Games & Technology

Jan 28, 2014 Matt's Genre Game Recommendations! Hey everyone, just wanted to toss out some of my picks for best games in their respective categories. I tried to keep them modern enough to satisfy, and only failed in this aspect in one category. I value gameplay over almost everything else in games. I prefer the underlying mechanics to be deep/refined/ and unique if at all applicable. I didn't cover every conceivable genre by any means, but I did cover some of the most important. I didn't touch on MMOs as I find their gameplay too dull, and avoided most niche genres. With all that said, enjoy and let me know what you think! Isometric ARPG - Median XL Ultimative modification for Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction - The real king of the isometric ARPG. Gameplay and itemization are unbeaten anywhere else in the genre. Downside: D2 has bad graphics in todays world. FPS(PvP): Natural Selection 2 - An insanely competitive FPSRTS of aliens vs space marines. Wonderful FPS mechanics in terms of movement and attack mechanics. Underlying RTS component creates deep gameplay and strategy for a FPS. Extremely highly recommended if a serious FPS player. Turn Based Strategy Game - Civilization 5 with Brave New World - Easiest iteration of Civilization to get into *that is still civilization*. Yet a deep game if you want to go that route. No game can top the feelings of grand strategy in this while still being enjoyable and relatively accessible. Non-isometric ARPG - Dark Souls - No contest. I felt the story side of it was lazy though some like the approach. The gameplay and PvP/Co-Op intergration is top in class by an order of magnitude however. WRPG open world - Skyrim - Terrible combat and whatnot, but if you are willing to mod the game to what you want it becomes wonderful. I was able to create extremely punishing yet fair difficulty through mods so it is possible! RTS - StarCraft 2 OR Company of Heroes (original+expo) - Depends on your personal preference. SC2 is best traditional RTS, but Company of Heroes takes a different approach and is one of the best games of all time. If you are a traditional RTS player it may not be your thing, especially at first. 3rd person shooter (PvP) - Loadout - Funky casual-competitive shooter with hilarious and awesome weapon/character customization. Wonderful movement and especially weapon mechanics. Possibly most unique weapon mechanics in existence found right here. Recommended highly. Single Player FPS - Metro Last Light - Really great atmosphere, solid story (for FPS), and great gameplay feel if you play ranger mode. Definitively a unique approach to FPS. CoOp FPS - Killing Floor - The best zombie killing FPS in existence. Combines Coutner strike with left for dead (if you will). Slick as hell, cheap, and hours of fun. Tower Defense - Orcs Must Die 2 - Hilarious and creative blend of action game and tower defense. Quite good blend of strategy elements with action elements. Co-Op is slick as hell in it. Class based FPS - Team Fortress 2 - Have to find a good server, but its still an extremely solid and enjoyable game. King of its sub-genre. Also, haz HAT$$$. (sorry, its obligatory) Traditional FPS (SHOOTEMUP ala early doom/wolf3d/quake etc) - Serious Sam 3 - If you want over the top slaughtering of 100s of enemies at once this is it. Really good and fair challenge at Serious difficulty. Love it. Horror - Amnesia the Dark Descent - Creepy game. Buy it with underwear. Linear RPG - The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings - Top notch story, unique gameplay, one of the most beautiful games of all time (if you have the hardware :P). Solid entry, mods can make it even better. MOBA - Smite - Takes the DoTA style gameplay, makes it 3rd person, places an emphasis on skillshots and movement. Top it off with great atmosphere and utter hilarity. Way more fun to play than Dota (which is better at top level gameplay!). Pits various gods/heroes of polytheistic mythologies against eachother. Single Player 3rd person shooter - Vanquish (not on PC) - Criminally underrated game. Insanely refined unique gameplay. Bonus - If you are an "elite" gamer or masochistic then God-Hard mode in this game is for you. Mother of god you should see the remains of the 3 Xbox 360 controllers I went through to beat that difficulty. The thumbsticks are almost entirely gone. Triggers and alphabet context buttons trashed. The noise coming from my controller to pull some of that !@#$ off sounded like a cavalry charge. I think that's a solid summary of my preferred genres. Any of these games are incredible within their respective genre so check out your preferences. On a side note: I see a lot of talk about Dark Souls being regarded as an extremely difficult game that everyone idolizes for this. I think this Dark Souls is pretty damn moderate in its difficulty. It does not hold one's hand by any means, and I won't call it easy/casualized. That being said it is so far from a truly difficult game than this trend is becoming sickening! Vanquish's God Hard mode is crazy difficult to the extent of making dark souls look like hello kitty. This mode demands disgustingly quick reflexes, input accuracy, and input density. Some old games like Contra or Zombies Ate my Neighbors are very challenging due to punishing failure mechanics. Games like Quake Arena require not only top notch reflexes and accuracy, but also map knowledge and incredibly deep mind games. Games like DoTA or Natural Selection at high levels require incredible coordination and cohesion. I wish modern gamers would take Dark Souls off of this mystical difficulty pedestal its on. The game is not easy nor difficult. Its incredibly average in the grand scheme of things (difficulty wise).MunchieMan0 Jan 28, 2014
Jan 27, 2014 Just purchased Mass Effect 1 Never played the series but I hear its good, wish me luck.CelticMan16 Jan 27, 2014
Jan 23, 2014 The *Not-so-Official* Diablo 2 General Thread So, in waiting for the new expansion to come out, I've installed Diablo 2 and LoD. In the past 2 weeks, I've made a few decent characters. In the hopes of a renewal of the classics, I wanted to create a Diablo 2 General thread for everyone to chime in. That and the other 'official' Diablo 2 forum is kind of a joke. Post anything you want here about Diablo 2. Your builds, your strategies, helpful information, etc.Kyosji34 Jan 23, 2014
Jan 23, 2014 What are the top 5 games you are playing currently? And rank them by how much time you spend compared to the others, #1 being the most time spent playing in... Here's my top 5!: 1. Guild Wars 2 2. Diablo 2 3. Starcraft 2 4. World Of Warcraft 5. Diablo IIIZeyta66 Jan 23, 2014
Jan 23, 2014 Community Rust Server (new server) easiest way to connect is go to console on Rust and type net.connect 208.115.236.10:28065 other than that look for the server name Boon in server list. Server is fresh, just started on 1/20 50 player limit until more people fill it then we might bump it to 100 players. PVP no decay no sleepers oxide + share + grouping is on crafting at 50% speed come play rust on a new server and start fresh with everyone else!Shap1 Jan 23, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 What can I get for 40 bucks... Borderlands 2 Game of the year Edition at Gamestop 1 Borderlands 2 Main Game; 2 Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty; 3 Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage; 4 Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt; 5Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep; 6Creature Slaughter Dome; 7Premiere Club Content: Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class; Gearbox Gun Pack; Golden Key; Vault Hunter's Relic; 8 Krieg, the Psycho Character Class; 9 Collector's Edition Heads and Skins; 10 Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition at steam for $35.99 Includes... Dawnguard Hearthfire Dragonborn Cost of these expansion packs when they came out was less than 20 dollars. What are you smoking Blizzard?Gnash32 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Marvel Heroes (Review & Improvements D3 could add to) Hi, I'm just a casual player who recently tried Marvel Heroes and would like to share my opinion. After playing Marvel Heroes, I would like to compare the features to Diablo 3 that MH has , I would like to point out the Pros and Cons of MH and really hope that Blizzard could take note on the pros of MH and consider applying them to Diablo 3 in the future. (Written in Italics are my comments on how D3 could improve) Pros F2P What I think about the F2P model is very reasonable at the moment, Eternity Splinters (in-game currency) doesn't take all that long to farm actually and sometimes if you're lucky, it is possible to obtain a drop of 100ES all at once so it really doesn't take long to farm enough ES to purchase a hero without spending real money. Here I think D3 could think of an in-game currency to farm that would give rewards to unlock something cool like a special NPC that only sells item based on this currency Multi Quests While the quest in Diablo 3 is extremely linear, in MH, you have a number of quests to pick from just like what most MMORPG has. MH also has a Legendary Quest which gives more experience and special item drops. D3 needs other side quests besides story quest and make those side quest random and challenging with great rewards, much like what D3 already have now for gaining achievements but provide rewards for them Open World Again just like what most MMORPG has, in MH you can be in the same location with countless of other random players fighting monsters and bosses. You can have 8 players in a party. In Diablo 3, the maximum player is always 4. MH also has a bigger world to explore. Maybe if there's a way, D3 could lower the intensive graphic so they can add more players into a game to reduce lag and think about having an open world rather than linear 4 players quest /dungeons Communication and Chat Rooms In Diablo 3, it felt like the best place to meet new friends or to communicate with others is the forum. In MH, because it is already an open world, you can easily chat with a random player as you travel through quests or just grinding. The communication in D3 needs to be upgraded to chatrooms like the old Battle.net 1 and the ability to view charater model with profiles in chatroom Special Costumes While it costs real money to buy special costumes for hero but at least this gives a special appearance to your hero. D3 needs to have more character customization to make them special and unique look than just putting colors on armor. Guild, Clan, Group, Team In MH, there is a NPC that you can talk to, to form a Super Group, decide a name of your choice for your Super Group then invite anyone to join up to 100 players per group. Yes D3 needs guild when the game becomes competitive Emote Commands In MH, you can type /help in chat log and it'll give you a list of commands, some of the command lets your hero perform a list of different emotions. Side Games/Other Game Modes This is what Diablo 3 lacks at the moment. In MH, there aren't a lot but there is already PVP which you get a team of 5 vs other 5 not just defeating opponents hero but there are objective mission like to destroy an object that belongs to the opposing team and there are PVP only items like buffs that you can purchase before the fight to help with your strategies. There is a Defense mode where you defend waves of villain, each wave increases difficulty and rewards. D3 could have, game modes such as Time Attack, Survival, Defending Waves of mobs, Tower Defense, Capture the flag, PVP 4 vs 4 team battle, PVP destroy opponent's tower. There are just so many game modes they could add Cow Level There is a secret level that looked similar to Diablo 2 where you kill a bunch of cows and bosses. D3 needs to upgrade the pony level to a better more challenge and intense level and more rewarding but make it hard to get there in the first place No overpowered stats or Items so far Yes there can be some powerful items but it doesn't have the scale of being extremely powerful like Diablo 3 just by stacking certain stats like critical rate, critical damage, attack speed etc. So many heroes to play from and many kinds of build to explore It is almost like, imagine Diablo 3 with more than 10 different Heroes with different classes to choose from although yes there are similar skills in most heroes this means some skills were re-used mainly the dodging skill but still, it's only a few skills. And they are constantly adding new heroes in short period of time. Skill Reset Item Such games like POE cannot reset skills unless you start all over, but in MH you are able to easily farm enough in-game currency to purshase a Skill Reset item or if you're lucky, this item does drop just from killing mobs or either from quests. D3 could change to a complete stat point system where you could uprade a point to a skill, for example DH's Rapid Fire skill could have 20 stat points added then this would either upgrade its damage or attack speed and this damage can be a sperate bonus to the overal DPS then provide a Skill Reset item that can be purchased from NPC Cons. Skills MH has 3 skill trees in every Hero and each skills can be upgraded to level 20 with enough skill points. In Diablo 3, you can't level up any skills but the skills in Diablo 3 are more somewhat better developed just a bit more interesting than MH especially the passives and Diablo 3 has more passive skills than MH, in MH there are only a few passive skills to level up but not enough variety to explore and play with. Gameplay and Combat Diablo 3 still has the better Gameplay and Combat action than MH but I'm guessing it's also a trade off by limiting to 4 maximum players in the game otherwise it might lag. Graphic Chaos While it's fun to have more than 4 players or sometimes even up to 10 players fighting the same bosses on your screen at the same time, this of course will create a chaotic mess where you see so many skills and spells being spammed and it gets hard to see where your mouse cursor is clicking. Elites Affix and Boss Skills In MH, I don't think there are any Elites that has Affix abilities as challenging as Diablo 3. There are powerful bosses that could one shot kill you out of nowhere and it takes time to realize what killed you, the bosses in MH does have some creative skills and attack to battle against but compared to Diablo 3 it was not enough variety, the Elites in MH was much easier to kill than Diablo 3's Elites. No Auction House and No Trading so far This could depend on personal preference, some like trading and some don't but at the moment you can only drop an unbinded item on the ground to trade with someone.Pursah6 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Guys Hearthstone is now open beta Free to play card game. Might be one of the last interesting products of Blizzard.Alloppy23 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 22, 2014 Warlords Of Draenor ending... What if after all these victory's against the many enemies we have faced with our hero's we finally meet any enemy we cannot beat? What if the old horde proves far too powerful despite our most heroic efforts to set things right? This has got me thinking that after all that we have done and managed to stave off before terrible things happen that we are not infallible. One of these days or years we will lose. I believe that now is the time for the story to truly have a bite to it. It is time for things to turn the tide against our heroic endeavors and to truly humble us. It would result in a truly great story that inspires players to keep going and really want to smash the daylights out of an arch enemy in WoW. The expansion that follows could have us set out on a quest to right the wrongs this enemy has wrought and get vengeance for those we have lost. It is time for an enemy that proves so great we are overwhelmed and cannot possibly beat.googoogaga0 Jan 22, 2014
Jan 21, 2014 Marvel Heroes, #1 ARPG! Look at these patch notes: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/60362/marvel-heroes-test-center-in-progress-patch-notes#latest Every 2-3 weeks we see patches like this. The game is constantly being updated and player feedback is actually listened to! The developers are actively on there forum chatting with the playerbase and they even play the game with us. Marvel Heroes is a genre changer when it comes to ARPG. They have so many unique features that I have never seen in a ARPG. If you tried Marvel Heroes at launch and haven't touched it since then, it is a completely different game now! You are missing out if you don't try it. #1 ARPG on the market right now!Raserei0 Jan 21, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Ding Dong the wicked Blizz is dead! Just played ESO beta weekend! I have to say it is a LEGIT WoW killer. Do not know how Blizz is going to handle losing all those subs to it. Especially when they have cancelled dev on their next MMO. Blizz is going to start losing a bunch of money! Then I see the state this game is in(and has been in for months) and I wonder what is Blizz doing? I know RoS is supposed to save this game and they are getting around to finally making new character models for WoW but isn't it too late? Seems like Blizz was counting their money and forgot what made it all for them in the first place. Making good games.RocketQueen46 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 20, 2014 Warcraft 4 Is gonna be the best game ever. lolBobbybick7 Jan 20, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 Looking to buy laptop to run D3 on max setting under 1k I am looking to find a laptop to buy that can run this game on max settings for under 1,000 US dollars. Does anyone know of one that is really good? Thanks!BlaineTrain10 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 18, 2014 my physical drive is bottleneking, any suggestions? Hi, while i was running performance monitor i noticed that my physical SSD is bottlenecking on the Writes/Sec.. Will switching to RAID0 help with this? I think this is why iam getting random stutters in the game.RUNFORIT44 Jan 18, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 New MMOG Rise of the Fallen http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen If anyone here was an Everquest fan, you can check out Brad McQuaid's new game. I already donated money to it.JohnWayne0 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 is anyone going to buy Elder scrolls online ? you think EOS is the new WOW but better ? I think buying and actually pay 14.99$ per month. Who else thinking same ?DragonLight6 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 17, 2014 Interest in AMD's Mantle? Seeing how AMD's Mantle, a DirectX alternative, could provide with vast improvements in the number of monsters, on screen. Would Blizzard consider checking out the tech, and possibly adding support to both SCII, and D3:RoS?Cybrwolf1 Jan 17, 2014
Jan 16, 2014 Warcraft IV? Anyone else hope we see Warcraft IV? I think it would be epic.kthx8 Jan 16, 2014
Jan 16, 2014 Give it another shot For those who played at release it may be time to give it another shot. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/693/feature/8130/Why-You-Should-Give-Marvel-Heroes-Another-Look.html/page/1Bluddflagg4 Jan 16, 2014
Jan 15, 2014 SimCity gets Offline + Modding, when will D3? sauce: http://www.simcity.com/en_US/blog/article/simcity-offline-is-coming So, when will Blizzard rethink their PC strategy on online-only? When will the modding be able to fix everything the developers fail to fix? When will we be able to play hardcore without the fear of a DC-death? Modding can, and does fix the game for every preference out there. Want a bigger stash? get a mod. Want a smaller stash? get a mod. Want to have an entirely different loot table? choose out of the dozens of drop-mods.. Mods fix, enhance and extend game lifetime and enjoyment of the game. So Blizzard, drop online-only, and I and many others might reconsider buying RoS or future expansions. Because without offline and modding, I surely won't buy. If EA management can get over their draconian way of thinking, as nominee and multi-champ-winner of the golden poo award. Then surely Blizzard can't stay behind and actually be worse than the voted worst-company in the US right? ps. I realize something like this won't make RoS release. There is however plenty of time to add it afterwards as a patch.KarroK13 Jan 15, 2014
Jan 14, 2014 When is Heroes of The Storm starting? I want in so baaad! :PZeyta5 Jan 14, 2014
Jan 13, 2014 Rock Band or Guitar Hero for Wii? My kid wants to play guitar on wii. We have neither, which one is best to start with? We have a wii u but looks like there is no new stuff for wii u? Just old wii stuff.Losse1 Jan 13, 2014
Jan 12, 2014 Been playing TL2 lately and I must say.... I confirm what I'm missing with D3 and what I've been complaining about. Actual Character customization. Being able to make different builds right from the start and not wait till level 60 to do so. TL2 was on sale on steam for $4.99. Couldn't pass it up. What D2 had was class diversity right from the start. Bone Necro, Bone summoner, Pure summoner, Summoner/poinon, Poison bone etc This was apparent with all the other classes too. TL2 has the similar system. I could make an engineer with 2 handed weapon for pure damage, damage with armor enhancements. Damage with pets. Cannon with pets, Cannon with armor enhancements, Sword and Board damage, Sword and Board tanky. The list goes on and on. This right from the start or at least at level 3 for sure. This I must say is the most disappointing about D3 and the dev team's focus on end-game and farming machines. TL2 classes and all those 'styles' may not be ideal, but man is it fun to create different builds and not have to be at level 60/70 just to try out and find items for that build. What I was hoping for is not apparent in D3 nor will ever think it will be like the yesteryear of D2. ROS isn't changing that in anyway. Blizzard, I do appreciate your efforts and quality games, bur D3 is nowhere near what it could have been. An actual sequel to the Diablo franchise.SgtTenore118 Jan 12, 2014
Jan 12, 2014 Torchlight II is free this weekend Didn't see the big post on TL2.. now i do lolNotConnected0 Jan 12, 2014
Jan 9, 2014 Tell some of your favorite d2 memories Hi everyone, Lets hear some of your favorite stories from d2 whether it be runs, loot finds, funny stories, or even nightmares. I'll start it off with a few. I remember running my high level hardcore fanaticism pally in some cow level runs and ran into a giant pack of cows. I noticed they also had fanaticism aura also.. along with smite aura.. i dunno what made me do it, but i dove right into the pack and found myself surrounded. I had built up quite a large amount of dexterity with my stormsheild and had 75% block rate. All i remember is having that hammer that used static and hearing the dink's off my sheild as my heart raced 100miles an hour. I watched my life go up and down and prayed that my poor pally survived the fight. hahaha (he did and later retired at lvl98) My first softcore barbarian dying to iron maiden in the chaos sanctuary was pretty exciting, and totally unexpected. I had a 2 handed barb double wielding two of those unique tulwars? who i would do a3 council runs with and collect SO MUCH GOLD. I forget what i even used the gold for though. If anything. I also went to trade a guy a shaco and said "oops" as i closed the trade window only to put a regular cap with a green chipped gem back into the trade screen and get all his valuable goods for next to nothing. I felt like such a bad guy after that. (i couldn't believe that it worked) I had a lvl9 PK assassin who had all lvl9 max dmg gems who i would run into low level hardcore games and i'd click the hostile button on everyone then play innocent saying i was trying to hit the party button while i hunted all of them down in different areas, usually killing one or two. During a standard meph run with my sorc (this happened more than once) i accidentally teleported into a group of those little bone guys with fant aura who insta-gibbed me. leaving me with a rapid heart beat and this face --> (-________________-) IRON MANS! Who remembers running these things where you would level to 9 and port back to town and have a free-for-all in a1. Who remembers power leveling people for their hell gems/runes just to have them skip out on you, lol I remember going to trade channels spamming for whatever charms i needed to get my character the +1 skill charms then trading with them based on what they needed/what i had. PS: Lets not make this a flame war guys :)Jiff3 Jan 9, 2014
Jan 9, 2014 Buying a new laptop and need your help Hello, Looking to buy a new laptop. I am looking to get a laptop that has some gaming capability that can play the upcoming ROS easily..... Any suggestions on best laptop for the money something for around or below $1000 I appreciate the help as I am not sure how good a laptop I need. Thanks,Carlyle5 Jan 9, 2014
Jan 8, 2014 Good hardware specs? will these specs be good for running D3 on high settings? Intel Core i7 4770K processor, MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Motherboard, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 OC 3GB, Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 memory, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD, Seagate 7200RPM 2TB hard drive, Corsair Obsidian 650D case with Corsair Hydro H100i cooling if not, what component would you replace? Thanks :)Dissolved2 Jan 8, 2014
Jan 8, 2014 At least hearthstone is great! The game is awesome. Nice PVP, crafting, lots of cool stuff, endless fun. Just played for 8 hours straight and its pretty darn good.OneShot19 Jan 8, 2014
Jan 7, 2014 Non-Latin text entry in Blizzard games I was curious how text entry is handled in Blizzard's games for languages that don't use the latin alphabet (Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, etc...). Does World of Warcraft and Diablo have some manner of Input Method Editor (IME) built in to the game or do they leverage Window's IME instead. Do players using non-latin languages have to suck it up and use some sort of pigin version of their language when chatting?Groben0 Jan 7, 2014
Jan 7, 2014 Well atleast i got inv to ESO I dont get any invite to ros but lucky me i got an invite to elder scroll online today so now i got something to play while i w8 to 25 march ! Think this game going to be freaking awsome have w8 for 6 month to come in to this beta. Finally got it !Freakaloo1 Jan 7, 2014
Jan 7, 2014 Two Questions About Diablo 2 LoD I have two important question about diablo 2 lord of destruction, you can answer to one of them or both. The first is this: in a game, a player give me a Rod for the necromancer, and I would know if it is legit...it have these features: +3 to bone and poison skills, 20% casting spells faster, +3 to bone spirit, +3 to bone prison,+5 to bone spear,+4 to skeleton domain, +3 to bone armor, hit causes monster to flee 25%, +10 to vitality,+13 to mana,magic damage reduced by 4, 50% damage to undead sorry for any names,i'm italian, I don't know any skills names...however, the second question is this: I have a mod in which I can become diablo with a charm, but I can't use diablo skills...exist a way or a mod for use diablo skills?RockyStein1 Jan 7, 2014
Jan 7, 2014 Playing Diablo 2! Playing Diablo 2 tonight. I plan to walk the game using a barb. Not doing trist runs or anything like that just playing the game normally. If you would like to play post your acct name in here and I will add you. I would be fun to have someone of each class or maybe like 5 barbs! Let me know!Rhino6 Jan 7, 2014
Jan 6, 2014 Windows 8.1 Web browser issues I will just start getting randomly "This page cannot be displayed" Then I will try the same website again 5 minutes later and it will load fine. I never had this issue with windows 7..Leon3 Jan 6, 2014
Jan 6, 2014 Star Citizen - the new Wing Commander Anyone remember the Wing Commander series, or Privateer, Freelancer, etc. Chris Roberts was behind all of these and more. He took ten years off and now wants to create the most epic space adventure for the PC. I just found out about this today but it has been going on since 2012 (will be in Alpha later this year). To date, they have raised almost 36 million dollars from kickstart and pledges. I am now a pledge and am looking forward to an offline and online playing experience. Check it out: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/SirRight3 Jan 6, 2014
Jan 5, 2014 Can't wait for march ! South Park: The Stick of Truth (!!!)Odin5 Jan 5, 2014
Jan 5, 2014 I'm too scared to play POE anymore I'm way too nervous to play the game. Dying causes a loss of XP and its such a drag. Anyway, I wish Diablo 3 was just as scary. D3 has better gameplay so I don't mind the grind. POE is good but its not as fun as D3 as far as game mechanics and quests are concerned. However, if D3 becomes as scary to play as POE, I would never give up. Good game mechanics, good questing, and fear of playing is a recipe for success.OneShot20 Jan 5, 2014
Jan 2, 2014 While you are bored waiting for RoS... I really suggest everyone go give Marvel Heroes a try. It has DRASTICALLY improved since launch and I have been playing non-stop all week. The game was god awful at launch and deserved the scores it got, but its a shame people don't give it a second look now because it really is an excellent ARPG. Anyone else here given it a try since the latest updates?MistMonkey25 Jan 2, 2014
Jan 2, 2014 Game of the year 2013 http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-game-of-the-year-2013-winner/1100-6416467/ Did Diablo 3 even win GOTY in 2012?gudmugly2 Jan 2, 2014
Jan 1, 2014 Diablo 3 action figures Any chance for me to get my hands on Diablo 3 universe action figures? Preferably 1/6 scale or 12" figures. Love those Warcraft series figures but a tad bit short on around 9"magixk4 Jan 1, 2014
Jan 1, 2014 Anyone play Path of Exile? Just started trying this game out I was seeing if anyone is familiar with it. I was hoping to trade some D3 gold for some start up stuff for it.MrNastyTime20 Jan 1, 2014
Jan 1, 2014 Games Like Diablo Looking for something similar to Diablo 2 to purchase. I know of TL2 and Path of Exile. But not many others. Requirements that I am really looking for: 1. Updated graphics (this is where POE loses for me) 2. Trading System and a community to trade with 3. Strategy Needed 4. Challenging, some spots that you can not beat on the 1st try 5. Epic battles, (preferably Boss Battles) There's no order to the above as all are required to make a great game. I look forward to your responses. THanks!Kingofbeers28 Jan 1, 2014
Dec 31, 2013 How many of you... Actually played Diablo 2 and its glorious expansion? Do you guys know what Blizzard North is?goffy5922 Dec 31, 2013
Dec 31, 2013 path of exile This game continues to impress me. They just launched open beta 2 after releasing tons of patches. They mentioned having millions of people who have played. They specifically said that they don't believe in pay to win systems So you can only buy cosmetic changes in their store. I also love how dark the game is. All its missing is good graphics and good cinematics. If it had those, and considering its free to play, I wwould say that it is faaar better than diablo 3. I still think its better but d3 wins in graphics and cinematics. That's it though.OneShot44 Dec 31, 2013
Dec 29, 2013 NVIDIA GT 430? Anyone have this one/know if it will run nicely?shatzmeista8 Dec 29, 2013
Dec 29, 2013 Path of Exile wins Gamespot's GOTY This settles it once and for all between the two games. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/the-best-pc-game-of-2013/2300-6416582/ Blizzard I hope you wake up.Xtforso26 Dec 29, 2013
Dec 29, 2013 Uncharted Series Or The Last Of Us What should I purchase, I only have enough money for one; Uncharted 1,2, and 3 or The Last Of Us. I'd like to get them all sense people say these are PS3 must owns. But that's not an option for the time being.King1 Dec 29, 2013
Dec 28, 2013 D2... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! I hadn't played D1 or D2 before I got D3 last year, so I figured I'd give D2 a try since so many people in the forums loved it. Got the cds, uploaded the game. And was astounded. The voice acting was great- but wtf is up with the graphics? Ok, before anyone yells at me for expecting great graphics for an old game, I used to play computer games in the 80's, (Maniac Mansion, Impossible Mission, Giana Sisters, yes I'm old) and NONE of them looked as bad as D2 did for me. My computer handles any game I throw at it- D3, Rift, any Steam games, etc. etc. So I know its not my computer that has the problem. The images in the game were all distored in color. Is that what the game is supposed to look like? Like a bunch of psychedelic ants layered over everything? I need to take a picture. I just can't believe that the D2 that I saw is the same game people rave about in the forums. I almost had a seizure looking at it. :(ArcticShadow4 Dec 28, 2013
Dec 28, 2013 The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing ... is 5 bucks on Steam currently. Get it, it's great. Funny writing, okay visuals, plenty of customization and a non-zero chance of finding good loot. Essentially everything D3 lacks.NihilVerum1 Dec 28, 2013
Dec 27, 2013 Heroes Of The Storm looks like so much fun I so can't wait to play this game! The trailer got me really excited to see characters from different games showing up, but the gameplay/graphics and free for all looks AWESOME! Any idea when it will be available?Zeyta1 Dec 27, 2013
Dec 27, 2013 Nvidia card problems with Diablo 3 I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing problems with D3 with Nvidia cards. I recently bought a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB OC which runs all my current games just fine... except D3 :/ What I get is frame rate drops down to 35 fps at times, and whenever I walk into undiscovered areas of the map there's a very visible stutter which isn't present when walking around in discovered areas. It's as if it's having trouble loading all the time. Also when I use an ability I haven't used yet in the playthrough and/or encounter mobs, there's an initial lag of up to 3 seconds. As a demon hunter this will obviously insta-kill me on Inferno with MP enabled. I really don't see how I could be having this much trouble with D3 as it's one of the least graphic intensive games I play. All my other specs are good, having a 4th gen core i7, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, and an SSD. I'm not sure if it's just the driver that is bad with D3 or D3 itself that's the problem. I did try rolling back to 2 previous drivers, all of which produced the same results. All opinions, solutions welcome.Sabbaticus0 Dec 27, 2013