Witch Doctor

Aug 24 Smk still viable? Smk or dagger of darts for zuni build? Do people still use big bad voodoo?bugoy3 Aug 24
Aug 24 Very dumb question So... I've been trolling the forums for a long time, here and the wizard forums before WD. I'd post once in awhile, but I can't seem to figure out how to see DETAILS on gear. I know you can go to the profile, and select by int.. By crit... But I see ppl talk about multiple stats at a time on 1 piece. I'd LOVE to see all the gear with all the stats... Where are people going to see that?Sargaris2 Aug 24
Aug 24 Possible bug with Staff of Chiroptera? I've rerolled it 16x already(800 souls) and not once has it been ancient... My friend rolled it 15x before it became ancient... I realize luck and RNG are apart of the game.. but luck and RNG isn't consistent... When 2 people roll a total of 31x for 1 ancient.. that doesn't seem accurate for 10(or 15%) chance for ancient. This sample size is small however, does anybody else have experiences like we do? Also anybody seen the post on forums about Kadala's bull!@#$ 10%? I think the internal numbers are inaccurate, and when using a large sample size it shows it's definitely not as it says it isBreezybombs11 Aug 24
Aug 24 Ancient sacred harvester reroll advice Please see my profile for Zen (seasonal). Stats are the following 8% dmg ~900 int 5% ias Which one do I reroll and what should I roll it into? Thanks in advance for your advice.sartois2 Aug 24
Aug 23 Speed Jade T13's/Bounties w/o In-Geom First off, lemme get this out of the way since I see this a lot on forums and, to a lesser extent, in game. Regardless of build, paragon level, gear or enchantments... if you're looking for a sub 5 min run, just like GRifts, you gotta fish. There's a REASON nearly every sub 5 min T13 clear you see on YouTube involves either Sescheron, Battlefields or Highlands. Max density of elites and mobs you'll find in Rifts are on these maps. Period. End of story. It's less about gear and build (although yes, these are important) and more about fishing. So if you don't see one of these maps by level 2, port out and start a new game; if you're looking for that achievement anyway. Secondly, and more to the point of this thread, if you're sporting a Jade build this patch like me then you've been looking for a viable non-chicken-speed-capable-variant that serves well in both Bounties *and* T13's. The answer is simple: Krelm's Buff Belt + Fierce Loyalty Since I'm a cold variant Jade it's a bit easier on me since my elemental is cold already, but all I do when I'm switching from Grifts to Bounties/T13's is swap out my Transcendence for Krelm's and dump Swampland for Fierce Loyalty. Done. Assuming you maintain 10 Harvest stacks, run speed at minimum is +90% at max (no pylon/shrine or SW) is 130% and usually floats at +115% since dogs will engage eventually. With Jaunt (I prefer it so it allows me to stand in slop longer) you're at 180% max run and if you're a fan of Severance that puts you at a +280% top speed (not counting pylons/shrines). I regularly do full clears in T13 anywhere from 7-9 minutes. Again, FULL clears. That includes stopping for chests, clickables, goblins and grabbing all leg drops. My personal best "speed" run (no stopping for chests, clickables, or goblins) was just under 4 minutes. All that with only moderately good gear, only 830ish paragon and a paltry 4 enchants (2 level 50, 2 level 70). AND... It works great in Bounties. You still hit like a truck with minimal impact to your Jade build. This is about as simple as you can get without the need to build a specialized build/gearing choice to get speed clears done and not get booted from Bounties for being a slow ****. If this works for you, great; if not, no harm no foul. /peacewahskcirt5 Aug 23
Aug 23 Dow does Locust Swarm spread? When using the Cloud of Insects rune with Creeping Death, is it more of a "set it and forget it" kind of a thing? let's say we pull a blue elite pack with say 20 trash mobs being pulled in. Do I just cast Locust Swarm once and they and not have to worry about it until we engage the next encounter in the Grift? ps: I'm playing HT Firebats.Judgmnt12 Aug 23
Aug 23 Band of hollow whispers Hey! Does anyone know if Band of hollow whispers proc RoE ring if it is worn by follower?SamZone3 Aug 23
Aug 23 Travelers Pledge - Reroll Int or AS? Hello, I dropped a pretty good Travelers Pledge yesterday on Season. The stats are: Int - 657 AS - 7% Critical dmg - 73% Critical hit chance - 10% My para is 333 so far and I only started playing last night (got boosted by a friend :)) What should I Reroll? I have heard both int and AS arguments.Sudi3 Aug 23
Aug 23 Does mantle of a channeling boost pet damage? Title. Also does Stricken still boost pet damage? Both of them have similar wording to the new roe that doesn't boost pets anymore.R34P3R12 Aug 23
Aug 23 Questions regarding specific WD pet mechanics I recently started a Witch Doctor for the first time in seasons. I'm doing HT Garg spec for now. I have him fairly geared up, enough to complete a 4-man GR78. I have some specific questions with how pets work. I'm not sure if I'm correctly maximizing my dps output. 1) How do pets interact with occulus ring? Do they benefit if I'm standing in it or only if they are? 2) How do WD pets work with AIS from gear? Someone claimed it doesn't make them attack faster, just harder. Is this right? 3) Are there breakpoints I need to worry about for Gargs? I have 50% TnT. I understand the % doesn't matter. Is that always the case? What about with specific attack speed buffs(Transgression etc.)? 4) Does the attack speed buff from the Speed Pylon affect my pets at all? 5) How do the pets decide what to attack? Is it just whatever the closest mob is?Savage8 Aug 23
Aug 23 Remove garg CD Why is it on 60 seconds, it doesn't make any sense. Can't reposition often enough and if you die after a resummon in a GR, might as well just leave game, as you're dead in the water for a full minute. No other class has this kind of punishment. 60 seconds - why, it lasts forever, why would a minute CD make sense in any way, shape or form?decx14 Aug 23
Aug 23 WD Hardcore question If I just used Spirit Walk and its on a cooldown .... will SpiritVessel work or will I just die?Jason1 Aug 23
Aug 22 Diablo 3 Season 7 WD GR87 (video) zero augmen https://youtu.be/Uuvuk_vk5N4 Paragon 836 Enforcer 83 Bane of the Trapped 83 Bane of the Stricken 82 http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Doggys-2178/hero/81368732Doggys2 Aug 22
Aug 22 Gr 45 lon achievement ... what works? Like the title, I was just wondering what anyone might have done to accomplish this? What gear (if any) was essential? What build did you use?drumdrum7 Aug 22
Aug 22 [New Set Suggestion] Mad Mojo Makers Wraps. (a sacrifice/ big bad voodoo themed set) Pieces: Voodoo mask shoulders hands chest legs feet Ceremonial knife (rolls 75-100% sacrifice damage) Set bonus: 2) Each cast of sacrifice reduces the cooldown of Big Bad Voodoo by 5 seconds, this effect is doubled while under the effect of Big Bad Voodoo. 4) Big Bad Voodoo gains the effect of every rune. 6) Sacrifice will now consume up to 500 mana to increase the damage of Sacrifice by up to 5000%. 8) (but wait... there's only 7 pieces in the set? [me: Mwah ha ha... figure it out...]) You may now have an additional 14 zombie dogs.Zarono2 Aug 22
Aug 22 Alternate Weapon to Ancient Sacred Havester? I have reforged 40 times (2000 forgotten souls) for an Ancient Sacred Havester and it only come up once with godly awful stat like: - Low damage - Int - Mana gen - Socket Now that I have completely drain all my forgotten soul and lost faith in RNG god, I need an advice from you experts for an alternate weapon while keep Sacred Havester in cube. Perhaps ? - Pig Sticker - Azurewrath - Utar Roar (Craft Cold Axe) - Other WD knife ? Or is there any other variant of HT Garg ? I have all the gears to run both Jade ROE and HT Garg. I just want to complete GR80 and call off this season. Currently, using a 3100DPS Monster Hunter and cleared GR75.vaansteer5 Aug 22
Aug 22 Helltooth Garg How To Destroy Breakables? Is there any way to do this other than using say a Wall of Death (which requires lining it up first anyway, so you hit it with the outer rim and not the centre)? ThanksDarkWolf9 Aug 22
Aug 21 LoN flaming dots Doctor (need opinion) Here's the set up I'm going for, but have not yet completed/ gotten ancients. So I'd like an opinion: Quetzalcoatl (haunt and locust swarm deal their damage in half the time) Mantle of channeling Cindercoat Magefists Coils of the first spider (firebat bracers) Hwoj wrap (locust swarms slows by 80% belt) Swampland waders (pants that roll elemental damage, not using the affix) Firewalkers (thematic, but optional) The staff of the first Chiroptera (firebat staff) And, of course, the LoN rings Any decent amulet. Cube: Locust swarm mojo (gains pest rune and boost damage 60%) Firebat belt (firebat a do 200% more damage to enemies affected by locust swarm) Band of emptiness (enemies affected by haunt and locust swarm take 400% more damage from you) Gems: Bane of the trapped Bane of the stricken Esoteric alteration Abilities: Locust swarm (fire rune) Haunt (fire rune) Firebats (the one that rapidly summons 2 bars for 750% weapon damage) Pharanahs (for the bonus damage) Open slot, open slot (something movement/ defense related)Zarono5 Aug 21
Aug 20 One small request Please allow Wall of Death to destroy objects (breakable doors, barrels, urns etc). ThanksSightedNZ7 Aug 20
Aug 20 Uh... should I really roll the int off? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/StoleOwnCar-1814/hero/76849872 The dagger... People in chat were telling me to roll the int off for AD... which isn't something I've heard of much. Any other roll advice is fine... Really I'm trying to get a better ring. I've done through 80 4p with this POS, which is pretty high for how long I've been playing, but I could def go higher with a better Rose.StoleOwnCar9 Aug 20
Aug 19 So this is a sheet decrease??? I found a new sacred harvester with these stats: 2957.6 1457-1798 10% damage (enchanted) 901 intel 9% cdr Gifted socket When i did the comparison holding shift to disregard the emerald in my equiped weapon it showed a 2.4% increase. When i compared them side by side without any emeralds it was a .9% decrease. Sure enough once i gifted it and tossed in the emerald it was a sheet decrease. Im not at all mad, i plan to use this knife for jade, but im a little confused...k1llface2 Aug 19
Aug 19 5% pet dmg vs 128 int Isn't 128 int 128% dmg better or is the pet dmg better because it's applied after int is calculated? HalpWinterfell2 Aug 19
Aug 19 gr75 Still cant finish gr75..havent find any sacred harvester yet. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khorne-1449/hero/23533303Khorne4 Aug 19
Aug 19 New Legendary Item Suggestion Manajuma's Eternal Yolk Legendary Belt Primary + Intelligence + Armor Secondary <> While in Angry Chicken form and for 3 seconds after exploding you are immune to crowd control effects and take 66% less damage. +3 Random Magic Properties "Chief Manajuma created many rituals to harden his tribe, most of which involved heating water."Razorphilia0 Aug 19
Aug 19 I got an easy fix for Pet WD (Suggestion) Spirit Walk - Umbral Shock Redesigned from "Your Physical Body erupts and deal 750% damage as fire to enemies within 10 yards" to "When Spirit Walk ends, your pets appear around your location".DoomBringer9 Aug 19
Aug 19 Witch Doctor Chicken Farm Build Hey guys! I've had a few people in pub games ask me how to play the chicken build after they saw it in action. So I made a quick video showcasing the chicken build and how it works. Included are the skills and passives I run, the useful items you're going to want, and what you should cube. I've recently started making guides so I'm using useful topics as practice. Hope it helps :)! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LiEjgAwSH0&feature=youtu.beBoki4 Aug 19
Aug 19 Jade 2pc @WD’s 2pc Jade Set bonus does 120 secs worth of Haunt on an already Haunted monster. Haunt itself does 40000% over 12 secs. Does that mean when you Haunt a haunted monster, it does 40,000% weapon damage? That sounds huge….am I reading it wrong? Sorry if i sound noob...I'm noob to WD.... :>Ryoka5 Aug 19
Aug 19 Sacred harvester vs Furnace Has anyone number crunched to see at what intellect SH out performs Furnace. I tested a bit and I average about 10% more dmg with furnace at 11k intelSwolebro13 Aug 19
Aug 18 Arachyr. i've been watching BigDaddyDens' stream and he touched a bit on the differences between HT and Arachyr when it comes to Firebats damage. as it turns out, it's all a matter of 20% increased damage between the two sets. that's what sets them apart. i do hope that come this next PTR cycle, they'll give this slight buff to Arachyr to make it compete with HT. i think that you should drop the Firebats skill from helltooth altogether.KushiSensei12 Aug 18
Aug 18 Jade vs HT garg Which is more efficient at solo GR 75-80? I threw together Jade yesterday and after getting used to it, running 78 was easy. Does it come down to personal preference?Shooter5 Aug 18
Aug 18 wd first time try season with doctor.. ht is damn damn boring build...I hate waiting my fvcking pets kill ....damn itLezard1 Aug 18
Aug 18 Staff of chiroptera 10% Damage or 24% AD Staff of chiroptera Currently I have rolled 10% Damage on this Should I change it to 24% Area Damage? Anyone know for this build Character named 'Box' is wearing this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Northstar-1828/hero/79341514 All advice welcome ThanksNorthstar13 Aug 18
Aug 18 Season 7 Paragon 786 GR86 (video) HT build GR86: https://youtu.be/utXFkwh542k Paragon 786 Enforcer 80 Bane of the Trapped 76 Bane of the Stricken 76 http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Doggys-2178/hero/81368732Doggys0 Aug 18
Aug 18 Ring of EMPTINESS Quick question I saw a thread on here with a video that said you had to manually cast Locust swarm to gain the bonus of the ring with Haunt. I can't seem to find it now and I was wondering if this is true, A bug or something that will go live. Considering the combination of Wormwood and the new Vile hive off hand. LS all ready spreads about automatically. So why should it have to be cast manually.VINEUK7 Aug 18
Aug 17 What level in a group grift can I be a good dpser based on my solo grift? I mean, last season I knew that if I could solo dps a 75, with 2 good supporters I could go higher not only because I would have more survivability/density, but because the supports buffed the dpser damage by a lot. This damage buff is not the case anymore, so I want to know: If I can confortably solo a 75, can I be a good dpser for speed 80? Or how much? Don´t wanna waste people´s time joining party as dpser and not being able to clear the riftsTubs0 Aug 17
Aug 17 "The Seconds" Achievement Are there any tricks to getting this achievement as a witch doctor? I can not get Uber Maghda to spawn thralls quickly enough to get the 12 kills.MicroRNA1 Aug 17
Aug 17 Left Mouse Button Skill Activation So I've noticed that if you accidentally click on an enemy or a red destructible item that it activates your left mouse button skill. I previously had zombie dogs on lmb and if I had accidentally clicked on an enemy and dogs were on cool down, then I died, I am in a lot of trouble until it comes off its long cool down. I've since put piranhas on lmb so if I accidentally click on an enemy then at least it has a fairly short cool down. Is there any way to stop this lmb activation from clicking on monsters or destructibles? Thanks a lot.DarkWolf10 Aug 17
Aug 17 Does Tnt gloves works with... the Acid Blobs from SuWong Diviner?Ryoka2 Aug 17
Aug 17 Revert the Hotfix Was nice being able to open doors with my level 70 WD again. Cleared an 80 GR instead of a 75. Saw threads where people were planning their weekends around playing WD this season..what to drink and all that fun stuff. Then along comes guy/gal with a unique perspective (as evidenced by the community's reaction) buried in a wall of text that is perfectly summed up by the dude: http://imgur.com/gallery/CReyprY ...and voila...back to an ancient geared and augmented level 70, plus undead army, waiting on cool downs behind every door and barrier. Edit: https://twitter.com/Diablo #RevertTheHotfixLiveload239 Aug 17
Aug 17 BUG or Intended? WD & Corrupt Growths.. Currently, pets do not attack Corrupt Growth (Even though they have a health bar and count as an enemy?). The majority of our Primary abilities that don't cost mana do not attack them (Corpse Spiders/Toads.. anything that summons a pet) This would not be so much of an issue except, being a "monster" there health greatly increases with Torment.. Please fix this.. Please.. I feel forced into taking Poison Dart/Fire Bomb just so i can clear them without having to waste my mana pool..Luke15 Aug 17
Aug 17 WD speedbuilds are so good... that I can't go back to a non-angry chicken build now! Season starts, get geared up for HT Garg with angry chicken. Let's run some TX for some keys. Cool! Let's run some GR60 to level up these gems. Cool! Now my gems are 60 and anything 1 shots me so I need to switch to proper gear and no angry chicken. Noooooooooo! Ran 1 GR with the normal set of Lakumbas instead of nemesis, Sacred Harvested and US. I almost cried from moving so slowly.Namcap15 Aug 17
Aug 17 Any GR45 build based on RoE? Hi fellow WD experts, I'm going to start another Seasonal Journey in Europe Server for unlocking stash tab if I can finish the Journey in Asian Server. I know almost every WD are complaining the nerf of this ring but 4x multiplier to self casting from a single piece of gear is huge (may be the highest) and attractive to me as a player who do not main WD. However, the work to get the bonus from this ring is quite complicate (at least to me ^^). So any tips and guides ? Thanks in advance :-)WCLee4 Aug 17
Aug 16 Well now I'm just annoyed Finally took the time to play other classes. Currently have a Wizard running T11 speed farms without much optimization and only 1 cald despair. Now I'm running a DH. Only on T1 ATM, but upon inspection, it appears there's a reasonable speed farm build for every set.... Both of these classes seem to have versatility in their builds, which allows you to somewhat pick and choose on certain items. Makes me wonder wtf is going on with WDs!!!! We basically have 2 builds that are viable for GR, and really HT - gargs with Manajuma is the only viable farm build, unless you want to go with LoN - walker, which I don't consider that viable considering you basically have to be geared for efficient speed farming before you can farm for this set. Point is, Manajuma and Arachyr seem like they would have good speed builds if done right. Only problem is, Bliz doesn't seem to give a crap about fixing everything wrong with WDs and instead are focused on nerfing our group capability........ For the all of like 20 people that play group as a WD... Heaven forbid we should be able to play this game solo without being heavily hindered...HELLBOUNDMAN0 Aug 16
Aug 16 DoT Question I am pretty sure that they changed dots to dynamically update with buffs. Does anyone know if they dynamically change with CC, i.e. if you proc broken promise, will the dot damage change dynamically?EigenVector1 Aug 16
Aug 16 HT Attackspeed Breakpoint Is there attackspeed breakpoint for HT Garg build. I new for WD,but when i used DH long time ago(auto sentry),there are breakpoint for attackspeed. Thank you for info,and sorry bad englishLowenhart2 Aug 16
Aug 16 2.4.2 Zunimassa GR93+ Build (With Video) http://www.diablofans.com/builds/81716-2-4-2-zunimassa-gr93 https://youtu.be/hpIWK38-zJo The Wormwood on the Cube. In the 5th passive i was using Rush of Essence, because i have a good amulet. There are a lot of possibilities in the items: -use Endless Walk instead of Unity/Helfire -use COE instead of Unity -use Zunimassa's Pox, Tasker and Theo and Cube Mask of Jeram -use Zunimassa's Pox, Mask of Jeram ans Cube Tasker and Theo -use Starmetal Kukri/Big Bad Voodoo instead of Sacred Harvester/Soul Harvest -use Strongarm Bracers instead of lakumba's ornament In the passives lot of possibilities to: Grave Injustice and Midnight Feast are mandatory, all the other 2 or 3 can adapt for more damage or toughness.Doggys12 Aug 16
Aug 16 WD T13 Speed Builds? hello! since the start of ros ive been playing wizard only. but with the recent bs i dont want too anymore and am switching to wd this season. ive tried to google t13 speed builds but with my limited understanding for wd i just dont know which build i should pick. is it http://www.diablofans.com/builds/81921-2-4-2-t13-speed-bountys-turbo-chicken or http://www.diablofans.com/builds/81476-2-4-2-t13-pet-helltooth-speed-build maybe? i want to do lots of bountys and t13 rifts with insane speed without ingeom if possible help appreciated - thanks in advance!Garnest11 Aug 16
Aug 16 Wall of Death info needed plz Hello, Using Jeram's Bracer you can cast 3 times "wall of death" before cooldown begins. Do wall of death damages stack ? All of the different wall of death runes too ? I heard only the fire rune damages were stacking but i am not sure about that. Thanks in advance for your help.JWar8 Aug 16
Aug 16 Season 7 Paragon 632 GR80 (video) HT build GR 84: https://youtu.be/UioX4farY6E GR80: https://youtu.be/6lAf8JmrS34 Paragon 632 Enforcer and Bane of the Trapped 40 Bane of the Powerful 25 Profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Doggys-2178/hero/81368732Doggys11 Aug 16
Aug 15 is there a viable solo w/d for season 7 hello not played my w/d much for a while..didn't know about the ring thing so doesnt affect me i would like to still play my w/d i don't play in groups or public's i play solo only i don't look to get on leader-boards ..just looking for a build i can do a 60gr with once geared thank you for any advice oops might help if i mention i would like pets..lots of pets :)UgLyHuMaN3 Aug 15