Lore and Story

Mar 27, 2014 [Spoilers]The aftermath of RoS Discussion So the Evils are let out of the soulstone and Malthael is defeated. I assume this means the Evils will be reborn from the black abyss, that's going to be an awkward reunion. Well, it's not like they liked each others beforehand anyways. Or are the others still a part of Diablo? ______________________________________________ Now the second and even more awkward reunion, Malthael will be reborn in the crystal arc, how will that end up? Do you think he will still be the Archangel of Death or will he be reborn anew as Wisdom, alongside all of his angelic buddies like Urzael? Despite everything they did they were still angels, or do anyone thing they will not be reborn? ______________________________________________ It's hinted at the end of the end cinematic that the Nephalem might get power hungry, with even Tyrael starting to worry. And lets be honest I read through the quest text during the mission and the hero seem to have a pretty big disdain for both angels and demons, viewing them just as bad as one another. How do you guys think that will pan out? Lore wise he/she is almost rivaling Uldyssian by now, if not already at the end of RoS. ______________________________________________ Imperius, oh dear Imperius, where you right all along? Anyways, the guy actually shows that despite him hating the Nephalem due to the threat he poses. He is at least now willing to fight alongside him, if only because he does not have the heart to fight his own brother. Maybe he mellowed out a little. Also his landing is overpowered, NERF. _______________________________________________ Also, there can't be many people left on Sanctuary after RoS. :PTasty12 Mar 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2014 New Archangel of Justice? http://i1.minus.com/jbfjKj2Wb1jaMY.PNG I know this was asked a few times but it feels kind of weird if the 3 main Archangels are gathering around the Black Soulstone and a normal angel is just there to photobomb. Surely that 4th angel at the back is important enough to be included in this screen. Anyone here has any theory lore-wise to who might this 4th angel be? Because I remember that all Aspects must be present. Now with Mathael gone and Tyrael taking over as the new Aspect of Wisdom, someone got to be the Aspect of Justice. Tyrael listed as Aspect of Wisdom in D3 wiki. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/ArchangelFateZero20 Mar 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2014 Age of the characters? I've been looking around a little without finding this. So i'm asking here: How old are the characters in Diablo3? Just wondering about the main playable characters. Both male and female version. Thank you!Centi2 Mar 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2014 So with the end of the expansion(Spoilers) We see Malthiel destroy the black soulstone and take in diablos soul. We kill Malthiel. Now. We know the blacksoul contains the souls of Andarial Duriel Mephisto Diablo Baal Belial Azmodan It's suggested that "Diablo is free now" Is it likely that all of the evils are free now? Obviously this only works if the story of Diablo 2 is retconned(which seems to be the case because Mephisto and Baal's soulstones were destroyed with their souls in them, the retcon being they were put into the black soulstone instead) I'd be interested in knowing if Diablo is whole with all of the evils inside him or if the evils have separated again into their individual being.Ulfheddin4 Mar 27, 2014
Mar 27, 2014 Did Imperius get a new voice in the xpac? Imperius sounds a bit different to me in the expansion. Just wondering if anyone else noticed. Still sounds badass though!Travmonster4 Mar 27, 2014
Mar 26, 2014 The Future of Diablo: Bright, or Bloody Chaos As we all atleast should know, Sanctuary was created, and along with it, man or the Nephalem was also created. Later Nereza uses the Worldstone (used to create Sanctuary) to weaken the Nephalem. In Diablo 1, three exceptionally talented warriors kill Diablo, with the warrior (Aidan) having jammed the soulstone into his head (how Cain never saw the dam thing in his head is left to speculation... As the ending cinematic for D1 shows him shoving it into his forehead). Aidan gets taken over eventually and D2 starts pretty much with more baddies getting out into Sanctuary, due to Baal's corrupting of the Worldstone atop Mount Arreat weakening the barrier between the Burning Hell and Sanctuary (apparently also implying that doing so also would have caused mankind to corrupt, shifting the eternal balance in Hell's favor). Baal, Mephisto, Duriel, and Andariel Dies, both Baal and Mephisto's soulstones are said to be broken, seemingly destroying them or banishing them from Sanctuary at least for a very long time. Also Diablo dies again. Lawl. This time around it's 7 heroes beating the baddies together. Come to Diablo 3. You're seemingly alone and suspiciously the only one with awakened Nephalem powers. You basically re-kill some enemies, like the Butcher and King Leoric, and kill Belial and Azmodan. You also kill Diablo, who's not the lord of terror, or a man, but a woman (demons have no gender, gender is indicated by that of the host) and what results of being Mega-evolution Diablo, with all the other prime evils in her belly. She kills heaven almost but dies, resulting in you re-killing all the other prime evils, including Ball and Mephisto somehow, despite them actually being banished back to hell... atleast mephisto, since you do that manually yourself in D2. So then Malthael arrives pretty soon after you kill Diablo and give Heaven the Black Soulstone. They get corrupted by it's presence slowly and Tyreal takes it and hides it away against their best wishes (even Imperius, but he sucks so it's okay). Malthael has Fallen Angel GPS so it's okay and he arrives to steal it. You go wreck him with probably Prime Evil powers in his angel body, pretty much making him a super god or whatever, but you still wreck his shizz anyways. What happens after that? You've kinda killed the only angel that's actually evil, and you're most likely able to destroy the Black Soulstone or something, or just hide it away again. Given how the main character is a Nephalem in D3, it stands to reason that others of the same age may be similar in that they could also be Nephalem. Even if not, any time skips forward would mean an increased occurrence of Nephalem in Sanctuary, more so than just 7 or 6 men and women. Given how the characters in D3 are more powerful than those in D2 and we learn the Worldstone was used to weaken humanity, but is destroyed in D2, it stands to reason the further the timeline advances from D2:LoD, the more Nephalem will appear. So what will happen In D4? Would a demon or angel remake the worldstone, try to kill humanity before their power gets to the point of literal galactic supremacy or would the game go into RTS form or MMO form? Personally they're interesting ideas IMHO. What do you guys think will happen in the future after RoS? Will the increased influx of Nephalem cause civil wars or total anarchy? Or is everyone a happy can of peaches? Mankind used to be the Nephalem. They're becoming the Nephalem again over time and slowly. Nephalem are like superheroes basically. What do you get when everyone is a Superhero?StormyFacade8 Mar 26, 2014
Mar 26, 2014 [SPOILERS] just realised something So we kill Malthael in RoS and i am wondering something. Does this mean a new Angel of Wisdom will be birthed from the Crystal Arch? Since everytime an angel dies, a replacement is birthed from the ArchBrandon268914 Mar 26, 2014
Mar 26, 2014 Question regarding the lore of Malthael In the Book of Cain it says that Malthael derives his wisdom from Chalad'ar, the Chalice of Wisdom. It also says that 'the chalice contains living light that can never be depleted.' It then goes on to say that Malthael resided in his area in the High Heavens named the Pools of Wisdom. Cain then says that he believes these pools are where Malthael draws to fill his chalice. My question is, why would he draw from these pools if the light in the chalice can not be depleted?Zinmatik4 Mar 26, 2014
Mar 26, 2014 I really like what you guys did with Kormac He is my favorite, thanks for taking care of him on RoS! Loved his dialogue too!Noomba0 Mar 26, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 Story of RoS So, what do you think about story and writing in RoS? I myself haven't played RoS yet, but I would like to know, without spoiler, if RoS improved in this aspect.Matius0 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 wasnt Mephisto smartest evil? if irecall it was said during D2 he was the smartest but if Leah was Diablo's goal to make him the Prime then he planned to be defeated in diablo 2(along with baal, andariel, duriel, mephisto, beliel and azmodan,) wouldnt that make him a super genious as he planned something that far in advance?Hotaru2519 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 What happened to Adria? (Spoilers) So she betrays you end of Act III and you have to go fight Leah who's host to Diablo (Although that plot point seemed to be coming from miles away). So we kill Diablo. Leah is forever dead in a sort of oh, ok. Sucks to be you moment. After we beat Diablo what happened to Adria? I don't recall fighting her and my DH swore all kinds of nasty vengeance over her betrayal. Possible expansion acts?Drogmir29 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 Are the still seven evils or just Diablo now? After the purpose of the black soul stone was reveled, we saw Diablo become the "Prime Evil". Now that Diablo was defeated, do the demon lord's souls revert to being seven different entities or just one singular entity which is Diablo? If they return to being seven evils and were free what would the other six do to diablo? even now are they fighting as seven entities?or is it just the prime evil now. I'm curious to what are your take on this.Bhisham28 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 Druid Necromancer Amazon What I WANT to know is what happen to druid necromancer that saved the world? ? and the amazon ? Druid and Necromancer and Amazon been lifted out what happen to them in the story line? Why only added only one new class to exp pack RoS? where, D2 LoD WAS 2 new Classes? How can you compare that to blizzards north work to today activation blizzard's standard's? Sorry I'm kinda mad there is just one new class and one new skill per class for an exp pack. But anyways what happen to them 3 classes?Vic4 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 25, 2014 Is Imperious just a punching bag? Spoilers In the game we see Imperious get beaten up by Tyrael and Diablo then he falls over after diablo reaches the arch. It's not really that cool to see someone who always seems to lose...well lose. It doesn't really seem to be a show of power. I know the book about him says something like "he is the most powerful angel", seems like Tyrael is/was. I also like how the angels are so weak that when diablo comes up there and they are all immediately impaled or corrupted. The rocket pack demons are too powerful....Kafka39 Mar 25, 2014
Mar 24, 2014 on soulstones Yeah it is a stone that holds a soul. I get that bit. So is it like a prison? Or a body. If the soul stone is destroyed/broken; Is the soul destroyed? Or released? I'm a bit confused about this part of diablo lore throughout the franchise. These soul stones seem to be more a source of problems than anything else. Are they kinda like that mirror they trapped general zod and the other bad guys from superman 2 that is floating around that releases them if broken? That is what it has been kinda seeming like. Then why try catch these guys in soul stones and leave the stones hanging around. Couldn't they put the stones in heaven in a vault or something? Or drop them down a volcano? Or hide them somewhere. Is there a way to kill these demon guys other than trapping them in those convenient toescape phantom zone things?Larry5 Mar 24, 2014
Mar 24, 2014 Black Soulstone is stable now? So... I was playing the story mode again and I've took my time to listen to all of the dialogues. One thing I've noticed was that ever since we put Belial in the Black Soulstone, the thing became unstable and Leah had to magically keep it in one piece. Funny thing is, Tyrael said that the Stone wasn't created to contain the souls of 7 lords of Hell and thus it must be destroyed shortly after we capture Azmodan. We all what happens next - the Black Soulstone was used to unleash Diablo upon the High Heavens, we killed the Prime Evil and so on... The thing that bugs me though is that I guess that the souls of the demon lords have returned to the Black Soulstone, right? I've heard that the reason Tyrael tried to hide the damned thing on Sanctuary was that the BS was corrupting the Heavens. This would only be possible if the 7 Evils were back inside the artifact, so I guess I'm right. So... If the demon lords are back inside the Black Soulstone, how come it's stable now? I mean, I guess it is because Tyrael puts in the vault in RoS intro without any sort of magical demon taming thing. When it had 6 evils inside (ACT III), it was unstable and even erupted with demonic rage. Now it has all 7 of the bad guys inside, possibly merged into the Prime Evil who in lore was possibly more powerful than all the seven evils combined (because all the evils are one inside him and do not fight one another) and it's suddenly stable. Why? My guess is that by defeating Diablo, we've weakened the souls trapped in the BS, but... Wouldn't they regain their power in time and once again threaten to break out from the stone? I don't know, but this whole thing just seems weird to me.Matt7 Mar 24, 2014
Mar 23, 2014 Tyrael is So Evil (SPOILERS) New to Diablo III. In my opinion, greatest game ever, BTW. However, I just wanted to put out my two cents here on the story. I know a lot of people complain about the story, but I am predicting Blizz is going to drop a bomb on us in the expansion. Honestly, an angel falls from the sky and his sword breaks, but that causes all sorts of destruction and mayhem? Really, Tyrael falling from the sky causes a plague to rip apart New Tristram -- decimating the town and turning the dead into zombies? There appears to be A LOT of fore-shadowing going on in this game. Zoltan tells us that Adria and Tyrael are just "using us" -- which, turns out at least in part to be true. Diablo restrains from killing Tyrael when he has the chance. Go back and watch the ending cinematic and look at Tyrael's eyes just as the light first hits them. Is it just me, or is there a "glimmer" of some dark shadow? Sorry folks, but this is NOT the arch angel Tyrael as we were led to believe. We still have not received a sufficient answer to exactly what happened at the destruction of the Worldstone. We have not seen Tyrael's REAL version of the events yet. As Blizzard starts getting geared up to announce the expansion, I expect we will learn more of this in bits and pieces. But, one thing is certain, Tyrael is not who he says he is -- that much as this point is clear.LordSauron63 Mar 23, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Heroes (Nephalem): Do we know their names? Do we know the names of our heroes? At the moment, I can only come up with the following: [F] Barbarian: Sonya (HotS - Unconfirmed) [M] Barbarian: Kehr (DIII Short Story - Unconfirmed) [F] Crusader: Anajinn (DIII Short Story - Confirmed) [M] Crusader: ... [F] Demon Hunter: Valla (DIII Short Story - Confirmed) [M] Demon Hunter: Josen (DIII Short Story - Unconfirmed - Personal Opinion) [F] Monk: ... [M] Monk: ... [F] Witch Doctor: ... [M] Witch Doctor: ... [F] Wizard: Li-Ming (DIII Short Story - Confirmed) [M] Wizard: ... Any opinions?Robert1 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Shadowfang Yes, you read that right. The sword that lured Izzual to his eventual capture at the Hellforge, and his corruption. The two handed counterpart to Azurewrath. But guess what? It's not here. It's. Not. HERE. Frustrated Izzuan is frustrated. In D2, I farmed and farmed to get both swords. And when I saw Azurewrath, I was sure Shadowfang would be here so I didnt check. Today I decided I wanted to see what they did to the old girl...and yeah. Blizz...bring my other favorite sword back!Izzuan2 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Diablo 3 ROS ending posted? spoiler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCr5Oq_DF74 I'm just going say that this is the ending for Diablo 3: ROS crusader story... Will there be an actual ending in CGI?.Matheyus11 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Imperius Malthael(spoilers) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCr5Oq_DF74 I'm surprised to see Imperius on mortals side I thought he will be with Malthael and we may fight him. Not sure what changed his mind about us but maybe the fallen angels (very curious if Malthael have a hand in them becoming fallen) are part of the reason? Since Malthael will 'die' do you think he will be reborn again from the crystal? He maybe death but in the end he is still an angel. Will he try to destroy humans again or try to understand them if he come back?Utam15 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Imperius is anything but angelic.... Characteristic of Lesser/Prime Evil Wants to destroy sanctuary. Uninfluenced by reason or compassion. Hell bent on destroying the opposing force. Arrogant. Characteristic of Imperius Wants to destroy sanctuary. Uninfluenced by reason or compassion. Hell bent on destroying the opposing force. Arrogant. Now I can understand that Imperius is the strongest angel in heaven, and therefore would be a little arrogant and perhaps pushy or bossy. However, Imperius appears to be more of a personification of evil than good. The only thing which makes him even remotely appear as 'good' is the fact that he is on heaven's side, killing demons. I am a little disappointed with this depiction. Angels were meant to be everything good about Anu, while the demons represent everything dark about Anu. Imperius is more like a dark side of Anu which was born in the wrong place.MetricTensor44 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 What happened to... The Druids and the Amazons. I tried looking it up on the wikis and such, but no information has been found. Did they the peoples survive the destruction of the world stone? I mean it would be awesome to see these cultures in action in the game, but just a simple nod to the peoples and nations. Anyone have any ideas? But I know this will be lost :*(Calnor0 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 Belial not in the Black Soulstone? Its probably been said before but does anyone else think Belial wasn't imprisoned in the black Soulstone? If this wasn't initially intended I think Blizzard should pursue this path at this point: This is the guy who convinced the other lords of hell to turn on the prime evils. He was pretty miserably written and he didn't display anything unique or particularly deserving of the "Lord of Lies." I mean there's Diablo who manipulated all the angels, demons, AND the humans into allowing him to become the prime evil. Mephisto who took over the church of the Zakarum and Baal was able to disguise himself as Tyrael in order to obtain his soulstone. So I don't see how he's any better than the other lords of hell at lying or manipulating. He yells "I cast off these petty illusions" and then proceeds to cast one massive illusion over the entire battle. Was any of it even real? Everything just reverts back to the way it was despite the fact that he was massive and smashing everything in sight. I don't care how powerful the Nephalem are, if Diablo actually had the power of all seven evils it would take more than what we did to defeat them.MrCoco4 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 22, 2014 is leahs soul still out there someware? there might be a small chance leahs soul still out there or is she just the real diablo disgused as leah or something else at act ll leah gets captured by imperail guards when we gone to the sewres she suddnley knows wares her mom is hmm strange...briannafight8 Mar 22, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 Is the lore compatible w/ the Monk's beliefs? Just curious for opinions, there's no right or wrong answers of course. I'm probably digging too deep here, but oh well. Our monk is nephalem, as we know. He/she comes into contact with Angels and Demons regularly in the game, visits the high heavens and has a very good idea of what the burning hells are like. And yet, he's zealous still for his own faith. Do the high heavens / burning hells have any sort of religious attachment in Sanctuary, or are they more or less viewed as a 'part' of existence and nothing more? I guess my example (without being specific, I don't want a flame war) would be if someone from one faith encountered 100% proof that a different faith is correct. How would they handle it? In summation: how do you think the diverse faiths of Sanctuary (like the Monk's) make sense of the events of the Diablo series? Or would there be no reaction at all?tastecourage8 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 So are crusader names gender neutral? So going by the general lore and the short story when a crusader picks up an apprentice they take their name, armor and identity when their master dies so they can carry on the crusade. So when they got together in the swamplands to train or do whatever they were doing they must of decided on gender neutral names right? I mean a female crusader could pick up an male apprentice and the crusader order does not seem to me to turn down those who want to take the oath. I mean Anajinn does not exactly sound like a female name to me its more neutral can a blue shed some light on this? Oh and the short story? Dem feels EVERYWHERE best short story in my opinion and I don't normally play paladin like characters since I normally find their background bland but the crusader? Daaam can't wait to start one I hope ROS has the same quality of writing as the crusader short story.shinros4 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 The Great Evils - One or Seven? I know that by this point, there is no concensus on this and prolly not even Blizz knows how they're going to treat this issue. My question is this, however. Seeing as Blizz has recently been doing a lot of slimming down when it comes to D3 story (basically all characters that were in some way tied directly to the story or personally present in D1 or D2 are dead or about to die except for Tyrael), I've been wondering whether we are ever going to see the Seven Evils again in their original form. Currently, the Black Soulstone holds the Seven (don't know what happens at the end of RoS), however, the last incarnation we saw of them was as united in the body of the Prime Evil. Now naturally, after the death of the Prime Evil, the souls will have separated again and exist as seven independent entities within the Soulstone. My problem, however, is escalation. In D1, we killed Diablo. A great achievement at the time. D2 took the whole thing to another level though, as we have killed two of the Lesser Evils, and butchered the Three as well. It felt like there was no new challenge to be had in D3, as the only surviving evils were the lesser ones (which is why I always believed D3 would not happen). Blizzard solved this by uniting all the Evils into one to create the sense of a greater challenge. Where do we go from here, though? Sure, the souls could be released by someone and the Seven could roam the world again (which I would be cool with, I'd like to see guys like Duriel in the new combat system and graphics). However, seeing as we have already killed all of the Seven, we even killed the Seven united in one body (even though it was just like fighting normal Diablo if you ask me), I am doubtful that Blizzard would see that as a worthy new challenge for us, seeing as we have killed them all before. Do you think we will ever see the Seven again on their own or is the Prime Evil the main baddie from now on and the Seven as we know them are gone forever?lMarcusl2 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 Wait what? Shattered Soulstone- doesnt look So im reading some lore today and it says from Diablo I that Diablo's "shattered" soulstone was driven into Leoric son's Albretch head when Lazarus brought him to the catacombs. What i dont get is ..first how is diablos spirit still within a shattered soulstone when it was "released" to influence Leoric?- and also at the end of Diablo I when Aiden shoves the stone into his head..it doesnt look like a "shattered" soulstone to me??Maverick6 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 The End of Days Prophecy - Explained Posting this in a new thread, because I see many people asking questions about the Prophecy. . . . And, at the End of Days, Wisdom shall be lost as Justice falls upon the world of men. Valor shall turn to Wrath - and all Hope will be swallowed by Despair. Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all - as Fate lies shattered forever. Wisdom shall be lost. Quite self explanatory if you know the lore. Malthael disappears after the shattering and corruption of the worldstone. Before the events of it being destroyed, and it being taken by Lilith and Inarius, the council started to notice a change already in Malthael. Once there was a time when Malthael spoke, you would become overwhelmed with feelings of pure wisdom. Towards the end of him being in the High Heavens, his voice instead turned to doubt. Anyone who listened upon him would be overcome with feelings of despair and death. Justice falls upon the world of men. I don't feel like this needs much explanation, Tyrael fell upon the world of men at the beginning of Diablo 3. Valor shall turn to Wrath A lot of people are saying that one single incident does not count as Imperius turning to Wrath, and I agree. But we do not yet know the complete implications of this next expansion. Imagine how Imperius is going to react when he finds out that Tyrael stone the Black Soulstone and now it has been taken by the Angel of Death, Malthael? Probably won't go over so well... Hope will be swallowed by Despair Again, simply a small event of Auriel being captured by Rakanoth. Well we can assume that this was the single event, we don't know if Auriel is suffering "after effects". Death, at last, shall spread its wings over all Disclaimer: Please note that the part about Trag'oul is purely speculation. Malthael becomes the Angel of Death. Why? It is hard to say for sure. When Malthael left the High Heavens it was rumored that he spent his wandering the halls of Pandemonium seeking the answers of life and death. While we will have no idea of what exactly he learned, we can make a few speculations. First of all, Trag'oul is the guardian of Pandemonium. Trag'oul is a serpent like dragon that was in charge of keeping the world in "balance". What this meant, is that Trag'oul was completely neutral, believing the neither the Heavens or Hells cause were more just. Trag'oul disappeared after the Sin Wars, but no one knows why. So what does this mean? It is possible that as a result of Evil being defeated, that Malthael was approached by Trag'oul, and charged with the mission of restoring balance to the world. This could explain how Malthael became his new powers, they were granted to him by Trag'oul. So what does THIS ALL MEAN? Well it is hard to say for sure, we can figure out a few scenarios though. 1. Trag'oul wants Malthael to consume the power of the Black Soulstone, and through that become the Prime Evil, those restoring "balance" to the world. 2. Malthael wants to wipe out EVERYONE. It is clear by his actions in the cinematic that Malthael does not care for anyone's life, and now feels that death is the only truth left in the world. (Sad to think about, but if there is ONE absolute truth we can guarantee in our lives, and thats death...) Fate lies shattered forever. While we can interrupt this part quite clearly, it does leave some things open-ended. Yes, we can more or likely assume that Ithereal is going to die. Some people are saying that this is referring to the Nephalem, but alas that cannot be true. The Nephalem are the opposite of Fate, as Ithereal explains in Act IV. Why is this? Most likely because the Nephalem were supposed to have been wiped out A LONG time ago, even before the events of the Sin War. So how could we exist to this date? And why don't we know how we are here? Many questions lie unanswered as to the mystery of us being Nephalem that I hope will get answsered soon. As for the expansion, expect some major twists, it is not in Blizzard history to not give us a good plot twist. If you have any questions feel free to ask, and I will answer them the best I can.Cloud5 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 captain rumford ok so there's that bit in act 4 after the hell rifts and before diablo where you fight izual and the keywarden is; in that areas around izual and where you see the keywarden they have those little ghosts of leah (which doesn't even make sense since she isn't even dead plothole lol) and marius (which was a cool shoutout imo), magdha. I think that was a cool little sequence/side thing, but why is captain rumford there? he's that guy you meet before you get in tristram right? I thought he was in the town later after you save cain/do other act 1 stuff and for that reason would presumably be "ok" as in still alive. was his death alluded to at all in anything in-game (like a journal entry or something?) because I must have totally missed itLarry5 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 21, 2014 DIablo books Were can I find the books? I have a few on my kindle but I do like to collect things and would like physical books at add to my massing collection. I could not find any way to find them on the site. https://us.battle.net/shop/en/ I don't really wish to buy them off ebay or amazon for more then blizzard is going to price them at.Stotek1 Mar 21, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 One vote saved us I know this has been discussed before but it bugs me everytime I hear Kulle say it. Humanity wasn't one vote away from extermination, there was only one for FOR extermination. Even if Malthael counted against us (which isn't how abstentions work) why don't Auriel & Itherael get credit for voting to spare humanity? The vote was 1/3/1 that isn't even close.Virgo4Ever14 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Imperius as the real end boss in ROS I think it would be cool if ROS has a trick ending, in which after we defeat Malthael, it is revealed that he was doing all this in collaboration with Imperius. Then after that we would have to defeat Imperius as a true ending to ROS or an expansion. Or maybe Malthael did what Adria did and used the black soulstone to combine the 7 Prime Evils with the souls of the archangels and Imperius back stabbed him and thus combined the 7 Prime Evils with the 5 archangels within him to become all powerful, and then we have to defeat this new supreme being. In defeating this supreme being, the end result would be the release of the 5 archangels, but at the cost of releasing the 7 prime evils as well. Having a story, or an expansion with Imperius' fall from grace would be fascinating to play.necromancer16 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Will we ever met al-Hazir? Or find his corpse. Seriously, he has to be the most prolific unseen character in Diablo 3. We hear about him a lot, but not what happened to him or where he was last seen. I'd like to meet him, or at least find his corpse (could have a gag where loads of paper flies out like Wirt with his gold).Liam3 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Crusader short story Can we expect a Crusader short story, just like the other classes got? I think that would be awesome!Rellik1 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Cutscene Previews for the Crusader I noticed that you have to re-unlock the cutscenes (which means playing through the game without auto-skip) in order to view them, but once you do, you can watch the versions for the Crusader as well. Not exactly spoilers, but it's something to check out if you're anticipating the expansion's new class and want a taste of their personality.Daybreak0 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 20, 2014 Next Diablo game story So I was thinking about if they ever make a D4 what the story should be. I think that it should not be a sequel. I mean honestly how many times can we keep killing Diablo and the other Evils of the Burning Hells? No story IMO could be good enough to explain how he comes back yet again. Instead I think it would be really cool to go backwards in time to the time when the Horadrim imprisoned The Three. It would be really cool to meet Tal Rasha and Zulton Kulle(when he was still good) and see that story. Yes technically they were all "mages" according to the lore but you can still be a armor wearing or weapon wielding mage. It would allow for a different take on the traditional classes since all of them wield magic in some form or another. Thoughts?Acebaur0 Mar 20, 2014
Mar 19, 2014 Diablo 2 Heroes Here's a question; do you think the Diablo 2 heroes had awakened a fragment of their nephalem heritage? It would make sense why they succeeded where the Diablo 1 heroes failed. Aidan, Blood Raven and Jazreth merely ventured through a bunch of catacombs and fought Diablo at his weakest, and it made Aidan too weak to resist the Soulstone, Blood Raven was apparently traumatized, and Jazreth went completely friggin nuts and thought he was Horazon. Point is those three couldn't handle a weak Diablo in a bunch of caves, while the Diablo 2 Heroes ventured through the Burning Hells themselves, destroyed a more or less fully restored Diablo and then when Baal popped up they were all "Sure, we're up for some more." Just saying it seems they were much tougher than the previous heroes, and were exceptionally skilled in general. I know the Worldstone was still around, so they couldn't rise to the level of the Diablo 3 heroes who're proper nephalem, but they must've been as close as they could possibly come while the thing was there.Liam7 Mar 19, 2014
Mar 19, 2014 Anyone else really not like Leah? (spoilers) I can't be the only one. I've seen a few forum posts about how they really liked Leah as a character, and wanted to see her come back in RoS. Granted, I've seen a few about how they don't want Leah back, but that was due to the fact that the Diablo series had always been fairly mature in making sure that dead characters stayed dead, and they didn't want that to change. Am I the only one who doesn't want to see Leah again because I kind of hated her? I mean in the beginning, her entire character basically amounted to harping on "crazy Uncle" Deckard for all his "nutty" stories (despite the strong amount of evidence pointing to Cain not being so crazy after all, not the least of which being the fact that Cain was pretty much always right.) Afterwards, she does a complete 180, constantly whining about how she took him for granted, and should've listened to him while she still had a chance, etc. etc. and then finally, she becomes Diablo. Nothing endearing, nothing that made me mourn her after she lost her soul or whatever, nothing. I can't be the only one who noticed this. As a matter of fact, I don't see how anyone actually liked her, let alone would want to see her return.Lous121015 Mar 19, 2014
Mar 18, 2014 So we've seen In D3 we've seen Adria, Asheara and some other characters from diablo 1 and 2 (like dead warriv :P) Will we be seeing more? Maybe Jheyrin? Ormus? Natalya? Akara?Thebas3 Mar 18, 2014
Mar 17, 2014 Angel of Death choices My biggest problem with the theory of RoS is the writers choice to use the angel of wisdom as "Death". Lets go over the Angiris Imperius - Valor Auriel - Hope Tyrael - Justice Itheraell - Fate Malthael - Wisdom Of those titles, which angel is fir to be death? I'll tell you what, its not flipping wisdom. Itherael guides you around heaven and basically tells you what to do and where to go, offering guidance. What angel titles does that sound like? It's not fate. Granted, RoS isn't out, we don't have a fully developed story line or character for Malthael yet. From the out set, this looks like a complete and utter over sight from the writers. I'll concede that Fate = Death is the stereotypical choice and the writers can do what they see fit with their story. That doesn't change the fact that this seems like an obvious error. I hope that Malthael being the former leader of the Angiris Council is really heavily stated in RoS because it took me research on a wiki to find that out. Kinda changes the feel of the expansion from "the nerdy angel went mad and is killing people" to former King of all Angels goes evil and is gonna blow up the planet. TL-DR, Angel of fate is not death? What?Vycaus2 Mar 17, 2014
Mar 17, 2014 Why is Diablo in HotS male? While I prefer our nostalgic Diablo in his own games, I actually feel his out dated and bulky model is a worse choice for the moba genre. Gender aside I like the slender more alien queen physic of the newer model as well as it looks more detailed in game, would probably have a better hitbox and better styled moves. It just baffles me at all the hate they took for the feminine styled lord of terror, went through with it, and now has backed off to the more well liked male style but didn't update the model much. Unless they plan on the infinite crises approach and make different versions of certain characters, like Kerrigan and Diablo. Starcraft is my personal favorite blizzard game but in heroes Diablo definitely takes my cake, just wondering why they went with D2 Diablo and all D3 for every other Diablo representations, as if a slender figure cant be a bruiser/fighter/tank.HubenDraknir9 Mar 17, 2014
Mar 17, 2014 So can an Archangel die? Permanently that is. I read somewhere that when Malthael is defeated, he will just be reborn from the crystal arch since he represents an undying aspect of Anu.Kazejin13 Mar 17, 2014
Mar 16, 2014 Wizard-Old Master, Isendra or Valthek? "if my old masters could see me now" I wonder who she referring it to, At first I thought it was 'Isendra', the sorcerer from D2. But then, perhaps she mean 'Valthek', the master of the mage clans of the Yshari Sanctum. I wish she's referring to Isendra tho :( not that old man who sent an assassin to killed IsendraZervo3 Mar 16, 2014
Mar 16, 2014 Realm of Shadow Think this location will ever appear again? It seems to be a bit of an anomaly, since until now we've only heard of Heaven, Hell, Sanctuary, and Pandemonium. Maybe you include the pocket dimension of Horazon (Arcane Sanctuary) in that list as well. But an elemental realm seems odd, but potentially interesting.Liam2 Mar 16, 2014
Mar 16, 2014 Layam patches plot holes. Incoming speculation from the big giant head. In no specific order! 1.) Leah and believing in the undead but not demons. The undead have a strong modern presence in Sanctuary. Even when there are no hell lords trying to take over the world, there have been stories of wandering undead and restless spirits. But in general people who go up against demons generally go insane after and die. Seriously is there anyone from Old Tristram still alive? Even the citizens saw were the undead roaming, never what was in the deeper dungeons. Even taking account the Fallen, they don't seem anything near the threat level a Diablo and such poses. The Fallen might be called demons, but Fallen shaman have never been more than a regional threat, nothing world ending like Deckard Cain originally suggests. 2.) Why did Tyrael become mortal? It was meant to both shock his brethren into action and fight to protect humanity and other mortals and it was an ultimate act of resignation in protest. Tyrael had no choice but to put all his chips on humanity, even if he was still a full Archangel he couldn't stop Prime Diablo, nor did he have a host of angels strong enough to directly war with Azmodan. That and it might've elicited the wrath of the Angris Council on Sanctuary, due to Tyrael's criminal behavior(Interfering with Humanity) On the first part, the shock attempt, it obviously failed, Tyrael has a strong history at failure ideas. From Izual, to the Soulstones, to trapping Tal'Rasha and assuming it wouldn't need some eternal watch, to abandoning Marius to keep Baal's soulstone, to allow the world stone to be corrupted at all. Soon as the he knew the world stone was under threat, he should've called in the Angris Council. Tyrael never really fixes anything, throughout his history in the Diablo franchise, it's always his Horadrim making the sacrifice plays. 3.) Why not pound the Black Soulstone on the Hellforge? The two people who knew anything about the Black Soulstone were evil as evil gets for humans. With no trusted source of information, they didn't want to risk starting the eternal conflict again. Those are the three I could think of, if you have more plotholes, I'll fill them for you!Layam7 Mar 16, 2014
Mar 14, 2014 The Story of Farnham the Drunk Many many years ago, Tristram paid host to countless adventurers. Gillian and Ogden become local legend and good ol Griswold kept everyone safe with his mastery of steel. Until one day... An elderly man came to town, cloaked and shrouded in mystery. He ordered milk and sat outside alone, spouting curses and rambling whimsical nonsense as if the air around him commanded an orchestra of crude glances, hand gestures, and spit ridden words. Seething with an uncontrollable desire for milk, he lay alone, south of the well, in hiding. Some time went by and everyone called this man Farnham the Drunk, because, well, he was mad for the lactose and sweet white nectar harvested from what he believed to be the Cow King. One morning, awoken from a stupor, Farnham stumbled to the river when he heard strange and horrifying noises coming from across the river and north from him. Pish posh, slosh and slap went the water as he crossed and made his way to the other side. He peered, deep into the misty clearing to find a small hut, brimming with a powerful aura. Cool sweat gave way to clammy hands and a thirst for the drink of the gods, but Farnham in a panic, reached, searched and was unable to find his flask. Tears flowed and he began to mutter when he noticed for the quickest of glances a horned, white and black figure in the distance. Could this be, the master is that you, Farnham thought. Intrigued he plunged forward within eye shot of the window of the shack and spied a women and another figure, the horned one. Climbing to his feet, Farnham, clenching his fists, raised up to the window sill to see a hideous demon, prancing around in a cow suit, singing to Adria, the witch of Tristram a horrible, ghastly tune, known only as mockery. A tone ol Farnham was well familiar with. He shouted at the figure, you listen here ugly, that cow did noting to you and your going to pay for what you did. Before he could unsheath his Dagger of the Pit, the parading demon held up a bottle of milk and poured it on the ground, fiendishly, cackling and pointed at Farnham as the last drop hit the dirt beneath him. Seconds later Adria turned towards him, smiled and said, Farnham, I am sorry dear, I killed your master and soon all of Tristram will know my wrath, all the milk will dry up and soon I shall be queen of the damned and rule this pathetic backwater filled with serfs and dead villagers. Farnham, tears flowing, in disbelief and shock, raised both arms, belted out hideous cry's and ran, he ran as far as the cathedral and witness all the cows, gone. He passed Gillian, Ogden and even the heroes house and kept going, for a mere 25 yards back to his rock next a small copse of trees. Throwing his beloved flask aside, he peered into a new vessel, a container for glory and muttered "this isn't the last of Farnham, the Wise" It was at this point, Game Director Jay Wilson said: "Thats a job well done people, this round is on me"Abyss4 Mar 14, 2014
Mar 12, 2014 Diablo 2 scarier than 3? I remember when playing Diablo 2, you really felt uneasy and dying had bad consequences. It just feels like D3 dosnt have as many consequences from dying. D3 just feels...easier...and not in the have a panic attack when you are about to die sort of way.Dylpex3 Mar 12, 2014