Make a real lobby, just copy paste the one in Diablo II - PVP - Class balance (before/after PVP, dont care) - Fix drop rates (lvl51 items in act IV inferno???) - Infinite level dungeons - Make us want to play with others, right now the most effective way of playing is alone (alone and online how ironic) And... what do you think???Sattanass0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 I don't understand MF Gear swapping I think by making gear interchangeable without losing nv stacks is a fair change. I don't understand what the developers are trying to achieve by having all the extra fluff trying to calculate MF based on time, averages, solar flares etc... If you can beat elites with MF gear on all the time, then FULL CREDITS! If you can beat elites with switching to MF gear on the last blow, then FULL CREDITS! What will also go a long way will be to boost the overall quality of loot dropped, then this gear swapping bs wont even be an issue.kira1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The MF/repair solutions. Get rid of magic find as a stat on gear all together( or see edit 1), return repair fees pre 1.03. Instead of punishing players for dying, reward them for staying alive. The longer you stay alive, the more magic find you gain, cap it at X amount. No more restarting games over and over to farm goblins/chests because you won't get anything from them with 0 nv stacks and no magic find but finding them after you have been farming will feel rewarding. Instead, it will promote farming and hunting mobs. Killing elite packs can speed up your magic find gain incase you are well geared and can farm much more efficiently. When you die, you can lose X amount of mf%. Thoughts? Edit 1: instead of deleting magic find as a stat, it could be used to make you gain magic find quicker over time.jmido2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Diablo 3 Goblin Farming with Giveaways! Giveaways happen when we get four legendarys. 2 each for 2 people! Be sure to follow and spread the word! The stream can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/kevinessence#KevinEssence38 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Leveling builds? I'm a 35 barbarian and I was wondering what the best build would be for leveling solo as far as possible (Since i've heard barbs start to get harder to play later on) And should I be using sword/board or 2h or DW? (Almost at the butcher on Act 1 on nightmare at the moment)Interactive6 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Playing from China I live in China, on the east coast, and was wondering upon release what server I will most likely connect to? I have the beta but can't even connect to it right now and if I connect with a proxy then my latency is so bad I can't even cast a spell. If I have to play on Asian servers (because of the lag issue) and I move back to the states will I just have to bite the bullet and remake a character on the US servers? If I downloaded and pre-purchased the US version am I good to go? TLDR: If I live in China can I play without lag?Amiar9 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Apply the KISS principle to magic find Keep It Simple Stupid... Everyone is sick of nerfs... The current drop rates for rares, sets, and legendaries is terrible from white mobs. I have seen 6 legendaries and one set piece in ~200 hours of farming inferno difficulty. I see maybe 3-4 rares from white mobs per full clear of act one. Would it not make more sense to buff the drop rates for rares, sets, and legendaries from white mobs in inferno to encourage people to not switch gear? This would be an easy, peasy server side tweak with no nerfs... Thanks for readingMerkin2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Live Stream Goblin Farming Tons of Giveaways! We giveaway rares when full inventory to a random player! We also giveaway legendaries. Only way to participate is watch and log in! It doesn't hurt to watch! Live stream can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/kevinessence#KevinEssence32 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 MF solution? Sticky is full and id like to get some opinions. Here is my post from the sticky. I think it could be a very viable solution. ...Carnage8 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Make it so the blacksmith can make any none magic item magic. Have it so when you get him to max level he can do this. Like one book + 1000 gold will have him add three magic properties. It would make it so finding junk could still pay off and result in countless cool things! Also give him an option to do a thing I'll call reinforce. IE it adds 3 random magic properties which are AMAZING! and can be added to any item, magic or not, but the cost is very high and it has a 10% chance of destroying the item. People would risk it to see what they would get and it would allow you to make the best gear even better, but risk is involved. Also, at top level make it so the jewler can add sockets to any itemColin0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 <My first D3 gameplay movie> Pls watch and tell what you think. I use it to show a irritating bug (from 6:16) with monk Tempest Rush, still after 1.0.3.Ksho0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Steam has missed out With Steam not having its summer sale this year they have missed out on a fantastic opportunity. With so many disgruntled blizzard fans (lack of content for WoW, and SC2, and disappointing re-playability in D3, Steam could have made some serious bank. Hell I know I would have bought something if it caught my fancy.Joshie2 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Valor bug? A few times in the passed few days ive noticed my valor disappear. Having done nothing it baffled me. I realized that what was happening is a skill somehow gets unset. I dont touch anything and this just happens. Anyone else having this problem happen?Gamed0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 A suggestion on Nephalem Valor Blizz Pls Read One issue is really big. That i know MANY people are having. Disconnecting. Whether through blizzard having issues. The internet company having issues. A storm happening. Or perhaps your cat got pissed at you cause you didnt pet it and attacks your wireless box. Who knows? But when you disconnect, you lose your stacks, and this is highly irritating. A way to fix this issue, is to make it so you KEEP your buff, even when you leave a game. However. You lose it if you change quests / difficulties. (so you cant kill normal elites and go to inferno elites with 5 stack. Make it work much like the way changing skills removes it. Also, if you are out of the game for more then the duration of your buff, or simply set it to 10 - 30 minutes whatever you choose. Then it removes automatically. So you cant just keep it over night. All removing it does for us when you disconnect is piss us off and make us ramp up 5 more kills. its not even THAT big a deal, more just irritating. So, please take this into consideration, and if you agree or disagree, say so. Thank you.EscataFlayer3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Magic Find Alternative Idea The "official" thread for the Magic Find discussion is full and I could not post there so I'm creating this new thread. Here is what I'd like to suggest as a solution to this problem: 1. Remove Magic Find and Gold Find as an attribute from all gear currently in the game and make it so that it can never appear on any gear that is equipped in our current slots. 2. Add 2-4 new equipment slots to our characters. Each of these new slots would be a single "square" in that the items we equip here are small and only take a single square in inventory or the stash. 3. Add a new item type called "Trinket" or "Widget" or whatever. These items will ONLY have Magic Find or Gold Find (or both for Rare or Legendary ones) and can only be equipped in these new equipment slots. This way, everyone can enjoy MF and GF, continue the gear hunt to get items that increase these attributes and prevent anyone from swapping items during a fight. You keep your best gear equipped at all times to maximize your battle performance while also, over time as upgrades come to you, increase your ability to find better items and/or increase gold via this new item type. What do you think of that?Syraen1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 SUGGESTION to blues about MF gear swapping I have some suggestions about gear swapping in battle and community leading/game design in general. 1. My idea about gear swapping in battle - when change gear out of town, have a short waiting time (e.g. 2s) like identifying rare items or open portal. Will make changing all gears during battle take 30s and defenceless which can stop people from changing it in battle. On the other hande, newly found items only take you a few seconds to try it on after a battle which is acceptable to me. 2. Buff/Nerf balance - I think Buff/Nerf is not well balanced in recent changes. Be hornest, I think the nerfs are good for the game in long term, however people need insentive (not something caused by bug, should be well planned features) as well. Personally, I think this is an important reason BLZ start to lose players trust. Trying to earn mondey is fine and will always be the main (only for most) goal for a company, but I believe the best practice is to think like a customer first. 3. "idea management" - For an organisation or person designing a public product or game usually two sucsessful patterns can be found. First is someone in the team (e.g. best be directors or leaders) always have golden ideas that suprises people, then keep it a secret and give people a suprise gift every now and then (like Apple). Another one is to maintain a good community environment, take peoples good ideas (like Google, just an example, Google itself has tons of good ideas too of couse). Unfortunely, I failed to see none of them from D3, please consider change your "idea gathering and reviewing" process.JiangZhu1 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 The reason why Jay Wilson hates D2 Haven't you been wondering why Jay likes to bash on D2? Did some research and apparently he was denied a job position by Blizzard North. True Story.SK718173 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 RMAH constructive criticism I believe the implementation of the RMAH is really poor. It's unnecessarily clunky, awkward, time consuming and overall just painful. Creating two completely seperate economies, making searching twice as difficult, discouraging people from using it, it's all just bad. There really shouldn't be an RMAH at all. Should have just implemented the option to buy and sell gold only and left it at that, would have saved Blizzard and everyone else a whole lot of wasted time and effort. Currently the RMAH exists on a totally different economy to the GAH. People think the GAH is dead? Actually it's the RMAH that is dead. If you search for items that are any good you'll find more than double the amount of them on the GAH for much more reasonable prices. Weapons that are worth 5m on the GAH go for $25+ on the RMAH. Why? 5m gold is worth around $12 by todays gold seller standards, yet the RMAH equivalent prices are double that. Further to that when you have balance on both sides you have to spend twice as long using an already awful search function to try and weed out the 1 in 100 items that you actually want to buy. Not to mention the price cap is too low, the hassle of adding funds is silly, having to wait hours to get your items is ridiculous etc. Honestly you should just remove the RMAH entirely and just add the option to buy/sell gold. Would make everything so much simpler, easier and better.Bellyfrog3 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 My magic find solution. Add a system where you can add magic find from the blacksmith using salvaged gear. Here is how my idea on this would work. -Find an item of a certain ilvl with MF on it. -salvaging this item gives a new salvage item type, we'll call it an MF token for now. This token has 3 attributes. An ilvl and item type that corresponds to the item it was salvaged from, and MF equal to the amount of MF that was on the item. You could even make the tokens things like glove linings or boot straps to differentiate the item types they are associated with. -there could be an option to either get the MF token, or normal salvage mats, or even both at a reduced rate of the latter. -Using the blacksmith, this token can be used to add the magic find amount to a new item of the same ilvl and item type. -Adding this token overrides any existing MF. -Salvaging an item that has had a MF token used on it, will not return that MF token. You could even add a gold cost to it, or require a tome of secrets. I think this system would be great because it will allow players to have awesome gear that makes them feel powerful, while also letting players magic find without that cheap feeling of switching gear sets and having to interrupt game play. It also provides a method to upgrade MF without that lousy feeling of having to use a substandard piece of gear just because it has more MF, and as players find better gear, they will have to upgrade the MF on it all over again. It's a somewhat new avenue of character enhancement, and it has the added bonuses of providing more use from the blacksmith, and not altering anything about how MF or NV currently work. I'm sure this would take a lot of development time, but all the Blizzard suggestions just seemed to suck, and would force players to have to deal with something I don't think anyone wants to deal with. Let me know what you think.Jester0 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Polls? Why don't these exist yet? just a simple poll that people can create when they make a thread, or maybe even just a poll that blues can make? They could make use of this if they believe they have a good idea and want player input, like the whole magicfind thing that's going on right now, it would make a lot of things simpler in my opinion.Oempa9 Jul 4, 2012
Jul 4, 2012 Constructive Magic Find post. Why not give a flat 20% bonus to magic find to players that haven't changed their gear for five minutes? That way people who swap won't feel like magic find is nerfed, and swapping will no longer be the optimal (yet tedious) way to play. Additionally, this solution fits in with the nephalem valor mechanics. You are rewarded by using one set of equipment that works against many types of enemies which is similar to nephalem valor - being rewarded by using the same set of skills in all situations.Micskill2 Jul 4, 2012