General Discussion

Jun 25, 2012 hey guy's need some help! I've mostly only played ps3 for the past few years till it broke, so now i'm gaming on my laptop which of course none of my buddies own one, let alone buy D3. So what I'm really asking is, is there anyone out there looking for someone to play with? I'm a lvL 47 barb. and just got bored doing it by myself. I would love to join someones group and make this game our !@#$%! LoL... so if your intersted send me a friend request or email me at triggereffect2000@yahoo.com +=+=+=WiLZiLLA=+=+=+ "Detroit Michigan"WiLZiLLA0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Diablo 3 has no replay value This is the primary concern, correct? I know it is not the entirety, but say for example we are looking past the various glaring flaws and simply accept Diablo 3 as is, well... what is the point even after we force ourselves to do that? Blizzard has effectively taken a Diablo game and made the progression of Inferno the point of the game. Diablo 2 had years and years of replay value for many of us because the gear WAS the game, not a means to get to the end of the game. Mobs and Maps should be a means to an end, the end being the gear, but instead we are stuck with a "Diablo" game where the end is beating the difficulty, and then what? There is no ladder system, no real social wide value to bnet 2.0, etc, so even if you want to show off your shiny loot you can't and with the RMAH even if you do nobody is going to care. I know some will say PvP, I can't speak for others of course but I never played Diablo games for PvP. That was something I would do while sitting in town and trading. It was an after thought (a fun after thought). I am already shuddering at the thought of Arena PvP being the only real purpose of the game throughout 2012 and into 2013. Diablo 3 sort of makes me just want to say, "why half !@# it? might as well play WoW", and I say this as someone who quit WoW shortly after Battlegrounds was implemented in 2005.Prosercunus0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Image on forum Quick question, How can I link an image, or create a link for an image so I can put the link on the forum?yaWgnorW2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 You know what the game really needs? Like a J!NX loot explosion, but in the game. Like, when you killed monsters, instead of all that blue crap they take all over you, they would give you treasure that you could use to make your character better. Who knows, maybe they could even have sets of items, sort of like those shirts on the D3 web site, but, like, in-game things that made your character better. No, stay with me here... The game could have loot that people actually sometimes wanted, instead of just spamming you with a whole bunch of generic garbage that only makes you want to die. I bet they'd even sell more of those IRL loot items if the game had items that you could use to have fun and improve your character. Whoa... I think I just discovered the Matrix.Ryan1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Just not having fun anymore =( After the latest patch and the skyrocketed repair cost I find that I went from playing 110 hours the first 2 weeks, to maybe 10 hours since the patch. I was so aggravated last night I decided to write a ticket and here is the response I got. "Thank you for contacting Blizzard Support. When this was brought up with our Quality Assurance department, they determined that if you do not die, the repairs are within a normal amount. Even at higher difficulties, you are not supposed to be dying repeatedly during a normal play session. They recommended to me that you may want to try gearing up at lower difficulty settings or earlier acts until you are ready to continue. The game is actively punishing you for being undergeared or not having better group tactics. Despite however this change was intended, the fact remains that you appear to not be having fun. This is a BIG deal to us. The Developers would really appreciate you reporting this to us on the Forums (battle.net/d3). If they've made a change that makes the game this much less fun, they want to hear about it. I recommend you let them know ASAP. Without enough voices telling them this, hopefully we can see a change soon. In the meantime we appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you for your time :)" So here it is... 1st off as a wizard, not dying is really not an option... ok, so he says I'm under-geared... so I want someone to tell me how I'm supposed to get geared... sure I can farm Hell for months to get one set piece but where is the fun in that? How do you gear up in lower levels??? the Once you start purchaseing gear at the auction, you never pick up a piece of gear that is better than what you have on, so you need to continue to go to the AH to get gear, and this isn't just me, in my home we have 4 players including my 64 year old mom and we all feel the same way. We all just about stopped playing because of the high repair bills we have no money, it's like being broke in real life and I play to escape real life...lol OK so back to it... next he says, that we don't have good group tactics... Have you ever logged in a game and played with whom ever joins you? there is no communication, no one stays together, everyone justs ports back to repair when they want I mean I have no control over that. So I die and rez and I'm all alone and under geared and broke... do you think I'm going to die over and over?? so on that note as well, the last group I had was 3 wizards and a demon hunter... GOOD GROUP TACTICS.. really??? So about the only thing I got out of that response is that the game is punishing me.... You guys basically took all the fun out of making gold, going to the AH purchasing new gear, dying it, looking good and kicking some demon !@#.... thanks. I'm begging you to please do something about this, you have an entire family here just begging to play this game and so disappointed. We went from playing as much as we could and talking about it all day long to not really playing and $%^-*ing about it. I don't think thats what you intended is it? Thanks Devoted but disappointed Diablo fanPitchblack5 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Don't be afraid to play Diablo 3 Remember, some of the people judging you worship a zombie. Think about that for a moment. Play on!Scybert1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Patch 1.3 - 3-Player Ghom Kill A lot of people have been having trouble with Ghom on Inferno. I thought I would post a video showing the fight in a group setting. Group makeup was Barb, Monk, Demon Hunter. You don't really need insane DPS to do this. Overall, our gear isn't spectacular. In fact, I (Barb) was using a 573 DPS mace with like 400 LOH. Basically, you have to treat the fight like Grobbulus in WoW. If you move him around in a circle and stick together, then by the time you loop around the poison will be gone. I also managed to solo him on my Barb. Life on hit really helps as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS4-so3nCtg&feature=youtu.beSeath1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Some ranged elites still annoying after 1.0.3 I noticed 3 or so mobs were fixed to not run as much from melees, but there are still others. Namely the Khazra Spear guys in Northern Highlands who constantly run off of the screen when I get near them.Vhigdo0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Identifying Items? Can anyone tell me where I might find someone to identify items I have? I have looked all over town and don't seem to be able to find anyone. Thank you, for any help you might provide.Misty7 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Having Problems With Achievements I have already found House of Curios and Abandoned Servant House in order to complete my No Stone Unturned Achievement but appearantly it's being bugged, not completed. I even Adenah's Jottings in house of Curios but it's also not checked in the Achievement. Is there somebody facing the same problem as me?Shinrai1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 D3 = Greatest game ever Hope this don't get deleted. but yea, add me on League of Legends =D put in your IGN and i'll add you =DRelentless4 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Hacked? Hello, today I logged on to find my lvl 60 barbarian half-naked and all of the best gear missing. I checked my stash to see if perhaps there was some sort of glitch that sent my items back there, but they were not there either. I did not put them up for sale in the auction house, so the only conclusion i'm coming to is that I was hacked... anyone else have this happen to them. I'm assuming nothing can be done about it, so yeah it was a fun game while it lasted I guess, not going to continue playing if my account has been compromised.Gilgamesh0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Twitch.tv Streaming! Hardcore Barbarian Act 3 Please give my stream a 2 minute look over, you can find it at Twitch.tv/strycht. Following would be greatly appreciated! I stream everyday and weekdays after 4pm!Fleshsicle2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Inferno was DESIGNED to be hard/a gear check. But Blizzard pooped the bed big time when they decided to try and force players into using the RMAH in order to progress in Inferno. Baaaaaad idea.adammtlx21 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 About this game. Beta? Its obvious to most people this is more like a beta than a finished product. With that said, Blizzard don't be afraid to make drastic changes to the game. Kripp has some good ideas about the game and I would like to add some ideas too. Right now act 3 and 4 is nothing more than one act split into two. Act 4 could be the first part of act 3. You fight diablo and he retreats to hell to get some strength, and you chase him down there killing some of his minions like siegebreaker and azmodan on the way. Conclusion: Merge act 3-4 and add the real act 4. Also act3 and 4 as of now feels more like a "WOW dungeon" than a diablo random generated map. Well that's my two cents.Nightmare2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Bots I just found out about it today. Seems unfair that people are working hard to farm while someone else can just let the bot do all the work for them. Course I'm not gonna use it since it's not free and I can get banned. Dunno what blizzard's gonna do with them, but probably leave them alone to troll us? meh.Amaterasu1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 RMAH Quality of Life Suggestions Since the release of the RMAH I have done a significant amount of tinkering with the auction house in attempts to min/max my gear. In doing so, I found myself constantly asking "With the amount of potential profits this feature can provide Blizzard, why on earth have they decided to make it so counter-intuitive?" In an effort to offer some constructive critisim, I began compiling a list of suggestions that I feel would not only drastically improve my experience, but I am sure would significantly increase the revenue. Some may have been suggested before, some may be far fetched, but this is a list, nonetheless. Interface Adjustments (I'll approach the adjustments on a 'Per Tab' basis) Search Tab Search Equipment For: Absolutely amazing addition in my opinion. I would however, like to be able to see the comparision tooltips much the same as in game (+/- Damage, Protection, Health). Preferred Stats: 1. I cant for the life of me understand why we are limited to only three affixes. I understand there is a certain portion of screen real estate that, if overpopulated can appear overwhelming to some players. As a compromise, can you implement an "additional search" that populates a 4th/5th/6th search string, with the added functionality of a scroll bar should we "run out" of room. I see this as a win/win. I can only imagine this also decreasing the amount of searches done on the auction house, further increasing its stability while decreasing the load as a customer won't have to try 3-4 different combinations to find a piece they are looking for. 2. The Search Fields need some love, BADLY. Have you ever tried looking for a Source offhand with geater than 300 damage, attack speed, critical hit chance, vitality and maybe some resistances? No, you haven't because you cant, but more importantly, because you CANNOT search for anything but Bonus Minimum Damage, even if you had the option to search for that many affixes, there isn't even a means by which to search for it, forcing me to go through 5-45+ pages of gear. Oh, and when I find one I like somewhere in the middle of my 11th page, do I just buy it and hope I got the best item, or do I keep looking and come back to it, hoping its still available? 3. Search by "time left". Adding this would be really nice, even if it was some arbitrary numbers <3 hrs / 3-6hrs / 6-12 / 12+. A nice compromise would be to just give us the ability to sort search results by Duration (and min bid) the same way we can with Armor and Buyout by clicking no the columns. Legendary or Set Item: 1. While its fantastic to narrow down the NAME of the set item, why take away our ability to search through them? I mean, while the ability to set the Rarity to Legendary, and piece in (to a max of 3) of the stats for the particular item is a 'plausable' workaround, why cant we just input search parameters? Max Buyout 1. I understand the concept of a max buyout option. However, is it possible we can add, or include in this search (even with a check box option beside it) to include BIDS without a buyout under X price. For example, If I wanted to purchase a pair of Sage Seeker's, and had a max buyout of 10 bucks, instead of showing me JUST the auctions that have a buyout, to also give me an option to bid on auctions without a buyout, below my stipulated amount. (You can see the potential value in that if there was an option to search by duration). Sell Tab Pretty much self explainitory, serves its purpose well enough. Auctions Tab This tab is pretty much good as well. However I would like to take the time to note, that at present time on the RMAH, the amount of money I currently have bid on an item, is not taken into account should I decide to purchase the item. For Example: Pretend I have a Wizard level 58 and I think its going to take a while for me to get the last 2 levels so I scour the RMAH for some gear to place low bids on. Assume I have $18 worth of battlenet balance, and I bid on an Item that is currently priced for a bid of 10 dollars, and a buyout for 15. Unfortunately, I ding before my Auction has expired, and I now am not as patient and want instant gratification but I cannot buy the item because it doesnt take into consideration the current amount bid on the auction for your overall total balance. Again, lets recap: Initial Balance: 18.00 Item Bid: 10.00 Current Balance 8.00 (because 10 is tied up on the bid) Item buyout: 15.00 Error: Insufficent Funds Available (despite ACTUALLY having the fund available, RMAH does its calculation off of your overall balance, and does not factor in the current bid) Completed Tab This tab has a whole bunch of information that is honestly completely useless for 90% ofthe purposes it displays the information. Its great to know what you sold an item for, but can we PLEASE have a mouseover option to be able to SEE the item tooltips. While some items are obvious, can you tell me what stats were on the "Loyalty Flourish" I sold last week? I mean, wth is that? Did I overprice? Did I underprice? How the hell can know if I cant see it for myself. This list isnt exhaustive, and in fact I would like for people to add anything they feel I have missed. I don't believe that the majority of this should be -that- difficult to implement, and I don't think I am being unreasonable with my suggestions. Here's to hoping for a better, more profitable future for the both of us Blizz!Talisman2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 last five years of blizzards... games leads me to believe titan will be dumbed down, lack content, and spend too much time on useless cinematics. will not buy itvargo4230 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Repair Costs So there has been a lot of complaining about the highly increased repair costs. Why not leave repair costs at the same they were before the patch, but change how your items get damaged? Weapons and armor will degrade with the same frequency that they always have. The difference would be in the amount of durability damage that your items sustain upon death. I don't see anything wrong with making your items sustain a say 50% durability loss upon death to prevent death zerging? This could limit that, but not screw over the people that are just playing the game normally and getting hit with huge bills.Alkaldi0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 So apparently.... The beta testing was actually the alpha testing. And we've all paid 60$ for a Beta test of the game.Suge0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 D3 Must Have A Ladder Server I'd say that the main problem is the use of only one server for all soft-core characters. Blizzard should have instead used two servers, 1. Open - What it is now. 2. Ladder - Does not open when the game starts. Opens around 1.04. Would probably be patch 1.05. - It would open late to allow for bugs in the AH/RMAH to be worked out. The delay would also allow for balancing issues to be solved. All characters from the original Open server can join the first ladder. The characters who joined the ladder could only take what they are wearing into the Ladder. At the end of each ladder season, the character with all items is transferred over to the Open server. (Only like 5 characters can be on the Ladder Server at once to prevent massive transfers of items through character creation/deletion.) So pretty much, Ladder would be there just so that everyone who had the initial bonus wouldn't completely wreck the economy. Ladder 2 would be the first proper ladder. It would open with all new characters and nothing in the Auction House. (... because ladder 1 would probably be completely messed up due to swingy patches) This would create a constant Auction House where demand far exceeds supply. Add in elements from this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ, (Kripp goes through and criticizes D3's lack of end game. He offers some good suggestions) with a few QOL buffs to all classes and D3 would be perfect. - Incentive to use the Ladder server could be two-fold 1. Better economy. 2. Blizzard could add in something Ladder only, such as a 1% drop rate of a level 64 item in Act IV Infero.Catmurderer0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 AH change. Dear Blizzard... I like the auction house. Its the first thing I do when I log in, and the last thing i do when i log out. Can you make it so that we are directed straight to the AH after logging in? Also can you please have an option for us to where it is open after leaving a game? Also, I would like a web-browser AH so that I dont really have to open D3 to play with the AH. A mobile app would be nice too, but its not really a high priority, although it would make my phone fun, in combination with the authenticator thats on it already. Thank you.CamelRider9 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Don't get excited for PvP Actiblizzion will find a way to screw it up aswell. I guarantee it won't be anything like D2 pvp (kill someone and take their gold)Jack21 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 GoodBye Blizz you have provided me with many happy hours raiding,rated bg's and other things. However with this latest patch I have to say good riddance. I will say my main reason is the repair costs / difficulty level of act III inferno. Once my gear hits yellow repairs are roughly 35k if I let it slide into the red repairs are roughly 52k. For a casual d3 player this is entirely too much considering the amount of times a player is going to die to elite packs. As a barb with 1200 resist my character should be able to mitigate a lot more damage. However with Diablo 3 and world of warcraft erased from my computer I can get back to real life lists and duties.KillAgain1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Request for Blizzard Sound to be Revised Yeah I am just talking about the blizzard spell. I use it a good bit, and it is really annoying imho. Basically the after effects sound perfect.. sounds like a storm.. the thunder and ice pelts is good.. But why add the 'Casting' effect though? it sounds like some kind of mechanical starter... like I am trying start an engine lol. anyway that is just my perspective of course.. What you could do is at a cold windy sound to the already thunder sound giving it a blizzard like feel you know? Please remove that start sound.:) By the way.. You guys have done great on the sounds. I know you have put a good bit of work in this game and I appreciate the service. LaterZijaria0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Farmed every single act every quest I did an experiment farming every single quest every single act post patch to see what profit I would make. *Most of the repair bills are not from dying, but actually losing durability while attacking enimes. (Also keep in mind I killed every mob). Here are the results: -------------------- ACT 1 Times Slain: 0 Rares Collected: 89 Total Gold Collected (including Sales to merchant): Approx 445k Total items Salvaged for essense: 42 (71k) Total Reward from selling rares in auction house: 3 items at 52k. Total repair bill: 56,781 Total profit: 511,219 Approx ------------- ACT 2 Times Salin: 2 Rares Collected: 82 Total Gold Collected (including Sales to merchant): Approx 378k Total items salvaged for essense: 58 (Approx 98k) Total reward from selling rares in auction house: 14 items at 5.6mil Total Repair Bill: 110,819 Total profit: 5,960,000 Approx ------------ ACT 3: Times Slain: 7 Rares Collected: 54 Total Gold Collected (including Sales to merchant): Approx 225k Total items Salvaged for essense: 31 (52k) Total Reward from selling rares in auction house: 4 at 113k. Total repair bill: 119,458 Total Profit: 270,879 Approx ----------- ACT 4: Times Slain: 42 Rares Collected: 39 Total Gold Collected (including Sales to merchant): Approx 289k Total items Salvaged for essense: 11 (18k) Total Reward from selling rares in auction house: 9 at 817k. Total repair bill: 382,919 Total Profit: 714,081 Approx ------------- Character Farmed with: http://i49.tinypic.com/20azzit.png Act 2 was lucky drops. Rest of it seemed like it was not even worth my time past act 2 in general.Ashes51 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 "Shut Up PVP Guy" - Should have seen it comin So is this motto being used in every aspect of game design now? Class & Attack speed nerfs Drop rate nerfs Gold nerf Repair bills Scaling difficulty nerfs RMAH Customer ServiceI only bought D3 to buy time while I wait on MoP...but damn it's now just a Glorious Monstrous Foe!KarmaKaze7 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Please rename the scutum It reminds me of !@#$%^- when i see it.Synthe0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Multiple Skill Layouts I don't know about anyone else, but personally, I use 2 different skill sets, depending on what I'm doing. If I'm out running around or questing, then I use one set. When I'm about to fight a boss, I switch almost all of my skills to another set. This is kind of annoying to have to manually switch each skill, especially in Act 4 where you go from questing to fighting a boss to questing to fighting a boss in so short a time period. It would be nice if Blizzard were to implement multiple skill layouts that you could customize then quickly switch to by pressing a key combo or going to skills and selecting a layout.Reepime0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Tips on getting that evil diablo atmosphere. 1. Go options>video>gamma, turn down to 25% of bar. 2. Turn to effects 50/voice50/music zero/ ambient 100. 3. Go to youtube, search diablo 1 music. Crank to full volume. 4. ???? 5 profit. You now have a dark and gloomy game with creepy music!Naiphe0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Records of an Act 1 Inferno Loot Run w/ Barb To make the game a little bit more interesting than it is (almost nothing tsk tsk), I decided to record the drops of a normal run I do through Act 1 Inferno with my barbarian. I start my run by loading a game at Quest 9 - The Cursed Hold. I then visit the following way points and search the entire zone for elite mobs, goblins, and instances (skipping everything else): - Cemetery of the Forsaken - Fields of Misery - The Festering Woods - Highlands Crossing - Northern Highlands From there I continue through Leoric's Manor and the Hall's of Agony to get some more elites, The Warden, and The Butcher. Note: I currently don't do cathedral because it's just seems to be a lot of backtracking. In the data of my drops I don't include any loot I got outside of elite's or bosses. I also don't include the loot I got from my first 5 elite kills as I'm building up NV. All the loot dropped is with 322 MF obtained through 5NV, Templar, and gear. Time of the run (includes jotting down data): 1hr33min Boss kills: 2 Elite kills (not counting first 5): 22 Items of ------- Quality: #ilvl<61/#ilvl61/#ilvl62/#ilvl63/#itemstotal Items of White Quality: 15/11/4/0/30 Items of Magic Quality: 23/5/4/0/32 Items of Rare Quality: 46/9/5/2/62 Items Total: 84/25/13/2/124 Percentages of items dropped total: 67.7%/20.2%/10.5%/1.6% Blizzards Percentages for Act 1: 72.4%/17.7%/7.9%/2.0% Off the record data: I found 5 items out of the 124 ah worthy all of them were rares. Also the ilvl 63's were bad (one was spear with int/agi/vit/str 400dps, the other I don't even remember because it was so bad). This is just one run of recorded data but through it I see that MF truly doesn't affect the ilvl of the items dropped, but instead affects the item quality (whether it's rare or magic etc). Even if I subtract 22 of the guaranteed rare drops obtained through 5NV I'm still getting more rares than anything else which should be happening with 322% MF.Vhigdo1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Need info/advice So Ill kill soon diablo in nightmare im at act 4 atm and Im wondering if this will be good enough for hell. I never played before games like that so I'm just looking for some advice or information that will help me . I have critchance/critdamage and resists etc...Im just wondering if this will be good enough :D Thank you in advance guys http://imageshack.us/f/209/96713624.jpg/larmo1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Progress not saving Ok got into act 3 did a few checkpoints on inferno then my progress is not saved. Is everyone having that same issue????????Kegerator1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 1.0.3 Has Ruined This Game I know, these threads are countless, even on the first page their seemed to be plenty, but even though my voice will not be heard, I want to say something. I hate this patch, I've spent the last week or two trying to get used to it, readjusting, but it just sucks. I have a witch doctor, and was farming, completely addicted to this game from launch until the most recent patch, I made near 400 dollars as a reward for my dedication. Now, I have been farming again, even though my build, gear, and class have been completely nerfed to hell in every way and I'm stuck on act 1 inferno, over and over again. Its not fun, at all, but whatever, I've been looking at this game as a part time job. But even that is faltering, rumors are the games number of players has dropped dramatically, and I feel the same way. My auctions are sitting still, even being priced appropriately and undercutting a bit. I've made 5 dollars the last 2 days, with an AH full of good gear that ain't moving. It's not moving because people aren't playing, and not willing to pay for gear in a game that is NOT fun to play. Blizzard, Fix your Sh** before i drop this game completely like the other 90 percent of your player base has.HandsofStone27 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Diablo 3 endgame: equip items, uninstall That's how I feel. At first it made me mad. Then it made me sad. Now it just makes me laugh a bit. This game is bad.. :-SWayfarer6 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Blizzcon 2012 No wonder it was canceled. They had the foresight to avoid all of the live feedback at the Con that would disrupt their panels... They just didn't want to have to deal with an angry mob. I wonder if there will be another Blizzcon and if it will have 25k+ people like last years did.Glifax0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Most useless legendary Pretty sure I just found it in act 2 normal with my 22 barb. (Not including the <500 DPS lvl 60s) Vigilante Belt Legendary Belt 27 Armor +9 Dexterity Each Hit Adds +1 Life Regenerates +1 Life per Second Melee attackers take 2 damage per hit Monster kills grant +3 experience. Increases Gold and Health Pickup by 2 Yards. Required Level: 9 It was even more disappointing than finding an Izzuccob. At 22, I at least half expected it to be some sort of upgrade.Wanfear1 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 MF gear barely doing anything? Blue please Ive farmed gear on 2 different characters for a combined estimated 50 hours I'd say, with and without MF gear on, and have not noticed a big enough difference to use it. I do get the occasional extra yellow or a yellow before I get to my 5th stack but to take such a hit in dps and defenses I find it almost useless. The extra yellow I get from having my MF gear on is easily negated by the fact that I can do my run almost twice as fast without my MF gear on. I searched the forums a lil bit and couldn't really find anything useful. Any experienced MFers have an opinion on this? Or blues?Norcoz2 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 The un-addressed question. First things first, this is not a trash talk thread or a "this game sucks" thread. Because this game is awesome it just needs better end game. I am just here as a messenger for my friends and myself. Wheres the PVP? This game is in dire need of it. The solution: PVP in game via patch that allows a dueling challenge that can be accepted or declined. This system would work just like a game invite where you don't have to accept or decline the challenge. This way non-pvp players would not be affected in anyway. Come the time for the arena this would be a great way to test builds and the viability of them before you go into an arena with your buddys. I'm am positive people are going to want to just PVE after this if it happens but the beauty is they will not be affected in anyway, the bonus is the PVP players will get the end game they have been asking for without waiting for the arena and we can get ready to test ways to fight other players before the arena and outside of the arena come the PVP patch.ShaneBuchman0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 MF work on item rolls? Just want to clear this up, I think it does not matter at all but some people tend to believe that wearing MF while identifying rares gives you a better chance for better rolls. EDIT- Ok, as I suspected, does not change a thing. Thanks. Mythbust this poop please :)Coqburn4 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Act 2 Spiders :| Anyone else think the spider enemies in Inferno Act 2 need to be tweaked a bit? Elite packs move too fast for how hard they're hitting, on top of having multiple affixes that can absolutely wreck entire groups. I primarily play a DH, and as annoying as Act 2 can be for that class (tons of enemies that bypass missile attacks), I feel like the Spiders take the cake for Elites to avoid. Every time I seem to run into a pack during co-op games, they eat our group alive. Very quickly. Here's hoping they get some tweaking in the future. :|Barghest5 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Uninstalling Well, I think I'm done with D3. I'm at lvl 51 in act one of hell and looking ahead at what awaits me in inferno, It just doesn't sound fun. D3 was a great experience, I loved the story, even if it was predictable. The artwork and the new take on the skill tree was also something I enjoyed. But I think I'm done. Obvious turn offs leading to my decision: 1.) The downtime for patches. 2.) The lack of end game content. 3.) The "let users sell items to each other for cash and take commission business model" 4.) Being unable to browse games with filters. (Example: Farming for Gold, doing cow LVL , I'd like to join games that apply to what I want to do, not just a random assignment) 5.) The attitude of the community towards the game. 6.) The play online only DRM. I'm not mad, just tired of the bad things. Blizzard already got their $60.00 from me, so they are not going to miss me leaving. I'm just going to play something that is a little more finished than this game. I probably won't buy the SC2 expansions either, seeing how blizzard handles things these days. Any ideas as to what game I should try next? I'm thinking of trying Kingdoms of Amalur.thr4shmetal4 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 thoughts on crit chance/crit dmg nerf I have not read anything to confirm that this will be the case but it seems that players who use crit chance/crit damage can have their dps significantly higher than those who don't. IAS was nerfed because the dps was out of proportion, and it seems that crit chance/crit dmg gives similar levels of dps. While i don't advocate for a nerf, i just have a feeling this might happen again. I really don't want spend millions of gold on gear and then have my dps drop a week later. Who else thinks that crit chance/crit damage will be nerfed in the near future?Bolarion4 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Lieutenant Clyfton suck my wang and fight some minions.BudLightCase0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Inferno over-nerfed They should make a harder difficulty than Inferno, since they nerfed it to the ground. What would the next difficulty be called? Insane? Impossible? (Suggestions..)Zorthi69 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Monster from outerspace All monsters in this game looks like ALIENS FROM OUTERSPACE. AND HIT LIKEWISE....KopaKabana0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Some nice/interesting ideas for those of you who dont know, kripp is the first player to beat hardcore inferno. a lot of people complain about what the game is/has become, but i would prefer to include some solutions rather than complain on the forums all day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwQ5aXOStQ&feature=g-u-u anyway i just wanted to post this video because i think he brings up some cool/interesting ideas. obviously its all theory and just wishful thinking, but i actually agree with most of the stuff he saidDanaj0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Holding out for updates before playin Inferno Since there are some serious issues with Inferno difficulty at the moment I have decided to start two new characters and get them advanced to hell mode in anticipation of the "Further Balancing" which will happen at some point in the future. Going with a Monk and a barbarian. Monk is pretty fun to play and the Barb is a Barb so can't go wrong there. I plan on having three fully decked out characters ready for inferno by the time the new patches are released... Thoughts anyone?Judgement0 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Why I hate diablo 3 Forum But love Jay Wilson King Arthur is a legendary British leader of the late 5th and early 6th centuries, who, according to medieval histories and romances, led the defence of Britain against Saxon invaders in the early 6th century. The details of Arthur's story are mainly composed of folklore and literary invention, and his historical existence is debated and disputed by modern historians.[2] The sparse historical background of Arthur is gleaned from various sources, including the Annales Cambriae, the Historia Brittonum, and the writings of Gildas. Arthur's name also occurs in early poetic sources such as Y Gododdin.[3] The legendary Arthur developed as a figure of international interest largely through the popularity of Geoffrey of Monmouth's fanciful and imaginative 12th-century Historia Regum Britanniae (History of the Kings of Britain).[4] Some Welsh and Breton tales and poems relating the story of Arthur date from earlier than this work; in these works, Arthur appears either as a great warrior defending Britain from human and supernatural enemies or as a magical figure of folklore, sometimes associated with the Welsh Otherworld, Annwn.[5] How much of Geoffrey's Historia (completed in 1138) was adapted from such earlier sources, rather than invented by Geoffrey himself, is unknown. Although the themes, events and characters of the Arthurian legend varied widely from text to text, and there is no one canonical version, Geoffrey's version of events often served as the starting point for later stories. Geoffrey depicted Arthur as a king of Britain who defeated the Saxons and established an empire over Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Norway and Gaul. Many elements and incidents that are now an integral part of the Arthurian story appear in Geoffrey's Historia, including Arthur's father Uther Pendragon, the wizard Merlin, Arthur's wife Guinevere, the sword Excalibur, Arthur's conception at Tintagel, his final battle against Mordred at Camlann and final rest in Avalon. The 12th-century French writer Chrétien de Troyes, who added Lancelot and the Holy Grail to the story, began the genre of Arthurian romance that became a significant strand of medieval literature. In these French stories, the narrative focus often shifts from King Arthur himself to other characters, such as various Knights of the Round Table. Arthurian literature thrived during the Middle Ages but waned in the centuries that followed until it experienced a major resurgence in the 19th century. In the 21st century, the legend lives on, not only in literature but also in adaptations for theatre, film, television, comics and other media. However, the Arthur in films and television is clearly depicted as living during a much later period – the costumes used in such dramatizations resemble those of people living in the 12th century more than they do those used during the 5th or 6th. People write 3 paragraphs and you read it and its all nonsense.bryon5 Jun 25, 2012
Jun 25, 2012 Will there be a patch tomorrow? Y/N Haven't heard from the blues in a while and I'm wondering if you think they're going to make any changes during tomorrow's maintenance or if they're going to subject us to another week of these repair costs and nerfs? Are you expecting a patch or not?CousinDanger5 Jun 25, 2012