Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 16, 2012 Vetting a Hero: the Wizard It can be difficult to choose which hero you want to take into battle against the legions of the Burning Hells. To help inform your decision we’ve compiled all of the gameplay and story information you need broken down by class. Barbarian Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor The Wizard Wizards are renegade spellcasters who use their bodies as vessels for arcane energy, forsaking the more careful path favored by other magic users. They manipulate all manner of forces to disintegrate, burn, and freeze their foes, and they can control time and light to teleport, create powerful illusions, and deflect oncoming attacks. Wizards grip wands and staves to focus their less potent magics, blasting at their enemies while gathering the energy or time necessary to destroy them in a dazzling hail of arcane might. With few exceptions, wizard attacks are conducted at a distance, away from danger. As living artillery, wizards are well suited to relying on long-range destructive power. Videos Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise - Wizard story and gameplay pre-launch preview Skill Rune Preview - An example of how skill runes augment an ability like Ray of Frost Wizard Reveal Trailer - The wizard class is revealed at BlizzCon 2008 Diablo III Gameplay Preview - Worldwide Invitational 2008 Diablo III first-ever gameplay trailer featuring the barbarian and witch doctor Gameplay Active Skills Passive Skills Skill Progression Skill Calculator Items Images Artwork Screenshots Character Background ... ...Zarhym0 May 16, 2012
Aug 23 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick241 Aug 23
2h Question about shields Are absorb shields affected by stats or are shields based on their own multipliers. Should I switch out unwavering will for dominance to further boost my shields or are the shields I have now more effective when standing still because of unwavering will? I made another post explaining my situation in more detail but I didn't see it go up and I didn't feel like typing it all out again.Saw2 2h
8h Etched Sigil Build Is this a viable thing? I've always wanted to try it but I'm not sure where to even start.ToxicPrint2 8h
12h FB what can tricker the burn buff?? With 3 fire skills in 3 sek what can and will start a burn buff?Code1870 12h
17h Tal Rasha's Prodigy I was goofing around with CoE builds and I naturally got drawn into tal rasha's combination of set bonuses and item flexibility. so just thinking, desiree belt, tals 6 piece, aether walker, dept diggers, coe, something like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NQaUbW!RfgZ!baZZcYFourty2DNAD30 17h
1d Is this a bug? Zodiac ring I was toying with Zodiac ring and Etched Sigil (love this legendary!!) and I was hoping Zodiac ring can reduce cool down while I channel Arcane Torrent so I can cast Molten Impact (since it has 15s cool down). Nope. Zodiac does not work with Etched Sigil. :( And also, is Arcane Meteor the worst during Etched Sigil because it doesn't consume my arcane power?Jibikao1 1d
2d Please fix Scorch Please fix this skill. Currently it passes through mobs and walls and does not explode until it gets to max range.WitchesStone8 2d
2d Upgrading for Twisted Sword I don't know if I was lucky or what but I tried cubing a 1h sword for the first time I got Twisted Sword legendary right away. But when I try it again, it's something else. Do I need to find a Rare sword that looks like Twisted sword so I have 100% chance to craft it or I was just lucky?Jibikao3 2d
2d Wiz forumers - what do you miss the most? Me personally: 1. yodatoy's threads 2. Melkor's rap 3. BDF's sarcastic tone 4. Boozefficient guides Ehh....RoGeR51 2d
3d How to make this build tankier Hi all, I am planning to roll wiz next season and have been playing around in d3planner. I came up with this build with some references from other builds, but am stuck with damage reduction which is extremely low... http://www.d3planner.com/357250475 My main inspiration is DH's LoN FoK but they have higher DR. I have never played Tal Rasha before so I do not know whether having such high AR covers the deficiency in DR. Should I drop Audacity for Galvanizing ward or unstable anomaly? It will hit my Star Pact damage quite a bit though... Any ideas how to increase survivability without compromising damage too much? EDIT: New build: http://www.d3planner.com/751176332Doraemon19 3d
3d what happened to wizard being a ranged class I don't post much on the forums, but I had to ask this question: w.t.f. happened to wizards actually being ranged class? I am sick and tired of melee wizards that are the only viable option to play in this game now. I've played arcane orbit wizard in S5, but I've got so sick with that build that last season I played ranged bell monk. But the build for wizards was Vyr's archon. Now in season 7 the only viable build is Firebird archon. Explosive blast again. Again toe to toe with monsters. When will we be able to play wizard as a f..king ranged class? (Rant over :) )Drazen28 3d
3d Returning player looking for build advice Hello all! I haven't played since S1 started and I'm just getting back into the game. My favorite build was always a cold wizard but it seems like I'm doing absolutely no damage and just getting one hit by every mob. Here is a link to my current character profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeniklast-1835/hero/80757823 - What should my paragon stat point priorities be? - Are there any specific pieces of gear I should be trying to acquire? - What should my gear stat priorities be? - Any suggestions on skill points? - Also, IIRC when I last played +Cold damage from items wasn't calculated in the characters stat sheet. Has this been resolved or is it still an issue? Thanks guys! I appreciate any sort of guidance you can give!Aeniklast6 3d
4d Suggestion for "LoN Electrocute Wizard" Hi! I currently use the build "LoN Electrocute Wizard" (you can see on my profile), and I succeeded (with difficulty) to make solo rift/GR T10. The main problem is on elites and bosses who are without mobs around (like GR guardians), where the damage is ridiculously low. I would suggest to transform the skill and rune "Hydra - Hydra Lightning", to make hydras become pylon for the skill "Electrocute". I try to be clearer; so that when using "Electrocute" on a Hydra, the skill functions as if it was used on a mob. And another small suggestion; a small boost in damage does not hurt to build, which is so satisfying to play (only at low level for the moment). Sorry for my bad English!Enslaught5 4d
4d I can kill the elites, but die when they do. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worldoflies-1835/hero/80198830 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NQSPjT!edfX!YcZYYZ Why do i keep getting one-shotted? I've stacked vitality but the same happens. I have firebird's 6p but i just trade with elite, i can kill them in less than secounds but they can do the same. I die to any elite projectile or melee ambush. i often use the FB revival and the unstable anomaly, and their cooldown goes away because dying resets it. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/molten-wildebeests-gizzard Does this gem or shields in general just suck? should i stack % life? is my health too low to benefit from it? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/moratorium I tried using a low rank version of this (rank 1) and the same happened, was the gem too low, will i just die regardless. I hope i don't come off as whiny, i'm just confused, i thought Wildebeests would tank the confrontations long enough to kill the elites, but after a few hits it just goes away, the regen from it is useless when i'm dying so fast. i can kill them fine. Is it because my resistence and/or armor are weak? Also this is happening in tor7, and thanks in advance for the advice, i know people are not and haven't been happy with this class for a while.Worldoflies2 4d
5d Are all wizards like this?, or am i bugged? I had this issue for a while now, its just my wizard. when i move, my damage, toughness and recovery decrease, when i stand still, it returns to normal, i removed all items and passive skills, it still is happening, its acting like "endless walk" does, but decreases everything, whats up with that?, i have searched and found nothing, or maybe i just don't know how to word it.MARIN2 5d
5d help me choose a gem? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worldoflies-1835/hero/80198830 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NQSPjT!edfX!YccYYZ http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bane-of-the-stricken http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/pain-enhancer http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gogok-of-swiftness http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/molten-wildebeests-gizzard I love using BotS, Gogok and pain enhancer becanse of the attack speed that it gives to the vollies of meteors, it makes the metor shower feel complete, the problem is i keep dying, so i need to fit Wildebeest there..which gem would least effect my killling power out of those three? or is there some item that will help me keep the three gem?Worldoflies2 5d
5d The Disintegrate Build [Guide] - ------ --------------------- -------------------------------------- The Disintegrate Build [Guide] By Piehole#1628 -------------------------------------- Arcane: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQNYSO!ZbUS!YZccZc Fire: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#RQNYSO!ZbRS!aZYcZc (or variations thereof) The Disintegrate build is a simple and straightforward build. It is centered on the channeling skill Disintegrate as the major damage dealer and AP spender. If Resource cost reduction, APOC, and AP regeneration are properly allocated and balanced on your gear choices, then no active or passive abilities need to be used to support the disintegrate AP consumption; this keeps all of your abilities open for use. Newcomers to the build, or to the wizard class in general, will find is easy to gear around for low torment levels since no special legendary items are required. Mid torments gearing begins to require crafting or finding one of several legendary set items, weapons, or sources. High torments require the use of all of them. With the 2.1 patch, farming on Torment 6 is now certainly doable. Even Greater Rifts ("Grifts") of 30+ can be attained with this build. But no single item makes (or breaks) this build. . Ia. Arcane Power (AP) Management - General Ib. Arcane Power (AP) Management - Attack Speed Breakpoints II. Gear Choices III. Skill allocation IV. Fire Build Alternative V. Glossary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ia. Arcane Power (AP) Management -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They way in which you choose to manage your arcane power (AP) is crucial to the success of this build. As you put your gear together and choose your skills you must have a plan for recovering AP. This build does not use a Signature spell (free to cast) which means that when you get down to 0 AP….you are doing 0 DPS. There are several schools of thought on this topic. Some believe in “infinite channeling” – i.e. you recover AP at the same rate that you spend it so your AP is always full. Others tilt the other way and spend it as fast as they can burning down enemies with a higher power beam. Both of those I find unrealistic, so I sit in the middle: something like 12 seconds of disintegrate beam (in town) is just about right*. It allows you to channel long enough to fight off most elites without wasting resources channeling beyond that. Yeah….it won’t get you through a boss or Rift Guardian without kiting and waiting for you AP to fill….but that’s such a small portion of the game. That’s my tradeoff. [*This works out to about a 15 s channel against Gohm and longer than that in-game where there are more enemies for the Chaos Nexus beams to proc off of and generate more AP.] . -- There are several active and passive abilities which affect the length of time that you can channel. I list here the relevant ones: Energy Armor (EA): decreases your max AP pool by 20. It’s just a fact of life. You need to keep this in mind because you will always be using it. Magic Weapon (MW)/Conduit: Attacks have a chance to recover 3 AP Familiar Arcanot: increase AP regeneration by 4.5 per second Astral Presence: Increases your max AP by 20 and increases AP generation by 2.5 per second. -- There are several affixes on items which affect your AP: Wizard items (wand/staff, wizard hat*, sources, and some legendary rings) have an affix to add to your max AP. Typically you will be using a wand and source, but not necessarily a wizard hat. *i.e. Tal Rasha's Guide of Wisdom is a helm....not a wizard hat. Resource Cost Reduction (RCR) decreases the amount of AP spent. It is found on shoulders, rings, amulets, weapons, and sources. It can also be allocated in the Paragon Points menu. While extremely useful, just remember that it does not scale with the number of enemies like APOC does. Arcane Power on Crit (APoC) will generate AP on critical hits. This affix is found on helms and sources. Although not as powerful as it was before the ROS expansion, it still has the ability to scale with the number of enemies...unlike RCR. Increased Attack Speed (IAS) will INCREASE the rate at which you spend AP. Minimize when possible.. -- There are several set items which can be used to benefit channeling spells: Tal Rasha’s Relentless Pursuit 3-piece set bonus increases your AP generation by 2 per second. Captain Crimson’s Set (crafted) 3-piece bonus has a RCR of 10. . - Paragon points can be allocated toward RCR. If you spend 50 points you get 10 RCR. . . . So…there’s a formula for how to calculate how much Disintegrate costs to cast…and one to calculate how fast you recover AP. Then you have to subtract them and divide by your AP. Screw that. Here’s a link to Dolynick’s spreadsheet that will calculate it for you. Download it, go to the APOC-LoH tab, and put in your information in the box in the upper left-hand corner. Look for Disintegrate below and notice the column for “Channeling Time”. You can make speculative changes to your gear and see the effect here. I kid you not, the estimation here is spot on, so trust it. If you want to prove it to yourself, channel on Gohm and record your channeling time. If it’s not +/- 1 second, you’re doing something wrong. ... General things to consider: 1) Try to minimize attack speed. Sure, it increases your DPS, but decreases your channeling time. If you want to add IAS try to balance it by adding RCR somewhere as well. 2) Try to not use, in the end, any active or passive abilities to manage your AP (use items, sets, and RCR to do that). I think it’s better and easier to swap abilities for DPS and toughness than to also be worrying about swapping for AP management. At least try to keep that one thing constant. 3) Play! Watch your AP globe and see how full (nor not!) it is. Everyone’s playstyle is different. If you keep running out of AP…then add RCR or decrease IAS to help. If it never runs dry (except on RG and bosses) then perhaps you could drop some RCR and squeeze in some more toughness or DPS. 4) If you want to test gear choices, try channeling in town and record channeling time with a stopwatch. This is good for head-to-head comparisons. Just remember, if you have an item with APOC your channeling time will be longer when you are killing enemies. If you want a better test, then kill Gohm and record your channeling time. Also remember, your channeling time will be even longer in-game…where you are killing lots of enemies and your Chaos Nexus beam is critting a lot, and proccing APOC. So, ultimately, Play!...and adjust from there. . My recommendations as you start…or for low Torments: Use your first 50 paragon points in Utility to get +10 RCR. Craft Captain Crimson’s set for the bonus. All three if you have to. Or two plus Ring of Royal Grandeur. Use a source with APOC. . My recommendations for medium Torments (in addition to the above): Look for RCR on at least 2 items. Definitely shoulders. Gloves, source, and wand are good also. Start looking for Gesture of Orpheus (GoO)/Slorack’s Madness, At least 2 pieces of Tal Rasha’s set, and a Ring of Royal Grandeur (from Act one bounty cache). Start stacking +arcane damage: bracers, ammy, ring (SoJ), maybe helm (Andariel’s Visage). Start stacking +disintegrate damage: boots, helm (maybe source). Start stacking +familiar damage: shoulders, maybe chest.. My recommendations for higher Torments: You should have GoO or Slorack’s Madness (preferably), 4 piece Tal set bonus, and craft 3 piece Captain Crimson’s bonus. You should have either +damage from arcane/disintegrate/familiar appearing on nearly every item. You should have RCR on 2 items and APOC on one. Stack AR, armor, and single element resistances where appropriate. I’m not (at this time) going to make recommendations for toughness or AR or Armor here though. . . -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ia. Arcane Power (AP) Management - Attack Speed Breakpoints -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes, yes....Attack speed breakpoints will always be with us. They have to do with.....lots of complicated mathematical stuff that I don't understand. [Check out apo's sticky on the front of the wizard page for specifics as well as Dolynick's discussion on page 2 and 3 of this guide for more in depth information]. What I do know is how to optimize for them and I'll present that information here. Just like in the old CM/WW build, damage/LoH/procs/etc are tied to Attack Speed Breakpoints. Being just under or over a specific attack speed garners advantages and disadvantage. For CM/WW it was tied to LoH, CM procs, and freeze strength and you needed to be just over the breakpoint. For Disintegrate, it is mostly tied to damage efficiency and LoH with the requirement to be just under the breakpoint. NOTE: Adding attack speed does not necessarily mean that you will channel for less time (as you see repeated on the forums). Whereas crossing a breakpoint results in a large decrease in channeling time, adding or subtracting attack speed within a breakpoint has no effect on channeling duration. You need to know where you are with respect to your breakpoint. There are things that happen not only just above and below a breakpoint....but within it as well. Luckily, one piece of advice sums it all up: ---->If adding IAS on an item pushes you over the breakpoint....then go all the way to the top of it. Here is what happens as you cross over a breakpoint: Increased DPS (from the added IAS on your item) Increased LoH (about 8% more) Decreased channeling time (about 18-20% less). Here is what happens when you add IAS to reach the top of the breakpoint: Increased DPS (from adding even more IAS. About 5-7% more (when comparing the bottom and top of the breakpoint) Increased channeling time (About 2-3% more if using Chaos Nexus). Summary (TL;DR): Going up a breakpoint will cost you channeling time while increasing your LoH and DPS. You should add more IAS (using Paragon Points) to get to the top of the breakpoint since there is no penalty and will increase your DPS even more. If you want to maintain your old channeling time you will need to add more APOC/RCR/etc to make up the loss. Basically you have to balance whether or not an adding IAS for more DPS is worth it with respect to either a loss in channeling time or the gear affixes that you will have to add to negate that effect. . Breakpoints . ----------------------------------1.818 breakpoint---------------------------------- Just under the breakpoint at 1.817 AS (+29.8% Attack Speed Increase) Just over the breakpoint at 1.668 AS (+19.2% Attack Speed Increase) ----------------------------------1.667 breakpoint---------------------------------- Just under the breakpoint at 1.666 AS (+19.0% Attack Speed Increase) Just over the breakpoint at 1.540 AS (+10.0% Attack Speed Increase) ----------------------------------1.538 breakpoint---------------------------------- Just under the breakpoint at 1.537 AS (+9.8% Attack Speed Increase) Just over the breakpoint at 1.431 AS (+2.2% Attack Speed Increase) ---------------------------------1.429 breakpoint--------------------------------- How to use: Check to see what your “Attacks per Second” are in your details tab and see which breakpoint you fall within. Then add attack speed using Paragon Points until the “Attack Speed Increase” line in the Details tab matches the table below to just “Just under the breakpoint”. For instance, using a 1.4 AS wand and a Ring of Royal Grandeur (6 IAS) puts you at 1.48 AS. You need 3.8 more IAS from Paragon Points for a total of +9.8 “Attack Speed Increase” to get to an overall attack speed of 1.5372 which is “Just under the breakpoint”. To test it yourself: Check your channeling time in town when you are at the top of the breakpoint with a stopwatch. Add an additional 0.2 IAS using Paragon Points and check again. See how much your channeling time decreases!! . . -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- II. Gear Choices -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The gear choices are pretty straightforward to begin with, but get more difficult (as they should) as you start to tackle higher Torments. Fortunately, there is no single item that is required for this build (i.e. +2 Mirrorball, WoW, etc). . Weapon: Good: any weapon with an open socket (OS) and INT. Even RCR is good here. A wand is probably the best because of the +Max AP. However an axe, with slow attack speed, is just as good. Better: Gesture of Orpheus – the 15-20% Arcane damage is best in slot (BIS). Best: Slorack’s Madness – the 15-30% Disintegrate damage could net you 10% more DPS over a GoO.. Sources: many are good here. Look for one with APoC. Good: Any rare with INT, CC, APoC, and +disintegrate. Better: Tal Rash’s Unwavering Glare - Versatile, since it could help you make Tal’s set & open gearing options elsewhere. Better: Triumvirate - good for the extra elemental damage.. Jewelry – this is pretty wide open since no specific item is required. For amulets, something with Arcane%/INT/CC/CD would be BIS (even rare possibly). Rings should have INT/CC/CD and maybe even IAS. An SOJ is nice here as well. RORG is almost mandatory in the end. Good: a rare amulet with +arcane/INT/CC/CD. This is really nice, actually. Unlike its legendary counterparts however, the rolls in +arcane and INT are lower. Unless you have a legendary trifecta + arcane damage ammy, this combination will usually win out. Better: Tal Rasha’s Allegience - hard to roll +arcane/INT/CC/CD. Even a bad one may be worthwhile if you need the set though. But only use a poorly rolled one if you need the set. Best: Moonlight Ward (MLW) – This comes with +Arcane (up to 25%), CC and IAS. At worst you could reroll for a trifecta. This IAS isn’t exactly desired, but it’s a freaking MLW…deal with it. At best, your random primary roll will be CD, and you can roll off IAS for INT. Boom. GG. The extra DPS from the arcane energy proc is nice too, but requires you to be in melee range of the enemy. Best: Stone of Jordan (SoJ) – this is pretty much BIS for most builds. Up to 20% arcane damage, up to 30% elite damage, INT, and reroll for either CC or CD. Yes, please. Best: Ring of Royal Grandeur (RORG) – This ring eventually becomes almost mandatory in the end. There are potentially three different sets that you are going to be using…so it makes sense to have an RORG to help complete all of them. Even a bad one is worth it (just reroll something for CC or CD)...or try for trifecta.. Helm or Wizard Hat: will vary, depending on what you find and what sets you need to fill out. Good: The Swami/Dark Mage Shade/rare - anything, really…with INT/CC/+disintegrate damage (the last roll is up to you). If rare, look for a wizard hat with +Max Arcane. Best: Tal Rasha’s Guise of Wisdom - for the set bonus, if needed here. No +Max arcane though (wth?! Its not a wizard hat...). Best: Andariel’s Visage – this helm is the only one that you can roll +arcane damage on. In addition, it rolls IAS, and either CC or +disintegrate damage. The most you can get on other helms is two of those three (and never arcane). You can even talk your way into the IAS being good since that makes for more DPS (just balance the AP consumption out elsewhere). Your random roll is a choice between CC or +Disintegrate damage.. Chest: no real go-to winner here. Better: Aughild’s chest (crafted)…for the set bonuses. Best: Tal Rasha’s Relentless Pursuit – I guess this could be the best, since it has 5 primary rolls. At worst, you could always Haybale the IAS roll for something else. . Boots & Pants & Belt Best (belt): Not sure what the “best” is for belt, it just depends on what gear you have and what combination you have that work. It’s possible you might need the belt from Tal’s set or craft Captain’s set in the slot for the set bonuses….so you might not have much of a choice. Ultimately, I’d say that Sting of Ears would be the best due to the melee reduction secondary roll. Other runners up could be Witching Hour or Harrington Waistguard. Best (pants & boots): Captain Crimson’s Set (crafted) – The boots and pants fit pretty naturally here and qualify you for the 3-set set bonus (for RCR) if have a RORG. If not, you need the belt as well. There are several other belts that you probably want to slot in other than the Captain’s Belt really. The only requirements are that the pants have 2 OS’s and the boots have +Disintegrate.. Shoulder & Gloves & Bracers - These pieces are mostly dependent on what sets you are trying to fill. Bracers should have +Arcane damage and CC. Shoulders ought to have RCR (and would also be a good place for +Familiar damage and maybe even Area Damage). Gloves could be trifecta (if you can handle the IAS) but another good option is CC/CD along with RCR or VIT (since it is a higher roll here). Best: Aughild’s set (crafted) – typically I would use Aughild’s bracers and chest for the set (with RORG). If you are using Tal’s chest, then Aughild’s shoulders (or helm?) could be used to complete the set Best: Ashera’s set (crafted) – (gloves and shoulders only) This is a good place for this set. It’s not the strongest set, but the All Resistance (AR) and %life bonus sure is nice. However, if you need to use Aughild’s shoulders then this set will not work (i.e. boots and pants are slotted for Captain’s set). Better/Best?: Strongarm Bracers - Black Hole counts as knockback....so if you are using Black Hole then it can be a very nice damage buff. . Set Items . Tal Rasha’s set – This set gets a double nod. It has a 3-piece set bonus that grants an extra 2AP/second to be generated and the 4-piece set deals extra DPS in the form of meteors for each element that you are using in the build. The meteor damage gives you a little extra DPS to help with the higher torments and also acts as a monster damage defuff if you are playing in a group. The nice thing is that with an RORG you only need 2 Tal set pieces to get the AP generation buff (which is mostly what you are shooting for). When you find another piece then you’ll be ready for the higher MP’s with the meteor DPS buff. Aughild’s Set (crafted) – This is mandatory for high Torment levels, but there’s no reason not to use it at all levels since it is a crafted set. The reduced melee/ranged damage and reduced elite damage is too good to pass up. You can start with crafted bracers (with arcane and CC) for sure. The second piece depends on what Tal pieces that you have…so work around that. Ashera’s set (crafted) – this is a nice set to have, but not exactly mandatory. The 100 AR and 20% life from the 3-piece set is certainly nice though. Typically, you’d craft shoulders and gloves for the two piece set bonus (three with RORG). Like I said above, this set will not work if you have to have Aughild’s shoulders (since pants and boots are slotted for Captain’s set). Firebird's Set (see below). Legndary Gems Bane of the Powerful - 20% damage after killing an elite and 15% elite damage (at Rank 25) will certainly be useful. Bane of the Trapped - Increased damage when enemies are under crowd control (including when slowed with the bonus at Rank 25) is going to be a very strong gem. You're certainly using Black Hole and maybe even Frost Nova. Moratorium - Incoming damage is staggered over a period of time (or even cleared), is good defensively, just not as good as you maybe want it to be. Still good for a look. Zei's Stone of Vengence - This would seem to be a natural for channeling builds...increased damage the further you are away from the enemy...and a chance to stun as well (at rank 25). Gem of Effacacious Toxin - Has a 2000% DOT over 20 seconds...which is good, but not great. But the rank 25 gem includes +10% damage from all sources, which is pretty strong. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- III. Skill allocation -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- . The skills can vary widely depending on what Torment that you are running and what gear that you have. I will go through the 4 active skills and 3 passive skills I consider to be mandatory (with the best options for runes) and give a few options for the other active and passive skills. . --- Mandatory Active Skills (4) . Disintegrate – your main damage dealer and AP spender Chaos Nexus – This is my favorite of the runes. The extra sidebeams lead to a higher proc rate when enemies are range. This leads extra damage, more APOC generation, and more LoH. Moar beams please? Convergence: Damage changed to fire. See Fire Build Alternative below. Intensify – This rune doesn't really give disintegrate the extra ooomph that you think that it might with the +15% arcane bonus....it actually does less DPS than Chaos Nexus. However, the beam does travel to the edge of the screen whereas Chaos Nexus's beam is much shorter. It also has a higher proc rate than Chaos Nexus's main beam. So, basically, it does less damage but lets you stay farther away from enemies while getting good proc rates as well. The bonus only lasts 4 seconds, so just reclick your mouse every 4 seconds to reset this.. Teleport – because teleport. Many times you need to TP away and start channeling again. Safe Passage: Provides 25% less damage for 5 seconds after teleporting. Nice. Wormhole: Really good in group play. Helps you keep up with your team.. Magic Weapon – synergy buff. The base is 10% increased DPS. Electrify (lightning) – Some extra weapon damage as lightning. Will also proc EE/Tal set. Force weapon (arcane) – increases MW buff to 20% now (which is buffed by your gear too). Ignite (fire) - Some extra weapon damage as fire. Will also proc EE/Tal set. Deflection (arcane) – Instead of a DPS buff, this adds a shield to absorb damage when you attack (which is all the time, really). Definitely useful if you need a toughness buff. Conduit (arcane) – This will increase your AP regeneration.. Energy Armor – Protection - Necessary for almost every wizard and every build Pinpoint Barrier – if your mitigation is fine or you are speed farming, use this rune for the extra 5 CC and increased DPS Prismatic Armor – you will clearly need this on T5 or T6 for the increased toughness. [I do not consider Storm Armor/Power of the Storm to be viable for end-game consideration. It really provides no armor, so to speak. Even though it is great for channeling, really great actually, the fact remains that Energy Armor is the go-to for armor spells in high torments] . --- Possible Active Skills for the last slot (Choose 2) . Black Hole – This is almost mandatory. You are going to need crowd control (CC), especially on higher torments, to keep the enemies at bay as you burn them down from a distance. Spellsteal (arcane) – I really like this one for the extra DPS. I try to heard a large group of trash together (hopefully near an elite) before casting it to get the largest damage % increase possible Blazar (Fire) – Good fire damage. I use this mostly in coordination with the elemental exposure passive and to proc the Tal Set bonus. It is also a huge damage boost for the Fire alternative with Firebird's set. Supermassive (lightning) – This one is fun on lower torments, just to pull together a group of trash from a wider area. Helps to clear faster. Will also proc EE/Tal set. Event Horizon (Arcane) – Absorbs projectiles and nearby monster damage affixes. Useful, especially on higher torments to increase survivability.. Frost Nova/Bone Chill - I've been very fond of this lately. You can use Black Hole for far away crowd control...but eventually the monsters will get closer. Pop Frost Nova/Bone Chill for the last bit of crowd control and 33% more DPS to finish the mobs off. Best of all is that it does not use an attack turn so you do NOT break your channel and lose the damage increase that you're build up. Love it!! . Familiar – synergy buff. A familiar fires 179% weapon damage against a single target. Does not hit every enemy in a mob…just the single one it hit. Good for bosses and Rift Guardians....and maybe elites. Keep this in mind. Cannoneer (arcane) – Since this is arcane, and you have +arcane gear, this will buff that damage even more. Sparkflint (fire) – Extra damage and will also proc EE/Tal set. Icicle (cold) – Provides a 1 second freeze against a single enemy and will also proc EE/Tal set. Arcanot (arcane) - Will also proc EE/Tal set. It will also regenerate 2 AP/second for you. Use it if you need to, though I suggest using item affixes and sets to manage your AP. . Archon – I’m not an archon type of guy, but this can provide some burst damage as well as extra mitigation as well. It would synergize best probably with a GoO because of the +Arcane damage (the +disintegrate from Slorack’s would be wasted here). If you are savy, and have the right gear, you can even work in Vyr’s set along with Captain’s and Tal’s sets so you get the bonus of being able to use every rune of Archon. You'll also probably want to try to stack some Cooldown Reduction so that you can use it more often. . Slow Time – This one is kind of fun to play with if you have a GoO. There is no cooldown and you can repeatedly cast it. Time Warp/Stretch Time - Both can be used to increase damage. The latter one buffs the group while the former just buffs yourself. Both decrease enemy attack and movement speed when in the bubble Point of No Return - This is a nice utility spell for CC. Monsters are stunned when the enter or exit the bubble. Thus, if you position the bubble between you and the enemy they get stunned twice before the reach you. Nice while channeling. Useful on grifts when you need extra time to do damage. . Hydra – I’ll throw this one out here just to make you think that you have more options than you really do. You could use the hydras for extra damage and to proc EE/Tal’s set bonuses. . --- Mandatory Passive Skills . Blur – Because Blur. You are going to need the damage reduction. . Unwavering Will – Increased DPS/Armor/AR when standing still. Which is what you do when you are casing a channeling spell. Use it. . Elemental Exposure – I like this one because it is a free 5% extra damage at a minimum. If you have a GoO that rolls an element other than arcane (cold, lightning, or fire) then it is a 10% damage increase. Eventually , for T6 you will need the extra DPS from the Tal Meteor 4-piece set proc. This synergizes perfectly and maximally with the Tal Set meteor proc since you will need active abilities from 4 different elements to proc all 4 meteors. That means 20% extra DPS for free. . --- Possible Passive Skills for the last slot . Dominance – this grants you a shield (stacks 10 times) when you kill an ememy. The kicker is that group members killing enemies also build stacks. This works great for a fast-moving group (that is always killing enemies) if you are in need of extra toughness. . Temporal Flux – I really like this one for crowd control…especially on higher torments. It’s gonna take awhile to burn down enemies, and this slows them down to give you the extra time to do it. The tooltip says enemies are only slowed for 2 seconds, but if you are using Chaos Nexus the side beams fire several times a second and refresh the debuff. Nice, eh? . Evocation - If you choose both Black hole and Frost Nova for 2 of your actives, then this passive might be a good choice to support it. It'll help both of them get off cooldown faster which in turn will lead to better crowd control and eDPS. . Glass Cannon – Gives you a 15% boost to DPS as the cost of 10% AR and Armor. The mitigation loss from GC can really never be made up by stacking more AR and Armor and be competitive on T5/T6. So stop trying...you'll just get yourself killed. Use it to have fun on lower Torment levels though. . Audacity – It’s an extra 15% damage…but only at close range. Need to be able to tank to use it effectively. . Astral Presence – I don’t really recommend this just because I think it’s best to gear for AP management. If you have to use AP here, then you can’t use any of the other possible options above. . Arcane Dynamo (AD) (and electrocute) – This is what you might need to really tackle T6. Disintegrate isn’t exactly efficient at T6…it’s just not enough DPS. If you swap out electrocute for MW or Familiar then you can use it to quickly build up AD stacks. When you do…fire Disintegrate for an extra 60% DPS. As soon as you move…the DPS bonus goes away and you need to rebuild stacks. Knockbacks reset the bonus. Moving because you’re standing in molten resets the bonus. Etc. So, I find it a little clunky and tough to use, but maybe if I LTP it would be really good. It may shine its best in groups where you can kite less if you friends are tanking. . -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- IV. Fire Build Alternative: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are quite a few differences between the standard Disintegrate build and the Fire Disintegrate build utilizing the Convergence Rune. 1) Using the Convergence rune turns all damage into fire. This now means that all of your items that have arcane% for extra damage now are not beneficial. Only items with fire% will now increase your DPS. Some items include Magefists, Cindercoat, Firebird Off-hand, Stone of Jordan, and any amulet or bracers. There are several fire% weapons....The Burning Axe of Sankis, Devastator (crafted Mace), and Maximus (2H sword). Of course, weapons with elite%, such as Furnace and Sun Keeper, are probably even more desired especially for Greater Rifts. 2) Wearing a cindercoat is almost mandatory to wear. This item reduces the cost of fire skills by 23-30% as well as increasing fire damage by up to 20%. The cost reduction is HUGE - its like having four items that have 7% CDR each. This means that you don't need CDR on your Off Hand or Shouders and don't need to use Tal or Captains set. The drawback is that your roll for Cindercoat will likely be Fire%/3 Sockets/INT and either VIT or Armor or AR. However, you can easily make up for that on other items now. 3) You lose the use of the Temporal Flux passive. No arcane damage....no 80% slow anymore. You'll have to balance standing still and kiting even more than before. 4) You gain the Firebird Set bonus. This set becomes almost mandatory....You will kill things faster and will lessen the loss of the Temporal Flux Passive. You can use this either as the full 6-piece set or as a 5-piece set with the Ring of Royal Grandeur. Since your chest is Cindercoat, that leaves you with: Boots, Pants, Gloves, off-hand, and orb (if using RoRG). If you are not using RoRG then you must use shoulders as well. 5) Other item choices. If you are using RoRG with the 5 items listed above, then that also allows you to use Aughild's set (shoulders and bracers) and get the set bonus as well. However, this means that you will not be able to use a Stone of Jordan (assuming that you and your follower are using a Unity). Dropping the RoRG for a SoJ means that you must use Firebird shoulders to complete the FB set (still using cindercoat, of course) and will lose the Aughild set as well (use Strongarm bracers instead). This will give you a much more offense minded build...but will be more squishy as well. 6) Using the Firebird DOT. There are many articles in the wizard sticky about the FB DOT, so I won't go though it in detail. Basically, the 6-set bonus will amplify your damage in the ramp-up to the permanent DOT...and then continue to do damage after that until the enemies dies. Just look for the FB icon that appears on the head of the enemy. The DOT will continue doing damage until the enemy dies but only if you are within about 2 screens distance. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- V. Glossary: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- . AP = arcane power APoC = Arcane Power on Crit(ical Hit) AR – All Resistance BIS = best in slot CC = critical hit chance CC = crowd control CD = critical hit damage DOT = Damage over Time EA = Energy Armor EE = Elemental Exposure passive FB = Firebird GoO = Gesture of Orpheus Haybale – too reroll one of the set affixes on a legendary item. IAS = Increased Attack Speed or Attack Speed Increase LTP = Learn To Play MLW = Moonlight Ward MW = Magic Weapon RCR = Resource Cost Reduction SM = Slorack’s Madness SoJ = Stone of Jordan Trifecta = CC/CD/IAS on a ring, amulet, or gloves. WoW = Wand of Who Trifecta = CC and CD and IAS on a ring, amulet, or gloves. ________________________________________________ Diablo III Wizard MVP |My street cred is limited to the friendly confines of the wiz forum Piehole YouTube page: www.youtube.com/user/PieHole1628 Danger: Please do not feed the trolls!PieHole432 5d
5d Hello I am fairly new to diablo I really like the idea of being an ice wizard but I hear its pretty trash, does this new season mean a chance for them to add new stuff to possibly make it good?Kooriaisu2 5d
6d who are these people? Do theystart playing Diablo recently? I don't recognize a lot of names here and I'm wondering if they started posting recently even though they have been playing for a long time.yodatoy22 6d
6d Attack speed from cains or firebirds 6p set? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Worldoflies-1835/hero/80198830 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#NQSPjT!edfX!YcZYYZ I really like how ASI works with my meteor sheild build, but firebirds 6p set http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/firebirds-talons would be helpful since i die really easily at gr27, but i still haven't gotten the 25rank wildebeest gem http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/molten-wildebeests-gizzard My focus for this build was to cast as many meteors as possible so the cain 2p http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/cains-warmers set helps a lot with this, and the ASI gem Gogok i can get to 80% ASI http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gogok-of-swiftness . Which do you think i should go for? Also if you have any suggestions i'd love to hear them.Worldoflies6 6d
Oct 16 Wizard Class overhaul - feedback appreciated. Hello everybody, Ive been doing a fair amount of thinking about the state of our class lately, and decided to make this thread to catalog some proposed changes, get your feedback about them, and eventually post them to the next PTR. The goal of these changes is not another round of powercreep. Merely mechanical overhauls and slight number tweaking that will open up new build possibilities. The changes are limited in scope with the goal of getting some actual change done. So there will be no buffs to Shock Pulse listed. I will try to break things down by skill, and sometimes by item/sets. Hopefully it is coherent, and will put my reasoning after the listed change Arcane Orb: Now detonates where you cast - arcane variants unchanged Scorch: Balancing of damage between explosion and wall of fire - 50/50 [bFrozen Orb][/b]: slight buff to 450% WD. Reasoning: Two of the least used runes are now viable and possibly fun to play. Were underwhelming due to limited synergy with Unstable Scepter. Channeling: Possibly very difficult to balance with the addition of Etched Sigil, Deathwish: Buffed to 50% and channel skills start at max damage Unwavering Will: From 1.5 seconds to "while channeling" Reasoning: Channeling isnt mechanically inferior like Scorch and FO are, but the current nature of D3 does not favor such skills. These two changes will add badly needed damage and mitigation. Meteors: Currently both meteor specific weapons are two handed. With the current state of the Cube and wizards in general, two handed weapons are DOA. Blackhand Key: New meteor wand with one of several new affixes 1) Meteor gains a rune: Either Thundercrash, or Meteor shower. 2) Meteor costs 50% less resource, and lesser enemies are lured to landing point 3) All resource costs reduced by 40%, and meteor casts twice as fast - all three would also roll with 75-100% meteor damage. Ranged Gameplay Aether Walker: Teleport gains the Safe passage Rune. AP cost of 20 Reasoning: Currently every single wizard set and build can run Safe Passage except for Tal Rasha, which also happens to have the weakest built in DR. Temporal Flux: Enemies hit by Arcane Power Spenders are slowed by 80% for 2 seconds Reasoning: Allows ranged crowd control and automatic triggering of Bane of the Trapped. Helps with mitigation and DPS. Turns a useless passive into a viable one. Halo of Karini: Now lasts 5 seconds Storm Armor: Needs to be redesigned. Ideas appreciated Tentative: Base Storm Armor grants 10% DR Rune 1: Reduce AP costs by 4 Rune 2: Increase move speed by 20% while active (can go over cap) Rune 3: Enemies shocked by storm armor are stunned for 1.5 seconds Archon I am of the opinion that Vyr is the archon set, and that the current FB archon is toxic. Fazula's chain: Now moved to Vyr 6pc. Vyr 6pc moved to Fazula's. Vyr 6pc also gains 250% damage bonus while in archon. Firebird: Ideas requested 1) revert 4pc, change 6pc to "while an enemy is burning" gain 2500% to fire damage and burning enemies deal 60% less damage. Explosive Blast: Procs from Wand of Woh now deal Area Damage. Magic Missile: Mirrorball: MM now pierces and deals 300% more damage. Gesture of Orpheus: Slow time now deals 3000% WD per second. Element decided by highest % modifier, and is buffed only by DMO 6pc. Jang's Envelopement: Each enemy hit by Black Hole reduces the cooldown of Black Hole by 1 second. Enemies are slowed by 80% for 4 seconds after they land.Gbrav1328 Oct 16
Oct 15 What's the best set for a cold build! All done with the season & want to do a cold Wizz build for the fun of it & want to know what set I need to look out for, Thank you!TheGaige7 Oct 15
Oct 15 No new patch for Season 8 = suck for Wiz? The title asks the burning question. I'm not much into the current Firebird iteration. For those who enjoy the current Wiz set designs more power to you.BossDogg12 Oct 15
Oct 14 Lightning Archon how to Ignite? So I found this guide. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82963-s7-gr99-firebird-solo The guide says to use lightning damage in Archon. So my question is, how do you ignite stuff? I don't get it. Icy Veins says to use Fire damage in Archon, that makes more sense. I have played a Vyr's Archon build in the past, so I understand the basics.ExtraVision1 Oct 14
Oct 14 Tal Rasha Help PREFACE: I am NOT an expert player. My pattern has been to pick up d3 every 4-5 months and play for about a month. I rolled a wizard for season 7 and am having a lot of fun with tal rasha set. However, I am hitting a wall at gr65. The only way I am able to do gr65 is by kiting like tommy boy fending off a bee attack. While I enjoy the skills I am using (molten meteor has always been one of my fav d3 skills), I know I must be doing something wrong. Can one of the more experience players please take a look at my seasonal wiz and give me some pointers for playing with TR set? I have found the other sets but I'm trying to make this one work for now. I've never been a big fan of archon simply because it changes all your skills. For instance, I prefer how wob buffs barb but with same skills. I know my gear isnt the best. I'm really looking for advice on what combination of skills and items work the best for TR. thank youKrullux2 Oct 14
Oct 14 Best Wiz Farmer/Speed gr's I made a build on Diablofan's Website, i believe its going to be the fastest farmer for every thing from bounties to gr's for wizards, i like some opinions, if u would. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/83828-poweroverwhelming Im currently using it on and i can clear rifts then most UE deamon hunters and same goes for gr's. right now on good rifts can do gr 60's under 2 mins, but that's just skewed by my paragon probably. it dosent speed farm 70's tho cause u just wont kill fast enough.(may be it can but im on HC so i wont bother trying) 65's ez tho too.Zero9 Oct 14
Oct 12 [Suggestion] Elemental Combinations Hi all! I have an idea that would change the game mechanics a bit, lets call it "elemental combinations" (though it would further buff Tal set and playstyle, it could be implemented to other item sets or classes too): We have some cool debuffs in the game like burn, chill, and other kind of dots and various effects. I will focus on burn and chill since it is a wiz topic. Lets say, your enemies are alrdy burning, and you just applied a chill effect on them. In this case - due to the thermal forces - they will become "fragile", taking 25% more dmg from arcane and physical attacks. Another instance is, when you apply chill effect on monsters, and striking them with lightning. They will become superconductors, and any more lightning dmg overcharges them, making them similiar to when they're affected by the Fluminator. For last one, take an example of fire + arcane, wich will make the enemy affected by "chaos" effect. Affected enemies are become confused, attacking each other for the duration of the debuff. If an unaffected enemy gets attacked by this way, he will become confused too. I could continue this list endlessly, because of the huge number of variations and ideas, but i think that you alrdy got the essence of my explanation, and i'd like to read your opinions about it. I think this would be a real gamechanger for wizards (and for other classes too), and opens up a huge number of new item effects, or helps in the revision of current ones. Sorry for m bad english, hope u understood all :)Ellusion0 Oct 12
Oct 11 Just turned 70; need some assistance (Archon) I just made a new wizard and could use a helping hand - if some experienced folks could tell me how to reroll the gear I have equipped for the best effect for an Archon wizard, I'd much appreciate it. Here is my wizard: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Musashi-1332/hero/74245767 I used the post by this person as kind of a template for the gear I should be using and the skills I should have selected: http://www.d3planner.com/565641057 Basically, I don't know nearly enough about what is good in the way of stats and what isn't on the gear I have equipped, and don't want to accidentally roll something away that is of real use, but don't realize it. I feel kinda like I need to re-learn the game every time I pick it up because there is so much I don't know, so I don't want to make any mistakes this time around. Anyway, I took all the abilities that the uber-mage did (though it might not be reflected on a fresh 70). I also found this guide, but is it any good still? http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-vyr-archon-build-patch-2-4-2-season-7 I also have a chantodo's will and force in my stash somewhere if folks think that is better.Musashi4 Oct 11
Oct 11 GR70-GR80 gem leveling build? Hi there, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems to me that FB-Archon starts to shine beyond GR80, if in a rift with nice density. For farming mid-lvl GR it seems to be on the slow side for me. So, what would be a nice build for this range? I'm looking for something that can do a GR75 conveniently and doesn't rely on spamming a button (i.e. I don't want to feel forced to use a mouse macro like most Woh builds are). Any recommendations?Shiimiish2 Oct 11
Oct 11 Rasha-Woh Build advice I really love the concept and play style of the Rasha-WoH Explosive blast build( I like to call it the man on fire build) And was hoping someone could lend some advice on my current build. I can farm Tx easily, But moving up to txiii currently is out of the question(Pushing for stash tab). I get nearly insta-killed by elites, and just don't seem to be pushing out enough damage outside of Geom proc. Outside of continuing my hunt for ancient upgrades, is there anything I can change up to alleviate my problem? http://www.d3planner.com/954002202xxJohnDeerxx8 Oct 11
Oct 11 Bane of Powerful vs Pain Enhancer Hi, why every wiz DD in 4ppl use pain enhancer if chantodo wave(main source of damage) dont benefit from Attack speed? Fromanother side BoP gives +15% to elites and +20% dmgAlec8 Oct 11
Oct 8 AD, ASPD, and LoH for Firebird Build 2.4.2 Hi, I just start playing wizard on current 2.4.2 patch. I know Area Damage, Attack Speed, and Life on hit are important for monk, How about wiz? Do we stack AD? Do we need attack speed and LoH in our equip? Currently I dont focus on AD, ASPD, or LoH. But, since I got an ancient Chantodo's Will with below stat: +1411-1709 Holy Damage +945 Int 7% attack speed 17% area damage Please help me which stat to reroll? Thanks.sever6 Oct 8
Oct 7 [Suggestion] Set-Items & Legendaries ... Head, Torso, Legs, Feet, Shoulders, Hands, Off-Hand (2) Set: Enemies hit by your lightning skills are afflicted by „Electrified“, becoming Slowed and taking 2200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds. If an enemy dies while under „Electrified“, it explodes and deals 3300% weapon damage as Lightning to all nearby enemies. (4) Set: After applying „Electrified“ to an enemy, you take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds. Furthermore, „Storm Armor“ gains the effect of all runes. (6) Set: After casting „Black Hole“, gain 2250% increased damage for 15 seconds to all your ranged skills. . . . ... Head, Torso, Legs, Feet, Shoulders, Hands, Off-Hand (2) Set: Enemies hit by your arcane skills are afflicted by "Arcane Domination", becoming Slowed and taking 2500% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds. You periodically summon a purple glowing "Arcane-Clone" of yourself (could also be a Ghost Light, a Skull, a Soul, or a Ghost). The "Clones" track enemies that are afflicted by "Arcane Domination" and explode on hit, dealing 550% weapon damage as Arcane to all enemies in the area of the explosion. (4) Set: „Mirror Image“ gain the effect of all runes and know use „Magic Missile“ – „Seeker" as Basic-Attack. Removes the "push-effect" when casting „Mirror Image“. Furthermore your „Mirror Images“ and "Hydra" are now real pets. They remain until they die. Your „Mirror Images“ can now move freely. Your "Hydra" periodically pulls in enemies within 30 yards. (6) Set: Your „Hydra“ and „Mirror Image“ in addition periodically release a „Wave of Force“ and „Frost Nova“. You are healed by 5% of the damage, done by your „Hydra“ and „Mirror Image“. Gain 500% increased damage to all your ranged skills for each active „Mirror Image“. . . . ... Amulet Of The Giant Hydra: Your Hydra becomes a more powerful "Giant Hydra" with an Arcane-, Lightning-, Blazing-, Frost-, and Mammoth-Head. Arcane Bracers: Your take 15% less damage for each active „Mirror Image“. Ring Of The Familiar: „Familiar“ calls all Familiars to your side. Electrified Amulet: „Electrified“ enemies periodically release a lightning explosion. The target and enemies within the area of the explosion suffer 550% weapon damage as Lightning. Black Bracers: Decrease the cooldown of „Black Hole“ by 25%. Increase the damage of „Black Hole“ by 300%. When your „Black Hole“ hits 3 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by 350–400%. Source Of The Magic Flux: „Arcane Torrent (Static Discharge)“ gain the effect of the runes „Flame Ward“ and „Cascade“. Furthermore increases the area of the impact location. Source Of The Magic Ray: When you cast "Ray of Frost" you in addition cast "Disintegrate - Convergence" and "Disintegrate - Volatility". Ring Of The Torrent: „Arcane Torrent“ shoots additional projectiles that automatically track random enemies. Ring Of The Charged Atmosphere: After your Storm Armor electrocuted an enemy, your damage is increased by 50% and your attack speed is increased by 5% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Ring Of The Thunder Crash: Every 6 seconds you call down 3 Thunder-Crash-Meteors in a rapid successionon on random enemies. The Meteors will cause elemental damage, based on your highest +X% elemental damage you have equipped. Amulet Of The Meteor Swarm: Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will trigger a „Meteor-Shower“ of the same damage type. There is a 8 second cooldown for each damage type. Ring Of The Raging Storm: Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will trigger a „Blizzard“ of the same damage type that now deals 2200% weapon damaage over 10 seconds in a 33 Yard radius. Multiple casts in the same area from the same caster do only stack for different elements (damage types). There is an 8 second cooldown for each damage type. Source Of The Raging Storm: Blizzard now has a 6 second Cooldown All „Blizzard-Runes“ now deals 2200% weapon damaage over 10 seconds in a 33 Yard radius. When you cast any Blizzard you in addition cast Lightning Storm, Frozen Solid and Apocalypse.Azathoth4 Oct 7
Oct 5 How does it feel? To know that this is it, balance = done, and what we have now is the final iteration of the class?wage11 Oct 5
Oct 4 I have two questions about meteors. If i stack attack speed will it work with a constant stream of meteor shower? Or is the meteor shower proc rate still too bad for it? or dose that not matter anymore? Do you have to have certain skills on to get certain items, like meteor skills for meteor items like grand vizor?Worldoflies3 Oct 4
Oct 4 Firebirds set dungeon Hi, I need help with Firebirds set dungeon. I finish both objectives but i cant master it because i cant kill elites fast enough.Ive tried to post my profile link for my wizard but it seems im a gimp because i cant find my "Diablo III BattleTag in the login box" :P. Ive watched youtube, ive read the tutorials i found on internet but i still cant master the dungeon. I know some of you tried and tried again until you made it and others were successful after only a few attempts but could you please give some tips of how i can do that set dungeon? Many thanks.Nemuriciu3 Oct 4
Oct 4 Need advise on FB wiz I can never kill elites while archon is active, not sure what the problem is besides missing one leg gem and some different gear rolls. Anyone able to look at my gear and give me some advise on what i should change/reroll to have better damage/luck? Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/zeke-1240/hero/80487098zeke2 Oct 4
Oct 3 I have few question hello I want to ask i have a wizard with 2.2m damage and 19m toughness and 1m recovery,my question is whats the max gr can i beat? my gear is 6 Piece Firebird's Finery ,2 Piece Chantodo's Resolve,2 Piece Endless Walk,1292 Paragon.thx uTheFush4452 Oct 3
Oct 3 Wizard skill - Blizzard needs some love I am really hoping this skill gets looked at or it gets some meaningful items to enhance Blizzard or a thoughtful over hall with the skill. As it stands it really doesn't have a purpose and that's a shame because its such a cool skill. I would love to use Blizzard on my Cold LoN Wiz causing massive ive storms to rain down but the damage is horrific and its not even worth using as a crowd control spell because I already have 3 different ways of freezing (Cold meteor, frost gloves, and halo ring) The other cold spells leave much to be desired as well, because there aren't many skills at all to choose from to deal damage with a cold spec. You are pretty much left with Meteor or Twister channeling. I know I could use blizzard in my build and probably just struggle through T10-13 but Comet does far more damage and it only has the one item to support that (meaning if blizzard got a meaningful item it too could do well!) Anyways here is my cold spec if anyone cares to look. I think I got up to a GR65 with it http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ham-1685/hero/75125729Ham9 Oct 3
Oct 2 Wiz LoN Electrocute Build Got an electrocute build i'm wanting to try out and wanna see what everyone thinks of it and if there are any suggestions on the build Armor: Aquilla Curiass Bracers : Ancient parthan or Vambraces Helm: Velvet Camaral Gloves: St Archews Gage Offhand: Mykans ball of hate Belt: Hunters Wrath Cube: The Shame of Delsare Pants: Depth Diggers Boots: Nilfurs Boast or Illusionary Boots Weapon: Starfire Cube: Fulminator/Furnace/Schafers Hammer Rings: LoN set Cube: WyrdWard(Not sure how stun works in higher torments)/Halo of Arlyse/Halo of karini Amulet: Dovu or Overwhelming Gems: Simplicity's Str Bane of the Powerful Bane of the Trapped Skills: Left Click: Electrocute - Chain Lightning Right Click: Black Hole: Supermassive 1: Teleport: Wormhole 2: Hydra: Lightning Hydra/Magic Weapon: Deflection 3: Storm Armor: Shocking Aspect/Ice Armor: Chilling armor depending on what ring you cube 4: Diamond Skin: enduring Skin Passives: 1: Audacity 2: Illusionist 3: Dominance 4: BlurCart11 Oct 2
Oct 2 gr 80 down hc! woo! what a rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0a__vNVG4&feature=youtu.beOGlameboi6 Oct 2
Oct 1 Firework wiz If you tired of firebird Archon, check my so-called firework wiz, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Th3Dimension-1151/hero/4368330. She passed 77 in one run. Easily can push to 80+.Th3Dimension6 Oct 1
Oct 1 Female Wizard's /dance Why does she dance like Kate Bush, though?Wolendov1 Oct 1
Sep 30 2.4.2 Firebird Disintegrate build Here's the build on d3planner http://www.d3planner.com/721797631 , I want to know if anyone has suggestions on how I can improve it.Arcane8 Sep 30
Sep 30 How to improve my LoN Electrocute? I've been trying things like Starfire, Zei's, Fulminator and some other things - any suggestions are very welcome! ∩ •́ヮ•̀)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ (Char name: BaoLing)KadaverjunkY37 Sep 30
Sep 30 Etched Sigil should proc set bonuses I know Etched sigil does not but it should. It should proc: Delseres 2 piece Delseres 6 piece Firebirds 4 piece Firebirds 6 piece Tal Rashas 4 piece Tal Rasha's 6 pieceI am aware It's been done this way for balance reasons. But currently the etched sigil is a cool item that is junk cause there's no good builds that use it. Either add more legendaries that make it useful, redesign etched sigil to be better or allow etched sigil to proc set bonuses.the8thark7 Sep 30
Sep 30 Lost left arm - any way to return to wizard? I've been offline since a severe car accident in March. My left hand is all but useless - hoping it may improve with time, but who knows... Recognizing I won't be much help in groups, but I'm desperate to kill some time and miss D3. Are there any viable builds that can be run from the mouse? Probably not, but figured this group might know.Greer9 Sep 30
Sep 29 Fastest speed build- Tal6/Vyr4 or just Tal6? Just wondering what is the fastest speed farming build people are using (for stuff like TXIII bounties, regular rifts, vaults, low GR gem leveling)? Is it one of these (first is Tal6 second is Tal6/Vyr4) - http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82163-2-4-2-txiii-infinite-blast-redux-3-min-run http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82408-s7-torment-xi-xiii-vyrrasha-archon Thanks!Negative7 Sep 29