Jun 21, 2013 Pls add more characters slots! have 5 slots for sc, 5 slot for hc, but no slots for self-found : (. I have to delete my monk in hc, to play 1 self found (sf) character. I like to play all 5 classes in different types of challenges. DarkDarkRanger6 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 First HC 60 I've just hit level 60 on my first hardcore character (WD) and it's been a refreshing experience when it comes to D3. I started a couple of weeks ago with a friend of mine cause he had some time off so we played 2player for much of the journey. My first char was a Monk and I have found WD to be more fun, perhaps because i'm not constantly running in to attack then kiting while i wait for CD's. I pretty much only played SC upto killing inferno Diablo so i'm probably considered less than a beginner looking at what the scene is like now. I've got 2mil to spend on L60 gear, i've seen a few budget gear guides but some of the stuff recommended is pricey on the HC AH but i'll keep checking in for good deals :P. I've really enjoyed HC so far because any close calls really evoke a thrill and everything feels like an achievement, reaching 60 for example. My aim was to reach 60 on HC, i guess the next step is to trudge through inferno. Hardcore is definitely the right way to play the game.Ragnarok5 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Head of D3 I sacrifice a package of double stuffed oreos to your entire staff as long as I get at least 1 Legend drop worth keeping. It has been 10 games and no legends. Bad Luck is yeah.JohnnyPritch4 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Interesting ehp experiment (at least for me) So I always liked tank builds, first beat the game with a tank dh back in the day. For those who remember that, the tank dh was able to pretty much leech back all damage taken (gas grenades, etc...) and play til enrage times... It had pretty high ehp and wore a shield. So, I´ve been running experiments on my alt barb to make it as tankier as I can (not aiming for anything like the top guys at 11/12 mil ehp, but will be very satisfied if i can break the 3 mil mark). This built is of course different on the one previously mentioned for the dh, but the ehp is the similar part. Im sure there are plenty of people who already know this, but it came kinda of surprising to me and maybe it will help others. Many people relate ehp to AR, block and life, and try to stack as much of that. As surprising as it may seen, damage reduction from items or sets have a very significant impact on ehp, if not more at least at the same level at a much lower cost if you pick the right items. There are many items with that affix. I finally got a mempo and and an IK helm and did a quick test: I was already wearing two pieces of IK´s on my barb (gloves and belt). The mempo, which is about 3 times the price of the IK helm (on average, not talking about good deals from bids or friends), gave about the same ehp, life and dps (all within plus or minus 0,01%). I kinda expecting the same dps, since my mempo does not have cc, so i was trading it for the ias, but the significant AR boost was compensated by the 10% meele damage reduction from adding this 3rd piece (6 from the helm and 4 from the set). Of course one thing is numbers on paper and another is the game, im sure there will be situations/places where the extra AR is better than the meele reduction (I farmed extensively act 4 for the plan, for example, most damage there is from magical attacks), but still an interesting result i wanted to share. Cheers! Edit: ls and loh of course also have a significant impact, what was new to me was the very high impact of damage reduction items on paper ehp.Kamikaze13 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Looking for HC circle of friends guild, organization, whatever you call it. hate to play with random players.sparda33 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Playing with Others (Friend/Freshy Post) been playing solo this whole time, I may start a new guy in hardcore soon. anyone want to start a clan/group with me where we only play together? maybe 1 or 2 hours at a time when we all online? or maybe just some friends to hang with once in a while. #1899 please addTHCMistynug0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Liquid Rainbow Chest normal Anyone need liquid rainbow for their staff of herding? Spawned the chest in normal add me in game Dudenukem#1171. Will keep open for 15 mins, tips welcomedDudeNukem0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Doing a Plvl for free.... Kegger#1156 Plvl'ing a friend lvl23-50(maybe60) right now. first two with lvl 23 character + cains set and red gem, gets free plvl with us hurry hurry! THIS IS ON HARDCOREKegger0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Do Monks have good survivability? My alt was a Archon wiz and all it took was one DC.....thinking of rolling a Monk as a new alt. Are they fun to play? Archon got me interested in grinding again b/c it was alot of fun just beaming everything lol but I'm not putting that effort into it again if they are so easy to kill.MASKOAA21 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Early Money making tips? I played this game a while back and got a DH to 60 paragon 6, then quit. I have since returned and got a barb to 60 paragon 11 in a matter of a few days. I built a cheap 1m WW barb build and its ok for mp 3 and I am on the brink of survival on mp 5. Of course, once "beating" the game, the only thing left to do is farm. I have farmed collectively on my barbarian for about 17 hours and have nothing to show for it. I have only gotten 5 legendary drops, only 1 of which sold for 550k. The others where just complete junk. I want to be able to do MP 10 and actually make a profit and stop wasting my time farming for 500k a day on mp3. I know that making money takes time, but I'm making seemingly no progress on meeting any of my goals. I play a lot and I have a lot of time. I just need to get some money to start working towards better gear so I can do higher MPs. I AM NOT asking for handouts, but just advice on what to sell on AH, what to flip on AH, what gear to use with what stats, and things along those lines. All help is appreciated! Thanks! Here is a link to my barb for reference: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BlazunRazun-1348/hero/34126404BlazunRazun6 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 KillerElite 1 - Update monster 0 Foolish me, I did not turn off automatic updates for norton antivirus on my laptop. Mainly because I almost never use it to game on. I logged in to simply check the AH and then I thought 'I could probably do a VoTA run or two' That almost cost me my life. The first run went smoothly but after engaging the third elite pack on the second, norton antivirus restarted my computer to install updates. I built this guy to handle going afk due to a disco or whatever but I have never really tested in on elites. All I can say is that is was a group of 4 big !@# snake men and the only affix's I saw were frozen and fire chain. I killed one and injured the other 3 before teleporting away to avoid getting frozen. Immediately after teleporting, the game window minized and my computer restarted. My first thought was I am such a dumbass for not turning off that feature and the other thing was FU Norton. After waiting a long 3 or 4 minutes for the updates to install and my laptop to restart, I logged in expecting to archive him but instead he is alive and kicking. The moral of the story is that a disconnect does not always = death when fighting elites if you plan for the inevitable. Thankfully it was also on mp 1. Not sure how long he would have survived in a higher mp.KillerElite1 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 retrieved the soulstone today...(NM) 40-45 these past few days, found one or two interesting drops along the way, one upgrade (helmet). mobs in Kulle and desolate had me heartstrings twinging though. Kept telling myself this is just like Roma's death, your gear isn't good enough yet. see you all next week or something, hes earned his rest.THCMistynug0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 What do you do to protect yourself from a d/c Do you do anything to prepare for this? Run in groups only? have 2 mil eHP? Have 5k life regen? I'm running low mp's for now, so not so much of an issue. I've been relying on my 2nd life passives (SV, UA, etc.), group members (Playing pub games, so could be hit or miss), and on a tiny reserve of gold in case i need to buy new gear for a next generation toon. What's your guys approach if any?Thunder23 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 RIP Darkmatter - First HC Death I had the perfect storm of things contribute to my death, none game related. I am definitely following the "One tip to survive HC" tips closer on my new Barb. I was helping my friend lvl in A2-Hell, MP10 - Fighting Belial. Things I did wrong: -It was late, I was tired. -Had a few beers. -I had a purely offensive build - had on GF and BR, no SV. Mojo no shield. -I was messing around, not paying attention. -Cat was nagging for attention. Had Belial down to about 10% health, got nailed by the clusters of green. I had health pot and SW up, but my reaction time was just not there. Sat in disbelief for a few good minutes... Luckily my friend's monk was able to finish him off. Also sold an item on AH for 5 mil, so that is helping with the re-roll and the pain =)darkmatter9 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 If you are a DH that does mp5+ solo I need... advice (ran out of room) any DH play MP5+ solo? I want to farm keys on mp5, but I can only handle mp 2 solo. I would like to see your build/stats. Also is the act 2 keywarden still dangerous due to its ability to reflect attacks dangerous?Zapata13 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Want to Break 100kDPS Hey im a WD, and was wondering if you guys could look at my gear and tell me where i can more or less "easily" increase my DPS, ive been stuck around 70-85k and just cant quite seem to get over that plateau Thanks guys KiloKilo3 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Goal: 5 HC 60's - Self Found After several tries, I finally got my barb to level 60 yesterday in HC. Not only was it my first HC 60, but it was also my first totally self found 60. There were 3 or 4 disconnects along the way, fortunately I was geared for the occasions, and my party members bailed me out on one champ pack while I disconnected with Ignore Pain freshly cast. My Goal is to level a DH, Monk, Wiz, and WD to 60 in addition to my barb in HC with only self found loot. I am only using gems that I find or craft (no stars yet obviously), found and crafted items from my account, and will not purchase anything from the AH (even gems/plans). After I have 5 60's, I will continue the grind through inferno and the MP levels as far as best I can using these methods. I have played SC and used the AH plenty over the past year. After all the recent talks of self found, and HC being where it is at, I decided to give it a go. No bias towards self found or AH/No AH implied whatsoever. Advice?KevMama2 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 How many HF Ring do you have or used to have? me = zero = nil I'm still chasing for my first one.HojoKing30 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Pause/disconnect to save my life? I've made a couple of barbs in the past and they always die because they get caught in a group of mobs while whirlwinding. I would be 3 screens away but apparently I was slowly getting beaten to death by a large group of zombies or something. So I was wondering (cause I really enjoy playing a barb) can I pause the game when this rubberbanding pops up and wait for it to disconnect to save my char? And to be clear I have no problem losing a character to getting owned, but losing barbs for no reason is pretty soul destroying. Watching the screen as your character slowly dies for reasons out of your control is just balls.Colin10 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Farming Act3 MP1-3 Looking for friends who can farm Act3 MP1-3 regularly. Add me if you feel lonely too nathan1991#1582nathan19913 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 How long for armory update? Beat inferno a few days ago and my page still won't show it. Also won't show for my party members. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it take for you page to finally refresh?Dubwise4 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 What happened to diablo 3 HC?? Now im not all whaa whaa whaa i dont like new !@#$. But where is the new %^-*? What content does this game have ? Farming and duels? Duels? really? I played diablo 2 for 4-5 years. Hardcore mode had open world pvp..you could hostile players in games and hunt them down. Maybe they would !!*!%### you maybe you could kill them. You could create low level toons twinked out to do massive damage and duel other players.. or hunt players down. Ironman games were players leveled a toon from 1-9 in the same game and then fought to the death. Content??? Hardcore mode that was acctually Hardcore and unlike anything that was in other games. You know.... things that were fun that made the grind fun and worth doing.. This game has nothing. No pvp on release. The most basic pvp now thats totally unrewarding. How much money and time did you have to make this game and this is what you came up with. Whaa but i dont want to be pked. Well thats what softcore is for. Diablo 2 HC mode had some real depth to it for players looking for more. Content other games didnt have. Even path of exile had been talking about a perm cutthroat league where you can pk other players and take there loot. But who cares Path of exile is garbage. This was one of the most looked forward too games of all time and this is what we get. The combat in this game is !@#$ing amazing but so what.. No content. Unrewarding. The indie game i play adds more content in patchs then you do and you are blizzard. Its so sad i could cry.Alittlepiggy3 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 When you die this is what you do.... On the 18th June i was killed by a DC p80 (5 bar) On 19th June i went from 0 - Paragon level 16 (76 levels) Today i played just before work and lunch break. njow Paragon 18.5 (under 2 hours) When you die you mourn and move on and come back harder.....Highlander236 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Teach me to play WD I finally got around to leveling my WD and it's a blast. Even without decent gear I breezed through Act 1 Inferno. I also survived my first DC (Inferno Cathedral level 3). I plan on gearing on a tight budget at first, Intelligence, Vitality and AR. I will mostly use the WD for public games. I've been thinking about something like: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfhUYT!ace!acaacZ I'm not sure about Blood Ritual but it seems awesome. I also feel like maybe I'm missing out without Soul Harvest. Mana doesn't seem to be a problem so far since MP0 mobs melt, but in higher MPs will I need to drop Acid Cloud for Firebomb? I'd love tips and tricks, and let me know if I'm doing something stupid so I can learn please.bcd102411 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Hero died with for no reason, anybody?? Hey, My Munk level 60, P45 just died for no reason. Was playing inferno act 1 mp 3. In fields of misery i went to pick up a rare item when my hero just lost all life within 1 sec. Took a screen dump of the moment. No enemies, no danger, no poison, no nothing. Just died! How can this even be possible, and can I not get i restored to life?? Thx for nothing BlizztardsDKDennis6 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Died... moving on now My young and spoiled DH got hit with a java error, twas his time. Anyone up for starting a new character with me, I was thinking mp5, but i'm flexible symantics#1221Symantics0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 [US] 130k DPS wiz - on a hellfire mission (6 Hi all: I've never done HC ubers I'm finally ready to risk it all for a !@#$tily rolled HF ring. I'm looking to assemble a group of people similar to me, a coalition to bring 6 machines to the table so we can stretch our uber runs as far as possible. I'm not looking for a carry, I'm hoping there are others like me to go through this brave act as a team. Here's what I'm thinking. 4 people with 6 machines = 8 runs. 1st run on MP3 to get our bearings. Next 3 runs on mp4. we reassess at that point and see if we want to push to mp5 or stay at mp4. my Btag is RodManCometh#1868 my profile is here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/RodManCometh-1868/hero/30144074 I'll be looking to do this anytime in the next 2 weeks. (this weekend might be a bit busy unfortunately)RodManCometh6 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Huge disappointment lol http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9344414648#1 I was playing act3 MP5, doing key runs with my buddy. We smashed the mob right by the backdoor and a legendary chest armor dropped. I hovered over it and assumed it was my first tyreals. After noticing the item level said ???? I was like, wtf? so I identified it and it was a level 36 item from mp5 inferno! That damn scripted golgor has a bugged monster level, so don't get your hopes up if it drops anything. This leads me to believe skipping it is the best course of action.FatZero1 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Hardcore Roadmap? (or when to advance?) I was wondering if there was any kind of recommended roadmap for minimum level/DPS/eHP by difficulty and Act/Boss. I'm very new to HC. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to kill the Butcher at level 16 WD with 49 DPS and 1,078 eHP. I'm still really nervous about it. All the HC guides say "know your exit route", and we all know there are no exit routes with bosses. Even assuming I get past this, I know I'll have the same dilemma when the other bosses come up. I especially hate Belial. So has anyone figured out the best numbers to have for each Boss/Act as you progress?Xeju2 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Storm Armor as an Archon Wizard So I know it's been brought up before, but I'd just like to add my voice to the mix... I've been running Act 1 MP1 recently and my wizard has gotten to the point where the only thing that really poses a legitimate threat of death anymore is DC's, so I decided to try dropping Energy Armor for a little bit to see if my survivability would really take a hit or not. I have over 4% lifesteal and enough DPS and experience to keep Archon up (~524k EHP with Archon up but no EA; ~679k EHP with both) with very rare screw ups anymore - might as well give it a shot. Turns out Storm Armor is an amazing idea. When I'm active, I really only feel the difference between EA and SA if I do something completely stupid like take multiple beast charges, stand in trees, etc. Other than that, with Life Steal, it feels no different against whites or elite packs. And on the upside of things, if I go inactive, my survivability skyrockets against white mobs. My paltry life steal (compared to Barbs, at least) is enough to outlast their life, which is all you really need if you DC, and is way better than counting on some increased EHP to outlast the disconnect timer. Against elites it's a little more dubious; I probably wouldn't live through a full-health pack and I'd definitely be screwed against a severely-DC-punishing affix (e.g. desecrate), but punch for punch, the life return from at least having SOME damage output while DC'd seems to stand up to the raw mitigation given by EA. Both ways are sketchy, but I feel as if I'd have better odds with Storm Armor up as it stands right now. - So to all you Archon wizards out there, I would definitely recommend not necessarily running out and switching to Storm Armor immediately, but watch how much damage you're taking if you're running EA+prismatic. If you're starting to get into the realm where excitement doesn't really happen to you, I would highly suggest choosing to swap armors with Storm as opposed to, say, turning the MP level up one. Makes for faster runs, too.Inune16 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Can someone open act 3 hell first quest pls? Hello, If you could help add me in game. Lonk#1963Lonk0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Looking for gear upgrade advice. Looking for some tips and pointers on upgrading gear. Thanks.VernLad2 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 and yet again post 1.08 freeze up. Never posted, never commented.. But now I have built 6 CM wizards who have died because the game froze since patch 1.08. Of course Blizard told me when I tried to tell them there was a problem post 1.08 of the issue that "they have no reports of problems wherein the game freezes". And yet I see post after post of people declaring they have game freeze ups. This event was NOT related to my computer nor my internet. Had a voice chat that was rock solid through the entire event and I am posting now from the same computer which is even now still "frozen up". Again this is not the first time, nor the second.. but the 6th one. I play HC because the people here are better to hang out with, and there are added thrills. I post this because prior to 1.08 I had NO such issues. I have reloaded my computer and the game and yet it still occurs. It has only happened since 1.08. It is my opinion that there are issues in the 1.08 release. Unfortunately until we can start documenting some evidence Blizard is not going to acknowledge or fix the issues. We need the voices. Don't need the posts of "your whining". I don't want my char replaced. I want to generate enough attention that Blizard will fix this. Please Just post a note if you have lost a character POST 1.08. Maybe we can get them to start considering finding and fixing the issue.LazyMutt43 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Demonic Essence farming group MP7+ My friend Learned Hand and I had great results farming essence at MP7 this morning. We did Vault of the Assassin only. I stayed in game and traveled between elite packs. He tp'd to me and used Wrathquake (WotB - Insanity + Earthquake) to melt the elites quickly. He then left game and came back to reset cooldowns, repeat. Add me if this is your idea of fun. Ideal teammates would be high DPS barbs and MoC monks. You really don't need crazy EHP because the elites die in seconds, but DPS is important for this to work. I concede it's a little gimmicky but then again, this dropped for me during one run: http://i.imgur.com/ryv6tdx.jpgVeePow27 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 D3Rawr adds armor in vit calculation...... http://i.imgur.com/n6SuFm5.jpg Why is my armor changing? I was comparing a Life rolled IK chest to a higher vit rolled one...the only stats I changed were the life/vit rolls nothing else.MASKOAA3 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Self-Found WD LF Players Looking for some people to join me on my quest to 60 and beyond. Self-found only. Obviously you can sell things on the AH for gold, but cannot purchase anything. I'm already level 31 in Nightmare A1. I'm enjoying my climb to the top, who else would be interested in playing this way? Hit me up online :) Creative#1513 I'll be on most likely after the NBA G7 Finals ofc :) Post up if any questions :) *USEastCreative2 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 To the para(17) Wizard I just saw die... I think I have PTSD now; and I think you probably do too. Don't step on poison flowers from now on, okay?LearnATrick0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Starting nightmare on my first HC toon. =) Hi to all the HC'ers out there, I would never post something like this to do with sc, but this community seems worth talking to, I get a nice feeling from the HC forums. Anyway, I've just killed D on normal last night and started a tiny bit of nightmare today, I'm yet to drop the difficulty below mp10, but something tells me I may need to by the time I get to hell. This thread's about two things, one is to ask a little advice on sticking with LS for a barb. Have people tried relying on it this early in the game before and how successful is it? I have a feeling I'll need to add some loh before I get to inferno in the end. (No one on my list plays HC) The other thing is if there are any HC players out there who want to play with or befriend a HC noob, add me. I don't plan on being lv.35 for long. =) Disease#1766Disease1 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Streaming MP7 runs with giveaways http://www.twitch.tv/cheezeits11 Doing giveaways all stream long!Cheezeits2 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 power leveling plz well, I just lost my level 58 wizard to a desecrator a-hole. tried teleporting but he just stood there looking stupid, no lag however, it just didn't wanna teleport out of that area. so instead of moaning and groaning about it, how much would power level cost? =Phenry0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 WTB HC Power Level add me in game : ScarfDeath #1560 i will pay with Softcore Money.ScarfDeath4 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 First time HC'er, looking for players First time playing HC, barb, lvl 52 and would like to play with a group. I won't join a public game because of the PKer I've read about. Had a few scary moments running alone and would like others to level with. Anyone? I'm going to play for a bit, check back in a while.CerealKiller1 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Please, feedback on my DH. Talk about gear, skill sets, etc. What you like and what you don't like, and break down act 1 mp farming as I am still learning.Dead11 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 looking for cheap plvling i dont have much. i can pay up to 6 mil to lvl to 60. i know that's not a lot. but that all i have. if interested add me in game. thanksClownnut0 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 21, 2013 Hardcore MP10 Play Through Me and my brother are playing through Hardcore on MP10 all the way through, are at a4 NM and haven't found one Unique. Is this normal? I quit playing a week after launch day and me and him just started yesterday I have a 51 WD and he has a 50 Monk. I was just wondering do Uniques mostly drop better in late hell and Inferno? Is there a certain place to farm in hopes of grabbing an early unique or is this normal and I should just keep going? Like I said it's been a while and all the patches and changes I figured drops might be better.Godgiven4 Jun 21, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 Is Grenadier meant to be a joke for HC DH? Is Grenadier meant to be a joke? Barbarian - Relentless Monk - Near Death Experience Wizard - Unstable Anomaly Witch Doctor - Spirit Vessel Demon Hunter - ? How about something that give us a Smoke Screen when receive fatal damage every 120 sec?Logic18 Jun 20, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 Level 20 Barb Down :( Man, it just happened all of a sudden. Lots of mobs hitting me at once and my health was drained. WTF... :(OneShot7 Jun 20, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 How many HC characters have you lost? Just started HC this week and I'm curious on average how many characters you guys have lost. Also, I rolled a Wiz. Am I doomed with this softy?DJense50 Jun 20, 2013
Jun 20, 2013 New hardcore player =3 As title says, would love people to play with, or tips and stuff to help me play better in hardcore, i'm a lvl 10 monk atm. Killjoy63#6709killjoy633 Jun 20, 2013