Aus/NZ General Discussion

Aug 27, 2012 new 2 diablo.. hi all im new 2 the diablo series and i have finally made it up 2 diablo and he is kicking my but has any1 got any tips 4 beating him? i know its wrong 2 just start on diablo3 but i couldnt help myself after i saw some1playing..stu7 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 Farming Community Now Rejecting Aus/NZ With the Recent Harassment on my Aus/NZ Thread for my farming Community and the amount of trolls it produced to Harass my Ventrilo Community. We are now not Accepting any Aus/NZ people due to how this forum has turned out and Actions we have gotten ingame and on vent from Aus/NZ. Sorry.Zoe9 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 27, 2012 I killed Jay Wilson WooHoo I killed Jay Wilson, got him back for putting a cap on MF.col8 Aug 27, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 "We are looking into solutions" "We are looking into solutions" Ok, I'm not very smart and I'm high like 24/7 but i understand that there's no other way to reduce lag apart from a Australian server or a tunnel service, at best with that service you'll be looking at around 170-200ms, these tunnel services have been used in my case in the past with WoW, and most (if not all) have a subscription fee, there you have it, honestly, there's only one solution because diablo 3 at 170-200ms+ does not give you the best playing experience. and as a company with a loyal fan base of Oceanic gamers you would want to provide that? wouldn't you? even if it cost a little to get set up, i know i would, don't tell me it's not viable or it will cost to much, it's a load, many small game company's have set up servers in Oz. With all the drama that has been going on lately it would really show the Aus/oceanic community that blizzard do give a damn, because honestly lately, it ain't showin' be straight up about it, stop beating around the bush, this has gone on long enough, we want real answers not a bunch of crap, there is no other solution and to make us believe so is a lie. Prove me wrong Blizzard?eberhard0 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 need a tank??? i can help just want to know if anyone need help getting though the game i can pritty much tank everything have a little trouble with ghom after patch but that it, im pritty much on everyday after 3:30 4ish for a few hours and most week endskonday0 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Bad latency tonight? Anyone else getting bad latency? I'm usually get a constant 200ms, but tonight it spiked to 2000+ and constant 250-400ms. I've checked my DL limit and programs etc doesn't seem to be anything bothering it.Dangg6 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 That moment when... You kill Inferno Diablo, he (she?) drops about 7 rare and a Legendary helm, can't pick up because your pack is full, tell the boys to not finish the game, and one does, while I'm in town, selling/IDing loot, time runs bout before I can get back to pick up my sweet loot. Guess I'll never find out what that Legendary was... Oh well, guess I'll do it again!LightBringer13 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 anyone else having problems connecting? I've had to delete my game client and start from scratch. really annoying as you all know how long it takes to load all the parameters of this game. The US client wants to add a patch that sends it into an unending loop. The Europe client has no access at all. and ofcourse we live in the Asia-pacific rim so the Asia client tells me there is no internet connection. Kinda strange as its broadband and never disconnect from the router.Ikonsekh4 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Diablo 3 Wish List I thought I'd start this off to get feedback in a positive way to Blizzard. In another game I play, they have a spot on their forums called a Wish List. I'm sure we all have things we'd like to see implemented/changed, so why not try it here? RULES: 1. You may only post 1 wish a day 2. You may not comment on other peoples wishes. You're free to repeat the same wish though 3. Your wish must be phrased constructively 4. Your wish should be 25 words or less If we can keep this civil and follow the rules, I'm certain that our CM will see what we're saying and take it to those with the power to do something about it. Of course, I don't guarantee that everything, or even anything that is posted will be implemented, but if you don't try then you will never have a chance.ReiJin15 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Public Game Latency Issues Are there any other AUS/NZ players experiencing rather high latency in public games? I've spent the better part of the last hour trying to play, but the latency in public games is ~300ms higher than the usual 200 I get in solo play. The jumping, laging and rubber-banding makes the experience frustrating and unenjoyable. I've basically given up on playing in public games for now.Ruined0 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Calling all disbanded Camio Squad You know who you are, with the new patch out i thought you guys would be interested in getting online together like old times. We would have to find a new server but i think rev had one up his sleeve somewhere. anyway i am very keen to get back into regular prac sessions and hoping you guys are aswell.slackgaz2 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Am I just unlucky or is this normal? So I just played Hardcore Hell(lvl 54 wiz) from Fields of misery to Leoric's mansion. I fought about 10-15 elites and opened 3 resplendent chests and found 1 rare yellow item. Don't have much magic find on but still. Not complaining, just want to know if I just had a bad run? Brw, also have not found a legendary in SC or HC for 3 months of play. Did I anger someone? :)ReaVer6 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 Leaving HC trading gold HC 1:2 SC + item Recently lost my 3rd 60 to a dc and decided to give in due to the nature of the games setup and internet requirement. So im trading my gold and getting all the items cleared out looking for interest parties at a trade of my HC gold 1 to x2 your SC gold. Requesting that you trade first. Have around 2mil in stock add me if your interested. Creations#1504 Also have 1 or 2 items to giveaway if anyone would like them aswell some low level requirements bows etc.Creations0 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 This is unacceptable I sit here, unable to play, 41 hours after the server shut down, 31 hours after Americans were able to patch their games. I'm not able to patch my game because of the patching loop experienced by those who use the enSG client. I bought the boxed version distributed by Asiasoft, Blizzard's appointed distributor. In equivalent US Dollars, I paid more for it than American consumers (even the digital version direct from Blizzard is priced higher for Southeast Asians than for Americans). When shutting down, Battlenet recognised the ones with the enSG client as using the US servers. When patching, it treats us as equivalent to those using the Asian home server. Where is the logic in that? And so we have to wait until the Asian servers are up before we are allowed to patch. We are the first to have to stop playing and perhaps last in the world to get the patch. What is unacceptable is that this is not the first such incident. It has happened with all major patches so I don't understand why Blizzard has not rectified the issue. Why not patch the enSG client or something on your side to recognise that we are using the US home server? Despite all the compaints in this forum and the General Discussion forum, there has not been any acknowledgemen from Blizzard. No post to say "We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue". Worse, no apology for putting us through the long wait. Perhaps we do not have American consumer rights and so we can be sidelined and ignored. I am aware of the workaround posted by members of the community. But why should people like Narull (thanks for your efforts, buddy, I appreciate what you are doing) do Blizzard's work for them? I bought the boxed version because it would take me 2 to 3 days of continuous internet connection to download the game (I have a crappy internet connection/provider which disconnects 2 to 3 times a day) so the suggestion to re-install the enUS client and game is not feasible for me. As for editing files, I refuse to do that because I understand that this is against the terms of use. Note that Narull's workaround was stickied the previous patch and then quickly un-stickied. Blizzard cannot be seen to condone editing of any files in any way as this would lead to people finding all kinds of excuse/rationale to edit their files in future. I will only edit the files if it is an official post by a blizzard employee. Until then, I expect Blizzard to resolve this issue. A while ago, Dankorii (Support Forum Agent) in the Technical Support Forum suggested deleting the Agent and Updates folder but some players are reporting that is does not work for them. So I am still waiting for a permanent solution - besides waiting (im)patiently for the Asia servers to go back online. I repeat, this is unacceptable. We paid more and get the short end of the stick - maintenance is always done during our prime playing time. Unless Blizzard stops ignoring us, it is unlikely that I will buy another Blizzard game again (never say never, right?). I am not using this statement as a threat; rather I'm expressing my disappointment as a long time customer. I've played Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft and all its expansions, and WoW on and off since 2005.SGS102 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 26, 2012 MY RANT =P It seems that no matter how hard Blizzard try to meet the demands for improvement there are still people out there who are never satisfied in what's been, and in the game is not even 6 months old. I play Diablo 3 just for the enjoyment of the game and of course RMAH to pay for my Cappuccino addiction. But, sometimes I get really frustrated by some people who continually whine and cry over a game... The sad part is, it's the same group of people who continually whine and cry. Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to just leave the game all together and save your tears for something worth shedding tears for? And, please don't use that "I paid for the game.. blah blah this and blah blah that!" argument. Paid Digital Games is just like your Paid real life leisure activity, ie in Golf, if you are !@#$ at the game you don't go crying in front of the club management and ask for the entire course layout to change or ask for your money back... well some people do, but you just get laughed at. =P seriously, guys. Just enjoy the game and if you can't get an enjoyment out of it, then the game is not for you and the smart thing to do is look for another game, preferably (if money is an issue) something that is free to play. Okay, I'm done ranting for now. Go ahead and flame me while I get a drink and a popcorn. =PCylently3 Aug 26, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 LF aussie crafters Need a top level emerald cut, my mats, add me in game 100k tip. many thanks.DuaneDibly2 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Gameplay incrediblely LAG! I don't know it is the problem from TPG or Blizzard, have you guys been the same since 1.0.4?JamesQi12 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Making good out of a bad situation. So I was bidding on a 1k bow and having quite a bidding war, when I left it for a bit. Came back, bid 100k, and then the servers started playing up. Now I couldn't log in, and I heard that the US couldn't either. So I do the switch server trick, log in and now it's mine. 10k dps improvement. Did anyone manage to make some sort of killing on the AH due to weird servers?Regicold7 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 I swear to Allah I dodged that fireball... ... untill the server pulled me back right into it. Please, let us have our own servers. I don't want to have to roll a tank barb due to ping.Agreed1 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Another HC killer... Heads up, Reapstar is a HC killer, tried to get my self and another level 5 to go to the secret level, and then kept luring Blues to me for quite a while before leaving..sjwt0 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Where do I find my Authentication Key? So. My son gets two emails from Battlenet Taiwan 2 days ago. Only just discovered now. He hadn't logged on for 23 days. Tried to login, and Battlenet says no such account exists. So then he goes to password recovery and ditto, then to account recovery and ditto. So Now I have to put in a ticket from this account, and hopefully prove to them his Account is... his... I have the two boxes sitting on the table in front of me... Problem is I need to check which code I put into this account (as me) and which one he put into his account, as him... Also... how is he getting emails from Taiwan...? 2 days ago? was that when the breach in security happened...? Terrible feeling he has been hacked, don't want to say it is the case... Oh... I can check his profile right? His gear is still on his character, and my friends list says he has not logged in for 23 days... /frustrated.... don't even understand what is going on... edit: I mean... where on his account can he find it.redux2 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 14 minute lag spike! I was playing tonight with average ping of about 500 and 30 second lag spikes every 5 minutes or so, so I was having a pretty good night. Especially for a weekend. Decided to try Act 2 again after the patch, last time I tried I was lag-dying every 30 seconds or so. Anyways everything was going great, only died a couple of times, and then we reached Maghda. I ran up and swung my first hit then got a lag spike. After about 1 minute of everything being frozen but me, I figured that I was dead and went for a smoke. I came back from my smoke, everything was still frozen in the same place. I then went and made a coffee, came back and still everything was frozen. I then Alt-tabbed and checked the forums. I figured it would disconnect me eventually but no, went back into the game and waited. 14 minutes passed before it finally decided to catch up! When it did catch up it was funny, I died of course, but Maghda was killed so I completed the quest. Then 2 more quest windows popped up then disappeared (I completed those too) and everybody left the game. They must not have been happy with me having to wait the whole minute twice. Anyway I was just wondering how is it possible for the game to lag for this long when nothing was wrong with my internet connection? 14 minutes is a bit ridiculous. Anybody else had one this long, or longer? EDIT: I still did not get disconnected, after the spike I ran over and picked up Maghda's treasure, went to town and sold then quit...Jebus800 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Class Action? It's happened everywhere else, surely blizztard terms and conditions have a hole in them somewhere and they can be made accountable, hit em where it hurts $$$ Sorry Blizzard, this is just not acceptable in any way shape or form and you must take some responsibility for this mess you have created and failed to deliver to your consumers. You must respond to your customers with answers instead of hiding with your heads in the sand and hoping the problems will go away, fix it or give us all refunds as we are not your beta testers. That is all.FireFly12 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 Level 60 Monk and DH, looking for 2 more. Looking for some Aussies to come play Act I Inferno. A mate and I just got there last night so if you want to join add Seeeds#6154Seeeds0 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 25, 2012 LF BARB & DH for act 4 farm Skilled/geared Monk/WD are in need of two more people to join us in @!@*#! mobs up to Diablo, then of course say goodnight to Diablo himself. Add Hectabruth#1828 if interested. P.S need to be online for at least the next 3 hours.HectaBruth0 Aug 25, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Emergency Maintenance - 24/08/12 *Complete* *Update: Maintenance has concluded. See you in game! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The servers will be undergoing Emergency Maintenance, while this downtime is unexpected it is needed to fix current server issues. I know this sucks after all the issues many Aussies have had but lets try and keep our cool and be civil with each other and towards Blizzard. Remember this is not normal maintenance this is needed to fix the current problems, it is not planned and Blizzard will have the servers working ASAP. Server down will start at 10:30am PDT which is: 1:30pm - 3:30am Perth 3:00am - 5:00am Adelaide, Darwin 3:30am - 5:30am Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra 5:30am - 7:30am New Zealand You can work out your local time zone here: http://everytimezone.com/ Note that this maintenance will go for 2 hours, till 12:30pm PDT Lets keep it civil and show that while downtime does indeed suck, we can still be a good community! Taken from Service Status forums: ...Narull1 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 1.04 Suck Server !! GW2 coming!! I really really disappointed 1.04 still running this suck server ! DISAPPOINTED BZQgirl2 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Looking for Aussie HC players to skype with Lvl 44 WD. Looking for to HC and actually talk to people so we can move at a decent pace, not to fast, not to slow. Up to start of ACT3 Nightmare Don't put skype addresses here.Wazza2 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 My Thoughts I entered a thread on the general discussion board titled 'my thoughts'. It's too long to add here so thought I'd come tell my fellow Aussies about it. It's a long read so i apologise, but I look forward to any discussion from it.HazePhaze4 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Just killed Diablo on Inferno That's all. Now there's maintenance so I'm going to bed. Oh well guess I'll have to farm whimsy tomorrow. G.nighttEhgo0ch1 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Criminal For the last 3 days I've had game play interupted or not available. Whatever the terms are this is totally unacceptable. I paid good money for this game only to be treated as a second class citizen. Never again. You guys are amatuers!SilentReeper3 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Can anyone is AU log in to Diablo now??? I can't log into my diablo and It said there's an error during game account logon ( Error 3006) and I have been tried for couples of time but It still on the same issue. Sometime it shows that there's an error with retrieving hero list?? How can I fix that problem??Echo20 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Da#@%?? Retrieving Hero List.. Anyone else stuck on this?? and error 3006?ujellybuddy82 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 A few questions (while we are waiting) Hi, Seen as though we are all waiting for the servers to come back online, i have a few questions that im hoping you all can help me out with please. Firstly i dont play public games, i mainly play solo, with the occasional mate jumping in every now and then. Also i refuse to use the AH being a diehard Diablo fan from the beginning to where i want to find it myself and not buy it !!! Also please note im only up to Act 3 in Hell. Ok........ 1. When do the jeweler and blacksmith set item plans start dropping ? At what level do they begin ? 2. Any tips on a build for a Wizard ? Im stuck with her at fighting Diablo in Nightmare atm. 3. Does anyone know if Blizzard have any plans with what you can do with all of your excess blacksmith & jeweler plans, I have a heap stored now that i have no use for ? 4. Does Blizzard have any plans with upgrading the ingame vendors , because every single item is worthless they sell and a waste of time. 5. Any tips for farming in Hell for better items ? 6. How do you stop those damn goblins from jumping through their portal even though you are hitting them ? Thanks :)Scat426 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 enSG server back to normal, enUS still not. Hey Guys, just letting you guys know that enSG server is back to normal now but enUS.Elevens11 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Diablo broken in AUNZ Prime Time ... Again Tuesday: down during aussie prime time for patching. Thursday: down during aussie prime time for patching. Friday: down during aussie prime time due to blizzard fail. Can you please sort this out Blizz? Mike Morhaime's words from a couple of months ago are sounding pretty hollow.Gumlass7 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Epic Fail! They should have put on the box, game may or may not work and mostly wont! Some debugging required! ----------------- Not one cent you will ever get from me again! Guild wars 2 starts in a few hours. Maybe they can make a game that works as Blizzard cant!Ozzyla18 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Important: Tonights issues - "Breaking news" For those that don't seem to see the Breaking News in the game client (probably because of enSG client). Current news: ...smurfynz45 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 login 43 times in a row already... I have never played an online game that is as rediculous as this one... i know and understand updates for online games are a good point for people to continue to enjoy the game for more improvements... but since the release date... (the day I bought the game) it has been too much fails already... I always liked blizzard games I enjoyed D2 alot as well... I even bought another D3 disc for my partner to play wif me but what is going on?!! after the 3 day wait and now seems like people can patch but what.... the last time I attempt to log in before this thread was the 43rd time in a row and couldn't log in..... its really getting on my nerves... Friday night... prime time.... after a week of stressful work time... I can't play a GAME I PAID for because it won't let me log in........Tenshinokoe0 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Games STATUS Blizzards, How hard is it to at least update the forums with current issues so the community does not have to go fishing for info.Madman25 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Game Still Doesnt Work I have at last got patch 1.0.4 to load but now game is stuck at loading Hero List... So I still can't play D3. Blizzard = Hopeless Customer Service.Iceman19 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Serving shutting down again in 20 mins? Can anyone tell me how long the server is shutting down for this time please ? Thanks CraigScat42121 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 This Still Persists? So I decided to check out the latest D3 patch after reading over some of the system changes that Blizzard finally made. I, along with many other friends, stopped playing after the first two weeks of the games release. I had my reasons, but I decided to give D3 another go. After 30 minutes of play, I'm still of the same opinion that nothing has been fixed for the AUS/NZ community. How do you guys still put up with the rubber-banding? It's absolutely atrocious. Fundamentally, I like the system changes. But the playability is still non-existent. It isn't enjoyable at all. Bouncing around, latency spiking from 170 all the way up to 700ms, basically to my death. I don't know how you guys can put up with it.Ruined6 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Server login load? I keep getting dropped in game with the same error message! Why can we even stay logged in? what's up with that!sjwt0 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 When are we going to get some answers? When is someone from blizzard going to be open and honest with us about what is going on, the last couple of days there have been untold problems with the latest patch and even after it comes out the servers are taken down. For starters when is the game going to be playable again?RobboCrow8 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 why cant i stay logged in? i log into my profile and the stay logged in tab is ticked but when i come back a few hours later im logged out and i have to log back in again everytime. it is so annoying!. Anyone have this issue. most forums alow you to stay logged in forever.Willow1 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Legendary Items we'd lol to see I remember similar discussions back on D2 and some were pretty good. At the moment I'm going with a Vorpal Sword of 3006. Beware, it bites the hand that wields it.Chitaracainz1 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Patch issues Anyone else having problems patching?? Mine tells me its going to patch then it tells me my game is up to date but when I log in again it tells me I need a patch and around in circles we go. Any advise please? I've already checked the firewall settings. CheersDuffyMilton5 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 SERVERS ARE FULL! QUEUING AGAIN...WHY? Why is this happening? Got a queuing countdown saying 12min and patiently waited while it counted down.....only to still be queuing because servers are full. Why?HAYROG9 Aug 24, 2012
Aug 24, 2012 Server Functioning! At least for me anyway. Although I got booted when I joined a friend's game to give him something - not sure whats up with that. Just a heads up!Kaljyn0 Aug 24, 2012