General Discussion

Jul 2, 2012 Service status forum http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6008461002 Blizz has put up a comment about the service outage. You are all just looking on the wrong part of the forums.Verbatim0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 SORRY !!! I dropped my coffee on the UPS From: Blitz To: All whinners An employee dropped a coffee on the power generator. We expect them to be up within the next 3 months. In the mean time, you can all post here and we will reply with the updates after the power generators are up. Thank you for your $60 donation and continuous support. -Bliznocloo0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Never again Blizzard, Thank you for this wonderful game. Amidst the various server problems, I have managed to fit in three characters and about 150 hours of play. Alas, you have managed to convince me that "forced" online play for a single player will NEVER be a product I purchase again.MarkH0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 5 stacks of Valor on Diablo inferno then D/C! Ok so my very first time on Diablo inferno Me and 3 other were about to down him we had him sub 25% on last phase all alive and at full health with 5 stacks then what happens we were kicked from game and game is now crashed...... Cant log in nothing..... I guess blizzard finally figured out how to regulate how many ppl get to kill diablo... Thoughts? Very angry at Blizz and this makes someone not even want to play : / well i guess there is always tomorrow :(Rage13 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 To the writers of "State of the Game..." This is to all the writers and supporters of the thread entitled "The State of the Game: We Will Save Diablo 3". I'm sure I will be immediately trolled by many who read this. For those who feel the urge, please go ahead and troll; it's not going to accomplish anything. This is simply my opinion and I'd like the forum to be balanced and not one-sided. Since there are MANY people who DON'T have any problems (or very few problems) with the way D3 is we should have a voice too. I am one of those people. I originally wrote this post as a reply to the State of the Game thread, but it has reached its reply limit, but I have to give those of us who like D3 a chance to be heard as well, so here it is =) ------------------------------- WOW! I'm sorry to say it but in my experience there are a LOT of people who thoroughly enjoy Diablo 3 the way it is, including ME! I also hate to burst your bubble but this thread won't save Diablo 3 O.o Why? Because it doesn't NEED saving! It's fine the way it was intended to be, and the number of people I see online every day are proof of that. Most of them are over the few weeks of upset that happens after almost every patch and they've adapted and moved on. I am a D2 and D1 fan and I happen to love D3 as well. D1 was different from D2 and D3 is different from both. Games EVOLVE. If they were all the same this wouldn't be called Diablo 3; it'd be called Diablo 2. Moreover, it doesn't matter whether some stupid poles say Diablo 3 is falling--all I care about is that there are still millions of people who love it obviously, or they would quit playing. On top of all of this, your crazy tactic of trying to give Blizzard some ultimatum to change the game or ELSE is absolute lunacy! You don't go around threatening the maker of the game! HAHA! That will do no good, and because Blizzard has made ALL 3 Diablo games and invented it in the first place, THEY--not YOU--have the right to say what Diablo 3 is and isn't; whether it is Diablo or not! Maybe Diablo 2 wasn't even what they wanted and the technology of today gives Diablo 3 the capability to be what it was supposed to be in the first place? You can either buy it and play it, buy it and complain about it or not play it! Those are your choices. And if you really want Blizzard to change something threatening them or telling them they have to make the game the way YOU want it is just not going to have any impact. Blizzard makes better games than almost any other company there is for the PC/Mac; they've been around for decades and you shouting ultimatums at them isn't going to change that. All you are accomplishing is QQ'ing. I mean no offense; I'm just trying to give you a reality check. If you want the game to be better you have to rewrite it yourself. Go develop your own game. It's NOT that easy and there are ALWAYS people who won't be satisfied with it! Trust me I know--I'm a game developer myself. And it's HARD! In closing, I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone, I'm simply trying to say that if you want you can continue with this crazy plan but it will have very little if any impact on the future of Diablo 3, Blizzard or gaming in general. Fans don't dictate what happens with a game or how it works. They either play it or they don't, and I am going to continue to play it, along with all my friends who feel the same and many people who ARE upset with the current state of it. They will get used to it, because games are meant to change. The same game with a new name or a different UI/ideas of play would be BORING. If you would like to see some changes in the game, you are going about it the WRONG way. History, experience and common sense dictate that this is true. If you really don't like the way D3 is (I can't understand why) the right way to do it is let Blizzard know in a KIND RESPECTFUL way, and to not expect too much because in Blizzard's opinion, and the opinion of MANY other people myself included, there's not much to change; the game is great the way it is. But if you see a bug or you think something is unfair or something you can let them know without threatening them or making some huge list of protests which doesn't change anything. With that in mind, if you're reading this Blizzard, I'd like to thank you for creating one of the best ARPG games I've ever played. Diablo 2 was awesome, but this game pwn's =) If anyone else agrees with me they're welcome to add their comments to this thread. If you disagree, you no doubt will add your comments as well. It won't matter to me; I won't be reading them. My mind is made up and I'm not a qq'er; I accept that patches change things and that the natural way that games work is to evolve, not to be exactly like the game that came before, or to give some people WAY op'd abilities and others horrible nerfs. Also I'd like to say that I hope anyone who reads this, whether they agree in part, all the way or not at all has a great time playing D3 or whatever other games they might play. I have nothing against anyone and I'm sorry if I've offended you; I'm just trying to put mine and the opinions of MANY other people on the forum too so it's not one-sided, because there are a lot of people who have few if any problems with the way Diablo 3 is. =)phrostbhyte0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Pick a side and stick to it! If this game is so terrible then plz explain to me why the only time that this general forum BLOWS UP is when they kick you nerds that cry offline?... I mean really? Are you so obsessed that you cant be offline for an hour or 5? If you are gonna strait HATE on this game then why play it?Rowdey330 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 maintainance So i tried to login got the whole 300008 when it was trying to identify my credentials than tried again and noticed that they were working on the servers to fix the problems. Whats up with it will be up again as soon as possible, to me if they cant give a time line on how long the servers our going to be down than they are working on these servers blind folded and dont know wtf is wrong!!Cain0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Any update on item rolls? Been doing 75% A3 clears since the hotfix (fort bunker, depths1-3, stonefort, SB->Azmo) and I've realized I simply dont have any motivation to login and continue anymore. The carrot is officially broken. I can only do run after run after run only to have completely garbage rolls on every single item for so long. Eventually something just snaps and I realize I'm not having fun, and moreover I have not been for sometime so why continue? So I'm wondering if there is a light at the end of the tunnel, or is Blizzard happy with the current roll rates? Since we've had no official comment on this all we can look to is Bashiok's twitter which essentially summed the whole thing up as "keep grinding because theres always a chance youll get something great on the next mob"... That leads me to believe that the current roll rates are working as intended. If so, that's certainly their right, but I'd just like to know either way. The longer I go without playing the easier it gets to not play, and the louder the "groan" gets as I contemplate another 10...20....30...40 hours of grinding Act3 with nothing but 65 vit 30 int 25 str 2599 health globe trash to show for it.Joker1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Announcement from Blizzard "Due to technical difficulties D3 will not be up for at least 7 hours, but more like 12. Just come back tomorrow and it might be up. Thank you for your patience."BoPeep0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Prime Time Outage There's no subscription fee for this game so it's hard to add playtime to our accounts for a prime time outage (i.e. WoW). However, we all did pay for a game that we currently can't play. Any ideas for an appropriate compensation in a scenario like this? Hell, I'd take amusing commentary from the moderators, if nothing else. What do you guys think?T3RR0RX0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 PLEASE - Can we get an eta? I'm so sick of the generic "we are working on it" .......... ......................................... ..........................._,-~"¯¯"~-, ................................................. . ................__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"- ................................................. . ..........„~"¯::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::: : ................................................. . .__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :"~-, ..........................................__-~"::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::: ::::~-, ..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-, ......................,~"::::::::::::::¯¯::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,: | ....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :_,-~":''-,::|:|::|:::| ...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':'-,::',"-::'':"::::::::|:|/ ..............._,-'"~----":::/,~"¯"-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::'-,:;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::|/ ............,-'::::::::::::::::'-~"O¯_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::'-,:: ............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':'-,:'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::'-,|'' ............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',| .........../::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯:'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::-::| ........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::-,:||..| ......./::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,:::|:|::'' ......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~' .....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/ ..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::„---~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-' ..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,' ./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::"-,::::::::::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/ ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::|::: : : : : : |: : ::::::::/:/ ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::: : : : : : |: : ::::::: I'M RAGING ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: ::::: : : : : : : : : |:::::;; ::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::::/| ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::| :::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::| ::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/::::::::::: ::: "-/|::| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/:|: : : : ::":/|| ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::::::::"~/_:|:|: : : '-,::"::,' :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,:::::::::"-,|:||,-, : '-,:::|-'-„ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/--';;:::/: ||-, :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/:/|/|/|_/:| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::| :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/ ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: .............."~--„_____„„-~~"Nix830 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Stronger Requirements for Public Games Nightmare+ I constantly get bad group compositions, AFK's, and players with with no HP, poor damage, or they just up and run away from every fight then come back to pick up loot. The vote-kick option (which doesn't seem to work?) is there, but it's hard to get that used often enough to remove problem players. Especially when 2/4 are a problem in many games. Clearly there are fewer people in public games every day. I think the group system is poorly done and so many are simply learning that public games are worse than solo/private games with friends and only use them to meet people and then go game privately. You already have blatantly allowed gear checking (which I don't have a problem with, that's part of RPG in ARPG) but then your games don't actually gear check players who want to enter! I notice items show a general +% protection and +damage on them. Could we use those same behind the scenes formulas to gate public games? Required to have X% protection, Y hp, and Z damage? I notice the random hate on the forums has picked up on the loss of players in public games and tried to take it as proof the game is 'dying' like a militant religious group saying an earth quake killing people means God agrees with them. I find this funny. Your game has some poor design elements IMO, but the core gameplay is fun enough that I'll be here for years and years. I offer this as constructive feedback and I hope a blue sees it. My 2¢VKhaun2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 1.0.3 elite buff and waller? Seems in 1.0.3 a bunch of changes were made to elites to make them harder, and i don't see them documented. namely - faster health regeneration increased damage on abilities granted by affixes abilities granted by affixes have a much lower cooldown or higher rate of use/proc rate Personally I don't like any of the changes, but that's not the issue. Especially on the third one,it feels like someone decided to make the change to all affixes without actually thinking things through on how it would affect the different affixes differently. One that specifically annoys me is how arcane enchanted before the patch was kind of fun because you could stay in one place and dodge around the lasers without going far, and now you basically are forced to kite because there's so many more orbs. But that's not the point of this... However, waller specifically is the worst one and just doesn't seem like someone actually intended this to happen. It went from hindering kiting and moving around, maybe trapping you in some other affix abilities, to being like jailer plus. There's so many walls coming so fast that you can easily be completely trapped and totally immobile for several seconds at a time. It lasts longer than jailer too. Throw in jailer, frozen, or nightmare (also buffed to happen more often) and you'll have >10% time to actually have control of your character, arcane enchanted/molten/desecrator/plagued/fire chains to do heavy damage while you're stuck, and vortex to pull you back on the rare occasion you DO get away from the walls, and you just have a total joke near unkillable eliite. It's a bad combination in general, but the increased rate of walls makes this so much worse than it should be.Solacia0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Map -- your friend and guide Okay I there, This is meant to be a starter thread on the mini map Remember in D2 where we all got used to the superimposed map over our character -- lol, thsoe were the days, you could change your retina focus and see exactly where you were. This was gotten rid of because -- well it sucked. Big ones,... really BIG ONES... until you got used to it. D3 -- the mini map Is it me or do people seem to not use it on purpose in public games !!! ??? So you enter in this old castle with a mini map... it has this cool feature of blinking when you get within a few radii of your destination. SPOILER ALERT:: ## -- that might be the next preferable destination. ### just saying. It glows goldenly in the corner of the screen. I love you guys, those of you that purposefully turn the wrong way, everytime. And i know some people play for full clear -- if so, state it when you enter the game.. give me your play style so I know what to expect. As a sign of respect go into inferno games stating -- i will only run back to aareas we have already cleared. -- you know what to expect from me... Running into unexplored areas in inferno is an easy way to wipe your group. And when I say D3 -- i mean inferno. Just to be clear. Full clear is the way to go in inferno - i get it -- it keeps you alive -- why are you still forced to explain it to people in A2 -- after a while don't you get tired of deing -- how do you spell dieing ?? dying -- got it -- thats what you were trying to do ... mission accomplished. After a while you being forced to stay dead teaches you -- to think about what you are doing. Why it's not working... and you get to watch other people avoid pools of death -- notice that the green pools follow you, so take small steps when fighting with 4 people, or walk together. i do not have a sixth sense about where the end of the level is... though a1 castles seem to be in 2 basic patterns ... you start to notice things -- thats right the map stop feeling ashamed about using a mule. things the map tells you -- where your party members have been and where you have been. If you haven't been there -- it's greyish, but explored and exposed on the map. That blinking gold dot is your destination -- head in that general direction if NV is 5 and killing uniques has gotten harder. Its time to leave. Once you have accepted a unique is killable, do so, and get better. If the group seems frustrated suggest an earlier area -- you are probably geared great for a slightly lower area in the act. If you haven't found cane yet, and feel like this, I question how you killed D? A3 Hell is your friend and its fun to boot. A4 hell is for that matter as well. I like a1 inferno... its not that bad on normal or with two people. Its sucks with four people however., small private groups are the way to go. A2 is hard, but you knew that. Take your time, find good people, get better gear, cause this is partly your fault. Get better gear to get through A2.... whether you are on NM, or Hell or in inferno -- A2 is a gear check. And the map tells you how to get through the sewers. its a pretty big circle... easy to infer which way is the door that if you were within 2 radii it would be BEEPING AT YOU. wooo saa wooo saaa --- the sewers are pretty straight forward. A3 - by this time you should start to understand there are only a few ways to get stronger. Ias maxed out long ago - along with primary attribute... and then it hits you you need crit gear... its the only thing left to give you more hitting power. If I crit often enough on almost every class -- some cooldowns will keep resetting lower and lower. HINT Use a mule -- its what they are there for. ever use the map and explose the whole area -- you should even if on Hell difficulty. You will see the basic layout of the level -- and you will realize that on most levels -- the shape doesn't change. use your map Ever notice how in A2 the two hidden hide outs are on opposite sides of the map? how the road to the city is always to the SE -- or the road to the first city is NW -- the birdges are always in the same spots --- use a map.Raylion0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 timed out did anyne else get timed out error and now cant log back into gameSINISTER219 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Guys I'm back online Can someone send me a game invite? Act 4 Infernocheeseweasel1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 SERVER DOWN AGAIN how many problems is there to fix....Tebo1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Timed out. When will this be fixed? There is obviously some issue with the servers atm. Any word (from blizz) as to when this will be fixed? No point in playing atm.Athyn12 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 To the ragers... Honestly, calm down... It's just a server issue. Last time I checked, issues do have solutions. So just take a chill pill, maybe go outside, get some fresh air...? I think most of you need that anyways. Screaming, yelling, and quitting really does nothing for anyone. So in other words, shut up and just wait for them to get the game back up and running. It's not broken, it's just experiencing a minor glitch, as ALL games do. Thanks beechesss.TheOaktree2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Free 1 MILLION for fun !!!!!! to whoever guesses the number of bumps at the end of the daymini0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Auction House Commodities? Do we know when we will be able to sell these again? It has been down for awhile now. Just curious if there were any updates or anything.Pandora1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Blizz Game Design Mistakes: No game can be expected to be "perfect" from day one, but there are some serious Design flaws in D3. So here goes: 1) Leveling is Way too Fast: Leveling is so fast in fact that just by doing all of the zones you get ahead of the level you're intended to be for the zone you're in. This is quite simply not the way it should work in a game built around grinding. Players should have to run Act 1 on normal 2-3 times to be high enough level to proceed to act 2. Don't feel like "grinding" the same content to get strong enough to proceed? Then, this game isn't for you. ... 2) Drop Rates and the AH: I've heard a lot of people say that you "need" to use the AH to beat this game. I would argue that the reason this is true relates back to problem #1. If you were forced to grind zones more in order to be high enough level to proceed, you would have more opportunities to get your own loot. With that said, I do believe there still needs to be a considerable boost to drop rates for lower level players. ... 3) Level Cap reached too Soon: Another problem that largely stems from issue #1. I totally agree with Blizzard that whether the max level is 60 or 100 doesn't matter, but this presumes it takes the same amount of time to reach either one. The original argument was that Blizz wanted a level cap to ensure mobs would always outlevel you. This only matters if part of the damage or stat calculations is based on the level difference between you and the mob (much like the way WoW works with chance to hit). Fortunately, (as far as I know) this metric is not includes in any of the calcs (except in PvP, and health per vitality). ... Questing and Exp: It's sad that players can reach max level without ever stepping foot outside of town. The biggest problem here is that the exp gain from questing dwarfs that of killing mobs. ... Gearing and Stat Importance: Blizzard originally wanted the "off stats" (e.g. Intel for a barb) to be "acceptable" slot holders. Currently they aren't. This is largely because of the conversion ratios are off by a mile. ... Dependence on Kiting: Kiting is quite simply too effective. Reducing the effectiveness of kiting will help bring range in line with melee. ... Gear > Skill for Melee: The current design for melee is broken. Unlike range that are required to kite (albeit much too easilly at the moment) skill really takes a back-seat to gear. This shouldn't be the case in any situation. With armor & Resistances negating as much as 95% of damage (30% base, 70% from Armor, 70% from Resistances), that means skill should be able to "essentially" make you immune to damage. Clearly this is too high of a threshold. ... Over Powered Elites: It's incredibly annoying that there are combinations that can not be avoided (e.g. Vortexed into Frozen; Jailed on Desecration). While certain abilities are just completely broken (Invulnerable Minions & Fire Chains comes to mind). ... Things you'll notice in my suggestions: Nothing here will implicitly make the game easier. It is simply designed to manage expectations (increase grinding for levels and gear prior to reaching max level), and re-distribute the difficulty of the game (from gear to skill, and from unavoidable to avoidable). These things are proposed in an effort to make the game more fun, not easier. ...Pugastrius11 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 New to game, simple question I have yet to play with another person, I have only played by myself the whole time. i am 59 right now and should be doing some inferno tonight. my question is , that when you have others playing with you, do the npcs just have higher hp and stuff? what is the differences.TurdFerguson0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Blue's Update Redirect http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6008461002Schu2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 mailing my authenticator, few q's i know this is a loud and potentially stupid way to get my accoun sniffed at, but simply put, i ordered it on 6/20 the day i saw they had the d3 ones in stock. im only asking beause i have to move from my current location, and the person in charge of forwarding my items is like 80 yrs old and doesnt do it. i dont know if i can either get ahold of who sends these (ups, fed ex, etc.) and inform them of the change, or to expect blizz to make the 15 day mark ( i leave this week, for another state). i know its only 6 bucks or whatever and can buy another if i have to, but id rather just recieve the one i piaid for already. any thoughts or advice? and obviously is anyone still waiting of an auth longer than i am (12 days today)?AToN2 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 So, my banks server just went offline... They say, so sorries, we lost all your monies when servers goes downs, try again tomorrowsSzyphoid0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 It's alright all, it's scheduled maintenance! Nothing out of the ordinary here.louisfriend0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Level 60 and Beyond I like this game, but I don't like that my progression ended before I even started the hardest difficulty. And without that xp bar showing me how long until the next level, I'm getting bored. A simple solution, for the next 40 levels give one point that players can apply to any of their skill to improve damage/defense 3-5%. But, you can only put a max of one point in each skill. You get stronger, you get to allocate some skills, but if you beat inferno then replay a lot and finally max out your level at 99, all of your skills have been buffed, and you are back to the same skill switching freedom that the new game is based around (I actually like switching skills on occasion without having to start a lvl 1 character again to do it). I played D1 and D2 for a decade, it was always exciting seeing my xp bar get to within 5% of a level at 97. And that was after having already murdered Baal over and over. It was fun to continue leveling and kill Baal faster and faster over time.Sammo0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Will DC kill my hardcore monk? If the whole server shut down, they should let my character survive.peipeibear9 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Went from a WD to a DH and all i can say is, "wow". anyone have a similar experience? the WD will always be my first love, but endgame she just feels.... awkward. no matter how i try to switch up my play style she just doesn't seem effective (and i end up raging over my repair bills). my DH on the other hand just melts $#!&. even w/ a weapon that does 350 LESS dmg than my WD (thx crit/crit chance build) i am progressing through act 1 inferno much easier.karess0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Why do all my posts get blocked? ...Haitie0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Selling on RMAH only to have early end bids Damn they really need to fix their !@#$.fullmonty0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 New to battle.net - Quick question. So i buy a game and now i am told that I need to buy an additional device to make sure that I can play the game? I don't understand? Can someone explain?TheStink6 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Do all quests within same act give same drops Say I'm doing act1 inferno. Does it matter whether I do cathedral (early quest) or halls of agony (last quest)? The guide on patch notes seem to indicate same drop rate throughout the act, but obviously earlier quests are easier. So what's the story?chinese3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Popcorn bidding... why not? Admittedly I find myself setting my phone alarm so I can pick off high end items right at the last minute, before other bidders have time to react. This means that the potential price of the item sold in any of these cases could be higher. With Blizzard taking a real-money rake, wouldn't it be prudent to allow these items to reach their potential value? Popcorn bidding: any bid in the last X minutes of the auction extends the auction by Y minutes. Why not? This might cause people's auction slots to stay full for longer, but hey, if they're making more money for it are they really going to complain?Djemben6 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Say... you know what really grinds my gears?. Please insert hilarious statement about what really grinds your gears here until servers are back up. I must be entertained!Smokie14 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Hardcore death with error 3006 yay!Sonya0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Soooo Anyone excited about Guild Wars 2?? While the servers are down might as well chat it up. My girlfriend and I play D3 for now but I'm looking for something else.. GW2 Looks promising! :)PassiveFist5 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Scheduled maintenance We would like to inform you that there will be performing a ¨scheduled¨ maintenance in 5 minutes ago on July 2nd. Please be sure to log out at that time in order to prevent any loss of data i.e. your hardcore character. ThanksMolosse1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 OFFLINE MODE like HARDCORE Separate everything, offline cannot be online ever.Bostish1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 2 Suggestions for the Game. Reply if Agree. 1) The ability to Ping an area on the map, similar to what we can do on Starcraft 2. 2) A warning that servers will be shutting down. Even if its for "emergency maintenance" give us at least a 5 minute warning. I really feel as though the hardcore players will really appreciate this.SwingPoynt0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Why lock my thread? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6009570917?page=1#5 My thread was locked because of my thoughts about this game. No profanity, no violations against the code of conduct. I believe that Blizzard knows they messed up and they are trying to push everything under the rug. This is such a joke. So, I hate being the person of negativity, but why is this game's connection such trash. I have played numerous consoles, games, etc., and this is hands down the worst game as far as technological functionality goes. How hard is it to keep the servers up? A blip here and there, but every single day? This game relies on hours of farming to get anywhere. How are we supposed to keep 5 neph stacks if we keep getting dc'd? My common farming route is the Heart of Sin questline in Act 3. I kill all elites in the depths, caves in the bridge, rakkis crossing, etc. It takes 1 hour roughly. I jump for joy if I complete a couple runs without having a dc. This last run, me and my farming buddy got dc'd twice independently. Please figure this out, or you are going to keep losing people because this is uncalled for. You are a company, needing to provide a service. What would happen if Charter, Verizon, or any other internet provider kept throwing their consumers off of the servers? They would compensate their customers. All that we are asking for is playable game. This is rediculous.Doc0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 This game is dying???? Look at the forum level of activity of this game on a monday at non peak hours after a server crash just um yeah, how are we saying the playerbase is non-existent again threads filled up within 5 mins about this all over. If people werent playing how would we have known the second this happened???Osirisis1 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Who here enjoys the forums more then the game 1 for liking the forum more then the game 2 for liking the game more then the forum I'll start. 1Vanquish0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Solution to botting! Error 30008 is the solution to botting, it completely cuts off all bots. Problem = Solved.RiotVI0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Blizzard u guys need to watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ u guys really need to watch this video, what the guy saying is actually what we looking for! Kripp is right, we get bored in game now after we beat inferno diablo which most of our hardcore players already did, and we dont want to play PvP without any reward or goals; also we dont want to farm gear for nothing! get his tips and improve the game plzWeWaGhost0 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 MAGIC find = blue find !!! 230% mf no greens no legendary act 3 inferno !!!! do i need to be diablos speical buddy to get some loot around here !!! anybody else have high mf but no drops that would make it worth your while for playing for hours ? o i hate this on TRADE:WOW i just got this green item :really how much mf do u have ? : um let me check : %40 : 0.o figuresAsura3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Diablo 3 down? Says it in title I cannot log in keeps giving me error messageDraztic3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 Neph Valor the april fools joke that got away Just my thoughts, Neph Valor is a great Idea on paper and even I was excited for it, but it has drastic unforeseen repercussions. Why oh Why must I play this game in long spans of time to make it worth while? Action RPGS should let me play for 5-10 or even 15 minute bursts and still be able to prosper. I feel its bad that if I have 20 mins to burn I should'nt bother logging in. Pretty Fun Game, but this 1 thing has completely altered the style of game, from a rapid frenzy of farming to a slow and drawn out style of farming.Rattleshirt3 Jul 2, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 At least we won't be down for 16 hrs tomorrow Right? I mean...you know...downtime sucks. Try to minimize it. We can wait until next week for the stealth changes the maintenance would have brought.JimRocky0 Jul 2, 2012