Jul 12, 2013 Quick rant of the evening My disk setup was: 1x old 115GB corsair ssd for OS, work and apps 1 raid5 array (3x1gb) for general storage and gaming. Not having D3 game data on flash memory made it quite hard to play at time (while loading the content for the first time into memory, once loaded it was quick). I didn't want to map the data file on a USB drive as, per experience, got many issues with USB drives (reading/corruption error after a while). So I got a new Samsung 840pro SSD (256GB) this morning and I moved my OS&stuff to it, removed my old ssd which I will probably put in the laptop. The old ssd only had 3-5GB left all the time and wasn't enough to move diablo on it and it started to annoy me enough for work that I decided to upgrade it. Anyway, as I had installed D3 on my regular spinning disk (raid5), I uninstalled it then decided I would reinstall it on my SSD. I didn't want to setup a symbolic link for that purpose. I bought the game on a physical disk (same price as online and I like having the box + manual, yeah I'm old school like that). So I told myself, no problem! Well, tried to install it back from the DVD, got an "unexpected decryption error occurred" after waiting for a good 5 minutes before it was doing god knows why. Then tried to run the launcher as admin, got a bit farter, but after another maybe 10 minutes of waiting, I got another weird error from the installer. (didnt took note of it however) So now I'm stuck at re-downloading the full game again. Sigh, very good idea I had to buy the box edition. Good night and stay safe! ps. Don't worry Diablo, I'll come back for you.frosted14 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 need help creating HC :) as the title says im currently level 4 dh in need of a helping hand :)Qwertyu2 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Who wanna BASH BASHIOK free!!?? In game now come to me i got the blade. Friendly donations accepted not necessary. Inferno mp3 Ty I will keep him in here fro a whileKlebsiella11 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 first HC char so i finally made my first HC char (a monk) yesterday and im currently lvl 31. I just beat normal diablo and was wondering if anyone had a good idea what lvl/stats to be at certain points. like how much life/resists/dps should i have at nm butcher, belial, etc. also, if anyone wants to join me or help me out, my tag is nevr#1689nevr3 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 More Barb Advice.... I have settled upon using the WW spec over HotA for now and I am debating on switching out my SS for a sword that has an OS+2.6% LS +99% CD and over 100Vit only about 720dps though but it is offhand so who cares. I would change out IP for tough as nails to regain my armor lost by the shield or wait until an IK belt drops and then switch so I can mitigate the loss in AR too. With this much LS I won't need IP and I will pick up about 17K damage. I would also pick up 3 ticks based on the 15% attack speed bonus which would help my fury generation in the long run. What do you guys think? Edit I meant to say Nerves of Steal not Tough as Nails...CyLaNt2 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 going on hiatus . . . . 2 days ago in a grp, game frozed and dont seem to be recovering, alt-f4, log back in, friends' sad smileys messages popping up immmediately. had been squeezing out time from family commitments to play. is it worth it to continue playing when time is not of luxury, knowing that i WILL die randomly without control again?CLOUD14 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Mumble Server Bendis.typefrag.com Port 5500 Password diablo We have a small hardcore community and we are looking to expand. We have a beefy cm, barb, and my monk. Feel free to invite anyone you want and use the server as you please. I own the server and rarely play diablo anymore so people won't bother you. I just want to get my $$$ worth out of the server. There are private channels as well. Look forward to playing some HC with you soon. Also, if you have a mumble server with an active community please PM me or leave the info below I'd love to check you guys out. <-------conviction/cyclone monk :)JWNZ0 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 RIP p38 Well my first HC character was slain last night. Luckily it was by my own stupidity instead of a DC/lag. I made the switch over to CM wiz and put most of my eggs in one basket. All of my SC gold went into gearing her. I was in A1 mp6, and I had the fortunate scenario of having multiple trees aggro while fighting a frozen elite. Frozen a few times in succession which normally doesn't matter as a CM, as my LOH was high enough to keep me healed during the freeze. However, there wasn't enough LOH to heal me through some layers of poison that were subsequently thrown down. Dead at p38 Everyone says your HC character will eventually die, and I thought it would be heartbreaking when it did. In actuality, it wasn't bad at all, and its just a matter of a re-roll. Luckily I had 1 HF ring in my stash, so leveling should be a little quicker. I'm still shocked that I'm not as bummed out over the death as I thought I'd be. I'm assuming it was because it was on my terms, and not a DC. I love hardcore.doctornick9 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 RIP PL29 Wiz well it finally happened my first HC inferno death, at least it was on my own terms and not to a DC and ive had a few drinks to lesson the pain of my loss... farewell mighty Wizard you shall be missed. picture explains it all :-/ http://i.imgur.com/N7JS7we.jpgAgroAnt6 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 ISO 50-60 I have 29% gem, 23% leoric, and cains... anybody? price?Vikesfan3531 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Any bonus experience junkies out there? Anyone run with leoric+hellfire+ruby for paragon leveling? I can safely handle MP4 on my DH, but grinding paragon levels is so slow now and I am only in the 30's. I was thinking about maximizing the bonus experience to paragon level, but I would like some input on if I would be sacrificing too much DPS/EHP. These values are unknown but I am estimating on loosing around 20-40k DPS (from 100k) and maybe a quarter of my EHP. Would the experience bonuses surpass MP4 exp at MP1? Main interest is paragon leveling, not mfing.Zapata15 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 So I cant go back to Softcore. I played SC exclusively since release. I never though HC would interest me. Much less did I think I would have the *possibility* of leveling paragon on HC. That was just crazy talk. But eventually I became tired of the horrible SC economy and the worthless timesink grinding worthless items. What the heck, Ill try HC... Its cool... wait - its really cool. (Hit 60) whoo! WOW - the economy is freakin REAL?! Check that out! HC is the way to live. Even the community is better. I have a few times gone back to SC. It feels empty and pointless. Nothing to gain, nothing to accomplish. I cant imagine any reason I would go back. HC rocks.HogDogity19 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Klebsiella vs Superdawg!! I called out my boy Superdawg to a challenge. My paragon 86 to hit 93 before his 26 hits 65. Okay, some will say its not fair since it is double the xp but he has a barb and i have a monk. :) So we have till the end of the week, but its like whoever gets there, i suspect i can get there before end of the week. So if any people know us, root, chime in, !@#$icize!!! lol <-- Bush word. I will keep up with our progress. Prize is 100 mil, not much but what a 100 mil between the friends, plus it promotes our lazy asses to level up and do something. Its hard to play when you are almost 90, and he just lost a few characters so i am sure its hard fro him to be starting all over again.Klebsiella36 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 WTB UBER CARRY-YOUR MACHINES- Leviticus#1748 US SERVER Looking for uber run carry. Really want Hellfire ring. Message in game with prices. Add friend. Thank you.Leviticus0 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 WTB Uber carry your machines. looking for uber carry with your machines including pre clear and 5 packs low health ready to go. msg me here or add me ingame with message about ubers + fee and MP you can safely run thanks. looking for safe reliable services that do not cost too much.AgroAnt0 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Starting a New HC toon I've been reading alot of negetivity about HC and DC issues i very rarely get DCed so i wanted to give HC a test and see what the ending feelings on it are.... i know the risks and im about to dive head first.... For someone who has not played HC before what would you guys recommend the best class is for HC? im in a debate with myself over the monk and WD what do you guys think?ChronicL4207 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Looking for Uber Mates Add me.. See you in the game..Pinoy6 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Noob Deamon Hunter help Ok, its my second demon hunter, at ALL (softcore and hardcore) i am almost at lvl 60 and i am not sure how i proceed? Should i use shield? get more Vit and resists like other classes? Can anytone give me some guidelines to work with?Morghotias12 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Just a question on item lost on death. Do you just lose the equipped items or EVERYTHING on that character even if its on inventory area?zZKaZuRaZz7 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 need help with ubers? IF anyone needs a cm wiz for ubers (your machines) just send me a request ill be happy to help. BLOODZ6231#1389BLOODZ62310 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 1st encounter with the legendary beast of D3 Disconnect/Lag the Immortal. I shiet my pants and believe me ALL the God's name came out from my mouth chanting random prayers that I dont even know what it is. I survived that first attack thanks to high regen, armour, HP Thats it seriously, I'm going all in pussay style to a point skirt seems very masculine. &**($#&$^(*!!!!zZKaZuRaZz0 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Anyone got a good 2hand build for monk? Which would be the best 2hand build for monk in HC? TyJeff18 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 RIP Mahmood p85 WD DC during mp8 uber carry last of the 3 magda at 10% .... . Had a great run i suppose gg everyone who got to know me and ran with me its been real. gonna take a break from this now i think. PEACEMahmood24 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 What should I upgrade next? On my barb. Am I at the point where I need to start crafting or is still getting AH items cheaper? TyJeff2 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 AH GLITCH? 9mill boots vanish! i play Hardcore. I have a barb. I found some Immortal Kings strides for 9 mill that I liked so I baught them. I had 42 items in the completed section of the AH so I expected the boots to show up there and they did not. that was yesterday July 10. what is happening? did the boots just vanish and i'm out of luck and out of money? has this happened to anybody else?Aceshigh4 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 How did they force my max bid on the AH? How was someone able to force my max bid on the AH? The item was for sale for initial bid of 2k gold with a 5m b/o. I put a max bid in for 1m. I got it for 1m, no refund gold at all. How does that happen?Zork4 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 First level 60 After losing a few that were close to 60, I finally got a level 60 character, now to beat the last bit of Hell and enter inferno for the first time, wish me luck!bishop1 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Which ammy should I use? Playing Hardcore self found. My barb is lvl 54. 30k life, 2.2k dps, 1500lps. Which ammy should I use? On one hand I have armor, dps, and loh; on the other I have 9 all res and a bunch of vit. http://imgur.com/TaywmDwZivilynBane2 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 HC Ubers? I've been running quite a lot recently in HC MP4 public games. The end result, aside from some paragon levels, are keys and machines. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in doing HC ubers together. We can get 4 players, and for each run 3/4 of us each chip in a machine and 1/4 run for free. We take turns for that free run. I am comfortable doing MP4 or 5. Please let me know if you're interested, and we'll try to get a team going. Thanks, KerSlim#1334KerSlim4 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 So i started using d3up I have seem many links to this site, took a look at some profiles and stuff, but never really explored it So today i decided to make an account an started checking it, it is really awesome! It shows pretty much all you need to know about your hero, and you can edit/add stuff like passive or party bonuses, see how high your crits go.... anyways, it is really useful to get to know your statistics better But one question comes to mind, i have asked in the monk forum but didn´t get a straight answer, so i guess here in HC someone must know the true: does the ehp stats includes the 30% dmg reduction barbs and monks have? I did some very poor math, and it seems like it applies that reduction, but why doesn´t it show in the thousands of statistics that the site provides?Tubs2 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 looking 4 uber carry your machines, will payMischa0 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Very superstitious... I've come to find that I have a lucky scarf that wards off: evil spirits/DC's/fools-who-pull-five-elites-from-across-the-map-towards-group's-current-position-in-MP5/and other such undesirable circumstances... J/k. It only protects me from the evil of a chilly breeze. But seriously, I know in my bones and chromosomes that I'm not the only one with a good-luck charm or a ritual that ensures success. What's yours?LearnATrick6 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 #1 pvp monk streaming live w/ giveaways If your looking for a growing hardcore community and looking for new people to play with and maybe even grab some tips, Check out Ravenknot the #1 pvp monk streaming live now at manapot.com/ravenknot or at twitch.tv/ravenknot.Rome1 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 I think this is a sign... So the other day I was lvling my wizard and I encountered an elite pack and DC'd. I didn't care about him dying at all since he was an alt. I will miss that HF ring he died with but it can be replaced! Strange thing though, my internet was running perfectly fine. I could surf the internet and my girlfriend was still able to use her laptop while I was DC'd. I reset my router anyways and log back on to chat with some friends. After talking to a buddy of mine I log off and watch some TV. A few hours later, I decide I'll do a few runs on my barb to try and replace that HF ring but D3 won't even load up. After clicking play on the launcher, it no longer responds and just sits there. I have to end the task in task manager to get the program to end. This happened on Sunday but I've been busy lately and just got a chance to play tonight. I knew the problem wouldn't fix itself but I'm lazy and don't feel like reinstalling D3 -_- I've been holding off on studying for my Comp TIA Security+ certification a lot lately. I think this is a sign telling me I should probably go ahead and get that done instead of grinding to para 100. Honestly though, I'll probably get bored one day and end up reinstalling lol. It's just too much fun smashing demons!Planchard9 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 where does a3 keywarden hide? I've missed him on 3-4 stoneforts now...Mischa3 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Kids and Diablo 3 Does anyone have any funny/cute/tragic stories involving Diablo 3 and children? I thought the Hardcore forum might be a good place to ask this, since players here seem to be older in general, and thus more likely to have kids themselves. I'll share mine to start: A few weeks ago, I was babysitting for a wealthy family with two young boys. After I'd put the boys to bed, I sat down to play some D3. I was interrupted, however, by the older boy, who came downstairs complaining of an inability to sleep. He saw me playing my game, and asked "What is that?" "Oh, this is Diablo," I responded. At his request, I showed him some different skills on my Barbarian. (Don't worry; I was using the skills in town, so there wasn't any blood or other M-rated content.) After a few minutes, I took him up to bed and read him another story until he was fast asleep. I went back downstairs, and thought no more of the incident for a while. The next week, when I came to babysit for the family again, the Mom asked me a strange question: "Did you and ____ play with the gardeners last week?" This family, as I mentioned, is very wealthy, and they have a Mexican landscaping crew that comes by the house to take care of their property. I responded that, no, we hadn't. "Oh," she said. "Well, for some reason he won't stop talking about how he got to 'play with da Pablo', and I thought that might be one of the gardeners!"WordMaster21 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Uber pm 5 NOW ! Goldok#1360 Last slot, machine requierdGoldok0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Uber pm5 Now ! Goldok#1360 We are actually 3 ! Last slot, machine(s) requierd !Goldok0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Free Ubers carry Mp7 Add me in game, Your machines. Or i can use my machines 5m perFaithPlusOne0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 WW Barb / Desync Rubba-band To the guys that don't use WotB for WW, if there are any, do you see the desync issues with WW? I have done a few runs now and I have not noticed it. I haven't played this spec yet as I am just seeing what build works best. I can't keep WotB going full time yet so I am just doing a standard WW barb. I guess what I am trying to find out is the issue tied to WotB and WW or is it just WW.CyLaNt21 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Barbarian WW Equipment - What next? So, after losing 2 level 60s (both wizards) I decided to make a barbarian, since I read they have really high survivability. I have gotten myself to lvl 60 now and had some gold to put into equipment. I am still a newbie, but I play extremely safe (currently doing A1 MP0) until I feel I am able to move up into the following acts and MPs. I really need advice on what equipment to get. I watched a youtube guide on barbarian, but it was for patch 1.05. Regardless, I followed it somewhat and looked for gear with Vit + Res on defensive items. For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50u2TfUhx-g Thing is, I do not know where to go from here. So, if someone would be nice enough to check my profile and tell me what I should work on next, it would be greatly appreciated. Note: Keep in mind I am still a newbie and very poor, so budget items would be best, if you can. lol My ultimate goal right now is to be able to MP1 on A1. Thank you all in advance!KingKayzz10 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Long time HC, new to money, need monk help Hey, everyone. Due to what must be some sort of inside joke, I just sold two Sledge Fists for a million apiece. I've been playing Hardcore exclusively since last September. I've gotten to 60 a few times, deleted several characters. The last time I did something stupid and got killed, I started using a bunch of stored equipment to level up a ton of monks so I wouldn't be so devastated by a loss. I have no idea how much value I have stored in my stash, but I can generally rock through Hell and then die quickly in Inferno before getting to P10. Can someone give me advice on spending $2 million? Also, I love the low spirit bell, master of wind, fire mystic ally, mantra of conviction overawe build through hell, but it seems like it doesn't work as well in Inferno, and I'm sick of getting killed. Any advice on that would be appreciated too.Matt9 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Seeking WD Advice I'm seeking feedbacks for my WD. How are my gears? Is it ready for mp3 group play? I spent a total of 180m last night. I didn't take time to snipe the AH or anything. What about the current build that I'm using? Can I get some input on optimal performance for survivability on mp3? Here is a link to my toon: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/HojoKing-1150/hero/34764211 Lastly, I want to thank my brother from the different mother ChrisBo for giving me the Unity and the zuni boots. I love you man and will return the favor when I get a chance.HojoKing9 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 decent cm looking for help with ubers. I have 3 machines.Nahz0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 wtb plvl morning all, looking for a quick plvl before work in a couple hours. have cains, 27% ruby & gear for when i hit 50. 44-60 @250k/lvl. Add me Rocked#1793 thanks!Rocked0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 ISO Power levels currently level 25....but still in normal, so need Diablo killed.... will pay 200k per level...I have cains, 23% leorics, 29% gem, and 180 per kill gear.....So it should go pretty fast!!!Vikesfan3530 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 RIP Barb - 200m goldsink - yw! :) Better ID and log back on LoL. "Chest" 'click banner' - spin spin spin - hmm, screen looks a bit stuck...... "not enough fury to use this skill".... "you will be remembered".... whatevs... Guess I'll remake tomorrow, and make something better (and try to stay sober for the the first 30 plvls - maybe). TL;DR I'm stupid, how are you? :D [Edit] Screenshot: http://imgur.com/YDfpNHK [/Edit]ChillBill7 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 WD Looking for Hellfire Ring Group Title says it all. Emerald#1526 Edit: Title also says I don't know wtf the ring is called. Fixed.Emerald2 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Help this fail barb Ive been 60 in HC for bout four days now and am in need of a direction to go w/my barb. I know my AR is super high but my damage is crap any thoughts and mabye a possible spec i can go w/current gear to maximize what i have and any ideas for future improvement would be great.Basstia5 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 MP10 Self Found Wizard Death Pool - 3m !!! My first death pool, decided to roll an MP10 self-found wizzy: SelfRhychuss. RULES: Since I have lots of HC gold and level 10 artisan and jeweler, I will basically just be using gems and crafting from essences only this character finds...working with what I can here. I will set aside space in my stash for this. The AH will not be utilized in any way, shape, or form. You can bet on a Paragon Level. If she gets to Inferno I will probably just make into a normal character, but we shall see...I doubt that will happen! Thus far she is at level 8, and I am about to play some so take that into consideration as you place bets. You can only bet once. What most of you want to know: Winrar of the death pool takes 3m HC gold. GL all!!! EDIT: levels taken shown below (yes died at 10 from a VERY rare DC for me, but only 1 or 2 had bets in, therefore I'm rerolling so we can have an actual lottery here! DC deaths on the next character will count as a death, though I highly doubt that will happen.) bcd1024 27 BroJob 23 Trog 46 Cuny 57 huanAK 29 RoFerrari 35 JCRUZ 19 Mischa 18 krazlys 21 crazed123 20 Thominator 54 Sceiron 13 k1llface 49 tanhongyee 42 Khal 31 fatvirgin 33 Demiwraith 32 Jar 15 Trohck 44 Mantisfrog 45 Rockandsnow 39 Artman 37 Fury 51 las (ingame) 52 Lycotic 34 Revan 47 Anetheroc 50 Bangarang PL7 JasonLee 53GolfWang49 Jul 11, 2013