Aug 22, 2012 Best build after 1.04 Anyone find it out yet? Is clone still best to use ?Neoreturn8 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 PC on Fire Res Pants pls. Armor - 343 Stre - 38 Vit - 142 dex - 82 fire res - 31 AR - 54 (2 socket)KoopaTroopa0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Monk: Endgame Compendium Inferno and Beyond I have finished all of Act IV solo. I currently run Act III Siegebreaker runs in 20 min solo and Pony level/Siegebreaker/whatever we want with a team (MF on the chests in Pony Level is awesome). The Part About Beating the Game There are several paths through inferno gearing, but they all lead to the same place (as far as I can tell with my monk friends in Act IV with me). Terminology: Progression = can kill non-elites, but it's hard and requires tactics/kiting Completion = kills non-elites with ease and easy elite packs. Can complete story mode Farming = kills non-elites in droves and 80+% of elite packs. Laughs at story mode Overall Damage Reduction = ODR Note: Melee's inherent 30% is included to make this generally applicable. Also, ODR is explained at the end. Act I: What I learned: Get a legit HP pool. In this phase I over-compensated and ended up with 60k hp and around 8-9k dps. This let me beat and farm (although slowly) act I. Current Cost of Gear Per Piece (approx): 200-300k Target Numbers for Farming: 90-91% ODR (520 - 570 resist, 5200 - 5700 armor) 10-15k dps Act II: What I learned: Resistance matters. Lose excess HP for resist and armor gear. I ended up with around 650 resist and 5-6k armor with 13k dps. Current Cost of Gear Per Piece (approx):500-800k Target Numbers for Farming: 92-93% ODR (610 - 680 resist, 6100 - 6800 armor) 15-20k dps Act III: What I learned:Kill things fast, manage healing throughput. Lose more excessive HP for attack speed and other offensive/healing stats. Current Cost of Gear Per Piece (approx):1-1.2mil Target Numbers to have on Farm: 94-95% ODR (760-860 resist, 7600-8600 armor) 20-25k dps Act IV: What I learned:I have completed Act IV, but do not have a useful farming path. The chests/goblins in Act III seem to make it more profitable. Act IV pushed me to strongly consider/use damage reduction. My HP pool has dropped to 25k, but my survivability has never been better. Current Cost of Gear Per Piece (approx):1.5-5mil Target Numbers for Farming (presumed): 95%+ ODR (860+ resist, 8600+ armor) 25k dps + The Part About Mechanics Offensive Mechanics Attack speed is by FAR the best offensive stat for a monk. I currently have +60% attack speed, and when combined with stunning attacks (FoT, WotHF) you can easily mow down any number of non-elite enemies. Attack Speed: Increased spirit generation through faster attacks Constant stunlock even on fast enemies Apparent 100% uptime of chance on-hit or on-crit mechanics (need more testing for on-hit, does not look like they are attack speed normalized) Easy spirit generator effect weaving (I often run FoT:Blinding Flash and Deadly Reach:Armor buff) Further attack speed increase by Spirit Generator attack speed multipliers (mechanics still in testing, unclear if there are frame rate thresholds or not. see: for old info. Would love an update) Dexterity: Increases damage and armor, making it your next best stat. Crit: I'm sure there is a crit-based build out there. It plays well with Attack speed. Crit Damage: Do the math and balance with Crit. What your DPS number means (from ): (1 + passive skill boosts)*(Weapon DPS + ((minimum damage bonus + maximum damage bonus)/2)*Attack Speed)*(Weapon Damage Multipliers)*(Attack Speed / Weapon Speed)*(1 + ( crit% * crit damage %))*( 1 + (main stat / 100)) This is a terrible formula for Monk's true dps. This DPS calculation is based on auto-attacking with the weapon you have equipped, not using spirit generating attacks. As a result, my character screen shows 23k dps (currently) and a rough test (killing an Inferno Act III tremor) with a stopwatch, I actually do closer to 50k dps using FoT. In other words, if we want to know how fast we kill things, Monks need to build their own DPS calculator/models. This is pretty important as it is possible that the Bliz included one is misleading in terms of what actually minimizes your time-to-kill-an-enemy. Defensive Mechanics As I have worked into Act IV, I have found that monk defense is built upon balancing incoming damage with healing throughput. There are several ways to do this, but our class design encourages some more than others. Life on hit is the current forum fad, and is one of the ways to increase healing throughput. It also scales very well with our best offensive stat, attack speed. Transcendence turns spirit generation into another healing stream, again scaling with attack speed. Our basic skills/pots provide bigger, fixed, heals with longer cd-s. These are meant to offset damage spikes. As commented by bliz, damage is currently a bit too spikey in inferno (and thus these heals feel inadequate). Modeling Monk survival as damage against a fixed health pool is a very bad way to think about Monks. We live as damage reduction machines seeking to constantly meet the incoming flow of pain with well timed healing and defensive cooldowns combined with situational awareness and positioning. This is a very dynamic and exciting way to play...Monks rule. Resist/Armor: Increase these together, keeping % reduction close so you get maximum effect. -% Damage: This is your endgame secret weapon to reach your target reduction. Dodge: Dodge mechanic is not intuitive to everyone. Each additional skill applies its dodge increase on the remainig, undodged damage. Thus, if you have 50% dodge and apply a 15% aura, you actually benefit from an increase of 7.5% dodge (50% undodged * 15% aura), giving a net increase to 57.5% dodge. Block: Block is applied after damage, so dodge mitigates block (can only block un-dodged attacks) but blocks provides a solid increase in survival. Vitality: More health is better, but not all that important once you have high ODR and decent healing throughput. Doorways/Corners: The single best defensive stat in the game. Learn to position yourself well and you will go far. I have found that lower vitality pool with increased resistance is a better combination that the initial math would suggest. Although your effective total health may not be as high, a healing-throughput model implies that the monk goal should be to have just enough health to be out of 1-shot range with constant heals strong enough to refill your hp constantly. Obviously that is unuseable in real gameplay, but the theory is sound. I currently have only 25K hp, down from 60K in Act II. I think this is a little bit low and would prefer to be around 30-35K, but not much higher. By improving resistance over HP I make my healing more EFFECTIVE, letting life-on hit/life per spirit/other regen scale well against my HP pool and my heal-abilities remain powerful. Put another way: The health-on-hit/hp per spirit heals necessary to keep up with low-reduction damage on a huge health pool are unattainable, but the heals necessary to keep up with damage on a smaller higher resistance HP pool are very easy to get. It's a balancing act between expected incoming damage and healing. The State of The Class Desipite the difficulty, I believe monks are currently well balanced. Inferno is, as bliz stated, a bit too spikey, but otherwise it is challenging but fair. Ranged classes certainly feel overly strong at the moment, but a quick glance at their skill trees versus ours makes me believe that this is a gear issue. End game skills are those that scale with gear/stats. We have these in far greater number than any of the ranged classes. Our spirit generators provide a huge DPS boost that other classes do not have. As a result ranged, DH and Wiz in particular, have come much closer to their max damage potential more quickly due to the ability to ignore defensive stats...but they are quickly capping out in damage. Our damage and defense scales exceptionally well with our gear. Yes, monks are more gear dependent, but once you build the gear up, you can faceroll anything using any spec/build you want (don't believe me? go back to Act I and run around). The biggest current issue is our inability to itemize for Magic Find in our basic item set (unlike ranged classes). Also, gear swapping in areas where you don't have Tyriel is really a pain until you solidly outgear the area. Summary: Ranged is around 70-80% of potential endgame, melee closer to 40-50%. Ranged is easier to get to end game with worse gear, and therefore cheaper. Current best items for monks will run 5million (ish) per slot, that's just where we are. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Part About Staying Alive Overall Damage Reduction(ODR) I hit a gear wall leaving Act III. The necessary armor increase (and to a lesser extent resist) were just not feasible given the game's itemization. It is possible to achieve the needed numbers using skills and some AMAZING items, but this was just out of reach. A bit of math digging yielded the solution. Common Formula for Damage Reduction: 1-(1-Armor%)*(1-Resist%)*(1-Melee Natural Reduction) True Formula for Damage Reduction: 1-(1-Armor%)*(1-Resist%)*(1-Melee Natural Reduction)*(1-Other Reduction)*(1-etc) How this changed my life: At 700 resist, 7000 armor Damage Reduction: 93.3% [1-(1-.69)*(1-.69)*(1-.3)*(1-0)] Resist/Armor need to reach 94%: 760, 7600 (60 resist all, 600 armor increase) Other Reduction needed: 10-11% I purchased a decent string of ears with 17% reduction, good resist roll and 60 or so dex (not perfect by any means). Here's what it did to my actual numbers: Before 760 resist, 7800 armor: 94.1% After 740 resist, 7700 armor, 17% other: 95% reduction. A full 1% increase in ODR is HUGE. This alone took me from my early farm Act III goal into my Act IV goal. In game this translated into speed running Act III 5 stack Siegebreaker in 30 min, down from 45. Yes, it matters that much. In order to conquer the end game content, a combination of gear and defensive skills (these multiply in as additional Other Damage Reductions). It is possible to find good enough gear without using -% Damage from Melee/Ranged/Elites (melee is the best by far), but this makes a HUGE difference. Since people keep asking, my stats (no buffs): HP 27000 DPS 25300 Resist 797 Armor 6200 Life on Hit 500 Life steal 2.7% Melee Reduction 17% Ranged Reduction 4% Increased Attack Speed 45% Life Per Spirit 0 Best of luck to all you fellow monks, ByronByron202 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Need Advice ACT 3, just after Ghom Can someone check my gear, skills, etc and do a analyses on my toon? I really need some solid advice! Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Mantra problem. Whenever I use my dashing strike ability I continuously refresh my mantra of conviction, which in turn depletes my spirit very quickly. This had just started happening, I doubt this is a new feature with monks. Any help is appreciated.Haasdelgado4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 All you cheap monk build tutorials Yes you provide a point that it doesn't need insanely gears to beat inferno. But come on, we all know it is highly based on luck. I dont know what the name of the monster is, but tell me how you guys can beat these elites (elites that have given me trouble and I have to skip) The elite in Act3 which summons minions. He has frozen, molten and invenerable minions. And the problem is he runs away when getting hit. So tell me how you can kill this elite? Also, wrong combination in wrong places like fast molten in tunnels with arcane. Vortax with horde in tight spaces etc. Sure you can say you have beaten inferno but that doesn't it is do-able all the time.jayliu19843 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 FIRST FIST WEAPON I DID NOT VENDOR! P/C 812.7 dps 351-810 dmg 1.40 attack per speed 245-563 arcane damage 650 LIFE ON HIT 60 % CRITICAL HIT DMG 3.00% DMG CONVERTED TO LIFE I had a couple monk friends with me at the time that said its worth quite a bit! Looking for help on pricing this thing thanks for the help guyskevonguyen13 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Selling 2 monk weapons item 1 spear 848.9 dps 81 dex 127 vit 2.40 life steal has socket item 2 mace 895.8 dps 132 dex 82 crit chanceMute4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 What to do with all my gear Hey all, I beat inferno recently without the AH at all. Lightning monk. Since I wasn't using the AH, I never knew if I'd be able to find the pieces I need in my resist of choice as easily as some other random one, so I started collecting all of them. I have a LOT of random pieces of different resists... I think pushing 100 different things (might keep, for example, 3 different pairs of fire resist boots since one had high strength (edit: meant dex), one had high vit, and one had high resist). Now that I've cleared the game, I think I can safely shed all my other stuff. The gear isn't great, mostly. I have a few pieces that seem pretty good, but pretty good self-found loot is not pretty-good AH loot, so I don't know what to do. I have no idea what stuff is worth... most or all of it may be garbage. Should I spend hours and hours trying to research and post stuff for sale on AH? Try to sell the lot of it or all of each type of resist? Post screenshots on here and try to get help pricing stuff to sell? Or should I just salvage everything? Opinions?ztking17 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 PC on belt for Monk Hi Maybe a little difficult to tell values until the patch filters through the AHs, but ballpark price for this belt would be helpful. I'm Euro server player; 447 armour (inc. +155 as a stat) 142 dex 63 vit 60 cold resist 31 AR +304 life per second It seems that for a Monk stacking cold, this would be worth a lot - the life/sec is quite a nice roll plus high dec and perfect cold. I'm a WD player so input appreciated.Triachus0 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 so ive only played new patch for five mins and Wothf is def replacing fot its pretty much the same thing now with a dot added winningChiodoz12 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Lookin for tips on build - 35k dps, 700 resis I have 35k dps and 700 resist but I want to be "facerolling" act 2 and dominating act 3. Any tips on which stat to focus on for act 3/4?Bowes8843 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 WTS FULL POISON MONK GEAR Real money, paypal only. Pst offers hereLindsan2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Price Check: 988dps fist 2.4% life, 70% crit Been thinking about selling this weapon. Looking for real money. Wondering what people think of it. Price Check: 988dps fist 2.4% life 70% crit 1.4 Attack per second.Bowes8842 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Reactivating SW overrides snapshot? Sometimes I'm running and can't get an attack in or some other random reason, and I need to keep my SW stacks up, so I just reactivate it. Does this reset the damage on it to your current damage or keep the snapshot damage at the beginning of the first activation?GMONEYTRICK5 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Why can't i beat inferno Act 2?? Here is my gear. i think it is pretty damn good but that's just me. someone please give me tips? also with critical hit i do about 50K and i do critical alot. Gear- [IMG][/IMG] Stats- [IMG][/IMG] the stats above are unbuffed, with my buff and a friends who i play with alot. my resist to all is 900 and i still cannot beat act 2LeetPanda11 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Patch notes Issue:Monk's Exploding Palm v1.04 ...KodiakDuck5 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 CM/WW wiz Start NEW MONK Needing advice Hey guys first of all thanks for clicking on thread. I have been using and still use a 60 well geared melee wizard and recently started a monk who is at 34 or so. I love the class so far and was wondering kind of like the wizard class does the monk community have any inferno viable popular builds that most people use? And besides obvious stats what stats to support build do you look for? I am kind of using my melee wiz to farm monk gear for when he hits 60+. Thanks again guys!salameri5448 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Has anyone else overhauled their RES gear? Coming up through Hell, I found several good Arcane Resistance items, so I started collecting those. But I found numerous good items with different resistances on them, so I saved many of them in my stash, just in case I found enough to switch. Last night, after collecting another good physical resistance item, I dragged out all my RES-based toys, discovered I had a lot of physical resistance gear, and started swapping. Overall, I managed to keep my DEX within 20 points of my original, bumped my ARM by 1,100 (roughly 175 from STR upgrades), upped my DPS by 900, tacked on a shield, raised my resistances from 266 to around 426, and only dropped my health from 35K to 31K (but I'm sure I'm getting the best of it in terms of effective-HP, not counting the removal of a 5% elite damage reduction on my body armor). Basically, my hoarding suddenly resulted in a full flip of my gear. I feel like I'll still get nailed the next time I try Act 2, but my character is suddenly much further along the path to taking it on, even if I gave up a few good arcane/all combos in the retooling process. Has anyone else done this? If so, have you done it more than once? (I realize that those of you who use the AH almost certainly haven't, as you can select the best of the best, so this question is mostly for the smaller, non-AH crowd, but your stories are certainly welcome!)Vrkhyz9 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Looking to go Tank monk HELP! Hi every one , mike88#1299 here I'm looking to go towards tank monk anybody that can tell me what to concentrate on that would be very helpful and how much gold i should get!Mike888 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Farming Build Thought I'd share my act 1 inferno farming build since it's so janky: It's the build on my monk whenever I have all magic find equipped. Otherwise, sorry, it's not, check back later. Ya it's a bit low budget, I don't play too much. But I farm up 1 million an hour in items. Basically it's an infinite tempest rush build with ~+70% move speed. I ignore the trash and run straight to the elites. Kill, repeat. 10 second duration rune for sweeping wind so it's rarely off. After all elite battles are only a minute or two so I want it at 3 stacks from the start. In group play when the gear was worse I ran resolve instead of seize the initiative. We split up to scout, my speed helped there, I told everyone where the elite was, cleared the trash for the dps with sweeping wind then tanked for them. Also why it's slightly too defensive/under-offensive for solo even now, but it still works well. I'm probably going to ditch the build to beat the game, except to use tempest rush to skip to the bosses then switch builds.ShadowBob8 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 viable patch 1.04 monk build!YUb!YZbcaZ i linked my current patch 1.0.4 monk build that i will be using after the servers come back up today.... I went over the current skills buffs and nerfs and balancing that was tossed at the monk with the new patch and this seems very viable and like its going to be a very hard hitting monk with lots of survivability that can be used in all acts of inferno mode and create a fun gaming experience that doesnt involve everyone using a cookie cutter build... So let me tell you what and why i selected what i did for this build and the gear needed to go with it. First my gear..... I chose pretty standard monk gear for this build with 1 twist I dont need any LoH period to survive Weapon = 1 H fist wep.... I wanted Crit Damage % , Dex , Vit, and Life Per spirit Spent Shield = I wanted 10% crit chance , Dex, Vit, and All resistances Gloves = I wanted Crit Chance %, Crit Damage, dex, vit, Boots = 12 %movement speed , Dex, Vit, All res Bracers = 5% crit chance, 5% melee dmg reduction, Dex , Vit , All Res Shoulders= Dex , Vit, All res, Melee dmg reduction Chest = Dexterity, 3 Sockets, Vitality, All Res, 3 Star Emeralds Pants = Dexterity , 2 Sockets, Vitality , All res, 2 Star Emeralds Helmet = Dex , Vit, 1 socket, All res, crit chance %, 1 star amythest Rings = Crit chance %, Attack Speed %, Dexterity, Vitality , All Res Amulet = Crit chance %, Crit Damage %, Dex , Vit, All Res ok so thats the typical gear that u want for this build . Here is how the build works its rather simple Life per spirit spend stacks with transcendance you want to try and get atleast 100.00 LPSS Wave of light acts as both a damage dealing spell and a Spammable heal Fists of thunder is runed and used for Spirit gain... every time u crit u gain 15 spirit +6 spirit from the main attack meaning when u crit u gain 21 spirit back I use the heal rune with serenity for oh !@#$ moments I use heal with the 15% damage rune for a 45 sec damage increase to use with my wave of light I use 250 spirit passive so that i can cast off wave of light 3-4 times repeatedly dealing massive damage in ALL directions One with everything is for survivability Sweeping wind provides another giant heal and a steady flow of damage I use Mantra of healing with Circular breathing or the resist % rune depending on whether or not i need more spirit regen or resistances I have had lots of success with this build before patch 1.0.4 and this build is getting a giant buff after the patch so if u guys decide to try it out please leave comments or tweaks on howto change it or make it better if possible..... NO TROLLING please if u dont like the build just dont play it there is no guideline that says everyone has to play the same build so no need to troll but I always like critique's and suggestions hope you guys like this build if you have any questions whisper me in game Spliffstar84#1177Spliffstar843 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Starting a thread for new builds new builds that monks are going to be using/trying out in this patch for a3 and a4 put em up boysChiodoz0 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Exploding Palm - Impending Doom •Exploding Palm •Changed from 220% weapon damage over 3 seconds to 745% weapon damage over 9 seconds •Skill Rune - Impending Doom •Duration increased from 6 seconds to 15 seconds. Does it mean 745% dmg over 15 sec Or 1241% over 15sec? (745/9*15)marss6 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Help Monk Belial Inferno Hey guys. I've been working on getting past Belial in Act 2 Inferno for a while now and having no luck. Basically it's very easy for me to get through the first couple of phases, and then when I'm up against the huge mega Belial, I can fairly easily get him down to about 40% health, but he then proceeds to go nuts, doing massive green firebombs. In the earlier part of the fight, I can usually dodge them OK, or use Serenity if I need to, or even survive one good hit from one and use Breath of Heaven or a potion to heal up, but this part of the fight just seems to go on and on. My current profile looks like this I've played around a bit with using Mantra of Conviction instead for more damage, but that doesn't seem to help. I've been told two things, but neither seems correct... or are they? One is that I really need more DPS. I don't get this suggestion, honestly, as I have no trouble at all getting Belial down to 40% of his life in a pretty reasonable fashion, and it doesn't seem to matter how quickly I do it, or how slowly, when he gets to a certain point in his life bar he always goes nuts. The other is that if I can get past the two earlier phases, that I should be able to get past Belial in the last phase, and that it's entirely a problem of me being better at dodging. I have a hard time with this one too, the green fireballs are so thick and fast, it just seems impossible, I quickly end up with Serenity, Breath of Heaven and potion on cool down and then die (twice, with Near Death Experience). Then again, I did have a lot of trouble with the Butcher the first dozen or so times... I've probably tried Belial 40 times at this point. Any help gratefully received!Boccinato9 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 sell me stuff to improve my monk >3mil let me know if u got items that can raise my stats for under 3mil :D, it shouldnt compenstate/lower anything thou. :DEaster0 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Monk. A watered down barbarian? So this patch is a huge disappointment to me. These spirit spenders they have buffed - honestly, who cares if wave of light deals 300% dips now? It's still crap. I don't have a answer to one question: is there anything a monk can do better than a barb? We have less HPs, less armor, less DPS, less utility, worse heals. Our items are more expensive. Now they buff 2-handers, which are Barb's primary weapons of choice and pretty useless for us. OK. Can anyone tell me, why would anyone pick a monk over barbarian?Shudoyama14 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Looking for act 3 farmers with MF swap Just looking for act 3 farmers, especially with the upcoming patch, just gathering a few members for a group. Personally i've got 45-50k dps (fluctuating atm with gear changes) 800 res. Also working on my mf gear which is 260-270%, but only looking to upgrade the stats itself not mf amount, so if you have similar MF, damage (and survivability) add me in game #Slezick6929 thanksSlezick4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 WTB A FULL SET COLD RESIS MONK Guys, Please do let me know if you have any full set Cold resist items to sell. If possible, do paste me the images of the items and the prices, thanks alot! Greatly appreciated =)jsopx2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 This isn't the trading forum. Nor is it the auction house.Shaitara4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 1h + 1 shield or 2 x 1h? hi all, can someone explain to me that whether a monk should use 1h + 1 shield or 2 x 1h?Chris4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Lovely bracer for arcane monk add me s0cks0ck#1373 if you are interesteds0cks0ck1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 One With Everything - Rip Off The Bandaid! So the monk preview is up: And they're not doing any thing to fix One With Everything (1we). Yes, I know it would hurt at this point if they changed 1we to no longer apply a buff based on a single resist type. We'd all likely have to re-gear. But, in the long run, it would be better. The longer they wait to fix this broken mechanic, the more entrenched we'll become in these gear sets. "Wait and see" isn't going to make 1we better, it is just going to make it worse. The big problem with 1we isn't that it is a "mandatory" passive. Barbs have impunity as a "mandatory" active skill and nobody thinks that is bad. The problem with 1we is that, unlike impunity, it wastes an entire attribute slot on every one of our armor pieces. Barbs achieve equivalent resists to monks by using impunity, but they only need one resist slot on gear to do it, whereas monks need two. If they fix that problem, nobody will care whether 1we is "mandatory" or not. Some possible ways to fix 1we, just brainstorming: 1) 1we simply buffs your resists by 50%, like impunity. Not very original, but it accomplishes the appropriate defensive buff, without screwing us on itemization. (Although we're still a little screwed compared to barbs just because DH want dex/crit/res all gear too) 2) 1we buffs your resist all by 1000% of your dodge. (50% dodge = 500 resist all), nice because it scales (indirectly) off dex, which is something we want to stack anyway. Bonus points because it might actually allow for greater gear diversity, as people would considering trading down resists for pure dex. 3) 1we buffs your resist all by 15% of the sum of all your stats. Keeps with the "everything" theme. Not too different from 2) in the effect it has on gearing, but would be a little stronger at the high-end, and weaker at the low-end (if that is desireable). 4) 1we increases your armor by 500% of your lowest resist. IE 600 resist all -> 3000 bonus armor. Just another way to approximate the effect of Impunity without being a carbon copy. Makes the resist all stat better instead of forcing a second stat to be stacked. 5) Any time you take more than 15% of your life in a single hit, 1we gives you a 5 second buff that redirects 30% of all incoming damage. (Like crushing advance) These are just brainstorms, there's tons of possible fixes, but one thing they all need to have in common is removing the dependence on a second (otherwise useless) itemization slot. Monk dependence on resist all + resist one may let us get high resist numbers when we're low on the itemization curve, but as we move up the itemization curve it is an anchor around our necks.vishnu79 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 >>>WTB Fist/Sword<<< 850+ DPS, 800+ LoH, Open socket. Please post weapons and prices here.Iceburnz9 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Act I Inferno Monk Farming Video When I hit 60 and started Inferno I couldn't find much information about where to farm due to forums being overrun with argument about this and that. This is the best route I've found in Act I Inferno. Some people get stuck in Act II, like myself, and resort to farming for gold to buy gear. This is just what I like to run, I don't claim to be the best, i'm just trying to share information. If you don't like it that is fine, but hopefully it helps some people. After vendoring, gold pick up, and auctions i made anywhere from 100k to 200k per run and you can do it three times in a hour so it usually nets ~300k per hour. Real ID: Carter122386@gmail.comAscent070 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Gearing Help (Inferno Act 3) Well i know whats crap (about everything) Looking for advice with what i should improve first - the biggest improvement to progress. One item at a time sort of deal; with a budget of 500,000 a piece. If you have related links it would be appreciated. Any reliable advice infact. Thanks, Koopa~KoopaTroopa4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Looking for a shield Hi all, I have all but given up on dual welding to farm act 3 so i am looking for a shield. Need the following stats Based Def 1k+ Block on Shield 25%+ Crit Hit Chance 7.0%+ Magic Find 15%+ Dex 80+ Vit 80+ Please come forward and look for me in-game if u have something to what i need. donisano#1103Donisano2 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Please help review how to complete inferno... Hi All Can you all review my Char Highlander monk and give advise on how i can complete act 3 and 4 in inferno. I can clear minions no issues but struggle with the elites. I have 24k dps and 60k health and about 750 resist all. thanks MichaelHighlander233 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Looking for some pointers. Just came back So i havent played for a little over a month until recently, kind of coming back with 1.0.4. When i left i was in the start of A3. I can build a 5 stack and move slowly with a 1h/sheild combo but if i get a bad combo its instant restart required. Any tips comments recommendations from looking at my profile?Bubbz1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 does anyone use combination strike? just curious if anyone is using this passive. im rotating through crippling wave (with concussion, breaking wave or rising tide depending on situation), fist of thunder (lightning flash) and deadly reach (keen eye) and i have been very vey happy with how it is turning out. dps-wise, it can push me up to 20k+ from my base 15k (which is rather respectable, and with around 50k base dps its gonna be an even greater jump). my full dps-build will have the following skills: the best part, however, is how i can maintain survivability while being able to push dps up. im essentially benefiting from both dodge and armour bonus, on top of the additional debuffs crippling wave offers. from what i can see, lightning flash procs on even oridnary strikes of fist of thunder (i.e. i dont have ot wait for the 3rd strike), and frm the tooltips it seems that you dont need the 3rd strike of crippling wave to land the debuffs from concussion and breaking wave, either. essentially, landing the 3rd strike is essential only for deadly reach, which makes rotation much much easier. also, you dont need to keep rotating through them. you merely have to go through 1 rotation of fot, dr and cw to benefit from the dps bonus. i basically alternate between these 2 builds: DPS-centric (act 1 and 2) mouse: deadly reach (left click since its easier to kite) fist of thunder (i can just use this most of the time as the dodge bonus alone is enough for dmg mitigation) keyboard breathe of heaven (blazing wrath) / dashing strike (blinding speed) in act 2 sweeping wind (cyclone with high crit chance) crippling wave (breaking wave every full rotation of fot) mantra of conviction (overawe) / (intimidation) in act 2 Survivability (act 3 & 4) mouse: deadly reach (left click since its easier to kite) fist of thunder *i rotate through dr and fot for maximum benefit. and because they are all on the mouse its v easy)* keyboard serenity (4 sec rune) dashing strike (blind speed) <- my spirit dump crippling wave (concussion) mantra of evasion (har target) passives include: one with everything 6th sense (i have abt 45% crit chance. statistically, it offer better dmg mitigation than armour bonus from seize the initiative, especially after the diminishing return with constant use of keen eye) and of couse, combination strikeshuonanz5 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 226 dex 42 light res 66 all res boots looking for quick saleQside1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 seven sided strike need a reduction on cd 30 second just way to long, wouldn't be on my monk skill tab unless they nerf the cool down to 15 or under.IMCL850 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Will this be enough to beat diablo? I died in phase 2 against Diablo because of a costly mistake. I'd like to try it again (might get lucky) but I'm wondering if I can get through the last phase with what I have now.mooniesuzuki8 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 What is the max DPS a Monk can have Im kinda curious as to how much we could actually have so anybody can post the highest they have seen of if they think they have most link their profile :)HxCSavage3 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Unidentified Shop 2012 Welcome! Join my game if you are interested - #SSDD 1231 Status: Online July 29, 2012. 9:35am GMT+8 Jewelry 1 Ring (lvl 61) - 400k ea 1 Amulet (lvl 61) - 400k ea 1 Amulet (lvl 62) - 900k ea Armor 1 Bracer - Razorspikes (lvl63) - 250k ea 1 Shoulder - Archon (lvl63) - 250k ea Weapon - 1 Hand 1 Heaven Hand - Fist (lvl63) - 750k ea 1 Veil Piercer - Ceremonial Knife (lvl63) - 600k ea Weapon - 2 Hand SOLD SOLD - 1 Hellion Crossbow - Crossbow (lvl63) - 1.5M SOLD - 2 Runesword - Sword (lvl63) - 900k ea SOLD - 1 Belt - High Scabbard (lvl63) - 250k ea SOLD -1 Arch Axe - Axe (lvl63) - 800k ea -SSDD4 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 2H Daibo spirit regen is still at 2.5? So 2H Weapon got a buff stats but does it include Diabo spirit regen to 5? Patch noted only said: ...KepneR0 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 1.04 for monks, really? mainly spirit regen.. how many of you out there think that the skills / passives that they are BUFFING are worth using... bars / wiz can easily tank over monks dh / bars can easily dps over monks now with the brand new buffs that wd are getting does that push monks to the bottom of the list?? name one thing that monks are really good for in terms of skills?DEATHLOCK9 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 What's the best Spirit Generator? Hey I'm wondering what the best Spirit Generator is for the monk. Any suggestions?Trevor1 Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 Official Patch Notes Aug 21, 2012
Aug 21, 2012 monk gear/stats help my only goal, the same as everybody, is to be able to farm act three alone. I feel as if i have hit a brick wall in my gear though. It seems like anywhere i try to improve something i end up loosing more than i gain by swapping out any piece of my current gear. ultimately i want a very high damage resist and around 20k dps but i need help in finding out what stats i need to look for and how much on each individual piece of gear. any professional monk assistance will be greatly appreciated. my current gear set and stats: Aug 21, 2012