Wizard

Dec 9, 2012 Meteor guys what are you finding is best on reflect mobs? I love molten impact and all 390% is huge front end DPS when you start spamming them problem is I cant' spam them on reflects even w 5500 armor and 820 ar. So I'm finding liquefy best. I think it does more dps to if mobs stay alive procing the dot for 8 seconds which they usually do in mp 10 well after wind up (see harrowings maths below). Anyway what are you a fan of to not kill yourself? ...Aimless9 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Need 7% CC, ~75 RA Without spending 50 mil! Any advice on what piece of gear would be the best to upgrade? My profile isn't up to date. I'm using ice climbers with MS (high RA), a new WH with high RA, and a different tal body (forgot if it has RA on it or not). Sitting at around 650 RA and 41% CC...which piece of gear would be the cheapest to buy in order to hit the 50% CC/750-800 RA mark?Kagato3 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Need Advice on a Nat's Ring! Hello, I just bought this Nat ring on the EU AH for 45M. I am aware that you guys are used to the US AH so i wont ask for a pricecheck, but what do you think of it? And should i use it over mine? profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrPom-2246/hero/833887 as it would free the needed loh on amulet, so i could use something else than BT amu... Thanks for the answer fellow CM's ;) Ring: http://www.noelshack.com/2012-49-1354963119-nat.pngMrPom2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Requesting to change archon I wish that archon would no longer change our skills but instead just increase our dps + defenses, in addition to this, whilst in archon form all skill cost zero arcane power. if people still want the beam of death they can simply choose disintegrate and the dps increase would bring the dmg of disintegrate up to where the archon beam was. we might need to change the graphic of disintegrate rune: convergence to the original archon beam aswell so people can keep the original archon beam. reason for this request is that its abit annoying when we have charged our archon up to the 2 minute limit only to have our buffs run out, forcing us to cancel archon to rebuff. More annoyingly is the fact that we lose our other defensive skills when changing into archon. Im sure most wizards would prefer to keep their other skills aswell. what do you guys think of these changes? id prefer to keep my original skills whilst in archon or atleast let us rebuff whilst in archon pleaseAnthian6 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Does Archon-Full-DPS still exist? Hey, I am an ex-wiz (I switched to monk a month ago), but I am thinking about switching back. I've got a few questions for you guys: -Does it still exist a build/gear full DPS (Archon oriented) instead of permanent frozen? Is it still doable at high MP with good amount of Life Steal? -With approximatively 400M, how much DPS do you think I could reach (with a good @res and LL)? Thanks a lot, any advice about set/items to reach this goal would be appreciated as well.Majestic16 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Advice for Archon build So im looking to get a gear set for farming exp, i normally run cm/sns and though its great and i can trash higher mps it obviously sucks for exp farming and im looking to get to like paragon lvl 60~ as fast as possible so i assume archon would be the way to go. i've never ran an archon build though so im not sure what i should go for as far as weapon etc?Diabolicman1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Need 3 cms for uber runs. HI guys, I am looking for 3 cms to join my uber runs. Each player is required to contribute 1 machine. Requirements: 100k dps+ / 2.0 ias + thanks, update** have 1 more player.solomon19 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 New Wizard (HC) Tips please Hello. I just came back to the game after some months away. I'm back to play on a wizard on hardcore mode, but I've never played a wizard before. I do not know about the possible builds and how to survive on hardcore as wizard. I'll play with a barbarian and a monk on my party full-time, both being very defensive. Our initial goal is to clear inferno mp0. If it's not asking too much, could you guys help me out? I have some questions I'd like to ask. 1. How is Inferno mp0 after all this months? Is it easily done undying or should I still be very cautelous? 2. Which are the available builds (both hardcore and softcore) for wizard? 3. Which build you guys recommend me to play as wizard on hardcore? 4. Which should I focus on my equipments to clear all inferno, considering all buffs (war cry and mantra)? Thanks a lot for your help!Aioria4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 What should I upgrade Now? ww/cm wizard 1)Just bought a Tal chest for 68 mill, worth it? 2)I have 55 mill left , what should upgrade now? ThanksNatureBoy2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Low mitigation ultimate mp10 reflect build First, I did not pioneer this at all. It was a suggestion from a few forum members. I have another thread going which led up to me posting this. This build is the ultimate for those with borderline to low damage mitigation that are trying to squeeze some more dps out of their build while still maintaining the benefit of crystal shell in their CM/ShockNadoShell build. My damage mitigation and LOH is already below the accepted minimum standard for mp 10 farming and i am going to prove that it can work very well even gimp'd by glass cannon. My current stats: 4.4k armor 630 LOH 33k HP 780 AR 58% CC 3.05 APS 17 APoC 187k dps I have been using the normal CM/SNS build but I have been having trouble on mp 10 reflect + electrified packs. I could handle just reflect with the help of teleport safe passage but it was not ideal. Some of you in the forum suggested using GC + ShockNadoShell instead of ShockNadoShards. Here is what I determined... With: 3.9k armor (glass cannon) 630 LOH 33k HP 700AR (glass cannon) 58% CC 3.05 APS 17 APoC 213k dps (glass cannon) I was able to kill mp 10 ghom with the following times: MP 10 ghom 103 seconds 1.24M DPS (shocknadoshard) MP 10 Ghom 111 seconds 1.15M dps (shocknadoshell) mp 10 ghom 99 seconds 1.29M dps (shocknadoshell+glasscannon) These were all recorded videos and I started the timer at the moment ghom took the first hit to the moment he died. He did not move during any encounter. The overall difference was not that much between using shocknadoshard vs shocknadoshell (only 8%). ShockNadoShell + glasscannon resulted in the fastest time and highest effective dps. But that is not what I came here for... I did some mp 10 farming and found an elite pack with refelct + electrified + illusionist + ranged attack...probably the ultimate test. Using the standard ShockNadoShards build, they would have killed me a few times over with my stats. Using shocknadoshell+glasscannon, I had no problem killing them even with my damage mitigation gimp'd from glass cannon. Essentially, glass cannon gave me higher effective dps than using diamond shards and increased my survivability to be able to handle some of the worst elite affix's on mp 10. This is a great alternative for those who have lower than ideal damage mitigation but still want to gain some dps. Here is the video of that encounter in 720p: http://youtu.be/uUDKMnBe3mwKillerElite15 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 cm/ww not sure what to do hey so I'm not really sure what to do at this point. Trying to farm mp5 and constantly dieing really quickly to many random affixes I think my gear should be good enough to be doing this so idk. Maybe its positioning or something lemme know.CheeseyPuffs1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Just started playing again, need help gearing Hey there, just started playing d3 again this week and finished leveling up my wiz to 60, and spent about 500k on the ah getting these pieces. I've mostly been looking for crit chance and damage, but not sure what else I should be looking for. I'm at about 47k dps right now. Any critique will help! I have about 1.5m gold right nowCrabapple2 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Upgrade Tips for a FL wiz? Looking at my prof, you guys can see I'm primarily using FL/Meteor as my build. I'm all for IAS right now, as quicker FL attacks get me arcane dynamo stacks pretty fast and procs LoH very quickly. Is LoH though alright for wiz now? I've only played for 4 weeks after I took a break since 1.0.4. A lot of other wiz I see don't even have LoH and just got straight for damage weps.Bane1 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Hitting a roadblock on CM/WW Wizard Hey, I started playing about 3 weeks ago and have tried to make a CM/WW Wizard as my first character. At this state, I feel like the wizard is stagnant, i.e. can't seem to easily improve. Having a look around the AH, it seems any decent gear upgrade is going to cost me at least 8mil+, is there anything I can do to this wizard in terms of skill or equipment that would not cost me 8mil+ to improve?? Thanks for any help!Volemic4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 How much more IAS? Replacing the Tal helm with Mempo, how much IAS would I need to reach the 2.73 (I think it was?) breakpoint? And how exactly would I swap gear around to do so? Looking at some of the 'available' upgrades, they're outside my price range (80 mil and up). Any ideas?Kagato9 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Anyone have any freebies? Hey guys. About a month ago, I had to sell my Wizard to pay for some expenses I had. It's been nice to take a break from the game but I really want to get back into playing. I have a paragon level 84 Wizard who is just wasting all that MF/GF by not playing right now. I don't have any of my old wizard pieces left because I had to sell them. I was a 260k DPS archon Wiz so I was doing alright. However, I just want to make a low budget Wiz who can farm MP0 act 3. I do have maybe 10-15 mil sitting in my stash so I'd be willing to possibly buy a couple of pieces. Anyone have any free gear they can get rid of? Doesn't have to be good or anything, but hopefully enough to get me through MP0 :)OnSugarHill7 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 Cm wizard unsure of where to go. Base stats, 20 Apoc 45% crit chance (have cc stormcrows but use exp most of the time) 2.58 attacks per second (2.74 with slow time which I usually use vs. Ubers) 80k sheet dps unbuffed 650 resist all unbuffed 4.1k armor unbuffed 30k life 900 LoH I will not switch blackthornes pants to innas without putting on an amulet with more LoH on it, so please don't suggest that. I wish I could switch my helm to andys/Mempo but I won't do it unless I can still have 20Apoc and 900 LoH. I sometimes use unity (300 Loh, 8k more dmg at trade of 8% AS & 30 AR, 4k life) I am pretty sure Ice climbers are just way better then nats 2 piece at the price range I am at. I currently have to use shell over shards, and cold snap over bone chill/deep freeze and prefer force/prismatic over lightning. I have roughly 30 mil, but only want to spend 10 on upgrades atm. I have gloves with 70 AR, and same dps, but I think my current tasker/theo are offering more EHP. I have 4% cc 9% attack speed lacunis with no other valuable stats, are these worth using?? Stuff currently in the works, Upgrade tals armor to have more armor while keeping more attack speed Either going to buy a better chantos socket wand, or get one with attack speed, but not sure on this one. Possibly going to upgrade source to 10%cc or maybe lower my average damage on it for some more APoC, but not sure about this one. Considering putting 5 mil (more) toward AR witching hour, but don't think its best investment ATM as mine is pretty good. Considering getting more AR on blackthornes pants Going to get better ring(s)? Not sure what to look for, as most of the stats I want there are very few rolled rings. Ty for any advice, my #1 goal is to be able to handle mp8 ubers, secondary goal is to increase my dps (which right now I think will come from becoming more survivable so I can drop energy armor and stuff) How valuable is hitting another breakpoint vs. more CC, currently I am valuing IAS more. Is attack speed chantos worth the huge dps drop? I don't think it is, but if those 2.7/3.0 breakpoints will see massive increase in survivability I might be able to change up build. Is losing 2 cc, 80vit/int/AR really worth changing to lacunis? I don't think it is ATM.Gdubrocks6 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 9, 2012 What's a black weapon? What's a black weapon? Is that a weapon with no elemental damage on it? Should a elemental based weapon be better with a triumvate? I seem to get told otherwise.YORI4 Dec 9, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Is this build viable running with GF/GI WD? Hello :) I run a GF/GI WD build and my girlfriend is a pretty strong wizard. She isn't a fan of the CM/WW as mashing the keyboard isn't her thing really. Would this profile/build be viable for a Wizard with her stats? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Roxy-3246/hero/24984556 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPQSTX!Yac!baZZba I'm thinking with me picking up Health Globes and feeding her "Power Hungry" passive and her Prodigy passive....she should be able to just toss Meteors out fairly often. For reference , my profile/build. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/crzytimes-1457/hero/25806052 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUdXT!TYe!acacZc Also, I'm looking for this to be kinda an MP0-MP4 or MP5 build combocrzytimes2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Build for reflect damage... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#mbQSjO!bgf!bcYcac You need LOH around 400... If you can get a weapon with LS by all means get it. If you see a RD enemy take them down with Living lighting, that's the secret you wont die... trust me on this :) Do not activate Archon if you do not have sufficient LOH or LS... you will die. Living lighting takes moderate damage but is hits so many times it procs loh/ls considerably fast, keeping you alive. I can stand on desecrate and plague with out moving on a Champion elite with reflect damage using living lighting on mp5 as of current. :) Pew pew away :PArchangel0 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Question for Wizards Do you guys know if +x% damage to elemental damage affixes like on Triumverate, Stormcrow, and Tal Rasha bonuses proc passives like Cold Blooded and Paralysis?Amoeba1 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Teleport Question So I know a bunch of you use wormhole but for those of you who use either safe passage or fracture which do you find better? I've found both have benefits. I'm trying to gauge what you guys do and maybe even get some insight on what's better.JellzRoc2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Need help with my cm wiz please I have 3.0 as 40 cc why am i still not able to stun lock single champions this is getting really annoying any help please would be greatly appreciatedHeyoDatTrick4 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Hydra and Skorn Well I have been using a arcane hydra storm armor and archon combo for quite some time. I noticed that my hydra damage is not scaling. My dps is around 221k. It is critting for maybe 70k (at the most). I equipped a crappy source and 1 hander a little while ago and the hydra damage was about the same (100k around dps) which would be 60% paper dps. So that would be like 31% paper dps with a skorn :( Which would mean hydra is not accounting for increased attack speed or critical hit damage (possibly the IAS, but not the critical hit damage). The signature spells are doing something around those lines as well. Storm armor is 100% weapon damage and crits for maybe 340k which would be around 100% weapon damage. Forked lightning crits for maybe 140k.... spectral blade like 180k magic missile seeker around 400k (which might be about right) living lightning 18k (lol) I have 511% crit damage If I remove my active skill and walk up and slap a mob with my weapon, I will white hit for around 45-60k which means anything that did 100% weapon damage crit for 200-300k and disabling critical hit damage living lighting actually hits for 2k (3.3333% white damage). Arcane hydra hits for around 40k max (white damage) which is more or less 60% of my white hits.... so no IAS or crit damage factored in there at all.Sauroth4 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Little help anyone? I am an archon wiz, but the more I play at higher MP levels, the more I realize how totally unviable it is. So I was thinking of switching to CM. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do to upgrade? I have 60 million right now, and I know that I will probably need much more to do anything CM build wise. Or point me someplace where I can get a good idea of what to aim for?KeyserSöze0 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Next Upgrade for the Wiz above you, help ~~~~ was struggling which item to replace to hit 3 ias break point, 2.97 atm :(. considering to put inna pants and a ring to cover the lost loh in bt pants, however, that will deduce the hit points like anything. appreciate if anybody could give some advice on upgrade... thanks in advance :)KingEdward3 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Looking for some upgrades.. Any ideas would be awesome. I'm not a huge fan of the CM build. I would prefer to stick with almost anything else. Thanks in advance!Kalitus2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 any good sites to trade d3 gear? i dont use any other diablo forum but the trade section is just ... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7320452117 imo they should def improve it but dont think it will ever happen, so are there any popular(and safe) site for selling/buying d3 gear?aw3s0m08 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 EHP q - Vit vs AR/Armor Hi guys, Recently got back in the game and I've got a quick q. With all the online calculators out there now, it's been a lot easier to look up EHP/DPS for chars, etc. I'm finding that often-times it's easy (cost-effective) to get to a high on-paper EHP level via Vit vs AR/Armor (mitigation). Does this work? For example at one point, with some gear switching, I could have either ~70k life, 3.7 armor and ~360kEHP vs stacking AR/Armor and having ~45k life, 4k armor and ~300kEHP (Not sure of these 2 EHP numbers but I know they were more than 50k apart). I know which set of gears had higher EHP on paper but in all the threads that talk about high-end chars (cm, archon), the requirements all include 700+ allres, 43+ armor, etc. etc. which I wouldn't meet with my vitality-based build. But EHP-wise I'd meet the numbers or come pretty close. So I guess the tldr version is: Vitality vs AR/Armor for EHP - does it matter where your EHP comes from? P.S. I've got two sets of gear, one for cm and one for archon as well as some in-between pieces so whatever currently shows on my char is probably not really relevant to my post unless blizz char snapshot occurred at a good time :PCarnac2 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 8, 2012 Sith Lord Hello All, I've not been a wizard long but noticed that there are some very sith-like abilities that remind me a lot of the Star Wars lore. I am a rather big Star Wars fan, more so of the lore than most other lore out there. Anyway, I made this build while leveling as a joke for my buddy and just for fun but noticed as I obtained better gear, got better runes and made a few tweaks... well, it's rather viable and rather fun! I've done the CM spam all of your buttons until your hands fall off build, rather effective but boring. I've done the Archon melt everything until your buffs wear off then rebuff, re-archon blah blah boring. By far this is my favorite and most challenging build and instead of focusing on mashing all of your buttons or right clicking everything to death then perhaps you'd like to give this build a whirl for fun ;-) http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WYXSTj!gYb!Ycacba Feel free to mix and match the runes, perhaps a different ability, the core of this build is spectral blades & storm armor for your offense which makes it the "Sith Lord" feel. Use your blades on most enemies that are easily slain, diamond skin on CD pretty much to stay out of danger of dying while kiting more dangers mobs and letting your storm armor zap them to death like the evil emperor! This isn't a faceroll build that you should jump in the middle of every fight and go balls to the wall unless you're in really good gear. The play style of this build is just like that of a sith or jedi, very powerful but fighting very smart, use your diamond skin & frost nova to keep enemies at bay, kite them with storm armor while being healed from your blades & dmg done to them, life on hit & life steal are not required for this build but some of either or both is recommended. Stats I'd recommend: 600+ AR unbuffed and without glass cannon reducing them(it will take them down to low-mid 500s) 30-40% crit chance 2.1+ Attacks/sec 200%+ crit dmg(not required to be high but the more the better!) 2% LS or 500 LoH(no required but helps) 3.5k+ Armor(glass cannon will lower it considerably and you don't want to be 1 shot) 30k+ life 90k+ buffed DPS(you can get away with lower but I'd not advise it) Also, do note that with better gear several things can easily change! More damage but less resists means you don't need(or want) glass cannon and you should use something else! If you have 6% LS or 1500+ LoH you do not need healing runes and should use higher damage ones! If your prefer teleport to frost nova then I'd advise changing cold blooded to either blur or unstable anomaly for added defense. If you would like to use this build but do not have the required stats feel free to post your stats and I will try to help make it more viable for you or advise a way to bring your stats up easily and cheaply. Thanks for reading, hope you have as much fun as I do with the build, remember it's all about enjoying your character and playing SMART so if you die to something don't get discouraged, think about a better way to approach the fight, a better way to position yourself, the mobs or perhaps kiting with storm armor while dodging attacks is the best way to go, enjoy!Ahlen11 Dec 8, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Seeking help for Permanent Archon Wizard I'm looking to have a perm archon wiz build. I have a budget of around 200m(450ish total) allocated for it. Will this be enough if I want to have around 140k unbuffed dps? What are some stat/build that I should be looking at? I'm a barb player and looking to play as a wiz very soon. I'm looking for some input and advice from a pro perm archon wiz player. My goal is to have my wiz facerolling mp1 a3....pls advise.....any input is appreciated....HojoKing26 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 What CM skill at 2.74 slow time or teleport Just a quick skill question. My Wizard is at 2.71 aps, 2.74 with enchantress. What should I replace slow time - stretch time with for when I run with enchantress or if I get it to 2.74 unbuffed. Seems that most people don't use time warp but the 20% dps could be useful. What is the main reason people use teleport instead? Mobility for positioning? If you use safe passage do you recast every 4 seconds to keep up the damage reduction?businesscut11 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 IAS - Disintegrate - proc crit for freeze? I read something a while back that attack speed has no bearing on Disinitegrate's rate of damage. What I did read stated that a faster attack speed actually caused Disinitegrate to drain your arcane power faster. Any clue on this? As time, GAH, and in-game finds have allowed, I've built my wiz around Disinitegrate. I have a nice hat and source that grant +10 arcane on crit. Hat also decreases amount of arcane required for Disintegrate. As things stand now, I can currently spam Disintegrate with my arcane power barely moving. So here are the questions I have: 1: I've built mine thus far without going for increased attack speed. Will increased attack speed cause a big drain on my arcane power? I'm thinking it won't... 2: How does increased attack speed affect the proc on crit? Reason I ask #2 is that as it stands now, I come close to perma-freezing the bad guys - when it's a large mob. Part of this is due to using ice armor along with frost nova. Guess what I'm aiming for here is that if I continue to stack the critical chance gear and also start beefing up on IAS (which I have NONE now), I think I will have a near perma-freeze disintegrate build. Opinions? Thoughts? TLDR?DragonReborn14 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Pro CM Wiz, please chime in I just geared my my Wiz, who I have ignored now for months, about three days ago. Now I did a pretty standard Bomber spec with Explosive Blast chain reaction, but just recently swapped over to Meteor Shower. I find it more effective, but is there another reason aside from really low mana costs that I should be using Chain Reaction instead? What am i missing here? chain reaction seems to only do a consistent 3x explosions at a specific timing, regardless of whether or not I was able to re-cast the spell before the 3rd one had hit, I don't get faster or more explosions for the given time frame. This seems to be tremendously wasteful. Instead, I've been using Meteor Shower and can hit this spell and have tremendous amounts of meteors rain on my area causing (what I can only assume) is more damage in a shorter amount of time. though it does eat through more mana, which isn't really an issue with mana returns on crit procs. Anybody tell me if I'm right? or is there a mechanic with Explosive blast that makes it better?Oscar12 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Ice Armour: Frozen Storm Questions Does anyone know if Ice Armour: Frozen Storm benefits from attack speed like Wicked Wind? I need to know because it will determine which direction my Spectral Blade build goes. Do I continue down the Black Weapon with +% elemental damage path, or do I switch to Chantodo Set, and drop my Tal's Ammy and Storm Crow for more attack speed.GratzDude3 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Archon, Someone explain! Ok so I've been a CM wizard since they came out and people thought using shields was smart before MP levels and before we took any initial nerfs. However This singular play style as great as it may be for progression has severly grown boring rather quickly. So onto Archon! Absolutely love the speed in which you can farm, however I need a breif break down of why Trium over any other OH. Every single time I look at Triums I Honestly take a 15k DPS loss compared to my Force/Will Combo not to mention the fact that I have a decent Force. Can someone explain how the elemental DMG factors into you're overall DPS as Archon??? Also Problems keeping sustained up? Sometimes I will clear all of Alkaizers run in Archon with like 5 minutes left at the end to ID everything and sell and log out. Some times it drops like instantly after turning into it. What causes the long periods of Archon form? Multiple elite kills? White kills? What? Thanks in advance! P.s. what gear needs to be transitioned to Archon btw? Current Helm is just for P Lvl runs, same with hellfire ring. Have a 200+ int Andys -5% fire dmg. And also a nice trifecta ring that replaces that hellfire.Nefarius41 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Advice Plz::: Which way to go http://s6.postimage.org/rp2ol5e2p/mygear.jpg This is my Gear I run a Kiting Build.... Blizz, Hydra, Orb.... I melt stuff before it gets to me... I love ArcaneOrb its a kick !@# spell that Hits hard.... I Don't Like playing Archon I tried it and Strongly Dislike it.... Never tried CM build but from the videos I've seen I don't think I like the playstyle... I like to play a wizz like a sorc in D2 or a mage in Wow. Where you are super squishy But you can CC to not take hits, and also Rock ppl so hard they can't make it to you before they are dead.... SO basically My question is .... What kind of build options do i have and also I have a budget of about 5-10M to upgrade. I want to upgrade so that my Dps goes up and i dont loose any HP, or AR. But i don't need to gain any HP or Gain AR... So the gear must just Up my DPS, Doesnt matter if i don't get HP or AR gains..... Here are my current stats too... http://s6.postimage.org/a0axtj2bl/newstats.jpgGhostnasty5 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Need advice on bts for sns Okay so first off my profiles not all the way up to date on here I bought some Taskers to replace my old trifecta gloves and though it shows them as equipped the stats on my profile have not updated. I'm sitting at 4716 Armor no buff obviously since I'm running sns My AR is at about 770 And my life is at 41k I've got a pair of bts on that you can see on my profile with 340 vitality and I've been trying to figure out if I should change them with a pair of bts with 800 Armor and 70~AR or if I should keep the ones I currently have, If I replace them id imagine I'll lose a significant amount of health from the 250 vitality lost, but it would put me over 5k Armor and at about 850 ARDiabolicman1 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 New CM Wiz Needs Suggestions So I had 75M laying around, not enough to upgrade my swirly barb, and wanted to take a break from the grind so I grabbed his gloves, bracers and ammy and built a whirly wiz! He has 3.1 attack-speed so I can use the scoundrel for more crit. Definitely sacraficed some life, resists and damage to get there though, 75M only goes so far. I can run MP5 but will still die here and there, especially to the poison tentacle things and elites with lightning/nightmarish/desecrator combos. Elites die reasonably quickly, but nothing to go crazy about. Things melt in MP3, but can definitely still die here and there, could be user error, don't know. Where do I go from here? Any obvious mistakes I've made in gearing or build, maybe I'm going for SNS to early? Ultimately want to farm MP5+ efficiently and kill ubers on MP7+ . . .Taco52 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Next upgrade for Wizard above you! Just making another of these, I find everyone can be pretty helpful, try not to skip people!LadyPixelate87 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 What is wrong with my gear... Hey guys, have been playing a couple of months and i feel i cant progress any further. I know im no expert at all and i know u guys know much better than me. My question is, how can i improve my toon from this point gear wise and build wise. Plz advice me on what parts of my gear should i change ASAP in order of importance, so that i can work on that short or mid term. Help will be very much appreciated...Satsang9 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 CM Build, a quick question I want to build CM. Who doesn't? It has awesome DPS, and great survivability. Unfortunately, I've been away from D3 since June, and I'm a bit rusty on the details behind gearing and such. I picked up this weapon a couple days ago: http://tinypic.com/r/rc09qp/6 I think it's really good. My only worry is that, since it doesn't have ANY crit-related stats, I might not be able to get a high enough crit chance and crit damage with just the armor I'm slowly buying. tl;dr Is having crit stats on a weapon a really big deal, or am I safe just buying a lot of armor with crit on it?Ununnillium3 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Arcane Power I would like to preface this by saying that I do really enjoy D3 and I think it is a good game, but I also believe it needs a lot of work to be a truly great game. I have put 500+ hours into my wizard and I have come to hate the Arcane Power resource mechanic. I feel like it does not grow with my character. It doesn't increase with level, it doesn't regenerate faster, many skills take third or more of it. The only way to increase it substantially is to use the wand/orb combination as wizard hats are for the most part a complete joke (Minus a very well rolled storm crow). Even with a Wand/orb you have to either get an incredibly lucky drop or pay 50+ million to get a decent APOC roll on the item. I miss mana more than anything else from D2. You knew it was there and you had to be careful with it but at the same time it had so much more freedom in its use. Also when you became geared to a good level your warmth skill would make it very hard to run out. When you were geared to the teeth it was a none issue and you felt so powerful at being able to throw spells out constantly without having to watch your mana. I feel that if Arcane Power is going to be our resource it shouldn't feel like it is choking us to death. Meteor builds are horribly annoying to gear for, blizzard is pointless because it doesn't stack and it costs a lot. Most of our channeled ability's are underwhelming. Some of the most iconic and beloved ability's are just horrible because you can't use them in any meaningful way unless you have hundreds of millions of gold in gear. One solution might be to remove Max AP and APOC from the standard 6 affixes that can roll on an item. Instead have them be a separated roll chance on wizard helms, wands, and orbs. That way they are not crippling your item.Setis7 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 What skills do I use for CM wizard? I made a CM Wiz I just not sure exactly what are the passive skills and attacks they use etc.Noc5 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Next move to improve eHP for SNS Build? Hi there, first time poster longtime player. I'm having some issues running my SNS build in MP 4-5ish mainly because of my eHP. I run an alternate Archon Build for my MP3 speed runs with about 190k DPS buffed (400% MF). My CM/WW build need a little eHP and i'm thinking of grabbing an offhand Chantodo with 100+ Vit and 400DMG with no Apoc since I just grabbed the Stormcrow i'm wearing for 1m last night. Any tips will help thanks a ton!Talloes11 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Good Morning Wake the hell up.Azodeus7 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Had to go to work.. seriously?! Yeah.. just a random vent this morning: Rocking my new gear (thanks guys for the advice) I bumped to MP2 this morning in my few minutes before leaving for work to just try it out. Burning through Sky/Stonekeep, Rakkis and Keep 3 in about 15 minutes.. and.. (wait for it) 3 legendary drops in less than 15min! I seriously wanted to HOWL logging off and got into work almost 15min LATE! *laugh* Yeah yeah, purely random I know, but THREE in 15min?! With new the new gear and NV5 pushing almost 300% MF now, plus MP2, so who knows.. but pure random luck and never wanted to NOT exit out so badly playing D3 EVER. (Anecdotally? When I raved that in GENERAL, I had a couple of other folks pop up saying they got legs and set items that fast as well this morning)Raichean11 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 am i ready for ubers? i honestly have no idea what im doing. i got bored with barb, sold him, and rolled a wiz. can anyone tell me if im going in the right direction with my gear? anything i should change?doughb1zzle16 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Need some advice. I found this caster ring the other day, And I was wondering if any of you Wizards would be able to tell me what it might be worth? Stats are: +68 int. +34 Vit. +9%IAS +32% Crit damage +6% Crit chance Anyone have an idea of the value of this?Hyre6 Dec 7, 2012
Dec 7, 2012 Help, Chantodo AP on Crit Help to identify the price please.. Chantodo with Avg dmg 200 Spectral blade dAmage 12% Anyone interestd? http://i.imgur.com/rqQcO.pngvell0 Dec 7, 2012