Aus/NZ General Discussion

Sep 10, 2015 Sever damage Is sever last hit damage real or is just for display? With the advent of re-worked shadow set I might try that weapon again, if damage actually counts.Cex2 Sep 10, 2015
Sep 9, 2015 Chucking a Sickie let's play some d3! I am genuinely sick though. horrible cold. now who wants to smash some demons and save the universe?MrMojoRisin4 Sep 9, 2015
Sep 9, 2015 I have a theory... That if you pass BIS un-IDed items to others to ID, there's a better chance of them being ancient. Over the past month, I've passed unIDed Kridershots, Yangs and Calamities to my bro and 3 out of 4 of these have turned out to be ancient... one of each too! In a way, this makes up for all the SMKs and ancient weapons he's passed me in 2.2 but I just find it really uncanny how 3 of the 4 BIS weapons for a DH that I've passed to him in unIDed form have been ancient and decent rolls too.Mugsy5 Sep 9, 2015
Sep 9, 2015 Anyone Else having Horrendous Luck? Since the beginning of last season I have found my luck in this game to be better then average. Last season it took a few days to get geared up enough to push into the leader boards but then everyone I knew lost interest so in turn so did I. But this season I've decided to continue with my wizard toon that I messed around with last season and am finding it the hardest thing I've ever done.. Last season I could solo up to 45~ and usually with ease. This season the build path seems to be Archon being the better Wizard build so i decided to start with that... And here i am 5 days into the expansion and I have a 1 Set of Archon.. So this is more of a rant on how bad my luck is and wondering if anyone else is having as much of a hard time as I am?Aerlion15 Sep 9, 2015
Sep 8, 2015 Aus server back to US server ? With all these DC's was wondering how to go back to US server from Aus server ?grogan7 Sep 8, 2015
Sep 8, 2015 Lf1m to farm 60-66 gtr rifts Currently running a team of 3 and we arnt going for records just gem leveling and exp farming. currently have healing monk, wd/ep monk, hota barb. require skype Would like another hota barb, but a wd/dh/monk wouldnt be knocked back. playtimes vary, but on all today Edit: username to contact is on the left, but for convince malthus#1351Malthus1 Sep 8, 2015
Sep 7, 2015 Liking the purpose of each activity in 2.3 I'm quite liking the purpose behind each of the main activities in 2.3... Bounties: gathering of legendary mats for most part and farming of machines. Speedy builds best here. Rifts: probably the most efficient area for farming up DBs due to more frequent elites. Also needed for GR keys. A fast, heavy hitting build with sages set best here. Greater Rifts: where we push ourselves, solo or group, as well as upgrade our legendary gems. Your choice of dps or zdps. Ubers: nice break from all the other stuff once we have a good number of machines... so we can farm up organs to make hellfire ammys. Again, your choice of dps or zdps... but T10 still a tad too easy depending on the team. Town: where, after sufficient farming, our theory crafting comes to life. The cube has been an amazing addition give us some form of control to get upgrades (through a lot of farming) if RNG hasn't been on our side. All I can say is "Good work Blizzard!". The game has a lot more variety and the different activities now demands more thought into builds. Now, after 27 reforges of my pre 2.2 GoO, I need to get back to more split bounties!Mugsy3 Sep 7, 2015
Sep 7, 2015 Help Boost me to level 70 Hi can any one help me to get to level 70 on a seasonal feel free to add me MRTIGER666#1443MRTIGER6660 Sep 7, 2015
Sep 7, 2015 My erm, highest solo Grift is 41... I'm so embarrassed. I'll partly blame my RNG. I've never been able to set up any of my toons for optimum solo greater rifts. Next, well, I've been a bit slack, preferring to group up with my friends and clanner's for GR's. Done plenty of GR50+ group runs in the past. I have tried GR's solo higher than GR41, but every time I have tried, I have ended up with the worst maps. Vacant of any elites, long tunnels with no targets then long run backs at dead ends. and, erm, yeah, I'm clutching for excuses here. Hopefully my Del's Wizard can rectify the situation, or maybe my HotA barb. All I need is a good map and a bit of luck. Feel free to help suggest changes to any of my toons for GR solo win!Asmodeous16 Sep 7, 2015
Sep 4, 2015 Difficulties and drop rates... For those who haven't seen this, it's a pretty good overview of drop rates for various things at each difficulty level: Full thread over at reddit: Sep 4, 2015
Sep 4, 2015 T10 speed farming builds Doing bounties in prime time is gonna be more important than ever in 2.3 as we build up our stock of new leg mats so a speed farming build will be more important than ever. So, I figure this could be a place to post speed farming builds that we find or create ourselves. I kinda like this WD Firewall speed farming build as it focuses on an old favourite spell... Firewall: I wanted to make a fire based, caster WD anyway with the Helltooth set so this works pretty well for me.Mugsy15 Sep 4, 2015
Sep 4, 2015 Random Disconnects on AU server Hi All Im seeing random disconnects from the server. No loss of internet, I asked 7S clan and appears that others are experiencing same issue I asked ISP and they are saying optus, telstra, iinet. This is at least different routes, I suspect there is an issue on the AU servers somewhere, Im told that this is reported on rededit. Is this something Blizzard are aware of and resolving? getting dangerous in hardcore, TO me it appears to have been since that ninja patch to look for crashed bounties, highlander .Highlander2314 Sep 4, 2015
Sep 3, 2015 Error 317002 Anyone else getting this error when trying to create or join any game in any difficulty/mode?Kontomble12 Sep 3, 2015
Sep 3, 2015 Revamped sets... confirmed! From the reddit discussion: ... ... As someone who ran an alt melee DH in vanilla, I am super stoked that I'll be able to make one for end game play again (or at least that sounds like the plan). Using a sword and being limited to skills like grenades, chakram, impale, and spiked traps really changed things around. My old build consisted of heavy cost reduction of chakram (down to 1 hatred... which would have been great to have had Taeguk around) for my main attack, and then impale for my secondary stronger attack and there would be an emphasis on vaulting around to avoid getting hit too so this set looks to bring that old style of play back for me (esp since chakram is decent AOE esp with seething hatred quiver keeping the skill going). But I do hope they give the DH a shield of some sort... by all means allow us to equip quivers with swords, but who the hell uses a sword with a quiver? Do we need to open a can of Chewbacca defense on the devs? :-PMugsy7 Sep 3, 2015
Sep 3, 2015 Please Support my Build Please support my DiabloFans Build I posted K thanks! ;) Cheers NeKNeK4 Sep 3, 2015
Sep 2, 2015 Looking For Heal Monk - 60+ GR 4 Player Title says it all pretty much. I'm currently rank 44 solo Monk and our 3 player group is seeking a 4th to push the leaderboards just for a little bit of fun. Just reply here or whisper me in-game. Please don't come to me if you don't have the required gear to do said role.MartyrB2 Sep 2, 2015
Sep 1, 2015 Looking for Aussie Players On PC Hi all im looking for aussie player on pc to play with please feel free to add me Battletag MRTIGER666#1443MRTIGER6661 Sep 1, 2015
Sep 1, 2015 someone to play with Hey im new to this game is there anyone who wants to level a character with me :)justin4 Sep 1, 2015
Aug 31, 2015 Anyone interested in BB and PR runs? I have a stash full of Bovine Bardiches and Puzzle rings in NS I need to clear to delete another NS character for a season slot. If you are interested let me know in this thread. I'll be doing the runs @ TX from 6:30pm aest today. GLHF.Jsachun2 Aug 31, 2015
Aug 31, 2015 Ubers fun again So tried Ubers once more after a long hiatus as RoS ubers was no fun before 2.3, it was so easy that elites gave me a harder time then those ubers soloing. Tried it with Nick, Alan and Asmodeous last night. 3 Barbs and a DH. Its fun again, but only if you do it in TX. Will probably do some tonight as well after a few bounty and KW runs. Tried my hand on GR52 solo last night, the bar progression was really slow after killing mobs even for elites.jtcdgroup9 Aug 31, 2015
Aug 31, 2015 Hopes for 2.4... I think everyone agrees that 2.3 is definitely a step in the right direction with Kanai's cube helping free up some much needed room and adding some variety to builds that are overly dominated by 6pc sets. Personally, I still find stash and inventory space to be on the scarce side. Using the usual setup of having at least 2 toons per class and one to hold items, I'm still overflowing onto the other toon by quite a bit. And that's after cubing the bulk of those hardly used non-ancient items. I hope the devs continue with a game changing addition in the next patch... but personally, I'd like to see an addition to the wardrobe that lets us store builds so we can swap between different builds easily. It would be good if the wardrobe could store the items for our builds too helping free up space used my sets. Given that there are 6 classes and 4 sets per class, it would be great to see the wardrobe hold 6 builds per class seeing how some sets have got multiple high end build variations and there are zpds builds. We've got the cube to look at all the legendary powers we've found... I'd like to see the wardrobe let us bask int he glory of all the sets we've completed!Mugsy2 Aug 31, 2015
Aug 30, 2015 The disconnecting blues... I've never been so disgruntled from a disconnect before, but i nearly smashed my screen just now. Long story short, I got lucky enough for a treasure goblin to open up a portal to The Vault. Running my way through, grabbing the gold being dropped as well as the mountain of gems and blood shards. I get to the inner sanctum and then...DC. the boss room...on a gold run... That's...just... Thank you SO much Australian internet, you just cost me 7 million gold, a mountain of gems, a dozen Death's Breaths and 100 easy blood shards. THANK. YOU. 7 million...bloody heck I really could have used that to upgrade my gems. Anyone else had a DC story? Something tells me this is just bad luck at its worst.NightKnight3 Aug 30, 2015
Aug 30, 2015 LF Carry to 70 seasonal. title says it all. if you can help out and maybe let me follow for a couple rifts to get some items that would be amazing. in return i will keep[ you on my list and will do the same in return. my add is JURO88#6255. Just write forum in the request. thanks for your time. i also have skype and TS if you want to chat while you help out :DJURO881 Aug 30, 2015
Aug 29, 2015 Massive Lag and Disconnections On this server since season 4 start? Anyone else getting constant d/cs? Can't even complete 5 bounties before it d/cs also massive latency spikes.Mike3 Aug 29, 2015
Aug 29, 2015 SEASON 4 STARTING IN 1 HOUR NEED PEOPLE Looking for people to start the season with and play through until we gear up our first characters. Add Me and message me NikSosa#1253. Make sure you message me so i know you are there from this post.NikSosa5 Aug 29, 2015
Aug 29, 2015 And im waiting So in Perth, i got up at 7 am to get cracking on a full day of killing toons... but i have this problem it says waiting.... and that's it. its not uploading I've reset twice and its just been sitting there over 2 hours ish....... anyone else getting this?Zhool0 Aug 29, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 LF WDs/Monks/Barbs S4 lf fast leveling group add and joinElDiablo0 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 Season 4 start time for oceanic server. If i'm not mistaken, it's 29th 10:00 am Saturday(+10 gmt). I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Should be a sticky somewhere temporarily.Malthus7 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 lf 1 more at 10am tommorow just looking for another person to join me and 2 mates lvling, starting 10am gonna run hard and just spam rifts probly all day. got 2 monks and a barb atm but anything welcome!madlyf2 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 LF for HC players for Day 1 launch Hey I'm looking to group up with 3 others to level on launch on HC. Im playing a Crusader so other Saders welcome for loot sharing. if you don't want to grind solo then hit me up Sasha#6803sasha1 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 Patch synchronization problems So i started doing the latest patch, Started downloading it at a decent speed but now its stopped at 0 B/s even tho it is downloading I know it's downloading because when i pause & then start it again the amount done has dropped, I had the same problem when i first got Diablo 3 put on the PC doing all the previous amount of patches before this latest one.BlackDwarf0 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 Would like some players to run with HC Giving HC a bit of a crack this season along with some SC. Sick of soloing HC . have cleared a 48 but would like to go higher and solo is a bit boring to be honest. Aiming to complete the speed racer achievement too. Feel free to add me as friend for some runs. Kiwi player CheersAchillies1 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 28, 2015 Whose doing S4 and what mode? So who is going to do S4 come Saturday morning? I will most likely do SC as usual for S4, either going Monk or WD. Meta has not changed and group is a must to level faster. Anyone is welcome to join me on Saturday morning for some S4 leveling.jtcdgroup10 Aug 28, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 Highly active Hardcore Clan. Join us! Hardcore Relentless Heroes Clan HCRH is looking for more members! Our Community consists of highly active hardcore players of all skill levels. Right now anyone can join as long as you are actively playing hardcore. We do prefer that our members use teamspeak while online, and you need to be active since inactive members are removed from the clan. Our clan is near full capacity and has players active at all hours of the day. Every member has been online within the last 7 days. When I say we are active I mean it :) To join the clan add my battletag (Dizease#1325) in game or request clan invite on D3 by searching for the clan "HCRH" Thanks! Below are some of the benefits we have for our members: -350+ Member Teamspeak 3 Server -Professional Website -Experienced Approachable Leadership -An Active Community That Supports Multiple Games -Long-term Dedication and Success -Knowledge Of Games And Ability to Utilize The Knowledge To Help Others -Great Social Network -A lot Of Clan Spirit -Great Teamwork Teamspeak: Website: Battletag: Dizease#1325 If our clan is full and all players are active within the last 7 days. If you are interested in joining us please join the community "Hardcore Relentless" and we will recruit players from this community before searching elsewhere when new spots open up. We will continue to remove inactive players that reach 7 days of inactivity so please be patient and we will get you in as soon as we can :) Currently 3 spots are available in clan.Dizease8 Aug 27, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 Xbox one hardcore GT - alienz420 Xbox one legit players onlystickykush0 Aug 27, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 Season 4. What class will you roll Came back towards end of season 3. looking forward to Season 4 starting this weekend, but can't decide on what class to start with. Hopefully easy enough to find some ANZ players to level with. What class do you recommend and why,BradBradley0 Aug 27, 2015
Aug 27, 2015 Bounty tips... 1. Split farming gives you bonus cache. So split farm. 2. Don't do non-bonus acts and not claim thinking you can claim later when the bonus will move to that act. Game will auto claim for that act before you can complete any other act. So ALWAYS start with the Act that has a bonus cache else you'll rob yourself of a bonus cache. 3. Do in T7 if you're doing bounties in a group... as we're split farming and infernal machines won't drop unless everyone is in the area, choose T7 so you clear faster. For farming machines in groups, you all go to to the KW areas together on T10. 4. Don't activate bandit shrines when you're alone. Get everyone to TP to you first ;-) Happy farming guys and gals!Mugsy18 Aug 27, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 Looking for swag lords for season 4 Need some peeps to play season 4 release with me. Gonna be playing from season opening 10am Saturday until some time Monday morning probably if anyone wants aboard the hype train. Hit me up Spinal#1421. Pref at least 1x cute girl.Spinal6 Aug 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 This close to patch... what will you do? OK with the upcoming patch... gem upgrades will only come via successful completion of a GR and your GR selection will be current PB GR +1 You peeps reckon it is better time spent (monday and tuesday) upgrading best GR or using up GR50+ keys for gem upgrades? ATM i am leaning towards the latter - currently have GR46 as my best solo complete... could prolly get to gr49 tonight... but i think getting more gems upgraded above 37 will be of greater benefit to me - highest gems atm are lvl44... Who's up for some runs? Have fun :)NickBaldyM7 Aug 26, 2015
Aug 26, 2015 Why ancient items and Kanai's cube are needed OK, this is just my thoughts and I'm sure I'm not the first to reach this conclusion. So a few patches back, when we hit the one end game set our class had and found the BIS weapon for the top build, that was it. Some power creep obviously needed if the cap was to be raised. So ancient items were introduced... but the discrepancy between an ancient item and non-ancient was too high, so the grind for a BIS ancient item started and for some of us, we're still looking for that item. Now come's Kanai's cube which both reduces the dilemma of the power creep gap (i.e. keep with a normal BIS build defining weapon or switch to a generic ancient weapon?) and then raises things again for those of us luck to have two build defining weapon powers to use. Now, we'll need to see how patch 2.3 goes but I'm confident that, provided it's bug free, we're gonna see the Diablo 3 experience redefined. The other thing I'm looking forward to as much as cubing all those legendaries I've been holding onto but probably won't ever use is that I might just get an interesting Hardcore experience on a fresh account. I think it'll be 3 months of NS SC gaming to cube all that stuff and collect the new sets and items... but then I'm gonna put a little time into Hardcore on my alt account to prep it for Season 5. I think Kanai's will make HC game mode more interesting where losing your gear and starting over is part of the fun... except now you can keep various legendary powers in the cube and use them even when wearing all rare items! Anyway, we're all super excited about what's coming in D3! Keep up the good work devs :-)Mugsy2 Aug 26, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 Maintenance Tuesday 25/08/15 *Complete* Maintenance is now complete and patch 2.3.0 has been released on the Americas servers. Read what's new here: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Greetings all, We will be having scheduled server maintenance week. Even with the ANZ server we have to keep the same US server maintenance times, this is to enable us to still be linked to the US so we can still play with each other. On Tuesday (25/08/15) we will be having server maintenance. Which is expected to last 4 hours total, this is done to maintain the servers and do any general fixes etc. This weeks maintenance should apply the between season patch, however this has not been 100% confirmed by Blizzard yet. Server down will start at 5:00am PDT which is: Australia & New Zealand times: Tuesday 25/08/15 8:00pm - 12:00am Perth 9:30pm - 1:30am Darwin, Adelaide 10:00pm - 2:00am Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Hobart, Canberra 12:00am - 4:00am New Zealand Additional time zones can be found here: Note that this maintenance will go for 4 hours, till 9:00am PDT (Barring any unforeseen issues that may extend maintenance) Also remember that blizzard does this while there is the least amount of connected players on the US servers, while it is unfortunate that it falls in a good play time for ANZ it has to be done. From the service status forums: ... ________________________________________________ Twitter: @Narull | ANZ MVP There not spelling mistakes, Im speaking 'Ye Olde English'Narull6 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 S4 Release (Southern Victorians) Event Hey guys, Just wanted to let people know about a small scale release event for Season 4 at my shop "Hasty Gamers" in Hastings on the Mornington Peninsula. Giving away Razer Kraken Pro Headset (valued over $170) for the first lvl 70 Hardcore plus a plethora of other great prizes! If you are interested please hit up the event page on Facebook! Thanks, happy hunting in Sanctuary and good luck!hellsing0 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 24, 2015 If there's another expansion... Will you go to another launch event that will likely be held at Sydney? I missed the RoS one and had I been diligent with planning work travel at that time, I could have been down at Sydney for it. If there's a second expac, I'll probably venture along to any launch event.Mugsy4 Aug 24, 2015
Aug 23, 2015 LF Dedicated Players for a team in s4 Looking for people who have the time to put in 10+ hours a day across atleast the first month of season 4, yes the no lifers :P please if you have any interest in the team talk to me, already have a couple of possibles but am seeking to fill the team and have extras aswell. Looking to push high across the season in both team and solo rankings.Alpacakappa3 Aug 23, 2015
Aug 22, 2015 The countdown... Season 3 ends Monday 10am AEST Patch 2.3 will be playable (assuming 4hrs is sufficient maintenance time) on Wednesday 2am AEST. Since I've done all the prep I want to do before the patch, I think I'll try to get the HOTS pennant - lol. Gotta remember to craft a Sages helm and boots for my DH before the patch hits though. At least this time, I'm not overseas or anything like when the AH was turned off.Mugsy2 Aug 22, 2015
Aug 21, 2015 Communities and fansites worth a look I notice that a lot of players are unaware of the resources out there. Some local communities: 1337 OCE ANZ ANZ Ubers Other communities: T6 legit rifters soon to be TX P800s50g60 Various class communities Season 3 legit will change to s4 likely Many others such as bounties, grifts etc Fansites: Diablo on reddit Diablo fans Diablo progress D3ladderAzza2 Aug 21, 2015
Aug 20, 2015 HOTA looking good for 2.3 Did this after working out a good build with some fellow HOTA nuts on the PTR. Grift 56 cleared first go. Will be pushing to 60 this weekend. Highest anybody has cleared with HOTA so far is 63. And we still have another buff to roll out on the PTR (IK6 from 100% to 250% bonus). All gear and skills shown at the end. Enjoy. Aug 20, 2015
Aug 18, 2015 For those that don't know... I've run a few games where people hadn't read these points about 2.3 so I thought I'd post them here: - Mats: yeah, we're short on blues and DBs so the vanilla blues and Demonic Essences (yes, the ones that our old tomes got turned into) will be converted to arcane dust and Death's Breaths respectively. Yours truly only kept 1000 DEs due to space issues so yes, I'm kicking myself for vendoring 4k worth of DEs. - Firewall: that iconic Sorceress spell from D2 makes a return as a rune on the WD's reworked Wall of Death skill. Yeah, I know, it's not on the wizard but wizards have got mammoth hydras that hits harder and with the cube, every wizard can run double Hydras more or less (unless you haven't farmed an SS). Here's some gameplay of a fire caster WD: - Save some good crit chance less items: So we all know FnR are the rings to use. But with the cube, Broken Promises will be a viable power to use. Quin69 has already showcased such a build with the Uliana's set: Basically, if you run with the base 5% crit chance, it's easy to get 5 consecutive hits that don't crit to proc the effect. You then need to be able to spam an insane number of hits in 3 seconds. I foresee the slowball build adapting to this setup and switching to 1H xbows to get the APS up. Basically we're gonna see builds created that go without crit chance on gear and stack CHD and either CDR or IAS depending on the way the build works.Mugsy8 Aug 18, 2015
Aug 18, 2015 How to prepare for patch 2.3 A very good set of tips on how to prepare for patch 2.3 in this thread. If you havent had a chance to PTR, I recommend checking it out. Having spent a bit of time in the 2.3 PTR, Death Breaths will be the most sort after mat in 2.3. So farm them if you are running a bit short. Am currently using up my rift keys speed farming T6 and doubling up with death breaths with this build: If you dont run a barb, its just a matter of trying to get the sage set into a good T6 speed farming build for that x2 DB bonus. Cheers CC123CC1238 Aug 18, 2015
Aug 17, 2015 D3 RoS for xbox 360... Hey guys, Recently picked this up due to internet going down for 1 week at one stage so I wouldnt die of bordom lol, few things I wanted to know... 1. What patch is 360 currently running... 2. What build for each Character was best to run during said patch? Thanks in advance! Cotea.Cotea6 Aug 17, 2015