Technical Support

Aug 22, 2012 D3 no longer prompting for Authenticator code When I launch D3, I type my email, and my blizzard password. Before the patch, I'd get promted to enter my authenticator code. Now it just logs me in without it. Is this an issue? I still need to use my auth code to login to the blizzard sites/battle.net/etc. But not for the game. WTF? Note: NA ServersValentine961 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Changed Language, Updater trying to reinstall Hey guys, I'm stuck in the loop with patch 1.04 and was trying to do a fix. I read on one that said changing your language would fix the problem. I changed the game to Spanish, and what it is trying to do now is fully re-install the game... I don't want to sit and wait for the whole thing to download in spanish, just to change it back to english... Is there anyway I can change the installer back to English, and just log back in...? Please help!!!Dave2 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Diablo III has stopped working Hi I'm can't log into Diable III as apparently your new patch is out, but it keeps saying that Diablo III has stopped working...to either close the program or check online. But when I double click Diablo III, it says game is up to date, and I click on Play, which I then try to enter battlenet. It then says Patch required, and I click ok, but then a pop up says that it has stopped working. I need help.Ben19728 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Appcrash after i start the game it says it will start after it download the new patches than it gives this error: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Diablo III.exe Application Version: 1.0.3.10485 Application Timestamp: 4fee5e3c Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00022272 OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: c2a8 Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f Additional Information 3: 4e43 Additional Information 4: 4e438566b631188f6798ec953c18f1dc Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt Please, helpOsaysan5 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 can not start i try and try to install the new patch out it just will not let meschembri0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 starting onec you start the game and install the patch 1.04 it turns off and you try it again it dose the same thingschembri0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Graphic freeze, issues and possible fixes >>Note: read the number points below for the fixes!!<< The past 3 weeks or so I had a peculiar problem with my in game graphics. When things would load up in certain places, like when I approached an elite pack or a new group of enemies, the game would "stop" for 1 or 2 full seconds. My computer is high end so it did not make sense to me, and I dug through the forum for some fixes. Please note that this is NOT the rubberbanding issue that is stickied - this is a completely different type of graphical lag and has nothing to do with an internet connection. Some people have issues with older or slower hard drives, which will affect their performance when there's not enough physical RAM to load the game fully; the stickied blue post describes a possible fix for this which is to disable indexing on your hard drive, which is just a file that makes searching faster. I tried two fixes and one of them worked wonders on my lag - I wanted to share it here for people that are trying to fix the issue themselves and don't want to dig through every thread in this forum, it's listed first. The other fixes may help depending on your computer type, I'm going to list those too. 1) Disable in game FPS limits by setting them to zero in the config file (this is what worked for me): http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978349974?page=7#123 Pgar08 posted the results of his troubleshooting and came up with this fix. In short, he attempted changing the values inside the Diablo 3 startup config that is located in Start Menu > Documents > Diablo III > D3Prefs.txt, then he changed 4 values to numbers that you cannot change them to in the game options menu: LimitForegroundFPS "0" MaxForegroundFPS "0" LimitBackgroundFPS "0" MaxBackgroundFPS "0" After you do this, save the file, then right click it again and go to its Properties, then change the read-only attribute on the bottom to be checked (you want it on). This is necessary because when D3 boots back up it will try to change these values back to valid ones in the interface (hope they patch in these values so this workaround isn't necessary!) Keep in mind that you will need to uncheck that read-only box if you want to change settings again in the future. 2) Put the MPQ files on a flash drive and make the game load them from there: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5642269402 This fix is very involved and only recommended as a last resort, because many factors are involved. If your hard drive is truly the source of your freezing and lag (you need to test to make sure this is true), this can help you. Check out the linked thread for the process, but here's some things that weren't mentioned that are very important: - don't run the USB drive through a hub, it will decrease read speed - make sure you have the fastest USB drive you can get (if your computer is newer and has access to USB 3.0, make sure to get a drive that supports it, the speed increase is gigantic!) - avoid bargain USB drives which tend to be made with slower flash memory cells, go for brands that advertise the speed of the drive - stay at 16 GB or under on the drive, since many drives that go above this limit tend to run slower Take note that having a solid state drive is an even better solution, since your read speeds will be through the roof. 3) Various software tweaks to make hard drive access faster: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5978349974 That fix focuses on disabling indexing in Windows which can run in the background while you play the game. This is a hit or miss issue, because systems with many more files and changes to those files will run the background indexer more often, and in general if this causes graphical lag it will resolve eventually as you play the game. That being said it doesn't hurt to give it a try and see what happens. Also, try to think about what else is running on your computer and how that will affect your hard drive in the background. If you like to listen to streaming music for example, that will constantly be downloading/writing, and could result in freezes. Virus scanners are notorious for this as well, put them in silent/gaming mode or just shut them completely off when you play. Don't leave web browsers open as they will decrease your available physical memory (this will make the game have to load from hard drive more often), and if you're unfortunate enough to have your game crash, it can run slower until a reboot due to memory not being cleared after the crash. If anyone else has fixes that aren't mentioned in the 3 points above PLEASE post them, since I still get small intermittent freezes; I am comfortable just attributing these to caching for now.Crysalim0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Latest Patch wont download i start the game it says game is up to date go to log in and then it tell me the latest patch will now be installed etc closes the game restarts the client and doesnt download anything and just keeps reocurring any ideas how to fix this?Asassinator15 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 1.0.4 Patch Size Does anyone know how large 1.0.4 is? Laugh if you like but im currently on like 1mb connection and if the patch is like 1 gig it would take me a long time to download it, so id rather go to a friends house to do that quickly. Any kind soul knows the size of the patch? CheersJinglyGoo2 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Vsync enabled fps drops to 30 This is a recent thing that has started happening possibly because i have upgraded to a GTX 670 but it only started happening after a couple of days of playing. Anyways my fps keeps dropping to 30 and the way to get it back up to 60 is to alt-tab out of diablo and go back in. I have disabled Max & Min fps limits in the options.ToastedEggs21 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 HOW TO FIX THE PATH LOOP FOR AUSTRALIA Go to battle.net and download the game client, it will go as normal but then it will only download the patch, Its around 2gb, i just did this and am currently playing :)Choofwang0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 failed to D/L info about the next patch error hi i followed these steps (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669#new-post) and updated the database file...i relaunched and now getting this error... has anyonne else had the same issue? I cant even reply to the thread cos its maxed... failed to download information about the next patch. Check your network connection.yiTOWN0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 RMTAH is currently unavailable? server status says its up ? ah button is grayed out and says thatJIBBERDEFLIB18 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Patch problem? So, I have done patching the game. But every time I try logging into the game, it kept asking me to patch in order to play.. Is there any way to fix this?Ice7 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Cannot download 1.0.4."Game is up to date" I have an US client(cannot provide screenshot,but...I CHECKED the account tab:))) But I cannot play the game. I launch the game but after~3 seconds after checking ,the launcher is showing the "Game is up to date",although I didn't download the patch. Again,although I have English(US)client and I play on the US server(yes,I did check the Options),the breaking news tab is showing that the maintenance will take place from 5AM CEST(Central Europe Summer Time) to 15:00 PM CEST. I find it really awkward that I have an US client with the US server selected but the Breaking News are in CEST and again Cannot download the patch.IoanaV3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Massive Latency spikes I've been playing through a wireless connection for a couple days cause i moved my computer to a different room, and have been having crazy latency issues. not really a surprise. But today I bought a new ethernet cable long enough to reach and the problem is persisting. its really bad. i was in A1 checking out skills and whatnot and actually had a legendary drop, i spent ten minutes waiting with nothing moving (i could see stationary animations but nothing was happening) when everything caught up i was dead but was able to pick it up :) i was sure to turn off the wireless router and i can stream videos surf the web ect. wow has some latency issues but nothing like i'm having in D3. none of this happened before i moved everything to this room and hooked up wirelesslyMeshif0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Breaking News not showing Hi there, Hoping for either a blue or a fellow player to assist with this one. Ive tried checking settings and if Ive missed something I apologise, but Since the game installed a little over a week ago I havent had the "Breaking news" window come up on my login screen at all, ever. Just wondering what the cause might be? Used to be a regular wow player and saw it all the time, and keep seeing references to notices placed there on the forums but Ive not seen it yet. Thanks in advance for the help.Scrubberdub2 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Breaking News Window not Showing Hey Everyone With the Patch on 7/15 - The breaking news window is not showing on the login screen. I've seen a screen shot from a mate to confirm its not there. Is there a setting in the account, or something in game i need to enable to see the window? WOuld appreciate any input. OrkOrkon7 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Log in Issue I have to reset my password every time I log in. "Our system has detected a change in your access pattern and your account has been locked. Additional verification is required for you to log in. Please select your verification method:"Dman1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Overpover vs Revange Why Revenge can be assigned to Left Mouse Button, and Overpower don't? And i ask from right handed person perspective. For melee character it's easier for me to use generators on Right Mouse Button, to move and attack with generators by holding it, so i'm left with Left Button, to which now i can assign skill with 15% chance to use and not thing that is always available if is not cooling, where is logic here?Kingu1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Patching Solution For Everyone Other than US http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080198209WhiteClown0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Diablo 3 patch 1.04 Loop - Australia fix your issuesRah2 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Last straw Patching loop ... Ty blizz You just convinced me to finally give this garbage up have just uninstalled d3 for good ...cant believe you guys keep doing the same mistakes every time over and over again well no more qq from me just a quick goodbye and hope everyone else enjoys the game ... ps to all the people posting out there how to fix it ..its not up to us (the user) to correct blizz's lack of dedication to making thing work correctly if its a 1 off prob then ok crap happens but its the same thing over and over again every-time they make new patch so gl all and bye for goodWhoflung1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 I can't run the game. The game finished patching but whenever I start to log in it keeps telling me to patch automatically (even though the game is already patched) I clicked the okay button and the game crashes afterwards. I'm playing at SEA btw.SirHellmaine0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Says new patch then crashes I loaded up today to play and I get the "New Patch Available" message and it says it need to restart to install but then after that the Windows error box comes up and I have to close it? I tried everything in "new patch is available" sticky and nothing worked including uninstalling and reinstalling Any help would be appreciatedbelveder1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Wont connect to battle.net Hi Admin, I am having a problem that I hope you can help me fix. I tried logging in but i kept getting error 3003 message. At first my game wouldn't patch to 1.0.4 just stayed at 1.0.3 but my launcher says game is up to date. So I deleted my update files and let them reload via Diablo Launcher. After 3 tries I finally got it to 1.0.4 but still I get the error 3003 message. Is their a way to fix this? I already tried your advice page on how to solve error 3003 and none of them work. It just doesn't connect.Luzeal3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Patch? Everytime i try to play Diablo 3 it says i have to install a patch and it'll do it automatically but it says its up to date and won't download the patch.ZMcPro9 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 need help d3 not patching patch looping OK so i load up diablo3 log in it pops up saying new patch available i click OK then it restarts and when it load it says diablo3 is already ruining and doesn't download the patch so then it just starts the loop over again if i try to play diablo3 any help would be niceSilent23 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 HELP!!!!! ok im pissed i just downloaded 2.6gigs cuz i thought it was updateing but it didnt.... i hit the BIG play button and launch the game i log in and then it says D3 has and update so i hit ok it restarts then it errors saying D3 is already running and closes... all i want is to patchundeadslave5 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 hi is the maintenance still on?? coz as ive tried to login.. it says patch is available and will automatically patch it... after a minute it will just say that diablo 3 is already running.. hitting ok does nothing.... HELPHaseo150 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 change secret question on sea account when will we be able to change the secret question on the sea accounts?patch0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Game starts out fine, then slows to a crawl What up folks, I had this problem right around launch time, then it went away on it's own. Right after this last patch was installed, suddenly the problem has come back. The game will start out great and work like a charm. As soon as I start fighting monsters it will slow down to a horrendous speed, and stay that way. If I close out, then come back in the game will still be running slow. If I close out and wait a good 10 mins or so, then it will start up back at normal speed, but the same thing will happen (slow down after encountering enemies.) Please help this was working like a charm for the last three months, until the patch a few days ago. Win 7 64-bit Pentimum(R) dual core E6800 @ 3.33ghz 8GB ram NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTHawanja10 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Failed to download information. patch 1.0.4 "Failed to download information about next patch.Check your network connection" I followed this link:http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870687669 after the launcher didnt want to patch me through, after doing the first steps instructed i now get this message when opening the launcher ^^^^ Could anyone help me?Mikey4 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 server authentication cancel button? why is there a cancel button, if i cant use it? if i type in the wrong password and want to cancel, i have to wait for it to go through the whole process for it to tell me i have the wrong log in info. i already know i put in the wrong info and there is a button that should let me cancel it so i dont have to wait there like a chump. fix it please?Xaphanz1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Disconnecting every 10-20 mins Anyone else having this issue since patching? Are we in system overload or something? ;)Redmissar0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Auction house glitched? I was working on my banner when it said Auction house not available. I continued working on it and then I went to check the AH. I sent 150k gold to my stash because I lost a bid and then suddenly the AH crashes on me after about 3 seconds. Now im on the character menu and now the box is gray and says RMTAH unavailable. I can't even acess the regular auction house and worst of all I think I just lost 150k.Antero1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Auction House is down Message I get is RMTAH is down and the auction house button is grayed-out. What is going on here? I have a few items I want to bid on ending in the next hour...Frigg0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 game freezing on exit so i logout of the game and instead of taking me to the login screen all i get is a black screen program completely none responsiveankanamoon0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 "Requires update to play" So I'm getting this but it's currently in optimal? Is it just going to continue to tell me this until I fully download the patch or is there a fix to this aswell?Cjisme1 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 ARE YOU KIDDING!? 700+LATENCY!?!? WOAH WOAH! Bliz.... whats going on.... This new patch is worse then when the game first went live! Im at a CONSTANT 700+ latency.... ONLY after the patch...... Def not me cause any other game i play is smooth as butta..... So...... Any ideas on how long till this gets fixed? I see other people having the same problem... Is it depending on what area you are in?DarkStar0 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 How I fixed my update loop I know there are some unique cases floating around, but this is what worked for me. 1. Go to the folder that you Installed Diablo 3. 2. Right click on the agent.db file and select “open with” then select a text editor or a code editor. Search for the line that starts with “patch_url” and change the value between the quotation marks (” “) to “http://enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch”. This particular URL is only valid if you play on “The America’s“ (Replace enUS with enEU/ruEU etc. for different servers and languages.) Save and close the file. 3. Open your main hard drive content in a window. You will need to make sure you can view all hidden files and folders, this can be done by opening the “Folder Options” (alt+t then select ‘folder options’ at the bottom of the list for most users) then selecting the tab “view” and changing the option for hidden files and folders. 4. Now go to your “Battle.net” folder, the file path depends on operating system.Windows 7/8/Vista: “C:\ProgramData\Battle.net” Windows XP: “C:\Document and settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net”ProgramData and Application Data are hidden folders. 5. Delete the folder titled “Agent” feel free to make a backup copy of this just incase something !@#$s up, but it shouldn’t. IMPORTANT 6. Delete the Updates folder. (Diablo III\Updates) 7. Run Diablo III Launcher as admin by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run as admin" I combined 2 sources, since alone they were incomplete in fixing my problem: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592457234#11 (blue post) http://www.geekybogangamer.com/diablo_3_patch_loop-error/IBEZG12318 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Frequent disconnections I disconnect in this game far too often. it just started this past week, idk why, possibly seemed to start when i started playing my whirlwind barb more. any helpful input would be appreciated.BlackDragon11 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Black Screen After patch 1.0.4 I have been playing Diablo 3 Since the night of the release without issue. Since the latest patch my game will not respond. After clicking play the game launches a black screen. The launcher says its up to date and my system exceeds all minimum requirements. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?spindig4 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Can't put things on the AH? I keep getting an error due to a heavy load system in the AH. And then my items get placed there in "authorizing." Anyone else?Clairvoyance4 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 I lost my gears on AH I wanted to put my gear on AH, and it shows authorzing...I press cancel.. when it successfully canceled, my gear disappear...cant find in the bag or anywhere else...YesterdaY3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 250-600ms Latency from San Diego (Mira Mesa) It started last night. Average latency of 250 jumping to 500-600. Was thinking it was just a hiccup. People from LA said they had 30-40. Sadly, I just logged in to play 1.0.4 and am still getting 250-600. Makes absolutely no sense. Logged into WoW. 90ms. Pinged Google. 16ms. Ran speedtest. 20MB down 2MB up. I've reset the cable modem. No good. No issues with any other games and didn't have lag issues before last night. Any ideas what's going on?Moofy3 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 "An internal Error has occurred When i log in i get this message please helpjessejay1112 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 1.0.4 patch update ( keeps saying need update I keep on trying to log into the game to recieve the same message over and over again, "that i have to reset the game so the patch can download" it resets and theres no patch...AndrewDS8 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 Patch when logging in it tells me i need to down load patch. ok no worries, then it goes back to launch screen has a think and then tells me the game is already running press ok shuts down game wtf!!!Rusty6 Aug 22, 2012
Aug 22, 2012 No authenticator prompt for game login Hiya. I've had an authenticator attached to my account for a while now and recently went through the process to update security questions and serial number. I updated to the new patch today and was surprised when I wasn't asked to enter in my authenticator code when logging into the game. I am however prompted to enter a code when logging into my account on the battle.net website. I'm not sure what to do here. Anyone else with this problem?Apoptosis1 Aug 22, 2012