General Discussion

Jun 26, 2012 Hit detection design So, this has been bothering me for a while. A while back, I made a post on the bugs forum about the garbage hit detection which I'm sure you've all experienced (mobs clearly NOT hitting you and still dealing damage.) I was told that the damage being applied at the beginning/middle of the animation instead of the end of the animation was an intended feature in order to make the game more fun by having people use their abilities and manage their space properly to kite at 20+ yards as opposed to running around dodging attacks in melee range. That's all fine, I would have no problem with this if it were a well thought out design that didn't contradict with half the mob abilities in the game. What I'm finding hard to believe in the design is that somewhere along the line, it was decided that instead of standing in melee range dodging abilities, the player should focus on kiting over/at a longer distance. Ignoring the fact that this isn't actually fun and that I would find it much more enjoyable having the ability to dodge stuff and not have damage forced on me, kiting isn't actually possible in a number of cases, given some mob types and modifiers. The design of some of the mob modifiers completely contradicts this "you should be able to use your skills and knowledge to kite at a longer distance," for a few reasons: 1. Any mob with the fast modifier is almost guaranteed to run faster than you or at least as fast as you even given max movement from boots, passives, etc. Given a mob that already runs fast normally with the fast modifier? Screw you Demon Hunters, Wizards and WDs, none of your cooldowns do enough to stop them from zerging you. Unless somebody screwed up along the way, the design philosophy here is something along the lines of "you should be able to use your skills and knowledge to kite at a longer distance, but if you meet a fast pack, good luck with that." 2. Mortar mobs intelligently fire mortar and lead the shots similar to how you would lead a shot from across the map with a sniper rifle in any FPS, taking into account the player's movement. This is fine in most cases, its not that hard to dodge, but in some cases with 4-5 mobs dropping mortars, each with different ideas of where you're going to move, and in an enclosed space such as a stairwell or a small room, it makes kiting dumb and impossible. 3. Vortex mobs are another problem I have with this design. There is no skill or knowledge involved in avoiding this modifier so you can continue kiting effectively. Its a 100% luck based modifier and whether you live or die (or in very well geared character's cases, take damage or not,) depends on whether the mob standing next to 3 desecration spawns is going to pull you in before the one standing off to the side alone. Sure, you can out-range it... As a Demon Hunter... As far as I can tell (I haven't tested, so correct me if I'm wrong,) Wizards and Witch Doctors need to be significantly closer, which puts them in range of a purely luck-based factor as a squishy DPS hero (how's that repair bill?) I could probably come up with a number of other ways this "intended design" conflicts with other "intended designs" in the game, but I think I'll cut it off here and ask for (intelligent) discussion surrounding this issue. Also I'd like to ask if a community rep could make a post going through some of my concerns with this design and the conflicts I mention, maybe even forward the concerns on to development for a further look if other players agree with me. Thanks. tl;dr: The hit detection makes no sense, in my opinion. Discuss.xTiming0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Best to farm act 4 Inferno or a lower act? I've been farming act 4 inferno for a while now, I have been unwilling to change gear to magic find items so i simply get 5 stacks of NV, kill all the champ packs and then move on to Diablo. Farming this usually takes me about 2 hours for the full act clear and I really haven't found anything amazing. I average about 4-6 yellows a run and they aren't that impressive at all and not all items are even above ilevel 60. My two questions are: Does magic find increase the amount of items you have drop or does it increase the chance of higher ilevel items drops? What is best to farm act 4 inferno (some deaths depending on lovely random impossible champ packs which can cost me maybe 60k gold in repairs) or a lower act with magic find?Daegon43 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Random disconnect........ Just lost my 5 stack in Inferno. This has happened twice now... Anyone else getting randomly disconnected for NO REASON?shr3ddag31 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 WWJWD Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Blizzard, are you aware of your publicity? Just a question, how do you hope to maintain your current player base or attract new people with all negative publicity everywhere you go. Here is an example: and I can only find positive reviews from the Beta phase up until the great server depression just after release. Since then it had been a downhill spiral. What hopes do you have, if any, in attracting new players? I personally enjoy playing, however, the countless hours grinding with lack of any real end game is quickly diminishing the player base. With small patches that fix previous patches and no real content in the patches, it doesn't seem like anything is being done for retention and further enjoyment.Yandros0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 is 30k HP and 50k DMG enough for inferno act1 having an impossible time with half the elites.. and most public games i join and up failing.. its me isnt itXbxmagdalena49 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Suggestion for blacksmithing/economy The ability to "spend" a 5 stack of NV to bump up the ilvl of a crafted item, for one craft only. For example, I want to craft an Exalted Grand Golden Talon. Normally, this would be ilvl 62 with 6 random properties, however if I have a 5 stack of NV I can "spend" it to bump the ilvl to 63 with 6 random properties just for the current craft. The gold and material prices for crafting it would stay the same It would keep the carrot on a stick concept of farming, but would give players a chance at something that could be an upgrade or junk, depending on the stat rolls. This idea would have a few good benefits. 1) It would make crafting more desirable, while also keeping to Blizzard's vision of farming elite/champs for loot. 2) It could possibly help take money out of the messed up economy. At 120k per craft, for example, plus all of the blues and yellows being salvaged instead of vendored. 3) It might help boost the prices of good ilvl61 items in the AH, and also help bring down the prices of good ilvl 63 to more normal lvls. Any thoughts/comments?InvaderZim2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Kay, Diablo 3 is plummeting… fast. Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Insight on Endless Dungeon Idea(Silver Spire) It seems that the popular topics on the forum of late have mostly been about possible features that Blizzard could possibly implement to extend the longevity of the game. One of the more appealing ideas was the proposition of an "endless dungeon", where players will essentially be able to explore a dungeon with "n" amount of preset levels with difficulties or tiers being available as you progress. But as a result, the concept of a side dungeon with ideal difficulties and loot drops will inevitably be more appealing to play in for the majority of players who have already finished the regular content. I believe that the developers' intention was to have players play the story to advance as opposed to utilizing side dungeons for progression. The idea would be a conflict of interest and would be very unlikely to be an option. However, the fundamentals of an endless dungeon can still be applied to the game without the discrete addition of said dungeon. In my opinion, it seems that Act IV out of all the other acts is rather short and lacking in content than the others. This may also be the case in the prequels but it seems that it is more apparent in this particular title. There also is not much of an incentive for players to farm Act IV in Inferno Mode as the drop rates are identical to that of Act III, which has more bosses and areas in general. It would make sense for this "endless dungeon" to be set somewhere within this act to compensate. Here is where the fundamentals of this dungeon can be implemented. During the story, one has to climb up the Silver Spire and inevitably, fight Diablo (and Izual of course along the way). But with only 2 levels, I really can't call that a spire/tower or whatever you want to call it as pretty much 95% of dungeons in the game have the same number of levels. Would it not make sense to make the Silver Spire itself the "endless dungeon"? Think about it, normally you would just clear the second level and you would proceed straight to Diablo. Instead, players would have the option to proceed to level 3 and continue up the spire, with the end goal still being fighting Diablo. Players who want to skip straight to Diablo can do so with a particular exit or waypoint, and those who want to continue venture up the Silver Spire can do so by finding the alternate exit to the floor. This would add much more content and incentive to play Act 4, which coincides with the goals of the developers. To further elaborate, the first few levels of the spire proceeding level 2 can utilize a similar tileset to that of level 1 and 2. When the player reaches say level 10, this is where you can get creative and implement different bosses and tilesets, perhaps allow the player to fight spectres of their past boss opponents (shadow Belial/Azmo in another environment), I'm sure people can think of much better ideas. Again, tilesets can be reused and combined so time is conserved and nothing is wasted. Loot will inevitably get better as you advance, as well as the drop rates, which would be the number one incentive for players. At the end of it all, when the player decides that the current level is too hard, you can still proceed with the story and attempt to fight Diablo if you wanted to. The difficulty of Diablo can also be adjusted depending on how many levels you cleared beforehand, which will further add more endgame. Thank you for reading.KimJongFun3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 If this game were not called 'Diablo'... ...would you still be playing it? I'm curious how much time the name has bought for this game to fix itself. I'm quite certain if this were a random F2P I would have quit and never looked back, but given this is (technically) 'Diablo' it's a lot tougher to walk away. I can't help but think it'll get fixed 'in the next patch'. Not looking to get into an apologist vs. hater debate but I'm curious... do you stick around because of the name or the game? For me it is the name.Retemir38 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Looting. Blizzard.. when ever I loot some gold on D3 and there's a worthless white armor piece next to it it always ends up in my bag and i cant stand manually sitting there and dumping them all from my inventory. Could you please try to fix this? thanks.NickDaBear0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 DPS vs Damage TLDR DPS is not equal to damage, two VERY different terms. Unless there's an accurate way to determine DPS that I'm missing out on? It seems more people than not are using the term DPS incorrectly, and it's very confusing to those who actually understand what the acronym stands for. When people say I'm in act IV and I have 50k dps. How are you discovering this? In WoW we used an addon to determine that. In diablo all we have is the "damage" stat in our char sheet. To say that your damage is equal to your DPS is just mind boggling. The reason I bring this up, is because there's a tiny part of me that thinks I may have missed out on if you can "ACTUALLY" determine your true DPS that I'm not aware of. Otherwise, seriously all the other terms: chars =/ toons, dinging, those all can be applied in some logical manner but this one is just too far gone.Pumma0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 When I play Diablo 3 It feels like I'm walking down a long hallway with tons of doors. A few weeks ago I saw this door that was labeled attack speed.. I tried to open but once my foot was in a Blizzard came through and slammed it shut in my face, so I continued down the dark hallway. Another door said increased repair costs... I tried to avoid by walking past but then ANOTHER Blizzard came through and pushed me straight through the door into a different hallway with many more doors. I turned around but my swift entrance area became locked before I could get out. I got to the dead end of the hallway, only one door lies in front of me.. it was clearly labeled in big blue letters as "B I T C H". It slowly opened and another brutal blizzard hurled me into the never ending darkness.. We as players are being funneled to play a certain way.Aryith1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Some affixes that are just not fun My reason behind certain affixes that ruin fun for me, and why. 1. Jailer Instant CC root. My biggest issue with this is its unavoidable. There is no way to avoid it as there is no indication of it happening. Freezing is an example of a CC with an indication that you can avoid. Even waller can be mitigated by being smarter about where you engage and kiting to a more open area. 2. Reflect Dmg Although I think that without this affix, glass cannon builds would be even more faceroll, the spirit of this affix rubs me the wrong way. Diablo should be about trying to maximize your damage output. Honestly, why should anyone care if a DH can obliterate mobs, it isn't like the mobs are going to QQ on the forums. If one class is doing more damage then the rest, then buff the other classes!! What was I saying? Oh yeah, reflect damage. Being punished for doing lots of damage is not fun. 3. Invulnerable Minion There was a meeting in which a group of game designers were sitting at a table discussing creating affixes. One of them proposed invulnerable minions. At this point someone should have walked over to that person and slapped them in the face. That should have been the end of it right there.Vanderhaust21 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 max auctions I'm sure someone has pointed this out before maybe..? can we please sell more than 10 items at once? :( please.Alandric2 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Auction House? When will the AH be available??spil3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Installed wrong version Hi, I'm a newbie and just installed Diablo, spent the last 48 hours on it so got to level 8 so don't really want to reinstall. I have found out though that I'm on the US version instead of Europes version (only found out after the patch thing today and couldn't log onto Europe) Does it matter which version I have? I don't really want to reinstall it if necessary. STheLabOwner11 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Health dropping for no reason? I joined this public game today and they were on this rare and if he came anywhere near us our health would just disappear. He wouldn't hit us or anything. Anyone know what is going on with that? He was Vampiric+Mortor+Fast+Extra healthDeathzstarz8 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Solo'ing Diablo - inferno Does he only teleport to you if you are hugging an edge? Its his stupid teleport and slap that seems to get me a lot. Going to try this tonight, but my theory is that he will not teleport so long as i'm in open space. does anyone know?MightBDooDoo0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Item stat rolls lower? (can anyone confirm?) I have this sneaking suspicion that they reduced the chances of good stat rolls on rares in patch 1.3 My main reason for this is the quality of goods in the AH has dropped considerably. I have not been able to find an upgrade for my char since the patch came out. From farming OR from the AH/ RMAH. Pre-patch items that were decent/good (which I actually found) sold for a lot more than I expected them too. They are all gone now however and I have not sold anything in four days that I didn't purchase off the auction house. Since the patch I feel like I have not found any good items. I still get a decent amount of Ilvl 62-63 gear it just never ID's into anything useful. ALL of my friends are having the same issue. None of us have found a single piece in the past week that would be an upgrade for any of our toons. Granted most of us have not even bothered to farm much since friday or so. Lets take a look at what Cheng said before the patch.... ... I never saw an increase in power. Did anyone? If anything I noticed that Good items disappeared from the AH and decent item prices skyrocketed. Did anyone feel the rapid increase in power that Cheng describes? So the real question is... if there are more iLVL 63 drops happening out there total. Why have the quality of items seemed to decrease so much when they should have increased due to higher chances of them dropping overall? -One answer to this could be that everyone stopped farming and just plays the auction house. (I do believe that this has happened to a large extent) -The most logical reason however is that the chances of rolling high stats in good combos was lowered considerably. While this is almost impossible to prove... the feeling I have that it was done is overwhelming to the point of not even wanting to farm anymore. I guess I just want confirmation from other players if they feel the same way. Or better yet if they have proof.Banam0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 A1 Inferno is EZ - It's A2 to A4 that suck Can plow through inferno EZ with 80dps demon hunter with 35k life and 415 resist all. Every monster is not a problem even until the end. With that being said, A2 is at least twice as hard. Looks like 1k bow with over 140 increased crit isn't good enough. Not going to give in to RMAH. Guess I'm screwedJunkie20 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Can you guys produce more worthless patches? Were really happy and all that you fixed WD zombie bears but everything else, no one gives a damn about at all. Cool you saved us maybe 5-10k per day with this wear and tear nonsense bull!@#$. Why not fix the more serious problems that are causing unfairness and instability? For example the trick with the manticore and sledge of akashawhatever should have been ninja fixed as soon as you got word of it. Same with Natalays set which you guys unintentionally broke but left unfixed. Can you bring out the legendarys patch already? I have skipped out on so many would be good deals for legendaries because I know they will be worthless after you guys buff them(ID'd legendaries will not get buffed or so I've heard) When this game first came out it felt as if you guys were patching almost every other day, and it was awesome to be a part of this great evolving game. But recently you have slipped so far blizzard and your loyal fans have now become your regretful haters. And instead of nerfing chest and pots(resplendent chest havent dropped a single rare for me in over a week and I have 350 MF) why not develop a warden anti cheat system that catches botters and hackers. Your methodolgy is so wrong, you catch thousands of botters out of hundreds of thousands and then punish all players because you developed a system that is exploitable. Botters should fear the use of their tools because of instant recognition systems that search, find and perm ban these %^--holes. Honesly wtf are you guys doing with our money because you sure as hell are not putting it back into the game.Sami3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Elite packs full healing after 1 death Is this intenteded? i have died to 4 diferent packs and this happend every single time, it's pretty damn annoying. inferno btwLyner1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Foreign player on US servers Hello, I know this has been posted many times already but a sudden moment of rage with the new patch deployment today made post this anyway =) Been gaming with the same US guys for almost 12 years now, from Tribes to BF3 and Diablo 3 now. I was so happy when it was said that we could choose which server to play on, knowing I could still play with my pals. I pre-ordered the game right away after reading this ! I wasn't aware that I would have to stand huge downtimes, waiting for patches to be rolled out first on the US servers than on the UE ones, resulting in day long downtimes. And quite often on top of that. But most importantly, I wasn't aware I'd never be able to use the RMAH. All my characters are on the US servers but only RMAH I have access to is the UE one, where I have nothing to sell since I never play on it. I can't believe you can't find a solution about this matter. Don't know if it's a legal issue or something but come on, this is 2012 and internet payments seem to work pretty well all across the world. Not a big deal, but a true disapointment. I have the choice to play alone or not to use the RMAH. My choice is made but I won't get caught another time =) ThanksRahan950 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Zarhym I didn't really want to kill you in the Fields of Misery, but you wouldn't stop trying to eat my face...Ismismism1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Patch Notes Question "Unique monsters to not drop the appropriate amount of loot" What does this mean? Did they make act 3 actually drop stuff now? I farmed it endlessly with my friends with all of us at 300% MF and it just doesn't seem worth it. I got worse drops then i got farming act 1 with no MF.Schmister0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Concensus: Diablo 3 is boring and bland. People are saying it's boring everywhere, people are quitting and not looking back. Blizzard time to get it together.Wisdoom3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 KRIPP TIPS!!!! EXTENDED!!!! READ THIS BLIZZ Kripparrian brings up a lot of great points in his video; check it out: But I’d like to extend on this. And it’s not that I want to put in my two cents as well – but more so that I NEED Blizzard to recognize these posts to hopefully seriously consider a “ladder system”. A few things Kripp talks about: Endgame Future PvP ‘fluff’ replay-ability So I took Kripparrian’s points, and I have sat down and thought of how Blizzard can best go about their current loss of players. And, I have concluded – that a proper ladder system IS in order. Just like in their other SUCCESSFUL titles, such as Diablo 2, Starcraft, WoW, Starcraft 2, etc., a ladder system has been put in place to keep the dedicated players bound to profile. To do this – Blizzard must incorporate a secondary leveling system as Kripparrian has suggested. BOTH in PvP and PvE. For PvP: Ladder system will be new to the game. First players will gain rank via experience. The increased rank will allow players to acquire/purchase PvP related items or vanity items, etc. Second, players will be able to join an arena for 1v1, 2v2, 4v4. They will enter a global rank and can progress through the numbers based on a traditional ranking system. In grouped PvP, you will acquire a “rank group” exactly like in Starcraft 2. You will be able to enjoy grouped PvP with both casual and competitive players. Kripparrian makes a point of how stats within Diablo 3, particularly those acquired by equipment, need to be nerfed additionally to maintain a level playing for both PvE and PvP combat. For PvE, Kripparrian suggests a post-leveling system for endgame content. I agree, as how Diablo 3 currently has no way of going back to Diablo 2’s ladder system. However with this post-leveling system; players who have completed Hell difficulty AND are lvl60 will be able to enjoy endgame content. Kripparrian calls this Champion Levels/Rank. And here is my extension to his ideology. To level your champion rank – players must kill rare packs (champions and elites [NOT UNIQUES]). Rare packs from different acts will give you more experience, so grinding Act 1 for champion experience will not be the best option, but it still possible. Champion Rank will cap at 40. During your progression you will be given some “perks”. Mostly vanity stuff. At Champion Rank 40, ALL RARES, LEGENDARIES, AND SET ITEMS!!! Will gain an additional RANDOM modifier. It will be noted as S1 [modifier]. S1 stands for Season 1, and the modifier is whatever you were given. This modifier will be colored green, or orange, or whatever blizzard wants to color it. THIS WILL SEPARATE CURRENT ENDGAME LOOT WITH THE NEW CHAMPION’s LOOT!!! Now, when the season is finished; the loot WILL RESET!! All S1 stats will be erased. Players will have to level their Champion rank ONCE more (Maybe with different vanity rewards). Once again at rank 40; you will find loot with the modifier named S2. And so on for every season. This will create a ladder type system. It will also create a new market for blizzard’s RMAH. It will produce endgame content in its own way. It will promote PvP. It will become replayable. PLEASE BUMP THIS FOR BLIZZARD TO READ!!! warCatwarCat0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Cost of Repair, Solution? Correct me if I'm wrong but... damaged gear = less effective less effective = less damage less effective = less armor less effective = less resistance less damage + less armor + less resistance = difficult fights difficult fights = damaged gear damaged gear = expensive repair So why not just repair more often? I never wait until yellow to repair, and in doing that it's never a 30K repair bill. 30K lulz, but still for those worried about the price of repair.SICARIOS3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Wondering what to do on Maint Day? Got the Tuesday blues and don't know what to do? Most people will tell you lawlQQgooutsidenubs, many others will say update your mods. Maybe your mods are already up to date. Maybe you don't like the sun because it makes your eyes hurt. Maybe you play Diablo and not WoW and are saying "what are mods". Your bills are paid up, errands are done, so now what? How about you defrag your hard drive! This simple, yet often times time consuming, process can really improve your computer's performance. You have time to kill right now, while you wait for the servers to come back up, so hit up those system tools and defrag that hard drive! Your computer will thank you for it. This public service announcement has been brought to you by Glakhmed,Glakhmed1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Unavailable AH yet items still ticking? WTF blizzard, the item that I am selling and purchased for real money is now losing 4 hours of potential profit because you have to do maintenance. At least give me a warning or something!Epic0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Good Farming spots or guide? Is there any better farming spots or areas that people have discovered or any ways to make quick money. I'm level 51 in act 1 of hell. I've heard Inferno is best for farming. So can someone help me out and give me some good location?NuclearFenix1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Why are so many changes hated by those of us that Blizzard think they're helping? It seems that Blizz is quick to point out that these changes they make are what 'We' ask for or they think 'We' want but yet it's very rare that I see any threads where people actually say this. Am I missing something or are they referring to stuff we don't see like maybe via email or support tickets, etc.? Either way, all I see is that everyone hates >75% of the changes that Blizz states we are asking for or want. Or maybe they just think we do when we never say we do... who knowsKadin0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 My Brother Want Kwan Dao in Yellow or Brown Guan Dao is used by Guan Gong / Guan Yu But this item is under White ! White is White toilet paper - rubbish Guan Dao represent Guan Yu, his signature. More info on this Guan Yu : Blizzard pls study Chinese History ! Wake up your idea man!!DashFire3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 RMAH Simplified Guide to $$$ Hello everyone, Diablo 3 is down and it's time to make my e-peen large, so I'm going to share with you my tactics and insights on pricing items and reading/tracking the RMAH market. Hopefully I get a lot of replies and each one causing me to become more erect. Allow me to begin. First off, barbs = str, monks = dex, dh = dex, wiz - int skills that compliment str+vit+(dex) int+vit+(dex) Any item that you may have that (depending on slot) has 100+ to any of these skills TOGETHER may be worth something if... +res all 40 +IAS (ya, they nerfed it but the faster I pew pew, the less I QQ.) +crit chance/damage There it is! A man of few words, needs little explanation. This is step 1 of many to identify if your item is worth a damn, but once you FIGURE THIS FIRST PART out, you can try to figure out focuses and shields! Hey maybe even figure out what the hell mana regen is good for! Arcane regeneration on crit?! The world is full of new things to learn friends, just use the simple guide posted above to throw you in that lake and get to swimming! -- We're looking for talent! Apply within! SHAMELESS PLUG!NimDAE0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 1.03a did not fix wear and tear repair My bill is exactly the same as it was last week....Just did a quick check as servers came up. Started act 1 Imprisoned Angel, met a blue mob at front door (as a DH I need at least a little room to evade), fired off about 7 hungering arrows after dropping caltrops. Had to scoot as I would be dead otherwise......Went to repair.....No contact / no death ~200 goldWanderbird1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 servers are up!!!! i saw they said they extended to 9:00 but i just tried and im in game, try yourselfSource17 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Our people may have no homeland, but I will survive. As long as you buy something. Huh, just noticed that this is what Vidar says to fellow Barbarians. I had been used to hearing something like this on my Wizard: "My people are gone, scattered to the winds, but I will survive..." Just an observation!TimGbow0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Development hell - Secret level - Spoilers Probably old news, but I Just stumbled upon a level called Development hell. Zombies were all named after the games creators with one special boss. Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Am I set for inferno? Or should I farm Hell? I have 18k HP, 20k DPS, 400 Res All, and 3k Armor on my WD... I use the Horrify Skill on every CD for the 100% armour bonus... am I set or should I farm hell with NV buff to find some more gear? Maybe switch my mojo for a shield (and give up a bit of dps)?mrherg4 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Adding game variance I like the idea of their being side quest/events to do alongside regular game play. But already after doing a few of them a handful of times each they have become somewhat dull and are too static and not randomized enough. Quick example is the trapped chest style event in the act 1 cathedral, it didn't take very long to recognize the upcoming map and know exactly the event and how it would likely unfold before even getting to it. I would like more variance in the event, such as the spawning mechanisms are all shielded but one and when you kill one monsters become buffed in some way to make the rest of it harder and a cooldown that you would have to wait for before breaking the next spawner and more monster buffs etc. Of course there can be way more done than this was just something to get some conversation started in this direction. Right now the level 60 game play consists largely of regular monster slaying which ya we do love, and sometimes crazy champion packs which does add some flavor to playing. This has also lead me back to a couple old favorites from D2 which did have some room for improvement but were really fun, UBER D/UBER TRIST. I'm not saying we clone either of these but it has potential to make game play way more interesting. I loved seeing the stone of jordan counter in games and watching the changing rate of posting, waiting, just waiting to see if it could be my game, it was a couple times and the search for him was always fun. I didn't really like the actual selling of SoJ that was silly but the "counter" might not be too hard to simulate in a different fashion not through selling but actual randomization. This sort of thing would encourage map exploration to the fullest degree possible, we all know the dedication involved in locating the uber D once your game has him. Hold on tho, right now the quest and waypoint system would not allow for this to work nearly as well as it could but I've heard it is something that may be changed. TL:DR I wanted to get some feedback on whether or not other players would like a little more variance (or variants even) to the game such as more events more randomized events, UBER D type of thing, and possibly an objective farming based thing similar to UBER TRIST. please add some ideas to this =)Apochx0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 583 in public games I know it's patch day and it's early, but still. This is the lowest I've seen it so far. And in the spirit of our new game Forumcraft I challenge anyone of you to beat my score of 583.Winterfell0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Destroying the fun Everyone loved D2. Sure it had some flaws. Some bugs. In D3 Ive found the game play to be unfun. I relize that the higher lvl you get the harder. But no one like dieng ever 5 seconds from enemys that drop less then ok things. Us die hard D2 fans expected a little more from Bnet that we didnt get. Maybe nerf the enemys down a little. I figure you want to make more money of D3 cause you seen how lucritive d2 was but dont kill game play.MachineGunJo1 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 PvP items Do you guys know if they will be putting PvP items into D3? Or is it going to be like the good ol' days and everyone was geared off what they found in a few months of grinding, not what they farmed in two days?Patrolled16 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 RMAH Profits I was just wondering for those of us in the United States, do we have to report the profits we make from the RMAH to the IRS? Would the government come and audit us for not reporting this income? Does Blizzard send this information to them? I really want to know these things.Alstead10 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Improving item design So far I've found several legendary items on my own and I have to say I am a bit surprised how un-legendary their attributes look. There are basically nothing special about them. People already said that D3 items are boring and that only a few numbers matter on any piece of gear, and unfortunately I tend to agree. I know the game mechanics are different from D2, but still there is much room to improve. It is actually possible to directly modify some D2 mods to fit into D3. I'll try to make a point by making D3 version of some D2 uniques here. Frostburns legendary gloves +20% defense +10-30 cold damage +??? fire resistance +??? cold resistance +??? intelligence +40% arcane power (wizard only) +40% mana (witch doctor only) Brainhew legendary axe +300% damage +??? strength increase intellegence by 100% for 5 seconds after each kill + random property skull collector legendary staff +??? min damage +??? max damage +20% max life +20% max spirit (monk only) generate spirit by 20 after each kill +100% magic finding Iceblink legendary armor +100% defense +10-30 cold damage +300 cold rsistance 5% chance to freeze on hit cannot be frozen You can certainly go further by designing mods that is unique to D3 mechanics. I've got a few ideas like: space master legendary boots +25% walk/run speed +100% defense +??? intelligence +??? dex immune to vortex increase the range of teleport by 100% (wizard only) time master legendary helm +150% defense +??? intelligence +50% damage against slowed targets reduce slow effect duration by 75% reduce damage received by 50% when slowed 5% chance to cast slow time when struck increase slow time duration by 2 seconds Licence to kill legendary armor +??? str +??? dex +??? defense increase resource regeneration by 100% for 3 seconds after each skill immune to jail Hands of Elites gloves +??? str +??? vit +??? defense 5% chance to cast arcane trap when striking (same as monster ability) 5% chance to cast mortar when striking (same as monster ability) 5% chance to cast plague when striking (same as monster ability) D2 was always driven by getting cool and interesting items. I just wish D3 wouldn't lose that tradition.Relaxing0 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Drop rates won't change ... So, we will have to wait another week to play? Man, I saw people quitting in a live stream due to 1.0.3 changes. Isn't it considered a dangerous bug? Won't you fix it in an emergency maintenance?BrunoLM4 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 D3 Patch notes? Is there a place where we can easily view any changes done to the game? Something similar to SC2 where even the slightest decimal change to anything was posted.Tubby3 Jun 26, 2012
Jun 26, 2012 Kripp Tips Jun 26, 2012