Witch Doctor

Jan 31, 2013 wall of zombies - pvp hello fellow doctors. who else has tested wall of zombies in pvp? I have and I see lots of potential but also it seems that this skill is actually bugged. im most interested in the unrelenting grip rune. a 800% wep dmg dot over 5s. with a 60% slow. However im finding that enemy players can stand directly in the wall without taking dmg or getting slowed. if any one has any understanding of this skill in dueling please share.ChuckNorris4 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Please, Blizzard, fix my fetishes! I was getting bored with my witch doctor a little while ago, and decided to try out some of the skills that I'd previously dismissed as worthless. So I subbed in Fetish Sycophants for a passive slot, and switched out my gargantuan for Fetish Army. And I fell in love. Fetishes are so much fun! Sure, they basically don't deal damage and they have the attention span of a squirrel tripping on acid, but they work ridiculously well at distracting mobs. My gameplay has vastly improved since I started using fetishes simply because they give me just enough breathing room to be able strategically reposition, or check a skill cooldown, or give some thought to playing smart instead of just hitting things once and then kiting for all I'm worth and/or dying. However, the sad truth about fetishes is that they tend to forsake me when I need them most because they get killed so easily. Any monster with an area-of-effect affix, bosses who dish out lots of damage, even just unusually high densities of normals: all of these will deplete my army of miniatures almost instantly and then come after me. As for Fetish Army, I stopped using it instantly because it's always on cooldown when I need it (wasn't worth it even with Devoted Following; 20 seconds of fetishes--or less if they get killed--for every minute and a half is just worthless once you go anywhere with a decent monster density). So I appeal to Blizzard: please fix fetishes! Here are some suggestions to help mitigate their shortcomings: Make fetishes immune to damage, and (for Fetish Sycophants) decrease their time to live. As cool as it is to finish a battle and see 5-10 fetishes following me, I would rather they lived for only 20-40 seconds, but be guaranteed to stay up. If I'm not getting enough fetishes, I can always try to tweak my skills for better proc rates, but if the fetishes are only going to live for five seconds there's little point in using the skill at all. If they continue to be killable, allow them to be more than distractions. You could do this by increasing their damage output (the current 20% of weapon damage is laughable because they spend more than half their time running around frenetically rather than stabbing things) or by granting some or all of them a status effect like poison or burning similar to the Tiki Torchers and Head Hunters runes on Fetish Army. Even if you don't want to mess with Fetish Sycophants, please make Fetish Army useful! Immunity to damage, dealing actual damage themselves, or just a vastly quicker cooldown would all make Fetish Army far more appealing to me. I mean come on: with a 120 second cooldown my barbarian can practically turn into a deity, or call out an earthquake, or summon three ghostly protectors who deal actual damage. My wizard can transform into a freaking energy being. This is not right. Allow The Gidbinn to summon actual fetishes. I was super stoked when I first equipped my Gidbinn, but that quickly turned to disgust when I discovered that the fetishes it summons are literally 1/4 the size of their already-diminuitive cousins, and appear to have about 1/4 the health, as well. Demons sneeze to kill fetishes summoned by Gidbinn. It's pathetic. Anyone else out there wish fetishes were a bit more viable? Chime in and let Blizzard know that one of the most fun witch doctor skills is yearning for a buff! tl;dr: fetishes are super fun both in and out of the bedroom! But Blizzard appears to prefer their witch doctors abstinence-only, because fetishes die too easily and deal virtually no damage.Skaak14 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Help with my WD please! Hey guys.. I'd like some pointers on gear upgrades and build options for fast lvling.. anyone willing to help?Turtlehugger3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Need Zombie Dog Gear Looking for some less expensive zombie dog gear. Post what you got and price! Thanks!Mestro10 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Hi. What's the best build for WD currently? I need your WD community's help. I'm a SNS/CM wiz building a WD at this moment. It looks like I can swap most of my gears once I hit lvl 60. I also have two Zunimassa's trail in stash (high armor one and AR one). I'm going to be looking into minimum a weapon and an offhand and possibly a helm. However, before I gear up, what WD build is the best or most popular? I should have about 500m by the time I finish lvling up. Please help me an upcoming WD wanna be. Thank you.yodatoy29 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Advice on improving DPS I need some advice for improving my witch doctor. Up till now I have used no guides, video's or strategies and only really used what I felt worked or what advice had been given. so if anyone has a good guide or what I can improve, it would be appreciated.Theartftw3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 40m to spend, what should I upgrade next? Fun class! I want to invest intelligently in my upgrades. If a 40m item isn't worth it, more than welcome to answer with that as well. Thanks for your time. edit: Would it be worth it to purchase a Zuni Offhand to use a SoJ? I had one drop the day I dinged 60 and it seemed special because of that coincidence, but I have no idea if they're effective on this class. 6% Fire Damage 107 Mana 27% Elite Damage 10 mana off Zombie ChargerSolovei5 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Another of those "gear tips please" threads I was feeling left out with all the other threads out there. XD So i made one to, any suggestions on first upgrade? i've hit a point where all of them cost millions upon millions so what should i save up to upgrade first? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Solemn-1220/hero/25723998Solemn3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 MANA REGEN: bug or change? Hi all, I just entered the Patch-1.07 PTR to discover my mana regeneration nerfed down to 20/s unbuffed. I checked with two of my WD's: lvl 17 and Plvl 75: both doctors regenerate 20 mana per sec. Is this some bug, or is there an evil plan to reduce further our hardly trickling mana pools? Thanksmatkosmat2 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 New to WD Just dinged 60 tonight and put her equip on really liking her so far although I have only played through most of act 1 inferno. I feel like I shouldn't have any major problems farming but was wondering if some of the veteran witch doctors could point out any glaring problems with my build or if I should just upgrade things as I can afford to do so. Thanks!Hotrod3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Question concerning Attack Speed. Wondering for all those people that really dive into the game mechanics... Ive always been a fan of high attack speed in any and every game I play, It's just something I love. Is there any viable build and/or gear that is truely effective and efficient with Witch Doctors?GdoubleEK8 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 How good is the Uhk's serpent? Damage: 119-407 Int: 175 Vit: 282 Critical: 10% 9% extra dmg for poison dart Need help pricing it, thanks.Rhaegar2 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Can WD solo Ubbers? I haven't played WD in a while and to be sincere I missed it, so now I'm back. I was wondering if WD are able to solo Ubber let's say MP7-8. If it's possible, what's the build and the stats needed? I read somethings about it, and ppl say that Sacrifice build is the best for High MPs but it's too expensive, isit possible to solo with bears or spirit barrage?LoKaO12 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 WD's are Awesome Hey guys, back when this game first came out the WD was my first class. Trolltastic abilities (throwing frogs,spiders, turning into a chicken) totally reminded me of the necro from D2. In my opinion the necro was not noob friendly, much the same of the WD. So I moved to the Monk for some time. I got extremely bored of the monk...lvled up the wizard, DH, Barb. Meh...The wizard was fun for a while. So now that I'm less nooby I went back to the WD. Man what a fun and diverse class! Really glad I switched mains. Anyone with similar stories?ExactoMan9 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Bad medicine and pets. I know the passive of Bad Medicine says "whenever YOU deal poison damage" but I was wondering if it counts for poison damage done by pets. So if you are running spider queen, or big stinker, would their poison damage reduce that enemies damage by 20%?Jeremiah3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Does AC tick speed change with attack speed? I'm running my WD for farming, running GI and 1-2 hitting trash mobs with my acid cloud+skorn. I find that works well on MP1 though higher MP lvls i seem to run out of manna as i'm not killing fast enough to refresh my spirit walk+jaunt fast enough(which is my main source of manna). i found locust+devouring swarm another nice manna supliment when there are enough mobs(though getting it to spread is sometimes hard as the mobs die too fast, so only useful on harder mobs that are more spread out and dony all die in the first hit). yes, i know i need to increase my DPS. my book DPS actually doubles when i get a full stack of soul harvest and gruesome feast. having a bigger starting number will be even nicer when it doubles im finding the main limitation to spamming AC/bears in long battles is manna, so the reduced animation speed from IAS does not really mean much to me. i remember with my wiz that blizzard does not advantage from increased attack speed, and was wondering how much IAS really helps a GI skorn AC WD. is it better to use the IAS items that give a higher book DPS or replace the item with a higher intelligence item giving lower book DPS due to not having IAS but higher dmg for a single hit (which is what you want to 1-hit trash with AC). So... how useful is IAS? should i factor that out of the DPS calculations to get a higher damage out of a single AC cast?Sijar0 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 How can I improve? Any help is appreciated from Builds to upgrades i should look for thanks! I have around 6m gold atm to work with as well in case that helps at all.Veronz0 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Need help with gears i need some help with gears upgrade. i have about 200mil budget.Thanks alotphotaibovien1 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Pricing Question I don't play as a Witch Doctor so I'm not as familiar with pricing WD gear. I'm wondering how to price the following: Zunimassa's Trail (boots) 311 - Armor 7% poison damage 87 Dex 196 Int 38 Vit 50 Resistance to all Elements 12% Movement Speed I've got it listed at the moment with a starting bid of 15,000,000 which seems a whole lot cheaper than anything that compares. Any thoughts on the pricing? Anyone interested in making an offer? Like I said, I normally play Barb and I almost never find nice items like this, any help is genuinely appreciated!RemyZ0 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Looking for a good Witch Doctor for mp5-8 elite farming 4p groups here usually have cm wiz and monk and barb but itching for that good voodoo wd to make high mps worth while send msg in game or reply here - limited amount of space on friends listflyinghamsta10 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Inferno Help So leading up to Act 3 of Inferno I would cruising along pretty well using a pretty generic summoner build w/ fire bats and acid rain and dogs/gargantuan/templar doing my tanking. It took quite a while for me to get through Act 2 and Belial took a good 20 runs to finally kill. So at this point I know I need to improve my char, but I'm at a loss as to how. The drops that I've gotten aren't any better than the gear I have now. Any advice on how to advance my WD at this point would be greatly appreciated. Do I need to rack up some gold to buy new gear? Change my build? Farm some gear? I did have to mix up my build a bit to get through Belial and I'm totally open to continue changing it. I was stubborn about sticking with the plain summoner build that I had grown accustomed to, but I feel like I got as far as I could with it. Anyway, some pointers would really be helpful because I've hit a wall and want to finish up Inferno. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lmoneyfresh-1375/hero/6524455Lmoneyfresh13 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Blizzard! please fix spiderqueen! She is soooo slow and stupid. when they fixed the rest of the spiders and their ability to track targets its been fun playing with the different runes.. except for spider queen. her attack rate is not very good. tool tip says she does around 600ish damage for however amount of time. but she doesnt seem to be able to hit stationary targets very well either. test it out for yourselves. find a single monster cast hex to keep it in place and cast spider queen. Just watch as she walks around aimlessly i understand spiderqueen is useful with in big mobs. but why use her if firebomb-roll them bones does more damage in a single lob than spider queen does in her lifespan. both of these attacks are primaries so it kinda makes spiders queens ability to cast and forget useless. now imagine how useful spider queen would be in pvp with its current state...none at all. Have the devs completely forgotten about this skill because no one uses it? i have so many ideas on how to fix her. but i whats the point if this will go unnoticed to any one working for blizzard.CasketgrinD5 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 85mil budget what gear to improve? So i recently obtained 85mil to spend but i don't want to just waste it, any suggestions on what gear should i improve? Thanks! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thornivald-1637/hero/3516426Thornivald3 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Ring choices for Zuni SoS users or... I'm totally lost now with ring choice and still was when I was moving to SoS. The problem is I have 130 mil to drop on my next piece to upgrade and I'm convinced my rings need attention. At this point my spamming of bears is does quite well with my mana regen and passives along with fair dps, but I'm trying to build up on my defense while maintaining my dps through upgrades of armor, def stats and resitances(700 seems totally fair for me and I'm extremely close) Should I be focusing on my ring slots or something else? I have upgrades in my mind that I want, but no money to get them which include: Zuni Armor 160+ Int 200+ Vit 300+ Armor Lacunis: 6% CC Waiting for patch for ammy/glove possibilities Zuni Boots 170+ Int Whatever Vita I can get for a fair price Armor or All Res(Pending on my ring slots) The rings are all that are really confusing me. Any suggestions>? My ideas are: CD Litany CD UnityBurgatron2 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 prepare to die in pvp WD , alot... :( just tried pvp dual: a. it did reduce damage which was great b. barbs do have a 5:1 advantage vs wd -almost all skills were useless since you are already dead -drain and run kite skills were helpful like haunt because i had to get off the screen c. critical is way over powered. 1 crit = death -i have -30%+ reduce damage against elities, -15% damage passive, -20% damge passive, shield with 32% block = death death death. 1-30 kill ratio. that was not the fun i had envisioned during beta! the beta videos looked more fun than whatever i just experienced. i tend to feel this game should of been critical hits 3 instead of diablo 3. fyi I dont have 250+ crit or the ultimate gear build. but i have an utlimate defense build which is completely useless against critical hits. i never imagined a year ago how completely important and stupid IAS and Crit would be. I thought this game would be of skill but it has become a bummer.JRoeGun24 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 31, 2013 Witch Doctors and High MP's WTF? Before I get bashed let me make my disclaimer. I am new to Witch doctor. I stake no claim on being an expert. But I am in no way new to the game and have many hours played and know this game very well. I was an Uber Barb before I decided to sell my gear and basically decide to play casually(Wife basically saying she had enough). After I sold All my Barb Gear.......I thought, hey I will keep some of my funds and Start a Witch Doctor for fun. Just play casually from time to time. One glaring thing I have noticed...........is Witch Doctors seem to completely suck @ss at Higher MP Levels. At lower MP's they are fun as hell and and I can wipe sh1t fast. However, once moving past MP 5 it becomes a total chore and just lame. Even if I had another 100k DPS, and 700 resistance I just do not think they are viable at High MP levels(8-10). What a complete disappointment! I have close to 70k HP, Decent All Res, and 200k DPS without stacking AS. I have several other pieces that i swap out to increase my All ress as well, but that really did not do anything. I also do not believe another 500 armor would make much of a difference either(already have over 4k) I read about the 0 dog build and was curious about the prices........Prices thru the roof now. Only the crap 0 dog gear is with in reason. Plus in order to do it right it seems you need increased AS up to 2.0 which requires AS on practically all gear pieces and would require a complete overhaul on gear. IF I am doing something let me know. But it seems really dumb that in order to do High MP levels that you need some specialized gimmick gear setup. I have played both Barb, Monk, and Wizard and basically come to the conclusion that WD's are the worst in the game except maybe for PvP. Am I missing something? If I am what is it?BigBaller30 Jan 31, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Looking to upgrade my Amulet. Hey all, I'm looking to upgrade my amulet, and I'm sort of having a tough time finding one with the stats I want. I couldn't find anything on the Gah, but found two similar to what I want on the RMAH, so I know the amulet can exist. Looking for a Tals ammy with roughly these stats. 6% element (doesn't matter to me) 110+ Dex 240+ Int 110+vit (I realize I'm taking a large vit drop) 60+ CD 5.0 or higher Critical hit Chance. The Dex and Int are the two stats I want to focus on. Leave a post here, or add me in game so we may chat about any potentials, and your asking price. Thanks. I saw one that would pretty much be my wet dream of amulets on the RMAH, so if you happen to own the amulet and see this post, message me in game. Stats on that amulet were roughly 6%element 190dex 240int 120vit typical tals crit damage and 6% crit chance.DonBukka2 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 MP 7 + question Is there a way to keep your pets alive in higher mps? I can run mp 7 quite easy, but my pets are dying much faster the higher I go...so my question is, is it worth having pets the higher mp you go or should I just use different abilities in their place.FriskyDingo3 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Best Hex rune? I really only like Hedge Magic. The others (all except for Angry Chicken) only apply their secondary effects to hexed targets, meaning one random enemy at a time. Or am I reading it wrong? 'Cause most of the runes seem fairly mediocre based on that alone.hexR13 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Item Upgrade Suggestions - Currently at Mp6/7 Hi, I'm running a semi-tanky toads/bears build and can hack it solo on MP6 and MP7 in a group. Base DPS is ~78K before buffs. My goal is to increase survivability and DPS and move into a higher tier MP but am unsure of what equipment to change out. The current obvious choice is to replace the current rare ring with Zunimassa's Pox but aside from that I'm at an impass as to exactly which pieces I should replace to help increase DPS after that and still have survivability without kiting too much. I currently have about 90MM in gold but suggestions for pieces that are more expensive are welcome... Also suggestions to my current skills are welcome as well. Here's a link to my character: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shadowhntr07-1512/hero/215819 Thanks!shadowhntr073 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 LoH Upgrade... higher MPs? Well I posted earlier with my equipment and someone duly noted that I had 0 LS/LoH and that my survival in higher MPs would be dismal. Before I upgraded my gear my DPS was sitting at 95k and now after upgrading I gained ~900 LoH, but lost about 1k DPS ( pants ). The DPS loss is hardly noticeable, but the gain in survivability is VERY noticeable. Now I am wondering what MP level you guys think I could tackle, or do I need more DPS/LoH? My buying spree broke me so I will have to farm for the new stuff, but have a very positive feeling about the direction I am going now.Jingoism7 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Looking for upgrades. Help please! Here's a link to my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/littlej0hnm-1606/hero/2766187 Looking for input on talents and gear to help me move up in MP levels, not sure where to start! Thanks.littlej0hnm1 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Help me with my WD. Please. :) So, when d3 came out I hit 60 and left the game. I didn't really have the time to play and plus lets be honest this game is a little bland after doing the same things over and over. Well now I'm back. And looking for critiques, if anyone has the time I ask you to tell me where to improve first. Another thing I'm asking is for people to farm with. All of my friends quit d3 (justifiably so) so I'm just a loner farming inferno mp2. Also. I don't mean to beg, but I'm going to. I have barely any gold, I can't upgrade my gems, I can't buy gear (relying on drops...) and none of my items seem to be selling. So of anyone can donate gear gems or gold to me I would appreciate it a lot. My goal is going to be to be able to farm high mps, grind to 0dogs and pvp. You can add me: mack#1536 ill be on tomorrow. Thank you everyone in advance :)Mack2 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Need Help Okay so I am back again looking for some much needed advice. Below is a link to my profile. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Azodeus-1244/hero/30727125 A quick rundown on my stats are as follows. 880+AR after Int and gear is added up 44k life 4300 Armor 377 CHD 37.5%CC LS is at 3% from dagger LOH is 725 My APS is a little low atm with only a few pieces giving me attack speed. 27% from gear. So 1.27*1.4 from dagger is 1.778 APS I was not overall concerned with attack speed. I have gear left over from wizard that I can use to get that up but I keep reading that higher APS just hurts our resource management. Below is a link to my build which is a raining toad with acid blob build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRdUgT!UWa!bZcZcY So with all that said I am having difficulty surviving in MP10. I am very new to the WD class so I am looking for some insight from the ones who can farm MP10 and tell me what I should upgrade or what I am doing wrong. I know I could use a Mempo but cannot afford one right now. All I would essentially gain there is attack speed. I have reviewed many of the threads associated with gear and building a WD to accomplish high MP play but feel I am missing something.Azodeus8 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Hit 60 and... I have absolutely no idea what to do with my WD, and thoroughly enjoy playing it more than my Wiz or DH. I don't know if it's my skill set, lack of experience, or myself that makes me not able to take on higher than MP2 and would appreciate any advice that any has... Other than make a barb :S I am poorer than poor, and will not use the RMAH because I want to find my own items or farm my own gold to purchase them off the AH (which is ridiculous... Seeing as everything seems to be over 20m...) if you could just point out things needed or altercations that would be great! Just having an idea of what to strive for will improve my motivation to play the game! Thank you! :DTritium8 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Follower Gear Suggestion Please look at my Scoundrel on my WD. I am trying to gear him a Freeze follower for higher MP runs. For lower MP I run my GF/MF enchantress. Any ideas on upgrades I should get for the Scoundrel. I have no idea what rings he should be wearing. I figured the IAS and LOH would help for high MP. Anyone experienced in gear this help out? Thank you!Dropsy14 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 0 Dog WD video on MP10 (buff max 420k DPS) Hello WDs on duty! Following video of my 0Dog WD for mp10. Look, this is my final gear. Very hard to get better than that, surely you can still improve a lot ... But my friends, would cost a lot of gold.. XD Sincerely, I think the result is really cool and all, was the best I could do ... but we can't compare it with a top barbarian, maybe if I had all items with perfect roll, but just maybe .. :/ http://www.clanlr.com.br/wd-0-dog-build-destroying-mp10-diablo-3/ There are small bugs with this video from youtube, but you can see everything, so go at this way ... lol hugsPtursi1 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 Question about Confusion specifics Dear Expert WDs, have some questions for you. I'd like to know some specifics about the Confusion spell: - What is the radius of spell? - What is max target it can hit? - Is it proc chance based? because i've used it right next to mob and it wasnt confused. If so, what is proc chance %? - Why does it sometimes last only 2 secs? (no prior CC applied) - What is best rune for group play? Been using Paranoia. Thanks!eLINminator3 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 How to compare Skorn to Single hand? I use an AH compare trick to see what weapons will do better. If you don't know it it's simply a link item in AH to conversation window and enter game to see the numbers. But the caveat is you can't compare a 2H as easily to 1H. Or items with crit to socket items with no crit. In this case I'm considering getting a Skorn again. My DPS with 1 hand and mojo is 110K. A 1400 DPS Skorn compares as if I would have +58K increase. No way that is the case at all. It doesn't count in the mojo properly. I put on a 2H I have in stash and it drops my DPS to 54K and then compare it shows a +57K DPS to bring to a 112K before adding a crit gem to the Skorn. They're expensive for a good one so anyone have a thought on what to watch out for before I get one?Shockwave5 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 was at work during Ask the developers did anyone bother to ask this "why are witch doctors the only class that do not gain as much from IAS(increased attack speed) as the rest of the classes. Every other class generates resource on hit, crit, when they take damage, but a WD always uses resources for every attack, including main attacks. this results in IAS being the least desirable stat for WD's and its most glaring problem with how the resource system works with the class. Do you have plans to align the resource system with the other 4 classes? the way it works now is the more IAS you have the faster you run out of mana. the other 4 classes generate resource faster with more IAS. thank you for your time." also, if we didn't, could someone? i was at work and could not contributeKyoshi2 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 30, 2013 proposal: Improve INT and improve defense I have been kicking thoughts in a thread here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7764346597 Other than uber builds with the ultimate gear we have been getting pwn in pvp and are not as effective in PVM. INT: currently only helps your damage output. It really should increase your ARMOR and Resource so you are more effective. Benefit: less reliance on resource based gear but more reliance on effective gear. It would allow us to compete more with ultimate defense/crit barb/monk builds. Secondly I have -35% elite damage, blackthons armor, 50% block with stormshield and both defensive passive skills = dead in pvp. 60mil worth of gear leads me at about 50k hp. We need 70-100k to survive. The defense isnt even worth it because 1 hit = death. The shield, elite defense, armor, resist etc doesnt really help.JRoeGun9 Jan 30, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 @DonBukka The other thread reached its posting limit. -_- Thanks for the suggestions. I mostly farm MP2, though I do hope to increase it to 3 when I get slightly better gear. I know AcidBears is the norm build for higher MP levels but if I have to stay lower for the sake of a less boring, cookie-cutter build, I will. With that in mind, I would love to use Locusts or Haunt, just because I never have before. Which is better and what runes should I use?hexR3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Rate the Witch Doctor Above You There are a lot of these for Barbs and other characters. I am starting to really like my WD since they fixed pets and other skills. I can solo MP4 now and am no where near done gearing her. Anyone else play the WD?spgeise500 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 male wd character look why do we look so old and frail and hungry and shaky and miserable and wicked and weak and slightly mentally unstable and never get to wear any shoes? :( makes me sad oh and i love how the wd background story insists on emphasizing that the wd is a "young man"Regenerator14 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 10m to upgrade... hmm Not sure what my biggest upgrade would be at the moment... bang for buck! Thanks!Celinx7 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 The number 1 worst skill for Witch Doctor. Plague Of Toad with the rune Toad of Hugeness. So useless because its doesn't work on elites, damage output is weak, and a cooldown. Are you serious Blizzard?mrluckman53 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Tear me Up! Ok guys I finally got this guy to where he can farm Act III and IV pretty easily, and I guess I need some pointers on what to focus on gear wise now. I actually stole the MH and Helmet from my Barbarian, but hey it works right? hehe Far as skills I just kept playing around with them until it felt right, and currently with IAS splinters tears up elites like nobodies business. Anyways... like I said... tear me a new one. Hehe.Jingoism3 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Just didn't DL1.07 Sorry ignoreskywalkerfx2 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 Gruesome Fest Hi all, For several weeks this though has beeing my head, but I am reluctant to post it because I'm still not entirely sure that it gets anywhere, but well. In the end I decided to share it with the community, see what you think. I have also posted it on EU Forums so i will add some good answers that improve my proposal. I have all the characters except the monk (who is the only one not just convinced me, but I know relatively well the class because I've seen playing several good monks, as Invis or IndigoMontoya) and I am disappointed with the form that WD get their buffs. I'm not saying they're bad, but honestly, they are not the best designed possible. I think the WD is perhaps one of the hardest classes to equip: If you want to be able to never be out of mana, you can not just jump on the dps of any manner. You can not go to the ah and put the name of the best one-handed weapon with the best stats and done.... because you run out of mana and your wonderful dps will be reduced because only non-consumers attacks are useful, as happens in many WD, that are only able to use the Ghost Bomb. - If you catch one echoing fury, mana regen lost in the main. - If you want an off with mana regen and critical, it costs a pretty much - If you get an off than the Zuni, you have to put the helmet Zuni if you want the mana regen buff for not running out of mana. - If you wear a helmet Zuni, you can not put the best helmet, Mempo - Whatever the case, if you want the mana regen buff, you need a Zunimassa's Pox, wich worth an eye and a kidney. Summarizing: Equipping is difficult ... and costs tons of gold. In addition, this stats are more scarce and more expensive. I got +25 mana regeneration and -12 mana cost to bears and still got some troubles with mana in some situations, for example, fighting ubber bosses or long fights in general, where you can bennefit from grave injustice or mana regen of sacrifice rune because dogs cd is a little high to get that. - For example, a DH is available to equip Manticore with 2 sokets, the best possible option. It is expensive, but gives you a brutal boost in your dps. That is it, can take 2h weapons (the best, actually) without losing the benefit of taking an off hand. - Wizzard regeneration from critics is brutal and has permanent damage buffs like Glass Canon, Familiar, Storm Armor, runes of Slow Time ... - The Barbarian has critical 18% and 50% of CHD increased with all buffs available. - And the monk ... XD well, until now they dont even need a spirit consumer to kill azmodan mp10 in under 30 segs so... XD And now all consumers will be improved with 1.0.7 In conclusion, the WD has two interrelated problems have "little" dps compared to other classes because they need a stat wich is not found in any item or any price. The solution, simply change the mechanics of gruesome feast. Instead of being required pick up Health Globes in order to get 1 stack (knowing that picking health globes is a little annotying and not always possible), you will get an stack with a crit. Instead of being a 100% chance to get a stack when you crit, you will have a chance to get the stack. So if you have a crit chance arround 40%, for example, you can almost spam abilityes and constatly have 5 stacks. As DOS (EU) said in the european post: ... Also has been said that maybe +50% intel will be a little too much, so can be reduced in order to balance the buff when it becomes permanent. With this simple change would end not only the problems of lack of mana and dps. Furthermore, no longer will be necessary increased pick up radius in order to use gruesome fest, so one stat less to take care of. PS: Sorry about my english, im from Spain and my lvl is not the best, as you have seen XD. PS: When i talk about buffs, i talk only about permanent buffs in every possible scene, both unitarget and aoe.Asgard11 Jan 29, 2013
Jan 29, 2013 I can't edit posts ...and it's for some ridiculously obvious reason, I'm sure. Someone help a brother out.manvan5 Jan 29, 2013