Monk

Sep 27, 2012 <SALE>LITANY monk ring w/avg dmg 32-52 168 dex 32-52 bonus avd dmg (does more dps than 20% crit dmg 159 dx ring - has been tested) want to get rid of it quick can bid starting at 100M buyout 140-150 can negotiate quick salegoforkoutz1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 GG Wailing Host for cold monk 205 dex 79 vit 44 cold resist 193 life regen 4.5 crit 4% +damage to elite 14 hours left on AH. Current bid at 50m.haushinka1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 50m Payday. Wut do? Hello monks. I'd sure be obliged if you could check out my gear and let me know what needs upgrading. 50m budget. Lucky drop! Thanks. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Damodor-1429/hero/25390133Damodor2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS> Inna's Vast Expanse - 184 dex - 50 vit - 38 lightning resistance - 10% life - melee dmg reduce 6% - 3 sockets Want to sell for 43m or OBO message in game.JTrainFury2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Selling My 94k Dps Cold Monk Sup guys, I'm looking to sell my monk. I would like to sell everything as a set but if I don't get the price I'm looking for then I might consider piecing it out. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TRUisBack-1949/hero/26076275 I'm selling this gear for 250mil, price includes all gems. If you have any questions please ask. TRUTRUisBack2 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 PC polearm 1181 LOH, 199CD + OS Hello, The overall DPS is low at 835 DPS but it has huge LOH, 1181, 199 Crit damage and an open socket How much do you think those are worth ? Thank youRahan954 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Advice to increase my monk's DPS Can anyone give me some advice of how to improve my monk? Here is my profile link http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BlackCloud-1597/hero/25140620BlackCloud6 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 help! noob monk here what to do??? i have a big problem of survivability.. wth im doin wrong? need pro's advice thanks!Dumax7 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 S>LITANY monk ring w/avg dmg 32-52 168 dex 32-52 bonus avd dmg (just to mention tested against a 159 dex 20% crit dmg same stats and avg dmg does more dps) add me goforkoutz#6264 or offer belowgoforkoutz0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Time to fix Dashing Strike! tl;dr- dashing strike is bugged and needs to be patched! The potential for Dashing Strike is easily understood. Get Monk into and out of trouble, quickly. It's the execution that blows. As it plays until this posting (1.0.3), it is powerful when working correctly, but is erratic and error prone, leaving the player defenseless and otherwise in a situation he would never have chosen. For example, instead of dashing across the screen as the player ANTICIPATED, the Monk instead lunges ahead a few yards and performs an attack which leaves them completely defenseless, and unable to move. This happens time and time again, with no obstacles in the way to bar their path, no enemies to interrupt them, the Monk simply roots themselves and attacks. There are times when the target character moves from the position they were at when the Monk attacked it, and now its a crapshoot. Will the Monk pull up early, "rooting" itself, or will it attack the space the enemy was in last? or does the Monk track the target, around monsters and walls, and walls created by monsters, and instead land a devestating blow, with a chance to stun, or perhaps an increased chance to dodge, because the enemy never anticipated such a worthy strike? And what happens when the Dashing Strike does root early? Sometimes I can dash across the screen to avoid an elite's Molten, sometimes I cant. It doesnt seem to be an interrupt thing, but how can I say, I find it very unpredictable, and not working at all like I would expect, and the fact that there is no warning as to why dashing strike doesnt race across the screen, such as "STUNNED" or what have you. It would be nice to see some support on this, as it seems a definite flaw in the code work, and certainly cannot be "working as intended". Fixes- -Correct the Tracking so you can weave across the screen with a reasonable chance to be uninterrupted, and LET IT FOLLOW AN ENEMY! The Monk can Call down the Power of the Gods, certainly they can turn their hips while running. -Never "root" early. Its the most frustrating thing about this skill. If my attack is interrupted for some reason, dont make me attack nothing. -Never hit an enemy you didnt target. Sometimes in packs it seems as if you dont zip around to the other side of them, you just attack the first thing you brush up against. -If it is interrupted, some kind of indication. Good luck. Bump if you like.Ugly11 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Burning axe and fire storm? Has anyone with nice dps tried burning axe of Sankis and SW fire storm? I found a non socket one that had ok dps so I tried it just bec it looks cool. Seem to give the SW a decent boost but I wanted to know if anyone with a nice axe and socket for crit has tried it to see how it works.. If you have any results let me know, wish I had the money to burn on a nice one just for a new look but can't afford the test.wondersef4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Another gear advice thread Hey guys, so farming a3 fairly comfortably, I know what i want to upgrade but wanted opinions on what to upgrade first/what to aim for roughly (casual player, most i've spent on single item ~10mill, only got 15 atm) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Fireelem-6999/hero/15042203 for items Stats unbuffed: - 47.5k dps - 2k dex - 873 AR (OWE) - 30.5% crit / 334% CD - 1.71/1.79 APS - 40.5% dodge - 6183 armor (with 1.04 STI) - 30k hp CheersFireelem4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 (^_<) Monk Fashion I know, I know you can flame me all you want. Let's present some Monk fashion!!!! http://i.imgur.com/ernzw.jpg P.S. I wish direct image display was enabled on this domain page.BroolStory5 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Sweeping Winds, why? Why does sweeping winds take a snapshot of "active" weapon DPS, instead of either your combined DPS or mainhand DPS? It's extremely annoying to have to pay attention to which weapon is active just so I can maximize my damage. This should be changed.Sephious0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 wts echoing fury + won khim lau http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/alligatorbobo/Screenshot043.jpg starting bid 12m http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt199/alligatorbobo/Screenshot044.jpg starting bid 3m offer away..barca0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Stun-Locking ... it's BACK! 1.05 FTW Started gearing for PvP then a day or two later the CC (Crowd Control) buff was announced in 1.05 so I finished out a Crowd Control gear-set - see my profile (I also have a 15% Azurewrath in my stash). Guess what folks... the buff is all that! I finally got into 1.05 and Elites in Monster Power lvl 10 NEVER HIT ME. Now, of course there is some damage (most elemental) that gets through but the vast majority is Frozen/Feared/Blinded/Stunned/Slowed, etc. Realize this is best utilized if you are in the Monster Power Level you should be in. If you are under 60k damage and trying to do MP10 (like I did with my gear), the Monsters will still be "stun-locked" but you have to do the damage to take them down so many AoE/Elemental Affixes will still have to be mitigated. This is still HUGE. Echoing Furies (15%+)/Azurewraths (14-15%) are insane right now and CC (crowd control) on gear is a top-3 stat. Stacking Attack Speed is also much more important if you are also stacking CC. Will try to get around to recording some of my sessions being that I'm #1 attack-speed Monk on the planet (and probably #1 Crowd-control Monk) and share. But for now rejoice - more buffs for melee!blhotz17 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS Blackthorne Jousting Mail 200 Vit 70 AR! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712952159 94 Str 96 Dex 90 Int 200 Vit 70 AR LoH 471 10% Life 20% MF http://i.imgur.com/3Pv9n.jpg. You can also check my profile to view. Starting bid 100m. Buyout 350m. Looking to see if market price is worth selling these pantChai0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS Decent Light Monk gear 1/ http://i.imgur.com/VWeOe.jpg chest armor 170dex c/o 1m. probably let go if offer >1m - 2/ http://i.imgur.com/QSsWs.jpg rare ring 4%cc 148dex BIN 5m - 3/ http://i.imgur.com/vK0A5.jpg stone of jordan 26%/ 10discipline offer - 4/ http://i.imgur.com/kyUPd.jpg rare fist 864.5DPS 190dex/ 43% CD/ OS BIN 10m - 5/ http://i.imgur.com/BInpJ.jpg rare bracer: 150 dex/ 47vit/ 44LS/ 215def/ 6%cc c/o 15m BIN 20m - 6/ http://i.imgur.com/rK7Ho.jpg nat's sight: 96dex/ 9% life c/o 2m BIN 5m want to sell it fast. sinobu#1488Sinobu1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Lacuni Prowlers 6crit-Dex 6crit 44dex 9IAS Less than an hour left on auction 105m current bid. The closest buyout for these bracers (similar) is 300m+Alierion0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Hellfire ring on monk Surely one of you has the ring by now, does the proc work with thunderclap? If so, we got a pretty big dps increase. I know the proc doesn't work with barb WW, but does work with frenzy, so I'm curious.Laws1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 wts GG poison res gloves Glistening Hands 222 dex 88 vit 57 poison res 233 armor (571 total) 24 CD 9 CC Take a gander, they're on my profile :) now accepting bids!buhlfactor5 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 shenlong relentless assault LOH+CD http://i48.tinypic.com/f3rvk7.jpg i also placed it on the AH for 100m and posted this in another website. res: 70m bin: 85mKeona5 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Litany of the Undaunted any good? I keep seeing this ring on the auction house as a recommended buy, but I don't see very many monks with it. It seems to have pretty good stats. What does everyone here think?Reaverslug1 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 175k DPS WD MAX MF 375 act 3 farm http://www.twitch.tv/lone17#Lone0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Upgrade my monk I've got about 60 million to work with, but i'm just not really sure what to improve first. Any help would be much appreciatedKazumodo0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Does leech benefit from elemental dmg bonus i have a dumb question, does life steal benefit from elemental dmg bonus for example, a won kim lau which has XX% amount of lighting dmg bonus and X% life steal, does that life steal benefit from the dmg output increased from the lighting dmg%rogerwang8 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 OK...We are monks look guys...if you use any ability other than a spirit generator to do damage that paper doll number doesnt really mean alot...we have plenty of abilities that can do enough damage to kill all kinds of stuff all kinds of fast...just that no one uses them...the thing most people do is stack IAS crit chance and crit damage use a bunch of defensive skills then just start using a spirit generator...dude...look at your skills...mobs can be killed in great volumes and faster with half the paper doll damage...if you use the skills that are available... it seems like this forum is a bunch of monks being played like barbarians...we are not barbarians...stop making us into them...yes we are a melee class but there are other ways to put out serious damage...IAS is not needed in such volumes for a MONK WHO USES ABILITIES...crit chance and crit damage are good for anyone but come on... Every other thread is hey what should i buy to get my number to be over a smaller number, rate my monk, crap we are monks and our skills suck-dude...how would you know? all you use are defensive skills...ya we dont have that many and they are not as good as a barb but you know why? because BARBS ARE BARBS AND MONKS ARE MONKS...before you start listing what should be changed...look at the skill set...see what woks together and try itBellockstaff17 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 B> Poison Monk Gear + WKL + Ourobos Looking for poison monk gear: -Mostly looking for Innas pieces that are good and have poison resist -Anything else with high dex/vit/all resist/poison resist will be looked at as well -OurobosLitterbug0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Price check for every single item in Diablo 3 I'm fine with the trading posts, but the amount of "price check" threads is borderline farcical. You want to know what you can sell your item for? It's simple. You can get whatever the highest bidder is willing to pay. Someone with no interest in buying it placing an arbitrary estimate of value on it isn't indicative of what said item could sell for, and is more likely to drive potential buyers away when you end up overpricing it. The more people that are aware your "fat loot" exists, the more people might be interested. The higher the public interest, the higher the potential that people will get into bidding wars and pay more that they otherwise would have. Looking at the AH prices of similar weapons is also going to be useless, since you only see items that have not sold, meaning people found them to be overpriced for what they were. Yes, you can monitor auctions of similar items without BINs to see what the bids increase to, but this requires you watch the end of the auction and means one person interested in that type of item likely isn't anymore, and might have been the only person willing to pay that amount. Start a thread without referencing things you've seen on the AH, or what someone told you it was worth, you will very likely be lowballed into oblivion and trolled hard as well (which is well deserved in most cases). Do not put GODLY in the title unless you're sure it is. List the stats, link an image and say you're taking offers/bids.Cruciform5 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 dps inc Simply put I have 110m to spend and would like to push my dps up while increasing sustain/surv, i know my shoulders suck and vile ward is good but it isnt cheap and i feel like i could upgrade much more then just shoulders,also dont want to upgrade jewelry as of right now cause better is coming out in 1.05 and thatd be waste imo, other input is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advancesilverlightl7 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Lightning Monk Shoulders 316 Armor +152 Dexterity +75 Vitality +45 Lightning Resistance +53 Resistance to All Elements Ohshweit#1981 Open to all reasonable offers.Ohshweit0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 How much resist should I have Hi just wondering how much resist I should have? some are saying i have too much. Right mow its 599 with mantra. ThxTheGreat88 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS Trifecta Monk Gloves (Cold Resist) Stats: Armor: 300 Dexterity: 81 Cold Resists: 33 Attack Speed Increase: 8% Critical Hit Dmg: 27% Critical Hit Chance: 8.5% Please Msg Me In Game @ Adeat#1115 With Offers. ThanksAdeat4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 General opinions of Monk I stopped playing a while ago, sincerely because it got boring and I feel monk just got nerfed along the way. We need the best items in the game just to compare to other classes. After seeing barbarians just trampling over everything and finding 200 million lengendarys, I just lost faith in the game. What are the general opinions of the forum about the monk and where we want the monk to be? I wish we had more dmg or depended less on defensive skills. The upcoming nerf on OwE is just going to dumb us again.cloaker7 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Crazy thought about OWE / Resistances... I posted this is another thread, but wanted to bring this over here to see what people think about this potentially crazy idea (not sure if anyone has suggested this yet) ... (I"ve put in bold the idea I want folks here to comment on). What are your thoughts about something like this? Would this kind of an idea kill market prices for single / stacked resist gear?Nameless4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 New to monks, advice plz so i wanted to know what stats i will need for inferno act 3. Hp, dmg, resist, etc. Right now i got about 545 all resist with mantra, 50k hp, 35k dps, and 6.3k armor. Ty in advance.JumboShrimp0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS NICE MONK CHEST AND AMMY Forsaken Mail(chest) +154 dex +84 Vit + 45 AR 3 sockets Current Offer 5m Magistrate serpent(Amulet) +88 dex +84 vit +57 Crit Dmg +6 Crit Chance + regenerates 275 life per second Current Offer 1m Add me in game if you want to discuss a buy out price Mustafa #1382 Trade Forum Post http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6713581822Mustafa3 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 Monk - Returning Sold all my gear cause i didnt think i would play again but im going to come back and play for a couple hours a week. What has changed? I see alot of people running really low resists these days did they make the 600-700 resists not needed anymore?Mcbeave0 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 4man monk team lets go! 3/4 1 more to go add me im bored lets do some runs coco#1138 use whatever mantra u wantcoco10 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 WTS 198 Dex/PoR/Vit/10%Crit/CD/Gold Gloves! As the title suggests, I'm selling some very solid Poison resist gloves. Stats are as follows: Armor: 334 Dex: 198 Vit: 31 Int: 33 Poison Resist: 47 Crit Damage: 22% Crit Chance: 10% Extra Gold from Monsters: 23% I'm looking for ~15m for these gloves. Currently, similar gloves are between 15-25m, but are missing either Vit or Gold find. I'm not looking for item trades or real money. Thanks for looking. * This is not an auction. I'm just looking to skip the AH Cut. I'll consider comparable serious offers.*Gonzoh3 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 1136 DPS Echoing Fury +166 Dex + OS http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6714702093?page=1#0goatsword4 Sep 27, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 Is It better to have high DPS weapon or Stats I'm Debating, My primary weapon is good, but I'm debating between 2 different weapons as an offhand. I have a 820 DPS fist with 99% crit and Open socket, And a 1100 Dps sword with 100 dex, open socket, and life steal. Now they both put my character sheet at 62k unbuffed, so there's no difference there. But would I actually be doing more DPS with the higher DPS sword as an offhand rather than the lower DPS one with huge amounts of crit? I know the sword gives me more survivability because of the life steal, but i'm only worried about DPS. How can I tell which is better when they both show the same DPS on my Character? Thanks!Elaidya6 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 52 Paragon monk - LFG Must be equally geared - 90k is my dps with no buffs. Must have equivilant movespeed - Must know how to use tempest rush. I am lonely pst me.Chronocide2 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 100k dps monk looking for advice Hi all, I'm looking to upgrade a piece or two but I have no idea what to do next. I was playing monster power level and was spanked around lvl 7. My current stats are 100k dps, 37k hp and 588 AR. I have over 322 MF so I can drop 1 MF piece and still be at the cap. Basically as far as I can tell my options moving forward are: - Witching hour belt - will give me about 6-7k dps depending on which one I got for, if it has some vit and poison res then it will give me some defense gains there as well. - Inna's vast expanse - If I'm buying one of these its 150dex/220+vit and 12% life. I'd lose over 100 res here but gain a hell of a lot of HP. DPS would stay the same. This would give me 4 piece which could be nice for monster power because I'd have plenty of spare spirit to spam transcendence. I'd have 100 LPSS if you include my weapon and the 10 from - Nat's boots and ring combo - would gain 7-9k dps (depending on how much I fork out for a ring) and lose a little vit on the boots unless I went for dex vit but those are exxpeenssiive . Bit hesitant on this one because from the PTR rings drop up to i63 which much better stats and I don't know if I can afford the type of ring/boots combo that would end up being better than what the new rings would give (not that i'd be able to afford one of them instantly anyway). - Vile ward - double res 200dex/80+vit or something like that. pure gain in this slot but for the price it would seem to have the least overall impact on the game play. - As for rings and ammy, I'm using these for MF and holding out till the new pieces start dropping, not going to spend money on these just to buy things that will be outdated really quickly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.circa6 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 Paragon leveling Was wondering if there is a way to level up as fast as barbs but without spending ridiculous amounts of gold/money to gear up. Right now I can't afford any upgrades so am looking for ideas as to how I can level faster with the stats that I have as only have 2 million gold. Any advice will be appreciated.Striker16 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 How to improve build diversity One of the biggest constraints with monk build diversity is due to spirit management. The #1 spirit usage for most monks is the 75 spirit for sweeping wind. Its basically takes half of our base pool and puts it on permanent reserve since it wears off so fast, its almost impossible to maintain between fights unless the breakables are spaced out nearly perfectly. Using any other skill such as wave of light and exploding palm is just impossible when maintaing sweeping wind unless you have crazy amounts of regen or a full inna's set (which means you give up lots of res or spend tons to buy the ones with res). My proposed solution is to make sweeping wind reduce its level every 6 seconds instead of disappearing completely, so a full level 3 sweeping wind takes 18 seconds to wear off but a level 1 wind still only lasts 6 seconds.Shanrak3 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 Faceroll Act 3 with only 620k! Gear: http://imagegur.us/?di=NP0B Unbufed stats: http://imagegur.us/?di=XJLI http://imagegur.us/?di=8WNH Build: http://imagegur.us/?di=Q2VC The weapons don't matter. Just get at least 600 life on hit. You'll still have to avoid desecrator, stacks of plagued, stacks of molten, etc., but it's a face tank in most situations. Acts 1 and 2 are a total faceroll, though. You can stand in anything and take no damage.FreeWilly5 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 WTB Fist weapon Hey there, I'm looking for 2 fist weapon with the following stats 900+ dps dex 50 + life per spirit 9 + attack speed thx !FunkyA2A0 Sep 26, 2012
Sep 26, 2012 Tempest rush build help! Hello, I just starting trying to play this Tempest Rush build but I have no clue how it works... I can't keep my spirit up either. Any advice?Stealthyzero0 Sep 26, 2012