Wizard

Jan 23, 2013 LF MP10 uber carries me and my friend have 6 total machines. LF someone to carry us in MP10. ThanksAchilles1 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 What is the point of Archon & getting more AR There is NONE! Have you ever heard someone on chat or *anywhere* heard requesting "LF Good archon wizard", 300k+ DPS for keyruns?" :) Hardly. The only wizards running in those groups and those who are wanted are CM/SNS wizards. Archon = eternally cursed to farm MP0-4 ... From that point of view, I can very much forego to upgrade my gear with more AR since more AR will STILL not make my Archon wizard suitable for MP8 or higher. Again...I am waiting for the day where someone makes a group for high MP lvls, looking for Archon wizards. As long as that's not the case, regardless of 300k, 500k or 700K DPS....there must be a fix for us!! At some point running MP3 *will* get boring!Flexyana2 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 I feel that my DPS should be higher I look at other peoples gear and it doesn't look that much better, but they have so much more DPS. Am I getting killed by a slow weapon or something?Aya34 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Crafting?? First of all this thread should have been under the crafting section or general discussion. But due to trollphobia (pardon me for lack of better word) I'd rather open it here and hear some of your comments. I just want to know you view of the future of crafting in 1.0.7 based on the information now and what's in PTR. I used to see some posts on this but seem to have died. Has everyone given up on crafting in PTR? Do you think people will still bother with crafting when patch hits? I'd like to hear your thoughts on gloves, ammy, bracers etc.BotakZhang4 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 For Wizards that have Mics just thought i would post the link to the other thread here. for those people that have mics and wanna chill or do runs with. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709861855#1Justice1 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 help with moving cm wiz forward Hi guys kinda stuck what to upgrade next there always seems to be good advice on here so can someone point me in the right direction thanks in advance http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/donski-2131/hero/5164363donski0 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 Elemental Damage bonus - careful when buying Elemental damage does NOT exist on it's own from what I can see. I first noticed this when I purchased my 'Tally' amulet. I was shocked and surprised to see it do over 15K damage over my previous amulet according to my Damage calculater, ahh, but then there is the elemental damage factor which I did not take into account. However, it clearly states on the amulet 'Adds 5% TO cold damage' not 'Adds 5% cold damage'. When I brought this up in the forum previously, I was told by a member that 'oh, Bliz made a mistake, it is supposed to say adds 5% damage. I found this hard to believe as if this was printed wrong, then it would have been fixed, right?. I went and purchased 'Zunimassas Trail', which also gives a huge DPS boost due to the 7-8% poison damage. Since I had my boots, there was NEVER any poison damage inflicted as I do not have a spell or weapon that incorporates poison damage. Remember, those boots are designed for a WD which uses poison damage regularly, for that class, there would be a 7-8 % increase in damage, but not to a class that does not use that elemental damage. I purchased a cheap Triumvirate which had 15% elemental damage bonus and this made my DPS calculation identical to my Chantodos Force, which does not have the elemental damage. What a difference, it took me longer to kill demons on MP3, and this was evident in all my runs, I had less experience than the runs with my Chantodo. This is because I could kill things faster with my chantodo, even though, it says it is the same DPS. The conclusion is simple, If it says 5% TO poison damage, then the DPS bonus will only be there if you use poison, that is why on the weapon or boots or off-hand, it CLEARLY says '% TO', meaning that if you do NOT have that element in your spell, then it will NOT be a bonus to you. Keep this in mind when purchasing items with elemental damage bonus whereas you have to make sure that you USE that element. It seems that this is a flaw in the calculater, NOT in the print of the items.abb118 Jan 23, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Steal? Insane luck: my new ring 9% as 6% cc 26% cd 68 int 95 dex 37 vit (left one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RobertVarga-1345/hero/4856321 ) Won insanely lucky bid at 179080211 gold. Yes, I put all I had to the last penny to the bid 4 seconds before auction ended, and I won. But, ftw, I got 0 golds returned, so that was some insane lucky bid lol. What do u think about price - is it OK for the ring?RobertVarga19 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Looking for a experimented Wiz, 10m set? Hi guys, I main barb, but I'd like to try out CM Wiz, I'am willing to spend 10m to build a set, What should be my primary goals? - IAP (how much i need atk speed) - All res? - HP? - APoC ? - CC? Which items/legends will suit the criteria the best? Thanks.SCWarkos1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 WW breakpoint question.... I have 84% ias with 1.64 attack speed chantodo's, which means my attack per second is 1.64x1.84 = 3.0012 my question is according to shandlar's post, 40 ticks lies within 3.0030... so i'm short .0028 will my ww tick for 40 at 3.00 rounded aps or 36 at 2.9913 aps? shandlar's post is here https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6794871641 did anyone test whether 3.00 hits the 40 tick breakpoint?Kokoro3 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Heart of The Swarm Cinematic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVbeoSPqRs4&feature=player_embedded Pretty Sweet. No wonder there's no D3 CM's around.Aphraell7 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 how's pillz doing? last i heard pillz fell out of a moving vehicle, broke a finger or two and never came back.pichapiegal2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Is my armor good? How can I improve my armor? I'm a Archon Wizard. I chose that because it makes farming Alkaizer a lot easier. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aulines-1116/hero/15310800Aulines7 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 What is the ideal eHP in PVP? As aimless pointed out, wiz's can't beat monks and barbs at their own game, so having too much eHP is going to be useless, but against other high dps classes/builds It would be ridiculous to be one-shotted. Wiz's can't take on suprise attacks but when we are prepared with mirror images, fractures, bubbles, temp flux, we can really pwn monks and barbs no matter how much dps we have. With shield depending on how much dps I want, I have about 1-1.1m eHP. with source, I have just under 800k eHP, but with 30% more dpssaxy13 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Pillz is back! and doing well! Played with him last night. Cool guy. He said he might roll another Wiz. meanwhile he was playing DH.yodatoy7 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Frost Nova and Slow time synergy? Hello Wizards. Does anyone know mathematically how Slow Time: Time Warp and Frost Nova: Bone Chill work together? I'm wondering if you use Time warp and then use your Frost Nova inside the Time Warp how much more damage would an enemy take off of say a meteor landing on them?Jeremiah3 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Any wizards testing 1.07 ptr - REMEMBER 1.05! I'm so glad we're getting buffed. Sure, we still have plenty of crap skills, but it's a positive start, and I'm really looking forward to kicking some, both softcore and hardcore. However, for the good of the community, I implore all you guys testing PTR to remember what happened to our "buffs" in 1.05 ptr... - meteor proc nerfs - sleet storm getting nerfed from 333 to 280 (how the hell did that get nerfed? Who used it?) - more proc nerfs (spectral blade procs too good? huh?) - nothing positive added So please... PLEASE... if you're doing good with one or more of our buffed new skills: - Do not stream it - Do not post about it - Do not upload to YouTube - Reskill back to Wave of Force when done Thank you. :)Delfius10 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Best legs? Are innas temperence legs the best in slot for wizard?inSanitY16 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Cookie cutter WIZ PvP build? Is there a Good build out yet From what i see it's Seeker missile Some form of hydra Shock armor Teleport fracture ?? ?? Passives: unstable anomoly Illunsionist and crit mass? Any help would be great!!!Killvana9 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Archon trying to hit 100K DPS unbuffed Topic says it all. I run in archon spec, ~73K DPS with glass cannon only and ~90K DPs fully buffed. I am able to farm act 3 comfortably but I do die a few times during runs. I was thinking the best way to get over 100K DPS (and die a little less) might be to buy a Skorn with LS. I Only have about 3 Mil to spend which I know is not much but I have seen some LS skorns around 10 Mil. As you can see I currently have no LS, only LoH which I learned after buying that weapon does not work well with Archon. Is it a good idea to work towards that weapon upgrade? Thanks!Ryp14 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Scoundrel... For CM wizard who uses him. What skills do you pick, Hysteria or Anatomy? - Hysteria, each crit increases all dmg done by 10% for 3 seconds with 5 seconds cooldown. - Anatomy, 3% crit chance.Mil3 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 A few questions regarding gear choices. Hey everyone, I currently have an archon setup for smooth mp1 grinding and some spare gear to get me into mp5 key farming runs as cm/ww. I have a couple questions regarding upgrades now that i've saved up about 50m. 1) Is it ever a good choice to go Blackthorne's Cross amulet, or Blackthorne's armor? Or do I need to stick with tal's or zuni's. 2) What rolls make triumvirates more/less valuable? I have a hard time distinguising much difference through the AH. 3) Is there any way to search for a black damage 1h weapon on the AH? or I need to mouse over them all and check? Thanks in advance for all the help, i've already gleaned alot of good information from alot of other threads here.Bowzer5 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Would like help with cm/ww build Right now i have 3.00 aps with the slow time bubble and 51.5% cc with pinpoint barrier. I am still having trouble keeping mobs frozen.They will move a little bit at times and i would like help with knowing what else i need to do. thanks for any helpJoel7 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Question, proc chc skill I see storm armor and arcane hydra returning yellow critical hit number. Does this mean that they also help reduce cooldown with Critical Mass? Tested as suggested CM proc storm armor NO *I did a few more runs, and it doesn't reduce cooldown, I think made a mistake when I first did it. CM proc arcane hydro NO http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708991741?page=1#7KirusAlufras9 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 WTB Kiting Build Just came back after a long break and I DEMAND that you give me some kiting builds to use. I heard Blizzard/Hydra isn't good anymore, so I need people to do things for me so I don't have to do them myself. P.S. I know there is a sticky, but I want moar, maybe unorthodox builds that have worked for you.Jon2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Designing your character for pvp I am looking to restructure my squishy wizard so that I can be competitive when the new patch officially comes out. I have been playing on the public test realm and have found that the same builds and equipment are not as effective for dueling as for farming. So the purpose of the thread is to try to answer these questions: 1. What equipment should people invest in for pvp? 2. What are the best wizard builds for pvp? 3. What strategies should wizards use against other classes? 4. *Most importantly* What skills do you think will be nerfed after patch 1.07? (for example, storm armor) speculation welcomedWeasel7658 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 CM/RM build - need advice on gear I recently started playing d3 again and found this build on the forum. I am having a great time with this build and was hoping on some advice on improving my gear. I am currently using the skills from this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933833758 which I do not find too much info on gear. Can some recommend what I should be working on replacing? Also keep in mind I am broke so I will need to save up for anything :)NorCalAdam1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Crowd Control in PvP I havent installed PTR, but am anxiously awaiting the official Patch. I'm curious if anyone has found there is a definitive space in PvP for people having 1 or 2 -CC gear. I gambled on buying a couple pairs of IK Boots and was hoping I could project a profit or cut my losses of time and resell them at reasonable offer :)aceD0 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 LF> CM Wiz to do carrying for MP10 Ubers Hi, would like to have more CM Wizards on my list to carry people for MP10 ubers. Please add me if you're interested/ capable. Thanks! Yuan#6859Yuan10 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 The Original Glass Cannon @Dushatar... Where did you go good sir? http://www.youtube.com/user/SyperDyper?feature=watch http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Dushatar-1598/Azodeus0 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Why is it EXACTLY 2.74 AS that is needed? But yet the CC is a range of what, 45-50%? Doesn't the amount of CC affect how much AS you'd need? Whether 46% CC or 49% CC, it's exactly 2.74 AS? Why? I'm a WD, could somebody explain this?PackersFTW46 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Looking 4 EHP Blackthorne Chest & Boots (PTR) Looking for Int / Armor Surcoat and AR Blackthorne's spurs. For PVP testing in the PTR. I want to test if it is worth investing in the 4-piece set for PVP. I already bought boots in the real client but for some reason I can't copy my character over. If anyone is willing to lend me their pieces in the PTR, I would be much obliged. I'll return them after I get some testing done. Thanks!DomonKassui19 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 how to increas my DPS http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/thundergoo-3908/supergoo/8081867thundergoo4 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 RA vs Armor Try to find out which one better give me more defensive value 30 RA or +180 armor?! Any conversation formula to calculate out?! ThanksHONGLAM37 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Does CM have a hidden multiplier? So today got me curious. How does critical mass actually work? My understanding is that it lowers the cooldown by 1s per proc. However, is there a hidden multiplier that makes it proc more often? For SNS wizards, I'm assuming the following formula governs the critical procs with Wicked Wind: crit per second = [number of energy twisters out at full windup]*[tick rate/second]*proc_coef*crit_chance. Now while that sounds good, it seems like the standards SNS wizard (2.73aps/50cc) is only procing 4 crits per second at full wind up: #of Energy Twisters at full windup = [(2.73-.95)*6] = 10.68 Proc Coefficient = 0.125; Ticks Rate = 6 per second (for 2.73aps) Crit Chance = 50% Critical Procs: 10.68*6*0.125*.5 = 4.0050 crits per second Doesn't 4 crits seem very low? I'm pretty darn sure we can reduce the cooldowns of spells a lot faster than that. At least by twice that much.TekkZero13 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Help please! Recently found a decent zuni marrow with 190 int, 80 ar, 80 vit, +160 armor. Was wondering if i should try to sell this for other upgrades or something or just build off zuni. Quick reply would be much appreciated!ARiceBurglar16 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 What's the best Intro CM build? I'm looking through the Wizard Build Compendium post, and it has quite a few CM based builds. Of course, SNS is the gold standard. But I'm wondering which of these CM builds is the best intro CM build that one might put together for 50-100m. Thank you!SarBashar1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Get CM/WW Wiz Ready for MP10 Ubers Alright trying to get my cm/ww wiz ready to perma lock mp10 ubers. I'm not concerned at all about DPS since I plan to team up with my buddy who does a ridiculous amount (around 500k dps fully buffed ww barb). Anyways I just need to keep them locked down and frozen. The good: APS > 3 w/ Stretch Time CC = 51% w/ pinpoint APOC = 19 LOH = 933 DPS = 81k unbuffed From what I've read on the forums this should be adequate to keep ap up, and with evocation and cold snap more than enough to keep perma freeze going. The bad: My EHP is atrocious (about 181k unbuffed from diabloprogress http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/jimmyjump-1146/JimmyJump/20270728) Armor = about 4500 with energy armor Res = Lowest is 460 Health = 29.6k Life Regen = 314 First question, skills. I haven't been able to test out against ubers so I've been going against Mp10 diablo trying to figure out how to keep him perma locked. I've been using diamond skin with prism and astral presence to help with AP regen. I've also been spamming explosive blast, diamond skin, ww and frost nova as much as possible, not sure if I should be hitting explosive blast every chance its up. Question is should I stick with this for the extra AP or move to somehting like blur for a passive and crystal shell for diamond skin? Next question, gear. The first thing comes to mind is new gloves, I think I'll drop the CD get something with enough AS to keep above 3aps going, similar or higher cc, and close to 80 res and some vit. Next would be shoulders, drop them for viles (probably just int as the ones with vit get too pricey, so will probably make up the life on gloves). Then look to maybe switch my tals armor for one with +armor or lacunis with resist all. Also looking at new jewelry. Again right now survivability > damage. I don't have a ridiculous amount of gold since no RMAH on principle and not a ton of time to play, so my question is where would my most efficient upgrades be? Also still low paragon (waiting on reflect to be nerfed to run perma archon) so that should help some as well. Or am I too far away to even consider MP10 at this point? Thanks for reading.JimmyJump2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 CM/WW Help Hey I read the stickies and saw the breakpoints I need to get to. I need some gear suggestions for around 150 million to hit some of the ias breakpoints (and some advice on whether or not I can drop some of my defensive stats). I realize I need critical hit damage and if you guys could let me know what pieces to go for, it would be much appreciated. Thanks for reading.Tom2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Next upgrade (Advice Needed) So what does everything think my weakest link is gearwise? I'm comparing my MP2 times against my MP1 runs and it seems like time to move up. I may need more EHP or LoH/LaK though. Is my gear pretty well balanced, thoughts?Rainman1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 In need of cm wizard help wondering what my goals should be also wondering what my next upgrade should be (im pretty poor) i got 2.75aps 957 loh 4200 armour 600 ar 138 crit increase 31% crit chance any general suggestions are nice as well thanksSociopath2 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Does the 2.74 APS breakpoint work for CM with Does the 2.74 APS breakpoint work for CM with slow time, stretch time? I'm just wondering, as I use it anyways, and if I were to switch my bracers for a pair of lacunis I would be at 2.74 with an 8%IAS pair. Any help is appreciated, thanks.Ben6 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 30% mellee reduction is too much for dueling? ok for any of you wiz that have faced super tank barbs, let us know what you think about the 30% mellee dmg reduction in pvp in this thread bellow. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709861624ChuckNorris1 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 skel king's walk damage, now with knockback? ever since going back to doing uber carry/runs yesterday, i've noticed this with skelly and how when he initiates his 'walk' anyone within range will be knocked back. the knock back surprisingly does not cause slowness. it's been a month since my last uber run and i've not noticed this before. has it always been like this? i don't mind the knock back as it gives me cue that he's going to do it. pretty difficult to tell sometimes with all the spammings and boss spams, etc etc. please chip in regarding this.pichapiegal4 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Can this be a valid craft? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709231260 http://imgur.com/pb1rc I am bad at it. Can someone help breakdown how many affixes this has? Looks too good to be true.BotakZhang15 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 Archon needs help with EHP I need some help figuring out what I can do to increase my EHP.Crudafe5 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 What does SNS stand for? Simple question, I keep seeing SNS CM wiz, and I just can not figure out wtf people are talking about! I have put way too much effort into figuring it out when I know it's so simple.... So please, what does SNS stand for?Kindlin4 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 CM Gear Help I'm a noob CM wizard and I need some help what to upgrade next. I need more attack speed, vitality, and life on hit to become even decent. Please look at my gear and give some advice. (I don't know how to make a link to gear sorry about that)Owen0 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 need help with build ok, so I have my wizard here, and i've found some decent builds that I am comfortable with but with these builds it's tough to go further then mp 5, I'm trying to farm keys but it's a pain. Is it my gear? I have 160k dps buffed 800+ buffed all res. I've been seeing all these CM builds out and I like them, I just have trouble with the way they are ran, I had this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#UYXQjO!gbT!ZYaZaY as a staple that seemed to work pretty well for me, but I'm looking to farm more keys and Im looking for a long range cm build with decent dps. let me know, is it my build? my gear? is it the way I do my build? diamond armor then run in use frost nova, teleport out and light the mobs up with forked lightning. let me knowZwickelfaust0 Jan 22, 2013
Jan 22, 2013 less dex = more dodge So I was plugging some #s into kieble's calc, and I dropped the 60 dex on my lacunis to 0, bringing my total dex from 549 to 489, but my dodge went from 20.98% to 21.23%? I know dodge/dex drops off once you pass 500, but wtf?atinybug2 Jan 22, 2013