Hardcore

Mar 30, 2013 Just upgraded and... Picked up 23K DPS, 0.6 prot at the expense of a measly 5K HP and no loss to eHP! WooT!!!Rav1n1 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 30, 2013 How did your DH look @ 30/ up 2 Azmodon tips? RIP soooo many chars. I enjoy every minute of it though... even if i do forget to play smart sometimes. still my hunger for set items and to stay out of first act is obviously burning me a bit. lol. gotta keep up with the homies too. what do you do (routine) when you slow down? idk... tips are very much appreciated, thans! gfunkGpffPhunk6 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 30, 2013 LF nightmare group currently a lvl 32 dh in act 1 nightmare right now looking for some people to play with just so it's a little more fun (and form a bond that lasts forever and ever). Playing with self found gear only but I think I'm still doing decent, and Idc if you use ah gear, but I like to share gear with whoever I play with if it's an upgrade for them friend me in game please froman#1289FROMAN3 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 30, 2013 First time witch doctor I'm looking to play a witch doctor for the first time, and I'm gonna do it on hardcore, what do you guys recommend skill + gear wise? (leveling and at level 60)UmbreIIa9 Mar 30, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Gem Crafting Costs Table I decided, for my own benefit, to make a table showing gem crafting costs in gold, tomes, and flawless squares. I decided that, since I already did it, I might as well share it. So here it is. http://i.imgur.com/sJtYM.png To clarify, these are the costs assuming you're starting from flawless squares. If you're curious, the algorithm to calculate that was a simple one-liner T = N[{Table[Sum[S[[1, j]] 3^(i - j), {j, 1, i}], {i, 1, 6}], Table[Sum[S[[2, j]] 3^(i - j) 10^-3, {j, 1, i}], {i, 1, 6}]}]; Where "S" is the individual cost of each craft, S = {{3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 20}, {30, 50, 80, 100, 200, 400}}; (in kilogold, which is why I inserted the factor of 10^-3)Bottle8 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 need an inferno wp can anyone give me the last wp in act 3 inferno? i can pay if needed. noquarter#1964noQuarter1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Tips for Wizard in NM/Hell and Inferno I have Lv40 wizard, and currently in act 2 NM. So, there are couples of questions I want to ask in here. So, in higher difficulty, what is the minimum HP I should have? And should my wizard uses shield over source in later difficulty? Also, what is the best build for HC wizard in higher difficulty? I don't really want to use CM/WW build because my fingers hurt every time I use it in SC mode.KevinD10 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 mp5 uber run i have two machines. if anyone has another or more and wants to do some mp5 runs, hit me up...DOPEBODY#1878DOPEBODY0 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Ready for Act2 Inferno? Just curious if my barb is capable of completing act 2 inferno MP0. This is my first HC char and I have yet to experience the sting of death, playing it very safe and want to keep it that way. I can totally stand in anything on Act1 and breeze through but as I remember way back when my SC barb was progressing act 2 was a huge wall, granted this was way before the many many nerfs. So if anyone could advise me on what I need to upgrade before moving into it or if I should already be fully able to roll it i'd appreciate any advice.Bloodshed2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Inspiring presence? What do you guys think about this passive? I've been using it along with superstition and nerves of steel, and I find if you have at least 50k health it's an incredible passive that basically makes you take little to no damage from anything if your all res and armor is high enough. Anyone else use this? Any recommendations for replacements? I've been playing with passives and I find superstition and nerves of steel to be pretty much required unless your gear is godly.UmbreIIa11 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Start Azmo quest in normal for me Ill pay 25k all u need to do is start it for me.Crusade1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Finally convinced my friend to play Diablo HC Doesn't have a softcore char, invite my other friend to level with us and take off. Get to level 30 with a few close calls, lvl'ing on mp 10 because hey it's more fun on normal that way, and then what happened next you would never believe. We started swinging at air....over skype i yell, I lagged out please cover me, o !@#$ I lagged out too, call to third friend to cover us, he's lagged out as well. We get kicked with the Error 3003 to log back in a min later to 3 dead characters. Monk. Witchdoctor. And barb. Rest in peace Needless to say it was his first time on diablo and this (being dc'ed) being a regular occurrence he doesn't think he'll be back anytime soon. I hate to beat a dead horse, but when time and hours are put into characters they should not die to disconnect. Let the abusers abuse it, but when the internet hiccups or there is a problem with the servers it should NOT end in us, the users, losing characters. To you who disagree, this isn't something that should be ignored. Our heroes should be dying glorious deaths to champ and elite packs, not to some white mob slowly beating our character to death. What's it going to take to get a disconnect from server to not kill our beloved heroes? And yes I'll be leveling new chars because I enjoy the journey, as well as the destination. However I thought group play was supposed to be encouraged, losing potential players because of this issue DOES NOT HELP ANYONE!Ibyrius5 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 PSA: Possibly Duped BT Chest On HC AH :/ Search for BT chest with str, int and 200+ vit http://i.imgur.com/QaNjgz7.jpg Pic of the chest http://i.imgur.com/hnSMgax.jpg I know tht the AH used to be glitchy a few weeks back and show items even after the auction time ran out... But I believe it got fixed quite a while ago... I just hope this is another glitch and not a duped chest -_-ZealousAngel7 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Anyone die wearing a hellfire ring yet? Just curious if anyone has gotten shafted while wearing their nice new shiny ring yetMatez0r22 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Never do bosses At level 59 and 7/10 towards level 60, DH dies in one fireball from Azmodan on hell with 40k hp, even though I vaulted out of the way, it still killed me instantly. Seriously, every freaking boss is ridiculous and can 1 shot kill you, except for Diablo. First time I died and it was a bullsh*t death, so annoying. Well lesson learned, I'm not doing bosses anymore.KingCronus60 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Exp Farming After finally killing diablo in inferno few hours ago, I'm settling in for the long haul of paragon exp farming. I would like to ask the community for advice on gearing for high efficiency exp farming without leaning towards either EHP or DPS and/or skill build.DarkSeraphim25 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 died in HC to the waller bug... just lost my lv 67 wiz to the waller bug.... they dropped wall on me, desecration under me, frozen orb ticking away..... wall fell off, frozen orb blew up and i died. wonderful.... didnt even get an honorable death.Nintura39 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Kill diablo 10x Finally, all 10 characters in SC and HC all completed all their inferno quests and killed diablo. Does that mean there is no reason to play anymore? We'll see...vondoe3 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 LF fresh inferno group to farm mp1 Just got into inferno on my first hc character, looking for some buddies to farm withLachdanan1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Power leveling i'm 37, and need to up 60. Hadès#2793 , add me and tell me your price :)Hadès0 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Killed by a glitch http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/u621/roland522/Screenshot003_zps9da7d1f3.jpg I found out d3 saves your death screenshot so I thought I would share mine. Got knocked off the map and couldn't move. With the elites right there had no time to tp. I was only paragon 5 so I didn't lose too much but still sucks. Not really complaining though. Just started hc a couple months ago and I'm very glad I switched. So much more fun than sc. Even with this and the game lock up that killed my p25 wd it's still way better than sc. Time to play my new level 60 wizard!Roland11 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Thanks Fox and LSU Was great playing with you guys, would definitely vouch for you. Sorry about what happened LSU, I swear the DC monster is the biggest menace of all.. RIP and pm me any time if you need an extra player or any assistance with anything.Haddock0 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Another one bites the dust... Kinda new to HC and was fun for awhile. First DH died due to my own mistakes, so I kept at it. Tonight though... doing an A3 run then suddenly noticed none of my spike traps were laying down, tried to alt+f4 out with hope but no dice... I swear blizz has a worse server(s) for HC than they do on SC. I've been on SC for this entire time and rarely had these little lag spikes, and then ultimately the 'big one'.Lightsworn2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 LFM for mp5 12portal uber run looking for 2 more people we currently have a 140k unbuff dps wd or paragon level 100 230dps unbuff DH and a 70k unbuff conv monk. very good group. Add Jcm#1545Jcm1 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Tired of mass QQ (my char died) threads QQ More you baddies. Blizz unleashed me onto you glass-cannon builders so you can stop complaining and blaming them for your connection issues. Flooding our beloved HC chat with QQ stories about (insert baddie name) Died due to D/C. I wish they never had nerfed Inferno so much, no way 90% of you would have hit 60. let alone paragon lvls. Be HAPPY blizz catered the nerf to you baddies so you can even reach such feats.. now Re-Roll, sit down, and be quiet.Rawitch92 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 10k Elites, 40k to go? Cain: How many elites, have you killed? IllIllIlllIlI: Uh, I'm not quite sure s-- Cain: Barbarian... IllIllIlllIlI: Yes? Cain: I asked you a question. IllIllIlllIlI: Ten thousand and seventy three sir. Cain: TEN THOUSAND and SEVENTY THREE. Ten thousand and seventy three. IllIllIlllIlI: Counting today sir, yes. Cain: What's the best way, to go about playing hardcore? IllIllIlllIlI: The way you don't die sir. Cain: Ha ha, that's a good one. That's spoken like a wild man. That's good.IllIllllIllI7 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Any Key farmers online tonight? mp2-mp4 112k dps DH LFM FlaX#1693FlaX0 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 I did it! HC Inferno Diablo is dead! What a big relief! My WD was definitely ready for Diablo. I don't think I dropped below 1/3 health the entire Diablo fight. I might have dropped to 25% life a couple of times in Act 3/4. No disconnects. I don't play when lag hits. And I don't play in groups. Combine some luck, a decent computer, a very good router and a quick connection and safe play. Well, I started Hardcore in about mid-December. I lost a 15th level DH to stupidity and 60th level Barbarian to under gearing the content before finally getting the job done with a Witch Doctor. I consider myself, previous to Diablo, a very casual player. So getting into Hardcore is a major step. Finishing the game in Hardcore Inferno is a huge achievement. Outside of a weapon/helm donated by this faithful community, all of the gear is from: AH from money I found or made selling items, crafted by me or found by me. But thanks to many of you for your advice and other forum posts that help get me there! What's left? Well, I have a few goals left. 1. Get to 60 with every character in HC. I have a Monk that is getting close, then DH and Wizard to complete all 5. 2. Get my WD up in MP-levels to start key farming and ring farming. Hellring is my next HC achievement. 3. Complete other achievements in the game. 4. Continue to have fun with the game. 5. Wait for more wicked updates and content for the game. Thanks all for the support! Have fun out there! DennisSunzar12 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 TR Bugging - Mouse Problem? So, I found out I can't play a TR build the way I want 'cuz TR keeps bugging on me. Every time I try TRing for a while, my Monk stops and TR goes on global CD, and does a normal attack. I'm guessing it's my mouse. I have TR as my right click (I don't want to place it elsewhere), and I'm guessing that's the problem. So, either new mouse or no TR Monk for me.MasterBaker5 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 I Beat the Lag Monster this morning! Wahoo! Not saying this is going to work for everyone, in every circumstance. I think I mostly got lucky. At any rate my DH was rolling through rakkis crossing, when all of a sudden all the monsters vanished, blinked back for a second... when everything froze.. "crap!" right? Well, after having a previous character go down to lag, this time I didn't freak out, I dropped a turret, and calmly used my mouse to carefully vault where I had already cleared. After a few seconds, the common rubberband effect happened, and my character did what I told it to, and it rubberbanded away from certain death! That should be an achievement... im just saying... Again, I'm not saying this strategy will always work, but it at least gives you a shot. If everything freezes, don't just sit there, use skills to either hope for escape in a directed route, or use some kind of mass damage area of effect right around your character a bunch of times. Might work, might not, but better than just letting the Lag Beast win!LorrTheo6 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 RIP Vengeful Didn't died of a glorious death, just power-outage. Will be coming back to whip Diablo again.DarkSeraphim2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Wasted Gold out of curiosity :( Had about 13million yesterday. Now im down to 1.25mil. I should have just bought cheap, but wasn't thinking. I wanted to test out the Spite and Revenge and though it would be a nice upgrade, a little low on the dps (75kdps was the dps). But wow is it slow. I lost about 7k hp, atk spd was only 1.99 (with my calamity and quiver it's 2.20) and my bow is 1.95 atk spd. I was expecting at least 2.20 atk spd. I made sure to buy 1h crossbow with 1.78 atk spd (just like my calamity) the other 1h bow had 1.6 atk spd (equipped this on my offhand, since i suppose it isn't suppose to affect much except for, by default, adds 15% atk spd). Am I missing something here. How do 2 1h crossbows work. I should have asked this before buying them.aztecwarrior6 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 I need azmo quest NORMAL paying 25kCrusade2 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 29, 2013 Need some power leveling 53-60 msg with priceCogburn0 Mar 29, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 powerlvl looking for some, 33+Cogburn5 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Power levelling in 2 hours (offline) Add in game for pl il0v32r00t#6530 talk price ect pay per 10 lvls also guys please add vouch for your service ;)il0v32r00t5 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Item Chest and item compro Well only a baby HC player, but one thing I find more than anything with HC is that the chest is so inadequate its not funny. I am always keeping my 2nd teir set and 3rd tier set in case of death, and then the variations for different builds plus the leveling items that its a little silly how inadequate the chest is. Obviously we create mules but that is so annoying - I am thinking of leveling a spare toon over a period of time and just realised that all my gear is so everywhere its almost easier to buy it all (which i suppose you could easily do if you roll a big gold stash) Wish they did allow you to buy more than 3 tabs, maybe 5 or 6 .. never had this issue in SC as no need for backup .. Anyway just a thought - or at least it would be nice to move all your gear about from the chars out of the game... say in the auction house.. Finally I had this gripe from launch and thought they would have done something... would be nice to compare things in AH like in game where you would get the net effect rather than having an external spreadsheet calc.. comparing 10 items just takes lots of time, not sure if this is to make people buy items that may not have the intended effect as a lesson or just really lazy...FraG8 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 WTB Hardcore power level, paying SC gold Add in game Belton#1555 and we can discuss price.Belton2 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Just killed inferno diablo I'm happy i was able to solo it with my first char to reach lvl 60 in hc, izzy was more scary :]Indigent0 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 My computer just froze...and the result is... I'm aliiiive! Lucky me. Freeze was in VOTA immediately after killing the spider boss guarding the body. I had the enchantress chilling out and my garg but I was pretty sure there was nothing else nearby. I'd already cleared the fog prior to picking up the body. First time it's actually frozen for me. Anyway - I think it's a sign for me to go and kill some more demons.GLHFPoxy4 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Doing UBERS tonight mp 4-5. XLaStStandX#1655 Each person is responsible for 3 Infernal machines. With a group of 4 people we will have a total of 12 portals. - Wizard -XLaStStandX3 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 ISO advanced WW barb advice I am looking for an advanced mathcraft+battle-worn WW/sprint veteran to read over my itemization, correct any wrong assumptions I have made, and suggest how to fill the holes left by said wrong assumptions. If I have somehow planned properly just say, "proceed with my blessing. or carry on. etc" OK so I recently bought a dagger, in hopes of going back to sprint/ww build. The dagger is currently being used by my wizard for lifesteal while I rebuild my ww set. I've never seen a shield ww barb use dagger mh so I was wondering if maybe it's not a good idea. I built a budget set not long ago, some of which I have equipped right now on the barb. It is functional, but I have played it very little because it is unsatisfactory... as should be expected from ww barb's higher cost requirements. I mean, it is playable, but the only way I can describe it is disappointing. I have very high health sustain training wheels too so I can afford to fail quite abit without dying while I tweak :p At the current stats, with passives my aps is 1.74 and crit goes to 48% with battle rage; I have done one single run at mp4, which I found to be extremely slow, and when I drop the mp level lower, my wotb falls off a lot I know this is attributed many things. 1. to my lack of attack speed, even with WOTB up, I'm not even into the 6.67 ticks per second breakpoint. 2. lack of experience with offhand toggling. I can't get the dagger ticking on the first try. Half of the time I have to wait to hear the blunt sound before knowing to re-cast WW to get the slicing sound on sprint ticks. 3. my base crit is low 4. I tend to spam sprint and battle cry when wotb is up to expend more fury, and at my low APS it messes up the RLTW ticks even more when I cast a new one. I forget the max number of cyclones isn't like CMWW wiz. So my plan with the dagger... I want to try to use it with a crit shield. With just the mediocre +13% IAS I have now, the 10% crit from shield to make up for the 10% I will lose from switching off mace, the 15% IAS I will gain from dagger passive to make up for the dual wielding bonus, WOTB will actually put me into the 8.67 ticks per second breakpoint due to the 1.5 base AS of daggers. While WOTB is up 1. RLTW at 8.67 is enough for me to sustain my fury 2. WW channeling cost per second will increase, so more fury gain will be registered for thrive duration, and 3. I can reduce the amount of sustain down to 3-5 lifesteal range due to the extra mitigation from shield, and upgrade to witching hour sooner. WH+inna's will put me past 9 breakpoint, I don't need 10 ticks. 4. I will no longer need to listen for tick sounds because they will all tick at the dagger's speed increasing easymode for me.Bnetplayer14 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Sigh, another disconnect death. paragon 40 this is my 5th or 6th DC death. im playing my barb, usually running WW but decided hammer of the ancients looks like fun. turns out it was, i had like 70% buffed cc, and was just slamming through everything, was taking me some time to get used to it, but i was moving along in mp2 with little trouble (health never dropped below 80%, i usually ww through mp2 easy). health is never really an issue for me, i have tons of life leech and pretty solid resists/hp suddenly, third pack in core of arreat (i was only doing core just to see if i enjoyed this) and it looks easy, i rend them right off, start hammering. get a couple good hammer strikes and suddenly im swinging at air. i run back and pause, sometimes it just needs to catch up. returns me to title screen, dead barb. bunch of friends of mine also disconnected from server. getting sick of this, i found my folder of deaths the other day, and i have 2 legitimate, non disconnect deaths. (when you DC it wont take a death image since you arent in game). might make a wiz, might finish grinding my WD to 100, might quit this game until the next patch/expansion, as it appears it is only a matter of time until i lose everything to DC.Isolation28 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 RIP - First HC 60 An unfortunate afternoon. I got one shotted by Azmodan's fire ball at full health, which was targeting my friend. Apparently it does quite a bit of damage and isn't confined to the person it is after. As I learn one lesson of boss mechanics, I would greatly appreciate any criticism on my gear anyone has to offer. Was on MP1, had about 530 or so AR, about 5400 armor, somewhere near 1500 LoH, pretty good life regen, and I've been having next to zero issues with anything I've encountered thus far (including this boss :/ ). http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zayda-1831/hero/32089241 Be safe out there guys! Edit: Apparently the meteors might do additional damage the longer they are flying, can anyone confirm if this is true?Zayda8 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Stat check for hell belial? My barb has 7.7k armor 10k dps 30k hp 1k regen fully buffed, will this be enough to take on hell belial? Thanks.Shanrak3 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Unstable Anomaly I will not play without you anymore. you've saved my life 3 times now despite me being careful.Nintura8 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Horde, waller, arcane, plague So there I was clearing out crypts in Inferno Act1 MP1 and I think I'm done so I am vaulting/running to the exit portal when I realize that I just vaulted into the midst of a champion pack. Oh goodie! Rares! Demonic Essence? Pillars of light? That's when I then see that I am now walled in on 4 sides, there is green poop all over the ground and 6-8 arcane lasers are spawning. It's time like this that I'm glad I keep Smoke Screen on my toolbar. I had not been using SS because I hardly ever needed to use it. Felt like a dead weight to much of the time. That was before I rediscovered how stinking awesome choking gas rune is (700% 5 sec mini AoE) and I started using SS offensively to great effect. Soo hooray! I'm not going to die! I'm just going to use targeted invisibility, life regen, gloom and exploding traps to just live through five or six swipes of arcane lasers, wait for the walls to fall, then vault out of there like it ain't no thang. Then I'm gonna kill them skeletons. Again. Moral of the story. Demon Hunters. You may think you don't need SS, and that is true 99.9% of the time, but sometimes you do.DinoBSC3 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 How many died because of this One of the largest cyber attacks ever manages to slow down the whole internet: http://www.theage.com.au/it-pro/security-it/spam-dispute-becomes-largest-cyber-attack-in-history-of-the-internet-20130327-2gtw1.html Wouldn't be surprised if this was the cause of some of the recent lag spikes/DCs.Thominator3 Mar 28, 2013
Mar 28, 2013 Help me with my Monk please Hi everyone. I've picked Diablo 3 back up in the past month and have been having fun with my monk in hardcore. I've combed through the forums and scoured the internet and have been using online calculators to help me with my dps and ehp. At the moment I have been clearing Inferno Act 3 Siegebreaker all the way through Diablo by myself for my magic find runs. I'd like the more experienced and pro players to take a look at my monk and give me feedback on what my upgrade path should be. I'm thinking that my weapon and belt should be my priorities at the moment but I could have it wrong. I'm running into a problem where I've pretty much exhausted my resources (have about 5 million gold left) after having found a nice zuni chest piece and sold it for 65 million. The things I have equipped are largely a result of that find but I'm not finding anything of particular value to use or sell. What is a safe monster power level for me to be farming on? I would be pretty upset if I lost my monk so I'm being pretty safe at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My goal is to be able to farm the ubers with the rest of the cool people and use my monk to be the sugarmama for the rest of my characters. Thanks in advance. Sorry here is the link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wix-1258/Wix6 Mar 28, 2013