Wizard

Mar 22, 2013 ehp/mitigation for storm armor? The title wouldn't let me out the full question in... What I meant to say was this, How much ehp/mitigation do I need to drop prismatic for storm armor in ubers? I consider that a pretty significant mile stone and I was just wondering who knows the whereabouts of the comfortable number to hit...ChaoticF12 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 CM Wizzy I am Stuck! I am sitting at 2.99 APS 50CC and 120K or so DPS Please look at her and help me out on what else I should or need to do. around 1K LOH (Which I need). http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ZanX-1924/hero/30842792ZanX4 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Best place for me to drop IAS I just changed to a mempo set up because I wanted to be a bit more tanky, what it means is that I now have 8% IAS to drop off another slot and pick up some other stats instead, probably more offence but without losing defence. So where is this best place to do this? My current weak spots are ring, lacunis, and probably gloves. Options are I could get a crit zuni pox, a crit damage unity, a high damage pair of gloves, or nice rare bracer (would need 1 more IAS for this). I could also look at swapping the tals for a zuni but I don't feel like I have too much to gain from that other than all res and vit, plus it means I need 1 IAS elsewhere, and i will probably be getting some AR on the tals soon. Any recommendations?Tobes0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Why wiz are so weak?? :( Hi, I really like to play my wiz but eally the only builds that works on high MP is CM build or achon which is boring.. i really miss wiz in D2 which was powerful... in D3 i can use most skils i want it is like so dar, i see blizz, disinegrate or arcan orb not helpful and i wish i can use so many diffrent skills but i just cant if ui wanna survive. I'm not sure what can be done at this point but I hope things will change. myabe I'm the only one who thinks like that :) sry for my spelling btw Regurds, EhudZoro2 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Archon: Disintegration AS Breakpoints? I saw a thread awhile back that claimed that the regular spell disintegrate had breakpoints for number of ticks/sec depending on ones attack speed. ... My question is this. Archon: Disintegrate Laser DPS is supposedly based straight off character sheet DPS. I am wondering if you hit the next attack speed breakpoint, if your DPS will go up. Right now, I am just under the 2.22 attack speed breakpoint. Assuming the above table is correct with regards to number of ticks, will I get 7.5 ticks of a fraction of my sheet DPS instead of 6.66 ticks of the same fraction of my sheet DPS if I increase my attack speed to above 2.22? I'm not good with the testing stuff. But if someone could help me out, that would be great. Calling all math wizzies!!James1v1258 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 New CM variant DPS testing question Hey guys, (sorry for length) I've been a SB based CM wizard since the early days. Looking for a change-up, since I'm finding myself limited by ping many times I play. I have brothers across the country I play with often, and even solo my ping averages 150ms-250ms. This limits my multiplier quite alot from what I can tell. I have been playing around with some new builds, specifically a death blossom/CM variant build. My main question is when do you start the timer for dps calculation, on first tornado laid down, or after the windup period (assuming the first 2-3 tornadoes do negligable damage)? I’m currently doing all dps testing the second the 1st tornado is laid down. I assume 1-2sec error, but even with that I'm getting poor results. I currently have a so-so geared CM, with low armor/resists. Used mostly for MP3 quick runs. So I'm only able to fight a MP3 Ghom with the various builds. With my ping at the time (150ms) I seem to be able to only get about a 5x multiplier (usualy only 4.5x) using the standard SNS build (no SB, tornado mouse button held) with stretch time (aps at 2.72+ with stretch time with the wand I was using, 18 APoc, 40CC). I've seen almost double this reported at lower pings, which is why I wonder about the start time of dps testing. Either that or I just can't press the buttons fast enough (however, I have been running close to this build forever and am pretty used to it), or ping is really that big an issue. When doing the same test on my death blossom variant (replace EB with death blossom, and shards for prism) I get 5x to sometimes slightly over a 6x multiplier by just channeling DB (+SA procs) and throwing down the occasional tornado(2-3 out at a time), with freeze and diamond skin when possible . From testing DB alone, without storm armor, I have found it averages about a 4-4.5x multiplier, meaning appox 2/3 of the missiles will seek out a single target over the course of the fight. I feel that something must be off however, since my multiplier for SNS is so low. Any idea what I could be doing wrong, or is ping killing me that much? I didn't do any gear changes between build testing, so at its disadvantage the SNS testing was using a -5 to arcane torrent soj. I am also curious to optimize the death blossom build as well, and test it accurately how everyone else does the CM dps multiplier tests. My experience indicates with a -5 arcane torrent ring/hat I only need one APoC source to maintain power, which could leave room for increased dps/armor/AR. An optimized build could lead to another viable high multiplier build that isn't as ping dependent, since channeling DB as the main attack with SA procs isn’t stopped by high ping. However, loh, and thus survivability is decreased since nados are replaced with blossom channeling. Although, one could always sacrifice any amount of blossom channeling for nado spamming, if occasional crappy situations arise and get the same old CM survivability with decreased dps. Sorry for the lack of evidence as of yet, but I wanted to get the exact dps testing template/instructions before I made any videos or any concrete numbers for proof. If anyone else, especially the great multiplier testers we have around here, wants to test this I’d appreciate it as well.NamesLucky0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Looking for help with a fresh Wizard https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004046046 This is the guide I've been using for my spec and I fell that its pretty strong. I've been solo playing on Mp3 with this spec and I've been digging it, but I'm wondering if there is an even better spec out there. I know I need some better gear for my spec but this is pretty much the best I can get for a couple of days. So if anyone could refer me to a gear list or another guide it would be much appreciated. (Also I don't really know spell lingo on here, so if you could spelll some stuff out for me that would be sweet!)Dasgoose924 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Upgrade path? (archon) I could use a little bit of help with my upgrade path going forward. I can currently farm up to mp8 although 7 is much more efficient. Would ideally like to be doing mp8 as smooth as mp7. Any help in getting me there would be appreciated :)Tixe342 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Would anyone be offended if I started a Rate The Wiz Above You thread?Tmayorga4 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 WTS Nice DPS Ring, and Tal Neck Hello cousin Wizards! A visiting Witch Doctor vendor here. I posted these items on our forum, but got advice to post over here as well. Please message me or reply with offers, or advice on pricing. Thanks for looking! I've got a pretty nice ring here. There doesn't seem to be too much like it on the AH for comparison (from 0-10 items at most, over the last ~2 weeks). Ring - Loyalty Immunity +21-49 Damage +78 Intelligence +49 Vitality +71 All Resistance +7% Attack Speed +24% Critical Damage (+ 43 Lightning Resistance) I also have a solid Tal Rasha that I'm looking to sell. Neck - Tal Rasha's Allegience +30 Minimum Damage +5% Damage as Holy +278 Intelligence +43 Vitality +239 Life on Hit +65% Critical Damage Thanks for looking, and your help!Rookfire1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Advice for what to do next on gear upgrade Hi all, could the experts have a look at my profile and tell me what my next best move would be to improve gear. keeping in mind I just started playing and am still poor. thxMudder463 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 What should I do now I'm comfortable with my build for the most part and I can spam meteor liquefy over and over like it was before the apoc nerf. The only thing I see myself doing is making better bracers with armor mod added for more mit. Maybe crafting a better amulet and upgrading my witching.StriferZer03 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Wizard Help! Hello everyone, Im looking to make my wizard better, I want to hear some good advice on how I can make my Wizard better. I know i need a better helmet that one i got is crappy what kind of helm should i go for? and what stats? also what pieces of gears i should upgrade beside gems i will be getting radians stars thanks guys.RalG3 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Wiz PVP: Surviving the 1-shot vs monk and dh Relative to other wizards, I am not squishy, but I still get 1-shotted by 250 k dps monks and 400 k (buffed) dps dhs. They have no problem tearing through 73 k hp with 750 AR and 3700 armor. However, I found a different approach to ehp then mitigation while still keeping single hit damage high. Single hit damage is more important then dps because it is rare for a wiz to stand still and continuous attack without dying. Thus, doing 1 hard hitting attack and running away is the crux of a successful pvp strategy. Since most skills are based off of weapon damage, you can still kill other classes if you have low intel and low character sheet dps if you use a skorn. This frees the rest of your gear's slots for ehp. So I am suggesting to stack dex to avoid the one shot and just creatively worm hole away until an opportunity arises to finish with WoF. I have a BT's pants and a 3 set nat's, this raises my dex to over 750, which provides me with 25 % dodge. Thus, only 3/4 attacks actually hit me which increases my survival. I take no serious reductions to damage because my fluff damage is raise due to a 50% crit chance and 530% cd. However, my damage sheet is low at 150 k dps. Any thoughts? Please discussWeasel7651 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 A few questions about gearing priority I’ve been spending about 300k to 1 million per piece of gear. Yes, that’s a tiny budget, but I am finally getting ready to expand and am uncertain what I should be focusing on. I’ve been shifting my gear around as I’ve started trying for my first hellfire ring for the extra xp for farming paragon levels. The jump from MP 0-1 to MP 3 has been pretty difficult (hence using vitality gems), but I want at least a moderate chance of getting the pieces for the ring. In my favor, I’ve had great luck with crafting some decent items and managed to get a 1550ish dps skorn (though without lifesteal). I rely heavily on archon to kill things and use my signature spell to try to get back to that archon state. 1. I have been using Lacuni’s to grant extra movement speed. Should I be looking at Tyrael’s might instead or even Inna’s pants? I could swap a Strongarm bracer (extra armor/vit/life percent looks really nice) in its place. Give up resists and look for a Tal Rasha bp for the attack speed? 2. I could easily pick up extra resist all from a witching hour or zuni’s trail? Should those be priory upgrades? 3. Should I be looking at Chantos’s primary and offhand? A butcher’s sickle and a triumvirate? Something like an echoing fury? Or just stick with skorn? 4. I’ve an Andy’s visage with a socket and a high int Stormcrow without one. Should I be using either of those over my Mempo? I really would like to keep the socket I think for the extra xp for farming paragon levels. 5. Something else entirely? I know I mostly need to just farm and hope for a really great item to buy what I need. Thank you in advance for any advice.Kilplow0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Value of my Wiz gear......... I may sell her as shown but not sure of the worth. A lot of the gear is all over the place price wise in the AH. Any ideas would be appreciated. ThanksWhiteVirus1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 rate the wizard above you, part 9000? Title says it all, please try not to skip ... and its ok to rate more than one person if need be Since I don't have anyone to rate, imma give the community a 10/10 for the support its given me and everyone that comes hereChaoticF7 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Archon Chest Anyone actually FIND these plans yet? I've found all other plans atleast twice each, but cannot seem to find any chest plans. Has anyone crafted these? Has anyone had success? Linky please :D!tcklemepanda5 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 CM/WW Wiz DPS Multiplier Independent of IAS? Because of the vibrant discussion in Ziss's thread about the viability of the 2.3aps breakpoint, I though it'd be cool to actually see what the DPS multiplier was at 2.3aps. I interestingly found on a MP7 Ghom Test that the multiplier was still pretty high (6.6x). Not only is this number high, but the value was pretty similar to some of my previous 2.74aps multiplier that I had tested. Thus, I decided to test the higher breakpoints. To my surprise, all of the breakpoints had about the same multiplier: 6.6x-6.7x. This is a bit curious since I couldn't replicate some previous work by other posters. If I remember correctly, the previous work suggested that the DPS multiplier increases with the lower IAS breakpoints. Has anyone else tried this recently? Either way, I thought it'd be pretty interesting to share. My Data So for each breakpoint test, I repeated the MP7 Ghom Test three times, and took the mean of the trial time. I tried to keep my crit chance pretty similar across trials (54.5-55.5%cc). And for all cases (including the 2.31aps breakpoint), I did not have any AP problems at full windup. I had 19APoC for all tests, which meant I was generating between 6.47-8.63 AP/s with Energy Twister. My latency was 120-150ms. Without any further ado, here's the test results: 2.31aps Breakpoint (2.35aps/54.5%cc/149kdps) - 50,446,580 Ghom Life/(148,850 DPS x mean([50s 51s 53s])) = 6.60x Multiplier 2.50aps Breakpoint (2.59aps/55.5%cc/120kdps) - 50,446,580 Ghom Life/(120,339 DPS x mean([62s 63s 63s])) = 6.69x Multiplier 2.73aps Breakpoint (2.74aps/55.5%cc/110kdps) - 50,446,580 Ghom Life/(110,107 DPS x mean([69s 69s 68s])) = 6.67x Multiplier 3.00aps Breakpoint (3.04aps/54.5%cc/106kdps) - 50,446,580 Ghom Life/(106,546 DPS x mean([70s 71s 71s])) = 6.70x MultiplierTekkZero76 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 STUCK!!!! So Boozor suggested it's time for a new ammy. Been checking the AH for like a week and cannot seem to find one that gives me the stats I would like or that gives enough dmg to justify the spending... I have a lot of wiggle room with HF's in the stash but the unity seems to give me the most flex room with not needing as much LOH for a new ammy. I know my vit is ok but I would like a little more for my own comfort sake. My armor could use a slight boost as well but not as important since i'm over 4k. What would you guys suggest in terms of an amulet? A tals gives me the life but not much more dmg than the one I have and i'd lose a little armor. Duncans? bifecta rare with LOH/STR/INT/VIT? I'm stuck and I really want this next upgrade to boost my dmg significantly while gaining some life in the process and not looking my mitigations. Thanks in advance!pensfan08039 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 4.5 k Hp and 3.2 k dps vs 69 resist all Would this be a fair trade off? I currently farm mp 9 act 3. Is upgrading to the marquis gem worth the 100 mil? If u have the time could u rate my wiz?Tmayorga16 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Can more LOH compensate for less mitigation? So as of late ive started to face a wall when it comes to DPS without sacrificing a lot of survivability In the thread I made yesterday Yoda suggested i switch to blackthornes with 160+int 150+ vit and two sockets, a move that would net me 15k+ damage at the cost of 4k life and ~400 armor, and is the most affordable and effective option I have (WH i can only gain 80-90 int max, will sacrifice armor, and will be super expensive -- weapon i only gain ~5k dmg with a 1150 1.5 and is a bil+) This is a very enticing option so I began thinking of ways that I could make up my survivability without cutting into the DPS gains from the pants, and the only real option I've come up with would be dropping my rare ring for a unity or another godly loh ring and squeezing 20-30 more vit out of my boots.. I would lose about 3-4% mitigation and be sitting at ~4100 armor, ~750 all res, and 45k hp, while conversely I would essentially be gaining ~35% faster health regen with ~1200 loh instead of 880.. I just wanted to check with you guys to see if anyone had tried running a heavier LOH set-up with less mitigation and get your opinion on how you felt it compared survivability wise before make a considerable investment in a unity ring. Thanks!GrizZ6 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Upgrade my SNS wiz!! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sudapaw-1491/hero/5769240 I know i need a crow with some CC, BT pants with AR, WH w/ AR Also can someone explain the whole difference between 2.51 and 2.7 breakpoints? so 2.51 is more dps and 2.7 more mitigation?Sudapaw11 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Gearing question for farming/exp runs Hello all, Had a question about what my next purchase should be. I'm currently running the blizzard exp run build, while also thinking of trying the sleet storm blizzard build for farming. I know I should stray away from IAS gear for now (was doing SNS but really enjoyed blizzard for the exp runs), but should my next big purchase be a LS skorn, or rings with AR, CD and CC, or maybe a Zuni ring and chest to get the AR bonus? I have an AR storm crow in my stash as well. I have 6mil right now, and I'm not fast on making gold, so I guess that's my fear of making a big plunge into some new stuff. Any advice would be great! Thanks all!malaska0 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Help with gear Right now I can handle mp4, but anything else is too much. Can anyone check out my gear and give me suggestions? Thanks for the help guys http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%^-*ers9000-1512/hero/30191510 It's b-o-n-g-e-r-s-9000.bongers90001 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Anyone tried MP 10 act4? Someone in general chat asked for help to get an infernal machine plan. I decided to help him because i have free time. Usually i take mp 10 for key run act 1,2,3. But i think will be difficult to carry one person and take MP 10 act 4, so i decided to help on MP8. Found it far more difficult even compared to MP 10 act 3 and 2. 2 first elites is easy, no broken affix and just a mauler. The third elite is quite difficult, 1st garden tier, dunno the name but the one who throw some fire, move fast and the damage is more painful than molok. The insane elite i found is the fallen angel in spire lvl 1.. affix : nighmarish/fire chain/vortex/something.. really insane, die 3 times and i just hurt them a little (around 10% of they life) and i give up T-T They can fly out the track, make good formation because of fire chain.. when they charged, i got fear and i stand between them, fire chain kill me.. the white mobs are insane too, meteor damage is really painfull.. Maybe it will be a new challange for sns elites :)Ansela18 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 What should I upgrade next? sooooo..... I reinstalled last tuesday to try D3 again and found the changes to my liking. I went on an farming/upgrade frenzy and got the gear on my profile (with no rmah). Just wondering what I should be looking for next. I play shocknadoshards http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/EvilLyn-1709/hero/18969087EvilLyn1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 and another what next for my CM wiz....... So I sold a Mem and netted 325mil, decided to roll a wiz..... read topics, great advice available here folks, Thanks! So far have spent about 125mil and looking for solid advice on where to go next. Right now I'm at 2.54 As and 150k dps 37k life 5k armor and 500AR... Have high latency normally with my ISP (220 - 280) so fairly sure I'll need to hit 2.73 breakpoint but right now can do MP8 fairly smothly with min. of deaths ( 1 or 2 for keep back rooms run) Freeze on solo E's is stuttering and they can get off attacks but have learned to run as needed :P Mobs no problem at all and if I carry enchantress along everything is easier but normally run sans follower when trying gear/setups Keeping in mind budget of apr 200M suggestions of where to head next..... Thanks in advance for any and all!Hardhead710012 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Veteran wiz I'm currently stationed overseas... I see good chunk of D3 games being sold at the exchange store... i'm just curious if we have large amount of military vets in D3 wiz community and anyone stationed in Japan in particular.t0ma6 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 iso cmwiz > demo ess runs ajnin#1304 must run coldbloodded/bone chill standard SNS looking for around 200k dps wiz's 2.8 aps /50% crit have taxi barbs so lets farm some essajnin9 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 motivation to keep playing Now that I've sent my comp with D3 on it for repair and haven't played for a bit, I'm at the crossroads and have begun to contemplate why I'm still playing. Not that I'm a top wiz, but I feel my gear is good enough such that most game content is not really that challenging. Interested to hear the reasons you guys are still playing. I can think of a few answers to expect, but nothing that inspires me as of yet. There's so much else to do with the time that I would spend on D3. Someone please say something inspirational for all us potential soon to be D3 quittersThunder20 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 I would like to hear your "dumb mistakes". Last night, I was browsing in AH as usual. I thought I found this somewhat Godly rare pants, ~175intel. ~225vital, ~80AR, ~+285armor,~52arcane resistance and Armor said 666. Price was reasonable. 1day and 4 hours left. I said, wow, it's not bad. but I was thinking to myself why hasn't it been sold? May be because of the number 666 - looks so devilish. But you know what, I will give it to my WD b/c he also looks devilish anyway plus it looks like an awesome deal! Bought it and told few of my friends. They said it has no sockets. and I told myself "shoot". All along for some reason in my head, I thought I was looking at 2 socketed rare pants. So, I wasted the gold worth a valuable "Mcdonald's meal", Still, if any of you guys are still interested, then I might consider donating it to you for free. Let me know in game. Anyone with a good "dumb mistake" story so I don't feel as bad?yodatoy47 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Archon: Ice Armor MP10 Video - #15 DPS US Wiz Hello my fellow wizard compadres! I've been using Ice Armor:Crystallize a good bit lately when I farm MP10 solo, so I thought I would make a post so you can experiment yourselves. Generally, I farm MP10 in groups which usually include cm/ww wiz and monk. When I do, I run energy armor: pinpoint barrier together with cold-blooded, as a cm/ww is keeping things frozen. However, when I run MP10 solo, I've been using Ice Armor:Crystallize instead of pinpoint barrier to my pleasant surprise. Why? 1. Ice Armor does a decent job chilling/freezing mobs. Combined with scoundrel and buriza, this allows most enemies to be chilled and get the 1.2x DPS modifier of Cold-Blooded, which is generally a greater DPS boost then the 5% CC that pinpoint barrior offers. Pinpoint barrier DPS - 661k Ice Armor DPS: 621k x 1.2 = 745k (Assuming chill effect of ice armor/cold-blooded) 2. 12% Melee Reduction - not bad. 3. Adds more armor then energy armor does. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Video (2:22) of MP10 Keeps 2: Two elites + lots of mobs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmYIuNQTTu4&feature=youtu.be ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My profile on Diablo Progress: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/james1v12-1875/Madeline/3653270 P.S. No lifesteal weapon. DPS is high enough that lifesteal can tank everything with a obvious exception of RD.James1v1230 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Selling 9|6 187int Mempo for gold Bought another mempo earlier and wasn't planning on using it but kind of having a change of heart idk. Anyway selling my old Mempo for gold. May RMAH for an agreed deal but really prefer and need gold Wanting to sell soon so I'll accept the first reasonable offer that we can both agree is pretty fair. Write offer in request, thanks here's pic: http://i.imgur.com/7aN78UH.jpgLumiTKD13 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 almost on my 3rd stash tab had to use a mule http://imgur.com/3Ap2Y03 and i still haven't Id'd the first two stash. off to 4-day vacation tom, woot wootpichapie11 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 How to Improve Wizard Skills and Passives This was inspired by a similar thread over at the Witch Doctor forums: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582072 I tried searching for a similar one in the Wiz forums, but the ones I found are too old already. If you got a chance to redesign / rework some of our unused skills and passives, what will they look like? The format will be like this: Name of Skill / Passive (that you want to redesign / rework) Your improved mechanics (in game terms) "Why?" I'll edit the 2nd post with the best suggestions from the Wiz community. I'll start with an example: Teleport Cost: 20 Arcane Power Teleport through the ether to the selected location up to 35 yards away. Why: Wizards are supposed to be a mobile class. So I removed the cooldown on teleport and increased the AP cost a bit. This change will help put us on par with other classes with regard to mobility. (It will be a big help for us in PVP too!) Astral Presence Increases your maximum Arcane Power by 20 and Arcane Power regeneration by 2 per second. Critical Hits grant 10 Arcane Power while wielding a 2-handed weapon. Why: (Credits to: Darshu, Malakai) http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197740198?page=3 Wave of Force - Forceful Wave Increases damage to 260% weapon damage as Physical, but removes Knockback. Why: Remove knockback altogether. Actually I initially wanted to create a new rune "Black Hole" that PULLS enemies within 24 yards towards you. But I decided against it because we already have our cyclone monk friends for that. There should still be an incentive for us to team up with monks). At least removing the knockback while increasing weapon damage will be a nice alternative for melee wizards to play around with. Anyway those are the suggestions I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm sure others will have better ideas. Let's all pretend to be game designers for a day!DomonKassui18 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Trying to solve this "multiplier mystery" Yes yes, very old, very repeated topic. In TekkZero's thread the other day, I speculated (in so many words) that perhaps our DPS was broken down into two types: Base Stat Dps - Just Intelligence Fluff DPS: Critical Hit Chance, Critical Hit Damage, Increased Attack Speed, Elemental/Elite % Bonuses, Min/Max Damage/Average Damage) I was curious if the reason our multipliers don't scale with IAS was related to a relationship "limit" between our base stat and our fluff stats (Hey, this may make no sense or may be easily debunked by one of my colleagues here but give me some credit, I'm doing my best here, hahaha) Back when CM/WW first emerged, I tinfoiled that perhaps Blizzard wanted to stop us from breaking the game by stacking fluff dps. Remember, we were doing this crazy stuff long before Monster Power. Remember what a 150k CM/WW wizard did in vanilla Inferno? It was crazy. It also got to a point where Blizzard couldn't nerf the Proc Rates any further without breaking our class entirely, so maybe an alternative was written in to limit our multipliers...Anyway, that's a whole ton of supposing and no, I don't have any evidence...or at least, I didn't until tonight. Tonight I ran several Ghom Tests where I kept everything the same (IAS, CC, CD, etc.) but simply messed with the value of my core stat. This is what I found (on average...each test ran 5 times) 1) 2.7388 attacks per second, 62.5 Crit (no scoundrel), 329% Crit Damage (no elemental, elite bonuses). Only average damage bump came from my Force (87-410). Intelligence: 2625..DPS: 215,750.45. Time to Kill Ghom: 88 seconds. Multiplier: 7.66x 2) everything from above stays the same, except I used a Immortal King's chest with 0 intel, also causing me to lose Zuni bonus, for a net loss of 514 Intelligence, totaling 2111. DPS: 175,054.77 Time to Kill Ghom: 107.5 seconds. Multiplier 7.35x On average, lowering my intelligence by 514 netted a loss in multiplier of .31. Now I'm not going to imply anything because I am not mathematical, and I don't fully understand how programming, game design, or any other of the intricacies that go into figuring this stuff out works. I'm a rap artist. That's my home. But I do think that this is interesting. Perhaps it's not enough of a difference to mean a darn thing...but I would think my multiplier would be consistent, regardless of kill times and stats. Disclaimer: I majored in Sociology in college and I know whole heartedly that I WANTED to find these results, because I brought the idea up in the thread. I did my absolute very best to remain unbiased in my testing, but I do know that because of my predispositions, I may have, even if totally unconsciously and without intention, affected my own results - as a Social Science lover, I MUST admit that. However, to the best of my conscious knowledge, I did no such thing. Any thoughts?Melkor35 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 HC Wizard soloing Belial Inferno, impossible? Hi, I just want to post this here for development teams to read. If any wizards out there has helpful tips/advices, please do share or tell. I geared up my HC wizard plvl 16 "Wakana" so I'll have 10000+ armor and 1000+ all resists. Of course, for a wizard to achieve this, you have to use force armor + prismatic rune. My health was 47K and dps at 14K with some little LOH (250). My life regen was also up to 800+ because of galvanizing ward (and little help from templar). Here are my skills and passives: Skills: Primary: Shock Pulse + piercing orb Secondary: Arcane Hydra 1: Teleport + Fracture 2: Blizzard + Stark Winter 3: Force Armor + prismatic 4: Diamond Skin - Enduring skin Passives: Blur, Galvanizing Ward, Cold Blooded I farm act 1 inferno regularly and sometimes act 2. In fact, act 1 inferno was so easy I tank every elite even in 4 party group (even when frozen or jailed, which killed most barbs I partied with because they did not run away maybe after seeing me sticking around.) My setup was like critical mass except without the nova frost or always on diamond skin (and no constantly pressing the skills button, that is so tiring). This is because with regular tank, my life regen always catches up with the hits I took (which was very very minimal even with 3-4 monsters hitting me at the same time.) I soloed act 2 easily too. Before, I had problems with snakemen disappearing and appearing right in front of you immediately hitting you all at once. But now, I just find it funny that they are not a bother anymore. I even handle two elite packs at once just fine. Kulle was no different. My goal was to beat act 2 and proceed to act 3. I got to belial phase 1 and 2 quite easily. I fought belial phase 3 hard and long. I got him to below half his life. But with 14k dps (17k if you include the cold blooded rune damage), I think it took past 3 or 5 minutes which triggered his enrage timer. At this point, the whole floor is covered with poison pools. But alas, one of his poison explosions hit me and I died right away. Even with diamond skin on, it vanished right away. I totally did not expect that. How do you expect a wizard to beat belial solo? By just relying on luck of dodge/block? I think it is unfair. Because of this, I have switched to Barbarian class because it seems that it is the only class with enough damage reduction skills that will endure Belial's poison explosions without dying after 1 hit. Thank you for reading if you got to this part. ^.^ I like this game a lot. P.S. It also crossed my mind that 10000+ armor and 1000+ all resists still was not enough. So I will try wizard again after I beat this game with my Barbarian.tomoedono14 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 any wiz selling tri tal rasha? D: any! with itleast 6% elemental, 7% IAS, 8.5 CC D; lemme no if your selling or a decent tri pox 2 with 7% IAS and 5% cc minimumPoptartz8 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 i've had it, it's been fun....... went back to ehp set up, ditched edps. it was carnac's sweet pants that made me dove back into the ehp and as much as edps actually makes farming faster, i find myself doing a lot more to compensate for my glassiness as oppose to just maintaining 200k dps with tanky ehp. dps is actually quite deceiving especially when you're not geared for it.pichapie59 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Help! Switching to Archon Hello wizarding community, recently I decided that I want to switch from my current CM build to an Archon build. I do not want to spend more than 30 million so keeping pieces from my current set is preferable. Anyone have any advice on which pieces I should change and to what? Thanks!Righteous19 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Selling Elite Tal Chest Dont know how to link it, its currently equipped. 158 Int 100 Vit 80 AR 822 Armor 9 ASDeadCloud4 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Need Gearing Advice For Unorthodox Build First, thanks for taking a few moments to read my post. My wizard is an usual build, and I value being a little different. I haven't spent a lot of money on this character 20-30M-ish?, but I'd like to keep playing so I'm open to investing some cash. I bought my witching hour belt a while back and I recently purchased an TRUG because my old source was a regular skull and the aesthetics were terrible (yes, I can be very superficial). Currently I can solo MP4/5 without outrageous kiting most of the time, but I'd like to be able to handle higher MPs. Also, I've crafted a few of my items which is probably a sign that equipment is .... sub-optimal. So what would be a good place to start? I'm particularly ready to get rid of my boots/chest armor because they cannot be dyed and clash like all heck.TABCrew90007 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 MP10 capable 0 APOC spec blades/blizz build So I don't really know if anyone has mentioned a build like this i checked the compendium or w/e and the only spec blades build i saw was that no-spinup one but here's the build i've been using for my mp8-10 runs since the recent blizz buff and thought i'd share my successes. So first off i'm an archon wiz who in order to do mp10 ubers/farming bought some VERY cheap cm/ww gear... anyways while it was extremely doable and trivialized the game...I hated it... i don't have a keybind thing and slaming 123 123 123 over and over just wasn't my thing but with archon it's almost impossible to farm at high mps unless your godly, so i came up with this build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WlXjOS!WYh!YZaacc The build focuses on, as you probably already guessed, spectral blades(healing blades) and blizzard(frozen) Basically with about 2.5ish life steal, blood magic, healing blades, diamond skin, unstable anomaly and resists around 700+ your hp should very rarely drop and if it does you get a "second life". All you have to do is hold down left click, press right click every so often to cast blizz and get your added dmg from cold blooded and potentially freeze mobs/elites with blizzard aswell, and pop diamond skin when needed to avoid heavy hitting blows/nasty elite affixes(frozen,lasers,molten,plague). With my current gear i can't facetank "everything" and a tiny bit of repositioning/kiting is involved when a pack throws down 3 lazers and a pool of lava at your feet but for the most part it's just hold down left click press right click. It really is a very simple build and did i mention it requires 0 APOC?!? yup as a pure archon wiz i have no apoc and was looking for a build that had great survivability awesome dps and didn't require me to regear. Well...maybe a little....The only difference in gearing i would suggest aside from a normal archon setup would be to purchase a cold% soj with 25+elite dmg and +spectral blades dmg vs elites. I picked up mine for 3m and you could probably find a very good/decent one for around there. It's almost mandatory when farming higher mp's as elites just have so much darn hp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukuSmNvv_k&feature=youtu.be ^link to the build in action solo on mp8 did die twice to stupid mistakes as this was just a random quick 10min video of my normal farm route but i think it serves the build well.garyt22 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Selling most of my 328k dps archon set Check out my currently equipped gear and post reasonable offers. You may post here or pm me in-game!Netherion1 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Help me gain EHP and Mit Will some of you gearing gurus give me your suggestions on what changes I should make to increase my EHP and mitigation?Paranoyed2 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 In Search of Wiz Gloves Needs to have stats something like this 200+ intel Attack speed 6% CHD 35 CC 10 Thanks guys!landen2 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Need help with gear/build! Hello, Could you help me consider upgrades or even a diferente build? I was one the early player's right when d3 launched and i havent played in a pretty long time, I came back and used my gold considering a first cm/ww build but i couldnt get the hang of it, now im trying out an archon sustain build considering nebulaqueen's build but i'm still sorta lost. Could anyone help me out with some pointers of what i'm doing wrong? Thanks alot!K1LLa7 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Zunimassa's Trail bidding wars http://imgur.com/kfUkd8B Here is the link to the item Stats are as follows. Zunimassa's Trail 323 Armor 7% Poison Damage 185 Intelligence 98 Vitality 50 Poison Resistance 66 Resistance to All Elements +12% Movement Speed Okay, This is for those Wizards and Witch Doctors out there that need a new shiny at a decent price. It is currently 8:30am Eastern on March 21, 2013. Bids will be accepted up until 8:30pm Eastern on March 22, 2013. Total of 36 hours. I know your asking why am I placing this add on the forums instead of in the AH..Well my answer to you is to allow the players who read the forums (people who actually participate in conversations to make the game a better overall experience for the community) a shot at getting a decent item at a lower price. I have a ball-parl figure of the actual value of this item. Let the bidding begin... 25 Million will be the opening bid. When the clock strikes 8:30pm Eastern on March 22 I will close all bidding and whoever has the highest bid will recieve this item for said price. Good Luck to all those who participate. btw, this post will be placed in Items, Wizard and Witch Doctor sub-forums.Adrenilyn15 Mar 22, 2013
Mar 22, 2013 Do we have it all wrong? What is a cm/ww wiz? Just wondering. IMO i think freezing power is the most important. Feel free to post your thoughtsVoid18 Mar 22, 2013