Technical Support

Jun 19, 2012 Game Will Not Launch After Patch.... Title says it all, I have restarted my computer about ten times now, patch goes through fine, when i click the play button, it goes grey and the patcher just stays there, i switch over to task manager and it says Diablo 3 is running, and when i go to bring to front, its just the patcher sittung there, any help on this would be greatly appriciated.Osyruz18 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blank Screen & Graphics Reset after 1.0.3 Using the digital download version, after patching to 1.0.3 and starting Diablo 3 I viewed an intro cinematic I had never viewed before (Leah's uncle is struck by a meteor), and then the mouse appears but no menu, only grey background. Unable to alt-tab out, I can only ctrl-alt-del and kill the Diablo3 process. Upon restart no cinematic, and the menu comes up, but graphic settings were changed to default.eew7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Possible solution to "Data required.." I was getting that message so I went to the diablo 3 folder in my computer and clicked on Diablo 3 NOT Diablo 3 launcher. Started patching me up like a charm and now I'm in. Goodluck!kozY0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 can't login I get to the main screen to log into my account, and after i enter my info the login button while stay red. Any help would greatly appreciateELMOISADEMON0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Mouse Lag - Possible Soulution OK, I have been having problems with Diablo 3's fancy glowy mouse. Has been giving 1 sec lag spikes every now and again. Logitech guys seem to think there's is a setpoint problem, which didnt help me (FWIW, they uninstalled setpoint) I had a look at the mouse pointer section in the control panel. I had custom mouse pointers setup. I reset these to windows aero standard for win7 and the lag has seems to have gone (over 30 mins of play and no problems). Needs more testing, but fingers crossed :)Rott0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Patch 1.02 loop and Blizzard's explanation... Omrakos said this: ... So what you're telling me is, you make me pay extra money for the global version in asia, and still don't let me to play it in english and announce it like this is something very normal. I can't read traditional chinese, and i paid extra money to be able to play it in english... Will Blizzard fix this or what??? I am an expat in Asia, and I play on Asian servers. I want to know how Blizzard will sort this out...Thanks.Bobbaa75 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 PayPal setup When I try to post an auction using PayPal, it gives me a message saying that I haven't set up PayPal to receive funds and tells me to click Okay to set one up. The problem is when I click okay it does nothing, doesn't pop anything up, nothing opens in my browser, nothing. I have an authenticator and set up the SMS thing earlier today.Purplz11 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Patch 1.03 - Will not download via launcher I see the progress bar and it's not moving. It's sat there for 30 minutes now. I've tried restarting my computer... killing the agent.exe process... restarting the launcher... just about everything I can think of. When I click on the "Info" menu item and then "Connection Information" it's clearly showing that nothing is coming in. My internet is completely fine. I posted this message after all from the same machine.Nopskillz1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Can connect to Europe servbut not to Americas Ever since the patch when I try to log in I cant even get the first check mark of connecting to battle.net (Americas) I get a connection timed out error 3007. I tried now loging into the europe servers and I get the conecting to battle.net checkmark, then I get booted cause it says a new version is available going to restart and install (which it doesnt). I dont really care cause my characters are on the americas servers but if I am able to get the connection check on the europe servers, why cant connect to the americas servers????????????? Please helpBadAssMudda5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo III Installer downloading VERY SLOW. I re-installed Diablo III earlier using the game DVD, then at the end, it begins to download some 60MB files to finish the installation. After 9 hours I still need 51+MB of files left for download. Why is the download this slow? Is there anyway to fix this? The download speed is sometimes not downloading, and sometimes reach 4.1KB/s and THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS. I can stream all day with youtube with no problem, direct download something from the internet with 100kBps speed with no problems, and I can't seem to download this 60MB of file from you. Is there anyway to fix this? This is the main reason why people asks for a MANUAL PATCH blizzard. We want to have a different mirror where we can download your patches, and not just rely on your downloader.Ochiboy1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 What's this error message and how do i fix http://ak.worldofwarcraft.com.edgesuite.net/d3-pod/installdata/win/diablo3_enus_encrypted_win.blobAirmaz0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Game doesn't advance in Quests Hi I am in Hell mode. In Act2 I am at quest 7. Yet whenever I go into a public game I am sent back to quest 5. I can't get past this part, as most times people will leave the game after a short time. I and up repeating the same quests over and over.STS0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 BLIZZARD. FIX YOUR GAME! Dear Blizzard I understand that you felt the overwhelming need to screw the playerbase with the increased repair costs. I suppose I can grudgingly accept that fact. what I DO NOT accept is the fact that you had the temerity to implement this repair cost change before you fixed one of the main issues with this 'game' - LAG. I decided to do a quick test this morning before going to work to find out just how bad we were screwed over with repair costs. Yes, I was planning on dying; my plan, however, didn't encompass lagging completely out for over 60 seconds and then being dead when this 'game' finally decided to catch up to the real world. Picture this. I load up the first part of Act 2 Inferno. I check that I'm fully repaired, and proceed down the canyon. I kill some rock climbing dudes. I kill some wasps (Yay! You got something right! They didn't fly away too often!) I meet up with the outcast guards and kill the mobs chasing them. I then proceed north, as directed by the enchantress. There's a pack of white mobs, which I pull. I kill all of them except for 1 - as I attack it, I notice nothing is moving. Enchantress is standing there filing her nails, my air ally is trying to lift off and go into orbit, and the mob I'm attacking is simply sitting there staring at me with baleful eyes, seemingly saying 'y u kill me?'. Oh great, the lag monster has arrived. I glance up at the TV and the weather report has just started. The weather report lasts 60 seconds. The weather report finishes. My air ally has yet to achieve lift off, the enchantress is now applying nail polish, and the mob is standing there, tapping his foot, awaiting a killing blow which isn't coming, because YOUR SERVERS ARE ATROCIOUS. Then suddenly, with a whirlwind of activity (no, not my air ally this time). There's puddles of green goo all over the desert floor, 4 blue mobs circling my corpse with lazer fire chains going pewpewpew between them, and the dying purple glow of a depleted arcane orb faintly glowing before it disappears. Seriously. I cannot comprehend the reasoning behind you increasing repair costs when half the time we die, it's through no fault of our own - it's because of the LATENCY ISSUES that you have STILL NOT FIXED after a MONTH of this 'game' being released. Rollback your !@#$%^- repair cost change until you FIX. YOUR. ISSUES. WITH. LATENCY.Dutchie0 Jun 19, 2012
Oct 12, 2012 Command click not working Not sure if any other mac users are experiencing this problem, but my command click wont work. It worked fine yesterday, but after I downloaded 1.03 today, I can't use my secondary skill bc my command click wont work. I also can't use command click to swap things from my stash to my backpack or buy things from vendors. I have tried restarting diablo III and I tried restarting my computer, but alas, its still not working. (Command key is working because command-tab works. Its just that command click is not acting as right click anymore). What do I do? Maybe I'm the only one that plays using command click, but I dont have a magic mouse, and I need this to work.JackNimble6 Oct 12, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 ATI RAEDON HD 2600 PRO issue I have this graphics card and ever since the patch I get a message saying format not supported. The card is brand new and not listed on the unsupported list. I have no video just sound. Someone help me.Spring19760 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 An Unexpected Error Occured.. An unexpected error occurred while trying to install. Please try again or contact Customer Support. I get the above message when I run the game in an attempt to patch.. I will run through what happened up to that point.. Ran the game, launcher updated, hit restart launcher, came back up with the option to install the game.. closed it, reran it and got unexpected error message. I've tried checking to see if agent.exe was running, it wasn't, internet explorer wasn't in offline mode, the patch file seems to have downloaded or so it seems but i'm going to try grabbing the patch file from a friend who was successful. Any ideas?Slayd0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 WTF BLIZZARD I WANT TO PLAY DIABLO 3 I will just play single player while the servers are down... o wait.Darbz4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Launcher Update / Install problems I have had D3 since release, played it on two diff computers without any issues then today with the patch I am unable to log in at all. When I start the launcher I get one of two problems: 1. I get the "Install" box showing up and when I click on that button it tells me that I am "missing files required to reinstall the game" and that I need to "Re download the digital version" then when I restart the launcher I get it to try to update and everything looks normal then I get problem number two... 2. It tries to update and says "Failed to write a required file. Please close all other applications, temporarily disable your anti-virus software and try again" When I do that nothing happens except the same message upon trying again. Only when I restart the computer do I get problem 1 again then once I restart the launcher I get problem 2 over and over until I restart the computer... Any ideas on how to fix this? I have read other forum topics and I do not have the corrupt "d3-0-10057-Win-final.MPQ" file so I can not remove that. I did try removing all the files in the "update" folder with no luck. I tried to remove my "agent.db" file and that didnt do anything. Everything has been restored to how it was before I started messing with the files too.Skinnyj1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Diablo 3 crashes when trying to update Today I opened the game and the launcher said the game is up to date, I clicked "play" and the game started up. I logged in and then it told me that I have to update the game. I pressed "okay" and the game closed and then the updater crashed and led me to the launcher of the game saying the game is up to date.Unit923750 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Corrupt File? Upon attempting to download 1.0.2c, I immediately get an error saying... "ERROR: The file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo III\Updates\d3-0-9991-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again." A couple of questions - 1. What is this file? 2. Why is it corrupt? 3. Is it fixable without re-downloading the entire game? I live in an area with terrible internet and it will take approximately 3 days at least to download it. And also if anyone else has had similar problems any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Rixxy34 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 My Launcher wont download the new patch. So today i open up the launcher, as usual it check for update, nothing happens says it up to date. I run the game, when i try to log in it says there is an update. i close it and opens up the launcher and nothing happens. Any ideas of what going on? or if i can force update the game or something?DSantur0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Graphics Error After installing the new patch every time i open d3 and click play it fails to load and says "graphics error click ok to create d3d device" i click ok and it keeps saying that over and over never fixing nething....what now?Kyllemall6 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 d3-0-9991-Win-final.MPQ appears to be corrupt Hey, Blizzard. LOTS of people getting this message. LOTS of people not getting fixed by simply deleting the files. Can you please address this? Or are you just hoping it will work itself out?Quaght134 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Choppy gameplay About the 10th of juney 2012, diablo 3 had GREATLY increased in choppy game play. i am positive that this wasn't like this as of before june 10th. i am using a alienware m18x dual nvidia geforce gtx 580 video cards SLI enabled 3rd gen i7 processor 16 gig of ram this makes no sense whatever. my laptop is a very powerful computer no matter what people say about alienware or not. any help?djnubz0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Lost 13mil due item I was bidding on vanished So like 30 min before Maint I bid 13mil on a 1h monk weapon with 8-10 hours left on it... Now after servers coming back up I see item I was bidding on is gone from my auction tab.. theres no gold refunded too me if I was outbid or weapon given to me if I won the bid.. So the auction house ate my 13mil and item I was trying to buy is no where to be found :( Can a blue or someone with same issue tell me whats going on thank youSlayer7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Stuck at starter edition after upgrade I was playing starter edition and uninstall before buying a physical copy. Now I bought a physical copy, I log into my battlenet to upgrade my account with the cd key before I install using the game disc. But the game still request me to update to starter edition. I check my battlenet account, it's says acount level at starter edition and active. Anyone please help? Thanks.LLS0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 My Barbarian stopped getting experience My barbarian stopped gaining experience after lvl 17 and i have the full game...What is going on?Stetty7 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Unable to play on europe, after patch Basically, I patched my game, clicked play and when I type my pw in it says I must install the patch yet I can play on the American servers. Wtf is going on!IvanC4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 new patch required when game is up to date? when i load up diablo and log in, it informs me that there is a new patch to download and will restart and download automatically, which is fine except for the fact that when it restarts a fatal error occurs and tells me i already have diablo III running: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: Diablo III.exe Application Version: 1.0.2.9749 Application Timestamp: 4fb462bd Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725 Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b60 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00047732 OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 3081 Additional Information 1: c2a8 Additional Information 2: c2a8c718731fef45c93d04acf896c02f Additional Information 3: 1046 Additional Information 4: 10463fc9252e72b778c1439224ed6900 Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt anyone able to shed light on this?serialkiller9 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Updating Blizzard Launcher (0%) And now that's where the game sits for me..... Updating Blizzard Launcher (0%)Hawkens3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Secondary Weapon Not Working FixedEriktheRed1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Moon Clan Shaman Champ Packs Issue Edit: wrong forumAwarhall0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 choppy frame rates after patch? 8 core 4.1 mghz 16gb 2145mhz 5850 xfx black edition ocd why are my frames choppy after patch?Complexed1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 6 days and counting.... I understand that this is not the forum in which to post BUG issues but that forum is getting no response. Is anyone else receiving this error and if so is there a solution at this time? The issue is as follows: Error: There was an error retrieving achievements data. I'm not able to view them and at this time no credit is being applied for them in-game. Tried tracert US - 12.129.209.68 > C:\tracert.txt but no information was found. Also the frames on the achievement screen are not lining up and there is text that reads: [PH] This text should be replaced with game data. This is occurring over all toons including newly created ones. I have completed Hell and entered into Inferno with no achievements appearing from Azmodan on, not to mention the others I know I have completed. I have uninstalled the game from this machine and deleted all associated files. I have reinstalled and the same issue occurs. I have also installed D3 on a machine that has never had Blizzard software on it and the same issue is occurring. I have submitted a ticket to Tech Support and was directed to the BUG reporting site, and there are no (as far as I can tell) ongoing support threads for this topic. ~thanksTRAITOR2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Blizzard Launcher Fail Everytime theres a new patch or maintenance day rolls around... My launcher sits there and does NOTHING! It sits there and displays the message at the bottome "UPDATING TOOLS (0%)" So far today it's been sitting there for 5 hours. It has not changed... I had the same issue last week, and found a quick workaround but now it's happend again. This is very frustrating. I don't want to have to do this everytime there's a new patch or maintenace day comes. If there is anything I can do to fix this issue or anything that can help. Please someone shed some light on the subject. I know others have had the same issue as I have.Darnell0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 RESOLUTION for Patch Loop Issue: Folks, I have done what blizzard can not figure out how to resolve a problem effecting multiple of their customers for several patches now. For some reason some folks like myself with the digital version of the game are using the European version of the client. I personally am Canadian and downloaded the client off their website so obviously the mistake is Blizzards not ours. Unless you want to wait for the European Patch to login to the game you will need to follow the instructions in the thread below to resolve this problem. The fix did work for myself and will work for all others having the same issue. I take no credit for this fix, this should be stickied! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271606686Talexis0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Game totally K.O. So like every time theres a patch, I have a wet dream of not having any issue. So I openned the Diablo 3 launcher and get something like ''Theres an update available for your launcher''. Click OK. Updater patches. Click PLAY. - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again. So I go ahead and close everything, I don't have any anti-virus and already running as administrator. - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again. So I reboot and close everything again. - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again. So I rage, uninstall the game and reinstall. - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again. So I rage even more and reboot/close apps again. - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again. So I remove some sand from the !@#$%^ and uninstall the game AGAIN. Reboot/close apps/open every port possible remove any protection that this computer can have - Failed to launch a critical file. Please close all other applications, temporarily deactive your anti-virus software, and try again. Alternatively, log in as an administrator and try again.Shanke4 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 no xp when the patch was done downloading i went to go play and half way thru a quest i noticed i wasnt gaining any xp why is this.BUCKSHOT1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Screen fades to black when opening map Occasionally when press tab and open my map, my screen will fade to black over about 2 seconds. If I press tab again, everything resets quickly. This same phenomenon happened again this morning when I tried to login and the "Patch in progress" dialog popped up. As soon as I cleared the dialog my screen came back but it was the exact same fade to black I get when I pull up the map. I'm running a Radeon HD 6800 with the latest drivers. I've seen other posts that have no other responses so any help would be appreciated. Thanks, CivatrixCivatrix1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Screen rippling. I'm having screen ripple issues now that the patch, hit before the patch everything was fine then after i'm getting graphic issues i've changed the settings back to what i had before the patch but this problem still persists.Colormeblack0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Screen fading to black when using map/ah Hey guys, I have found a lot of screen black out problems but none that match what I am having issues with. The game plays fine under any circumstance except sometimes when I use my map or when i open any menu screens (the buy screen for the AH, the options screen to leave a game etc.) The screen will fade to black (it wont just go black) and whenever I close the window or map the game comes back just fine I am using 2 crossfired 6890s I have tried to disable crossfire, I have tried to rollback the drivers, I have tried to change the FPS and nothing works. after the downtime thismorning things worked well then when I got home things started acting up again. Any help is appreciatedCynon2 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 PROBLEM RECEIVING MY MONEY TO MY PayPal ACCAU Hello!! My problem is that i sold an item by the Auction House , and i even received an email from blizzard confirming hoe much they will transfer to my PayPal account after the taxes etc. IT says that the transanction could take up to 72 hours but it's been already 6 days that am waiting for it and nothing was made. Any idea?! or it could take that much time for blizzard to send the money to my paypal account? Thank you in advance .Diadros0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Update Loop - Able to play Europe but not US Tried all of blizzards reccomendations. 1) Selective files 2) Changing download region 3) Resetting Clint Anyone else getting this? Able to play in euro but the minite I change to Americas it continues to do the patch loop. This happens EVERY patch, why hasn't this issue been addressed yet?Prospector5 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 ERROR 3007 CONTINUED Just tried posting on the error sticky. Seems the 51 pages of angry customers is the limit. Well, lets keep the ball rolling. BLIZZARD GET OFF YOUR !@# AND FIX 3007 OR DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS THAT PAID $60 FOR A GAME THAT DOESNT RUN!SL33P3R0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Character not able to level! So after the patch I log on my barb to try and continue leveling and its stuck at level 39 gaining 0 experience from anything I do. It seems to be this way for any character that hits 13. I got on my level 11 monk and it got to 13 and then the experience did the exact same thing and just stopped. I would atleast like to know whats wrong. And would hoped this could be fixed as fast as possible.Windie33 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Repair costs Is this a joke i mean come on i can't even farm enough gold to repair my items why on earth have you implemented this ridiculous new repair cost bill/ Looks like im going to be stuck in act 1 forever because everything hits to hard for me to make any money to ever progress. Thanks for ruining the game!SimonMead0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Graphic Error. So I went on earlier today to play, noticed that the graphics were changed the resolution was extremely low. Anyway, I tired to change it to make it better, accidently set it too high and the game crashed. Now when I try to get back on I get a graphics error. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it, didn't work. I can get the launcher up, but when I hit play that's all I get. Don't know what to do please help.DaRexUltimo3 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 trying to install patch not working trying to install the 1.03 patch makes diablo 3 wipe the entire file and now i boot up diablo and it says i have to install all over again, but it does not install says "data required to install" This has happened on both my desktop and laptop. I installed the digital version if it mattersiLLmAtiCiAn0 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Unknown install setup error 700 I insert disk, start the setup file. After updating itself, the diablo 3 window appears. In the center there is a large "Install" button. I push it and it does nothing for about 30 seconds. Then another window pops up saying "unknown install setup error 700". I have tried everything the forums say to do such as be on admin account and run as admin, I play WOW so the ports should be good to go. Help?Halty1 Jun 19, 2012
Jun 19, 2012 Unexpected Error - I cannot downloadthe patch I cannot start the install process. Solutions Blizz?kjin19860 Jun 19, 2012