Lore and Story

Feb 12, 2014 Tyrael is Very Irresponsible (Spoilers) Does anyone else hate the way they handled forcing the final diablo fight solo? Tyrael goes "this final trial is yours alone, Nephalem" or something alone those lines. Really, Tyrael? The fate of all mankind and of heaven is at stake, but you're concerned about poetic justice so you send me to fight the prime evil alone? He shoulda come into the spire with me then gotten trapped just like my follower, or something more graceful.Frood5 Feb 12, 2014
Feb 12, 2014 Thieves Guild revisit since we got beta now. hi all, i dont have access to beta now, so i was looking for info on the net for the thieves guild. i couldnt really find any decisive answers on wether or not it will be introduced in this expansion or not. for those of you that have beta access, and are into lore, is there any info that you came across that indicates the thieves guild, or that there will be a quest for this past game reference. valerie waltros, i think thats her name, indicated that we will see this in the expansion at blizzcon lore panel, but she didnt say where we would see it. the reason i am inquiring into this is that i want to make some fan stuff that revolves around the thieves guild, and if they actually have it in ros right now, i dont want to create something of my own if there is some concrete story in game that i can further work from and be more correctish. like say they have true names of the head of the thieves guild, i dont want to create a head of the guild, then look wrong in my creation after the fact comes out. thanks for any incite and information.JCMonkey2 Feb 12, 2014
Feb 12, 2014 Big suggestion for Diablo 3's future lore We've seen how an angel can forsake their law abiding nature (Tyrael), and become something entirely different an new. What about demons? I'm sitting here looking at the christmas art for a fallen child with a fallen pup, and wishing there was a possibility for a good demon. Sounds childish and silly on one hand... But very touching and uplifting on another. Why not introduce a series of demons rebelling against their nature and calling them "The Redeemed". What could bring upon this change? What could deliver demons from their inherently wicked nature? Just plain free will such as Tyrael's case? Tyrael saw it impossible to sit idly by. So why should all demons NEED to do things like murder innocents and start wars? Isn't that a bit redundant as well?Branch77x75 Feb 12, 2014
Feb 10, 2014 cain lives (spoilerz) he still reads the bestiary entries after his supposed death and he's like a main supporting character. that would be if like if they made a star wars without r2d2. or a lotr without gandalf.Larry1 Feb 10, 2014
Feb 7, 2014 It took 20 years for Tyreal to reform What happened to the heavens with him missing? When the Aspect of Hope is captured in Act IV Tyreal and, I assume, most of heaven feel that loss of hope. Do the angels lose entire aspects of themselves if the representative angel is gone/missing? Even the humans, in the keep, seem to have no hope. Only the nephalem does. Do they lose wisdom without Malthael? What do they lose for 20 years without Justice? What kinds of scars did that create?Jhaman4 Feb 7, 2014
Feb 7, 2014 Role of Imperius in RoS? So Malthael is indeed the primary antagonist of the upcoming expansion... so where does that leave Imperius? I don't think Blizzard would have consecutive expansions revolve around two fallen angels, so either Imperius is relegated to the role of a lesser boss, or perhaps becomes an unlikely ally. Maybe Imperius confronts the Nephalem 2/3 of the way through the expansion and mentions something about some unfinished business. The Nephalem beats Imperius within an inch of his life, and suddenly Imperius pleads with the Nephalem to stop the fight. He comes to the realization that the path he has taken always was extremely dangerous, and was always one impulsive decision away from destroying both Sanctuary and the High Heavens. He accepts the existence of the Nephalem as something far more positive, and pledges his assistance in corralling his rogue brother Malthael.fobabett11 Feb 7, 2014
Feb 4, 2014 How could MalThael become the Angel of Death? Ok the real topic is, is there an aspect for everything? -_- and if he's the angel of death, where did he get this from? we see tyrael got it from heaven, did he get this from hell? did he just decide this by himself and suddenly transformed into it?JohnsMeade17 Feb 4, 2014
Jan 28, 2014 What happens with imperius after the prime evil was... defeated? he still hates humans? he is mathael enemy or ally?acid80006 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 25, 2014 How did Cain survive the fall? Everytime I watch this amazingly beautiful cinematic, I'm like: "How did he survive that fall?" He doesn't have powers. And the fall was long, in a hellfire pit from the impact of an archangel falling from the sky. I mean, c'mon. All those people working at Blizzard and no one to say: "Hey... that doesn't make any sense at all. We should write it differently." Or maybe someone can explain it to me?bearr14 Jan 25, 2014
Jan 24, 2014 What are the shadow beasts that a DH summons? Could these be demonic spirits that were liberated by the paladin in Diablo 2? The paladin had a redemption aura that redeemed the souls of the dead. Once a demon is free, they can choose between good and evil like any other intelligent being can. Some of these demonic spirits may have chosen to be good, and would be looking for some way to fight against their former masters. Due to their demonic origin, they would still be beings of darkness, hence their shadowy appearance. The ones that chose evil would just return to Hell, and the ones that became neutral would just wander.Starblazer8 Jan 24, 2014
Jan 23, 2014 Hero disappears in Cain's house when Cain die Well, this is old. I started to play the game from start again. And this comes to mind. Why the hero disappeared when he/she entered the Cain's house when Magda was there to kill Cain? The hero entered the house so he/she should stop them, right? Your hero was there, but in the cutscene, the hero just disappeared.Larse4 Jan 23, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 I like the gothic direction [sorry for my English] I've been playing D1 and D2 and, lately, D3. I <sarcasm on> really enjoy the continuation of that gothic experience. D3, worthy succesor, it is ... The bestest thing, however, in this gritty medieval world, is the new loot -> voila: Party legendary: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeEJtKjCUAELXS9.jpg (particulary: https://twitter.com/deadmau5/status/423632332570902528) Great thinking. This will save the game. Thank you Blizzard, esp. game designers. PS. Perhaps you can make this game even more epic: - body armor -> http://goo.gl/LxoHeC - main hand weapon -> http://goo.gl/g71YzI - off hand -> http://goo.gl/eQvDNl - and, OF COURSE, LEGENDARY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8Pikoslav0 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Why are the characters so badly developed? I just completed the game on normal difficulty for the first time. I like the gameplay, it's a solid game. But what's the deal with the characters? Every villain has the same personality! They are all very confident, they speak only in absolutes, they are surely going to crush you and the world will burn...yada yada. Every one says the same things. Of course the female one is the only one who is a bit sexual, but she also spouts this supreme confidence in your demise. What is this? A joke? I certainly had to laugh every time i met one of these fellows, but i don't think that was intended. I can only imagine why Blizzard created such lame and stereotypical characters, but i suspect some marketing wiz told them that people love this kinds of villains. You can see them in most big budget movies. They are all the same. You can switch Khan from the latest Star Trek movie with any boss in Diablo 3 and you wouldn't notice the difference. "The world will burn, fear me, i'm so uber". If Blizzard truly want to make a better game for the sequel, i suggest reading a book on storytelling, or simply base characters off of real people. I understand these aren't just real people but deamons and gods and whatnot. But they do have most human characteristics. This way they don't have to create all these pointless mcguffins that serve no meaning, and have no emotional components whatsoever. Any good story is enhanced and usually starts with interesting characters. But an interesting character is someone with a personality. being boastfull with a barritone voice is not very interesting. How about a sickly, thin, cowardly, geezer, yet ruthless and dangerous? A much more interesting form for one of the evils. Or a monstrous giant baby, who acts like a baby? Anyone can be powerful, you don't need to be some blowhard to be antagonizing. Maybe the idea is that we all want to kill such people, such fatherly figures, an oedipus complex? In any case I feel it's sloppy writing. To the writers and those in charge, I recommend the book "The art of dramatic writing" by Lajos Egri. Constructing an interesting character is a mix of psychology(desires, temprament etc) and sociology(upbringing, environment). Or you can just throw a dice on some myers briggs personality test and take whatever personality it lands on. anything would be better. Because, whatever that marketing wiz said about how you create villains, the kids will still buy this game regardless.Mercutio4 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 19, 2014 who lives in the Heretic Abode? Want to know who lives there, cuz i highly doubt that priest malachi lives there ._. it would be so creepy and strange O.o any ideas? do you guys are also curious? some lore for the ubers would be nice....cuz they're not the same cahracters..i mean...In infernal machine, the monster that uses the model of "zoltun kulle" is the Undying one... i think they are special mosnters with the aesthetic similar to the main characters not them, reborn. what do you think?Thanatos7 Jan 19, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 So bartuc the bloody isn't Bartuc the warlord Of blood? Is bartuc from the book the bartuc in d2? Also did legacy of blood take place before or after d2?Padain7 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 16, 2014 Is imperius dead after diablo 3?? I just want to know if imperius died after that blast of wave that happens in act IV b4 we go in to fight diablo, seriosly i think he is the best caracter in all of diablo he is valor incorporated with a bit of pride which both are almost similar and «walk and to hand», cus i think he should die like that at least make him a boss or something if ur gonna kill him, he was just wounded in the cinematic, and after u beat diablo the other 2 angels appear the one of hope and fate i think!!! so why didnt imperius appear in the last cinematic, at least tyreal could say something like RIP imperius he was the strongest archangel!!! he is really badass, he is the only caracter who is actually cooler than a barb full armored killing waves of demons, mostly because he does that too!!!!LoliLover80 Jan 16, 2014
Jan 15, 2014 spoiler warning: leah So is she still alive? I guess diablo didnt into the soul gem. Actually im not sire what happened with the gem it looks like leahablo ate it but then ya kill diablo and he falls off of heaven so that's pretty far from an official "he's dead jim"-able event as far as a guy who lends his name to the franchise and has been canonically killed and jammed inside rocks before... So is leah still alive? Or was leah actually diablo all along? (I get that wasnt explicitly stated but what if that's the real twist that adria didnt even know that she wasnt a baby but diablo was hiding all along and d2 diablo was a fake Just a few thoughts. Anybody know?Larry4 Jan 15, 2014
Jan 14, 2014 The Storm of Light Will it be available in hardback or just paperback?Peugas1 Jan 14, 2014
Jan 6, 2014 the soul of mephisto was destroyed during D2 how can the black soulstone by zoltan kulle get all the souls of all the prime + lesser evils ? Mephisto soul was destroyed during a quest in D2, Andarial was killed in D2 Duriel was killed in D2 Baal is killed in D2 Only 2 lesser evils was absorbed by Leah-Diablo, which are Belial and Azmodan... Therefore, Leah-Diablo is not fully uber prime evil..... did I missed something here ? Please advise.SILVERWEST1 Jan 6, 2014
Jan 6, 2014 Why can't the story be patched? By far, one of the worst parts of Diablo 3 is pathetic story and plot. Every time I see Magdha, Belial, or Diablo him(her?)self it's nothing but a cringe-fest. Blizzard has the resources to correct this problem, why didn't? What the hell am I saying, this game made tons of money off it's name alone, the genius that came up with the title," Diablo III" probably got a raise. Blizzard needs to understand that they can only cash in on nostalgia so many times...MrBigBalls6 Jan 6, 2014
Dec 29, 2013 leah's father... some story blackhole? i kind posted it under a different subforum but you can look at it here. if you are an admin, please transfer the thread here. thanks! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354993/alunsina1 Dec 29, 2013
Dec 27, 2013 Mephisto, Lord of Hatred In honor of the recent Design a Legendary series I decided take a look at the lore behind the demon lord everyone loves to hate, Mephisto. http://www.blizzpro.com/blog/2013/12/22/ortsol-mephisto-lord-of-hatred/Neinball2 Dec 27, 2013
Dec 26, 2013 The Alignments of Sanctuary To piggyback off of: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10311851493 I found this topic interesting but wanted to expand it to all of sanctuary while adding descriptions Heres my opinion: Classes: Barbarian - Neutral Good While the Barbarian of Diablo 2 would be chaotic good the Barbarian of Diablo 3 seems to be open to opinions of others and listens to others all while pushing foward to complete his goal of stopping Diablo. Witch Doctor - Chaotic Good The Wicth Doctor does what he needs to in order to stop evil, even if it means killing others that get in his way. Similair to the Diablo 2 Necromancer he is good at heart but misunderstood due to how close to the edge of good and evil he will go in order to stop evil. Monk - Lawful Good The Monk has a strict order that he/she follows and does not stray or bend thier will for others. Like the Diablo 2 Paladin the Monk uses thier willpower to enchance thier skills and fighting prowess. Wizard - Chaotic Good The Wizard is like the cat that plays with the mouse before ti devours it. Like the Sorceress in Diablo 2 the Wizard uses thier arcane magic to destroy anything in thier path, in this case, any demon in thier path to Diablo. Demon Hunter - Neutral Good The Demon Hunter uses thier wits to hunt the demons and stop Diablo. With the phsycial skills of the Diablo 2 Amazon but the mindset of the Assassin the Demon Hunter doesnt take sides Angels: Tyreal(Aspect of Wisdom, Former Archangel of Justice) - Chaotic Good The angel that will break any rule for justice. Even if it meant renoucing his angelic status to put all faith in humanity. Auriel(Archangel of Hope) - True Neutral With the brightest light of all angels, she is there for all who need her. Mathleal(Aspect of Death, former Archangel of Wisdom) - True Neutral Truly existing to keep balance, he has transcended from Wisdom to Death, the great equilizer. Even Tyreal's Eldruin could not penetrate him for he had no unjust intentions in stealing the Black Soulstone, and when he saw that Tyreal had not been tainted by evil, he spared him unlike the souls of the Horadrim. Ithereal(Archangel of Fate) - True Neutral Only acting as an observer of things he chooses not to interfere in what he sees unchanging. Imperius (Archangel of Valor) - Chaotic Neutral Furious and Venegeful it is hard to tell if he has any good intensions at all, but only to uphold the High Heavens from any threat. Lords of Hell:\ Diablo(Lord of Terror) - Chaotic Evil Being the strongest of all evil and terror itself Diablo is relentless in carrying out his master plan/ Mephisto(Lord of Hate) - Lawful Evil The Eldest Evil and possible the leader of Hell, he hates all things, demons, angels and humans alike. Being this he manipulates those and gets pleasure from instigating wars among all Creation. Baal(Lord of Destruction) - Neutral Evil He only enjoys the destruction of things and once he was set on corrupting the Worldstone, he let nobody stop him. Belial(Lord of Lies) - Lawful Evil Like a lesser form of Mephisto, Belial manipulates others in his web of lies, and was responsible for the uprising of the lesser Evils in the Sin Wars. Azmodan(Lord of Sin) - Chaotic Evil Like a lesser form of Diablo he in fierce and relentless in his goals in revealing that all Creation is Sin and that he is the ruler of All. Duriel(Lord of Pain) - Neutral Evil Even though he had a part in the Dark Exile he eventually sided witht he Brothers in Guarding the tomb of Tal Rasha where Tyreal was imprisoned after Diablo freed Baal. Andariel(Lord of Anguish) - Nuetral Evil Like her twin duriel, Andariel took part in the Dark Exile but then sided with the Prime Evils in guarding the way to Diablo on his conquest. I would like to know what you all think about my assessment aswell as yuour own opinions Feel free to add characters from Santuary! TLDR; The Heores(Classes/Nephalem) are GOOD The Angels are mainly NEUTRAL The Lords of Hell are EVILKamJAM880 Dec 26, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 Storm of Light Hey, Does anyone know if the book "Storm of Light" by Nate Kenyon is or will be available in hardcover? Thanks in advance.Akifini3 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 24, 2013 Expansion: Leah stay dead! I finally got around to watching all the collector's edition content and based on that I've got the distinct impression that ya'll are thinking about bringing Leah back in an expansion. Please don't! One of the things I always loved about this universe is the mature and morose theme. Good people die in the real world and without cause. Not everyone can be saved and justice isn't always served. Maybe you can do something where we rescue her soul from hellish torment; but, I'd rather have her sequel surrounded by a theme of vengeance. We cant get her back but we can sure as hell make the one responsible pay. I'm thinking stories along the great tradition of gritty, dark revenge such as: Death Wish, Kill Bill, Edge of Darkness, Man on Fire, etc. Our heroes, undoubtedly changed by their exposure to the evils, return to hunt down the witch Adria... a one way road....to hell.Kell45 Dec 24, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 The Crusaders, Part 8. Why do they do that? So I was wondering about that crusader apprentices, if the master dies, they do take his/her armor, take the place in the order and even his/her name. And I don't understand. They are doing it now for 200 years and I wonder why. Anyways, does this also mean that one female crusader master only takes a female apprentice? I mean it could be hard to for a male apprentice to run around in female armor and a female name...MrHill1 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 19, 2013 The Next Chapter: A Comprehensive Analysis This is a comprehensive analysis giving brief details about characters, factions, or other entities that have not been tied yet and could grow into a plot device in a future expansion, game, or novel. Although I tried my best to make this complete and accurate, it is undoubtedly not so. If you think that there is something that is left out, incorrect, can be expanded upon or improved on in any way, please comment. For further detail on any subject, please feel free to ask in the thread or refer to one or more of the following: Most Canonical / Reliable Diablo III: Reaper of Souls The Book of Tyrael Diablo III The Order Sword of Justice The Book of Cain Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls The Sin War Trilogy Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Diablo II: Lord of Destruction Manual Diablo II Diablo II Manual Diablo Diablo Manual Diablo II: Diablerie Diablo II: To Hell and Back Diablo II: The Awakening Diablo II: The Bloodstone Tomb The Moon of the Spider Diablo: Tales of Sanctuary The Kingdom of Shadow The Black Road The Legacy of Blood Demonsbane Various websites / wikis Inanimate Objects Politicians Diablo: Hellfire Least Canonical / ReliableChris26 Dec 19, 2013
Dec 17, 2013 Michael and Imperius We can assume Michael is Imperius...dose this mean we may see him on our side? Edit: typoUtam14 Dec 17, 2013
Dec 13, 2013 7 Lords coming back? Bare with me if this has been answered somewhere in the lore as i only have a basic understanding of it so far. Is there any chance that all 7 lords could come back?Handies7 Dec 13, 2013
Dec 5, 2013 What are the alignments of the classes? My best guesses are as follows: Monk: Lawful Good Demon Hunter: Good Wizard: Chaotic Good Witch Doctor: Good Barbarian: Neutral GoodStarblazer44 Dec 5, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 is diablo really dead? if you see during the realm of terror fight, 2nd phase, look at the ground closely. there are many arcane magic symbols drawn on the ground. and you were fighting shadow of diablo, terror phantasm. phantasm means illusion. you were fighting a shadow/clone/illusion of diablo. that is what is in his realm of terror. all illusions. at the end of the fight in the last phase, when diablo dies, you see the exact same symbol glowing red beneath diablo's feet. the same symbol covering the floor of his realm of terror. has diablo really died? or was that just his illusion? also if you read the things diablo said during the entire act 4, he said this: "The hell rifts are closed, but it is of no matter. Soon there will be nothing left of these High Heavens. All creation will be the Realm of Terror!" everywhere will be the realm of terror...everywhere will be a playground for his illusions to strike fear in everyone...did diablo succeed? is everything that we are seeing now an illusion? http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/DiabloEremiteAngel7 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 Treasure Goblins and You In Act 1 there is a lore book that you can find and it talks about goblin portals. Something along the lines of villagers believing the portals lead to the Lord of Greeds lair. I can't wait to see if we can fight him in RoS. It would be quite ironic with the removal of the rmah/ah ;)Haze1 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 Difficulty story repetition I was thinking about the repetition of story based on difficulty and I thought hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a reason why i'm playing the same story over again and if there were subtle changes to the story based on difficulty. For instance, when you get to the end of normal, after you kill diablo, something happens that makes you start over at a harder difficulty like. ex. A third party evil character sees that you killed diablo is like "oh snap! ok im going ot rewind time to the beginning, but this time im going to make the forces of evil more powerful!" and the nephalem gets sucked into the time warp portals retaining all levels gear, and gold. thus explaining the higher level loot and the reason why the story repeats, and each time the story repeats something different happens, something slight and hard to see unless you're really looking for it. I understand Blizzard did this to add length to the game without having to waste extra time a resources on story, but still I think this would've allowed them to do and made more interesting. tl; dr it would be cool if there was a reason why the story repeats but the difficulty gets harder.Daphatti6 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 Heroes of the Storm Info http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us This page shows, Diablo, the female demon hunter, and male witch doctor will be included. It also shows their actual names, Valla and !@#$ba respectively. Valla was the name used the pre-release demon hunter short, right? Have we ever heard %^-*ba before? I don't read any of the books (mostly just the lore on the wiki), so this might just be an obvious I'm late catching up on. EDIT: For some reason the WD name keeps getting edited? EDIT 2: Haha. Figured it out. The first half the name is getting edited.Wheresmymind5 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 My Predictions on RoS' Story Note: This was part of a much more long winded post in the RoS forum. I'm assuming all of the back story I cited in that post is unnecessary on this forum. It's my theory that Malthael regained all of his powers as aspect of wisdom when the World Stone was altered at the end of the Sin War. He realized a few important things: 1. Mortals have within them both good (angelic influence) and evil (demonic influence) therefor there was no predicting their allegiances. 2. The potential contained within humanity (Nephalem) was powerful enough to upset the natural balance of the Eternal Conflict. 3. Mortals would need to be destroyed. This would all definitely fall within the realm of wisdom. It is never revealed whether Malthael's powers extend past the present and into future events. Even so his wisdom had to have allowed him to come to some pretty obvious conclusions: 1. Tyrael voted for humanity to live so Malthael knew his vote wouldn't affect the outcome so it was better for him to keep his motives to himself. 2. The World Stone would continue to protect humanity from any sort of direct action from angelic or demonic threats. I think this was the reasoning behind the comment he made when he abstained during the vote for the fate of humanity. I believe his disappearance when the World Stone was destroyed was in preparation for what he knew would need to happen. Perhaps he was going to destroy humanity then but the events of Diablo 3 made him wait instead? Now here's a really interesting thought: surely Malthael knew the prophecy of the End of Days and furthermore he probably knew better than most what it meant. Does that mean knew how how the events of Diablo 3 would unfold before they happened? There's no way to know for sure. But once all of the Prime Evils were in one nice, neat, package (Black Soul Stone) it was time to make his move. He took possession of the BSS and began his culling of Sanctuary... My predictions for RoS' story: I believe Malthael wants to restore what he considers to be balance. The Eternal Conflict is that balance for him. The children of Anu and the children of Tethemet locked in an eternal struggle. Good vs. Evil with no one side gaining an advantage. Mortals threaten this, especially with the Prime Evils incapacitated, and the fate of everything he knows is in jeopardy. I believe he will seek to destroy the BSS or at least release the Prime Evils in some way or another. This, in combination with destroying mankind, will reinstate balance and set things back to the way they were. I believe he has taken on the aspect of death to facilitate this. I believe the Angiris Council, or at the very least Imperius, will get involved in some way to prevent Malthael from releasing the Prime Evils. At the very least it is clear he wants to destroy humanity. Perhaps he will seek to contain the Prime Evils in the BSS and the reason he took it was to be sure nobody else gained control of it? At any rate I think the fact that El'Druin passed through him without harm proves his intentions are not evil in nature. I think he's all about balance and I'm not sure how one side prevailing in the Eternal Conflict could be considered balance which is why I think he may release the Evils. We'll find out next year!Zaknaril9 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 I really refuse THAT was tyrael I really almost refuse to believe THAT character in this game was the same tyrael from Diablo 2. In diablo 2, no matter what, Tyrael was alway firm, resolute, and unflaggible. He knew what options he had and what he needed to do in a given situation, even if the option he had was almost hopeless. No matter the situation he always sounded in control; listen to him when he's telling marius to run: He knows he's about to get his but handed to him by baal and diablo, and the situation is grim, but he doesn't go breaking down and crying like a whiny little baby like he does in this game: He knows he still has a job to do and a CHANCE no matter how small of marius keeping the stone out of the evil's hands. On the other hand, i just wanted to slap him constantly in this game. How the heck did Blizzard turn one of my all time favorite characters into such a whiny baby? I mean, this is literally like if Gandalf started crying about how bad of a job he'd been doing in return of the king. They took a character who was the knowledgeable authority figure helping the heroes, and just ruined him.aleksandor55 Dec 1, 2013
Nov 28, 2013 How did Diablo get inside the black soulstone How are there 5 in the Soulstone already? I only captured 1.Constipated33 Nov 28, 2013
Nov 25, 2013 Did the demons eat all the loot? Diablo 3. No loot inside. Must have missed a story element...Sjippie0 Nov 25, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Story and atmosphere in RoS To those who have an access to the RoS beta, how do you feel about the story, it's execution, dialogs and the general tone and feel of RoS in terms of darkness, eeriness?Matius0 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Angiris Council in ROS / Pick your Guardian I just want to make clear that I am not a religious person nor ever liked angels. But Diablo III made me fall in love with it - they are so well designed with those cinematics, lore, Tyrael sacrifice, models, armour, voice acting, wrath animated video... So I've been wondering: the only archangel that actually intervened (so far) was Tyrael, however Auriel (and possible Itherael) seemed like they would begin, now, intervene to help humanity (note sure about that). What plot do you think that the Angiris Council will play in ROS? Will the other angels finally listen to Tyrael since he represents wisdom now? .. Ok let's play a game (the objective of this game is to learn more about the angiris council and what people feel towards these angels): pick one angel from the council to be your Guardian-Angel, like if your life depends on it, that angel would be with you all the time, watching over you. Tell everyone why you've picked that one. I will start it: (Choice) Auriel (Why) I really felt in love with that angel, because it would be awesome to have her comforting when most needed and she would give me hope when I would easily give up. She also seemed to be very powerful when locking up diablo with chains in the animated video and of a great consciousness agreeing with Tyrael about not killing Diablo.arkainevalor8 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 D3 final boss...GET PUMPED Where Malthael becomes one with the black soulstone and becomes The Dragon. Yes, that's right, I'm calling it out... The Dragon that Anu casted out in the beginning of time before sanctuary even existed. The beast will take up half the screen right Blizzard? The prime evils and lesser evils will be familiar yet twisted versions of their forms in each of the heads. They will lay down some sick end of the world sega themed music that pumps you up so much you will fight on repeat. Right Blizzard??? Epic boss right? Please don't fail my dreams.Matheyus4 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 How the heck Leoric Revived? Hi guys I was wondering how the heck King Leoric revived when Tyrael fell on the Sanctuary. According to Tyrael those killed unjustly were reviving cause Tyrael was the Aspect of Justice. But Leoric wasn't killed unjustly so how come he revived too? I think this question should have been posed to the developers in Blizzcon.Yasakani4 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 20, 2013 If a the demon lords can corrupt angels.... can angels purify a demon? Izual was corrupted to become a demon, but can the reverse happen? Also since tyrael can self choose a mortal life, can a demon do the same? I dont know why a demon would want to, as Tyrael has a motivation but theoretically is it possible?Badfish2 Nov 20, 2013
Nov 19, 2013 I must know more After a considerable break from the game, I started reading up on some of the lore of the overarching story. Knowing some of the back story has really made up for some of, what I felt were, the game's shortcomings and inspired me to play again. The stuff I read through was from a hand-full of wiki websites and were somewhat fragmented. I am wondering if there is one place I can find the whole story, or at least what we know of it. Any direction would be awesome. Thanks!KingNothing1 Nov 19, 2013
Nov 19, 2013 Why is Maghda dressed as a bug? De facto generalissimo of the coven after Adria's departure. Is a follower of a lesser lord of the burning hells supposed to dress like a bug? Especially those pixie like moth wings on her back.Ragequit4 Nov 19, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 We aren't the hero. Zoltun Kuule is. We're the villain. Zoltun wanted to protect humans from angels and demons by making all humans nephilim (I refuse to spell it with an A). We off him and then sanctuary gets invaded. Lots of people die that didn't need to. They could have been nephilim like us and been strong enough to survive. He created the black soul stone. Without him sanctuary is screwed. We're unnecessary however. Diablo would have been stopped with or without us. Zoltun would have had an army of nephilim if we didn't interfere. He's the only one who was absolutely integral to defeating Diablo. Finally, Zoltun wanted to preemptively attack the angels before they wipe us out like they almost did already. Reaper of Souls proves he was right all along. Angels really were still planning to wipe out humanity. Pretty much everything bad that happened in Diablo 3 was a direct result of the actions of either the players or Tyrael. The whole first act is just fixing Tyraels screw-up. Act 2 we refuse to join the real hero and then kill him. Act 4 is the direct result of handing Adria the soulstone. Act 3 is the only one where our ragtag band of retards isn't actively making things worse. If I was really in control of what my character was doing I'd have joined Zoltun in act 2, curbstomped Tyrael over act 1, then raised our invincible nephilim army and invaded both heaven and hell. I for one welcome our new sandy overlord.Lachryphage8 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 16, 2013 Searching for the Mehtan's mentor ... Mentor and apprentice is a common concept of all novels around the world. And it is a cliche concept that apprentice will achieve what the mentor truly wanted to achieve. So, in act II Mehtan the apprentice of unknown necromancer, gives you a quest to help him free restless spirits. Maybe he is searching for a specific spirit? perhaps his mentor? What if Witch Doctor the only class that can walk the spirit world could help Mehtan find who is truly looking for. He could also find Deckard Cain in the spirit world and tell Mehtan to summon Deckard's spirit back to life. Or the leader of Horadrim Jered Cain. When Mehtan successfully learn the true form of necromancy, he passes on to his future apprentices: a new hero class slightly different from the original necromancer but mixed with something else(I dont know..) Mehtan becomes the new legacy of Necromancer of the Caldeum and restores the city together with Asheara and Hakan IIjinyonglee2 Nov 16, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Story cinematics What happened to seeing the cinematics where at the end of Act I you see Tyrael removing his wings and his subsequent fall to Sanctuary or seeing Diablo's incursion into the High Heavens and wiping the floor with Imperius?Raziel19840 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Actual Age of Sanctuary I have read a lot about the Diablo Universe, with all its realms, regions, levels and areas of conflict, resources and homelands. What I have not seen anywhere, though it may very well be out there and I have simply not yet run across it, is the actual age of Sanctuary. Just how long ago was it that the world stone was used to create it?Skylarian2 Nov 14, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 Who Was Worusk? We finally got an answer to this question during the Diablo 3 Lore + Story Q&A at Blizzcon 2013: Worusk was a noted barbarian king who was given the honorary title "Immortal King" after he united the barbarian tribes for the first time in the modern era. Worusk is credited with founding the various elder councils, such as those found at Sescheron and Harrogath. Worusk's name is mentioned on three of the Diablo 3 Immortal King set items, including the helm, which says, "In the days when the barbarians roamed the entire western continent—long before the coming of Rakkis —one man, Worusk, united the tribes, and for the briefest of moments, the barbarians had a king." I wrote all this up and added it to the Diablo 3 wiki, which includes a lot of extra details and the full, original transcribed quote from Blizzcon, here: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Worusk I have added the above as an edit to my original post, below, to make the answer easier to find for people who are searching. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The description text for the Immortal King's Triumph helm references a previously unheard-of Barbarian king by the name of Worusk. In all previous Diablo lore, the Immortal King has been understood to be Bul-Kathos, so where does Worusk come from all of a sudden? I was hoping to find an entry for Worusk in the Book of Tyrael, but alas, there is none, although plenty of other less important historical figures merited a bio. I have posted this question on this and other D3 forums a number of times in the year-and-a-half since launch, and still nobody has had an answer. Maybe someone attending Blizzcon can ask about Worusk at the d3 lore panel? ________________________________________________ Galx - Diablo III Forum MVP (Hardcore) MVPs are not Blizzard employees. We're fellow players just like yourself who have been found to be especially helpful in the forums here. For more information, please see: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4038704716Galx13 Nov 14, 2013