Witch Doctor

Feb 13, 2013 Thoughts on end-game WD ring? So I'm about ready to retire my Hellfire. What should I look at (High MP PvE focused with some casual/intermittent PvP)? SoJ? Rare? Unity? Litany? Wailing Host?BigRed4 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 what is the "cookie cutter" WD build? havnt played my WD in forever and have no clue where to start.FryChikN3 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 Is this a godly gory fetch? http://i.imgur.com/98Zh9vt.jpg What do you guys think?Treydor5 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 Witch doctor GG PVP build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#geXTUR!ZYV!cYaccZ gg cc 15 plzKayZee18 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 share your pvp build against wizard is spirit barrage or spiders better against wizard? is there any must have specifique skills against wizard? PTR players, plz share your experience. if they use storm armor to attack and ray of frost and blizzard to slow u down.Ryusenka9 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 100 paragon wizard rolling WD -- help w build Will someone view my wizard and tell me what items/stats I need to run a bears build? How much mana regen do I need for a bears build? Should I use my crit mempo? What main hand/off hand do I need? How much pickup radius do I need?JWNZ1 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 WD paragon level 56 needs a tune up Gameplay: A little background first, I typically farm act three with occasional mp5-8 uber/key runs with a barb. and sorc.. I've tried different builds provided from skywalker's thread (fire doc, pets build), but can't find one yet that completely gels with my gear. Since I can't seem to break 100k dps (without skorn), I typically hover in the low range between 50-80k dps. My dps is too low to be useful attack wise on higher mps, so I've pretty much used my WD as a support class with actives: hex/jinx, bbv/slam dance. Budget: 10mil Bottom line: I want to be a well rounded semi-tank/support class that can do act3 speed runs for farming/exp and be better equipped to contribute in mp5-8 uber/key runs w/group.emeraldsword6 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 Pre 1.0.7 Para 100 Honor List with 1.0.7 scheduled for Tuesday February 12, 2013... I wanted to comprise a list of those who hit para 100 the "old school" way before the new XP buffs arrive. If you are para 100 or hit it before 1.0.7 goes in, please see my link and post your hero profile link in there so I can add you to the list. Congrats for all those who have hit 100 already and for those working hard to get there! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895119711 BubbaGumpBubbaGump14 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 skorn or mojo? for mp 7 and above, which one is better? im using a bear/acid cloud buildwarwick52 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 Fellow WDs, what to upgrade? Hey guys. I've got some gold to spend, and I was wondering which of my gear would be the cheapest to replace with the best upgrade. imo it's the gloves, but what do you guys think?Cheshire8 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 what changes do i need to do co op mp10 ubers The WD in my profile...currently around 650-700 unbuffed AR, 44k hp, 98k dps. Just want to run ubers not looking to pass the gear check to solo Mp10.Orwell14 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 13, 2013 Where does my gear fail the hardest? Been looking to make improvements on my WD, just don't where to make them because I suck at gearing this character lol. Any advice on what I should improve? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nattlig-1249/hero/30933207 (PS:I know the gloves a pretty awful.)Nattlig1 Feb 13, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Next upgrade on a strict budget? Sorry, I know there are tons of these threads. But looking for some advice.. My budget is very limited (90 mill is all the gold I have in the world). There are a few things I want but with that budget can likely only afford one of them. I can farm MP2-3 with Goldskin and xp gear with little effort. Can do MP6-7 for key runs but it's quite slow. Any thoughts? Which of my wishlist items is the best bang for the buck? Wishlist: -Cere knife with OS/CD/LS/1k DPS and black damage (cheapest one I've ever seen is 100 mil) -Tal's amulet with at least the same or more CC/CD as my current ammy -Pox with min 5% CC (without vit these are going for 60-70 mil minimum -Zuni boots with AR, while keeping the current int/vit stats on my current set (easily 120-150 mil) -Better blackthorne's with a high vit or int roll and keeps the AR -Lacuni's with CC/int/AR. I have a cheap one I use for speed farming but it has no CC and low AR/int Any thoughts on which to go after first would be appreciated. Or if there is something more critical I should be looking at. Thanks!Vorador7 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 My Act3 WD Speed Run Video ~90m xp/h Check it out! Pretty quick, ~90m xp/h with this spec. It's also a lot of fun!! http://www.xfire.com/video/5e1ced http://www.xfire.com/videos/5e1cbb Spec: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RdUXVY!YeT!acaZbb Edit: ~90m xp/h - Not 100 :(Jonney7 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 little help for the old "new" guy (rate my wd Hey all, Been off this game for a few months now, but I just couldn't stay away forever. Had what I thought was a decent barb dh and wd for the time (now I see I was wrong haha). Got on last night and been lurking the forums long enough to see how awful I am lol. Anyways, I wanna rock a really fun WD build, something like what you're seeing as my skills are now. I know its a bit troll build but I just love pestilence, so I gotta keep that. Did about 4 seigebreaker runs last night with great success and fun. I know I pretty much need to upgrade almost everything--- What do I do first??? haha, this has been my problem looking at peoples profiles on here. Almost all of their items are so much better I dont really know where to begin. Some suggestions would be great. I wanna be swarming mobs down in act 4, set it and forget it style, with some c4 dogs for crowd control and blowing away elite packs. Thanks for any help!Reaper3 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Break down my build/gear. Hey there just another dissect my build post, Pro's & Con's you tell me! Happy to hear from anyone :)Sand12 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Spinning wheels - need some advice! Hi, guys - yes, it's another one of those threads =) Thanks for your time! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Patrynn-1677/hero/9727020 The link above is my MP6 key farming gear/build, and I am having ore issues than I remember (I have been exp farming for awhile now). Not sure if it's just because I am not used to mobs hitting me back or not lol. A few things I know I need to improve are the helm (going to get a CC Visage of Giyua one of these days), and a better amulet (average damage!). The advice I need is: what do I NEED to upgrade to be viable in MP6+ (gear and skill-wise)? I don't have much of a budget, 25-30m once my ~1250 LS Skorn sells.Patrynn5 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Trying to decide between WD and DH Hello, I am a relatively new player, and after having tried a few classes out to 60, I am trying to narrow down to one class to commit to with my casual playing time. I enjoy both DH and WD, and between the two classes, my goal is to have a decently efficient speed of farming/grinding (doesn't have to be top notch, just as long as it doesn't feel dragging) and also spend a good chunk of my time in pvp/3 or 4 man brawl, not really 1v1 dueling. For the past week or so I've been playing a bit more on my DH because Strafe build felt like it was faster paced for a budget. However, after seeing all the DH pvp videos on PTR, it seemed like a lot of money would need to be invested in order to have an effective pvp DH to maintain a decent up-time on smoke screen, which I may never be able to achieve for a long time. So I'm at the point where I have no idea which direction I want to go between DH and WD. So I wanted to ask the WD community to get some realistic expectations and projections of how the WD would play out on a casual budget for semi-decent farming and pvp in its current state in PTR. Since I'm a relatively new player and have no idea about end-game gearing, it seems like no matter which class I choose between WD and DH I will need a whole lot of gold to be at least mid-tier competitive in pvp. On the other hand, I also feel like I'm just really having trouble figuring out properly gearing my WD and maximizing my expenses... so any feedback would be appreciated. THanks in advance!mike8 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 while we wait... I'm not much of a forum lurker. I do however like to look at peoples builds and see what other people use. I was testing a few things lastnight and found that Zombie Bears is by far the best secondary attack, my last test was with the bats on life steal (shows on my paper doll atm) and well they suck. I am torn though on my primary, rain of toads is nice and I am a fan of acid rain, but ghost bomb keeps me coming back to its fast AOE. I ran into issues with reflector bosses killing me (that should be fixed with this patch) with anything poison related such as the big stinker and acid pools so I never grew fond of those skills while farming past MP5. If anyone has any suggestions for my build I would like to hear it. The only thing that I have on now that is not normal is the Mempo, its my exp/item farming helm, I have a Zun set helm with decent stats and a life gem to complete the 4 piece set.Gelf9 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 GF on co-op quick question, does GF proc when allies grab globes or u have to be the one who grab it?Hmongster7 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 waiting for the dang Us server 1.07 update aye yo whats going downs got a couple hours till the servers back up any 1 wanna talk 1.07 patch notes? pk ehh not to worried about this till i can get my paragon up all my characters recently got deleated by my 4 year old brother -_- all i got back was my wizard witch was i was not to happy about since he was pargon 1 and my wd was paragon 28 ive managed to get my new wd to paragon 15 with hardly any hours of play thanks to cains set and ruby now this patch is gunna help paragon level no problem so people can paragon up and then go pk with ther p100 toonsSajjad4 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 I thought I would never do this.... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/WASHLET-1294/hero/9599988 I'm looking for items to upgrade. I really only ever have around 5 million gold to spend at any one time. I found the Witching Hour, the Blackthornes, the Pox ring, the Vile Wards, and the ammy. Other than that, I've purchased the rest for less than 3 million a piece. According to d3rawr.com, the lowest items, when taking EHP and DPS into account, are the Witching Hour, the Pox ring, and my boots. Thoughts on what I need? I do have quite a bit of attack speed, meaning that I do run out of mana. Thanks for the help.WASHLET3 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Solo MP10 Uber Thoughts So I was pretty bored and just trying out MP10 ubers and I wanted to get ideas from others on what you think is the best possible spec. I'm trying to find something that would be viable for ALL 3 fights, not individual. I've been able to do MP10 but would like to use whatever is the most efficient/effective I know it's pretty pointless to do solo, but what the hell. I never plan on using a Skorn and will always go with a bears spec. So with that being said, I figure widowmakers, bears, and spirit walk are a 100% must have. Now for the rune on spirit walk... that I guess is up to debate. Either healing journey for 14% life or the extra second to run away/life steal. The other 3 slots I would like to see what others think would be best to complete all 3 fights without changing your spec. Hex is great for kulle... but it becomes pretty pointless in the other 2. Garg is great for siege.. but he's not as important in the other 2. Soul Harvest is great for SK/M and G/R. Passives I figure VQ/BR and JF or SV... Sorry for the novel, I just want to see what others think would be ideal. Thx dudesdanitefox5 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 85 Mil to spend ... any recommendations? I obviously need a new weapon and would probably prefer to spend the most on the, but any other ideas or recommendations are appreciated. THX!skills59826 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Props who are Para 100 pre 1.0.7 - list here I am not para 100. But very soon I will be thanks to patch 1.0.7 that has increased bonus experiences by over three times what they are now. My goal was to get my WD to para 100 by patch day about a month ago. At the time I was mid 40s. I made it to a respectable 81. But for those that actually are para 100, mad props. List who you are here and I willl keep it updated. Happy Patch Day! Pre-Patch 100 WDs http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/impking-1585/hero/3330596 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tigerclan-1195/hero/14843624 oops: didnt see this thread about the topic here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7895199787 ignore this thread, party people. my badRakimallah2 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 How to reach higher DPS? Hi guys, I've built a defensive WD to the point that I can play in MP10 and rarely die but my DPS feels like it's stuck at 114K. At any given time I've had up to 20-40mil gold so looking in the AH things are way out of reach for anything that will add a bunch of DPS but even those items I loose a lot of life. So.. what would be something I could aim for without loosing too much defence? What I mean by defensive is I can pretty much stand there, take several mortars, walk through a few arcanes, take at least 1 hit from large monsters and not get 1 shot, stand in 1-2 desecrators, hang out in molten for a while or get freeze bombed and regen health while I'm getting hit.Shockwave9 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 new to wd so ive read most of the guides on witch doctors with acid cloud. im really just trying to farm mp0 with my wd and want to be able to one shot with cloud or really close to it. right now i can 2-3 coulds before i can move on. for the gear i have i spent less than 500k and allready had taskers,zuni ring, and ammy. im unsure if the skills im using are the most effecient also. usally i go cloud and then bear for clean up or elites. but the rest i dont have a good idea on. i see people say soul harvest. and it never seems like im close enough for that to be effective since i use cloud for most damage. i figured a wd would be my best bet to farm for gold since they have totd and when i played for less than 2 hours i got 800k from just gold pick up. i know i could use some cc and cd gloves would help my damage and same for ammy its just hard to find anything in a decent price range than can match my min and max damage. i would really pefer not stop using goldskin but if i have to i make it easier to one hit i would i have a zuni marrow with plus armor that my sns wizard was using. in short what is the dps target i should look for low mp levels and how bad did i screw up on gearing for large pur and my skills.bda1450 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 How do WD's defend against ranged mobs? So after few build tries, I was relatively and successful in MP7 until I faced ranged fireball shooting mobs in Rakkis Crossing. and I was so helpless. What do you guys do? As cm wiz, even though we are as weak as WD, permafreeze allowed it to just freeze them. Before permafreeze, wiz had to constantly kite and of course die. so kiting wiz could not farm in high MP's and that's one of the reasons why Archon can't farm high MP either. I thought I was happy until I faced those fireball shooting dragons and also poison arm mobs. Is there a specific skill/rune/set I need to fight them off or I just need learn to micro/kite better. Thanks.yodatoy11 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 New gems ? Anyone have any information on the new gem recipes or stats ?Uniden329 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Solo ubbers I did all 3 sets on MP5 just to see if I could with the doc and got nothing for drops. Only died on ghom / ranakoth which I found harder for some reason solo. Anyway, got nothing. :( Anyone play them solo and what MP?Shockwave3 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 What works for WD in dueling? What's been working build-wise and gear-wise for you guys for WD in dueling?Thunder2 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 What's wrong with my zero dog WD?! View the WD on my profile. He dies over and over to mp8 trash, which is a let down considering the build cost 400m gold alone to put together. What am I missing or where did I go wrong? any help would be appreciated.ROK3295113 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 To WIZARDS trying to port high IAS gear to WD IAS is not a bad thing for WD. I was originally a CM/WW wizard and I felt SOL trying to port my armor over to my WD. No one likes to be sitting around mana starved.... Now this all depends on the armor that you already have. But a common set up I see on a cm/ww wiz is: Zuni Chest Zuni Boots Zuni Ring: IAS + CC + (CD if your rich) Stormcrow Lacunis: Rare Gloves: IAS + CC +CD Amulet: IAS + CC + (CD if your rich) Ring: IAS + CC Witching Hour: IAS + CD Vile Wards Chants Set This is a pretty solid and typical cm/ww build running around 2.5 IAS - 2.75 IAS. Now when porting your gear to your WD make these changes, (you will have to anyway). Main hand: Rare knife with +14 mana regen Offhand : String of Skulls with +14 mana regen (+20 mana regen from zuni bonus) Helm: Rare helm with +14 mana regen and +100 max mana Optional Ring: Stone of Jordan +150 max mana Keep other gear the same! Use the spiritual Attunement passive that gives you 1% mana regen of your max mana (+12 mana regen) Optional: Blood Ritual Passive With these changes you will prob be around 2 AS, but you will have 115-130 mana regen per second. This means that yes, you can dish out tons of mana in seconds but that mana will be replenished almost instantly after u spent it. I dont use VQ or any free to cast spells and I never feel mana starved even in at high MP levels running Zombie bear. However, If you really want to pwn ubers like a cm/ww; use VQ, throw some widowmakers and hold down the zombie bear key and forget and watch the +600ks pop up. TLDR: Ias is awesome for WD's if you have 130 mana regen per second.Pillz7 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Should Thorns benefit from Vitality instead? ... ... After reading this portion of Wyatt's answer I thought huge buff is correct. A 2500 thorns Topaz will do 2000% meaning 20 times the damage so 50k! Why not have thorns benefit from Vit instead? Those stacking thorns will be stacking Vit anyway, so it's a nice synergy. And Vit is usually less than the main stat. I have 2800 Int but only 800 Vit. With 2500 thorns I will do 70k damage but only 20k when it is based off my Vit. I mean the main stat boosts regular DPS but thorns stackers don't care about regular dps. They want more Vit and defense. So 1. Should thorns benefit from Vitality instead? I also wanted to ask: 2. Should thorns do damage to ranged attackers too?JangBahadur0 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Why do you like WD? Hit me with your top reasons why you play WD! I am looking for a character that can: - XP level fast - has a viable/strong MP10 uber solo build (i.e. with good gear, you can facetank and clear ubers with ease and little management to allow for farming ubers faster for more rings) - good survivability I am have searched and read through some threads on peoples opinions and realise there are similar threads about this already so sorry to bombard you! But I am looking for answers that hopefully somewhat address my above criteria and was not satisfied from what I read so far. Thanks WD community!Bankai25 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 R8 the WD above you (cont'd DonBukka post) @DonBukka gimme your chest piece! :D 80/100 - your sort of where I am. Upgrades getting very hard to find but they exist - No real reason to go on and on about your gear - it's good. I'm sure you're having fun just like I am.Izzuel74145 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Need Help.. Hi all, Running out of ideas on what I can do to increase my WD performance wise. Hunting for more VIT pieces at the moment. Any further Suggestions will be welcome. ThanksBurn442 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Need help on choosing next upgrade. I'm looking for gear (excluding rings at the moment due to farming with hellfire/leoric's) that will help me the most in the long run. My budget is 50m and idk if I should swap Skorn for 1h and offhand or upgrade a different piece of gear. I also currently have a CC zuni helm coming my way, so I'm not looking for a helmet.Steven1 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 Is my WD pvp ready? Let me start this by saying i have never tried pvp on PTR. So i am a little green to say the least and i need some help getting ready for the new patch when it goes live. Is there something i am missing in my set that you guys expereinced with pvp think i should have? If you check my file and it shows my 0dog gear please re-log as i just put my alternate set on. I appreciate any tips the community can offer about skills, gear and tactics. Thanks.Pwnani5 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 12, 2013 How much is my WD worth? I'm considering moving on to another character, after 600 hours my wd has bored me to the point where I don't want to play him anymore. I'm looking for a rough estimate on how much my entire character is. I estimate 500m at minimum.Necrophobia4 Feb 12, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Getting back into things, need eq advice Hey all, I am returning from a haitus and am just getting back in to the swing of things. I'd appreciate if any more seasons persons can review my equipment and see what would be the best bang for my buck in terms of upgrades. I have about a 90m budget to start. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ool-1462/hero/894572 Thanks for any feedback!Ool2 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Any idea what next? Well the past few days i have been staring at my beloved WD thinking that she is in the need for some loving and for the life of me i cant think of what to do 1st. @ Moment i am running mp5-8 comfortably enough Budget : 300mill / slot max. max 500mill for weapon. Things to take into consideration with my playstyle. My build and gamestyle is _very_ mana intensive. Before you jump out and scream Zuni Hat! Personally i think its junk and a visage is soooo much better with AR/int/socket/mana regen + 2 rolls is so much better. I do have a quite good zuni mojo ( http://imgur.com/I3aHX3t ) i switch out my totd for in higher MP levels (5+) At moment my Mana regen and attack speed is perfect. in 4pc zuni set i can spam bears indefinitely with vision quest. Well my mana goes down slowly,but, if needed i can drop my BBV (rain dance) for a mana boost and then i am fine again. Before you leap out and scream out a witching hour as a belt replacement, i can get nothing with anything close to the EHP i have with that rare belt :( Thanks for reading!skitzflik4 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Giving Away WD Starter Set http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Seinfire-1445/hero/13430952 I put it together for ~900k a while back, post here if you're interested.Seinfire7 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 My strongest WD build so far http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SfUdTj!aYT!YcacaZ I found this build of the internet and switched the zombie dogs for the mass confusion with 50% zombie dog chance after an enemy diesMunin4 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 WD Weapon choice New-ish to WD. Mainly have been playing cm/ww wiz. Transferred over some gear and bought a few new things (zuni chest, boots, TotD; found the z-pox & knife). I think my biggest piece that needs an upgrade is my knife (if you have other opinions please let me know!) Can't decide what i'm better off getting. I see some with socketed black weapon. From what I understand lifesteal is a must. Any advice? Budget is not huge (2mil for now but if I need to pay more then I can save up too). Alternatively, if you see something else in glaring need of upgrade feel free to let me know.Thunder3 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 The price of 0dog build 0dog gear is extremely expensive now thanks to the one they call zunibarb. He bought up all the gear.Microfast7 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Why do you use locust swarm? I see a ton of WD use this skill, but I always thought it was worthless. Is there a technique that makes this skill useful?ChadBroChill21 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Here you go impking All 9 kills for your viewing pleasure, since u noob doctors like to make up scores so much. 9-2 homie. http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1365/screenshot063i.jpg http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/5534/screenshot062zq.jpg http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9038/screenshot061qn.jpg http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3641/screenshot058x.jpg http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3161/screenshot058z.jpg http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4579/screenshot057q.jpg http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1738/screenshot056ab.jpg http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/6835/screenshot054wr.jpg http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2482/screenshot053o.jpg there u go buddy, just so u and ur friends are clear. Hail Lord JochJoch27 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 AR cap on buffs? So I've noticed my AR is capping at 999 when buffing. Does this happen for anyone else? My int doesn't have a cap, I nearly reach 6000 with 5 stacks of gruesome feast and soul harvest... but my AR maxes out at 999.danitefox9 Feb 11, 2013
Feb 11, 2013 Gear sharing, Dart WD and CM Wizard My WD is my main/ highest paragon character, but lately I've been wanting to play my Wizard a little more. The Wizard is gimped because half of my net worth is tied up in WD specific items that she can't equip. These builds both place a premium on attack speed, int and crit chance, so I should be able to find a few great items that are ideal for both characters. Next time I spend 100M+ on an item, I want to make sure it falls into that category. Any advice on items that would be close to "best in slot" for both a CM Wizard and a Poison Dart WD? The one that comes to mind for me is a crit chance Mempo. What else?Sneakers7 Feb 11, 2013