General Discussion

Jul 3, 2012 servers back up AND AUCTION HOUSE DOWN YUPNick0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 The sky is falling. My friend ChickenLittle said to pass the word. His connection was already down.JimRocky0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Everyone should just play Hardcore wouldn't that be something...Aniki4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 how long r the serves going to be down does anyone know?SodaFizzle911 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Unimpressed by mediocre support from Blizzard Once again I find myself sadly unable to log into Diablo 3. This is unfortunately a long line of depressing oversights on Blizzard's part. I know that technical problems happen. That's understandable. But what's really bugging me, and I'm sure other people, is the fact that Blizzard is ignoring every part of this game except for the Real Money Auction House. This game is not really an MMO. It's an rpg that happens to be multiplayer. There are no monthly fees, nor should there be. That being said, as a customer that paid for this game, I should be able to play it. If Blizzard is not willing or able to keep their servers up (all of them, including the gold AH ones) for everyone, they should refund me my money. The fact that the RMAH is always up at instant speed, but they're now choking the gold auction house is a blatant disregard for their customers and a glaringly obvious insight into the greed of this company. Paying customers should not be given lesser service than people who are continually paying Blizzard off via the RMAH. I don't want to harp on this for too long, but it really does upset me that this company is so caught up in it's own greed that it won't support any customers that won't continually put money into their pockets. This game never should have been online-only to play. It makes a one-time paid service hang on the whim of Blizzard and whether they're willing to keep them up. On the whole, I expect nothing to be done about this, but I did feel obligated to point out my disappointment and anger at how Actiblizzard's customers are being treated.Drake2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 im on ntABUSEDKITTEN1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 it's up it's upFrogBrew1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 5 Myths that People Should Stop Believing [Source: http://wp.me/2yhR4] ... Edit: I am not sure why there are two threads with this exact same post, I must have hit the Submit button twice or got lagged while submitting. Apologies.Nargaque130 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Omg Liek Servers R Up!11111 im logged in american serverswhodatninja1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Diablo 3 half-life already reached? I am starting to wonder. Let me explain. Despite what people may or may not remember (if they played MMO's back then or not), I started playing the initial online mutli-player online role playing type games way back when dial-up modems where the thing and 33.6 kbps was considered OMG that's so fast. My first MMO that I ever put a lot of time or effort into was one that sadly no longer exists (and despite just how many complaints there were at the time) I still consider it my all time favorite. It was called Asheron's Call 2. It was made by a company named Turbine that had a temporary partnership with Microsoft. Sadly, even back then, it had a monthly fee like World of Warcraft does now. On a side note, I still find it a bit ridiculous, no matter how many people are still willing to pay for the ability to play something they've already purchased and own. But that's beside the point. Thing is, I learned the hard way back then that MMO's are in a way a doomed concept. Here's why. Much like plutonium and virtually any other sort of that are similar, with the possible exception of Hostess Twinkies and cockroaches, everything has a half-life. I am really starting to wonder if Diablo 3 has already reached that point, despite only being a couple weeks from launch day. Maybe that's a reason many former employees left and started making Torchlight, and soon to be Torchlight 2. Here is basically the thought behind the "half-life" idea with MMO's. 1. A company spends a ridiculous amount of hours coding, developing, testing, and production, of a game. Unfortunately, since it is impossible for any MMO character to do the same thing in the same way (sort of like the difference between a barbarian and a witch doctor or a wizard on Diablo 3). 2. The game gets launched. 3. The company (and this not meaning actual coding bugs or game errors found and fixed) gets barraged by complaints from every playable character class. However, how of all of them, one particular class gets the most complaints. Let's say Wizards as an example here. Wizards top the list of the largest number of complaints. Everything from OMG my cloth wearing wizard can't tank like a barbarian, to OMG my wizard can't dodge like a Demon Hunter, to OMG my wizard has no pet like a Witch Doctor! 4. The company decides to cave in to the massive number of complaints, and starts patching the Wizard class. Again, please remember this is just an example, not anything I know of one way or another from Blizzard's point of view since I'm not an admin or employee. 5. The company releases a patch update that for the most part calms down all the people who were complaining about wizards, and they are happy. 6. The company gets a barrage of complaints from a different playable class, that go berserk because now their class is no longer special in one way or another, or wizards now exceed them in some way they can no longer do as result of the patch. Let's say Witch Doctors now as an example. 7. The company patches the game again, this time in order to calm down the witch doctor players. 8. The same thing happens again, and again. Eventually, the original game balance is completely gone. The original game, no longer exists due to all the endless and constant patching. 9. The game has finally reached its half-life. The game is no longer enjoyable for anyone to play, due to so many things being patched so many times, that it has become impossible for any company to fix it or bring back anything that was originally and actually enjoyable in the game. Its now become a coding nightmare behind the scenes, and the same goes down the tubes. 10. People drop the game, and go find a new game that they claim is "the answer!" to a game that is "so much better, so different, won't be anything like that last game, etc. etc. etc., type of idea" and the same exactly mess happens all over again. It's a endless cycle that is doomed to continue of any MMO. People like to complain. That's just human nature. No one want's to cheat, but everyone deep down (sort of like the original Game Genie for the old-school Nintendo Entertainment System) want to cheat, so they can ruin a game that took a ridiculous number of man hours, time and cost to develop, promote, and release... and beat the hardest most difficult thing to every be done, that was expected to take months or years to accomplish, and finish the game in less than two days time. People want to think of themselves as being so uber that they are more capable than Superman. Yet, no one wants to ever admit or even think to themselves, that they became Superman by cheating to do so, instead of just natural talent and ability. Is there any solution or possible answer? I'm not Christ, Einstein, or even Miss Cleo, so I have no idea whatsoever that answer might be. As is, do to the amount of complaints directed to both Blizzard and the game itself, the sick number of patching other than fixing game bugs, starting the endless roller coaster of the half-life idea I mentioned, I am starting to wonder, was Diablo 3 every worth the money? Has that half-life already been reached? Is there any answer at all to prevent that from ever happening on any MMO? I wish I had an answer to that. Anyone have any ideas that might work and prevent it in the future with Diablo 3 or any other game that ever comes out that are MMO or similar? I welcome comments, thoughts, or ideas.Reece0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers are back up As title says.Shroozle0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 99? Is leveling until level 99 just like in Diablo 2 will become available here in Diablo 3? And will there be more new weapons? TNXxKame1223x0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 US Server back up! no lie.rekamd0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 AH Any ETA on when it might be back up? The button for it has been grayed out for me for the last 2 days....here's hoping my auctions weren't deleted (again)Khelbin0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Its back on, finally error 300008 got a huge deal of my gaming time of the day.... well, i hope i'll be not alone at least now on the gameInquirerK0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Server down on "hidden patch "? PleaseFen0074 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Trick or Trade? I've noticed that when I play my Barb (with or without NV), I get gear mostly for all classes except Barb. Rarely does Barb gear drop for my Barb. When I play my DH or Wiz, I get mostly gear for Barbs and Monks. Is this supposed to be a way to promote trading or is this just broken? So, I've gotten my DH to level 38 so far and I'm still getting Barb and Monk gears. WTH? Rarely have I gotten yellows, but when I do, they are for other classes than the one I'm playing on. Occasionally I do get some DH gear on my DH, but what I do get is so absolutely useless. I switched back to my Barb, 5 NV stacks, killed elites, two rares drop: two crossbows. So, is this a trick? At least, I finally understand how the ranged classes got so rich so fast. It sucks beasty balls that I have to use my 60 Barb to run through nightmare just to get gears for my 38 DH, but it's been working, so for now I'll just keep doing it. I'd much prefer class-specific drops, especially with 5 NV stacks! Class-specific drops can be done, so go NIKE and JUST DO IT, please!Diabolical0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 I love this game but Come on pvp already Get with it holy !@#$. EVERY one of my friends has left for games with pvp. Maybe they will come back. Hopefully. How many %^-*ing years do you need to release a game with NO PVP. Give your !@#$ing heads a shakeAlittlepiggy0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 post #4 gets twelve hundred trillion golds obv you can transfer gold in d3malfy0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 just got in but the Ah is still downpsv0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Only the americas?!?!?! So checked on the sever status page to notice that only the Americas servers are down, not the europe (which AH is down) or asia (everything is up) servers. WTF BLIZZARD! Your an American based Dev so shouldnt your first priority be you American servers! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/statusRavens52916 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Game license expired So now that the server is down, I can spend some time rating comments on these forums. Oh wait, now I can't do that either because it gives me the 'your game license has been cancelled or is expired'. What's next.Briliant0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers are online Just logged in. Should be fine now.FLWLESSVCTRY5 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Loot broken? No legendaries or set items I have 2 level 60s (~400 hours between those two) and one level 53. I have not seen a single legendary or set item drop. (yes I know, QQ.) Anyways, getting a legendary to drop, whether it was bad or not, had always felt like a small reward for the time I put into playing in Diablo 2. Sadly, the only rewards I get now in D3, are those that can sell on the GAH for 30k- 50k gold to cover the repair costs. Reading the success of others on the forums here and diablofans makes me feel like I have a curse on my account or something. :P Anyone feel like their game client or account is broke or bugged? P.S. Save the 'random is random' comments please.Doom0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers back up At least for me.Bacon221222 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 SERVERS BACK UP Get in here!Versatility0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 US server is up its game time!!!!!!!!!!!!!APOcalypse0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 The not so long list of Game Suggestions!! 1) Make a suggestion forum / box. 2) Remove Quest lockouts from public games 3) Make Infernal mode optional - Make Hell mode... Hell. 4) 5/5 Classes should get a 20%+ damage reduction if 4/5 classes get one (DH don't). 5) Resurrect Anya and all her quests... 6) Bring back the Rat Pack! 7) Increase the drop rate of set and legendary items. 8) LRN2Math - RMAH - 50 transactions at $25 a piece is way less profit than 10000 at $2.50 a pop. 9) Increase Jay Walker's Loot - dude dropped a non-alcoholic beverage for me... that's ridiculous!GrStaKa1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Was waiting to bid on amazing item then boom Had 15 min left huge steal on this crazy item hope servers come back up fast =*( teaches me to wait till last second to bidSmokie20 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Auction house Where the !@#$ is the auction house and why is it down you moronsAva0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers back up!! Finally some good news! i just logged back in! see you in gameChronoSlayer1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 I feel like that squirrel in Ice Age! I go all over the place looking for that perfect acorn ( weapon), only to be let down by the mean old 3000007 monster and his sidekick 3000008. I strap on my mf gear and run around until I get 5 stacks then BAM. Alt Tab. Google works. These MOFOS. Fv<k it. I'll grab a beer and maybe it will be back up. At least the forums are helping me improve my typing speed.Nikephoros0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 What Did We Do Before Diablo 3? ... was there a before?BELLADONNA16 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 I'm an IT guy... is this game worth getting? Reviews don't look very good but I liked D2 a lotZiggyStardst17 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers up game onBeastKiller1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 What Diablo 3 needs back to be Diablo... Alright... So obviously there are the unpleased Diablo 2 Regulars who in and out have played over the years since 2000 when Diablo 2 launched. (I personally have played every so often getting to lvl 85 and enjoying my stone of jordan/gg trade venture.) I am just speaking my voice here as an avid Diablo fan. To keep me playing I know atleast these few things have to take change. #1 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD let us travel to act 1,2,3 and 4 in the same game. I loved nothing more than to farm an entire game from Andarial to Mephisto, and even the little guys like Rakinishu. You can't do that now...and if you can...I have no idea what so ever how to do it. Cause u can't do it from the waypoint. #2 The Skill tree is awful....Not the skills...but the build up. Where's all the bonuses for using cold with cold with cold. I liked building a frost sorc, or a chanter. Having to use bonus skills to add to others. The skills themselves are fine. #3 Where the hell is the Paladin??????? I am hoping that they are possibly saving this for expansion? The most demanded toon in D2...isnt in D3? Not sure why they only brought back the barbarian...and half of what the sorc was. #4 Oh this is a good one... LET US JOIN/CREATE OUR OWN GAMES PLEASE!!!! I am tired of joining games based on the quest I am on.. You are limiting us to that...Limiting is not fun. I miss being able to log in and see a list of games to my right...my favorite "Trist1" loved trist runs. And last but not least....(i'm all for change...but come on) #5 QUIT DESIGNING DIABLO3 LIKE World of Warcraft. We get it....WOW is the biggest game on the planet... While Im all for forging items, and being able to create gems...I hate the fact that the skills are all too familiar with WOW. Cooldowns? Really? What happened to spamming. Damn I miss the days... This is all based on my opinion...But I am sure there are plenty of others who feel the same. So please...by all means. Get with it... yours truly, frostedflayxRancidflayks1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 We Want PvP Back getting really board of just farming inferno here everybody stand up & post about this maybe if we keep talking enough someone will hear us out :PLegitSpawn3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 why can't we have a mirror server? I'm no expert, but I hear there are such things as "backup systems" and "mirror servers" and redunant systems designed to work around system failure Why can't Diablo 3 have that? Surely the technology is availableMetalFig1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 What is the point? If they have schedualed maint every tuesday why bring it down on monday night this is getting very frustraitingSICKNEEBA0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Diablo 3 still tops UK charts It's all here, whiners. Deal. The conclusion, I think, is rather obvious; you guys don't have nearly as much clout as you think you do. Anyone doubting the NA numbers will be pretty much the same? Anyone? Anyone at all? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a391036/diablo-3-extends-pc-chart-reign.html 'Diablo 3' extends PC chart reign' Published Monday, Jul 2 2012, 12:09 BST | By Liam Martin Diablo 3 remains top of the PC weekly chart, despite the release of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Ubisoft's tactical shooter, which enjoyed chart success when it released for consoles in May, enters at three, below a steadfast Football Manager 2012. At the tail end of the chart, Spec Ops: The Line celebrates its first week on sale by entering at ten, below Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai and Katy Perry Sweet Treats. The top ten in full: 1. (1) Diablo 3 (Blizzard) 2. (2) Football Manager 2012 (Sega) 3. (-) Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Ubisoft) 4. (3) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda Softworks) 5. (5) The Sims 3 (Electronic Arts) 6. (6) The Sims 3: Showtime (Electronic Arts) 7. (4) Battlefield 3 (Electronic Arts) 8. (7) The Sims 3: Katy Perry Sweet Treats (Electronic Arts) 9. (8) Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai (Sega) 10. (-) Spec Ops: The Line (2K Games)Zaskaszh47 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 ABLE TO LOG IN NOW. ABLE TO LOG IN NOW.Unknown0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Back on track Thats it!JackJack0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Impossible to progress through Inferno withou It is impossible to progress through Inferno without using the GAH, RMAH, sharing items among characters or your friends. I spent about 150 hours progressing a Barb without any assistance whatsoever until I first hit a wall in Act 3 Hell. I could not find a weapon that did more than 150 dps until my buddy gave me one that did 700 dps. With this weapon, I progressed without any more assistance until I hit Inferno Act 1. Then, it was a brick wall. I couldn't kill any champ/elites and even trash mobs gave me a great deal of difficulty. Being the martyr I am, I farmed Act IV Hell for better gear. After 50 hours, I found one upgrade. I realized without any all resist gear, there was just no way I was going to be able to hang in Act 1 Inferno. Soo, I farmed Act 3 Hell for gold. I bought some items on the GAH and now can farm Act 1 Inferno alright. I wanted so badly to farm my own gear all the way through but it is literally impossible. Noone has the patience or time to do it. Has anyone even done this?? With my commute, I work 11 hour days. Still, I have managed to play a lot of hours. Those hours spent playing seem wasted now. I think its almost time for me to go back to the real world and leave games behind for good. I hadn't bought a game in years and D3 will likely be my last for another few years. What is the point of this game? Its just a gear check and gold farm game. Farm the gold so that you can buy the items you need to farm later Acts, farm more gold. Of course there may be a rare item thrown in there that sells for millions on the GAH or a couple hundred on the RMAH but is that once a week item worth all of the hours that week. The biggest difference between D2 and D3 is that in D2, you traded items more for bragging rights and cool affixes because you could get by through the entire game as long as you had decent gear. In D3 though, you buy gear, with boring affixes, with gold or real money because you HAVE to in order to progress through the game. The casual, or even the semi-casual, gamer has no place in this game. The loot is terribly boring. Good loot is extremely rare. The legendaries are too rare (I myself have only found 1 in 200+ hours). The legendaries are too useless. Also, ya I understand someone must be finding the good gear because it is on the AH and RMAH. Well of course, but that might be the only good piece of gear they find that week or they are the players that used exploits to get godly gear within the first week the game came out and can now bomb rush through Acts 3 and 4 Inferno. Also ya, I understand that the game is new and D2 had its problems. Well of course, but D3 could have learned from D2's mistakes.JaySteele0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 To ALL Ragers... +1 for myself. Honestly, calm down... It's just a server issue. Last time I checked, issues do have solutions. So just take a chill pill, maybe go outside, get some fresh air...? I think most of you need that anyways. Screaming, yelling, and quitting really does nothing for anyone. So in other words, shut up and just wait for them to get the game back up and running. It's not broken, it's just experiencing a minor glitch, as ALL games do. Thanks beechesss.TheOaktree0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 [Monk] Tips for Killing Ghom I just wanted to share what worked for me after a lot of trial and error, as well as 500k gold in repair bills. -_- I'm going to provide as much info as I can to increase the likelihood that you'll find something useful in my post, and maybe it will save you some gold in the process! [If the following helps you, make sure to give the post a "thumbs-up" so others can see it too. Thanks.] GEAR: My gear isn't bad at all, but it's not crazy. I killed him without zerging him down via ridiculous dps. In fact, he died with not much time left before enrage. MY STATS: Damage: 18699.14 (21504.01 w/ Blazing Wrath) Dexterity: 1546 Vitality: 970 Armor: 5762 Attacks per Second: 1.58 Crit Chance: 23.5% (Amulet–5%, Gloves–5%, Shield–8.5%) Crit Damage: 75% (Ring–25%) Block Amount: 2794–3704 Block Chance: 16% Dodge Chance: 35.5% Damage Reduction: 65.76% Resist to All: 506 (One with Everything) Health: 42098 Life Bonus: 23% Life Per Second: 149 Life Steal: 0% Life on Hit: 907 (Amulet–536, Legs–71, Gem-300) Spirit Regen: 1.32 (Helm–1.32) BUILD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aigXRk!XUY!YYabaa This build utilizes Transcendence via high Spirit regeneration, resulting in very reliable, consistent healing. It allows the player to use Mantra of Conviction as a clutch heal (as well as a damage boost). With Serenity, Breath of Heaven, Inner Sanctuary, and a little Life on Hit, this build provides enough healing to survive poison clouds that do otherwise unsurvivable damage. If your damage is relatively high compared to mine, you might consider using a different Mantra – one that can make up for a stat that might be relatively low compared to mine. TIPS: Make sure to start the encounter with both Mantra and Blazing Wrath active and with max Spirit. When the fight begins, run to Ghom by going behind, and around, the left side of the front-left pillar. This places the first poison cloud in a favorable spot for kiting. Use Sweeping Wind and Serenity right away to get your Sweeping Wind stacks to three asap. Kite Ghom counter-clockwise slowly around the room ("And when I say slowly, I mean ******* slow! Many gas clouds. Handle it!"), starting as close to the front-left pillar as possible. Patience is key to kiting him effectively. He is fat and slow, and you will be worried about your Sweeping Wind stacks falling. Just wait for him to walk his happy *** over to you. You will be generating a lot of Spirit, so hit Sweeping Wind again to refresh the stacks without hitting him. Worst case, just let the stacks fall. Do not stand in the poison clouds for any reason. Each time you move out of one poison cloud, stay as close to that cloud as you can without actually taking damage from it, and, again, wait for him to come to you. Kill the adds quickly (unless they are sitting in a poison cloud). There's already enough damage going around as it is. Once you get a feel for when he is about to spawn his adds, time your Inner Sanctuary with the add spawns. This will give you extra healing while you nuke them down, and it provides a barrier that Ghom has to walk around to get to you, limiting the damage you take while adds are up. The "super-special-ancient-Chinese-secret" of this build is repeatedly healing yourself with Mantra. I only had the 62 life-per-spirit from Transcendence, so the heal was only 4650, but it has no CD, and can be used really frequently b/c of all the spirit regen in the build. Long story short, it's clutch. Lastly, if your dps is like mine, be ready to get him down to 5-10% health and then die from enrage a few times. He'll enrage, which will make you enrage. You two will share a moment. Hope this helps! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll give the best info I can. Good Luck!Hades18 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Forums > Diablo ??? IDK, you tell me.Damage20 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Bring the AH back up I bought stuff that i cant send to my stash, u turdsAlumni1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Will lvl 60 be the "end of the world"? Let me make it short and quick, Will we (us, the players and buyers of Diablo 3) be able to level more in the future with other skills, new characters ... etc ... or we just stuck in the lvl 60 forever and farm garbage everyday forever?oPPReSSoR3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Diablo 2 vs Diablo 3 in a nutshell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyfVcwzq7zs&feature=related Skip to 4:20ZealotNick0 Jul 2, 2012