Mac Technical Support

Jun 12, 2012 ERROR, ERROR, ERROR Just tried to login to get killed and found this error http://i46.tinypic.com/x0pw00.png Anyone has any idea about fixing it? Thanks for your input!Winterfell6 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 if i hooked up my 15" mbp to a 24 inch mtr.. would everything just look a little bigger or would i actually get more real estate on my screen... sorry if this is a stupid question... just curious... thx.tigercloud5 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Machkhan, a question for you :-) Hi Machkhan, Thank you for your help in these past weeks by the way. You might have remembered that I asked you a question last month regarding the FPS for Mac users before Beta Patch 16, which seemed to make the game much more playable for Mac users. You mentioned that the developers might have made some changes around that time to the graphics, which would explain the huge FPS drops. Would you mind asking them what changes were put into place, because if we can find out, perhaps we can find a way to "disable" such graphics and really help with the FPS of everyone with Macs, since the latest patch has not been a huge help for a lot of Mac users, though it helped for some. I ask this too because I have a 2011 Macbook Air, and I have seen repeated reports of individuals getting well over 50 FPS on really high resolutions for this computer before Beta Patch 16, but now, well, not so much :-) I get 20-30 FPS with everything set to low on 1280x800 in Mac, and 30-50FPS with same settings in Bootcamp. Such a huge difference between then and now, it's crazy :-) At least finding out what changed from patch to patch would do so much for the Mac community, and we would highly appreciate it. Even if we all have to play in Bootcamp, that is still a fine option too, so whatever works. Thanks a ton! Specs: 2011 Macbook Air 1.8 GHz Intel i7 4GB Ram Intel HD 3000johncpatters2 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 endless loop to update after patch 1.02 Just update the patch. Sais game up to date. when I login I get the message that a new patch is ready and game will restart to apply it. Loop back to the beginning (game up to date...)RLX13 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Sound limited to internal speakers (Mac Pro) No matter what I try I can't get D3 to play through my "Line Out" like I can with every other game I own including WoW and SC2. I've tried: "[Mac] The D3 installer will play sound through the internal speaker independent of the audio output device that is set. This may be carried out to the live game client. Workaround: Go to your system preferences and unselect and reselect your output device after installation." And it doesn't solve the problem. 2009 MacPro running 10.6.8 Has anyone else been able to get it work? Thanks in advance, ~Mac PS: The beta sound worked correctly.Mac10 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 patch 1.0.2c error - unable to find... SOLVED running Lion 10.7.4 build 11E53 - late 2009 27'' iMac - 2.8 i7 - raedon hd 4850 if during the patch process, the launcher just hangs, never connects, or downloads the patch and then presents you with an error about how it can't find a required file and that you need to turn off other apps, disable firewall, anti-virus, etc, etc ... and 1) you either don't have any of this stuff running and you're like "wtf!?" or 2) you have already turned it all off, rebooted, it's still failing and you're again like "wtf!?!?" ... this is what i did to get the update to run correctly: either re-launch (or re-download and relaunch) the game client installer from your battle.net account page. run it, let it do it's thing and ... /bam ... my update finally started running, completed successfully, and i can log in, play ... yadda yadda. hope this helps.awemos1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 after update after an update a i can't log on...each time i put my password in...its said a need to make a an update..and the game restart..and i put back my password again...and the same message appear... it's happen at each update...and i can't play for like 24hours...Screw791 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Wont let me skip speeches? I dont know if this is a Mac issue but when i wanna skip speeches (Not the "esc" speeches but the "space-bar" speeches) so i wanna skip the "space-bar" speeches bt it doesnt do anything! is there a way around this?ToRealistic0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 New Patch Corrupt Hello, I am new to Mac and not sure how to fix the problems with new patch. Its uploaded in the America's, but keeps saying its corrupt?MTuccolo3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 My Mac don't auto update? i'm using MACOSX 10.6.8 . When i run Diablo 3 launcher.app , i still can access the log in screen but it ask for new patch then restart the launchcher whatever how many times i try! Plss someone help me to update!Rockcat4 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 does 1.02c does 1.02c include fixing the fps spikes that 1.02b did ?Bikoyzkiee3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 How do I manually Patch??? Blizzard.... !@#$ is beyond a joke now. i just had to patch to a patch i had already patched 3 days ago and now i have a corrupted 0.99999d3.mpq file and there for your so called blizzard updater will crash after showing me said msg of failure. a fix please???? regards your 1.4 millionth dissatisfied customer.Alkuren2 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 9400m Confusion With New Patch I think there is some confusion between what has really helped and what hasn't. I am a MB user with an NVIDIA GeForce 9400m chipset. That being said, I used Bootcamp to run Diablo 3 since release and saw 30 FPS in less tasking areas and around 15-20 in areas such as ACT II sewers. All the while, OSX side was completely unplayable (around 6-10 FPS). So having played a lot of the game on Bootcamp, I saw a decent rise in static FPS on both sides (43 static ) but an enormous rubber banding effect that did not happen before. This FPS spiking effects both OSX and Windows side. I believe people who hadn't had the opportunity to play the game at a decent FPS (without access to run Bootcamp) are reporting that they are stoked simply because the game is now viable and can run. I don't want anyone to be confused as to the issues that still exist with the 9400m chipset and would still love for people now playing OSX side to keep an eye out for sudden FPS drops and rubber banding effects. There definitely is a noticeable improvement but the fact that the FPS drops are happening both OSX and Bootcamp side makes me believe there are still some kinks to workout with the 9400m. Keep a close look out Mac community, and lets see if we can pin point remaining bugs and kinks to smooth at gameplay experience as much as possible. Edit: The FPS drops specifically happen in combat. This was a non problem windows side pre patch. Let me know if anyone has had simliar issues. Lets get this figured out!Woeday5 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Patch looping even though im on US? I'm playing Diablo 3 on my Macbook Pro and its doing the patch loop, and i've searched the forums and everyone is saying that if it is a US client in the Americas it should work, but I bought mine at gamestop by me so it should automatically be Americas, yet it keeps patch looping still. Any suggestions?MrSauce11 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Game freezing on May 2011 iMac Hello everyone, I've gone back and forth with Blizzard customer support about this a lot, as well as Apple customer support but all to no avail. Apple said that many people had come in with iMacs that were having trouble with Diablo 3. I'm on a 27" iMac with a 2.7 i5 quad processor with 12 gigs of ram and a and radeon 6770m 512mb video card. The system should be able to run the game well, but sadly it is not running so well- the computer freezes, sometimes at the startup screen and other times in the middle of gameplay. I've gone over all of the freezing problems that blizzard had set up on their website, and gone over many other troubleshooting steps, but still no solutions. Anyone got anything to help out?MikeDote0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Maintenance, D3 Patch Looping & Region Installs We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.3. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.3 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.3 is live until those regions have also patched. Attempting to login will result in patch looping. You can check your install client by going to /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Setup and look at the folder name to help see what you region install is. The Americas = diablo3_enus, diablo3_ensg Europe = diablo3_engb, diablo3_dede, diablo3_frfr For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region: The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (6/19) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/19) Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (6/19) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (6/20) Asia: 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/20) to 11:00 p.m. PDT (6/20) Please note that these times are subject to change. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.comMachkhan0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 MAC Bug - Chat button while waiting to revive Hello, any other MAC users experiencing the same bug? Its happened to me twice under the same circumstances, and can be very annoying when I have a 5X NV stack going. Issue goes like this.....I am dead, revive button was active I believe on both occasions, when I clicked the chat box in the bottom left to ask a friend to join and help me the game errors out and crashes to my desktop. I don't get the chance to type them a message, the game bugs out as soon as I click the chat button. Progress is lost as the game has been totally shut down. I'm up on 1.02b and haven't played today since I'm not home. This happened twice and I switched to a PC for the time being, but not everyone has the luxury of having an extra gaming computer around the house. It runs better on Windows anyway, but I like the portability of my MAC, so I'd prefer if it was actually an option. For someone who only has a MAC, I imagine this would be a way bigger deal. 1) has anyone else experienced this issue? 2) to anyone that has experienced this, have you seen a fix as part of the updates today?MisterPibb0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Diablo 3 keeps asking me to install. Hi. :) I installed Diablo 3 last night and played this morning with no issues at all. Went to work, have just come home and double clicked my Diablo Shortcut and am prompted again to install the game.When I did press install, in spite of shaking my head and thinking "Duh, done this..." I was told that the 'Data required to install this game could not be found." Pretty frustrating, think I'll just play WoW instead! But I would really like to know how to resolve this issue. Thanks :) Additional information: Model Name: Mac mini Model Identifier: Macmini4,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MM41.0042.B00 SMC Version (system): 1.65f2Nick2 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Stop D3 Launcher stealing application focus Expected results: Launch D3. While waiting for D3 to launch, tab over to IM chat or web browser. Continue conversation in chat client or start reading the news. After a minute tab back to D3 launcher and press play. Actual results: Launch D3. while waiting for D3 to launch, tab over to IM chat or web browser. Have D3 updater status window pop up over current app hijacking application focus. Tab out again while waiting for that to finish. Have D3 launcher pop over current app and hijack application focus again. Honestly, has been irritating me to no end from launch day. Please take out the constant calling of NSApplication's -activateIgnoringOtherApps:, please.DirkGently1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Diablo cannot be launched after update Today, I launched the Diablo, launcher did update a patch, 1.02b, after update, the game login page show out. But when I login, it said there is a patch need be updated and restart automatically. but launcher said it's up to date. I restart the game and even reboot the machine. I still cannot login. launcher say it's up to date, but login page say there is a patch need be update. Anyone can tell me what is wrong? what should I do?Luka5 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Mac fps problems I'm using a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro 6,2 and the Nvidia 330M. It exceeds the recommended system specs. The frame rate in Tristram is 7 fps, if I turn down every setting it still gets 7 fps. Its also very laggy to respond to input. I tried turning all the settings down, which does not improve the issues, but does visibly look blocky and terrible.Toolshed10 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 1.02 patch problem Ok, i clicked the launcher and it updated the game. Then every time I try to log in, It says I need to apply the patch even though it already says 1.0.2.9749. So I can't log in. Anyone else?Wishmaster198 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Sudden and random 'slow motion' mode .. I'll be playing with no other apps open and out of no where the game lags down to unplayable ... while it is running, my whole system bogs down. No obvious out of normal CPU use, no out of normal HD activity, but EVERYTHING runs like crap. I close out D3, and everything is normal again. If I repopen D3, everything runs like crap again. I have to reboot to clear it. It just happened again, this will be my THIRD reboot in under 3 hours ... SPECS: (10.7.4 Lion) Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i5 Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 8 GB Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0F SMC Version (system): 1.58f16 Capacity: 256.06 GB (256,060,514,304 bytes) Model: M4-CT256M4SSD2 Revision: 000F Serial Number: 000000001217090921EB Native Command Queuing: Yes Queue Depth: 32 Removable Media: No Detachable Drive: No BSD Name: disk0 Medium Type: Solid State TRIM Support: No Partition Map Type: GPT (GUID Partition Table) S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x16 VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0a29 Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3560 gMux Version: 1.9.21 BANK 0/DIMM0: Size: 4 GB Type: DDR3 Speed: 1067 MHz Status: OK Manufacturer: 0x0198 Part Number: 0x393930353432382D3030352E4130324C4620 Serial Number: 0x4F247533 BANK 1/DIMM0: Size: 4 GB Type: DDR3 Speed: 1067 MHz Status: OK Manufacturer: 0x0198 Part Number: 0x393930353432382D3030352E4130324C4620 Serial Number: 0x8B246B9DJustinTD7 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Display selection full screen Hi All I have a Macbook Pro fully supported and within specs. Whenever I launch diablo full screen windowed it defaults to my external screen. I was wondering if anyone could help me with making it display only on my laptop screen? I can't find any options that allows you to specify which window it goes full screen in. So far I've just been unplugging my 2nd monitor, or playing in windowed mode and moving the window to my laptop screen. I'd love some assistance...Glompbot3 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Should I upgrade to OS X Lion or What? Ok I am seriously having issues with Diablo 3 and nobody is helping me at all. Here are my specs: Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook3,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 4 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 800 MHz Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02 SMC Version (system): 1.24f3 Graphics/Displays: Intel GMA X3100 Chipset Model: GMA X3100 Type: GPU Bus: Built-In VRAM (Total): 144 MB Vendor: Intel (0x8086) Device ID: 0x2a02 Revision ID: 0x0003 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes System Software Overview: System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No READ THIS PLEASE!!!: 1) I have a GMA X3100 chipset model (I know it's not supported) 2) I don't know what I can do to make Diablo 3 playable on my macbook. 3) Should I upgrade to OS X Lion to solve this issue or does that mean I have to buy a new computer? 4) I know the work-around trick to play it on my unsupported graphics card but it only gives me 8 FPS >_> so.....what do i do? :cCosmicAid12 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 MBP 13inch w/ 9400 still having fps issues the update got my fps to 19-21 but literally every second it shoots down to 4-7. when will i be able to play this &@$%*#$ gameJahhweh1 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Mac russian version Hello, today i bought Diablo 3 russian version but there is no download clint for a mac...A mac client will be real eased soon? if not i would like to know how i can get a refund?Stevie151312 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 12, 2012 Error when downloading patch It is saying the file is corrupt when I try to download the update to my MacBook. What's going on? What is happening?Miranda0 Jun 12, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Game crash when I click Purple item link Moment ago someone linked purple colored item [Diablo's Claw] on General chat and when I click it, my game crashed. following is the report ID F317DDFB-3EC7-41B0-B811-5B8C00813FE0Stormking3 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Scrambled HUD? This has only happened to me twice so far, and the first time I just restarted D3 and forgot about it, but it happened again while I was stacking NV, so it's more of a problem now. I can only describe it as my HUD getting "scrambled." It looks blocky and messed up, but the problem only affects things in the foreground--menus, quest text, skill hotbar, as well as item names on the ground, etc. I think I was using my MacBook's multitouch scrolling on the achievements menu for a moment the first time it happened, but the most recent occurrence seemed to be random. Here are some screenshots, if that helps: http://i45.tinypic.com/2it5088.png http://i47.tinypic.com/2ef18it.png And here are my specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook7,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MB71.0039.B0B SMC Version (system): 1.60f5 Hardware UUID: 0A5EFEE5-C57A-5649-871D-FC3A02D54F06 Sudden Motion Sensor: State: Enabled Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M Type: GPU Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x08a0 Revision ID: 0x00a2 ROM Revision: 3533 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes Display Connector: Status: No Display Connected System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Noahenobarbus9 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Launcher/Setup error Before the maintenance, I was able to play just fine; since the maintenance, every time I open up the Diablo III Launcher, I receive the message, "An unexpected error occurred while updating required files. Please try again," and the launcher closes. When I try opening up the Diablo III Setup, I receive the error, "We could not connect to the battle.net patch service. Please check your internet connection and try again..." I used the http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZPTS00002 article it links to and closed all unlisted processes after restarting my computer, and it did nothing. Computer specs: Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook5,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 2 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MB51.007D.B03 SMC Version (system): 1.32f8 The fact that necessary maintenance seems to have killed off my chances of playing Diablo III this evening is incredibly frustrating. Anyone have any ideas for me?Aurania3 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 9600gt low fps hey ive got a macbook pro with the 9600gt and before the patch my fps would drop to single digits n now after the patch it goes between 15 and 30. I've done all of the recommended things to improve the games fps, is blizzard planning on doing some more optimization for us mac users because that would be greatly appreciated.kaptainkrazy0 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 8400m Chip set question Hi everyone. Was just wondering how the 8400m (macbook pro 2008ish) was running post patch for mac lag issues. I had been using it but the FPS was terrible but that was because of the whole mac client problem.Aequitas0 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Nvidia GeForce GT 330m fps issue? Why has my game suddenly become unplayable. I ran the game on default settings for three to four days without a single issue, and today i am playing in slow motion. I never had an issue in the beta either. I also have been at 300-400 latency all day....I don't think this would be a problem with fps but until today I never had a problem with either. All my hardware is up to date, and i haven't touched the settings in game or out. Its like blizzard suddenly just decided to ruin my experience. I know there are many posts about the fps issue, and as far as i have heard there wont be an update for who knows how many weeks. I don't feel as if blizzard has done a good job of addressing the mac issues at all. Big frowny face and thumbs down from my point of view. Is anyone else with 330m having the same issue? Or has anyone been playing the game fine until today like me?AwpsAhoy37 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Computer Sluggish with D3 Client Open As the title states, my computer becomes sluggish with the Diablo 3 Client open. Programs outside of the game run at a crawl and the internet becomes too slow to use. Activity Monitor shows the Diablo 3 Client at 13.3% CPU usage with no other programs running. As soon as I exit the game, the computer acts normally. Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,3 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 8 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27 SMC Version (system): 1.70f5 In game settings are as follows: Display: Fullscreen Windows Resolution: 1920x1200 (16:10 Widescreen) Max Background FPS:10 Texture Quality: High Shadow Quality: Off Physics: High Clutter Density: High Anti-Aliasing: On Low-FX: Onduvatwo3 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Horrible lag issue with my macbook pro Hey guys so I've been having a really horrible lag issue on my macbook pro my internet bar is green so its not my internet that's giving me problems, but for some reason I am always lagging and its so frustrating. My brothers have this game as well and they use Windows XP and they aren't experiencing any lag at all....Is this just me? Or are other mac users having the same problem?Alleta1 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Texture Bug After the patch my 2011 mac book pro started to blink the textures, it is extremely annoying and began to give me some headache. I searched into the forum but did not found anything like that. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/capturadetela20120608s4.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/capturadetela20120608s4.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/140/capturadetela20120608s4.png/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/capturadetela20120608s4.png/ Specs: Late 2011 13' Mac Book Pro Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz Intel HD Graphics 3000 512mb 8GB RAM Latest version of Snow Leopard Before the patch I played at 1280x800 with everything on high without shadow, anti-aliasing and vertical sync.tulios15 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Cinematics disabled I changed my client language form english to spanish, and when i did all the cinematics i had unlocked got locked again and now i can't watch them, not even returning the client's language to english, and not even completing the game's acts again, when i move from one act to the other no cinematic shows up, except the final one after i kill diablo, all the others are locked i submitted a ticket but it's been a while and nobody answers meDaryl6 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Low FPS on early 2011 MBP Hi, I'm playing D3 on my early 2011 MBP, which is well above the recommended requirements to play. However I get 23 FPS on the settings below and that's only in Town where nothing happens. http://i46.tinypic.com/2iawtpg.png I get ~34 FPS with shadows on medium I get ~40 FPS with shadows on low and ~46 FPS with shadows turned off. When out of Town my FPS rate often jumps and it's something like (medium shadows) 40, 40, 38, 39, 40, 13, 15, 100, 41, which causes the game lag on a regularly basis. Why is this happening and what can be done to make the game more enjoyable and playable ? Here are my specs: Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,2 Processor Name: Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2,2 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Memory: 4 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B27 SMC Version (system): 1.69f3 Serial Number (system): XXXXXXXXXXXX Hardware UUID: XXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXXX Sudden Motion Sensor: State: Enabled AMD Radeon HD 6750M: Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6750M Type: GPU Bus: PCIe PCIe Lane Width: x8 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB Vendor: ATI (0x1002) Device ID: 0x6741 Revision ID: 0x0000 ROM Revision: 113-C0170L-573 gMux Version: 1.9.23 EFI Driver Version: 01.00.573 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1440 x 900 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes System Software Overview: System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Computer Name: XXXXXXX User Name: XXXXXXXXXX Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Yes Time since boot: 5:24 MRromantic4 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Hardware class Change..? People keep talking about hardware class changes, where do i view/change this?EnthronE10 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Auth for Mac's App Store? sounds plausible?Trust1 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Patch 1.0.2b still choppy Hey Mac User Tell me what you think of 1.0.2b for us Patch 1.0.2b did not really solve anything for me. It is still choppy with vsync on/off and all video settings set to low or disable and i set my system for higher performance. Vsync on : less choppy but with a significant fps drop in big action zones Vsync off : choppy screen tearing and horizontal lines spamming on environment while moving, thats unplayable... There is a little improvement when changing resolution from 1440x900 to 1280x800 but still choppy…. AMD Catalyst HOTFIX 12.4b : Stuttering with High End ATI/AMD Radeon Video Cards Some users with powerful Radeon video cards are experiencing random stuttering. To address the issue,it is recommend that affected users download and install the Catalyst 12.4b Hotfix Driver available on AMD.com. ----- only for windows user any hot fix for MAC OS X ??? nope i don't found any and there is no new mac updates for ATI card…. my specs : Apple MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.2 15" Late 2011 Specs ATI RADEON 6750M http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.2-15-late-2011-unibody-thunderbolt-specs.html D3Prefs.txt : PreferencesVersion "42" PlayedCutscene0 "15" PlayedCutscene1 "15" PlayedCutscene2 "23" PlayedCutscene3 "3" DisplayModeFlags "12" DisplayModeWindowMode "0" DisplayModeWinLeft "0" DisplayModeWinTop "0" DisplayModeWinWidth "1280" DisplayModeWinHeight "800" DisplayModeUIOptWidth "1280" DisplayModeUIOptHeight "800" DisplayModeWidth "1280" DisplayModeHeight "800" DisplayModeRefreshRate "60" DisplayModeBitDepth "32" Gamma "1.000000" MipOffset "1" ShadowQuality "0" PhysicsQuality "0" ClutterQuality "1" Vsync "1" Letterbox "0" Antialiasing "0" LowFX "1" LimitForegroundFPS "1" MaxForegroundFPS "60" LimitBackgroundFPS "0" MaxBackgroundFPS "8" DisableTrilinearFiltering "0" ColorCorrection "1" MipBias "0.000000" ReflectionQuality "0" TonemapExposure "1.900000" TonemapContrast "1.500000" TonemapSaturation "1.000000" TonemapGain "1.000000" HardwareClass "2" PCIVendor "4098" PCIDevice "26433" MasterVolume "1.000000" EffectVolume "0.390000" MusicVolume "0.000000" NarrationVolume "1.000000" AmbientVolume "0.800000" ChannelsToUse "32" ReverseSpeakers "0" QuestSubtitlesEnabled "0" CinematicsSubtitlesEnabled "0" EchoQuestDialogToChat "1" MuteSound "0" MuteEffects "0" MuteAmbient "0" MuteVoice "0" MuteMusic "0"Coulombe11 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 log in problems why won't it let me log in i put my password in and username and it doesn't let me log in the login button is blacked out what do i doreichs152 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Notes on Latency issue Not just for macs, but this is a topic here as well. OK, each and every large-scale fight in co-op is turning into a latency-fest. In this evenings 4-person co-op, I took a few screen shots while my mouse hovered above the latency bar, and here is what I have learned: When we entered a battle with elites (did not notice on lesser mobs), the latency spiked up to over 4k. Each time a group member died (lag will do that, you see) the lag would drop considerably, until we were all dead. When folks began to resurrect at the last waypoint (only a couple steps from the battle) the latency began to increase with each resurrected player. Which brought us right back up to abilities not working, jumping around the screen, and then appearing slaughtered yet again. In a word: unplayable. Another word: gamebreaking. Dearest Blizzard, please take this issue seriously. It is all on your end. This is not a random issue on our ends. This is not a mac/PC settings issue. Our entire group was effected and it very quickly made me quit the evenings play in disgust.Sproutfoot0 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 ERROR 316708 I am trying to join a friends game and cannot. It just says unable to join. After I try that I cannot start my own game. I can only start my own game if I change my quest. I also cannot switch heroes OKAY SO.... If I change quests and start the game I then can switch heroes but still cannot join friends gameSilvr6 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 Can't log in to Battle.net? So i've been hearing horror stories all day about people having trouble getting started playing this game... I ignored them and went to GameStop anyway to buy myself a copy. After realizing I couldn't play it on my 2 year old MacBook Pro (just barely missed the minimum graphics card requirements), I was glad that my father had recently purchased a new Mac Desktop in the living room. Even still, obstacles remain between me and my first round of Diablo 3. I can't log into battle.et for some reason. It gives me the option to type in my battle.net account name and password (which I have already set up) but it doesn't allow me to click the "log in" button. Why is this happening? Hopefully it's something easily fixed as GameStop won't let me return the $65 game once the package has been opened....bliZZy17 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 High Latency Hi, Sins I play this game, i never saw my latency going under 200 ms while it is at 20 on other games. Do everybody has the same problem or is it a wrong config from my computer ?Knif4 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 11, 2012 So, I just got this error trying to launch http://i.imgur.com/cORAy.png It ran less than 45 minutes ago and the only thing D3 related this computer can even do is browse the AH. It meets minimum requirements and now it can't even launch. Real cool. Edit: same error after a reboot too, before it's asked. Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache: 3 MB Memory: 4 GB Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz Boot ROM Version: MBP55.00AC.B03 SMC Version (system): 1.47f2 Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M Type: GPU Bus: PCI VRAM (Total): 256 MB Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de) Device ID: 0x0863 Revision ID: 0x00b1 ROM Revision: 3427 Displays: Color LCD: Resolution: 1280 x 800 Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888) Main Display: Yes Mirror: Off Online: Yes Built-In: Yes System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549) Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0 Boot Volume: Macintosh HD Boot Mode: Normal Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: Noslimpig6 Jun 11, 2012
Jun 10, 2012 Best Optimization for Thunderbolt Display My 2011 MBP is 2.3 ghz 8gb ram with 6750m graphic card. Playing on the laptop screen is smooth but ever since the patch playing on Thunderbolt Display became very choppy and the screen would tear every 1-2 second. Even on the lowest resolution and settings. So after trying out all the options the best optimization i have found to be is to set your max front fps to 15 and back fps to 1. Also check low fx and vertical sync. And i find using anti alaising helpful as smooth graphics are easier on the fps. With this setting the game isnt 100% smooth as playing on the laptop screen however the chopiness and screen tear is gone as the fps stays constantly at 15. If I increase the fps to even 20 the chopiness comes back. Let me know if this works for anyone else.JEANIUS1 Jun 10, 2012