Wizard

Aug 24, 2011 Welcome! Please Read Welcome to the wizard forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of the Diablo III wizard class with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct: http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct Posting Guidelines: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3074657442#2 Important Reminders: Search The search function at the top of the community site is extremely effective and robust. Before you create a new forum topic, please be use it to search for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer for which you are looking. Making a new thread on an existing subject can result in your thread being deleted or, if you continue to re-post the same content, the loss of your forum privileges for spamming. Rating The forum rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, demote unhelpful comments, and even report posts that violate the forum Code of Conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with several options, including a "thumbs up" (Like) and a "thumbs down" (Dislike) icon. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon will rate the post up. If enough people like a post, it will gain a Highly Rated status and appear at the top of related search results. Highly Rated posts will also have a highlighted background. Clicking the "thumbs down" icon will expand a drop-down menu which will include "Dislike," "Trolling, "Spam" and "Report" options. "Dislike" will rate the post down. If enough people dislike a post, it will be darkened, and with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden completely. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of a violation. Please note that you can only rate each post once. Use your power wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community.Daxxarri1 Aug 24, 2011
May 16, 2012 Vetting a Hero: the Wizard It can be difficult to choose which hero you want to take into battle against the legions of the Burning Hells. To help inform your decision we’ve compiled all of the gameplay and story information you need broken down by class. Barbarian Demon Hunter Monk Witch Doctor The Wizard Wizards are renegade spellcasters who use their bodies as vessels for arcane energy, forsaking the more careful path favored by other magic users. They manipulate all manner of forces to disintegrate, burn, and freeze their foes, and they can control time and light to teleport, create powerful illusions, and deflect oncoming attacks. Wizards grip wands and staves to focus their less potent magics, blasting at their enemies while gathering the energy or time necessary to destroy them in a dazzling hail of arcane might. With few exceptions, wizard attacks are conducted at a distance, away from danger. As living artillery, wizards are well suited to relying on long-range destructive power. Videos Darkness Falls, Heroes Rise - Wizard story and gameplay pre-launch preview Skill Rune Preview - An example of how skill runes augment an ability like Ray of Frost Wizard Reveal Trailer - The wizard class is revealed at BlizzCon 2008 Diablo III Gameplay Preview - Worldwide Invitational 2008 Diablo III first-ever gameplay trailer featuring the barbarian and witch doctor Gameplay Active Skills Passive Skills Skill Progression Skill Calculator Items Images Artwork Screenshots Character Background ... ...Zarhym0 May 16, 2012
Aug 23 RoS Wizard Tools (updated for v2.4.2) I created this set of tools for my own use and decided that they could be of benefit to others. The tools are designed to remove a lot of the guess work from gearing choices and give you a as accurate an estimate of your wizard's potential in various aspects as possible. What it includes: -Tool to help with calculating the eDPS of various spell combinations -Tool to calculate the APoC and LoH returns of spells and their "spam-ability" -Tool for calculating Mitigation and Sustain -Tool that calculates changes in DPS, Mit & eHP with stat changes. -Tool for calculating Cooldown Reduction and Cost Reduction -Tool for calculating the Firebird 6-piece DoT damage and infinite DoT threshold -Tool for calculating damage within a Tal Rasha 6-piece skill rotation. -Tables for all breakpoints (Yes, they still very much exist in RoS). -Reference page of stats for skills with some notes on behavior (Requires Microsoft Excel or compatible spreadsheet software) Download location: http://www.olynick.net/d3/tools VOD of the Wizard Tools Workshop on April19, 2015: http://www.twitch.tv/vizjereiclan/c/6569262 Let me know what you think. -dolynickdolynick241 Aug 23
4h How to improve my LoN Electrocute? I've been trying things like Starfire, Zei's, Fulminator and some other things - any suggestions are very welcome! ∩ •́ヮ•̀)⊃━☆゚. * ・ 。゚ (Char name: BaoLing)KadaverjunkY32 4h
5h gr 80 down hc! woo! what a rush https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy0a__vNVG4&feature=youtu.beOGlameboi1 5h
5h Wiz LoN Electrocute Build Got an electrocute build i'm wanting to try out and wanna see what everyone thinks of it and if there are any suggestions on the build Armor: Aquilla Curiass Bracers : Ancient parthan or Vambraces Helm: Velvet Camaral Gloves: St Archews Gage Offhand: Mykans ball of hate Belt: Hunters Wrath Cube: The Shame of Delsare Pants: Depth Diggers Boots: Nilfurs Boast or Illusionary Boots Weapon: Starfire Cube: Fulminator/Furnace/Schafers Hammer Rings: LoN set Cube: WyrdWard(Not sure how stun works in higher torments)/Halo of Arlyse/Halo of karini Amulet: Dovu or Overwhelming Gems: Simplicity's Str Bane of the Powerful Bane of the Trapped Skills: Left Click: Electrocute - Chain Lightning Right Click: Black Hole: Supermassive 1: Teleport: Wormhole 2: Hydra: Lightning Hydra/Magic Weapon: Deflection 3: Storm Armor: Shocking Aspect/Ice Armor: Chilling armor depending on what ring you cube 4: Diamond Skin: enduring Skin Passives: 1: Audacity 2: Illusionist 3: Dominance 4: BlurCart9 5h
12h [GUIDE] TalOrbit – T13 Speed Rift/Bounty ___________________________________________________________________ I. INTRO ___________________________________________________________________ This is a Wizard speed farmer effective for 4 player T13 rifts and T13 bounty splits. It will run GR 65s in 2 min once optimized. It comes with Aether Walker, Sages, Nemesis full time and requires 0 IAS, 0 CDR, 0 RCR. It has huge upfront dps great for downing elites/RG. It’s got a bit of a learning curve, and the playstyle might not be for everyone. An faster 'advanced' version for lower difficulties is outlined in the second post. ___________________________________________________________________ II. SKILLS ___________________________________________________________________ ACTIVES Teleport: Calamity (Arcane) Spectral Blades: Thrown Blades (Lightning) Arcane Orb: Arcane Orbit (Arcane, no attack turn) Force Armor: (free slot if your defense is high) Frost Nova: Frozen Mist (Cold, no attack turn) Explosive Blast: Short Fuse (Fire, no attack turn) PASSIVES Audacity Arcane Dynamo Elemental Exposure Galvanizing Ward /Blur /UA /UW /Dominance (free slot if defense is high) ___________________________________________________________________ III. GEAR ___________________________________________________________________ GEMS Bane of the Trapped Bane of the Powerful Esoteric GEAR Weapon: Unstable Scepter Source: Triumvirate Helm: Tal Rasha (Sages) - Amethyst or Topaz Amulet: Tal Rasha Pants: Tal Rasha Gloves: Tal Rasha (Sages) Belt: Tal Rasha (Shame) Chest: Tal Rasha Ring1: Focus Ring2: Restraint Boots: Nilfur (Sages) Shoulders: Aughilds or Corruption for rifts / Homing Pads for bounties Bracers: Aughilds or Nemesis CUBE Aether Walker Shame of Delsere (Nemesis) RoRG (COE) ___________________________________________________________________ IV. PLAY & EXPLANATIONS ___________________________________________________________________ Start by ramping your Tal stacks to 4 (activate Frozen Mist, Short Fuse, Teleport, Blades). Because of the Tal Rasha change in 2.4, you can maintain those 4 stacks with just two different skills. However, you must first reach the 4 stack max. Teleport around alternating Calamity with Spectral Blades. This effortlessly maintains Tals, Trium, and FnR. There should be minimal AP problems with Shame giving you 12 AP per teleport. If AP becomes very low you may need to blade a few extra times. I recommend using both Force Move and Force Standstill to assist with mobility while alternating Spectral Blades and Teleport. When elites (or a bunch of whites you feel like taking out), 1) hold down Spectral Blades and spam Arcane Orbit, 2) activate Frozen Mist and Explosive Blast. This does many things: 1) It drops instant dps, 2) it maxes the EE debuff, and 3) it maxes the Tals defensive buff, and 4) it calls down Ice and Fire meteors, just in case things don't die in 0.01 seconds. Frozen Mist and Explosive Blast do not use attack turns, so they don’t interfere with blades/orbit. Short Fuse is the superior EB rune here because we won’t be waiting for delayed dmg/debuff. Use Calamity as needed to avoid threats and stun. There is also some room to play around with the 4th passive. I like Galvanizing Ward here, but additional dps (UW probably) or another form of defense would work just fine. Cheers and have fun! Please chime in if you have suggestions or questions! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Substantive edits: 1/28 - Updated shoulders to Corruption/Homing Pads depending on rift/bounty. 2/5 - Added Version 2 for max speed, for advanced skilled/geared players. 8/3 - Updated builds for T13 in patch 2.4.2. Major shift to defense.Vox133 12h
21h Lost left arm - any way to return to wizard? I've been offline since a severe car accident in March. My left hand is all but useless - hoping it may improve with time, but who knows... Recognizing I won't be much help in groups, but I'm desperate to kill some time and miss D3. Are there any viable builds that can be run from the mouse? Probably not, but figured this group might know.Greer8 21h
1d Any decent ranged solo builds? Are there any ranged solo builds that have proven to be useful in the current game (2.4.2)? I enjoy my Wand of Woh and trying out this TalOrbit build of Vox's, but I'm just curious and looking to try something a little different. I remember enjoying a playstyle where I could teleport around spreading apocalyptic blizzards of raining fire combined with molten impacting meteors while donning FB6 and watching things burn to death. Is that still feasible for T13 Rifts and low-medium (50-60) GR? Is it just incredibly slow compared to the other 2 aforementioned builds? Are there any other ranged builds that are somewhat competitive in the farming phases (T13 Rifts and GR50-60)? That's really where I'm spending the majority of my time while I'm leveling gems and farming gear. I'm looking for anything to spice up the monotony without completely annihilating all sense of efficiency. Any great Disintegrate builds floating around? Just looking for some inspiration for my next project.Cryme4 1d
1d Wizard skill - Blizzard needs some love I am really hoping this skill gets looked at or it gets some meaningful items to enhance Blizzard or a thoughtful over hall with the skill. As it stands it really doesn't have a purpose and that's a shame because its such a cool skill. I would love to use Blizzard on my Cold LoN Wiz causing massive ive storms to rain down but the damage is horrific and its not even worth using as a crowd control spell because I already have 3 different ways of freezing (Cold meteor, frost gloves, and halo ring) The other cold spells leave much to be desired as well, because there aren't many skills at all to choose from to deal damage with a cold spec. You are pretty much left with Meteor or Twister channeling. I know I could use blizzard in my build and probably just struggle through T10-13 but Comet does far more damage and it only has the one item to support that (meaning if blizzard got a meaningful item it too could do well!) Anyways here is my cold spec if anyone cares to look. I think I got up to a GR65 with it http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ham-1685/hero/75125729Ham8 1d
1d [Suggestion] Set-Items & Legendaries ... Head, Torso, Legs, Feet, Shoulders, Hands, Off-Hand (2) Set: Enemies hit by your lightning skills are afflicted by „Electrified“, becoming Slowed and taking 2200% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds. If an enemy dies while under „Electrified“, it explodes and deals 3300% weapon damage as Lightning to all nearby enemies. (4) Set: After applying „Electrified“ to an enemy, you take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds. Furthermore, „Storm Armor“ gains the effect of all runes. (6) Set: After casting „Black Hole“, gain 2250% increased damage for 15 seconds to all your ranged skills. . . . ... Electrified Amulet: „Electrified“ enemies periodically release a lightning explosion. The target and enemies within the area of the explosion suffer 550% weapon damage as Lightning. Black Bracers: Decrease the cooldown of „Black Hole“ by 25%. Increase the damage of „Black Hole“ by 300%. When your „Black Hole“ hits 3 or fewer enemies, the damage is increased by 350–400%. Source Of The Magic Flux: „Arcane Torrent (Static Discharge)“ gain the effect of the runes „Flame Ward“ and „Cascade“. Ring Of The Torrent: „Arcane Torrent“ shoots additional projectiles that automatically track random enemies. Ring Of The Charged Atmosphere: After your Storm Armor electrocuted an enemy, your damage is increased by 50% and your attack speed is increased by 5% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times. Ring Of The Thunder Crash: Every 6 seconds you call down 3 Thunder-Crash-Meteors in a rapid successionon on random enemies. The Meteors will cause elemental damage, based on your highest +X% elemental damage you have equipped. Amulet Of The Meteor Swarm: Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will trigger a „Meteor-Shower“ of the same damage type. There is a 8 second cooldown for each damage type. Ring Of The Raging Storm: Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will trigger a „Blizzard“ of the same damage type that now deals 2200% weapon damaage over 10 seconds in a 33 Yard radius. Multiple casts in the same area from the same caster do only stack for different elements (damage types). There is an 8 second cooldown for each damage type. Source Of The Raging Storm: Blizzard now has a 6 second Cooldown All „Blizzard-Runes“ now deals 2200% weapon damaage over 10 seconds in a 33 Yard radius. When you cast any Blizzard you in addition cast Lightning Storm, Frozen Solid and Apocalypse.Azathoth0 1d
1d Etched Sigil should proc set bonuses I know Etched sigil does not but it should. It should proc: Delseres 2 piece Delseres 6 piece Firebirds 4 piece Firebirds 6 piece Tal Rashas 4 piece Tal Rasha's 6 pieceI am aware It's been done this way for balance reasons. But currently the etched sigil is a cool item that is junk cause there's no good builds that use it. Either add more legendaries that make it useful, redesign etched sigil to be better or allow etched sigil to proc set bonuses.the8thark6 1d
2d Wizard Class overhaul - feedback appreciated. Hello everybody, Ive been doing a fair amount of thinking about the state of our class lately, and decided to make this thread to catalog some proposed changes, get your feedback about them, and eventually post them to the next PTR. The goal of these changes is not another round of powercreep. Merely mechanical overhauls and slight number tweaking that will open up new build possibilities. The changes are limited in scope with the goal of getting some actual change done. So there will be no buffs to Shock Pulse listed. I will try to break things down by skill, and sometimes by item/sets. Hopefully it is coherent, and will put my reasoning after the listed change Arcane Orb: Now detonates where you cast - arcane variants unchanged Scorch: Balancing of damage between explosion and wall of fire - 50/50 [bFrozen Orb][/b]: slight buff to 450% WD. Reasoning: Two of the least used runes are now viable and possibly fun to play. Were underwhelming due to limited synergy with Unstable Scepter. Channeling: Possibly very difficult to balance with the addition of Etched Sigil, Deathwish: Buffed to 50% and channel skills start at max damage Unwavering Will: From 1.5 seconds to "while channeling" Reasoning: Channeling isnt mechanically inferior like Scorch and FO are, but the current nature of D3 does not favor such skills. These two changes will add badly needed damage and mitigation. Meteors: Currently both meteor specific weapons are two handed. With the current state of the Cube and wizards in general, two handed weapons are DOA. Blackhand Key: New meteor wand with one of several new affixes 1) Meteor gains a rune: Either Thundercrash, or Meteor shower. 2) Meteor costs 50% less resource, and lesser enemies are lured to landing point 3) All resource costs reduced by 40%, and meteor casts twice as fast - all three would also roll with 75-100% meteor damage. Ranged Gameplay Aether Walker: Teleport gains the Safe passage Rune. AP cost of 20 Reasoning: Currently every single wizard set and build can run Safe Passage except for Tal Rasha, which also happens to have the weakest built in DR. Temporal Flux: Enemies hit by Arcane Power Spenders are slowed by 80% for 2 seconds Reasoning: Allows ranged crowd control and automatic triggering of Bane of the Trapped. Helps with mitigation and DPS. Turns a useless passive into a viable one. Halo of Karini: Now lasts 5 seconds Storm Armor: Needs to be redesigned. Ideas appreciated Tentative: Base Storm Armor grants 10% DR Rune 1: Reduce AP costs by 4 Rune 2: Increase move speed by 20% while active (can go over cap) Rune 3: Enemies shocked by storm armor are stunned for 1.5 seconds Archon I am of the opinion that Vyr is the archon set, and that the current FB archon is toxic. Fazula's chain: Now moved to Vyr 6pc. Vyr 6pc moved to Fazula's. Vyr 6pc also gains 250% damage bonus while in archon. Firebird: Ideas requested 1) revert 4pc, change 6pc to "while an enemy is burning" gain 2500% to fire damage and burning enemies deal 60% less damage. Explosive Blast: Procs from Wand of Woh now deal Area Damage. Magic Missile: Mirrorball: MM now pierces and deals 300% more damage. Gesture of Orpheus: Slow time now deals 3000% WD per second. Element decided by highest % modifier, and is buffed only by DMO 6pc. Jang's Envelopement: Each enemy hit by Black Hole reduces the cooldown of Black Hole by 1 second. Enemies are slowed by 80% for 4 seconds after they land.Gbrav1325 2d
2d Wizard Toughness per Torment Level What is recommended toughness per torment levelArcane0 2d
2d Suggestion for "LoN Electrocute Wizard" Hi! I currently use the build "LoN Electrocute Wizard" (you can see on my profile), and I succeeded (with difficulty) to make solo rift/GR T10. The main problem is on elites and bosses who are without mobs around (like GR guardians), where the damage is ridiculously low. I would suggest to transform the skill and rune "Hydra - Hydra Lightning", to make hydras become pylon for the skill "Electrocute". I try to be clearer; so that when using "Electrocute" on a Hydra, the skill functions as if it was used on a mob. And another small suggestion; a small boost in damage does not hurt to build, which is so satisfying to play (only at low level for the moment). Sorry for my bad English!Enslaught4 2d
2d Firework wiz If you tired of firebird Archon, check my so-called firework wiz, http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Th3Dimension-1151/hero/4368330. She passed 77 in one run. Easily can push to 80+.Th3Dimension5 2d
2d Please fix Scorch Please fix this skill. Currently it passes through mobs and walls and does not explode until it gets to max range.WitchesStone4 2d
2d who are these people? Do theystart playing Diablo recently? I don't recognize a lot of names here and I'm wondering if they started posting recently even though they have been playing for a long time.yodatoy18 2d
3d what is the definition of a primary skill? title.Nintura13 3d
3d WARNING: "Ice goddess" is a SCAM Don't buy it! It's worse than obamacare! If you do this build, you'll have trouble getting past toment 12! Blizz is just LYING and promoting USELESS builds to create an ILLUSION of build diversity.Enigma26 3d
3d Firebird vs Tal Rasha? patch 2.4 disintegrate hello, this is a noob question this question is for a disintegrate build (fresh 70 wiz and 200Plvls) i got a tal rasha set from the seasonal mixed up with some legendaries head: Crit Chance 4.5%, 700 Int, 13% disintegrate Damage, 1 socket gloves: 723 Int, 666 vit, Crit Chance 10%, reduce res cost 6% chest: 481 int, 464 vit, 568 armor, as 6% AS, 3 sockets belt: 553 int, 564 vit, 110 resist all, 568 armor pants: 453int 458vit 589 armor nilfur boast: 440 int, 458vit, 98 resistall, 13%disinteg dmg slorak madness: 1k-1.5k fire dmg, 627 int, 17,412 LoH, 30%disinteg dmg cosmic strand: 452-476dmg, 890int, reduce res cost 6%, 13% disinteg dmg restraint ring: 464 int, 498armor, bane of stricken gem lvl 29 justice lantern: 448int, 476vit, reduce res cost 6%, bane of powerful lvl 31 mantle of channeling: 443 int, 460vit, 94 resist all, reduce res cost 5% hellfire amulet: 94-174dmg, fireskill dmg 19%, 904 int, glass cannon passive taeguk gem kanai : aether walker/eteched sigil, magefist, RoRG. it can handle T8 on rifts no deaths (due to teleport no cd = easy escape when swarmed) but i die on T9 lol GR 37 (GR20-30 have 9minutes remaining) skills: teleport/calamity , mammoth hydra, M.Weap/Conduit, Storm armor/prismatic, Familiar/arcanot, disintegrate/convergence passive: unstable anomaly, galvanizing ward, audacity, unwavering will should i stick to tal rasha or hunt for firebird? i really want disintegrate :) thanks for those who answerSilver2 3d
3d Tal-Rasha Set Mechanics (updatedfor 2.3) Bonuses: ... ... Each time you cast a spell with a new element, you gain one stack of the buff and its duration is set back to 6 seconds. The spell does NOT have to hit a target to grant a stack of the buff. Once you reach 4 stacks, you've run out of new elements to cast and the buff expires after its 6 second duration. You must then start over again. Each element's buff stacks additively with the other ones, but are multiplicative with everything else. Each one increases the overall damage you deal by an additional 150%. With 4 stacks that is a 1 + 1.50 *4 = 7x damage multiplier. It is a buff that shows on your buff bar, does not display in your sheet. ... Generally anything that takes a button press to engage each time you want it to do something. See below for a list of such skills/abilities that do not count. ... Any and all item procs Frost Nova (except frozen mist) Teleport (except calamity) Diamond skin (except diamond shards) All armor spells Magic Weapon (even its proc effects) Tal Meteors (or any item or skill procs) Mirror Images or their casted spells Familiar  Anyone else have input? This is what I've seen so far, pretty confident in most of it. I haven't extensively tested the buff to see if there is any known category it stacks with additively.BDF203 3d
3d Chose my CoE and Plume Help my Chose the BiS Thanks!! Link for my CoE's http://imgur.com/qniZzsM Link to my Plume http://imgur.com/24Ns7ul My current stat not wearing the CoE http://imgur.com/MFovP19Degy2 3d
4d What's the best set for a cold build! All done with the season & want to do a cold Wizz build for the fun of it & want to know what set I need to look out for, Thank you!TheGaige0 4d
4d Fresh 70, best way to farm? I just hit 70 a couple days ago. I just came back from a really long hiatus and I'm not really sure what the best way is for me to hear up. I can run T1 with only a few deaths but it takes a while...should I continue doing that? Or should I run bounties on Normal until I'm geared enough to crush T1? I don't know a whole lot about the loot mechanics and whether fast Normal runs are more effective than slower runs on higher difficulties, so I'd really appreciate some advice. Thanks guys.ATLHays6 4d
5d Tal Rasha set - damage not going up? Hi. Is it just my imagination, or does the damage from Tal rasha 6 set doesn't increase? I have a six set on my wizard, and even thought i have a 4 stack or even more, my damage in information window stays the same, even though my toughness and recovery increase is showing. Is this a bug, or does the increase simply doesn't show?Svenko1 5d
5d "The Unofficial Blizzard Sale", Cold Wizard Gotcha! Blizzards are on sale with this new Cold Wizard build which allows you to cast Blizzard for FREE!!! ALSO - Discussing Rimeheart, Mirror Image, and Cold Wizard options http://www.diablofans.com/builds/83484-the-unofficial-blizzard-sale http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CptKrnch-2154/hero/80039409 Blizzard - Blizzard - Blizzard - Beetlejuice? Now for real. A little bit of a hate-on going for Rimeheart's meesly 10% chance of skill hit chance to proc on Frozen targets to do 10,000% weapon damage. The bonus sounds nice lookin at it, but in action it's a very inactive chance without some way to literally pour hits into your targets in a constant stream. My suggestion is to bump that chance to 20%, the result would be in line with a constant 2000% damage bonus which fits a lot closer with other set and item damage bonuses, such as Delsere's Magnum Opus and Tal Rasha's 6pc bonuses. Also, Mirror Image. I know the devs probably hate hearing this, but the A.I. for the Mirror Images is really annoying. They only have a 3 second to 10 second lifespan and usually the first 3 seconds of that are spent running around, so nearly all or a 1/3 of their time up is used doing nothing but pacing, running behind corners and whispering, and making it look like they're actually working (sound familiar?). I'd like a see perhaps a 5 second to 15-20 second lifespan for Mirror Images OR change their priorities so that if there is a target it range the first thing they do is attack, and a higher rate of attack. Then you'd actually see the skill in use more. Also also, what's the deaaaal (sans seinfeld) with the total lack of Cold skill options for Wizard. There's Blizzard, Ray of Frost, and Ice Armor, and yeah those are okay, but there are far more Lightning and Fire options for the Wizard class that are higher damage and more functional as skills AND have more set-item options such as Firebird and meteor for Tal Rasha's. The Magistrate, Frostburn, and Rimeheart are also like the only Cold specific items available to a Wizard too. Having a Cold option where this is already Lightning and Fire runes, such as Magic Weapon would help players be able to create more diverse builds. And on that topic, how about a Fire rune for Energy Armor? :D Now Discuss!CptKrnch10 5d
5d Unstable Anomaly + Firebird 2.4.2 My wife has the set bonus for firebird and also uses unstable anomaly, but I wanted to find out if this is exactly a double safety net? I've searched and everyone says that UA activates first since your character doesn't actually die and it saves you from a death dealing blow, and then the set bonus activates if you die. Before having the set UA would show a cooldown when it has been activated, but now having the set there is no icon for UA cooldown and it only shows the set bonus cooldown. Does it no longer show the cooldown for UA or will UA activate after the set bonus now? I can't test this since it's a hardcore character, but I want to know if it's a double safety net or now it just nullifies UA and I should just get a new passive since she uses Tal/firebird. Thanks.FattyMcGassy3 5d
6d Question about The Swami Hello there, just wondering why is The Swami a popular choice even for Firebird Archon playstyle? From my understanding this build deals very little damage outside of archon form and The Swami only serves as a damage boost (I believe 'bonus from archon stacks' only refers to the 6% damage amplifier). I understand it would be good for Vyr set since Vyr's 4-set bonus works well with Swami to provide toughness boost when outside of archon form, but why are Firebird archon players using it?YakumoYukari1 6d
Sep 21 Show me your Starfires I want to see GGWPOMGBQQWTF ancient rolled starfire wands. Consider it a fetish of mine. Your best Blackhand keys and slorak madnesses will also do.wage25 Sep 21
Sep 21 2 Players GR Question Hi wizard friends, i have special question - how the hell are players going so high in 2 players GR? Well, i understand - equip, level gems, augment items etc. OK. All this i have. I made GR 90 solo, but with my friend Monk, which seems to be good group for high 2 players GR, we stuck at 85-88 GR with my solo GR build. When i try to copy builds of other wizards from leaderboard 2 players, i die instantly, when i see any single enemy. So - how the hell they are surviving? Without Halo of Arlyse + ice armor (they have Obsidian ring of Zodiac and Energy armor) i die too many times, to finish gr in time even in GR 85. How they can be able to survive in GR 100??? Thanks for any help...Evilbringer2 Sep 21
Sep 21 Build to do T13 in less than 4 minutes? Hello Fellow Wizards: I need to do this last achievement for my season journey. Having a hard time finding a group to do it, is there a recommended solo build to do this?edmund6 Sep 21
Sep 19 Trouble with T10 I can blast through T8 fairly quickly, Can someone please look at my profile and tell me what I need to work on or change? Right now I plan on replacing my gear with all ancients and leveling up my legendary gems, I just thought I might be missing a key change or piece of armor I need to hunt for. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tweeder-1483/hero/79637235Tweeder4 Sep 19
Sep 19 Fastest speed build- Tal6/Vyr4 or just Tal6? Just wondering what is the fastest speed farming build people are using (for stuff like TXIII bounties, regular rifts, vaults, low GR gem leveling)? Is it one of these (first is Tal6 second is Tal6/Vyr4) - http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82163-2-4-2-txiii-infinite-blast-redux-3-min-run http://www.diablofans.com/builds/82408-s7-torment-xi-xiii-vyrrasha-archon Thanks!Negative5 Sep 19
Sep 17 Wiz forumers - what do you miss the most? Me personally: 1. yodatoy's threads 2. Melkor's rap 3. BDF's sarcastic tone 4. Boozefficient guides Ehh....RoGeR46 Sep 17
Sep 17 T13 Rift Competition Hi masters of arcane (eeehm, fire mostly :P) magic, would you kindly consider to compete in T13 rift clear competition? This time is a bit different and we've got a prize up for grabs too! all the info is here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20747616789highq1 Sep 17
Sep 17 Is this what it has come to? What happened to the ranged Wizard Builds? Wizard has been my MAIN since D3V. The last few seasons have gone to crap as far as ranged viability is concerned. Arcon= I don't like it. It's too robotic. Kill everything in Arcon! Run like a B*&^H during cool down.......no thank you. Explosive Blast = I have no real skill, I will just spam this spell and run like hell until everything is dead.......might as well play WW Barb..... We have more than a half a dozen or so weapons that buff lightning in one way or the other. Yet......they stink. For the ranged Wizard class, all we have is LoN. Just play it for fun folks, and don't get any high expectations. Because there's really only one build for LoN, and if you're good, you might be able to clear T13 rifts.... I've been playing DH to get my ranged fix....It's good and all. But, it's not the same..... I miss my Wiz...... .....end rant......MrSynyster1 Sep 17
Sep 17 Dose Anyone still play meteor shield build? I'd love to see anyone else's metor builds? I'm working on a (probably dated) ASI meteor shower build and a CDR molten build. [Meteor shower ASI + RRC build ]   Gogok of Swiftness - leg gem -50.0% chance on hit to gain Swiftness, increasing your Attack Speed by 1% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 15 times. -Gain 1% Cooldown Reduction per stack of Swiftness.   Bane of the stricken - leg gem -Each attack you make against an enemy increases the damage it takes from your attacks by 0.80%. -Gain 25% increased damage against bosses and Rift Guardians   Grand Vizier - two hand staff -Increases Meteor Damage by 25–30% (Wizard Only) -Reduces the Arcane Power cost of Meteor by 40–50%.   Cinder Coat - armor -Fire skills deal 5–10% more damage. -Reduces the resource cost of Fire skills by 23–30%.   Lacuni Prowlers - Bracers -Attack Speed Increased by 6.0%   Broken-promises - ring  -After 5 consecutive non-critical hits, your chance to critically hit is increased to 100% for 3 seconds.   Nilfur's Boast - boots -Increases the damage of Meteor by 100% -Increases the damage of Meteor by 150-200% when it hits 3 or less enemies Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare - source Now rolls +20-25% Meteor damage as a fifth primary affix   Fleeting Strap - belt -Attack Speed Increased by 7.0% [Meteor Molten Damage + CDR build]   Gogok of Swiftness - leg gem -50.0% chance on hit to gain Swiftness, increasing your Attack Speed by 1% for 4 seconds. This effect stacks up to 15 times. -Gain 1% Cooldown Reduction per stack of Swiftness.   Smoldering core -Lesser enemies are now lured to your Meteor impact areas.   Cinder Coat -Fire skills deal 5–10% more damage. -Reduces the resource cost of Fire skills by 23–30%.   Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare - source Now rolls +20-25% Meteor damage as a fifth primary affix   Obsidian ring of the Zodiac - ring -Attack Speed Increased by 4.0–5.0% -Critical Hit Chance Increased by 4.5–6.0% -Reduces cooldown of all skills by 4.0–7.0%. -Reduces all resource costs by 5–7%. -Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 seconds when you hit with a resource-spending attack.   Nilfur's Boast - boots -Increases the damage of Meteor by 100% -Increases the damage of Meteor by 150-200% when it hits 3 or less enemiesWorldoflies3 Sep 17
Sep 16 We'll be punished for being top (again) I'm expecting the usual dev lols next ptr patch. 10-15 GR levels ahead of any other ability, Archon will be unmade into dust, and in compensation, expect a sword that will increase cold damage to frozen enemies by 10-15%, like Rimeheart, but a little bit better. Got any PTR 2.4.2.0.0.0.0.2 predictions?wage4 Sep 16
Sep 16 CDR sweetspot for CoE Firebird Archon? Like the title says i was just wondering if there was a recommended amout of CDR to get the Archons cooldown to sync up with the CoE fire cycle. I was running about 62% plus goguk and found myself waiting around to activate Archon as it was consistently off cooldown during the lightning or arcane phase. I figured i would drop some CDR for other affixes since i wasnt activating right away anyways. Im down to around 58% now, but that not right either... Anyone know the best amount of CDR for this build, my Firebirdy is Ava A if you care to check her out, thanks!!!k1llface2 Sep 16
Sep 16 magic weapon duration Greetings fellow wizards - a question please I'm guessing this is a known bug/feature but I have noticed that magic weapon ignite consistently last far less time that ice armour crystalize. Am I misunderstanding something about magic weapon or should it in fact last the same length of time as ice armour? Speculation on my part but I'm wondering if attack speed or something is shortening the duration of magic weapon somehow as the difference seems to more noticeable in GRs with speed pylonsRazaelle4 Sep 16
Sep 15 Archon not doing fire dmg with Firebirds I have 37% fire dmg, 0% arcane, and yet Archon is still doing arcane dmg. It worked fine when I had 2x Vyr's and Ring of Grandeur, but when I changed to Compass Rose + Traveler's Pledge and 6 set Firebird, it stopped working. If anyone cares to give me a clue to what's wrong?Milka22 Sep 15
Sep 15 I have two questions about meteors. If i stack attack speed will it work with a constant stream of meteor shower? Or is the meteor shower proc rate still too bad for it? or dose that not matter anymore? Do you have to have certain skills on to get certain items, like meteor skills for meteor items like grand vizor?Worldoflies1 Sep 15
Sep 14 More Theorycrafting Fun - Entropy I'd like to start by saying I love Etched Sigil. I wish every build could have it but I accept that the Wizard Source market has some really tough competition. That aside though... http://www.d3planner.com/531308871 I saw that Icy Veins was talking about a Spectral Blade build using Tal'Rashas Elements. that's pretty interesting and probably better than what I'm pitching here though. What I'l thinking though is that maybe the freight train of a skill that is Disintegrate - Entropy could have even better crowd control. So what do you folks think? could the wider area of effect from Entropy outweigh the drop in damage? Will Taeguk be equally as useful defensively as Simplicity's Strength? Am I so bad at math that I should stop trying?caracc1 Sep 14
Sep 14 AT-Mines, Dynamo, and Mantle of Channeling This may have been asked before but... When using Arcane Torrent-Mines with Mantle of Channeling: 1 - do the mines retain the damage buff from the shoulders if one stops casting once 6 mines are spawned? 2 - does the Wizard retain the damage reduction from the shoulders while the mines are spawned if channeling is stopped? With a full Dynamo stack do all 6 mines inherit the damage buff?BossDogg1 Sep 14
Sep 14 Bring back APoC and Critical Mass http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20745615209Gbrav1312 Sep 14
Sep 14 Wizard Explosive blast! Hello! I kind of want to know if Explosive Blast stacks with Bane Of The Stricken. And if it does, do it stack more or the same with chainreaction? Thanks for the help. -DominicDominic1 Sep 14
Sep 13 what happened to wiz boards? we are dead nowadays. it's sad. rip wheres booz, jaetch, melkor, pens, etcOGlameboi29 Sep 13
Sep 13 make me a new wizard set dev team!!!!! Make me a wizard set that increases my damage the lower my base health pool is. I want to make glass cannon nuclear powered DPS wizard that can die from a goblin fart. Make it just for me so i can make my ultimate low vit build. Me love you long time. #1 wiz in blizzard cafeteria YORIYORI4 Sep 13
Sep 12 EB tal rasha's build help I just started playing again after some time off and I was using the tal rasha + aether walker build. With that build I could do about rift 10. I'm now trying the EB tal rasha's build that's suppose to "speed" through rift 13 but I cant seem to make it work. I can't kill any elites and I get killed from the get go. http://www.diablofans.com/builds/81540-tal-rashas-eb-no-firebird-for-t13 The only other workable build I use currently is the firebird + chantodo or firebird + vyr's 2 piece, but both depend on igniting elites and doing speed bounties with them is a hassle. Am I doing something wrong? or do I not have enough paragon levels or not the right equipment.Alpaca3 Sep 12