Games & Technology

Dec 4, 2013 D3 Break: WoW or D2? Wiz is almost P100, Barb is there already, and other toons ...... well the grind is gettin gold. So - I've never played WoW or D2 before. Looking for recommendations and possibly someone to start playing with on one of these games. Advise?TetraHydroC10 Dec 4, 2013
Dec 4, 2013 PoE kills my GPU I run a 7850 XFX 1GB and for some reason my temps are, while in game, about 95C anywhere I go. What bothers me is that I am getting these high temps whereas with Diablo 3 I multibox 4x WW/Rend Barbs and I hit around 85C going full force. Any ideas why PoE hates my gpu?DaathlyHero4 Dec 4, 2013
Dec 3, 2013 My epic games list - post yours So far I have magic online 2014 and I think Dark Souls 2 will go in there too. These are real epic games that I can play for hours without boredom. Post yours.OneShot9 Dec 3, 2013
Dec 2, 2013 No games on "Join" on Battle.Net? It says in the channel that 13334 games on Battle.Net, and 28973 players are playing. But when I click "Join", no games show up. Can someone help? Thanks. Edit: Whenever a game does show up, and I try to join, it says "Game is full", which is weird, cause there's only 1 or 2 people in the game. But it only shows 1 or 2 games, no more than that.RiceNKong0 Dec 2, 2013
Dec 2, 2013 starting D2 Necro US east ladder. If ya wanna join let me know,HoosierDaddy8 Dec 2, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 Yup, D3 pales in comparison to a game like Guild Wars 2 D3 is pretty bare-bones compared to a game like Guild Wars 2 that has content and detail off the charts!!! The art-work, sound and music design, the interface, options, customization, trading, pvp,I could go on and on... There's just so much to do. But D3 is like .4 percent of all that GW 2 has. And they are both free online games. Just look at the amount of detail and work that goes into GW 2 everywhere you go: Even their main website has so much artwork. So how come after all this time D3 has nothing to show and GW 2 was made in far less time and started out with tons of content and fully completed features? Is NCSoft just a bigger company than Blizzard or is the team just more skilled and dedicated. I mean I see their artists posting and talking about their artwork and designs all the time on their forums, but on here, I don't see a single peep about anything the Diablo team has done. So why is Diablo falling so far behind? Hmm...?Zeyta18 Dec 1, 2013
Dec 1, 2013 Anime Style D3! From the creator of Ragnarok Online comes a new MMO, Tree of Savior! I love watching japanese anime and so the game seems to be heavily influenced, really digging it, graphics are gorgeous! It's been stated there are over 80 classes to play which is pretty interesting, and some are pretty hard to unlock.fathom0 Dec 1, 2013
Nov 30, 2013 puzzle games With the current holiday shopping season, I've been thinking about getting a puzzle game for a family member that is rather fond of such games. However, he's rather particular about the kind of puzzle games he plays. He personally prefers ones like Myst, Uru or Riven, puzzle games with rather convoluted puzzles and for which the puzzles are the main focus of the game. Unfortunately, I don't know of any such games aside from Myst, Uru or Riven. Any ideas?Nesala0 Nov 30, 2013
Nov 30, 2013 Will D2 ever get a remake I think many people will buy Diablo2 HD remix if blizzard makes it, because alot people are having issues with windows 8clovers3 Nov 30, 2013
Nov 28, 2013 Upgrading to Ducky Shine 3 Is it worth upgrading to this? from my razer bwuTurmoil0 Nov 28, 2013
Nov 28, 2013 Go play D2 ladder Since it just reset and all, go play D2 ladder self-find up till 90; then come back and try to tell us with a straight face that D2 wasn't designed as a multi-player trade game. Next assignment, tell us how D2 mitigated RNG with progression gear, and give examples of similar gear in D3 (hint, you can't). All you people who never played before and argue this pro-BOA crap straight from where the sun don't shine, here's you chance to cure your ignorance. The devs should do so as well. Then they'd realize just how far off the mark they are with this series.Zaxxon237 Nov 28, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 Look no further than Wc3 and Sc2 for fun end-game ideas Warcraft 3 There's one particular campaign mission I'm thinking about. It's Mal'Ganis racing against Arthas in a village. Both of them are racing to convert/kill as many villagers as possible. The first one to reach 100 (I think) wins. You may kill Mal'Ganis to delay him as well. Fallen Heroes will revive but it will give the opposing faction more time to get points. Now, how would this work in Diablo 3? You have 2 teams and it's a 4v4 (or more...). One red and one blue. Both sides must reach X points by killing monsters. Monsters spawn in (random) different areas. Like I said, you must reach X points to win the round. Now, the interesting part is that you may go kill other players. Killing a player will send him back to his base until he revives. Killing players will buy you time to kill monsters. Some elites, champions, purple and even bosses can spawn. Killing them will grant more points --- but since they take more time, the other team might try to contest or steal. There's similarity with HotS in a way. However, you don't have a base to destroy. Starcraft 2 One of the Starcraft 2 official Map is "Left 2 die". In one of the mode within the game, you have the option to choose Endless waves until you die. There will be some special units coming as well. You must survive the longest time possible. Now, how would this work in Diablo 3? You and potentially 3 other teammates will to survive the longest time possible /defend an objective the longest time possible /protect NPCs the longest time possible until you/they die. There's an endless waves of them. Periodically, there will be elites, champions, purples and bosses coming at you. HC players will not die if they "die" in that mode. Fallen players cannot be revived in the mode However, those things do not grant any XP or Loots. They only grant feat of strength and achievement points --- perhaps some cosmetics as well. Those modes are not meant for farming, just to push your limits.DoomBringer11 Nov 27, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 Things Diablo 3 Can Learn From: *Borderlands 2*! I thought I would give this a try and see it is was worth doing more in the future. This will likely be long, but I will TL/DR it at the end. Note: This WILL contain major spoilers for Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2. You have been warned. Intro Essentially, while Diablo 3 is not quite the childhood-killing catastrophe that some seem to view it as, it is to me one of the biggest let-downs since Hellgate. On the other hand, the game has a *lot* of potential and I firmly believe that it could be great. However that would mean the developers going back and cutting/editing some stuff in previous acts, rather than just adding a new one. So...I thought I would use some of the games I've played in recent memory that I really enjoyed to illuminate aspects of Diablo 3 that I think need improment. First up is Borderlands 2. While this game definitely wasn't perfect, it did have one of the single most engaging storylines and character sets in recent gaming. As an's pretty much king of the hill in this regard. And so this topic will mostly involve the storyline. Storytelling 101. As an avid storyteller, especially in the context of games (I have been a Dungeon Master for nearly 16 years!) there are a few basic aspects of storytelling that I probably should outline first: Protagonist. The 'main character'. He is the driving force of the story. In videogames, there are several types of protagonist, but the two that are relevant here are: - The 'empty' protagonist. Very common in videogames, especially older ones. An empty protagonist has little or no interaction with other characters in the game. They just do their thing and the world responds to them. Investment is gained from the secondary characters around them or via immersion in a very unique and atmospheric setting. This is an extremely effective storytelling device in that it allows the player to project themselves onto the protagonist. Good examples would be Gordon Freeman in the Half Life games, the main character in Dark/Demon's Souls and the protagonist of Diablo 2. - The 'linear' protagonist. Common in modern gaming. This is a fully developed character with their own goals and arc. While the player has no real control over the story, they nonetheless control the physical actions of the protagonist as the story unfolds. This is effective in a smaller, highly character driven narrative whereby the story revolves around the protagonist almost entirely. For example: Kratos from God of War, Lara Croft from Tomb Raider. Antagonist. The 'bad guy' in the story, or the primary bad guys. There are two major types of antagonist that apply here: - The Ominous Presence. This is a bad guy that is never or seldom seen or even much discussed. When discussed, the emphasis is on how powerful and dangerous it is. The player is allowed to use their imagination to turn the OP into a threat through their own imagination. For example: Sauron in LOTR, Diablo in the original games. - The Rival. This is a bad guy that constantly pops up and interacts with the player. Their story and actions are a primary part of the story and the player is constantly given reasons to become invested in, while wanting to defeat the Rival. For example: Jon Irenicus in Baldurs Gate 2, Wesker in the Resident Evil games. NPCs. Non player characters. These are the characters other than the primary antagonist(s) and the main protagonist(s). These are incredibly powerful devices in videogames and are often more memorable than the protagonist. When used correctly they provide emotional investment, motivation for actions, exposition and a tool to expand the world. For example: Aerith in Final Fantasy VII, Cain in Diablo, Arcs. Arcs are the character specific storylines. A character starts at point A, encounters some sort of challenge and either overcomes or fails to overcome it, arriving at point B. In 'linear' protagonist driven plots, this arc will make up most of the story. In 'empty' protagonist stories, the arcs of the secondary characters drive the game. 'Show Don't Tell' Storytelling Thank you MovieBob and Mr. Plinkett for making this term more common use. Basically this is a hallmark of good storytelling, especially in games. SDT storytelling doesn't mean that nobody says anything. What it means is letting the narrative unfold via events rather than exposition. Of course some exposition will always be needed, in a game as rich in Lore as Diablo...but there are ways and means to do this well. The 'Oh Damn!' and 'Hell Yeah!' Moments. Hard to summarize, but these are moments that take the player semi unawares and really push their buttons emotionally. These are probably going to be the parts in the game that the player remembers long after finishing it. The key here is that this *must* be SDT storytelling or it will fail. As I will explain later, Diablo 3 is a prime example of what I mean by this. For example: Finding Tyrael in Diablo 2, the death of your girlfriend in Prey, the 'would you kindly?' moment in Bioshock, beating Ares in God of War, Neeshka's fate in Neverwinter Nights 2. Fus Ro Dah! Borderlands 2: Well...what made it so good? While lacking in some ways as a game (and a lot of it's DLC sucked) BL2 had an utterly brilliant story. It would honestly take me several pages to talk about everything that was awesome about this story, but it kept me playing even when I was bored of the game itself. I honestly cannot think of another game in recent memory that did this as well other than Baldur's Gate and Bioshock Infinite. Protagonist. Borderlands 2 is the perfect example of an empty protagonist game. Our main character, aside from his class and a few one liners, has very little interaction with the characters in the game world. On the other hand, the other characters in this game are so well done that it works...we invest ourselves into the world and project ourselves onto the protagonist. We aren't told we want to do something. We are given *reasons* to want to do it. Show don't Tell Storytelling in a nutshell. Antagonist. Once again, BL2 is nearly perfect here. It has both a strong 'Rival' antagonist and an 'Ominous Presence'...both of whom are compelling and fit their roles wonderfully. Handsome Jack is probably the coolest original video game nemesis that I can think of from modern gaming outside of Japan. He is incredibly unique, wonderfully layered, a genuine threat and really compelling once we start getting to know him...and yet we absolutely want to kill this guy more than anything ever. He is funny. He is charasmatic. He is memorable. He is evil as hell and loves being evil. He is like some bizarre combination of The Joker and Archer. And even beyond this there are moments in the game where we actually sympathize with him. So awesome. The Warrior on the other hand is seldom discussed aside from a vague but grave threat in the future. Perfect Ominous Presence, setting up both a cool driving motivation for characters and hyping up the final boss. NPCs. Yeah, yeah, I'm still kissing up to BL2 here. But good were the other characters? Even the minor throwaways like CL4P-TP and Sir Hammerhock are memorable and have at least one fist pumpingly awesome moment or incredibly funny bit. And as for the rest...well, where do I start? Well, let me go into a bit more depth in the next section. Arcs. There are too many great arcs in this game for me to really break down. From Jack's arc involving his daughter (holy crap that was some dark stuff) to the main characters all having some sort of motivation and intertwining plotlines (and this being in an ARPG about blowing up guys in hockey masks with lightning shooting rocket launchers). So let's choose one - which to me illustrates one of Diablo 3's worst scenes compared to one of BL2's best. The Death Of Bloodwing. Bloodwing is an extremely minor character. She is a pet bird belonging to Mordecai, one of the minor main NPCs. About half of the way through the game, the player is trying to infiltrate a laboratory alongside Mordecai, when Bloodwing is captured. What follows is easily one of the most memorable bits in the game. At the end of the level, Jack unleashes a pumped up monster which - to Mordecai's horror - is revealed to be a severely mutated and berserk Bloodwing. Eventually you and Mordecai are able to bring her down without killing her...upon which Jack, out of pure spite, causes her to self destruct. This not only turns Mordecai into a grief stricken revenge obsessed maniac for the remainder of the game, but absolutely cements the players desire to track down and kill the bastard. I must admit...I shed a manly tear here. As an added plus, in the final mission when fighting alongside Mordecai, he constantly screams "This is for my bird!" while blowing enemies apart. It's hard to explain just how affecting this whole bit was. SDT Storytelling. As explained above, the game is artful at allowing events and the arcs of it's characters shape the story. When exposition is required, it is given through radio transmissions and dialogues that also help to shape the characters and reinforce the plot and the world. The 'Oh Damn!' and 'Hell Yeah!' Moments. Again, far too many moments to go into here (Tiny Tina's sidestory, Jack's daughter, the entire final mission etc) . But my personal favorite had to be Sanctuary itself. So...Sanctuary. Big fortified city. One of the last holdouts on the planet against Jack. Sort of like Zion in the Matrix, except above ground. And colourful. When you first get to Sanctuary there in a mini arc that involves a secret defense plan that will allow the city to take off and fly - which seems from the get go (and turns out to be) complete rubbish. It's all quite funny and well done and definitely pokes fun at players' collective expecations in videogames. And then...later in the game, after a major character betrays you (except she doesn't really...ugh, just play the game!) in a moment almost as awesome as seeing Goku going Super Saiyan the first time...your character is teleported outside the city and gets to watch as...they actually pull it off. In what has to be one of the most fist pumpingly awesome and "no WAY!" inducing moments that I can remember from recent games, the entire city is teleported away from harm and becomes a massive flying base in the sky. I get goosebumps just thinking about this. Continued in part 2.Starbird74 Nov 27, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 Stats and skills for level 40 on Diablo 2 So my cousin and I are planning to play some Diablo 2 in two days. Now he is already on the first stage of nightmare. Using the hero editor I would like to make a character that can play with him without being wasted or too overpowered. Ya know, like I did all of the work, without actually doing it. So how many stats and skill points would I have for an Assassin on level 40. Also, how much stamina, mana, and health does the assassin get per level? Thanks guys!Danzig2 Nov 27, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 Are you sick of D3 and Like D2 Better?!?!?! Play POE FFS!! Quit complaining and play a good(better) game then this.. Im so confused as to why people keep asking if this game will turn around and be fun again. Blizzards main goal is simple... It has to do with people like, Benjamin Franklin, Andrew Jackson, so on and so forth... Although Im sure the game designers have other wants, they do not control what is final, the money making mofos do!!! I remember when this game was fun, I remember when i found my first set item in inferno mp... o wait there was no mp10 etc, the game was actually a challenge... some think the AH ruined the game.. wrong.. It was all the people QQ'n about... "I cant find good items wah wah wah.." WTF are you 10 years old?? play the game, put some effort into it, if you wanna be self found, cc warriors or whatever who cares.. play how you like... sorry but if a game has no challenge it becomes very dull very quick.. that's a fact not my opinion, and if you say its not true you're a fool.. If this game had ladders then i could understand cc warriors being bs, but there is not.. reason people hate them is pure jealousy... If someone wants to spend real money no matter how they got it... ie mommys credit card, real job, beggin on the corner or what not, why is it a big deal?? doesnt effect your game in any way. Let the games begin... LOLBenjy23 Nov 27, 2013
Nov 27, 2013 Here's the truth... Ive been with POE before it went into BETA, and I can tell you POE is not a better game in anyway. But what's keep POE running and doing very well is ironically the RMT. People feel like when they play there is a reward, and when there it is rewarding there is a meaning to play. THE RMT market for POE is very secretive to some of the POE players(it keeps them thinking hey I know that the item I find are worth something) some people know well of the price of everything on the RMT market for POE. I'm sorry guys, the real money auction house is messed up, and it messed up Diablo 3. Because the RMT is directly controlled by the same party that made Diablo 3... people don't like that. People like POE because of that RMT being controlled by a third party kind of feeling... Yea I know Diablo 3 is better, but it's not rewarding..Elohim7 Nov 27, 2013
Nov 26, 2013 Dark Souls - Prepare to Die Edition - PS3 I bought this recently even though I had played the regular DS edition extensively over a year ago. I'm starting a Sorc this time (vs Knight in reg DS). It feels like a really fresh game - what an amazing game From Software created, haven't hit the new content yet but can't wait too. This game has all the elements what Diablo 3 should have had imho....dark, scary, eerie, evil, immersive, name it. No wonder the designers of the PS4 used Dark Souls as their inspiration in creating the console - it is the best game in it's class. This PS3 edition is the EURO version which comes with a steelbook and soundtrack. Absolute must have for any fan of the series.PowerCosmic0 Nov 26, 2013
Apr 23, 2014 "It was the wrong choice to play offline in D2" Diablo 3 Lead Designer Kevin Martens was quoted in this article about offline mode in D3. RPS: OK, now the big one. The auction house is out, but the online requirement is still in. You’ve explained that it’s all about community and whatnot, but would adding in a simple option to play offline really hurt? I mean, the game’s already that way on console, and it’s not like your community would just up and disappear. Plus, if they did, I think that’d mean they never enjoyed being online with your game in the first place. Martens: It’s interesting when you’re in the moment in gaming culture – when you’re playing the game right now – we see its flaws very well. When we look at the long history, it becomes sort of a rosy past. I don’t think people necessarily remember how mad they themselves were that they had an offline mode and online mode in Diablo II. This will probably be controversial for me to say. People will be like, “I wasn’t mad!” But I was there at the time, and then I studied this for a living. It sucks when your friend or brother is online and he wants to join this game, but you realize you’re an offline character and he’s an online character, and there’s no way to transfer over because offline characters can be hacked and hex-edited to hell and back, right? And then we had that split between expansion characters and normal ones as well [in Diablo II]. The community was inherently divided. And that’s what it boils down to. Long before any of this happened, we wanted to solve the trading problem. But before we even had the auction house, the always online thing was there. The game is most fun when you can play with other people. To be ghetto-ed off to the side and not part of the real game, we didn’t want that to happen. This is an online game. We want people to play together. All of that predates the auction house. I can see how people would think otherwise, but the auction house was a salve we came up with in the last few months of the project. It was a six-year project. RPS: Diablo III’s been out for a while, though. Don’t you think that changes the context a little? It’s not like people would be blindsided by this. They’d just have a new option, and so long as you explained the ramifications clearly – “This character won’t be able to go online, here is why” – I feel like most people would be OK. Better than them not being able to play the game at all, right? Martens: Well, we have to remember that a lot of new players are still coming in regularly. You can have a solution that works really well for the most knowledgable people, but you can make it much worse for the people who want to join the community as well. We’re adding more community features as well. Clans and groups are coming too. You know, this is the game we made. RPS: What if people don’t want to commit to a community? What if they just want to play the game? Martens: We didn’t make that game. That’s the straight-up answer. We did not make that game, and we’re not going to turn this game into that game. We have the online mode because we learned a lot over the many, many years that Diablo II was in development. That was the wrong choice to allow people to play offline, and we still stand by that. And we think Internet access is widespread. If someone has no Internet access, then yeah, Diablo III is not the game for them. [PR motions that time is up] RPS: Thanks for your time.Plutarch354 Apr 23, 2014
Nov 26, 2013 winter sale thinking about giving sc a try is this live?...prices havent changed in bnet storeunholy3 Nov 26, 2013
Nov 26, 2013 POE everything D3 isn't!! It's Only $10 So i download the beta for POE aka Path Of Exile. It is awesome, everything D3 isn't. The passive skill tree is insane. No skills bound to a class the skills come from gems that level as you do. Maps enormous and 1000% more complex than Diablo 3. Can't find a rare item you want just forge it from a normal with an orb same goes for magical you can even add more props to an item with more orbs. Guess how many levels there are for your toons? 100 not 60 The closed beta is only $10. Yea all the character interaction are reading no voice overs yet but it's a beta. Server suck but so do D3. When you die they stick you all the way back into town so if you haven't found the waypoint yet on the level you are on you have to go back thru it. The bad size is small only can fit about 10 items but the stash is huge. No gold either just scrolls, pieces of scrolls, orb, etc If you don't like a passive skill you just allocated use respect point to roll it back. Just one tho not the whole tree. You get more experience from harder monsters wow what a great idea Considering this is a beta and it only took them 5 years not 12 to make. End game content best idea yet beside more acts you get map drops to new levels and new bosses. They have 6 classes. Haven't tried coop yet only have 4 hours of play time in and I love it. I am not quitting D3 in any means I still have hope tings will get fixed such as today what did the new patch do(or break). The chat everyone is dissing D3 it hilarious.. For $10 you can't beat that there are higher level packages where you can get your name in the game credit(big deal) and some loot i.e. T shirts and what not.MasterDavid16 Nov 26, 2013
Nov 26, 2013 Hundreds Of New PlayStations Are Not Working Hundreds Of New PlayStations Are Completely Not Working "Uh Oh: Hundreds Of New PlayStations Are Completely Not Working If you're considering purchasing a PlayStation 4, you might want to wait a little bit. Hundreds of early PlayStation buyers are reporting issues with their newly purchased game consoles, which went on sale last week. In written screeds and online videos, a sizable number of gamers say they've been sold "bricked" PlayStations that crash after working for a short time or that fail to boot up at all. "We are aware that some people have reported issues with their PlayStation 4 systems," a Sony representative told The Huffington Post. "We are closely monitoring for additional reports, but we think these are isolated incidents and represent a very small percentage of total units shipped to consumers to date.” The PS4 has more than 600 one-star reviews on Amazon at the time of writing, many from verified accounts with complaints that their out-of-the-box PlayStations don't work." Full Story: Nov 26, 2013
Nov 25, 2013 so you think Heroes of the Storm will be good? I doubt it considering how badly pvp is in this game. I dont think blizzard knows how to make a good combative game anymore.bblamb8 Nov 25, 2013
Nov 25, 2013 To be honest, PoE is the game I wished D3 was It took so many cues from D2, but most importantly, it didn't just hollowly ape D2 like D3 tried to, it actually improves on what was great in D2. Sockets are FANTASTIC in PoE, whereas they're just some extra DPS in D3. White items are all potentially useful due to the ability to imbue. D2 quest rewards have all been expanded on and turned into actual game mechanics - resocketing, imbuing, and even more. The story and lore are interesting, but set in the background, so that they don't intrude on gameplay unless you go out of your way to interact with story objects. And then there's the passive tree. 1300+ passive skills, allowing you to build your character in a way that is really, truly unique, making a build that ONLY you have, and custom-tailored to the skill gems you wish to use. There are just enough respec points to fix clumsy mistakes, but nowhere near enough to change roles with the click of a button. It rewards planning and diligence without overly punishing mistakes. Progression and loot feel awesome, with 100 levels to go through. This means you're constantly leveling, just like in D2. It also means items aren't designed just for the cap. There's no gigantic gap between level 50 and level 60 items. Sometimes you'll find a godly level 1 unique that can last you the whole game, or that you can build around. Gear can convey game-changing bonuses like converting all your block to spell block, or making you cast spells from your life pool, or giving you stun immunity but removing your ability to evade. They rewrite the rules of the game and make your character a whole new sort of class just by putting the item on. Ladder is back and the hardcore modes even tell you when top players die. There are cool new game modes which add new mechanics and they're introduced every few months. Free new content and enemy types. Maps are actually random unlike D3's "chunks" in a 95% static map. Exploring is fun and you are never certain where waypoints or exits will be. Even bartering feels better, you actually communicate and trade with other players, can haggle over deals, and the whole game just feels fresh and alive with constant updates and info straight from the developers while D3 just feels like a dead husk of a game being thrown an occasional bone by PR puppets. Path of Exile is basically the Diablo 2 sequel I was hoping and waiting for over a decade. I guess there is not much else to say in this post except I wonder where it all went wrong.Miraa23 Nov 25, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 Help me pick a GPU This is the build I've decided to start. I'm having a hard time selecting the right GPU for it. This is my first build, so if anyone has anyone suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. This build MUST be able to handle Diablo 3 on HIGH settings and it must be future-proof for the expansion. Also, I may start playing WOW in the near future, so I want both of these games to run very, very smoothly, but at the same time not break the bank. Insight into either getting/or not getting a SSD. Thanks! :)xophax275 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 SSD Hi guys please help me Iam kinda noob here...well i have endure imba lag... my specs i5 2500K ( never oc ) 8gb ram asus mobo mlx hdd 1tera msi ngtx 560Ti Enermax 600watt Rumors say's if install d3 on SSD the lagg will settle??? is that true???Acap198622 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 Hello from Marvel Heroes! We now have PVP! and u know what? IT"S FREAKIN AWESOME! How's things in ol' Diablo0.3 land? :) Been a while, thought I'd poke my head through the window n' say Hi! :DDieftw28 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 24, 2013 Path of Exile Hello Blizzard... I guess everyone knows a game called "Path of Exile" i just have watched some gameplay about this game though it still in open beta, but it looks amazing a game between D2 and D3. There's no reason not to try out. That's why i post this thread! I'm an EU player and i really like D3 but i can't wait for the expansion, i guess no one can wait to get some improvements, especially with the loot system it's annoying (PC). Diablo since always for PC platform, so.... You know that thing is to stuck in specific game that you love, yes you do. I don't wanna abandon D3 and play Path of Exile because it's the same or because it's better!!! So i'm asking you to give us something until the expansion release. Improve loot system at least and makee it like PS3 and Xbox360 system, at least make them even, gamers is PC! The legendary drops are annoying and most of them bad stuff. Personally this what will keep me in game, otherwise i will get bored and leave HONESTLY !!! Am i wrong people ?!??! Thanks Blizzard and waiting for some changes. Not another 4 months dammit!Rinnegan7 Nov 24, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Live Streaming Hearthstone! Status: Online Hope to see you there!McDManager0 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 Question about graphics Can somebody answer me this before the blues move me to the eternal graveyard where no one goes to i was wondering if there was a way to see which slot your graphic card is currently in your motherboard. my card is PCIE 3.0 compatible and i installed it about 6 months ago but here recently i think i may of put it in the 2.0 slot and not realized it because they are backwards compatible. i should of noted that i want to know if this is possible WITHOUT cracking the case openZbik3 Nov 23, 2013
Nov 23, 2013 New farming game is out! If you don't like how farming is implemented in D3, here's something that maybe just for you: Nov 23, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Mumble for android Some of you guys use mumble on your phones. When I search mumble in my google play market there's like 5 different ones that come up (some paid some free). Which one is the best?pensfan0801 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 PCIE 3.0 Hey , i was wondering if there was a way to see which slot your graphics card is located on your motherboard without cracking the case open. im fairly certain when i read the manual and located the slots i put my card in the proper PCIE 3.0 slot but here recently im not sure , anyone know a way to see which slot your graphics card is located without opening your tower?Zbik0 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Which Diablo 2 should i buy? Well, since i am now bored to play D3 and expansion is about to come, I would like to play and try diablo 2. I can see there is also an expansion. Which one should i get then?FearBreaker2 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 Excellent RMAH replacement game! Daera16 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 22, 2013 PoE is boring Even thought D3 is basically un playable until ROS, I'm not going to waste my time playing another diablo rip off. I gave it a chance. It had pretty sweet features but when it comes down to it I still prefer Diablo 2.Goku92 Nov 22, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Best laptop for Diablo 3 for under $500? Can anyone help me on this one? All the posts I find from the past all have outdated links or discontinued laptops. With Christmas coming up, Im sure my son would love to find a nice new laptop under the tree! Doesnt need to be top of the line, just a nice screen and a video card capable of playing D3 with decent graphics. Thanks!Exiter39 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Anyone follow Boogie2988? What do u guys think of himLeon1 Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Join us for season 4. You won't want to miss out. Changes are happening to the newest season. Join the league today and play for free. Conquer players in a player vs player arena style gameplay. Teamwork matters and so do the players. Come play league of legends today. Sign up here Nov 21, 2013
Nov 21, 2013 Join the us for Season 4. Changes are happening. Join the league today and play for free. Conquer players in a player vs player arena style gameplay. Teamwork matters and so do the players. Come play league of legends today. Sign up here Nov 21, 2013
Nov 20, 2013 Is D2 still a thing? Like, is there a decent community with actual active players? Trying to find something to hold me off until RoS, but D3 isn't working lol.Sauerkraut1220 Nov 20, 2013
Nov 19, 2013 Cannot wait for March 18, 2014 Nov 19, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 What games do Blizzard employees play? Just curious! Do they mostly play their own games, or do they devote their main gametime to rival companies? Haha, it's all fun and games anyway so I doubt Blizzard really views any other company as rivals - except maybe the marketing guy, haha! And while we're at it, what games do you guys find yourselves playing lately? Me: -Hearthstone (very fun) -GTA5 (amazing) -LoL (really excited about Heroes of the Storm) -The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (hahaha just found it in my old stash, had to break out the OLD computer). really excited for RoS. That will be my main goto game, I'm sure of it. Pre-expansion patch I'm in.Godric18 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Which Final Fantasy Game to Try Next Hey guys I've recently decided I wanted to play the entire Final Fantasy series, but I'm not sure which one to start with. I would like to start with the main games (I-XIII excluding XI), before I go on to the sequels. So far I've played I,VII,VIII,IX,X,XII and XIII meaning I still need to play II,III,IV,V and VI. What I'm looking for is a recommendation of best to worst and in what order to play the rest of them. Thanks in advance guys, and have a good one.Varemis2 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Bored with Diablo 3? I know a lot of you still enjoy D2. Well come get your fresh ladder on on November 26! Nov 18, 2013
Nov 18, 2013 Upgrading GPU for Blizzard Games Thanks for taking some time to read this post, any helpful suggestions would be great. I want to upgrade my video card to play Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and the expansions for both at high FPS with ultra settings at 1920x1080. I would like to spend about $150, though I would go up to just over $200 if necessary. Good heat control and low noise level would be great. Also, any comments on affordable ways to get better performance from this set-up would be appreciated. Monitor: 23" 5ms LED Backlight LCD Monitor Acer S231HLBbid GPU: GeForce 9800 GT 1GB DDR3 256-bit CPU: Core i5 3.2 GHz RAM: 4GB x 2 (8GB) G.SKILL DDR3 Ripjaw Series MB: LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V Micro ATX Intel HD1: 320GB Western Digital SATA 6Gb/s HD2: 64GB Crucial SATA III (SSD for Windows) Power: 520W SeaSonic Bronze S12IILemosArt09871 Nov 18, 2013
Nov 16, 2013 Started playin D2 again... The only thing that i have the slightest problem with is going from the beautiful graphics of Diablo 3 to the old outdated graphics of D2. Aside from that its such a good and superior game in many ways. I have been playing 2.5 weeks and have a 85 Cold sorc and a 75 light sorc. Both geared really well so far -Occy, Shako, Tal amu's, Spirit mon's, up'd Skin of vipermagi, all res FC rings, 17 med Insight on merc, all res sc's, mf sc's, gheeds etc etc . Drops have been great so far, maybe a little slow but there is nothing like gearing yourself and getting exited about drops that actually don't totally suck 99.9% of the time. Haven't spent a cent on 3rd party sites but so far i have managed to get a few GG items as well as some good runes. Managed to get 2 jah runes <-(From a trade) , 7 ist, 5 Um, 8 pul, and about 12 Ko's so far not including all the lower runes i have been saving for crafting and runewords. Got my second Soj last night woo! And i haven't even started farming Hell yet lol. So when your all as sick of d3 and its major drawbacks as me don't hesitate to load up d2 again... Its worth it and that's not the nostalgia speaking, Its the I am playing it NOW and having as much fun as i did back then. Not as many playing as there was but lots playing. Specially if you hit peak hours. And most games tend to be in Nightmare or Hell. TIP1: The N key is your friend. Clears your screen of bot spam when pressed. TIP2: Trist runs lvl 1-15, then Tomb or Cow runs, then hit those baal runs :) Edit - Yes i am playing new ladder, I have no duped items as i am 100% self found so far. Only trades i am doing are gear i find for runes. Enigma and Infinity are my next crafts. Have 15% ed Superior mage plate and eth 4os CV for those. And today i make my first Hoto of the ladder. My only wish - Diablo 2 with diablo 3 graphics. That is all. Everything else in d3 can stay in d3... or should i call it by its real name... Satanic Pay2Win Cashgrab #1Croy50 Nov 16, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Legendaries for New Players. Hello Diablo 3 Fan Viewers. I would like to offer some Legendary Gear to those who are looking for their first ever Legendary piece of gear. If you're interested in some free gear, and have Diablo 3 for Xbox 360; then please add my gamer tag "TermlessFrog" to request an invite into my game. Note: I'm doing this, because I'd like to empty my Stash of goodies. I have roughly about 20+ Legendaries found throughout my experience in Diablo 3.Di3tMtD3wFan2 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Hellraid Came across this in a few different places, the trailer looks awesome. It's a First person perspective RPG/horror game that looks incredibly immersing, and still in development. I personally can't wait until it's available to play. Here is the official website: Nov 15, 2013
Nov 15, 2013 Listening to Mumble broadcast->English 101. I really had nothing to say - well, couldn't talk when my kids and wife were around. I acted as if I was listening to the radio from my iPhone. Refreshing to hear few familiar voices. It's like a podcast. I think we gotta cheer up. We are not obligated to play. D3 is not work. We are asking way too much from the game to change our lives. Life should be Carpe Diem. Same goes with D3. Play for now, worry about the future later.yodatoy114 Nov 15, 2013
Nov 14, 2013 <MP10 VIDEO> 600k DPS DemonHunter Rapid Fire <-- old vid <-- Act 2 Run <-- Elites only video The old video uses Vengance, I replaced it now with Archery for more damage Rabbit Fire! Enjoy Nov 14, 2013