General Discussion

Jun 10, 2012 did you buy diablo 3? anyone got a diablo 3 guest pass i could use ?CHEESEburger0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 A thread for appreciative Diablo 3 gamers With all of the Diablo 3 hateful remarks floating around this place, I've decided to start a thread for the gamers who think D3 is a masterpiece! Please post some love for D3!Aviel42 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 These mercs stink What ever happened to the alhizeer the act 2 beast with 15ed eth sa 1.5 lpl fort with eth andys helm and infinity or insight that went around *%@!## things now all we have is some punk that runs into mobs says some bs about what a challenge they might be hits for 1k if youre lucky aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand...... gets 1shot the will of a templar is not strongerTiamat1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 39995.7 DPS Fist. I saw this 15mins ago. HOW???????????BlkIISlash2 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Missing I log in to hopefully spend another few hours trying to finish Act 3, but unfortunately I was sent back to the beginning of Chapter 7, as the sub-chapter is now missing in my quest log. I tried to send in a ticket for this, but it says that at the moment blizzard is not dealing with issues regarding quests or achievements (I guess thats what I would have to put it under). This chapter is already as difficult as it is trying to get past elite soul lasher mobs or even just trying to run away from it, and I am extremely discouraged to even bother try starting it all over again.Okopogo2 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 22 things you might not know about diablo 3 I compiled a few lists of things me and my buddies figured out while we were playing that we wished we had known the whole time. It surprised me how many people didn't know about alot of these, so I thought I'd share! Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Gaming community seeks trading forum Hi Blizzard, I have a query that i would like to get clarification on. so i appologise if this should have been listed under a different topic. I am Currently a Forum Moderator (Gambit) of the Diablo 3 Sub Forum ( at new zealands largest gaming forum ( We have had alot of requests from our D3 community to create a D3 Trading sub forum to allow them to trade items between each other and to sell to each other for in game gold only, our administrators of the site have requested we try and get clarification from Blizzard regarding setting this up and if its ok to do so as they dont wish to do this if its not allowed. I have tried to get an answer by twitter to blizzzardcs/diablo/bashiok how ever i have not recieved a reply (not surprised, no big deal). How ever we would like to try and get an answer from someone in the know if we are able to proceed with the Trading subforum. Please note if theres any specific guidelines or rules that Blizzard wish us to enforce with the forum, please let me know and we will implement these. i tried getting an answer via a support ticket, but their reply was... some what.. unhelpful.Gamgetta8 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Minor gameplay suggestions. I would like to see some minor UI adjustments that would make things a little more convenient. Track-able achievements and maybe when you switch out skills it remembers the last rune you use. Not game breaking so I don't see why not.TitanManX0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Pre-60 Nephalem valor I suggest creating a NV specific for pre-60 characters. Unlike the level 60 NV, these things increase exp %. What you think? Or tweaking it, maybe you should only provide to those who already have a level 60 characters and is playing another.Gijian1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 My take. I have never asked for a refund for a game up until I bought this game at the end of May. I lasted barely a week. Very disappointed. I honestly dont have the patience to deal with WAITING on patches to improve gameplay. Thats a joke. You have had plenty of time to test this game. I dont have many good things to say about your development team in charge of the design decisions in this game. Maybe 2 years from now IF this game still has any following it might actually hold a candle to d2. Maybe. I honestly believe you need to do some shuffling with your game design department. I do not see myself buying another blizzard product again. And.. i have warcraft 2-3+exp. Sc/bw d1/d2+lod. I was a grateful fan and i enjoyed your games. There are no words on how disappointed I am with how d3 turned out. I will gladly take my refund and my ball and go home.Husinator36 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 60 Inferno Wizard Looking For a Little Help:) Okay so I have been having trouble with act 2 for some reason.. idk why I mean I am a Wiz so I don't know why its so tough for me. But I have 32 k damage and 25k hp and I am looking for someone to help me out in any way possible.. Whimyshire runs would be nice. I have good MF set. Just add me if your interested my tag is Surfaholic#1807 I really appreciate anyone who has any advice or anything that could possibly help me out. :)surfaholic0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Next Week D3 Becomes Pay to Win "The Real Currency Auction House will be available at a later date. The Expected availability is 6/12/12." Lol PvPLeetzorr0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Dear Admin Yes, i realize you don't want to see another complaint thread. however, since you're not responding to any other posts, and have been eerily silent for quite some time, despite the fact that the patch has failed beyond words, can we ask for a rollback to before the patch? or, if someone could please keep us, your customers, updated on the status. right now i'm either being told the servers are too busy (which if they are, then you need to change the online only requirements, as you can't meet your end of the agreement we made), or that it couldn't switch my hero's and forces me back to log in. it's understandable that you don't want a thousand threads saying the same thing, but when you don't update us (again...your customer) dot dot dot please give us a status update on the patch. do you think it's working correctly? are you still having issues? does ice cream have bones? anything at this point would be better than silence.Bismarck6 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 I feel like Most of the d3 community is to blame for the game feeling so rushed. There are pages after pages of people saying release game! I wish they did not succumb to the cries of the people and finished the game before releasing it to the masses. I hope you learned from this blizzard and try to do differently with the next installment.xmikeyx10261 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Needs to be on G4/national news i think some how some way we need to pay our utmost respects on how bad this game ended up at launch to give the finger to blizzard some how. even though they will sit in their chairs and give it right back and say "WHOS GOTCHO MONEY FOOL!!"AngelOfPain3 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Richard A. Knaak RING A BELL BLIZZARD. i bet the author of diablo could make a better game than you guys could. fix your INFERNAL mistake and let the game be fun. ive spent 12 years waiting and took my vacation week off for this game. i should have went to the bahamas...AngelOfPain14 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Activision vs. Gaming Community Activision in the blue, gamers in the red. discussArokos0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Suggestion: Please have healers sell potions! There is a healer in every level - near a merchant who usually repairs items. Have them instantly heal you (instead of having to talk to them to "Receive a Blessing" - just have'em heal us!). Have them sell potions ... the highest available potions like the "tavern-keepers" do currently. Quality of life changes that will help improve the game! Hate having to run to find a merchant that sells potions when I run out - it's annoying.Clinton0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 sent item to stash, never recieved it. i purchased a ring for 250k and sent it to my stash but the ring never made it to my stash. Its been over 10 minutes and ive reloaded twice and rechecked the auction house idk what happened.Nick1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Real Money Auction House Can't wait to see how many idiots quit their jobs thinking they'll make a stable income in Diablo III.Starwind1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Diablo 3 will soon be P2P With the advent of RMAH, I'm guessing people will only sell the epic rares in RMAH, which means us non-RMAH users will never see these items... So I guess if we ever want the epic rares, we all are forced to use RMAH? Correct me if I'm wrong.SemperFi9 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Team of 4 all nighter, new characters Anybody down to stay up all night and make new characters and speed through the game?Steven1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Extend Nephalem Valor to Uniques and Events If the goal of nephalem valor is to get people to explore the game instead of rushing to kill the bosses a.s.a.p., then please allow killing uniques and completing events to reward players with nephalem valor. I love exploring the map, but as it is now, it's not very efficient or rewarding to do them when your time is better spent hunting down rares/champion packs to get/maintain five stacks for boss fights. As I see it, since uniques only have a chance to spawn, they're not super easy to farm, and some of them can be quite challenging in their own right. Same with the events. It'll allow for more varied play as players will now have more options and won't feel so tired of killing only rares/champions for the stacks. Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestion.Yennefer3 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Blizz how can u change items, this is not WoW I'm talking about the Attack speed nerf AND any other change Blizzard feels it can make in the future as it pleases. Ok, MILLIONS of gold spent but players on increased attack speed items aside, when people start paying REAL MONEY from the RMAH and you go nerf their items, possibly making their use redundant surely the community will simply lose all confidence in the system. Has a Dev ever addressed this yet?, I tried looking up this topic, all I found was QQ about the nerf.. I am looking for how the Dev's plan to instill confidence that when you buy an item.. it's not going to be made useless. If they can't do that .. well this game then becomes a gamble.. which items will stay godly, which will be nerfed?BOSS6 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Making a New Character Right now I'm a level 13 male Demon Hunter. If I make a new character, are there any differences in the missions or is the only difference in your attacks and equipment. Some variation would be nice.Starwind0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Share your bad Inferno experiences I'll start Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Just Beat Hell Just beat diablo on hell difficulty and got 3 blues 0 golds... thats stupid. Well, at least i didnt pay for this gameHerroprs9 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 stuttering when loading assets was there ever a fix discovered for this issue was there ever a response from blizzardw00dberry0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Comas in the sell tab Would anyone else like to see comas in the sell tab of the AH when you're typing in the gold amounts?Broken0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 why isnt there a pure black dye? it would be epic...Wolf0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 [DH] Glass cannon into Paper cannon I've been running with a high crit damage build with sharpshooter in act 4 inferno for a while. Last night I decided i hated Opressers charge one shotting me so much that i was going to try and discover what DH was supposed to be like on Inferno act 4. I was annoyed by the results. Luckily i had been gearing up my monk and was able to steal some of his high end gear. I got my physical resist to 1100 with all other resists at about 700. I maintained this with a 1h 900 dps xbow and a 1300 armor shield with 19% block. Dex sat at around 1400 (which i did not like) and about 47k HP. I thought hey this could actually work! I was wrong. The first few pulls went ok, i wasn't one shot by everything but i found that i still had to kite. All this while firing much slower and doing less dmg on crits. And mortal enemy showed up. Out of nowhere i was charged from off screen by an Opresser. I took a look at my health afterwards and was so enraged that i had to just quit game and get some sleep. The hit left me at 2k hp. Opressers have always caused problems for a glass cannon, but i figured that after i put on some defense i would be alright with taking 3-4 hits. What option do DH have other than a glass cannon build and just accepting that some mobs are the bane of our existence? Did i gear myself wrong? As an idea, i had the following: 53% dmg reduction from armor 84% physical reduction from resistance 33% dodge 19% block I am not going to go into the build because Blizz has said they don't want to pigeonhole a class to a certain build in order to play the game. I shouldn't have to keep shadow power up 24/7 in order to play in inferno while still having to kite. You cannot effectively prepare for mobs that insta charge from off screen.pharaoh4 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) is what i have to say about all these people who have gotten refunds, but are still hanging around to complain. seriously, it's starting to get on my nerves. (that's a table flip btw)Seraphin21 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Why is my dps so low I'm a monk with a 900 dmg 1h and I'm doing 20k with a 15% dmg buff. My buddy DH has a 1000 dmg 2h and is doing over 85k. He has a bit more dext than me but Jesus why the hell is it 4x higher. How is this game balanced for melee? I just don't get it.VELOCITY12 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 New Achievement Idea? Playing from launch, one of the things I've enjoyed doing is achievement hunting. Some of them have been fun, some difficult, some time consuming. There's one thing, however, that I'm very surprised there wasn't an achievement for... Achievement: The Emperor's New Clothes Description: Equipping a full set of dyeable gear dyed with Vanishing Dye. Did anybody else expect that to be there and was disappointed when it didn't pop? lol I thought that would be an obvious achievement to put in!CthulhuDawn3 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Group for 12:30PM EST, 50-60 Hell Run. Looking for some players to get together between 12:30-1AM EST, Level 50-60 to do a run through hell and just have some fun. Shoot me a PM I'll give you vent server info and we'll set up a time.Velo0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Diablo too short? Just finish the game and went to nightmare, but I'm disappointed at how short the game was.. Am I the only one who feel this way?Pong57 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Demon Hunter multiply shot problem I am find that when you are using multishot to kill mobs that are on step or higher then your are. The arrows just show straight ahead instead of hit the mobs above your charcater. I don't know if this is bug or glitch in the games targeting system.ace7001 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Every affix > Melee Besides Mortar, that's fine.Celera13 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 /worried Just was kicked from game. Said something about too many inputs. Then asked for authenticator when I logged back in. Hope all was thwarted and fine. But if this is the case it kinda sucks someone could kick you out of the game by attempting bad login attempts.Gorlath0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Maximus? More like Lacksius. What is the point of this legendary? It's a level 60 hunk of garbage. Here is Maximus that I found. Here is a grandfather I picked up for like dirt cheap on the AH I know, they both are still terrible to 1k+ DPS blues/whatever, but is there a reason why Maximus sucks so hard? It's like, the worst legendary I have seen at level 60. I know this Maximus dude killed 99 demons or whatever, but I'm pretty sure my grandmother could take him. What a jerk.Whiskey4 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 So why can we only specify 3 properties? (AH) Running a Monk that's focusing on Lightning Resist, and it's becoming a chore trying to pick up new upgrades from the AH. It's not the lack of items that's causing the issues, but the constraint of only being able to specify 3 stats for an item when searching. In my case, I'm looking for Vitality, Dexterity, All Resist, and Lightning Resist, but I'm only given the option to search for only 3 of those 4 stats, which means sifting through armors of those 3 criterion going through pages upon pages looking for items with a decent amount of the 4 stat. It would be one of those QoL things if we could search up to 6 different properties of items (I'm pretty sure that's the max an item can hold) instead of this 3 property blasphemy.Omgitsemzy2 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Mac users? Have you noticed any improvements in game play since patch 1.0.2b?DakIV8 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Add optional PIN and IP security please In pretty much every other online game I've played in the past few years they have had additional security with things like PIN login and optional IP verification and I don't see why they can't do the same here. I fully understand there are authenticators available for money, and the mobile one for free, however not everyone wants to pay extra money or has a smartphone, but would still like having the feeling that their account is secure. Like many others I was hacked about two weeks ago and I don't know what I did that might have caused that because I'm pretty careful, but I had a mobile authenticator attached and it didn't help. With the RMAH coming out soon I simply wouldn't feel comfortable buying stuff if I don't know my account is 100% secure, and having the added security would help.TealDawn0 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Blizzard please... Would you please consider a feature on your website to backup our characters in case of accidental deletion? I’ve finally reached lvl60, and in pondering the time I’ve invested I thought that’d be a worthwhile option to have. A restore without penalty in case maybe my son accidently deletes a characters, or say maybe a PO’d girlfriend :/Draklems5 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Quick question Why oh why, was I in act 2 inferno and ran out of potions and first off have to run all the way to that town to buy more potions if your not on belial quest. But i can deal with the tedious task of running into the city to buy. The issue i had was, not one potion vendor (bartender inculded) had frigging mythic potions. So why do the vendors even sell Runic potions in Inferno? Please explain this nonsense?.Karthorn1 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 D3 is Not Finished One of the easiest and oldest tricks in the book allows you to cancel your actions or even win your bids instantly if you do the reverse of it. Seriously Blizzard, what happened to you with D3? Not to mention delaying PvP. Fail release.KuhRayZee9 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Inferno Cleared - Final Thoughts So after many hours (143 to be exact, but I could have done it earlier since my gear didn't change at all for about 30 hours of gameplay), I have to say that Inferno was a very bumpy road. Despite the general opinions about Demon Hunters being easy-mode, Acts 3 and 4 were all about perfection; every hit meant death. Inferno definitely needs a lot of tuning, but it's definitely do-able by all classes. Melee are in a rough situation in terms of acquiring gear, but they seem to have a reasonable experience once that ridiculous gear threshold is met. As a Demon Hunter, I feel that our CC needs to be buffed. Despite SS being so good, I know a lot of us would like to use other defensive skills for a change. Regarding boss fights, I think Rakanoth and Izual are both a bit ridiculous. Rakanoth boiled down to a DPS race for me and perfect timing of SS to avoid his teleport instagib. Izual, and oppressors, need to have some kind of animation or warning for their charge attack; it really cheapens the experience. Also, I had to slow my DPS a LOT for Izual, because his AoE one-shotted me and he would sometimes do it before he even said the scripted quote that is usually spoken prior to the AoE. I only skipped a handful of champion mobs per act. The ones I skipped usually were packs of mobs with Invuln, fast, or vortex (combined with something like arcane). If I didn't have the ridiculous amount of dps, then I wouldn't have had a chance against most of the others, though - High DPS and SS. All in all... I thought Inferno was a bit cheap. The unavoidable mechanics combined with damage that can't be reasonably reduced made for a really frustrating experience. Screenshots:,TYaqP,T7s08#0 - Profile,TYaqP,T7s08#1 - Build for Diablo,TYaqP,T7s08#2 - DPSInvocation2 Jun 10, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Knockback shouldn't slow you! Being knocked back is enough ... I shouldn't be slowed down to a crawl for 5 seconds after every knockback. If you want me to be slowed, then make an affix for slow - don't put it on something else that already knocks me into mobs/out of position/into arcane beams/into desecration/fire/molten paths/plagues/mobs/etcClinton0 Jun 10, 2012