General Discussion

Jul 1, 2012 i59-i62 weapons need a buff Anyone else sigh when they get a weapon under i63? We all know that it's going to be garbage before even ID'ing it. Armors have a chance of getting some decent stats that are use able, but weapons that aren't i63 will always have terrible DPS. It's annoying.Gentso9 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Forced to stop playing. I have two toons in inferno mode right now, and i have been forced out of inferno because I can't afford to repair. This is crazy. Both toons are kitters, wizard and wd, but now I'm at a point that i feel as though i have to tank equip both. With the combination of affixes on elite packs I simply can not kite my way out of them. I always seem to run into packs that have several of the anti kite affixes: jailers/mortar/frost/vortex/arcane/fast. I am cool with dealing with these packs but dying is simply unavoidable when you get completly locked down. I wish I knew why Blizzard is penalizing us so severly? I mean really the only people getting penalized are people fresh to inferno mode, those of us who havent been so lucky in the market to be able to purchase top end gear. I don't see why I have to be relagated back to hell mode to farm gold. The funny thing is im just about ready to start act 3 in inferno and have yet to see either a major upgrade for me or anything drop that would generate any real profit beyond a 100k. This last patch was the dumbiest idea ever. I get the feeling that Blizzards only true intent is to sell gold on the real ah to generate revenue - why else would they up repair cost so dramatically. I'm disgruntled. I'm at the point now that i come on to check the ah to see if anything sold - it dictates if i get to play that day. Pathetic.Zardor15 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Goblin Exploiters? If you're not aware people are spamming Ancient Path (leading to Desolate Sands) in act2 inferno using full MF gear w/ zero regard for survivability. Why do you need good gear if you can just run this method?Ajani23 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Tip for those doing Act 1 farming runs After doing the cemetery of the forsaken, go south. That area usually has 2-3 champ packs in it and they're not hard to find.Gentso0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Bigger Text Please Not much too it, love the slick interface. But, I have bad eye sight and the small font is sometimes a pain to read. Would having adjustable font sizes in the options menu be hard to pull off? It would really help me, and anyone with some vission dissability. Cheers!SpiderSpoon30 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Thnx Blizzard I thankyou for putting in a checkpoint in act 3 as soon as we get to town after beating Belial. Really - thnx. I won't have that problem again.UnifiedEarth0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Inferno difficulty design is completely wrong Sorry, but if I want to have to wail on elites for 10 minutes, I'll go back to raiding in WoW or go play Shadow of the Colossus. Remember Jay's line in the preview video? Something like "The Barbarian is a perfect example of our character design philosophy. There's no such thing as too much power." Inferno's idea of difficulty is just plain lazy. It honestly feels like it was conceived, designed, and executed about two weeks before the game was shipped. Doubled damage/health dials and one more affix is not engaging endgame content. The result is a kite-fest for ranged and a turtle-fest for melee. I thought Diablo was about slaughtering hordes of demons, not running away from them while slowly whittling down their health. Inferno makes players feel like weaklings; despite our shiny armor and powerful looking skills, we go back to feeling like we're killing the Skeleton King for the first time with a rusty nail club. The laziness of just cranking up health and damage is one of the primary reasons why every class's Inferno build is 1 (or at the most 2) damaging abilities and the rest defensive. The build constriction adds to the feeling of being neutered between Hell and Inferno. My Barbarian used to cleave through armies of foes with Whirlwind or smash through columns of enemies with Seismic Slam (depending on his mood). It's still possible to do so, but only with gear and/or a great ability to deal with frustration. 99% of Inferno Barbarians are using Frenzy + Revenge because it is necessary to survive. We all miss the days when it was possible to choose a build based on its efficiency and stylishness in killing monsters. Instead, the difficulty design of Inferno makes it mostly about survivability. Obviously, some scaling of monster health and damage is necessary. But if Blizzard had spent more than 10 minutes on Inferno, they would have realized that in order to create more engaging and fun content, much more is required. -There should be many more monsters thrown at you in Inferno but with intelligently scaled up health/damage (instead of hur dur, we doubled it!). I thought we're fighting the armies of Hell, but right now it feels like recruitment is down. Diablo is supposed to be an epic experience. Smacking around 4 slightly larger Fallen elites with 2 million hp each for 10 minutes isn't terribly epic. Slaughtering hundreds of tough, but vulnerable Fallen is. The challenge should lie not only in monster health/damage but also in resource management (ie. will I have enough Fury to lay the smackdown on this horde of enemies before they surround and overwhelm me?) Obviously, Blizzard tries to make their games playable by the widest range of pc specs possible. But I would gladly give up some graphical beauty in order to have hundreds of enemies on screen at once. -There should be epic Inferno events Inferno is the exact same game we've gone through 3 times before, but with cranked up dials. Events (which are already a joke in other difficulties and add nothing to the experience) should be epic side-quests that take time and have appropriate rewards. Imagine Act 3 Inferno. You're rolling through the battlements, raising catapults when suddenly an officer runs up to you. "They've broken through the west gate!" You follow him through an instance portal and you're in a courtyard with dozens of friendly NPCs in front of a breached gate. You must defend the workers repairing the gate for 10 minutes against hundreds (if not thousands) of demons that come in waves, culminating in their horrific gigantic commander whom you slay in an epic battle just as the gate is refortified. You then continue on your merry way. (Templar: "Now, back to my mission!") If you had let the workers die, you failed the event, and were teleported back outside, sans loot. Contrast this to the current iteration of events. Enter cave. Find guy standing there. "Help, they've kidnapped my brother!" Fight through the same monsters you would have if he wasn't there. "Thanks!" He then lets you repair and sell off your bags of worthless items you've found. The Inferno events should be slightly more challenging than the "normal" Inferno difficulty and should have a leaderboard so players can compete for best time, most enemies killed, etc. They should be scattered throughout all four acts and have unique flavor. Blizzard had 10 years to make this game, there's no reason it should be as devoid of creatively difficult content as it is. -More skills should be resource restricted, not cooldown restricted Remember in the video when the Barbarian made consecutive leaps around the battlefield? Gameplay would be so much better and fast paced if skills like Leap were resource restricted. With classes being forced to take lots of powerful defensive skills with cooldowns (again, due to the poorly tuned health/damage), the 6 skill limit starts to really constrain characters' power. Again, remember Jay "There's no such thing as too much power." Yeah, well apparently, Barbarians can only jump around every 10 seconds. What would be so overpowered about Barbs being able to Leap multiple times? (Aside from the 300% armor rune that would have to be changed.) It does a measly 85% damage and has a slow that is ineffective in Inferno anyway. The best model for how things should be is Discipline – a wide variety of powerful skills run off the same resource and can be spammed with no cooldown, but which deplete the resource pool. The player must make intelligent decisions about which abilities to use and when and must be careful to maintain a proper level of the resource depending on the context. Hatred, Mana, and Arcane Power are also well-designed in this respect. Significant cooldowns are only fun if they are extremely powerful to the point of gimmickry (WoTB + Earthquake) or if you can have a lot of skills at your disposal at one time, so you don’t feel gimped when they are cooling down(WoW). Perhaps give each class a 7th skill slot for an “ultimate” cooldown ability and rework other cooldown skills. It would go a long way towards making our characters feel powerful again. Edit: Another thing: Contra-like difficulty and lag Not only is it poor design to have monsters with one-shotting projectiles, but also unforgivable to have any sort of server lag in an online game when this is the case. In conclusion: The “slaughterfest” spirit of Diablo is hindered by the poor difficulty design (“we doubled it!”) of Inferno and the poor implementation of cooldown skills. Events are boring and add nothing to the experience. Combine this poor/lack of design with the awful itemization and drop rates, and you have the recipe for why so many people are disappointed and are quitting. Thanks for reading and please comment!Kru24 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 things need to be done about gold i noticed that i can't afford anything good even though i have 10 mil. blizzard is pretty much forcing us to buy from botters or just stay stuck. botters are bringing in 300k per hour per account. gold is equaled to crap right now. im seeing too many people just quiting because of this. can blizzard get off there lazy butt and do something about this...iKOuRH0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Garbage gold drop in Hell What is with the horrible gold drop in Hell difficulty especially act 3/4?. I don't farm inferno because I see no reason to farm gold just to pay for my repair costs. I Just got back from farming act3 hell with about 200% GF + 4/5 NV and 90% of my gold drops were 200g and below. I got the occasional 8-900g drop. The more I play this game and try to enjoy it, the more I realize why this game is going down the whole rather quickly. I guess nerfing and squeezing as much profit as they can out of a fail game is more important than fixing the game properly and having it last more than 5-6 months.Schaef3 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 | HD Gaming| For The Viewers-TV Live stream Win a GTX 670! D3 Give-away @ 250 Follows! Come and show us your support and follow us at We are open to chat and answer questions about the game if we can. Come have fun thank you! all who come.Camoshooter2 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Holy crap Cydea is hard now She is just owning me. I used to do Siegebreaker quest through azmodan to farm, but now I can't beat Cydea for the life of me with Neph stacks up. I just randomly instantly die to a spider spawning under me.FattyMcBauer2 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 The forum function :VIEW MY POST: Eins1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 How's Diablo III? Iv seen many topics about this game being so overrated and how many players are quitting because various reasons, but i'm guessing they weren't gamers when diablo 1 was around. So, is the game any good? Is it worth the money?rAndrei32173 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Scammer in D3 So hard to believe this game don't have a LOCK PHASE while trading which all other online game did. in the result of D3 failure i lost my 2m while trading with other player and deal to this result report since got no use cause the report function i totally for decoration. Conclu~ if really 10 year make this game it is such a shameEins4 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 elite soul rippers...what would you do? I play a wizard, and have what I think are pretty decent stats. 70k dps with force weapon, 700-800 resists with prismatic armor. I ran into a elite pack of soul rippers during my descent in the breach heading to Ghom. They were: Reflect Damage, Fast, Invulnerable Minions, Jailer. I really don't like to restart games, and I don't like skipping elite packs, but I am at a loss on this group. Any suggestions on how to defeat them? I couldn't outrun them with 21% runspeed.Thynqikan24 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Some thoughts from a casual gamer If you check my history, I do not post often, but I think this needs to be said. I know that blizzard hears a lot from those who have gone to the higher difficulties and i think they really need to hear from a casual gamer as well; someone who isn't out to beat the highest difficulties and make a name for themselves. I was hyped for this game. I loved D2, even if it took me 5 years to get to and beat hell. i payed casually, beat a difficulty and moved to a new character type. later i would come back and continue. that being said, i had followed the information on D3 for many (MANY) years. and at the last minute, you changed a lot of the things i was looking forward to implementing. The enchatress, the new skill tree, finding runes to add to my skills; all gone. but i had hope. I have now finished normal mode with a barb. i put 60 hours into this venture and have formed some opinions. And because of my experiences, I, like many people, have complaints about the gameplay of this product. so here are some insights and complaints from the softcore people. 1. i tried to get through this game without the auction house. It is near impossible to do. the drops are for characters are not for the level that character is. (i finally broke down and bought new armor and weapons because i was tired of playing over and over again to find something to help me beat act 3.) i saved gear for my other characters, they'll start with a lot of good gear, but they will probably not find anything my bard didn't. 2. Even as a casual gamer, i find the lack of replayablity disturbing. my barb is level thirty-something, and in truth, i have almost no desire to carry on with her because all i'll get out of it is some new runes for my skills. the aggrevation of trying to find upgrade loot doesn't balance with the fun of new skills that are useless unless i get the NEW GEAR!!! i will have all the skills and stats as everyone else. my "unique" build will be from equipment i had to buy... 3. The server lag is annoying in normal, i can't imagine how bad it would be to play later when the stakes are higher. i hope blizzard will realize that the issues involved are not just the later acts; the same issues are found throughout the game. i still have hope for this game, and i have 4 other classes to work through (and it will almost be as fun as a part-time job), so i will get to see further patching as we progress. However, i do not see this game lasting as long as my D2 addiction.madhatr01337 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Mods like "DarkD3" etc. - legal? I'm thinking of trying out D3 using one of these graphic mods to make the game feel darker. DarkD3 is the only one I've heard of, but if there are better ones, let me know. Are these things okay to use, or will I get banned for altering the game? Anyone here use one, or know of anyone who uses them and has/hasn't gotten banned?Lofty0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 A crafting proposal I've had this idea stewing in my brain for about a month now, and I finally reached a point where posting a wall of text on the forum is more appealing than playing the game. It's gonna be a long read. Also note that English is my second language, so it might not be the prettiest, most coherent read. Sorry. I think all can agree with the following statements: -Crafting is largely useless -There is too much gold in the economy -Getting your own upgrades is like playing lottery -Blizzard wants us to spend most of our time clearing whole acts while farming elites With those in mind, consider my proposal. The way crafting works now, you find a plan, melt a bunch of 61+ items for essences and tears, pay gold to create completely random items. Rinse, repeat. I would like crafting to be more personalized and customizable. In this system, the way it would work is: Find a sword plan. Melt a bunch of 61+ items for essences and tears. Farm elites to find a Strength plan, a socket plan, a "insert other affix/suffix here" plan, etc. Farm elites to get x amounts of shards of strength, shards of socketing, shards of "insert other affix/suffix here". Pay gold based on the base item and the amount of mods you added. I specify elites, and that's not an oversight. All stat plans, and shards would drop only from elites. Plans would be rare drops, but not some ridiculous 0.0001% chance. (I don't know which value would be considered balanced. 10%? 1%?) Shards would be pretty common, every single elite you kill would drop one shard. Furthermore, elite affixes dictate which shards they will drop. For example, the knockback affix could be a strength shard dropper. So with inferno elites having 4 affixes, you would know ahead of time that at the end of a fight with a pack of 4 elite monsters, you will end up with 4 shards, randomly picked from the 4 affixes the elites had. This would allow Blizzard to reward us for sticking through a fight with a tough affix, by making the best affix shards (crit, IAS, LpH, res all, whichever other) drop from it. Item plans would only determine the base item used for the end craft. It's ilvl, and the amount of affix/suffix slots it has. There would be a plan for every single useable item in the game, for ilvl's 61 to 63. Affix/Suffix plans would have 3 tiers, T1 (call it ilvl 61) dropping in act 1, T2 (ilvl 62) in act 2, and T3 (ilvl 63) in act 3/4. Each tier would have a range for its stat, which would be 10-25% (again, precisely balanced numbers are beyond me) lower than the range a dropped item of that level can have. For example, if ilvl 61 armor can have 50 to 125 STR (no clue what actual numbers are), the T1 strength plan would have a range that is lower. Shards would share the same tiers, and would drop in the same acts as the plans that use it. Part of me wants to say shards should be bound to account, but it needs input from more people. Now...why should they put in a system that appears so complicated? Think about this before dismissing it entirely: -Crafting would be not only useful, but actually a reason to play specific acts -Pretty much everyone that actively farms inferno would use it, therefore lots of gold would be taken out of the economy -Spending x amount of time farming elites would guarantee a (small) progress towards getting (making) an upgrade -We would spend more time doing exactly what Blizzard wants us to do in their game, clearing whole act while farming elites Note how those 4 points all tie in to the 4 statements I made at the beginning of my post? They could make it so it would take a week of few hours a day farming to make ONE single item, and it would still be a gigantic improvement over the current system. And with stat ranges being lower than equivalent dropped ilvl, those random lucky drops would still be valuable. I welcome discussion, and greatly want input to improve upon something of this scope. I likely missed a few things in the thought process. TL;DR there is no tldr. its a long idea that can't be summarized in a few lines.Syntastic0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Whimshire Droprate? It's as hard as the mobs in act 1 inferno, yet it's hell. So is drop rate there the same as Act 4 Hell or the same as Act 1 Inferno?armoredWasp3 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 My life steal improvement proposal! As many people know life steal right now only uses a fifth of its value in inferno. This is to prevent it from scaling too drastically with player damage. The problem is that it scales well with aoe, but not enough with just a few mobs present. I truly believe the 80% reduction on this effect was just a poorly thought out band aid fix which causes this effect to suffer a lot single target wise. The idea I have here is fairly simple. Simply remove the 80% reduction so that life steal is always at 100%. For every monster an aoe spell hits life steal is fractionated (i.e. 2 monsters = 50% life steal each) A flat 5%-10% could be taken off the top before fractionated and added to every additional monster hit with aoe to support scaling (i.e. 5 monsters = 19% + 5% life steal each)The end result here is that life steal would typically be good for single target uses while not scaling out of control for aoe, but still scaling none the less.Malevo1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Can we get a blue to comment on the AH? In terms of incoming/planned changes to the AH, we basically haven't heard anything from blizzard - and it seems like changes to the AH are currently some of the most sought after improvements to Diablo 3. I personally understand that the D3 AH was no easy feat to create from a technical standpoint, so I am in no way demanding any of these changes happen. So here are my questions (others feel free to add on and I will try to edit them in): What is the current state of improvements for the AH? Is anything currently being worked on? Are you planning to add the ability to search for more than 3 affixes? Most classes look for more than 3 once they hit 60 and can be hard to find the right gear. If not, could there instead be an option to search within results to simulate more filters? Will we be able to watch auctions without having to bid? Will we be able to have a non-roundabout way (having to link the gold stack to chat) of seeing what the stats were on the item we just sold? Will we be able to see how much our item didnt sell for? Will we be able to sort by bid, time left, and/or other stat categories besides dps/armor? Will we be able to filter legendaries by certain stats? Will stats from sockets be removed from search queries? Will suggested items be dependent on our current gold? Will we have a more powerful search tool at any point? Stat/Dps/armor ranges, gold ranges, etc. Will we be able to tab between search affixes? Will we be able to search by ilvl? Its still is hard to search for some affixes - damage range on rings and offhands, block% on shields, etc. Will this be made any easier? If a blue could comment on ANY of these I would be extremely happy. And if possible, maybe comment on if the reason some of these changes are because of GUI related problems, or technical (servers and such) related problems. Thanks!Hierox25 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Why I Won't Be Buying D3... I'd like to start this thread by saying that I do NOT intend this thread to be a being moaning and crying rant. I have been a Blizzard fan since the very beginning. I have bought every single Blizzard game thus far at launch out of support for the (former?) goals of the company. Everything from Vikings to Warcraft 1 to Diablo 1 and everything thereafter. I have even been an active member of Blizzard's community. I have attended Blizzcon several times, and I have a few technical help threads that were so well received that they are still stickied to the Mac Tech Support forums to this day after several years from their original creation. However after all this fan dedication, I will not be buying D3. But all I wish to convey here is my honest reasons on why I won't be buying the game in a cool, calm, and hopefully concise manner. I do this here in this forum because I could not really find an appropriate "general concerns and feedback" forum. _______________ I'll start off by saying that I am a pretty typical middle class citizen of the U.S. with a pretty typical middle class life. I'm a 28 year-old software developer, and I live just outside the city limits of one of the more technically advanced cities in the U.S. Fiber-optic internet is common in the inner city and suburbs here. I however do not have such luxuries. Being just outside the city limits, like a huge percentage of the U.S. population, means that I'm mere miles away from having broadband of any type. I have a crappy satellite connection that's barely faster than dial-up, and has an average of 2,800ms latency times. That's 2.8 seconds of lag. For EVERYTHING that I do. And yet, I play WoW. And I play WoW WELL. I'm used to staying ahead of my latency when I play. Blizzard, whether you want to admit it or not, this kind of setup is NOT uncommon. However, WoW is the type of game that's pretty forgiving in terms of internet lag and latency. I cannot play less forgiving games like first person shooters on my connection. And I don't even try. ________ But let's get to the heart of the matter here. I can't believe I feel like I have to explain any of what I'm about to say to one of the biggest game companies in the world, but with the choices you've made in the past few years, starting with WoW, and cumulating with Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, I feel this has to be said, whether it falls on deaf ears or not... Diablo 3 is NOT a multiplayer game. Diablo 2 was NOT a multiplayer game. They are first and foremost a single-player games that have multiplayer options. Blizzard, I'm sure you're well aware of Torchlight and that some of your own former Diablo developers left to go work on it. And I'm sure you're more aware of its sales figures than I am. However, I have bought the game twice. Once on Steam, the other time when it came out on Xbox Live. I love that game. And it's entirely a single player experience. __________ You have to consider the demographic. Dungeon Crawlers appeal to us introverts. They spawned from the "Dungeons & Dragons" types of games us geeks played in our basements in the '80's. And I have to assume that you know exactly the sales figures that this type of game garners because of how many copies of the game you gave out for FREE via the WoW Yearly Pass. You knew full well that a lot of players wouldn't have bought the game otherwise without such a grand publicity stunt. You knew from the start that "The D2 fans" wouldn't be enough to justify the kinds of costs D3 would take, or the revenue you wanted from it. So you gave out free copies. A lot of them. But let me tell you something. I feel betrayed. The types of tactics you have used to restrict D3 to solely online play, to the marketing, to even the in-game development choices that I can only assume came from the corporate level. And you know exactly what I'm talking about. ________ I can't imagine that anyone in the corporate structure will care that I, as well as many, many other D2 fans, feel betrayed. And that's fine. I wouldn't expect you to. You have money to make. But then... Why are you making games? The video game industry didn't start out as a very successful business model. Video games are software designed entirely for the purpose of entertainment. Something for people to do in their free time. As a fellow software developer myself, I take pride when my software has the opportunity to brighten someone else's day. And that is exactly what the sole purpose of your products is supposed to do. Brighten someone else's day. But my day is hardly brightened when I have to deal with things that hinder me from playing in the first place. The "Always-on" requirement of this single player game (with multiplayer options) completely restricts people like me, who were devoted fans from the very beginning. from playing at all. __________ If you were to come to my house today and look at my video game library, you'd probably be surprised. I don't own Call of Duty. I don't own a lot of the most popular multiplayer games out there today. I own almost ENTIRELY single player games. Games like Final Fantasy, Torchlight, Skyrim, Portal, Batman: Arkham City, Mass Effect 1, along with countless older console and PC RPGs. These are the types of games I play. THIS is the demographic that games like Diablo attract. And you've completely alienated us. In the end, it's a moral issue. You know damn well that Diablo 2 and Starcraft 1 were, and still are among the best selling games in the world, despite the rampant pirating. Something which I as a childhood linux geek ironically never did. This was a selfish act on the part of whoever made these decisions, and it was a huge lack of moral fortitude on the parts of the people that implemented it without questioning it. If the recent server hacking that happened over this last weekend didn't drive that home for you, I don't know what will. I know enough that I can't blame Blizzard as a whole for any of the game's issues that I take moral offense to. I know it was only a select few in the varying divisions of the company. But I hope this letter gets read by more than just the technical support staff, and that it actually has SOME impact on the future moral decisions of the company. ~ A betrayed fan, StormtidesFrost46 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Abyssal Dye complaint In the tooltip, it says "the inky blackness" BLACKness.... Then why is it grey? Hmm? Please fix, or let us know something.Volcom30 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Checkpoints Please stop wasting 5 minutes of my life running from 1 place to the next each time I die. Give me incremental checkpoints.JimmyFats1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 AH show no bidding record i am bidding on a ring for 15 m, but when i log on today shows nothing, and my selling items are not right neither. none showing in finished trans...... what is the wrong ??????????????????????????????wwwaaay0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Guillotines ALWAYS hit me!!! What a glowing n00b...Invictus0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Max250usd. What if sell 2 bids for 150each? Max amount at Blizzard account is 250usd. What if i sell 1 item for 150usd and then sell another item (in bidding) for 150usd? Do i lose those extra 50usd? 250to blizzard account and 50usd to Paypal?MonkeyDluffy11 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 eu auction house down ? <- say it is up but ingame it is down so is anyone playing on eu servers able to get acces to ah or is it on my end only ? *edit* ah is back online for me and thx for the replys guysscr3wed5 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 inferno mat prices are out of whack might as well vendor most of my junk ilvl 61+ items now.Lamebot5 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 5% fee on unsold items please! So idiots will not post an item for 900 000 000 gold which no one in the world currently have.Fearest60 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Belial Problems This is probably a learn to play issue but I am wondering if anyone else has been having the same issue I have. So I have been attempting Belial all night and one issue that keeps killing me is that he will slam down in a place where there is no green stuff, but of course I am there to catch his slam. Is this a common issue on Hell mode?Velkroe1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 When will this game be fun? How long until Blizz decides they made enough from RMAH and decides to make the game solo'able without using the AH?Gentso11 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 The Infinite Dungeon (suggestion) Hello, I remember I saw about this suggestions some time ago, and I would like to discuss about it a little here and see what you all think. So, here is the idea, the Infinite Dungeon would be a way to extend the endgame, since a few people are already capable of downing Diablo on Inferno, and most people who like the PvE don't really care for the PvP. But how would this Dungeon be made? Well, first of all it should be a random factor of every single dungeon in the game: Caves, Cellars, Crypts, etc. The enemies there should be random also, we could see any sort of wacky combination of enemies from every single act in the game. The power level should start at mlvl 61 and grow 1 lvl with every 5 levels, being on the 5th level a fight with a random miniboss, like Leoric or Magda, and on the 10th level with a random main boss. Also, the difficulty between 1 lvl and another can't be what it was when Diablo 3 first came out, the easy 61 vs impossíble 62, it has to be there, but in a smoother way, like Act 1 to Act 2 now. The progress from one level to the other should be locked, and only open once you down all the rare/champion of the floor (let's say 1 Rare and 2 Champions on every floor). Nephalem Valor will work, for farming purposes, but won't be much of a factor when it comes to progressing, since you will want use optimal builds for every encounter. There should be a Ladder where the names of those who got further, in a rank of Solo, Duo and Team (1, 2 and 4). A feat of Strength will be given to the first person who finishes level 40 (downing all major bosses). The drop rate should increase with every 5 floors, where at floor 1~5 it will be the same as Act I, 6~10 of Act II, 11~15 of Act III and IV, 16~20 increases the chance to find ilvl 63 to about 21% and so on, also, after floor 15, the minimum level of drops will increase by 1 up to the max of ilvl 60, for every 5 floors. Every 5 floors there will be 1 yellow chest, and an extra yellow chest for every 10 floors, that means that on the miniboss, there will be his drops + a yellow chest, on the main boss there will be 2 yellow chest + his drops. In Solo, you will have 3 chances of Death, once you die the 3rd time, you must start all over again. In Duo, you will have 1 chance of Wipe, but be able to resurrect a total of 4x In Team, you will have 1 chance of Wipe, but be able to resurrect a total of 7x --------------------------------- Why do I think it would be important to have this dungeon? Honestly, I'm bored of doing those act events over and over again, I just want to crush a load of enemies and reap the rewards, not see the same story unfold again and again and again. I loved the way Diablo 1 worked, where you just went down the stairs in the Monastery till you eventually got to Hell. But that's just me, let me hear what you guys have to say.Grandork8 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 anyone complete the "crumbling vault"? anyone able to successfully complete the crumbling vault side quest in act 2? whats in the secret treasure room?Wizard11 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 wts 3/5 Zunimassa's Set Package Deal. Taking any offers. Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Blood Clan Impalers vs ranged I hate these thing with a passion. This is the ONLY ranged mob in the game whose projectiles I simply cannot dodge with any sort of consistency. The Occultists fireballs travel much faster, but I have no problems. The main problems with them: 1) From about 3x melee range, their spear is not possible to dodge. It. Will. Hit. You. It's basically a melee attack from about 3x the range. 2) The levels in which these mobs appear, also have floor colors which blend in with the spears. 3) The collision detection with along with the lag factor (read: server ping) makes trying to dodge these things a virtual crapshoot. As stated previously, I have no problems with any other projectiles. 3) Collision detection again, up and down stairs, is just horrible Champion/Elite version of these mobs have even more problems: 1) These mobs run faster than me (19% move speed). When I do actually successfully dodge a spear, they can close the gap and get the free melee hit. (see previous #1) 2) With teleport affix, every teleport is a free hit. (port + attack... every time) TL;DR - This is by far the worst ranged mob in the game. skeletal archers arrows move much slower and have much better collision detection than these projectiles - Fix the hit boxes (go test in normal, try to see how many spears you can dodge in a row from even a single one of these) - Change the texture on the spear model, it is TOO DARK - After a teleport, there needs to be a delay on auto attack ( this should go for any mob, including phase beasts)Batchxk6 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Why? Why does the game crash right before I reach a checkpoint in Inferno? I have such a love/hate relationship with D3.TheSquash0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 A Letter to Jay Wilson, Out of Due Respect... Sir, I won't pretend I could develop a game better than you, because I know I couldn't. I have no intention of flaming you for this release like the majority of the forum goers will. I've heard some nasty things pertaining to you, and I'm ashamed of the community, in general. However, I will concede that there are some decisions I don't agree with, though I have faith that you are listening to the feedback and will address the concerns in due time. I do wish that the CM's and developers who post on the forums would address the concerns brought up by the few reasonable posters. I can't imagine putting all the work you have in something this big, and how it must feel to see a community turn into a school of piranhas ready to feast on anything thrown their way. If there was one thing I could tell you, Jay Wilson and would be that it is okay to put people in their place when they deserve it. Put them in their place, accept the criticisms, and work towards addressing the issues. That's all there is to it. In simple terms, a lot of people were expecting something different than they got. I understand that your design decisions may not be everybody's cup of tea, and that's okay. It's not supposed to be *everyone's* cup of tea. The reality of it is quite simple. Your ideas just were simply different than some of the previous installments. You wanted them to be new and fresh, and some of us believed they would be - however, the execution of them may have been less smooth than intended. I personally think this game requires ongoing tweaking and some minor changes to be sustained. I am talking about patches, adjustments, balances, and tweaking. I'm not talking about entire systems being ripped out or being redesigned on par with what some of us remember of previous Diablo game(s). There's simply no need to redesign everything from the ground up, because the foundation of the game is solid. I wrote this letter because like many others I am very passionate about Diablo. Diablo 2 played a large role in my circle of friends growing up, as did gaming in general. It was games like these where you would socially bond with many people. Both people you met while playing, and people you already knew. For the reasons mentioned in this letter, Mr. Wilson, I and hopefully other people here in the community respectfully acknowledge that some missteps took place. I'm not trying to blame you specifically for every misstep, but you are the face of the franchise's development. Progress is made generally in steps, and that is why the reasonable members of this gaming community are willing to wait out some of the bad times, in the hopes that the needed fixes will be made. Then the game will be one that we will all enjoy for many years going forward. Thank you for your time. Regards, Drusas#1765Drusas11 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 working as intended ? You decide! Wizard : Good gear + meteor shower spam, with enough crit, you can almost instantly reset diamond skin vs a single target. Barbarian : Overpower crushing advance : with enough life on hit, you can heal by standing in fire. With enough crit, you can keep it up constantly. Demon hunter : Sentry crits but does not consume sharpshooter Caltrops Jagged spikes uses damage modified by sharpshooter and does not reset it. Companions use damage modified by sharpsooter and does not reset it.Venom7 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 2 socket beckon sail 2m starting bid no reser 69 dex 5 ias 3 percent life 1 crit chance 2 sockets with 38 dex gems each in it. Thisi s a 1.2k dps upgrade to my amazing chest piece but I roll a little different than glass cannon. Start it off at 2 mil.Ssaucy4 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Suggestion: Deterring from All Res. stat I currently feel that all resistances is the only resistance mod sought after, and this stat is also jacking up the price of a piece of gear. Especially if said gear has bonus armor, vita, and god forbid a high main stat. I have a idea for at least fixing the elemental resistance aspect and making items that don't roll +high AR stat more viable. The range for single elemental resistance is quite low (seems to be the same range all resistance can roll) and this seems broken to me. An item with +70 fire resistance is just an item I don't care about when I know similar items exist with +70 all resistances. My suggestion is to give the single elemental stat resistance rolls a much greater range. Say, a new range of 50-275 for a single elemental stat. This way, your item doesn't suck just because it didn't roll the all resistance modifier, and it becomes viable for folks lacking resistances in a particular area or they can't afford +AR stat gear. It would also give players a reason to stash entire suits of armor with high elemental resistances for certain farming areas based on monster types and elemental damage dealt. Thoughts are welcome, and appreciated.LoTan22 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Another ninja nerf? Been running A1 Inferno for hours the past couple of days (since the drop rate increase) and have kept track of what falls. The run consisted of: Festering woods > Cemetery > Leoric Manor > Moon Clan Cave > Jail > Butcher Only counting average rares per run, I've had: ilvl 63: 6 ilvl 62: 11 ilvl 61: 16 Handful of low/mid 50s. Maybe 5 or 6 Since 7/1 at 8am PST: ilvl 63: 1 ilvl 62: 2 ilvl 61: 5 Whole hell of a lot of low/mid 50s. High 20s. Small sample size, that's for sure. But it's off-putting. Anyone noticing similar drops?Lettuce9 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 [AH] Features Wanted I'm sure these have been discussed. But they are on my mind, so I feel the need to vent. Mobile Phone App with these features: Stash Items List items Buy Items Sale & Bid notifications In-game Bid & Sale (with amount) notifications. Oh the times where I would leave my game to shop if I knew that I had xxxxxxxx gold waiting for me! 4~5 Preferred Stats 3 just isn't enough in many cases! Saved Searches I know which stats I want on what gear... I shouldn't have to re-enter them into searches each time! Give us like 5 slots for saving search criteria! Cancel Auctions For a flat fee If there are no bids. ???????? I'm sure you folks have some good ideas of your own! Let's make them a reality!TheSadKing1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Bind to account items.... So how would this affect things if such a thing was implemented? Something like Buying something from the auction house, use it for more than 15 minutes will bind it to your account? It'd take the item out of the economy, not allowing it to recirculate, but part of diablo was getting a new item and recirculating it into trade again. It's also stop flipping (If it was bound the instant you bought it). I honestly don't think its a good idea, but been thinking about it. Its probabably the only way to keep item values for mediocre items valuable. OR, a 1-2 days cool down on an item after receiving it? If you trade an item, it "binds" to your account for a day or 2 to discourage flipping...but it still doesn't quite remove it from the market I guess.... Just thinking out loud on a bad idea, maybe something weird will come out of it?Camela0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Need great ppl!! great clan :) I hope this is he right place to post this, I am looking for a group or clan of people friendly y looking to have fun playing Diablo 3 anyone?BluEagle0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 LF GG bow have 130m to blow Dement#1144Ssaucy0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Something feels missing in D3.... After reaching 60, and starting a new character I can definably feel the fun points of D3, especially if you have lots of gold. However the D3 world i feel there isnt enough places to go and get together to explore and kill. I dont believe this is the end. I feel that this is just the beginning, and perhaps through content patches and expansions we will have something just as epic and open as WoW.Bahamutt0 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 what does d3 lack? what does it do well? This is more of a general idea thread than specifics and I just want to see what others think. Try to post one of each and not just bash or fanboy it up if you can. Lack: Character Diversity. I feel very pigeonholed as far as skills that I use and the items/item mods that I try to aquire so that I can meet he gear checks for inferno. Good: I love the random events/dungeons/mobs scattered about the world. I ran into Bricktop the Nemesis while I had the movie Snatch playing in the backround and it just made my day. Especially as he appeared when the scene where Bricktop describes what nemesis means was on or the refrence would have been totally lost on me. That was a good RNG roll! Anyone else?bugoo1 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 How does life on hit work for AOEs? If I hit 2 targets with one attack, do I get 2x the life on hit?Techfreak3130 Jul 1, 2012
Jul 1, 2012 Legendaries, set items and recipes.... Are way, way, WAY too rare. There should be lower tier items of all three types that drop in difficulties below Inferno. 110 hours here (act IV Hell) and I haven't seen a single one of any of these types. One of the joys of D2 was finding set and unique items, even low level ones. It is baffling that the design team for D3 would so badly fumble the ball as to have all of these items be ultra-rare. I am guessing this will be fixed in an expansion but more common items of these types should have been in game at launch.Strega3 Jul 1, 2012