Hardcore

Jul 19, 2013 First decent (ish) drop in HC. Wear or sell? Herro everybody, So I decided to hop on my WD for 30 minutes during my lunch break (mmm, flash drives for the win). Imagine my surprise when three legendaries dropped almost immediately. The first two were Dawn's with about 700 dps each (blargh), but the THIRD ONE! The third one was the Zuni's vision I'm wearing right now on my WD. Looking at similar hats, it's probably worth maybe ~20m. This WD is my first HC character ever, so I'm pretty strapped for cash at the moment. My question is, should I use the vision, or sell it to get myself more cost effective gear for my other slots? All my other gear so far only cost maybe 4.5m total, and 2m of that was my TOTD (which was almost certainly an incredible steal). Also, two for one bonus question: I snagged this TOTD from the AH for 2 mil on a bid, yet looking at similar items, it seems it should sell for 20m-40m. Same as before, would it be best for me to use it, or sell it and buy more cost efficient upgrades? Thanks in advance for any advice or insight you can give.Zeppel6 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 ISO A2 Keyfarmers Anyone want to run some A2 Keys? I hate doing it solo for risk of DC, looking to collect about 3-4 keys on MP 3 or 4Skooter2 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Bashanishu Ach In Norm HC game now with blade and bashiok if anyone wants achievementKheops0 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Pub matchmaking This needs some work. How about I cannot enter and leave the same game 5 times in a row because some guy is AFK in town.King7 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 WTT SC gold for HC Gold im making the switch to hc and i need about 7mil in Hc gold to start If interested invite me HighlifeD#1295HighlifeD1 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 So you think you got PLANS? I've been saving blacksmith plans and jewelcrafting plans for my brother ... but he hasn't logged on in over a week and been several weeks since we logged on together. I need the space. Anyone need plans for either Jewelcrafting or blacksmithing achievements? Just a few... http://imgur.com/Mt68GrGDeathbyDecaf9 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Great Week After not getting the chance to play much during the previous couple of weeks, the opportunity to do so during the past couple of days hasn't disappointed. - After crafting my best HF (http://imgur.com/KBSZaVF) ring yet, I was able to get the last characters to lvl 60. - The IK chest equipped with Hagan dropped while giving waypoints/killing bosses for a friend - Crafted my two best rolled amulets yet, equipped with Devana and Mannix. Nothing to write about alone, but that combined with my favorite D3 moment yet motivated this topic, to ask how everybody else's week is going. That favorite moment, it happened while levelling a monk. After killing an elite pack, then all but one Fallen Maniac upon turning the next corner, the one remaining having been knocked back about half a screen length. It would have died from the third strike of the monk's combination, but instead was followed by a ball of hellfire and was disintegrated an instant after landing. No wasted motion, perfect timing, the cap of a great week. Now I'm broke, happy, and about to start saving gold to buy a Witching Hour for my DH. How about you, what's your story?MonTerran26 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Pretty good spear price check? Price check? Its on my hardcore barb, but here are the stats 1010 damage 2.7 lifesteal 62% crit damage 143 str socket any ideas?Recon1 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 3 lag spikes tonight all my chars still alive thanks to NDE and SV.. amen... there weren't very long lag spike I guess... 2 times my char already had the passive triggered and are down to sliver of hp left. Sign to stop playing for me ;) Not my ISP side. When my D3 lag spike my non-D3 internet seems ok.ZOMGWTFBBQ0 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 R.I.P. Mojangles II - my first HC lvl 60 Wiz. Well my first lvl 60 hc wiz was short-lived. Had maybe 3 bars to Plvl 1 and ran into an elite pack of Armaddon's in Act 4 Hell that had the Horde affix. It was in one of the side areas..can't recall the name now. Anyways... it seriously seemed like they were stunning me in-sync, and all it took was for 1 of them to stun me the first time and the rest surrounded me during those few seconds. I had 50k hp, 2.5k Armor, almost 200 AR.. was using a shield and all, almost 7k dps, and 1k lps. I watched helplessly as my health slowly dropped... This was my third wiz to bite the dust, and the other 2 were quick. Not this one though! I sat there watching my health plummet for a good 30 seconds before finally dying. Couldn't do a thing to stop it. There was a VERY brief moment where the stunning stopped and my teleport button came up, but of course when I clicked to tele away, she teleported right into the wall I was stuck against instead of away on the edge where I clicked. So went nowhere and was quickly stunned again. So... on to Wiz #4! My buddy and I have been playing *mostly* self-found. I say mostly because when we first started out in HC we WERE playing strictly self-found, but then as the 2 of us started getting closer to Hell we succumbed to the AH. BUT - we made a rule for ourselves - we only purchase items with stats similar to the things we find but of course with our class specific stats. What I mean is, say a lvl 54 1-handed wand drops with 230 dps but has 90 Str instead of 90 Int, I'll go to the AH and find a wand with the same/close to the same dps and around 90 Int.TheMoj8 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 <delete - duplicate of HCSF League details> Please go to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9377318563 (and let this thread die). Thanks.Nameless98 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Attack Speed on WD Hi all, newbish WD trying to make the transition from Acid Rain to Bear build here. It's been frequently mentioned on the forum and by in-game WD friends that I would benefit more from a 2h weapon since high attack speed renders zombie bears rather mana-inefficient. I think I understand the concerns there, that if you spam zombie bear with high attack speed, then a new wave of bears would already be fired before your current one finishes, canceling the current wave thus wasting precious mana. But from playing around with the skill, I do feel that zombie bear skills, if fired periodically (in contrast to spamming) so that you wait for current wave of bears to finish their job before firing the skill again, then it could just as efficient as a low attack speed build. To illustrate my point: http://imgur.com/zrHQRE1 WD with 1.0 AS spamming bears for 2 sec = 3 waves of bears (good) WD with 2.0 AS spamming bears for 2 sec = 5 waves of bears (meh) WD with 2.0 AS conttrol fire bears for 2 sec = 3 waves of bears (good) So from a pure mana efficiency point of view there shouldn't be too much difference if you watch the frequency of your skill firing. Or am I missing something important? Aside from the fact that Skorn offers some very good CD & stat rolls I feel a 1h weapon could just be as decent in terms of going into bear build with? Thanks in advance for any thoughts!anG1 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Can my HC wiz cuurb stomp Bilal? I am at the gates to belial and i am just nervous about going in. Sometimes that breath attack screws me on softcore, and I don't feel like losing all my progress. On a scale of one to ten how hard do you think it will be to win with my wiz?rolalowe9 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 New 60 WD not sure what build.... So what seems to be the build of choice for hardcore...I am not super familiar with WD...I do have a SC one but only ran COB...Not sure that is the way to go in HC.... I'm raising my hand...Can someone fill me in....I have a few pieces already(zuni mask and boots, and a decent ring and tal ammy) and about 400 mil in gold!!Vikesfan3537 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Demon Hunter EDPS Skill Setup? All numbers are unbuffed, SHEET. My 140k Dps DH (manageable EHP), vs a Monk with 70k DPS. Monk outperforms. Or WD with >100k DPS. This is a topic of some debate on other forums but what would you all say is the best way to maximize EDPS with the skills DH has. Not sure how to pull it off at decent MP?s and be survivable. It would be nice to know since I am new to the game and worked hard to pimp my character just to watch other classes with half my DPS outperform by a wide margin. Does anyone Trap DH in HC? I feel like a glass cannon minus the cannon at the moment. I'm stuck farming MP1 until I start spending billions or figure this out.Sol10 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Hardcore Auction House Trends Questions: 1. What causes prices to trend so much in HC? I've seen commodities double in minutes. Is one person buying up the entire supply then manipulating prices? How does this happen? 2. How do I know what a peak is and what a bottom is? Is 9k per ToS, 40m per Radiant Star, rock bottom? is 17k per ToS and 55m per Radiant Star an absolute peak? 3. When will prices return to what I was seeing a few weeks ago? I need to know because I am at the point where I need to load up on ToS and craft some Radiant Stars for my gear. Any explanation appreciated.Sol5 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Anyone having high ping issues right now? My ping keeps skyrocketing. I just tested my connection. It's at about 24 Mbps download and about 0.5 Mbps upload. My FPS is at about 70. This seems more than adequate to play this game, so I'm wondering if it isn't an issue on their end? Anyone else having problems tonight?travboat0 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 ISO HC Plvl Char just died along with a bunch of my gold. The bulk of my remaining 10m or so gold is tied up in the AH. Anyone mind plvl'ing me for free or I can offer an exchange plvl with my other char? Doesn't have to be a full 1-60, I'll take whatever I can get. Necromancer#1814Necromancer2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 (Closed) I'll be using my 90k HOTA barb. 1. No bad manners 2. Everyone must have 3 machines (total of 12) 3. Min 40k unbuffed dps 4. Starting uber run in an hour (if we have 4 players)... I need to go to work in a few hours. 5. I type very slow (using software keyboard) Overawe spam monk of any dps is welcome (as long as you can perma-spam overawe). It would be nice if we had at least 2 ranged characters to take on Kulle. Please leave a reply in this thread if you are interested.mintCookie4 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 CM Wiz Price Range Question At some point, I want to roll a CM Wiz when I have some gold. If I can craft decent gloves, shoulders, and amulets, what kind of ballpark price range should I be looking fwd to spend if I want a mp5 uber capable cm wiz? these are the stats I want to achieve. aps: 2.73 crits: 50% hp: 60k ar: 600 armor: 4k arcane on crit: 18HojoKing11 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 possible bug? Just finished an act 1 run and i go back to town, vendor my stuff, put gems and tomes in stash and select leave game. The timer pops up... has anyone else seen this? Not a big deal but i was just wondering?CyLaNt8 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Finally level 60 monk hc! But i need help I got to level 60 with my first hardcore character (a monk), but im having a problem right now. Since I was powered through my last 20 levels or so, im stuck with garbage leaving me incapable of even farming xp in hell mode. does anyone have any old trash monk gear they dont need?Steven3 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Looking for more for mp6 Ubers 3 Machines per person, add me in game.randysavage0 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Gear stats? Around 40, For a Barb, What should I start focusing on stat wise on all my gear?Wirblewind0 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 73k dps Monk looking for MP4 Ubers group Do almost 84k with Breath of Heaven buff. Looking for 3 other people with 3 machines to do a set of runs. Martialsage#1462 to add me in game if you have machines.Martialsage2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 First HC WD How did I do...I know I could use a little more cc, and I will be able to hit 50 once I can swap out the visions AR for CC, but I need an ammy or my gloves to make up that difference.....Hopefully I can get some AR on my ammy and gloves...also wouldn't mind AR on bracers, but really need a good roll to improve upon those!! https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vikesfan353-1980/hero/34822348 Intelligence 2507 Strength 297 Dexterity 268 Vitality 1256 Defensive Stats Armor 4340 Health 57,064 Percent Life 29% Resist All 712 Dodge 14.2% EHP 442,252 Offensive Stats Crit Chance 42.5% Crit Damage 270% IAS 18% Elemental Damage 8% Main Hand Speed 1.4 Attacks Per Second 1.652 Weapon Min / Max 375.08 Min 1034.24 Max Total Plus Min / Max 102 Min 324 Max DPS 88,414Vikesfan3534 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Finally got to P100 496 hours later, Petassus reached P100. Started last July, so almost exactly 1 year after I started her journey. Here’s my little story. I probably forgot a lot of stuff and sorry if I’m not a good story teller like Dirk! Sorry in advance for the mistakes too, remember that English isn’t my primary language! Intro I started playing on day one, with people at work. We took off the whole day (boss included) to play D3. We started SC… but I was playing a bit more than them, and I didn’t want to level faster than them, so I decided to give a shot to HC. I really enjoyed HC! My first monk reached 60 and inferno without dying and I was pretty proud of that. I remember when I entered in Inferno for the first time. Everyone was scared of A1, it was the big deal. The most courageous stopped at A2 at best. I had probably less than 8k dps, 30ish HP and poor AR. I progressed very slowly and learned all the tricks to agro less monsters at a time, each step forward was an intense victory and always scary! I first entered into inferno playing with a DH named Sidrater. We were always kiting back to fight everything, were VERY methodological and careful. I gave him a nice crossbow with socket and CD, 900ish dmg and he was packing nice dps at the time. He died at some point later without me and I never heard of him after that. So my first monk found it’s death in the cemetery of the forsaken. I was playing alone and encountered an arcane pack of skeletons. There was A LOT of white skeletons. Things turned !@#$ty, so I ran into one of the crypts. Took a deep breath, got cocky and told myself I should just man up and go back outside to fight the pack! Which I did. However, lack of experience here, I didn’t have any escape skills. I got cornered by the skeletons, unable to move. I tried to trick death by pressing ESC, then Close game. I knew about the 10s timer, but it wasn’t clear it was still effective server side at that time (well, for me), so I tried to close the game and logged back… death. Maybe I could have fight a little bit more, but I doubt I would have been able to survive anyway. She died on June 28th, 2012. Was a bit sad, but still accepted the death. I took it easier than I first thought I would take it. Rerolled, went up to lvl 58, then died again to arcane pack. It was a nasty tremors fast arcane horde? Don’t remember the other affix, but they were all over the place and making it really hard to get out of that bad situation. So I died here, 2 weeks later, lvl 58 on July 15th 2012. http://i43.tinypic.com/2gyd7k6.jpg Then, I started my current Petassus, which fighted through countless glorious battles! http://i44.tinypic.com/am8wlj.jpg I learned about the escape skill, so I was already a better HC player at this point :). Current char notes I remember finding quite early in the game, in my numerous A1 farming (was scared to jump into A2, it was quite a step at the time!) a very decent bow. http://i43.tinypic.com/j9o51z.png I found it at the end of July 2012. At this point, my HC char was farther into the game than my SC char. It’s the first item that allowed me to be put “on the map”. There was this guy, a very nice DH, called “nom” (old school players around probably remember him) which was VERY interested into the bow. I knew I could get multiple millions for it. I thought I could get 25m through the AH, he offered me 18m direct, making note that with the 25m AH, I would lose 15% etc. He was begging me like a little girl to have this bow, saying how he would put it to good use VS anyone else who could buy it on the AH! So I decided to test the AH and put a 25m bid/bin for the bow and sold it at that price. Advise nom about it, and then he literally started a full whining roman to me. Very pathetic, he tried to manipulate me psychologically, saying that I was just a greedy man with a full load of negativity. Seriously, it was really that bad, like 20 minutes of continuous D3 chat. I didn’t even know the guy, I played ONCE with him, we were friend in game because he wanted the bow and he obviously deleted me right after. This event traumatized me a bit. I don’t know how old this guy was, but clearly showed some dependency to the game. From there, I had 25m more in banks and was quite happy! I didn’t spend it all, heck almost didn’t spend it. I’m quite cheap in this game and I look for cheap upgrades on the AH, I rarely overpay I think.frosted48 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Best Hardcore Class? I'm thinking about starting a hardcore character. Is one class specifically better than others when it comes to hardcore? Also, what are some good tips when it comes to hardcore? Thanks in advance guys!IronMan7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 ISO Group for ActIII key-grind/Ubers: MP5-ish The amount of terror keys I get will translate to the amount of machines I can throw down. Avail. for a few hours: Learnatrick#1880 See ya there.LearnATrick0 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Hardcore Profile Since the introduction of Paragon levels, shouldn't be appropriate to add the corresponding pLvl on the in-game profile? Highest Hardcore Level 60(X-XX/X)LethalSeraph7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Double confirming for Inferno MP0 Hi there, Ive just reached level 60 and currently I got 95k HP, 2.8k LPS, 1.1k LOH, 8.3k armor, 805 AR. I'm just wondering if this is enough to beat Inferno MP0, with very, very minimal chance of getting shiet on by the Lag demon?zZKaZuRaZz14 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Advise on CM wiz Hey Guys, im just about the biggest wiz noob on this realm. Need some advise on how to improve the survivability on my CM wiz. Any comments on gear and skills are more than welcome! Looking forward to hear from all you CM wiz Experts!! -RafnRafn2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Looking for HC gamers for self-found mp10 Hello everyone, I am looking for HC gamers to play with and I would like to follow the rules below: 1, Always keep an eye for other members of the party (that means that the group never separates) 2, Stop to loot everything, be patient and do not rush in fights clueless 3, The only items that can be used are founded by the party in that particular game (exchange is permitted between party members). That means no AH, no shops , no crafting, no jewels (that last point is negotiable) 4, Always play at MP10 I would like to start a new game as my char recently died. (I made a char to lvl 37 with these rules and he died because of my frozen computer (never happened before). As my other HC chars died because of lag in the past I will never play HC alone again.) My battletag is Milchiboy#2240 and you may found me logged in at afternoon/night on the EU servers. It would be nice if we could use voicechat during gameplay (English is not my first language). Sign up if you are interested.Milchiboy2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 GG HC you win. I lost another char to another retarded lag related death. I'm tired of getting characters ripped from me JUST as I'm starting to make progress of them. I give up on HC and may try it again in December after I get back from deployment. Hopefully almost 5 months is enough for blizzard to get their !@#$ together, it's only a multi-billion dollar company.Azakatura13 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Ancient Spear needs buff I like using various builds, one of which is ranged. However, the so called "star" of these builds (No Escape) is no star at all, more like empty space! Once you've managed to overcome the fury challenges you basically have no use for this sub-optimal passive. The 10% bonus is too small (you can get up to 50% from the 300th spear). I was hoping to find an excuse to use it anyway, such as turning WT into a massive generator. But I can't come up with anything good about Ancient Spear! I honestly don't recall seeing anyone use it in HC. Are you Ancients out there? Is there a secret to make this skill shine? For example, I thought about using AS/Harpoon to spear up a bunch of monsters, then follow up with Overpower and Rend, but you can always do better with Leap/COA to name just one superior option. And since I can't imagine a fundamental improvement or entire rewriting of this skill, maybe the only way to make it more attractive is to increase its damage, say to 400%, cause man, it's useless! Am I wrong?Nixarax6 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 FOR SALE: EF Strength // 2.7LS // O/S As topic states... Selling to highest offer. No BIN set. http://imageshack.us/a/img827/8933/y4pq.pngVzwsoN10 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 wtt pwr lvl Want to get my wiz to 60 will power u about the same amount of lvls or lilo more, will also buy 7 lvl for 5 mill add me if intersted will b on laterBlackStar0 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Ready check for progression assistance Thanks in advance. Just need some veterans quick scan to see if I am at a decent gear/dps/resistance/vitality for hell. Appreciate any feedback. Sinseer, 56 Wizard in profile.Cyclops7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Finally rolled a nice Int Amy for wiz I'm not normally one to gloat, but 225 amulets later... finally rolled a pretty nice one that is on wiz.Goatkillerx1 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Str Mempos? Is it just me, or are they unusually expensive atm?Threat2 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 How active has HC D3 been lately? I havn't been on D3 much in the last few months, between work, kids/wife, and playing some LoL I havn't been on just curious how active the game has beenReckless11 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 What classes do you find the most fun in HC? So far I have a HC and SC barb both at 60 and around 30 paragon I'm thinking of giving other class a try and im guessing it will be both leveling a Monk and a WD not sure if either will feel fun because I can't believe they are nearly as effective as the barb but we'll see. anyway which do you enjoy the most and why?Reckless20 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Ubbers carry service At least, someone knows anyone who do that? thanks for the tip :Ddonstroke3 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 LF Powerleving, Paying in SC Gold See the title. Respond here or in game alerner87#1787 to talk price.alerner871 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Act 1 mp1 or Act 3 mp0 for farming? Hi guys, I'm torn between farming either act1 mp1 or act3 mp0, for me I feel act3 is about the same difficulty as act 1 mp1.. Sometimes even alittle easier 1) act 1 mp1, am I correct to say after activating mp1 for act 1 the drops will me enabled to ilvl63, DE will have 1% more then mp0 and mob density will be comparable to act 3? 2) act 3 mp0 has similar mob density as act1mp1 and item drops have already have ilvl63 chance even at mp0? Currently tested after about 3hrs of game play seems like act3mp0 nets me more DEs. Question is, is this too small a sample size to gauge or it's merely a preference. I guess mp1act1 shld have more xp?beh5 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Help me get some upgrades! WD500ehp-62kdps Hi guys. I am playing with a WD for a while, farming some keys and stuff. Right now i can farm act1 mp4 and act 2-3-4 mp3. Never tried more than this. Im looking for some upgrades on my gear, but i dont know how to balance the loss of ehp for dps. Right now i got 500ehp - 20% dodge, 800 AR. 58k hp, 3,3k armor. With 62k dps. i usually use Acid Rain to start the fight then i run close to spam bears. (while my scoundrel and pets keep them busy/frozen). Against elites i do the same, but i keep distance when the affixes are Arcane / Frozen / Vortex. But i do the run in + spam bears + run out strategy. Back to my gear. When i look for upgrades at Ah, the items worth some millions (30+), maybe more. For instance, to get a better weapon (more dps or has sockets) the prices goes to 100M or more. Any hint will be welcome. NabisNabis7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 what mp is safe in doing keywarden in act4? i already have all the keys now i just need the plan to make the infernal machine. any advise?xWolfx7 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Hardcore Billionaire New milestone for me http://i44.tinypic.com/2rm1j5d.jpgjasm18 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 leorics to hellfire http://s23.postimg.org/woym7o8h7/bololeorics.jpg 4.5 seconds + roughly 2.8-3 seconds from shield --> 7.5 seconds http://s11.postimg.org/xq7n40noz/bololitany.jpg 6 seconds + 2.8-3 seconds from shield --> 9 seconds (this is survival time for getting vortexed/siting in/or disconnecting on the centre of an arcane beam) (arcane beam lasts 8 seconds)KooCommando5 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 From start, what would you buy and when? I am going to start a new DH. From experience, in game drops are sufficient for a great many levels... ...but... ...what would you buy, and at what levels if you planned out a DH from before you even created the toon? Would you plan for an AH visit every ten levels? Play it by ear? Are there certain Legendaries that you would be itching to get high enough to use for a certain band of levels on the way up? I'm broke now, less that 500k in bank, but I have a "somewhat" effective para wiz who can at least farm gold and hand it down to a new toon. What do you think?Battlinard2 Jul 18, 2013