General Discussion

Jul 3, 2012 Free 100g if you can guess what I'm wearing.. Go.Tipsie42 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Diminishing Returns on Play Time I'd like to give some constructive feedback. High level summary (TLDR) : Diablo 3 delivers great initial value but offers low incentive for extended game play. To improve this, I suggest increasing the mechanics for earning usable item upgrades. D3 is a great value. I have nearly 200 hours of play time for a one time purchase fee and no recurring cost. I consider myself a hardcore gamer, not just in terms of hours played (3-8 per day spread across games) but also my level of involvement with games (theory crafting, forums, etc.) I host LAN parties about once per week with 2-5 players. As an avid gamer, I can vouch that Diablo 3 delivers carnage and mayhem as promised. I can't wait for the player vs. player. Despite this high value, I find myself not wanting to play Diablo 3 more than a few hours per week. I think of this in terms of diminishing returns on play time. There is an extremely low increase in my character (gear, progression, achievements) for the time spent playing. For example, if I spend 5 hours slaying monsters there is no progression beyond gaining some gold. A bit of background: I play a lvl 60 monk (beating demons with your fists is so satisfying). My favorite zone to play is Act 3 inferno in the fortified bunker. I worked hard on my character to overcome the challenges of breaking into Inferno and progressing through the acts. I've dabbled in Act 4 but I'm not quite ready to tackle the underbosses of Diabo. The crux of the issue: I work my way up to 5 Nephalem Valor stacks. I cruise around searching for elite packs. Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor and I have to skip an area because the combination of abilities is so challenging for my character design. I accept that. What I am having trouble accepting is that I am no longer earning item rewards for my play time. The items that drop have such random properties that I can never use them! My only hope is get an item that can sell on the AH and then shop for an item that works for me. This style works....but its not rewarding to me as a player. I want to earn my item upgrades, or at least have a respectable chance at earning an upgrade. I see a few options but I'm sure there are many others (ideas welcome!). Increased drop rate for class specific items. A simple example of this might be the character's primary stat has a multiplier on the item roll. So when a pair of gloves drop and you are on a wizard the intellect rolls higher, but on a barbarian the strength rolls higher. There are other ways of achieving class specific items but this is a simple example. Reward system for vendor items. A simple example of this might be heroism points. Slay an elite pack and earn 1 heroism token. The blacksmith in town vendors set items for 25 heroism tokens. This is reminiscent of World of Warcraft mechanics for PvE and PvP vendor rewards. (And yes I believe this concept can carry over once Diablo 3 PvP is released). Summarizing, I am hoping the Diablo 3 player community can brainstorm constructive ways for Blizzard to improve our gaming experience. While the initial burst of slaying and mayhem is thrilling I believe many gamers are experiencing diminishing returns on their play time as they approach end game. Let's give Blizzard some ideas on how to improve this aspect!Taco12 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Can't log in? title speaks for it self anyone els on this boat?BoxDrunken290 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Please help!! My diablo 3 has been a pain in the !@# lately. When i play it goes a bit like this. There are 5 seconds of smooth gameplay, then the screen flashes black for a millisecond, then i lag uncontrollably for about 3 seconds, then it starts back over. Im almost positive it isnt my computer seeing as this is a gaming computer made to play games at full graphics setting. And because of the fact that i was able to play this game completely smooth just 2 days ago. So is it the servers or is it my internet? Can someone please help?Cyfan0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 where is pvp how long until pvp comes out? i've been patient, but pvp has always been the main reason i enjoyed the diablo series and i can't figure out why there is no update on it.Hauntmachine0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Emergency Maintenance Just do it already, get it over with. (AH just went back offline )KINGofCRA5H0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 How to post in the General Forums Say you are sitting at your computer and you have a problem....say with the AH or the Kripp fiasco. You are angry, happy, sad, etc, and you feel people on the forums need to know. So what do you do? You create a new thread so you can share your opinion. But you just made a mistake....what was it? You didn't look through any of the other threads addressing these same problems and issues. Instead, you find it necessary to make a new thread on the same topic that's been talked about for weeks/days/hours/minutes. This ultimately creates clutter and many pages of people doing "non-shameful bumps" and "^^" 's Just stop it. Stop acting like you are unintelligent. If you are able to get to these forums and make posts, you are smart enough to use the search bar. This a plea from a helpless fan of a community's helping each other.JohnVicious5 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 I love this game! Just wanted to say I love the game and enjoy it very much! Congrats for making a game enjoyable. I play everyday and love grinding and farming to get to the later acts. Server stability kinda freaks me out sometimes about playing in hardcore inferno though! But no worries I have a back up barb in the works! Get the servers so there very stable and I have no problems at all. I love the game and have played hundreds of hours so far.(Mostly barbarian) It is horrible there is so much dislike about this game. Keep up the good work because I love this game!DragnonFel1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 When will maintenance be done? I just bought it and was logging in and trying to play! Was just wondering wth is going on, I would really like to play something i spent 65 dollars on this is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FistofHeaven49 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Did the buff reflect damage? The post I did of this just got deleted. We'll see if this one goes through. I just logged back in after the server crash and ran into a reflect damage pack. Not a problem usually, so I switched to my LOH gear. Since I have so much, normally my life goes up against reflect damage packs. Now it's going down fast. Seriously? What just happened with that "server crash?" Is anybody else experiencing this?Gavek0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Blizzards failed to learn from past mistakes: Why is it that WoW has an action bar lock, but D3 didn't come programmed with one at launch? Why is it that Starcraft II, a multi-player centered game, has an offline mode (albeit very limited in scope). The community complained/criticized constructively in those situations and progress was made (The lock will be implemented in a future patch and SC2 didn't begin with an offline mode). It seems that Blizzard is ignoring us, especially if they think of us as money sources and not as humans, they are doing a terrible job with delivering a quality product that will reap future profits.CptJero1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Can we get a clarification on the RMAH terms? Many threads are popping up on the general discussion forums regarding the section where it says you "cannot use the auction house as an investment vehicle." One poster even went as far as saying he was banned for buying items on the gold auction house and selling them on the RMAH for profit, as can be seen in this post: I want to assume he is just lying and was probably botting, but I would really appreciate some clarification because there seems to be a lot of confusion as a whole around it. I personally have been buying items on the gold AH and selling them on the RMAH and have yet to be banned, am I at risk for being banned? I am not botting, everything is done by my own hands and it is with my own gold that I have earned, I just don't want to lose my account because of an ambiguous clause in the terms of service. So any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BrianBrian28 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Lesson to Jay Wilson QUIT TELLING THE PLAYERS WHAT WE WANT AND LIKE. In the words of Joe Dirt, "It's not what YOOOU like, it's the CONSUMER.." /edit** Jesus Christ... These forums even blow. You can't even use basic functions like embed video codes!GuardUrGriLL1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 I think i've found it out.. What if the reason item affixes are generic and not varied is because Deckard Cain is no longer the one identifying them, and our hero's are novices at item identification?Vultrex23 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 everyone chant name bashiok BAISHIOK!thunderfang7 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 They've done studies you know 60% of the time, the servers are up every time. Its raining outside, and now I have to go do dishes. The minions of hell are growing in my sink.Wednesday1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Leap Second Addition Broke Login Servers True story....I read it on the internets.Emllik13 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Reverse Nerfing? Would it be a logical thought to say one way to fix this game is instead of making all the fun class skills and runes useless... Why not bring up all other skills up a notch to match the "OPness" of said skills. Make the classes all stronger and more BA and then tweak difficulty and AI to compensate. I would much rather log in one day to find all my skills... buffed? I'm sure this is easier said than done but since they nerfed smoke screen and the runes that depend on it, I havent touched my DH. They killed AS, I stopped playing my monk. It's like every time I start to enjoy a class they promptly kill it. and god knows what they have in mind in order to "balance" pvp. I've played this game for about 2 hours within the last 2 weeks, I need a reason to play again :(Slyde1 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Servers up.. or at least it says Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 The new book Is anyone really interested in reading the new book, or about Diablo lore in general? The game itself has a plotline that probably took a whole hour to come up with.Zannis0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 If you are quitting! Please give me all your base!Wednesday0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 No wonder they're having server issues Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Thank You for the Down Time Thank you for allowing me some down time so I could try out Path of Exile. You are moving me a step closer to finding my next game.Elizabeth0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 American vs Diablo Economy, rich get richer Blizzard = U.S Government Botter = Evil Bankers Bot Reseller = Wall street Gaints Blizzard Fan boys = Ignorant Americans Regular player = Middle(soon to be poor)Tax payer Blizzard + botters + bot reseller = the rich Botters make gold out of nothing, using the gold to craft items and sell it to RMAH for cheap Reseller using bots to fish out the cheap items and resell at normal price Blizzard is collect their share of 30% +$2 in this process Botters are happy Resellers are happy Blizzard is happy The more money botters make the more copies they can buy the richer they get. Blizzard may not like the idea of “botting” yet it is so profitable to ignore the moral issue. Moreover, if blizzard get rid of botters the economy will crush, since only botters can produce items that’s worth awhile for people to pay real money(are they going to ask blizzard for a “bale out” soon?). But what about inflation? Blizzard has the answer! Let us make things more expensive! “But wait we can’t make crafting more expensive, that’s how botters(and us) make money. So let’s just make repair cost higher. Screw the working class. Let them farm 10 hours for a 1100 two hand weapon and just to find out its worth under 80k. and the repair cost > 500k for 10 hours of farming" So rich getting richer, and poor getting poorer.GetGames18 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 D3 thoughts from an old timer The feedback people give, whether positive or negative, does mean a lot. It affects our future buying decisions. The act of continually spending earned currency speaks volumes towards our approval towards a business. It is a fact that a lot of people have spent currency to third party gold and items selling websites dating back to Everquest. Therefore it is perceived that people want to spend their money on these services in a game. The question is whether this idea turns off enough people to walk away from games that provide these types of services. It can be argued that spending cash on "in game" items can provide an advantage to players with more disposable income. This is where the problem arises. Many players play games based off the idea that we all play on the same equal playing field. It is perceived as a safe place where it makes no difference where you come from, what social or economic advantage you may have, what your sex, race, age or religion you are affiliated with. When the idea that a player may buy an advantage with cash then many people get turned off. This is because they may hold dearly in the idea that in a game all players should be equal. I have chosen to play Diablo 3 and I ignore the RMAH even though I believe the business model of this game is strongly tied to the success of the RMAH. When PvP is released I will most likely quit playing Diablo 3 based on the idea that the company who makes the game provides a setting that, in my opinion, offers an unequal playing field and I am at a competetive disadvantage.Synapse5 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 When servers get back up Anyone down to make a new char and play through the whole game without useing the ah? Ya kno actually having to get your own upgrades as you play along. Im planning to make a WD if anyone is down a 4 player team would be sick, Planning on doing it on this char withouth the Ah until Inferno clear. Leave your battletag if you want to join me!Purple4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 So which game are you gonna play ? While waiting what are you gonna play?Naramis62 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 ASIA hacked us their fully up and so is europe(cept auctions in europe) wtf manTotalCarnage0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 cool downs should be taken out of D3 anyone agree that it would make the game better?? ...... I do.hookedoncron0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 servers back up AND AUCTION HOUSE DOWN YUPNick0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 The sky is falling. My friend ChickenLittle said to pass the word. His connection was already down.JimRocky0 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 Everyone should just play Hardcore wouldn't that be something...Aniki4 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 3, 2012 how long r the serves going to be down does anyone know?SodaFizzle911 Jul 3, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Unimpressed by mediocre support from Blizzard Once again I find myself sadly unable to log into Diablo 3. This is unfortunately a long line of depressing oversights on Blizzard's part. I know that technical problems happen. That's understandable. But what's really bugging me, and I'm sure other people, is the fact that Blizzard is ignoring every part of this game except for the Real Money Auction House. This game is not really an MMO. It's an rpg that happens to be multiplayer. There are no monthly fees, nor should there be. That being said, as a customer that paid for this game, I should be able to play it. If Blizzard is not willing or able to keep their servers up (all of them, including the gold AH ones) for everyone, they should refund me my money. The fact that the RMAH is always up at instant speed, but they're now choking the gold auction house is a blatant disregard for their customers and a glaringly obvious insight into the greed of this company. Paying customers should not be given lesser service than people who are continually paying Blizzard off via the RMAH. I don't want to harp on this for too long, but it really does upset me that this company is so caught up in it's own greed that it won't support any customers that won't continually put money into their pockets. This game never should have been online-only to play. It makes a one-time paid service hang on the whim of Blizzard and whether they're willing to keep them up. On the whole, I expect nothing to be done about this, but I did feel obligated to point out my disappointment and anger at how Actiblizzard's customers are being treated.Drake2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 im on ntABUSEDKITTEN1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 it's up it's upFrogBrew1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 5 Myths that People Should Stop Believing [Source:] ... Edit: I am not sure why there are two threads with this exact same post, I must have hit the Submit button twice or got lagged while submitting. Apologies.Nargaque130 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Omg Liek Servers R Up!11111 im logged in american serverswhodatninja1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Diablo 3 half-life already reached? I am starting to wonder. Let me explain. Despite what people may or may not remember (if they played MMO's back then or not), I started playing the initial online mutli-player online role playing type games way back when dial-up modems where the thing and 33.6 kbps was considered OMG that's so fast. My first MMO that I ever put a lot of time or effort into was one that sadly no longer exists (and despite just how many complaints there were at the time) I still consider it my all time favorite. It was called Asheron's Call 2. It was made by a company named Turbine that had a temporary partnership with Microsoft. Sadly, even back then, it had a monthly fee like World of Warcraft does now. On a side note, I still find it a bit ridiculous, no matter how many people are still willing to pay for the ability to play something they've already purchased and own. But that's beside the point. Thing is, I learned the hard way back then that MMO's are in a way a doomed concept. Here's why. Much like plutonium and virtually any other sort of that are similar, with the possible exception of Hostess Twinkies and cockroaches, everything has a half-life. I am really starting to wonder if Diablo 3 has already reached that point, despite only being a couple weeks from launch day. Maybe that's a reason many former employees left and started making Torchlight, and soon to be Torchlight 2. Here is basically the thought behind the "half-life" idea with MMO's. 1. A company spends a ridiculous amount of hours coding, developing, testing, and production, of a game. Unfortunately, since it is impossible for any MMO character to do the same thing in the same way (sort of like the difference between a barbarian and a witch doctor or a wizard on Diablo 3). 2. The game gets launched. 3. The company (and this not meaning actual coding bugs or game errors found and fixed) gets barraged by complaints from every playable character class. However, how of all of them, one particular class gets the most complaints. Let's say Wizards as an example here. Wizards top the list of the largest number of complaints. Everything from OMG my cloth wearing wizard can't tank like a barbarian, to OMG my wizard can't dodge like a Demon Hunter, to OMG my wizard has no pet like a Witch Doctor! 4. The company decides to cave in to the massive number of complaints, and starts patching the Wizard class. Again, please remember this is just an example, not anything I know of one way or another from Blizzard's point of view since I'm not an admin or employee. 5. The company releases a patch update that for the most part calms down all the people who were complaining about wizards, and they are happy. 6. The company gets a barrage of complaints from a different playable class, that go berserk because now their class is no longer special in one way or another, or wizards now exceed them in some way they can no longer do as result of the patch. Let's say Witch Doctors now as an example. 7. The company patches the game again, this time in order to calm down the witch doctor players. 8. The same thing happens again, and again. Eventually, the original game balance is completely gone. The original game, no longer exists due to all the endless and constant patching. 9. The game has finally reached its half-life. The game is no longer enjoyable for anyone to play, due to so many things being patched so many times, that it has become impossible for any company to fix it or bring back anything that was originally and actually enjoyable in the game. Its now become a coding nightmare behind the scenes, and the same goes down the tubes. 10. People drop the game, and go find a new game that they claim is "the answer!" to a game that is "so much better, so different, won't be anything like that last game, etc. etc. etc., type of idea" and the same exactly mess happens all over again. It's a endless cycle that is doomed to continue of any MMO. People like to complain. That's just human nature. No one want's to cheat, but everyone deep down (sort of like the original Game Genie for the old-school Nintendo Entertainment System) want to cheat, so they can ruin a game that took a ridiculous number of man hours, time and cost to develop, promote, and release... and beat the hardest most difficult thing to every be done, that was expected to take months or years to accomplish, and finish the game in less than two days time. People want to think of themselves as being so uber that they are more capable than Superman. Yet, no one wants to ever admit or even think to themselves, that they became Superman by cheating to do so, instead of just natural talent and ability. Is there any solution or possible answer? I'm not Christ, Einstein, or even Miss Cleo, so I have no idea whatsoever that answer might be. As is, do to the amount of complaints directed to both Blizzard and the game itself, the sick number of patching other than fixing game bugs, starting the endless roller coaster of the half-life idea I mentioned, I am starting to wonder, was Diablo 3 every worth the money? Has that half-life already been reached? Is there any answer at all to prevent that from ever happening on any MMO? I wish I had an answer to that. Anyone have any ideas that might work and prevent it in the future with Diablo 3 or any other game that ever comes out that are MMO or similar? I welcome comments, thoughts, or ideas.Reece0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Servers are back up As title says.Shroozle0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 99? Is leveling until level 99 just like in Diablo 2 will become available here in Diablo 3? And will there be more new weapons? TNXxKame1223x0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 US Server back up! no lie.rekamd0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 AH Any ETA on when it might be back up? The button for it has been grayed out for me for the last 2's hoping my auctions weren't deleted (again)Khelbin0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Its back on, finally error 300008 got a huge deal of my gaming time of the day.... well, i hope i'll be not alone at least now on the gameInquirerK0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Server down on "hidden patch "? PleaseFen0074 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Trick or Trade? I've noticed that when I play my Barb (with or without NV), I get gear mostly for all classes except Barb. Rarely does Barb gear drop for my Barb. When I play my DH or Wiz, I get mostly gear for Barbs and Monks. Is this supposed to be a way to promote trading or is this just broken? So, I've gotten my DH to level 38 so far and I'm still getting Barb and Monk gears. WTH? Rarely have I gotten yellows, but when I do, they are for other classes than the one I'm playing on. Occasionally I do get some DH gear on my DH, but what I do get is so absolutely useless. I switched back to my Barb, 5 NV stacks, killed elites, two rares drop: two crossbows. So, is this a trick? At least, I finally understand how the ranged classes got so rich so fast. It sucks beasty balls that I have to use my 60 Barb to run through nightmare just to get gears for my 38 DH, but it's been working, so for now I'll just keep doing it. I'd much prefer class-specific drops, especially with 5 NV stacks! Class-specific drops can be done, so go NIKE and JUST DO IT, please!Diabolical0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 I love this game but Come on pvp already Get with it holy !@#$. EVERY one of my friends has left for games with pvp. Maybe they will come back. Hopefully. How many %^-*ing years do you need to release a game with NO PVP. Give your !@#$ing heads a shakeAlittlepiggy0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 post #4 gets twelve hundred trillion golds obv you can transfer gold in d3malfy0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 just got in but the Ah is still downpsv0 Jul 2, 2012