Technical Support

Jun 24, 2012 Getting disconnected 20mins into game This is getting frustrating. You have been removed from game every now and then and client gets stuck, have to close it from task manager. I have no problem with other online games just D3 only. Any fix to this issue?Tippu0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Diablo 3 is ignoring my paypal account... I added my Paypal accout to my Battle.net account but the RMAH still tells me ?I have to set one up. I already have a Paypal account added, I can't even add a second one if I wanted to... I have an authenticator added, I have SMS added, I have Paypal added(then removed and added again even) but every time I try to create an auction it say I have not set up a Paypal... So now what?RealGumbi0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Ticket marked as Resolved ? Joke ? Hello Tech Support, I am making this post in order to address a brick-wall that I have run into with Customer Support. I called on the phone and managed to keep my sanity while listening to the hold music for 1hr :) During this call I informed a Blizz Rep that I could not remove my Dial-In Authenticator in order to add my Physical Authenticator. After being unable to remove it it they contacted a GM. This GM asked me to Submit a Ticket with my Photo ID to confirm it was me. I sent this Ticket and was informed the picture was not clear enough to confirm. I then went out of my to take clearer pictures of 2 pieces of ID and sent them again. The Rep on the phone then proceeded to tell me there was no use for me to wait on the line, and that my issue was sure to be resolved within the hour (he said 30mins but im giving him some room for error). I made sure to confirm that this issue would not take 24-48 hours and he assured me that it wouldnt as Authentication is a priority for Blizzard. Sooo. I finally was able to remove the Dial-In Authenticator without help from Blizz. I then go to access the RMAH and I am informed that I am banned. Back to battle.net to open another ticket (24hrs ago) about not being able to access RMAH. This was the response I got: Greetings, Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support. We are currently receiving a high volume of phone calls, petitions, and other responses. We are working diligently to process all requests in a timely fashion and we appreciate your patience. At this time, we are unable to get to your request. We recommend visiting our support site at http://us.battle.net/support as the self-service options are comprehensive and our articles are capable of answering most questions. If you are unable to find an answer, please re-open the petition which will retain your current place in line. Regards, Blizzard Customer Support My first ticket was never looked into, and my second ticket was marked as resolved yet I am still banned from RMAH (Something I received no E-Mail about). I am generally a patient guy, but I also take people on their word. Rep told me 30mins and its been almost 2 days. I understand that tickets take on average 3-5 days or something along those lines. This is not the information I received upon calling support. Thank You for taking the time to read this. If something could be done I would appreciate it. -TymeTyme14 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 seriously, need fix the RMAH system if ppl lives other country they might suspend when they buy items from RMAH it happens to me and my friends also other ppl tellphone customer service center says "this is not our business" Tchnical support forum says "this is not our business" My friend's ticket is waiting over 48hours also my ticket is waitng 20hrs maybe bliz is a ghost companychacha0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Unable to install - Outdated GeForce I am completely bummed out. I have been waiting for Diablo to come out since I abandoned my Ladder characters in LOD years ago when hackers took over the game. Now, ready and waiting for the day of release I find out my machine is outdated to handle my Collector's Edition Diablo 3. Seriously!?!? I have to go out and fork out more money to get a whole new machine just to run the game?!?! I am completely disappointed. I have a dual pentium running vista...all good, but it's got a 7100 Geforce when it apparently needs a 7800. What?!?! Blizzard, you've done it to me again. I can't afford to upgrade, even my video card...so I wait...and wait...and wait. Boring.Gitta1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Graphical Issues I played in the open beta weekend and the game ran great on my computer. I played right when the game came out and it ran beautifully. After the first patch I started to see problems with fps dropping. I had all the settings on default so I changed them all to the lowest settings figuring that would help but it has not. I will put my specs below. Im not much of a techy so sorry if i don't put all the info. Manufacturer: Gateway Model: DX4860 Processor: Intel(R)Core(TM) i5-2320 CPU @3.00GHx 3.00 GHz Installed Memory: (RAM) 8.00 GB System type: 64 bit operating system graphics card: R6770 Core edition 1GB GDDR5 Power Supply: Thermaltake TR2 600w I would like to play the game on the default settings again. Also I have tried updating the drivers for this card multiple times yet every time I do it it never actually updates at least the number on the update doesn't change. Help would be appreciated thank you in advance.Gunnar0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Can't play! Too laggy And it is even less player count. It redicilus. I am not thankful about seeing all these hidden lags. Are other people experiencing a bad ping like 200+?GeorgiaNuts15 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 ERROR 12 hello all, I just got diablo 3 and when i open login screen ( put all the correct info) it still says error 12 I have changed my password and everything please help/ thank youlogan0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Characters gone? So i just got a new computer and redownloaded all of my games, including starcraft 2 and Diblo 3 When i logged into starcraft, everythings fine, i still have my friends list, progress, and all that jazz. But when i logged into Diablo 3 I have no friends list and all of my characters are gone? Help?Quincy0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 What could be causing this? I apologize in advance as I am not that computer saavy. When I run the tracert command (not really sure why but when i try to create a text file it says i dont have access. What happens is the first 10-12 are normal (under 30ms) and then the rest are * * * "request timed out" What could be causing this? I have enabled secondary log in, ran scan disk, defragged, recycled my modem, recycled my router, bypassed my router with a direct connection to the pc from the modem, and yelled at my monitor. Nothing worked. What could possibly be causing this? I dont have any problems with any other online activity (gaming, surfing,streaming,etc) I had 4 people over playing cod at teh same time with no problems. I have 61 Mbps DL and 6 Mbps UL speed and am located in Tucson, AZ. I have tried everything I know to do on my end to try to fix this problem. I know alot of people blame blizzard for this, but right now, I could care less who's fault this is, I just want to try and do everything I can do to correct issue. Placing blame is not efficient. Hopefully someone could help me out or point me in teh right direction. SeanToledo1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Unexpected error updating files I haven't played D3 in a few weeks and now when I click the launcher it tries to update and says 'unexpected error updating required files, please try again' over and over again. What can I do? Not really looking to download the entire game again...Jdh51530 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Annual Pass And Diablo III so i got the annual pass to get diablo 3 for free if i stop my payments of wow do i still get to keep diablo or will it prevent me from logging in to play it?xxvenumusxx2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 blizzard is !@#$in stupid Enough said get your !@#$ straight. A drunk monkey could design a better game you %^-* ups . I met dumber people who agree. Wow that's not hard to figure out. Jesus christ him self is turning up side down on the cross now because of ignorance like blizzards. Stupid father !@#$in %^-*!PushHogg1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 I got suspended but have no answer for 2 days ... i played this game without any abuse / hack or cheat.. i purchased 100usd battle.net balance and spent nearly 42usd for some goods but then i got kicked .. i am hardly trying to unlock my account about two days.. but CS is very lazy. even they havent replied my tickets. i dont really know th cause why i got suspended ..but i am bored to death.. i want urgent action..Fatih6 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 [BUG] D3 prompts me for a dial up connection Ever since I installed d3 from the account management page, it prompts me to connect to the internet via dial up modem. I am using broadband and would like to know if there is a way to turn off the prompt?Vodski3 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Diablo 3 not opening Everytime, I click on the Icon, then play and I see the diablo head (logo) appearing on my desktop, than it dissapear and nothing happens. I have been seraching through the whole internet and found no answer. I tryed the Exe. Agent delete in application-processus and not working. I reinstalled the game two times. I even tryed to delete the update folder and the B.net Folder. No changes.I have been playing very well for the last month but several days ago, I made a mistake and changed my account setting to europe, I switched back to US to have my Characters back and now I can't log. I must have been doing something wrong. Please help. Must I wait for the next US patch?!AnuGauri2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Blackberry 9900 - Battle.net - Authenticatior if you plan on forcing us to use the authenticator to be able to use all the features of the game, then a authenticator should of came in the box. Or at minimum make your current authenticators compatible with the current models of phones. Can you please update your Blackberry authenticator application as it won’t work with the current line of blackberries.Roxin2 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Feedback from a pissed off customer I bought Thursday and had hoped to be level 60 by now, with my friends. But no, You have yet to fix your 'unintended' features of the 72 trial period. I'm guessing too that your not going to fix it this weekend, which by the end of it, will put me WAY past 72 hours. Rather, your sitting at home, enjoying your time on our dollar since you already have our money. OH and btw, my payment was processed and pulled from my account the same night I purchase (Thursday) - so your bull!@#$ stories of waiting for payment confirmation, is bogus as hell. You should fix my game now, then GIVE ME my $60 back and allow me to keep the account, since you so arrogantly forgot to tell us BEFORE WE PURCHASED DIGITALLY that we would not be able to PLAY THE GAME WE PAYED FOR. Because your damn security measures are a JOKE and your developers anti-cheat security is pathetic, that you punish us legitimate players who gave you our earned money, to sit on our %^- and wait for you to get your *!@# straight while you 'combat fraud' and to 'deter botters'. IMO - This may be the last blizzard purchase I ever make. Giving someone a glass half full when they order a drink is one thing, to then dump copious amounts of salt into my drink as well, is not a taste that is going to leave any time soon. I gotta wonder whats gonna happen to blizzard with the reputation you have now. Won't be long before Vivendi sells you off to the highest willing payer. How it is to fall from grace, once a titan of the gaming industry with more fan bois then every boy band ever in existence. To now, nothing more then a run down reflection of once an empire. You will never be what you were, and I am afraid for you, because you're on a very steep downhill grade, and the floor is coming up fast. GG Buzzard.Dankh1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Can't add to my battle.net balance It just puts a hold for the amount of money on my card and fails, no response to my ticket, phone support que is full. I use the card every day and I have zero issues, heck I even bought the game with the same card... Two days in a row now same issue.mki0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 URGENT: Auction House - Error 32105 I Bought out the items on 14/6 It charge my GOLD , but didn't send any item for me! And it show this: Order ID: 300950295 Action Failed Error 32105 Please help me to get back the item or give my gold back! Cos it cost much gold!Wolfergary1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 AH Suggestion and Website suggestion They are both easy to do but, when in the game you click the "customer service" button, you get redirect to http://us.battle.net You get theses tabs: Home My Tickets Browse Articles Services Breaking News Can you put an additional tab over there that says forum!!! (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum) I always end up googling it... For the second suggestion, when you search in the Auction House, you can't search for "extra damage" (ring +5-10 damage for exemple) Can you add this feature in the list .... of course theres a minum or maximum, but even if you can't put a number next to it, at least it narrows down the seach ThanksMefyrx0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 I Only Have The Starter? It says in-game that I can not progress any further (killed the Skeleton King), yet when I check my bnet account it says I have the Standard Edition. Help please!Lufnis90 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Is the lag due to server or my specs? I have never had trouble running a game before, but while playing this with graphics set to high I get stuttering and pauses quite frequently. I even set all settings to low and STILL get lag. Here are my specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz 13 GB RAM Windows 7 64-bit GeForce GTX 470 (1.2gb video ram) System requirements lab says I should be able to run this game on max as I pass all recommended requirements, I also don't have anything like downloads or torrents running obviously. Please reassure me that this is not a problem with my computer and is a problem with servers on their end... I just got out of a multiplayer game before where my screen was literally FROZEN for like 5-10 seconds at a time, the other person I was with reported no lag.PeteDorr24 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Error 3 - Wrong Information Just started getting this error this morning and I can't log in. No, I wasn't hacked, I use an authenticator. I see some other people are having this issue. Just sayin'SBT0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Failed to create D3D device all my drivers are updated and i still don't know whats wrong --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GTX 465 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06C4&SUBSYS_083910DE&REV_A3 Display Memory: 2784 MB Dedicated Memory: 993 MB Shared Memory: 1791 MB Current Mode: 1360 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: LCD TV Monitor Id: FNI0000 Native Mode: 1280 x 720(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.9610 (English) Driver Version: 8.17.12.9610 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 2/29/2012 18:02:00, 17642816 bytes WHQL Logo'd: n/a WHQL Date Stamp: n/a Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4584-11CF-E456-35281DC2C535} Vendor ID: 0x10DE Device ID: 0x06C4 SubSys ID: 0x083910DE Revision ID: 0x00A3 System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model TF560 A2+ System Type x64-based PC Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9550 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 2/18/2008 SMBIOS Version 2.4XanderOshuns8 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 day 4 unplayable thanks for the new patch it rocks. gotta love when a company releases a game before its ready, people buy it, then they make changes to it that make it unplayable. and the wire fraud going on with the rmah is obscene. ive played with the settings...the same ones i played with maxxxed a few days ago....and nothing helps. it takes about 15-20 secs to move from starting point to the stash. ill be back tomorrow to start a new thread.XtheMystic0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Error 3007, "BOOT" I was excited for the first week to feel that I was not affected by this 3007 error like everyone else. Yesterday it started really bad. Strangely, every time after losing connectivity and the 3007 error happening, when I attempt to go to another webpage, the connection is extremely slow or completely gone on everything else as well. Its as if somehow D3 is crippling the internet. It takes 10 minutes, sometimes hours for it to recover. Power cycling does not help, updating the router firmware does not help, port forwarding does not help, joining general chat does not help, plugging directly into the modem does not help. I would really appreciate a Blue post, officially telling us what is being done about this. This is a serious problem for a lot of people and all we want to know is that you guys are working on it. Thanks for a great game, please respond to your customers!Mattyboyhoy1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 "There was an error switching characters" It's labelled as error 3006. Any idea how to get around this? I can't currently log in at all.Akio1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Blue Screens, FPS: 0 Hi! I am hoping to find some potential fixes or support for a series of issues I'm having lately. The baseline is this: I am currently running-- Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450. Nvidia GTX 295 (old workhorse) 8 gigs of DDR2 memory 1920/1080 resolution on the monitor and in-game settings. Running largely default, as far as I can see. Operating System is Win7 64 Bit The issues are as follows: when in-game if I try to check my FPS, it constantly reports 0. Another issue is that I get slight delays when loading the game and firing off abilities for the first time. It eventually quiets as things get loaded into the 'cache' at least I can only assume that is the case. Furthermore, very recently, if I am not in an actual game, like browsing the auction house, I will get several moments where the game will blue screen, or come close to blue screening before finally doing so. Just let me know what I need to get in order to resolve this.Aryn1 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Today I heard "Currently our hold queue..." "...is full, and we are unable to take your call." for the 3000th time. Then my head exploded. The end. <sigh>Reynor0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 Character wont load Ok so last night my computer lagged and shut down. I went to bed not thinking much about it The next day (today) when i go to resume game with my character all it does is sit there on the loading screen. I tried to switch quests and see if that helped but still no avail! I can see the character when in the AH so its still there its just not working! Anyone got ideas?Viper0 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 24, 2012 ''Cannot send [item] to stash'' I've been trying again and again the last few days to send items I have bought on the AH to my stash, but without any success. I get the error I wrote in the headline for items I bought before the patch, and an item I bought just now a couple of minutes ago. I have plenty of space in my stash and inventory. Does anyone know how to fix?kj893 Jun 24, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Lagging in Diablo I have 2 computers on the same internet connection both playing Diablo. Why is it only one of us lag at a time? It's certainly not our connection because I can run perfect speed tests while lag is occurring. Is there a solution to this?Bruz0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Can't set up PayPal? I'm pretty sure I linked my PayPal account to Blizzard well before D3 came out. So now I'm trying to sell stuff on the RMAH, and it's telling me to attach a paypal account. Well whenever I try to do that, I always get this error "At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Blizzard Entertainment, Inc and try another option." I've been having this problem for weeks...any advice?OHRye4 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 issue loading new game Im getting stuck on the loading screen when I join a game, or make my own game 1/3 times. I have to use task manager to close the game when this happens. This has only been happening since the last patch. Ive waited over 5 minutes watching the loading screen before, I now find it quicker to just end process, and restart game.Wurthless0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Battle.net I can't access my battle.net friends list or message/play with any of my friends. Do I need to activate something first or?Insinuating1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Fighting more than 3 mobs spikes ping to 2000 It appears as thought 1.03 has made this game unplayable for me (just like many others). I can run around looting chests and fight solo mobs fine, but as soon as there is 3+ mobs I get a ping spike from my normal 190, to 2000+. It makes the game unplayable, as it causes rubberbanding and excessive lag. It happens everytime and I cannot do anything my side to fix it. I have to assume 1.03 caused it as I was having no issues what so ever pre 1.03 and now I can barely play for more then 3 minutes without spiking and rubberbanding. Please offer some support to those like myself, who is getting impacted and pillaged by this 1.03 boss. Thx. Bn.Dairose0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Skeleton King Trial Glitch So....I see that it's been all over the forums and I tried putting in a ticket but it reached the expiration time. I've waited the 72 hours believed to take for my Diablo 3 Standard Edition to actually activate. I can't trade. I can't go past level 13. So I decided to post here to actually get something done because I currently have no idea what to do and I just every half day because I don't know when it's going to be fixed. I even try killing the Skeleton King but it tells me that I need to upgrade as well. Any suggestions? D:HaiBrands7 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Diablo 3 no longer loads up for me. Last night I was happily slaying demons in act 1 inferno. Today.. doom! I double click the shortcut like usual and the game shows it is updating and then a little black dos box pops up and closes before I can read it. That is all that I can get to happen now. There is nothing diablo 3 related in my processes. I have uninstalled the game and still have the same problem, disabled/uninstalled Avast! anti-virus, made a second administrator account on my laptop and still get the same problem. Help me. :(Odaus0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 SMS Protection, NOT using PREPAID Phone I have a monthly plan, paying $35/month, with unlimited text/call yet I still can't use SMS protection (and RMAH)... Why so many restrictions?? At least give us an alternative to cash out on RMAH...endyme1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 exp Hi I recently bought Diablo 3 digitally and have been affected by the level 13 cap. After the 72 hours do i receive all the experience i have earned. I should be level 17 but am stuck on 13 because of this stupid thingBEVAN0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Unable to leave general chat since the patch I keep getting the same error every time I try and I have been trying everyday since the patch./ There error is: "There was an error leaving the channel. (Error 10001)"Taerra2 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Error 3006? Im not sure if im the only one getting this error but i was playing through hell mode and came up to belial. Then my game froze and closed on it's own. I tried loging back in but i keep getting an error. "There was an error switching heroes. (Error 3006)" Im not sure what i should do. Please help.LyricalM7 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Don't know what happened and what to do. So my gold on my account just randomly disappeared, 900k. I'm 90% sure I wasn't hacked, because there are plenty other things he could of taken that he didn't. I made a support ticket asking them to bring my account back to June 21st... So my gold will be back... How exactly does this work? I have about 3-400k in my account now from selling items and from playing the game... So if i get a rollback do i get the items back that were sold? Or they are gone permanently? If that's so what happens to the gold I have now? I should be able to keep one or the other along with my 900k... If i get screwed in the end for this I'm done with blizzard and I will spread word of how not to waste money on their products because they don't care about their customers, unless they are a major customer in RLAH or is somehow making them tons of cash, because that's all blizzard apparently cares about. They don't listen to any of their customers ideas... Just like bungie with halo.... Halo was huge and now it's nothing, COD is like 100x more popular. In the beginning halo was more popular... Halo 2 was their best game... Halo 3 was good but not as good... Then reach came out and it was complete trash then everybody gave up on halo and went to Call Of Duty or a different game. Blizzard is doing the exact same thing, the result will be the same in the end unless they make some drastic changes and start listening to their customers ideas and criticism.ShookIzBack0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Banned accounts and Error 53 for RMAH So I've had the same problem for about 24 hours now since my account was banned for a ridiculous 9 years and 142 days. I've submitted a ticket. but the funny thing is: I'm from UK, i called 0800 0288246, but it's in some other European language even though it was stated that it was English. This is how they try to stall us? B1tch i have 600 euros worth of new gear and act 4 is waiting for me and now 0.5 of my weekend is gone thx to this crap. Times have changed, IBM almost went bankrupt due to bad customer service, yet Blizzard thinks it's fine because we're just going to continue playing their game like always. We will see though, in a few years time. At that point of time I would be the one telling my kids the story of how Blizzard treated their loyal fanboys, those who chose Diablo over having a life, those that chose weapons, armor and gold over great food, clothes, cash and skirt-chasing. I really hope there would be some competition, such as a new gaming company named Infernal, making similar games like Marscraft, Murcielago III, War of Worlds but with better customer service, just like how Apple @@*%d Nokia and Sony Ericsson. Then it would truly be a symphony of Frost and Flame, and this story would be told to every college kid studying management under Customer Relations.Castigliano1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 After patch FPS show 0?? when clearly its not after patch i noticed they have added a smooth shadow settings which i think is great but im no longer seeing my fps? it comes up but shows 0 fps? anyone else noticing this or is it something on my end?redjrh3 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 Error 3? WTF is tis Guys, i got this error 3 after successfully login into the character selection screen. I went into the game but after a while it dc me =.= any1 having this prob and have any solutions to it?Gavin1 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 How long for rollback. I recently got hacked and put in a ticket asking for a rollback, how long does it usally take? I also did some kind of thing where I had to put info in and reset my password and I cant remember it said 6 hours or something but sometimes its earlier/later then what they said... Anyone know?Kunoichi6 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 HELP: resetting my account my brother played 40 hours without my permission, ruined my account, and got to see all the cool achievement animations ha!...i simply want to reset my account...meaning all the monster kills, all the achievements everything will be MINE! i bought the game, pay for the internet, and fork out tons of cash to my family, d3 is my escape please helpFeverRay0 Jun 23, 2012
Jun 23, 2012 I keep DCing on my barb ive DC'd three times today while using my Barb w/Endless Whirlwind build!?! what gives?Ramxi0 Jun 23, 2012