Barbarian

Dec 29, 2012 Need Help Rate me I think this is hopeless can play at mp5 when go to 7 or 8 just not workingulikemenow1 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 1 million gold Azmodan MP10 challenge EDIT: Current record holder is Jacked: 691k budget, 7 min 55 second clear time. Ok, so inspired by the use of a gear set Uberjager constructed for under 1 million gold and it's effectiveness I have devised a challenge for anyone who would like to participate. I was able to construct the following gear set for under 1 million gold: Flawless Square Emerald - 3,920 Flawless Square Ruby (6) - 3,750 Flawless Square Amethyst - 368 Mainhand Demonic Gavel - 250,000 Offhand Gash Tempest - 11,111 Shoulders Cavalry Tooth - 1,835 Bracers Lacuni Prowlers - 60,000 Pants Striders Asylum - 50,000 Chest Northlander's Plate - 50,000 Boots Distance Passage - 8,000 Helm Scowling Disdain - 1,500 Ring Offhand Oath Heart - 50,000 Ring Mainhand Bond Rage - 80,000 Amulet Impaling Omen - 75,000 Belt IK Tribal Binding - 44,000 Gloves IK Irons - 39,900 For a total of: 729,084 gold AH proof video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKCZFSOHpcU&feature=youtu.be My Azmodan clear on MP10 took me 9 minutes exactly Vid: http://youtu.be/H0J1FT_Sbx0 I engage at 0:31, kill at 9:31. Now, I am not going to say it was easy....it took me 3 tries, and learning that I couldn't stand in his pools of stuff on the floor....but I was able to pull it off nonetheless. And so, I would like to see if anyone can do it either in the same time with less gold spent, or less time with about the same gold spent (no more then 779,084 gold to qualify for reward). I found all this gear on the AH within minutes of each other, didn't scour the AH for days or anything looking for deals....obviously. For the first 10 people to accomplish this task I will refund the investment of gold on their gear, plus an additional 1 mill gold. Free video software if you need it: www.bandicam.com Also, this goes out to prove that you don't NEED a ton of gold in order to beat the hardest content, you just need some patience, skill, a good build, and strategic gearing. Just post a vid on here of you beating my time, and a vid of your AH bids and I will make sure to get you your gold ASAP. You are allowed to use any build or style of play to accomplish this goal, and followers are optional. Good luck everyone who participates. (Current gear set is on profile, I'll leave it up there for the next couple days) COMPLETED AND VARIFIED: DBoy187: budget 582k, 8 min 53 second clear time Picture of purchases: http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx218/dkmdville/582kGoldSetAzmodanMp10_zps16ee301a.jpg Video of fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LoVgiNRq_w&feature=youtu.be Reward: DBoy has generously donated his winnings from the challenge to Reasoning, vid of presentation to follow Jacked: 691k budget, 7 min 55 second clear time. Proof of purchases: http://i.imgur.com/Zx6aL.png?1 Video of fight: http://youtu.be/kQn4yXDZGHQ HONORABLE MENTIONS: PhatPhoEater: 720k budget, 9 min 30 second clear time. Video is omitted (reward not challenged) burok: 415k budget, 11 min 23 second clear time. AH log http://i.imgur.com/0MZEN.jpg Video omitted (reward not challenged) Klawman: 631k budget, 14 min 45 second min clear time. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk9XG48EGTs&feature=youtu.be (reward not challenged) SoLiDAlvi: 532k budget, 9 min 47 second clear time. Video omitted (reward not challenged) SAIGA12: 600k budget, 8 min 45 second clear time. Video omitted (reward not challenged)Wayneold70 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 Next Upgrade ... It's getting a lot harder to find upgrades at this point, but having seen Barbs with 300k+ DPS, I know there is still lots of room for improvement. I've only got 7m at the moment, but I'm wondering what I should look for in my next upgrade, and how much I should expect it to cost. Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.RemyZ2 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 200k DPS unbuff zuni set WD stream answering questions and doing some farming on my days off :) stream : http://www.twitch.tv/d3slone# armory : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lone-1162/hero/1951584Lone0 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 29, 2012 Upgrade my barb to higher 100k +++ DPS! I want to upgrade my amulet, rings, legs, and weapon. GO!!!!amixprayer2 Dec 29, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Improvements that I can make... Looking for some advice on gear improvements / stat improvements. I have some gold stashed away that ive been saving up, and i'm looking at the most bang for my $$$. Right now i'm only playing MP2, I dont know if i can go higher as im really just getting the hang of not dying here (just hit 60 a few days ago). Anyways, any help is appreciated.Inquisition9 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 New barb looking for suggestions I leveled my barb up to 60 quite a long time ago, and was thinking about building it up so I can farm faster then normally. I have 46m gold to start out with, but I wouldn't like to spend it all at one time if possible. Need suggestions on what to do first with my barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Diablo-1720/hero/19920101Diablo4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Upgrade me for less than 1m http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Koi-1139/ My friend's new barb, I haven't played in a while and I feel generous to buy him some new gear. He's actually got an IK helm right now but what should I buy him to up his DPS for less than 1m? Please include stats I should look for, I would like to get him a few pieces but my main goal is to up his DPS for 1m.BdiZzLe1 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 what upgrades will get me to mp 5 farming I want to farm mp 5 at mp 3 speed what do i needmurryslayers1 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 WW self spinning I created an HC WW barb. Got killed at lvl 58 through my inattention. Building a new one. I've never played ww before, and I notice that sometimes my char spins without my having done anything and when there's nothing to kill. How come? It uses fury.jazzman0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 MP 10 should not be your goal EDIT on 10/13/12 With the new addition of: http://us.battle.net:80/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012 It has made my argument void. The addition of bonus item drops depending on monster level is a wonderful idea, and I thank Blizz for adding this in. I have posted this in several other threads looking for answers from all the barbarians that claim they are going to be able to do MP 10 and they should be able to farm it right away with their high EHP or incredibly elite gear....my question is, why? MP 10 wasn't designed to be farmed, and it is the LEAST efficient way to farm. If you have seen my posts elsewhere and this is a repeat, I apologize, but I am just looking for an answer from all the barbs running around telling everyone 1.05 will eat them alive: XP and GF/MF bonus reference:http://us.battle.net:80/d3/en/forum/topic/6794029473 Prove to me that farming at a higher MP level albeit at a slower pace is more effective. If I am farming MP 3, which is a very comfortable, and fast pace with my current build and gear (act 3 full clear in 45 min) My XP % looks like this: 100% base XP 75% neph valor 30% monster power bonus 31% ruby in helm for a total of 236% XP from each mob. Also, my magic find looks like this: 100% base 75% neph valor 200% paragon and gear bonus 75% monster power bonus for a total of 450% MF. If I were to run through MP 10 the values would then be 366% increased XP and 625% MF and GF, and that's considering that I am able to leave my Ruby in my helm (which I'm not). That equates to only a 55% increase of XP and 39% increase of MF and GF overall, and running act 3 can't be expected to be completed in under 3 hours I would assume on a good day which is more then 400% slower then my clear time on MP 3. It simply is not worth it to try to farm on MP10 by a substantial margin. Also, with more magic find or increased XP% gear these % increases from monster power become even less significant, and with all monsters being level 63 on MP 1 it's not like you are finding better gear either.Even at MP 5 the increase is only a net gain of 13% XP and 11% MF/GF, so if someone can run MP 3 10-15% faster then they can MP 5, it still makes sense to run MP 3.Wayneold85 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 How can i upgrade my barb? Already a good 82k DPS unbuffed which is pretty good for WW. Anything else i should upgrade such as completing IK or should i just start gearing my DH?Killmequick6 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 I want 120k dps!!! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I've seen barbs on forums with high dps (120k ++++) and mine can't seem to match. What is the trick or what's wrong with my gear?amixprayer29 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 confused about my dps in my profil it says I have about 70k dps but in game its at 110k+ and still without pasives its about 85k+ can someone tell me why? thanksPYRO4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Someone help me out! Alright so i have about 30mill to improve my barb, im able to do mp6 slowly but i really need some improve ments, and not sure were to go i tried mp7 and almoust insta died, not sure what im doing wrong here what should i buy, apreciate the help , also if you can be specific on the improvements that would be awesome, sorry for the grammer ESLIISOLOII3 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Gear Check What should be my next upgrade? ThanksTrollHarder0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 2H barbs or 1H? I see a lot of barbs who use dual wield 1H, what about 2H barbs? What's the downside?juneau20 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Why am I dying? I'm getting frustrated. Where have I gone wrong with my spec or gear that still has me dying on MP0 to certain elite mobs? Am I just no playing WW right? Or am I just missing something. Someone please help me.Megatog8 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Where to add EHP? Like title says, got a budget of 30m looking to add some EHP, preferably vit, somewhere. Kinda stuck between ammy and mempo, both would be expensive. I don't really like where my rings are at but upgrading them, especially adding vit/life%, is completely undo-able at my budget. Thoughts pl0x?Aracknid7 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Need help choosing GG weapons for WW I recently just hit the lottery on a Tal's ammy that sold for 450m. So I'm currently sitting on 420m and looking for some advice. I know my gear is lacking, I only have about 10-15m invested in my barb so far and I do have plans for more asi, cc, and cd. But I would really like to put a good chunk of change into some awesome weapons that I can use for a long time. My only problem is I'm not sure exactly what I need. I like to play WW so I was thinking a mainhand mace/axe and a good EF for my offhand. I just don't know which stats to look for on each to get the most bang for my buck. For the mace/axe I know I obviously want base crit, and socket. And for the EF I want a socket... But as far as figuring out the str, vit, attack speed, and lifesteal. Where do I want to try to get those? I'm looking to hopefully get both weapons for 250m or less so I still have money for much needed gear improvements. And any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any and all help!McGridDLe8 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 need help i can farm mp 3 I can farm mp 3 at same rate as mp0-2 would like to be able to do mp 5 at same rate. What should I upgrade I only have 23m at the momentmurryslayers0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Question With 5 piece IK and the passive Unforgiving, would you be generating 4 fury per second instead of 2? Does 5 piece IK work like that?Reznorak3 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 best ways to upgrade my barb go! :D tytlameboi0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Skorn or DW Which is better for my current equip?bonelessbeef2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 How much str gain per paragon lvl? is it different after u reach certain para level? or is it consistant?JAME51 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 2 hand or dual wield? Got what I think is a damn fine 2 handed boulder breaker... 500+ str. I am wondering what doing a dual wield build might do for my DPS. Any dual wield experts out there with an opinion? Also any thoughts about my current set? Got some cash to spare and want an upgrade or two...Ironpants11 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Nats ring + barb? I havent been folllowing up on barb gear since I switched to wizard. I found a nats ring today with 81 strength 89 dex 79 AR 8 IAS 27% CD 194 life regen I've seen lots of CM wizards use nat's set for the 2 piece crit bonus along with the boots, but would barbs do something similar? There's less than 1 page of rings which have stats similar to this with cheapest being 100M so I'm having trouble valuing this. How much would it be worth approx? ThanksAstynax0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Gearing / Gear checks Hi, I am offering my service for gearing / gear checks for free. Just add me with message whether you want gear check / help you gear. Can stream while gearing. Will be on tonight after 6.30 ESTkrassyk2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Suggestions for what to look for next Hello, I would like some other peoples input on what I need to start looking for next as far as an upgrade. Thanks in advance.Vasilios2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 need gear advice where should i upgrade to reach 200k unbuffed with soj w/o sacrificing my ehp, except for a mempo with crit.. is a budget of 100m enough? thanks a lot in advanceandy3 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Newb Sprint WW barb looking for advice Hello all, This is the link to my barb profile http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hybr33d-6885/hero/11282588 Would like to ask others here for advice specially with gear. As of right now, I am currently stucked and I feel that I cannot improve further. The next upgrade in the AH is costing 10m and more. I currently have less than 1m in my stash and I think I cannot farm the necessary gold to improve. And also with my gear, I can farm mp3 no problem. Just not as fast. On mp4, i already die to some elites multiple times. Please give advice if you think my gear should be enough with mp4 and im just lousy on playing. Also what do you think will be better and more efficient in farming. - Farm on mp1, dont pick up rares just focus on legendary drops and hope that a sellable legendary drops.( currently all my legs are crap ) - Farm on higher mp for better chances of good legendaries to drop. ( i am not sure if the quality of legendaries improve as mp level increases) Also, please feel free to critique my gear. I have a feeling that Im stacking too much vitality. Thanks in advance :Dhybr33d3 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Looking for higher level barbs... to throw decent gears my way if you can.I cant get anything past 60k damage. Would love to progress further in paragon also. Even some tips/what ever would be awesome thanks. I know im in need of regen and loh,plus more strength,crit damage chance,more dps and attck speed maybe? Im running ww with tornados on sprint.This is how i want my setup but iimproving everything i cant seem to do atm.JacobsHell7 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 New to Inferno and Struggling? Are you struggling with your barb even in low MPs? Well welcome to my Christmas barb set giveaway. I have a full S&B barb set that should work in MP5 without much trouble. I recently used the set in an under 1M gold challenge, so the value of the items isn't terribly high (stocking stuffers, not big gifts), but it is well balanced gear. If you have millions in gear already, this set won't be very interesting for you, but if you are new to inferno and would like to clear it or start some farming this is perfect. Just respond to this thread with why you need the set and its yours. You'll just have to wait til later tonight when I'm online to receive it.Klawman12 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Bonus set value not counted? So if I added up correctly my reduction from elite damage should be 37% yet it shows only 30%. The extra 7% comes from BT's 4 piece bonus. Can someone confirm? Overall this set is pretty fun towards elites with 37% damages reduction from elites and 36% damages towards elites from my SOJ + set bonus. I've dance in some pretty nasty stuff some elite pac in mp10 dishes out but the lower dps really does take a long time to bring them down.ADAKAR0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Whirlwind Barb: Looking for help. Hey everyone!! I've gotten my gear to the point where I don't know what to do next to get it to the next level. I'm switching between weapons at the moment to see which I like more. I've been switching between the Bul'Kathos weapons and an EF main hand with one of the Bul'Kathos weapons as off-hand. Depending on which weapon set I use, my dps ranges from 55k to 63k ish.. What do I need to improve to bridge the final gap between that range and 100k+?Lightzypher9 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 How can I improve my barbarian's damage? How can I improve my barbarian's damage?DanielBird4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 can my barb be improved? can my barb be improved. hota or WWbonelessbeef2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 WW barb rating! Please rate me! Plus how am I doing on my WW barb? If anyone can see any changes or fixes, let me know! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ACEorFISH-1419/hero/4019013ACEorFISH4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Lead me down the right path... i recently hit 60 with my Barbarian and I want to make sure I am on the right path to take on the tougher monster power levels. take a look at my profile and tell me what i need to change -- gears, skills, passives, runes etc... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GreyWolfSif-1556/hero/3243379 I know that I really need to get my HP up since I am only at 26k. Is Life % better or vitality better? thanks for your help!GreyWolfSif0 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 WW barb help. So I just started my WW barb kinda and need help on gear I should be getting right now my problem is keeping my fury up so I can do anything thats why im using animosity instead of unforgiving atm any thought on gear and skill changes let me know thanks for the help :) here is my build so far: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dazeddd-1547/hero/28721975Dazeddd4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Where do I begin? Been gone for a long time, everything has changed. I don't like change. 60million to spend, where do I even start? I'm assuming I'm going WW - seems the most viable.Launchd3 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Returning player seeking some advice Hey guys, I gave all my gear away months go when I decided to call it quits. I am returning now and I have no gear except some I just acquired but 9million gold so I was wondering how I should gear up my barb and what stats to look for on each piece. I did my own research but finding it hard atm to what kinda quality gear I can get for 9mil gold. Also is 9 million gold enough to clear inferno on the easiest monster level settings? Thanksb4nish2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Have 80 mil, what should I upgrade? Hey all, I have 80 mil to spend. Trying to decide what to upgrade next. Anyone have any suggestions?Prevail1 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Any HOTA barb around ? need help I am currently DW on hota , seems to work find but only can go mp8 , i tried using skorn with ik belt and i can't keep up my wrath , DW can keep wrath forever . skorn build also let me die alot of times as att speed too slow , can steal life back. how can i go higher in mp 9-10 i am using ik glove with att speed and crit chance , and also a good ammy that is not in my profile as i put them at AH. any idea on how to move on to high mp without costing a bomb >? 80m max for upgradePinkyPotato13 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Killing Elites in MP6+ So I've been trying to get a key in the Fields of Misery for some time now and it's bringing me a lot of misery. I had been trying in lower MP and after many attemps (20+) I still couldn't get a key, so I tried a few times in MP5, then a few more in MP6 and a couple in MP7. I seem to be fine with regular monsters and I can take down the Key Warden, however especially around the MP6+ level I have a lot of difficulty with elites. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!Bothem5 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 What else do I need in my Barb? I want to be able to run pass through Mp8 easily. Thanks for the advance opinionsTRITON2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Left before MP/Inferno Machines - What now? I just got back after leaving before they introduced MP levels and the Inferno Machines. I've since bought a handful of upgrades, and even found a couple as well. I was wondering what are all the WW barbs running these days in terms of routes? I use to do Alkaizer Act 3 runs for pure leveling speed, but with these new key wardens and such - anyone have suggestions for efficient runs for a WW barb for Act 1-3 +4? I would imagine its better now to mix it up and get a nice hellfire ring, after that is it back to alkaizer runs? Also, currently running MP5 rather comfortably. Edit: If anyone has some suggestions as to what to upgrade next, I'd love to hear it.BlackJack2 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Stuck and Not Progressing Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/alerner87-1787/hero/25044474 I am stuck around being able to consistently run A3 MP3 -- anything higher and I run into too many affix combos that eat me alive. Do you think its a gear problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated!alerner874 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Something needs to be fixed I've no idea where I've gone wrong in my gear, hit 60 a couple weeks ago. Been farming keys/paragon since then. Got lucky on a few drops as well as constantly scouring the AH for good deals. Everyone I see has an upwards of 120kish DPS and I'm still bordering on the 70k~ mark, still manage to do MP4 fine and MP5 isn't so bad either but it feels like I'm missing something fundamental in either my gear or build. Unrelated note how big of a jump are ubers compared to the normal campaign? Or rather whats the general conversation rate for MPX? IE if i do an uber on MP3 it'll feel like I'm fighting MP5 etc. Two Act 3 keys away from having 3 keys, thinkin about tryin em out but I don't want to completely waste em.Catrix4 Dec 28, 2012
Dec 28, 2012 Worth the gold to get Radiant Star? Since they are going for about 20mil, is it worth the upgrade for the extra 6% experience boost, or will the gains not be THAT great?Acky11 Dec 28, 2012