General Discussion

Jun 19, 2012 Krippian was not WF I was. (Proof) http://i.imgur.com/WZafZ.jpg hay HAYBAS3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Noob query: what is Stacks? n wat is NV? what is stacks means? and ppl saying 5 stacks, how to they calculate stacks? and NV wat is actually meant? thanks .wyatt1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo III is currently running. Anybody else getting this problem while trying to download the patch? The server site says they are good to go and I still can't download the patch. This happened to me last time as well all my friends were online waiting for me and I had to search the forums to find a way on. In the end I had to change my language to french, the game would restart and download the patch. I try that this time and still no luck, goes to intalizing then shoots to 100%. I work a double today and am on my split and would like to get some farming in before going back to hell....rage....Bochdigity18 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Siegebreaker = Bull!@#$ Now With just these 2 things Siegebreaker is now the most annoying boss in the game. Now enrages after 4 minutes In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affixGhost2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Patching WoW & D3 at the same time? Bad mojo Really Blizzard? Couldn't think of possibly patching both games on different days? Honestly...Grolgan0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Playing in 1.0.3 I see all these threads of people having played in 1.0.3. I know it's not supposed to be done until 1 or 3 or whatever, but when I log in it says it's going to update my version with the patch but in fact does not. Can any one shed some light as to whether or not you have been able to play in the 1.0.3 update (North Americans, EST) ?HeSiTaTioN2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Sir, Lord, My Baron, Fix for iLvL 61+ Gear I have to say, that not having restrictions beside level was a good idea, however -- there becomes a problem when the gear can out level you. The problem with this is, having iLvL 60-63 Gear just breaks the purpose of iLvL 60/61/62 gear by the nature of no restriction. I.E. As soon as you ding 60 you can wear 63 gear, trivializing the the use of 60-62 level gear. Why would I ever use an iLvL 60 item once I'm at level 60 if nothing is stopping me from using 63 gear. The fix is to add in 3 more levels, but instead of them making you level 61+ it would make you 60 Rank 1, 60 Rank 2, 60 Rank 3. This can be done by adding in the Titles from the previous Diablo games. Getting to level 1 should add "Sir/Dame" to your name, 62 "Lord/Lady" 63 "Baron/Baroness." Then there will be a purpose to 60-62 gear without raising the cap to 63. I find this to be extremely troubling, since it means that a majority of your gear is unsellable once you hit 60, in fact, you can't sell anything that didn't come from Act III. I wonder how this was allowed to happen, it is really, really, silly. The only other way to fix this is to increase the cap, which would be a good Idea anyway. Currently the game difficulty-level ratio's are as follows: 1-30/30-50/50-60 It should look like: 1-30/30-50/50-60/60-63 Ideally you would be hitting 63 in Act III, the place where you are statistically capable of finding iLvL 63 gear on the regular. The game should be balanced so that Inferno Act 1 can be beaten with 60-61 gear, Act II with 61-62 gear, Act III 62-63 gear, and Act IV All 63 Gear. This would fix the the issue with iLvL 60-62 gear being useless. This combined with 1.03 (Since the drop rates increase and you can see the iLvL of an item) would fix the end game for me, it would make inferno actually fun to run and statistically should be easier to balance around a baseline for gear.Laokin6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Please prove that I'm wrong blizzard Well, I can't stress enough that this game was a great disappointment to majority of people who played diablo2 and was expecting a great sequel. I know there are few fanboys out there telling that I am the minority but I never seen one actually giving me a reason for liking this game. I also see hundreds of game improvement suggestions and posts about how bad this game is that are highly rated. I'm pretty sure people who have more time than me in the forums wrote long and long posts about story improvement suggestions, item improvement suggestions and so on. So I will just cut to the chase and ask this. What are you planning to do on further patches to make this game have more things to do once we reach 60 apart from PVP? P.S: Still playing this game just to earn enough money on RMAH to buy new blizzard games coming out since I don't wanna pay a single $$ after playing diablo 3.DRUNKSINCE100 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Use fence to stuck monster ( ACT 2 ) http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3554/98777777.jpg This kind of fence can been found in anywhere and just let the monster come to the fence .... and then jump to the oppositeDogoD0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blizzard!! Game are for fun, and to destress.... you made this game no longer fun and stressful to play... stop nerfing here and there.... i have never seen a single game with so much negative feedback on a single patch ever before!!! seriously ever!!!XQuilet1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 IAS nerf affecting barb frenzy? Will the IAS nerf affect the barb frenzy skill?SpeciesXX0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo 3 in a nutshell They tried to fix a franchise that wasn't broken. They took it, broke it themselves, glued it back together, broke their own version, removed pieces of said version, broke it again, made it easier to grasp, released it, then have half-!@# attempted to fix what shouldn't of been there to begin with. Game design 101. We have no idea what we are doing, or what we want, or where we want this game design to go. Break it. Rebuild it. Sc!!#@ the things that we actually innovated. Take said innovations and make them streamlined. Break it again. Multiply the difficulty by x2 untested. Ship. Profit. Laugh. Hire a troll for a community manager. Don't listen to said community. Release half-$%^ patches when the fanbase is already leaving from the terribad release, and the overall terribad game design/endgame/itemization/class design/ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect ect. Blizzard, or Vinvidi (whoever is in charge with all of your horribad decisions) enjoy never seeing another dime from me. You hired a RTS developer to make the most anticipated ARPG of the last 10 years, and you actually allowed him to take everything that was iconic about the franchise due to North, and toss it out the window. You allow key members to just walk out of your company's doors because you've already "made it" as a company, and could care less.Rakanishu0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 cheaters running rampart -Blizz hits the rest There is big market for high MF gear , some are using those before opening chests - thats totally fine in my opinion but not for Blizzard : ... There is second pool of players that use macros to equip MF gear just before Boss / chmapion dies - how is Blizzard adressing that : "........................." GJ (yes using 3rd party is illegal but they have no way of detecting if one takes few precautions and giving the scale of it they wouldnt ban anyone even if they could detect it.)Attero0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Rmah WHO DARES THINK THIS IS IMMORAL I FIGHT DEMONS ALOT , I KILL THEM. I may get SPOILS FROM WAR and TRADE THEM FOR THINGS I NEED TO SURIVE IF YOU ARE AGAINST THIS . YOUR SOCIETY HAS FAILED YOU. FOR I AM NOT THE ONE HURTING YOUR ECONOMY I AM THE ONE FIGHTING TO SURIVIVE.Krazykilla0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 So does this mean no more 5000 ruby purchases Aww man. Can't believed they nerfed the AH cuz of my silliness :)Xavori0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Who turned the sound back on lol Why is my music and voice volume back on when I specifically set both to 0? That has never happened before lol.Xeph2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Song created from Diablo intro cinematic Hey I just released my latest track using the Diablo intro cinematic lines, re-recorded. Free download at http://soundcloud.com/official-notoriety/notoriety-darkness_master Like my facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/NotorietyOfficialReij2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Bashiok, the mighty warrior. This is the tale of the mighty Bashiok (or in his native tongue "The Lone Wolf" and his battle against the army of foes known as "Fanboys", who do their master's bidding without question. It all starts with Bashiok traversing throughout the land of Twitter, which many travel through. Bashiok knew that this was neutral territory, but he was not afraid. His armor was made of the hides of the many trolls he had slain with his mighty weapon, a heavy hammer that he had used to (ban)ish countless foes to another realm. Feeling a bit bored, he lets forth a taunting shout, hoping to provoke some poor fool into attacking him. "Webcams r 2 legit 2 quit", he bellows. The result is immediate. From the fringes of the forest, a horde of drooling, hunchbacked monsters come from, furious at the fact that the mighty Bashiok did not immediately jump upon their master's pogo stick whilst lavishing praise upon him. Bashiok is soon surrounded, and though he slays many of the creatures, he is beginning to become over run. The foolish fanboys however, did not account for Bashiok's endless wit. Bashiok blows from his war horn, rallying his support troops. Hundreds, if not thousands, of well armed, intelligent warriors hear the call and make their way to bring what aid they can. It is a hard fought battle once they arrive, with Bashiok and his men slowly grinding down the numbers of their enemy, despite losing many of their own. Bashiok knocks down the lead fanboy, and crushes his skull with his mighty hammer. Soon, the fanboys disperse, knowing they are hopelessly outmatched. They most likely will convene with their master, and ask for his guidance. For now though, Bashiok stands upon his impressive mountain of dead foes, his Battle Standard planted firmly amongst them. The battle was won, but until his arch rival comes forth to do battle, the war cannot be over.Adesam1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 D3 Public Ventrilo I am hosting a small public vent, if it grows in activity i will expand the slots. Please respect others, if you want private channels let me know. pv19.planetventrilo.com 4331Mikiel2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Vote kick and AH properties First of all why in the hell dont vote kicking work. Its a burdon not being able to kick the noob who joins your game when you have 5 stacks and them making it impossible to farm. Now that I got that off of my chest what about the auction house. It would be so much more convenient for everyone if we could search with 4 properties over the 3. Just because a WD like me would search for INT, VIT, RESIST ALL, and MAGIC FIND ..... thats all that i want to doMeGaChEsTeR5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 diablo 3 is not an mmo it neither lives nor dies by the number of people playing, so stop pretending it does.Egamer9 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 You can have my stuff... are you happy? Only unlike other games, you need to bring some cold, hard cash. And a lot of it. See you all at the RMAH! :) P.S. Really, you can have my stuff. Papa just needs to get paid!Nog2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 No Witch Doctor buffing? (WD) WD would be much better with a some buffing.Boss16 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 How are you going to farm after 1.03? How will you now farm? Since the higher tier items will have a small chance to now drop in Acts 1 and 2 in inferno from not at all previously. How will you farm? Obviously if your super geared you'll still be doing Act 3 and 4 but this is more a shout out to the people who still struggle with Act 3 and 4 and cannot farm it efficiently yet Will you just steam roll multiple and fast runs on Act 1 and 2? and try go the quantity over reliability? Or still try grind out over deaths on Act 3 and 4 and stick to more reliable drop chance? I think i might try steam roll Act 1 and 2 a bit and see how that goes... Atm in my gear I cannot do Act 3 or 4 quickly and efficiently yetDrekka22 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 A different view of attack speed nerf. So blizzard has stated publically multiple times this nerf is going to happen, whether we like it or not. ok thats fine. how about you publically state why? when there is no reason given we are all lead to believe it is to make more money off the RMAH which is 100% of case most likely but how about you humour us and tell us why making OUR gear worse is somehow better for USBleed27 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 DH stops whining and be a more skilled player I have a DH as my main char. Yes, Blizzard is gonna nerf DH and my dps is probably gonna drop about 20k. Players with other characters are just gonna support this nerf, which makes Blizzard doesn't even care about your whining. So move on, be better, be proud to be a DH.TheChosen0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 From vases to monsters and you complain? Did you really play $60 so that you can destroy vases all day? Blizzard just made the game completely about killing rare monsters and bosses to give you a chance of getting the best loot in the game every time (assuming 5stack of valor). I cannot for the life of my understand how people can complain about things like vases getting nerfed, how is that fun? HOW?Gentso21 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Keep your mouth shut next time people ... Thanks to you, smart theorycrafters and smart asses... so next time, please Keep your !@#$%^- mouth shut when we have something nice to play with.Samxpand21 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Losing 20k dps over IAS nerf When IAS nerf was anoucend i expected a 5, maybe 10% at tops DPS loss. but this? http://i.imgur.com/9wHuz.png You can see the % of ias nerfed on items and weapons all over the internet, just google it. Edit: FixedKennkra66 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo need this things Dear Blizzard why dont you put Diablo an abilities arcane vortex shielding reflect waller illusionist on top of the his current abilities, then at the end game a put a phrase "Thank you for playing Beta Test and thanks for the donation you give to my Big Fat Company Blizzard".Devilswing0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Loving the game. Few tips to make it better - So I was worried when this game came out that it wouldn't have the feel of the other Diablo games because of the new graphics. After playing it since release, I realize that it feels exactly like the other games and I'm very impressed. Here are some things that I believe should be changed - 1) When you start a game, dont place my character at my checkpoint. Playing hardcore, this makes it very scary to even load up the game. A little computer lag on start up, and bye bye character! Start me in town, like the other Diablos. 2) Make waypoints mean something. Right now they dont really do much. Combined with 1), the could really start to be cool like Diablo 2. 3) Tooltips for runes. When you rune a skill, if that skill is gonna replace the original effects of the skill make it more clear. If its not, please put in the words 'In addition to the original effects, this rune makes the following changes...' Sometimes its clear that a skill's original effects are replaced and sometimes it is clear that they are not, but added onto. More often than not though, it is not clear. It needs to be clear EVERY time! 4) Skills say that they do 150% weapon damage for example. However, there are many things that effect damage such as intelligence from amulets, weapon speed etc. The way skills read, these things dont effect the damage of that spell. I suggest changing the wording on skills to read '150% of DAMAGE' not '150% of WEAPON damage' because a lot of a characters damage is not just based on the weapon! That way you can simply use the damage number on your character paperdoll to assess how much damage you are actually doing and not just the '45-75' on the weapon. Now Im sure each skill doesn't just use that number on the weapon, but also a combination of all your other gear, but it really should say so on each skill. Anyways, that is all! Great game, love it! NoxinNoxin6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Looking forward to 1.0.3, tentatively... I've got a 60 monk, and a 60 DH, and I share my gear between them. It's my monk's gear, really, as I killed inferno Diablo on him, and use it to play my DH for a (great) change of pace. I'm looking forward to seeing this patch, because what all I want to do is play this game. Did my monk have a lot of IAS? 55% total, with 900 LoH. I sold my weapon already, and replaced it, and while the change was noticeable (55% to 30%), it was still minor, and I still cleared all the same content as before. Will more IAS hurt more? Maybe, but it looks like Inferno's nerf will offset it. I will say, the visceral satisfaction of attacking fast is what I liked most about IAS, not just the increased damage and spirit regen. I just liked going nuts on a mob. Made the monk fun. That I might miss... There are two different diablo 3s, Pre-60 and Post-60. When I was leveling my DH, I *loved* the game again. It was fast and furious and exciting. Then you hit Inferno and it's plodding, and frustrating, and painful, and unfair. I think the sum of all changes today will make Inferno more fun. And bottom line, that's what I want. I just want it to be more fun to kill things and farm things and play an enjoyable dynamic game. We read all the nerfs and think that all of these changes exist in the old game. If it did, they'd be absolutely mad or suicidal for doing it. But they're making Inferno easier, so I have to think in the end all of this is a net gain. Even on my DH, I'm viewing the nether tentacles change positively, because I never understood the point of both Ball Lightning and Nether Tentacles, when NT was clearly superior. Now, in the easier Inferno, you don't feel compelled to take NT. Could they have buffed EVERYTHING else? Maybe, but that'd take forever, and more rounds of patching. There are some stupid things, like items no longer dropping from destructible objects. Two out of three of the Legendaries I found were from smashing things, and it made for a great surprise. Also not sure about Reflect Damage on Siegebreaker, because it's just going to make some classes sit back and watch in group. Also, blacksmithing costs are probably way too much still. But I guess you have to be careful there? Gold price needed to come down an order of magnitude, while mats cost needed to go up. But as a whole, provided Inferno is more of a place you can play thru and not a place and you grind thru, then this patch will be a success, and everything else will be forgotten because you'll be enjoying actually playing the game again.Fives1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why Attack Speed nerf is justified There are several things you should know about why attack speed nerf is justified and why even after the nerf, attack speed is still the best stats. The only thing is that you won't be able to stack as high as you did pre-1.0.3. Using Barb as an example 1) Attack speed scales with both strength and base weapon damage, whereas strength only scales with base weapon damage. Assumption: The weapon damage is simplied from a range to a single integer for the purpose of this explanation. Weapon damage hence forth is called Dmg_Wep, which has a set value of 1200. 1200 is the top-end damage of my weapon. Therefore, damage per second on a weapon with 1200 damage and 1.2 attack speed = 1200*1/1.2 (simple calculation) which is 1000. 1a) Strength Thus, each point of strength adds 10 damage. Let's say that we have 1000 strength, thus our dps would be 1000*10=10000. Simple right? 1b) attack speed Let's evaluate how powerful attack speeds are, Each percent of attack speed, on the base of 1.2 weapon speed, provides a deduction of 0.012. Therefore, if we have 1 percent attack speed, the increase in overall dps after calculating 1000 strength in is 1200*1/(1.2-0.012)*10 or 1200*1{1.2*(1-ias%)} = 10100.1 Now, This value is then amplified by your strength as a percentage. and we have 1000 strength Thus, the actual dps increase is scaled by a fact or of 10 as well, so our actual dps after calculating 1000 strength and 1 point of attack speed is 100. Conclusion: at having 1000 strength and having a 1200 weapon damage weapon, each point of strength is worth 10 damage and each point of attack speed is worth 100. Attack speed is 10 times more effective. Remember, any critical chance, critical damage and other buff will make attack speed more effective, while 1 point of strength is always worth 1 percent of your weapon damage. So attack speed scales much much better than any other stats in the game. now it's not hard to imagine, if you have 2000 strength and other stats (thus very good gear), 1 percent attack speed could be worth 300-400 damage, which can be further increased by crit damage and crit chance, while one point of strength is still worth 10 damage. Thus, the current problem isn't that attack speed is nerfed and thus it's not good. Attack speed is still going to be the best stats For example, My justice Lantern has 13 percent attack speed, tomorrow it will have 6. Thus I lost 7 percent attack speed. But at my current gear level, attack point of attack speed will still provide 350 damage, which is worth 35 strengh, provided my base dps is 1000. So 6 percent attack speed is worth 210 strength, any ring can provide 210 strength on one affix alone? I doubt it. This same logic applies to all other items. Therefore, if you have really good gear, like my barb does, attack speed will continue to be the dominant stat that you want to stack. If your gear isn't as good, then you might find stacking higher dex/strength/intellect and crit chance helps more. But very likely, attack speed will continue to be the best stat in game, you just won't be able to stack as high as before.Tofuu75 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Ideas for expantions thumbs up.. I have been thinking lately about the game and how the story just seems way to short and what was their reasoning for capping at level 60, but then I remembered watching in the end game cinematic when Diablo fades away and all that remains is the black soul stone falling back down from the high heavens... Does any1 else think it would be cool if they implemented back the level 99 cap but in order to do that you would need more quests right ? well like I said above about the black soul-stone that has the souls of all the dark lords in it fell back down from the heavens but never mentioned what happens to it .. would any1 else like to see that soul stone come across an UN-named wanderer who somehow releases all the dark lords again bringing back some of the old diablo we all loved while increasing the storyline and play value of this new and improved diablo 3 post if you have any input good or bad .. I myself think Andy, Mephy, Duriel and Baal would be a nice addition to the fight ^.^Krizome0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Why don't we have a seperate forum for... "Constructive criticism" of Diablo 3? It's pretty annoying to come to these forums expecting some fun and to learn something about D3 and finding so many people complaining about some dumb mechanics. Sure, I'm plagued by these problems too, (poor AH, virtually invincible rare/unique packs) but above all else, I LIKE D3. I don't mind issues such as those. While it is very debatable that having to restart the game once you find a certain mob in the "right way to play" (what defines the right way to play?), not many people want to wade through threads like that just to find a legitimate thread that doesn't insult Blizzard or D3's problems. This seperate forum defeats the argument of "if people stop complaining, Bizz won't learn of these problems". in fact, it would probably help, as Blizz would have to look no further than one forum to improve D3, and that forum could be divided into subforums for the RMAH, AH, different classes, etc. There could even be a seperate forum for those that haven't entered Hell difficulty, to consolidate the casual players/young children into one place, but that idea is probably too riddled with problems to begin implementation. I'm welcome to "constructive criticism" from you guys as well :)LubeYourself0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What is the plan now So since all the new changes drastically change game play and strategy whats the plan now? a lot of people are complaining about the patch not enough people are developing and sharing strategies. Any suggestions, strategies, or ideas or what to do now?ITzNihilist0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 No longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items? Unique monsters in Hell and Inferno difficulty are no longer guaranteed to drop two Magic items when slain. Let me be the first to say. If I kill an elite/champ pack and get all whites. I will choke a !@#$%.T7g6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Another 1.03 rant I'm ok with the IAS nerf. It was probably needed. The nerf to mob damage was needed too. However... Why add enrage timers for everyone? If they can survive, and it takes 20 minutes to kill a boss, so what? How is that harming anyone? If you want to encourage build diversity (ie tanky/defensive builds) then those enrage timers have no place in the game. Also, nerfing MF and item drops is ridiculous. Normal players shouldn't be punished for Blizzard's inability to control botting. In fact, the botters are just going to find a different exploit, and then we'll be back where we started.Thakog0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo III Patch 1.0.3 - v.1.0.3.10057 http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/227302-patch-103-now-live/ Official Patch notes off EU region. Sadly, IAS nerf revealed earlier was pretty accurate, but the Inferno nerf isn't as big as some were saying. Overall I think the difficulty of mobs in Inferno are roughly the same with some sensible tweaks.Lightning0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blizzard nerfs. Guys, i believe Blizzard are nerfing everything we find that is helpful for us because they want to enable the RMAH to move smoothly. I think they check the Forums and Youtubes and whatnots just to ensure all exploits bugs and any good farming areas are cleared out to prevent us from farming our items properly. I have a suggestion is that we do not post any of those exploits, favourites builds, good farming spots or whatsoever to ensure that blizzard will not nerf them. Just a suggestion.holyshid0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 PVP.. where is it? What happened to "it'll be released when its ready" D3 is obviously not ready.Kickass7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Server is on, but i cant play I downloaded new patch. Im from Europe, and it shows me that is still maintence (even it says on website that EU server is on). Can someone tell me whats wrong? (sry if my english is bad)Vincelot4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 damn it always down anyone sick of these damn updates? they need to start figuring out what it is they want from this game and stop kicking us off to make it happen... >.> i really dont like this forced online play crap...MightyMomba11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Character Customization Explained - Updated!! *I wrote this thread right around New Year's. Many players enjoyed reading it so I have updated/bumped it to include the recent changes.* ***Update 5/14*** Featured on kotaku, neato! http://kotaku.com/5909541/the-dumbing-down-of-diablo-iii ***Update 4/22*** Jay Wilson is the lead developer for Diablo 3. Here are his statements regarding some of the changes. Skill points: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVTVMqtmxPU Manual Stat allocation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKvxab1kBk&feature=relmfu Diablo 3 is too easy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzhoGX_7uFY&feature=related --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This thread will attempt to address some of the differences between Diablo II and Diablo III. I have seen quite a few threads expressing distress at the lack of player customization on their character. I will examine the core of D2 customization and compare it with its corresponding D3 system so that players may gain understanding of the differences between the two. Before a discussion of the differences between the two can take place, you have to understand one very important thing. Customization has been largely exported to crafting/items. The player inventory may now house the majority of character customization. Whether or not this is an improvement is up for debate. However, it cannot be argued that it is less player customization, that’s empirically false. It is however, MUCH different, therefore the controversy. This thread contains a side by side of some of the major game systems from each game. Enjoy! I. Character Stat Points – Now gems/itemization 1a. Strength(D2) vs. Strength(D3) 1b. Dexterity(D2) vs. Dexterity(D3) 1c. Vitality(D2) vs. Vitality(D3) 1d. Energy(D2) vs. Intelligence 1e. Armor, resistances, and dodge 1f. The primary stat system 2. Gemcrafting, the replacement of stat allocation 3. Itemization, the extension of stat allocation 4. Player choice on stats 5. Stat Points – Conclusion II. Skills – Now Runes 1. Skill Viability 2. Skill Damage 3. Skill Diversity 4. Skill Points 5. Skills – Conclusion III. Runewords - Now Blacksmithing 1. The effect of runes (D2) 2. The effect of blacksmithing 3. Item drop frequency/usefulness 4. Player customization improvements 5. Currency and crafting 6. Blacksmithing - Conclusion IV. Game Accessibility, Scalability, Simplification 1. Accessibility 1a. Stat point allocation 1b. Crafting 1c. Skill System 1d. Accessibility – Conclusions 2. Scalability 2a. Level Cap 2b. Skills 2c. Scalability – Conclusions 3. Simplification 3a. Stat Points 3b. Trading 3c. Simplification – Conclusions 4. Ease of use – Concluded V. Auction house, gold currency versus bartering, magic find 1. Auction house 2. Gold currency vs. bartering 3. Magic Find 4. D3 Economics – Conclusion VI. Conclusions Dontinquire685 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Jay Wilson, elemental damage now? ... I hope the nerf to IAS means we get to see an elemental comeback. Any Blues know if this change is coming?Risto1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blizzard is so Lazy I have read the patch notes for 1.0.3, and it says that the bugged attack speed stat will be fixed on new legendaries, but not the old ones yet? Why is this patch being deployed now? TOO HILARIOUS!!Echo0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Barbarian Pros and Cons Greetings, I've leveled my barbarian to 60 and have reached act 2 of Inferno so I thought I would give my explanation of why many see them as being "weaker" than other classes in Inferno as well as my own thoughts on the ways in which they are actually superior to other classes (at least the ranged ones). 1. First off I think it is obvious that the basis for this belief is the fact that barbarians are overwhelmingly melee based while WDs, Wizards, and DHs are overwhelmingly melee oriented. This has several implications: A: most baddies deal melee damage so while the baddies are trying to close the distance ranged classes can deal damage without taking any in return (This also makes kiting and mobility abilities far more powerful for them). B: The most devastating elite abilities damage-wise (fire chains, fire pools, plague, those spinning purple laser bastards) are basically melee attacks which means that if a barbarian wants to try and do damage an elites pack he/she has no choice but to park themselves in the middle of these face-melting abilities while ranged classes can just go around them. C: Ranged characters improve both their defense and their offense by building for damage output while melee will need damage mitigation and damage output. Since a ranged character's best defense will always be killing mobs before they can reach them all they really need to focus on is building for pure damage so they can drop the baddies before they run out of space to run(yes I know I'm oversimplifying). Since Barbs know they are going to have to take all those fire chains straight in the pooper they have to build for damage mitigation as well as enough damage output to bring the ugly mothers down. This means that barbs will have to split their money between a greater variety of stats which makes their gear more expensive. D: Therefore in my humble opinion it is inevitable that (because their gear will cost more on the AH) Barbs will have to work harder to preform on an equal level with ranged classes in inferno because that is where enemies begin to hit so hard and have so much health that players are forced to begin investing in gear instead of simply relying on their own drops. 2. Having said all that there are a number of advantages to playing a Barbarian. A: Having played as a barbarian straight through to inferno I did not realize just how squishy ranged classes were until I played with a friend who was on a DH in act 2 inferno and a non elite mob killed him in one hit. The fact that regular mobs can kill ranged characters almost as fast as an elite means that ranged characters will find most of the game more difficult. A barbarian has the damage mitigation to survive the full force of an elite mob's enormous damage output which means that he will hardly even notice the attacks of regular mobs so a barbarian can kick back and relax through most of the game. Every class of character has to fear elite packs but while barbarians can just spam revenge and stroll through the hordes of lesser monsters ranged characters facing spider swarms will die instantly if they make a mistake. B: Because ranged characters need to kite enemies around their effectiveness will vary greatly depending on the terrain, a cornered DH is dead while a cornered barbarian is no different than a barbarian who isn't cornered. C: EXAMPLE: It took my friend who plays a WD many attempts to clear the spider cavern on the way to the spider queen in ACT 1 of inferno because all the hundreds of spiderlings could essentially one shot him and the confined spaces and webbing made it difficult for him to keep the baddies from reaching him, he ended up essentially corpse hopping through the zone. I completed the same zone with my barbarian on my first try while playing with a new puppy on my lap.FalsorWing1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Auction house is not a fun game mechanic So I was in love with Diablo 3. I still do like it but, its starting to fail for me. Its no longer fun. Normal was fun and exciting mainly because you get to see some armor progression and unlock new skills. It was to easy though. Nightmare is probably my favorite difficulty. You start Act 1 with feeling a little behind. So instead of easy enemies you need to actually play it smart and cautious. I was able to actually use things that I would find. When I got to hell it felt like I was playing the game wrong and didn't feel like the same game. That's fine but, nothing I found while struggling helped me. I was forced to farm until I could afford stuff on the AH. After getting things on the AH the game now became quite easy and it felt like nightmare just with maniac elites. Then I got to inferno. The first act was a shocker just like going from nightmare to hell. That was to be expected now. Once again though. Nothing I found while barely getting by helped me. Pushed to the AH again. Having to farm to get items to put on the auction house and having to farm gold at the same time is not fun. Nothing ever drops that I can use for the character that I'm playing with. I have noticed that the majority of people that have gotten the farthest are ones who know how to work the AH. Well I'm very simple minded. I want to have fun killing while I find loot. I don't want to feel like I'm playing stock broker tycoon to progress and get better in a hack n slash game. Maybe it's just me but, I wish the game was made to be played without the auction house.TwoStraws18 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Question - Auction House Time Lapse/Updates.. Here is a question... I don't know if this is how it works, but does time for items in the AH continue to lapse while the servers are down for updates? Because if this is the case, then I bet alot of people will be ripped off if they posted no buyout items that will expire during the downtime for the update... IE - Someone posts an item easily worth 5 million IGG and the last bid on the item was 1 million before the update and the auction expires during the update time... This might all be moot if the time for items in the AH does not expire during update periods but my concern still lies in the fact that our computer clocks continue on, and blizzard chose to tie in the auction item timers with our computer clocks. Any thoughts?Spellbound3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Happy With All The 1.03 Changes I'm very happy with all the 1.03 changes. I'll actually start playing my DH again since steamrolling everything with average gear (50k dps)wasnt fun for me. I hated NT, dumbest skill for a hunter/ranger in any game. It looks like a wizard spell, but I used since it was so powerful(broken). I actually have some survival gear I bought in anticipatin of 1.03. Hopefully its enough that I dont get one shot, glass cannon was boring... That 97 dex crit chance/crit damage ring I found that was -900 dps vs a blue 63 dex 15 IAS ring, now I can use it. My Barb that is just starting act 3 hell and not using the ah. So nice that Ill actually be able to gear up for inferno in act 3 and act 4 of hell, and gear up for act 2 inferno through act 1. And lowering the damage in in Act 2+, now my barb won't need act 3 gear to get through act 2. Every change they have made makes the game more fun for me. Thank you blizzard for not listening to the mouth breathers on your forum and making good decions.threei0 Jun 19, 2012