Games & Technology

Jul 31, 2013 Shadowrun Returns So far I've played it for about 8 hours and the only things I have to say is: omg there's a !@#$leton of reading and 0 voice acting. the chat window is absurdly on the right side that my neck is a bit sore from looking in that direction now. the gameplay and overall feel very xcom like. my characters with hit percentages of 80%-95% miss like 3 out of 5 times like this has occurred 4x already which is ridiculous. I'm expecting my 99% hit rate next to hit like 0 out of 5 times. So I think their % RNG is broken or isn't very accurate after marking down how many times it happened considering I haven't participated in very many battles but the overall miss rate is like way fking higher than my actual hit %. So when I target a guy with like 30% to hit I just say ok plz miss plz miss, most of the time it misses and rarely hits which seems fine. But like 91% to hit a guy that's pointblank in my character's FACE so its 9% to MISS. MISSES 3 TIMES. CONSECUTIVELY THE CHANCSE OF THAT OCCURRING IS LIKE 0.09^3 = 0.000729. a 0.0729% chance occuring. I don't think I'm THAT lucky. Edit: Ok either the game has hidden modifiers or their RNG is just pure crap. 97% chance miss. Wow !@#$ing wow. Considering I've onyl been in combat like less than 10 times and probably fired the gun less than 100 times. overall i feel the game is worth 10$ being generous, not so much 20$. feels like a me-too game against xcom but with a lot more reading, and i don't even know if my choices i'm making are impacting anything or changing anything or consequential. there's no indication. i make like the most stupid choices ever like declining rewards, letting targetted people go free, not killing others doing the most stupid thing ever for hired jobs and whatnot and my character seems to have 0 consequences for their actions or stupidity. #edit okay just beat it it didnt take taht long. that was a shortass campaign. I think bastion lasted me longer than this, or Phoenix Wright even considering some told me to treat it like a visual novel. i guess user content is going to be the meat of the product... *facepalm* not exactly what I expected. Unless the game was free or 5$ under I would never expect user made content to make one's own product shine beyond their initial creation. i.e their official campaign.KradisZ9 Jul 31, 2013
Jul 30, 2013 Need to find another game to play during maintenance. Any suggestions? Not looking to play any other remake of diablo, so leave that one out. I haven't checked to see what games are out currently, but what other good mmo/multiplayer games are out there?Whitt10714 Jul 30, 2013
Jul 30, 2013 a word?? Hi Cant help but notice utilization yesterday 1.7gb written on my computer after 4 hours or so of play?? Im not sure the graph I saw but it was "HIGH" for sum time wot is the server/client potential with these settings ?? "I FEAR" that performance Blizzard ----====THANKING THE COLLECTIVE=====----- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 7/24/2013, 20:38:20 Machine name: OWNER Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130410-1505) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. System Model: Z68MA-D2H-B3 BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7694MB RAM Page File: 4463MB used, 7837MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit UnicodeRaditz4540 Jul 30, 2013
Jul 30, 2013 New to this sub-forum Hey guys! I usually don't post here, most of my posts are in the Barbarian, WD, LFG and General forums for D3. I run a YouTube Channel with some freinds and had some popular WD and Barb Guides for when this game was fresh. I just wanted to drop in and say I am doing a giveaway on my channel, we haven't done one since we gave away a NAGA. Free video games figured I would spread the word in the spirit of the philanthropy station from General. I was giving away in game items all last week, geared out a bunch of poor people. If you want to check it out, please feel free to. Also, we do a ton of game guides and reviews, and if you are into WoW we still have some good Powerleveling info for Pet Battles and such. Thanks in advance for checking us out! Hope everyone has a great day -Doc outDoc0 Jul 30, 2013
Jul 30, 2013 What Was Your Unique Character From D2? As the title asks, I am curious to what your unique character idea was in Diablo 2. Now I mean your own character build. I don't mean like you took a fully-geared hdin but instead of maxing holy shield you maxed defiance but I mean a truly unique character that no one else made, or at least not many people made or played. For 1 example: I made a melee sorceress that used Enchant (adds fire damage to your weapon) that was actually insanely strong. She was doing about 10k fire damage (as melee damage) from my strength boosts and Enchant (+ synergies and +skill points) and it was overall just hilarious to see a sorceress on the front lines with a 2-h axe in her hands. For another example: I made a necromancer that his sole purpose was to annoy people in duels. He used decrepify, the one rune word that gave you the holy freeze aura, a merc that also used the holy freeze aura and the clay golem which slowed enemies by 20%. This was soooo much fun until they capped the slow number and made it so slows/stuns didn't stack together. So again, what unique character did you create?SilvixXivlis0 Jul 30, 2013
Jul 29, 2013 WOW loses 600000 subscribers in 3 months "World of Warcraft, the massively popular online video game, has seen 600,000 subscribers leave in three months. It means a total of nearly two million players have turned off since the start of the year. Announcing its second quarter results, Activision Blizzard, which makes the dungeons and dragons-style game, said it now had 7.7 million subscribers. At the start of 2013, shortly after expansion pack Mists of Pandria was launched, it boasted 9.6 million. At its peak in October 2010, 12 million people were signed up. Subscribers pay a fee or buy a prepaid card to enter the Internet-connected game world and take on quests alongside other players. Despite the steady decline, World of Warcraft is still easily the world's most popular MMOG (massively multiplayer online game). A new in-game store, announced earlier this month and allowing players to buy extra items, may also help shore up subscriber numbers. Some paid-for online titles have struggled over the last year and dropped their subscription fees, casting doubt over the future of the business model. Star Wars: The Old Republic was the most notable casualty. Reported to have cost several hundred million dollars to produce, it became free to play in November 2012. World of Warcraft's subscriber figures come as Activison Blizzard revealed it is to go independent and buy $8 billion shares from its owner, French media giant Vivendi. Activision CEO Bobby Kotick and its co-chairman, Brian Kelly, have personally stumped up $100 million for the deal. Read more:" Is Diablo next?Fragbait8 Jul 29, 2013
Jul 29, 2013 Budget laptop 4 d3 911 Looking for a budget laptop around min August 2013 the budget is 400$ before tax. I would like 17" screen and have looked at the toshiba satellite and hp pavilion from best buy any suggestions, I would like it new/non referbishedJudas0 Jul 29, 2013
Jul 28, 2013 laptop capable of running D3? Need help. Hi everyone. I've been playing Diablo 3 on the desktop for a little while and have been running with a friend. But I would like to get a laptop that could run and play it as well so I'm not stuck sitting in the same place whenever I play. I also wouldn't mind checking the AH and such at work. I'm not the most intelligent when it comes to computer specs. When it first came out, I quit playing because the computer I had was dated, and had a poor paying job that I could not afford to upgrade. Now, with a better job, and a friend asking me to play, I bought the upgrades for my desktop. So my question is, what are some good laptops that can run d3 on at least normal settings. I don't need to run it as high as possible, though it would be nice. I'm trying to keep it in the 600-700$ range. Thanks in advance!CaptainHaze0 Jul 28, 2013
Jul 27, 2013 LF scroll of rez sender. Looking for someone to send me a scroll of rez. You will get the free mount as I will be buying gametime. message me for my email. †hanksKskerston0 Jul 27, 2013
Jul 27, 2013 so i went poe and love being a total newb >:D oh also love the community there, already someone helping me @_@pichapie35 Jul 27, 2013
Jul 26, 2013 comp will not run d3 at all..tried everything i have an old compaq computer but its updated to 2.9gig ram, 2.2 gh processor but it has windows xp still and my monitor is about 8 or 9 years old, even blizz couldnt figure out why it wont run d3, anybody got some advice, i was told to take the computer to bestbuy but that will be pricey, i think i jus need a new monitor or graphics card in generalOutrage4209 Jul 26, 2013
Jul 26, 2013 diablo 3 updates vs bl2 updates Does anybody else find it odd that borderlands 2 has received much more content and imrpovements in the form of dlc/updates then diablo 3 has, despite the fact that D3 was released several months earlier? This makes me wonder if blizzard really is working as much as they could when improving this game. Blizzard also has more incentive to make more and better updates since they have a strong cash flow from the rmah. Anybody feel the same way?Legacy1 Jul 26, 2013
Jul 25, 2013 Controversy Rages Over Dota 2 & Starcraft 2 Jul 25, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 More WoW cash shop Just when you thought it couldn't get worse they have now introduced cosmetic armor for purchase. 3 different transmog only head pieces. WoW fanboys are so insane that they are in complete denial and lack any reason or logic regarding this topic. The reason f2p games have a cash shop is because that is their only source of revenue. It's not just a lack of a monthly subscription. They don't even have a box price. While the box price, subsequent xpacs and a monthly subscription is meant to be a profitable revenue stream on it's own. Indeed WoW did operate without any cash shop items for awhile. I would argue it still can. I call this greed. My analysis is that the greedy vultures became accustomed to the runaway success of WoW and now we have reached a point of no return. Initially Blizzard only anticipated about 400-500K subscribers and felt that would be an adequate success. That is all the time and investment into creating WoW would have been sufficient with such a modest subscriber base. Fast forward and WoW at it's peak reached 12 million and held comfortably between 8-10 million. Having reached such numbers and pulling over 1 billion annually any less is like watching a crack addict having withdrawal. It started relatively innocent with 1 or 2 pets and mounts. After that the release of subsequent pets and mounts have curiously coincided with brief dips in subscriptions. It is a known fact that subscriptions ebb and flow in relation to content patches and xpacs as people tire and then come back to check out the latest stuff. What we know at this time in 2013 is that they lost 1 million subscribers and have anticipated even more by the end of the year. What they have done is release a new mount (armored bloodwing) and now this nonsense with even more items on the cash shop in the form of cosmetic gear. This is what I mean by greed and the point of no return. No longer is 1 million subscribers considered a wild success and enough, it becomes 7,8,9 and on and anything less is met with furious scorn from financial vultures resulting in the production of cheap virtual goods so the flow of caviar doesn't stop. I said this is double-dipping. I said it's greed. I said this is cannabalizing their subscribers. I say this is insatiable and dangerous. The fanboys refuse to listen. They remain in denial, impervious to any reason or logic and are even eager to throw money at them for what they rightfully deserve for no extra fee. It does not matter if these items are cosmetic. A subscription-based game should not have a cash shop in the first place when they already have a revenue source. This is unprecedented in WoW history to have this many new items released on the store at once. It wasn't too long ago when they released the armored bloodwing mount. Shortly after we have 3 new cosmetic head gear for $15 each. Pets, mounts and cosmetic gear are standard fare for f2p games, but WoW is not f2p. This is a very ugly sign of the future. Am I the only person who feels it's naive to think that a video game subscription is not a reliable long-term source of revenue? Yet apparently this is exactly how it seems to be played out. Having declined from 12 to 8 million, the investors are mad and whips Blizzard to fetch more caviar. They better have more bikini gear and other knickknacks ready to roll on the store because the whippings won't stop. This is a doomed cycle of oblivious fanboys and greedy vultures who are turning this once great game into a heist of the century. There is no reason for them to stop. It will only get worse. If you can't see it now then it is hopeless, but if you enjoy outfitting your draenei with an expensive prada suit then I suppose my concerns are in vain. Enjoy your $15 hat, your $25 mount, a $15 pet, $10 sandals and maybe a $30 armani suit and of course the privilege of paying $15 a month just to be able to show them off. I'm sure Blizzard is eager to sell you even more stuff so just send your paychecks directly to them from now on.Kageki3 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 Final Fantasy XIV who's going to play? I've been dissatisfied with D3 for a while now. I haven't found a single item that is really memorable or exciting. I'm glad I purchased the game and all but it's sad how little the dev's cared and any real improvments will forever be put on hold at the chance for them to make a few extra bucks. Ex. This ridiculous several month patch being put on hold just so they can market this game on consoles. Anyway I really like MMORPGS's and Final Fantasy 11 was one of my all time favorite games. They are about to release the next MMO next month and after reading up on it am yearning for it like no game before besides what I expected of D3. They actually released it last year but unlike D3 took note of the negative reviews and recalled the game to do a full rework and re release a much more polished version. ( I can only imagine what this game would be like if Big Blizz had the humility to actually recall a game of theirs, we can all agree the outrage more than warranted this) So I'm just curious is anyone else from the D3 community excited for this game to come out and plan on playing? Thanks for taking the time to read and I look forward to reading your responses!Acernom6 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 24, 2013 for those of you that owns a 3ds is animal crossing a good game to get into? I have not played a single animal crossing game and would like to hear your thoughts about the game. Thanks, -MowzeMowze2 Jul 24, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 can someeone rush me on uswest d2 ladder? yeah im in need pleaseKevin0 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Building a PC need advice- SO someone gave me a free tower... it is an old E-machine case with like 40 gig hard drive and all other crap stats.... i am going to take out all the hard ware, and clean it out, and paint the case... then get all new componnents. my quesitons- Will any mother board fit in any case? or does it have to be the same "type" that was in before? Can any power supply work? Once i get mother board, will i need to make sure that HD, Ram, and graphincs will be compatible, or are all compatible... and will the new hard ware come with screws ect.... or do i need to save? once i get everything started i will post pics and do a progress thread as well... if i can follow through.GlyKon4 Jul 23, 2013
Jul 23, 2013 Wildstar New MMO on deck. Thoughts on the game? Moldran referred to this game in his recent video. In closed beta, but just from first glance, looks promising I guess? Moldran's vid: Jul 23, 2013
Jul 21, 2013 Video game addiction group in Atlanta Hey guys, anyone want to start an addiction group in Atlanta for real life fun? I'm an addict, but need some buds to do things with to help get me away from the computer lol. I'm interested in hiking, biking, disc golf, ultimate frisbee, parties, playing pool, anything... PM me if interested. I think moderators will agree that this is definitely on-topic as Blizzard games are the best (and worst) for this problem. Good luck everyone!jcrespect0 Jul 21, 2013
Jul 21, 2013 Help me get a new laptop Hi Guys! I currently need your help. I am looking to buy a new laptop to play D3 on. I am a Web and Graphics Designer so, I will need it to work my Adobe Softwares as well. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what brand and model would be good for me? Im currently looking at the Acer V3 and Lenovo Y580....Mugel4 Jul 21, 2013
Jul 21, 2013 Need Help!,Computer Savants/Pros needed! So Im considering picking up a new computer, basicly I can get it for free,I just want to make sure its better than the one im using now and if so by how much. The one Im using now has Operating System:Windows (Service Pack 1) CPU Type:AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 235e Processor CPU Speed:2.72 GHzSystem Memory:6.44 GB Video Card Model:NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT(bought and installed after purchsase-addon) Video Card Memory:4 GB Video Card Driver:nvd3dum.dll Desktop Resolution:1280x1024 Hard Disk Size:733.94 GB Hard Disk Free Space:608.19 GB (83%) And heres a link to the one im looking at. Now I would want to take the video card out of my current PC and put it in the new one soI would want to make sure that was possible. I know its not Gaming rig but neither is the one I have now and for the games I play on it ,it works fine. Although I wouldn't mind maybe getting into some more graphic intensive games like cod,ect. for now I play LoL,& hearthstone when it comes out. So basicly I would like a comparison ,,it would be a ton of help and I would truly appreciate it as I really don't know how to look and really compare, I mean I know it has more ram ect...I need to know the more finer and detailed things. If you can help I thank you a TON Be honest,harsh,its fine.Unsub8 Jul 21, 2013
Jul 21, 2013 Moldran Banned I am not sure where to post this. Moldran just got banned on for nothing :(Barambo5 Jul 21, 2013
Jul 20, 2013 There's still hope for Diablo III Two weeks ago I got SimCity 2013 as a gift from a dear friend along with its DLCs, and I already knew at the time that the game was totally garbage, that was targeted for people who call themselves "Gamers" on the iPad and Facebook. So I spent a around 30 hours into it and I regret every moment I spent in that game. I know that diablo's 3 always online requirement sucks, but it isn't that bad after all. Because I actually enjoy public games and playing with friends, checking out the AH and chatting with strangers about builds. But in Simcity it's totally different since you required to have fake "friends" so you could just get your little sized city up and running partially. The game is totally bugged, people are angry, not a SINGLE post on their forum talks about the good sides of Simcity IF ANY. They're all complaining and want refunds. While EA is doing NOTHING about it. I didn't want to get into the problem because in the end, I got it as a gift for fixing a couple of dead computers for free from a friend. When I got back to Diablo III, you actually see improvements, it's a good game but it's not a good diablo game at this stage, you know with the patches coming along after blizzcon. I mean at least blizzard is trying to fix the game and not leaving us hanging like what EA is doing right now. But, if blizzard announces diablo's 3 expansion at blizzcon this year, then you can just go ahead and throw everything I've said into the garbage, because nobody's gonna make the same mistake twice, unless we actually see improvements in the game until the expansion is released.Imonar3 Jul 20, 2013
Jul 20, 2013 US now granting athletic visas to pro gamers! Riot Games, creators of the popular online competitive game "League of Legends," announced that it had successfully lobbied the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services to begin issuing professional players P-1 visas, which are intended for "individual athletes." Source: Jul 20, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Need help building a desktop under $600 The title says it all guys, do you guys think a gaming desktop under $600 would be able to run diablo 3 to its maximum potential? Any input will be much appreciated, thank you in advance. PS: I can get Windows 7 even 8 from my university for free for i am a student so that can be excluded from the budget!LordVodka3 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 19, 2013 Warcraft 4 when will it exist ? and the nyan cats cry as Over 9000 mudkipz invade their homeland of Nyan because they heard that the Nyan cats like them . Half life 3 confirmed but will WC4 be confirmed ?shadowninja915 Jul 19, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 System for playing WOW, or D3 (CHeapish) So, I was bored and decided to make a simple system for playing Wow, or D3. I kept it cheap, but didn't compromise where it counts (Mobo,PSU). I tried to stay away from deals that won't be around at a later time. This is by no means the cheapest you can put this system together, and, one or two of the items (HDD n DVD burner) can be bought as a bundle. I stayed away from SDD, since it's double the price of an HDD. The case I chose is by no means the only choice, I picked it because it's just big enough to fit an after market cooler, has modern options, and ranks right up there with the Antec 300 when keeping your system cool at 10 bucks less. This is more of a guide to go by if you want to build a system that can handle most games you throw its way. Don't expect running everything at max, I mean, you get what you pay for, but, this system should keep the average gamer happy (If you're not average make your own system :). The PSU I picked is 80 rated, but only 500W. This should be more than enough for what's in the system, and doing some Over clocking. Want to add a *2nd GPU, I'd suggest a 650W card, 80 rated. The after market cooler I picked is the standard goto, CM Hyper 212 evo. This is optional, if you don't plan on over clocking, you won't need it. It just barely fits in the case I selected, but it fits. Want a bigger case? There are some good options for 20 - 30 dollars more, Cooler master Storm scout 2 can be bought on sale for 70ish here and there, I like the RoseWill R5 myself, it's large and can be found on sale for 59.99 at times. *The motherboard I picked is 8+2, the cheapest you'll find one, basically. It has 1 PCIe x 16, and one PCIe x 4. This means the Mobo is less than ideal for running duel cards, the x 4 will take a 2nd card, but, it will bottleneck. If you want the most out of your card, go with 990, and not 970. Just make sure it's 8+2 if you plan on over clocking. So, here it is. Case Rosewill Challenger PSU Corsair CX500 CPU Fx-6300 Mobo GB 970A UD3 GPU PowerColor HD 7850 2Gb Ram Team Vulcan 8Gb (2x4) DDR3 1600 HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 64MB 7200 RPM DVD Asus DVD/Burner *Aftermarket CPU cooler CM Hyper 212 Evo Total in cart: 690.91 There are discounts, and bundles that would lower this price, I'm not taking that into consideration. Once again, the Aftermarket cooler is optional, also, if you want a blu-ray player, it's going to cost more. You might notice I didn't add a OS (aka windows 7) this will add 90 - 100 to the cost of the system. I also didn't add in a monitor, or keyboard and mouse, Assume at least another 150 if you need these also. Anyway, this is not the best deal for the money you can get right now, this is simply a system which will work well, and the general price of items right now. Good luck.Chargeit3 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 hellgate london remember that game :) so much potential, promised every monster would look different, every enviroment would be different. and when i got the game everything looked exactly the same LOL kinda like all the promises about d3 in the beginning and what we got now? Lol guess they still remember some of bliz norths tricks!Johnathan6 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Anyone else excited about AC4? Just wondering if anyone else here plays Assassin's Creed games. I'm getting really amped up. Gonna have to try to balance Diablo and AC4.TinMan3 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 18, 2013 Heartsthone - Heroes of Warcraft Anyone excited for this game? I just tried Magic online for the first time and its a very good game but a bit complex. I think hearthstone should be fun though.OneShot3 Jul 18, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Solution to Down Time Download Path of Exile It is free and has about same features as D3 Just a thoughtfroggerxt3 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 17, 2013 Decided to play some FF7 during the maintenance... Finished Part I. You know what that means... Why'd you have to let her die!!! After all these years it still gets me every time. Single most historical scene in gaming history imo.Phantom18 Jul 17, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 Anyone Try Kings Road? This game looks pretty good. Free to play. Graphics and loot look good but I haven't tried it yet.OneShot13 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 PS3 in shop Hi All, Just want to share my experience with everyone thinking of getting a Diablo 3 for PS3. This is a warning. Just a few days ago, my PS3 broke. Not only that it is now costing me 100 bucks to get to fix, but this is the second time this has happen on TWO separate PS3. What went wrong? Well the first PS3 which I had for about 4-5 years was the blue-ray/disk scanner, but it is now at the point of not fixable. My other PS3 which I also had for around the same time is being repair after the YLOD (motherboard got overheated). I am hoping it'll last me till PS4 comes out, if they can fix it which I will update you guys in about 2-3 days. In my opinion, from my perspective the PS3 is a good system but wear and tear over the year will definitely shorten the lifespan. I don't know why, but my PS2 modded had a better lifetime than the PS3, not only it was modded but I bought it over to my friends and took less care than the PS3. My issue is not that it has a short lifespan, but rather the lack of intelligence that went into how it was built. So understand Sony, my PSP broke and now I think the maintenance requirement for a gaming system is lacking resource. Thanks. LapChi#3850LapChi1 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 16, 2013 17 in laptop/touchpad buying advice for D3 I am in search of a decent 17 inch laptop with a good touchpad for D3. I do not use a mouse due to a chronic injury that is worsened by long duration use of a mouse. I only play HC so the touchpad has to be responsive and the left and right buttons need to work well. Poor play due to a bad touchpad tends to leave me RIP! I currently use an older Gateway (7 years old). It is heating up and the vid card tends to go wonkers after about 15 minutes of play. I clean it frequently, use a Cooler Master and an additional table fan. That worked for awhile, but it's time to upgrade as the play time is geting less and less before it overheats. I'm looking in the range of $800 to $1200. It does not have to be the latest and greatest. Suggestions are welcome. ThanksMatoskah1 Jul 16, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 Seventh Son.... does this remind anyone else of the templar of POE????Imperium0 Jul 15, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 Windows defender for windows 8 laptop I downloaded d2 from battlenet and after playing I noticed that everytime I would engage a group of enemies the game would get laggy.I then looked up how to make it run faster,after typing in msconfig and turning off apps and pretty much everything else the game worked a lot better and with 0 lag.Unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to turn everything back on so I took my laptop to radioshack and a guy there fixed the problem and explained to me how to do it.Also he told me that mcafee left a "big footprint".whatever that means,and that I should get windows defender instead,I typed it in under my computer and found that I already have multiple files with the name windows defender on my dell 3520 inspiron laptop.So basically my question is should I download windows defender and get rid of mcafee and that since I found files with the name windows defender does that mean it came with my pc so theres no need to download it? Also does mcafee make games run slower? Btw im an extreme noob when it comes to computers so any information would be extremely helpful.Thanks in advance.daedriclord0 Jul 15, 2013
Jul 15, 2013 Loved Titan Quest? Support Grim Dawn! I'm here to sound like a shill, but I thoroughly believe this game is going to blow D3 out of the water in most categories for serious ARPG fans and they don't do much marketing... It just released Alpha to early backers and already looks ten times better than PoE. It also better than D3 in my opinion. They are a small development team and therefore slow but they know what they're doing as those of you who enjoyed TQ and its expansion know already as these are the former TQ developers. It has several ...75 plus levels I believe... of a dual class system with classes like Soldier, Commando and Occultist, an actual dark and NOVEL setting for these kinds of games which is a gaslight Victorian kind of horror setting. LAN play is available, DRM free etc etc. Instead of pay2win plans it looks like they are planning to do straight DLC with extra classes in the DLC from what I can tell. If you never played Titan Quest and the expansion you really should as it's still competitive with the level of quality in games turned out these days IMO. A deep dual-class skill system, fun loot and interesting setting (Greek Mythology). Site's in the top line to check out for yourself, read the FAQ and look at the media and draw your own conclusions. Personally, I have shelved D3 in favor of games with this sort of content and pay structure such as you can find in Borderlands 2. I don't enjoy a pay2win skinner box substituting for actual quality and content in a game and I hope other gamers start waking up to this fact of base manipulation by companies and tell them to shove it so we'll see less shallow crap produced and good franchises ruined. Plants Vs. Zombies 2's recent release is another example of corporate greed destroying a good game.Otaking8 Jul 15, 2013
Jul 14, 2013 Its sad when... Its sad when these games are more like diablo than diablo 3 is..... 1) Baldur's Gate 2) torchlight 3) path of exile 4) Titan quest 5) Fate.. i mean come on.. fate is more like diablo than D3... seriously blizz.... 5 titles... im sure there are more out there... the majority of these games have more in depth character progression, replayability, and overall fun. get good blizzard... you're being a noob right now. tldr : seriously you couldn't read all of that? come on...bblamb21 Jul 14, 2013
Jul 13, 2013 Anyone Want Some Teamspeak? Hey there guys and gals, i got this teamspeak server that is open to the public that i think you should know about. The server is public meaning that you can create your own channels for groups, clans, parties and or personal use any time. The server is up 24/7 and frankly we could always use the extra players. If you would like to join great and have fun! If not well sorry that you couldn't come along... server address: Jul 13, 2013
Jul 13, 2013 Dark Souls. I am enjoying my Diablo 3 vacation, playing Dark Souls. I noticed I got stuck on the endless loop of playing Diablo 3 for hours on end, finding no good items and not really being challenged. Diablo 3 is so mindless you can just throw music on, or a tv show and pay half attention to the game, only really noticing the game when a ping sound indicates your new shiny turd lands on the floor. I found getting into other games was hard though, I just wanted to keep coming back to D3 to farm for more shiny turds. Once you break away and play a game you have been putting off for a while, you really realize how terrible Diablo 3 really is. I know Dark Souls and Diablo 3 are not even close to the same game, but they are in the sense as each provides enjoyment. Dark Souls has gameplay satisfaction in spades, it is in fact the reason the game is well received. Make a difficult enough game where players feel accomplished. Argh, I am sick of being reminded of how terrible Diablo 3 is. Why am I here? I want this game to be as rewarding as other games I play....Heisenberg6 Jul 13, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Come watch Cube World! Level 131 Rogue Open world randomly generated seeds! Game is still in ALPHA but a lot of fun! Come watch us farm legendary items and do dungeons! Jul 12, 2013
Jul 12, 2013 Florida law makes RMAH illegal? According to Bill CS/HB 155 in FL electronic gabling devices are illegal. Now one doesn't think of Diablo 3 being a gambling but due to the bills poor use of words it seems that it does. Line 181 of the bill states what a 'Slot Machine' is defined as. If you continue to line 193 I'm not allowed to make money from anything that has the 'Chance' factor. Well D3 is all about chance, and since you can get real money from that chance factor I would also assume this breaks the law there. Bill: Whats your thoughts on this?WhoMe27 Jul 12, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Diablo 2 runs: July 11th GAME NAME: oldschool PASSWORD: kitten I'm thinking about running some Diablo 2 tomorrow, in the morning/afternoon - I'll be hopping online, either on Starcraft or Diablo III to see if anyone of my friends is interested, but thought I'd also open this up to anyone who is interested from the forums - We'll be starting level 1's, and just running the game for the fun of it. No, I'm not doing this because I dislike D3 - In fact, I enjoy the game greatly. This is moreso my old-school side kicking in, and wanting to play SNES/NES, and older computer games (I started Dune 2 last night, if that tells you anything). I don't care what class you play - we could run 8 sorcerers for all I care. I don't care what build you want to run... you could be OP as anything, or you could put your first 20 points into Warmth, and be useless on the battlefield. We're doing this for fun. I do ask that you be moderately mannerly and respectful to the others in the group, assuming we have enough interest to start. I also ask that you don't bring in your super-high-powered OP characters and gear... this run is about experiencing the game, and getting our own stuff - I don't care if people trade gear with others that they found, but having one person wreck everything because they were given sick-gear isn't as much fun for everyone else. For now, the game will be just titled oldschool, and the password will be kitten, so if you don't get in touch with me, but want to join up anyway, feel free, as long as the game isn't full (I doubt it will be, but you never know)Shreazla7 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Any Warmachine/tabletop players? If so, have you seen Privateer Press's new Kickstarter? Ye gods. Just shut up and take my money.Vrkhyz0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 What I miss most from D2 First off this is not an I hate D3 post, D2 was better blah blah blah. Overall I am enjoying D3. Lots of good improvements from D2, especially in the quality of life department such as life globes and auto gold pick-up. I know, I know, that doesn't make up for much of the preference or nostalgia many will have from features taken out of D2 (stat points, skill trees - take your pick. All legit, but not the meat of my post.) What I miss most from D2 was the amount of items that were useful. I am not sure if that will be part of "loot 2.0" or stuff added in the expansion. From what I gather and speculate about loot 2.0 is legendary improvements and maybe revisiting the core stats (strength, int., etc.) and the CC, CD, IAS type stuff. So I am not sure loot 2.0 will necessarily scratch my itch, but I am definitely curious to see what they have in mind. But what really drove me in D2 was when all the loot was falling I felt like I had plenty to sift through that could aid me in some way. Looking for white quality weapons, or various armors for that matter, with certain amount of sockets for runewords. Runes themselves! Gems, jewels and charms – oh my! I feel in D3 it’s the lack of all these things to collect that make the game feel hit and miss. So much of the loot is either home-run or strikeout (and I have a low batting average!) Even with crafting in D3, you can gather mats for pretty much a reenactment of the loot drop – a chance at something great, or the “whiff.” In D2 I felt that I could still hit a home-run with a nice loot drop, but along the way gather items over time and gradually get better gear (singles, playing small ball to go back to my baseball analogy). I was a noob who picked up every single lousy rune and popped them into the cube to crunch them into the next tier higher. Never had an Enigma, but I at least made progress towards one. I don’t feel I am making progress towards certain gear in D3. Yes, I collect gold which I can take to my local AH and get some lewts, but collecting gold doesn’t have the same fun value to me as sifting through the loot on the ground. The current gem system in D3 is the only thing comparable to the long term upgrading that D2 provided. And that is lacking at the moment imo. TLDR – I miss long-term gear progression that could be picked away at each time I play, that did not still have the randomness that our current crafting system has. Runes, runewords, gems, charms, finding multiple socketed items etc. Thoughts?wyldcat8 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Game testing jobs? Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find listings near where I live? I'm actually good at finding glitches in games, so this isn't just to find some job to be lazy in. Everywhere I search on google, it involves a dead end, test from home for an absurd amount of money or some college. I want an actual job.ISmkPotatoes0 Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 A Strange Game Jul 11, 2013
Jul 11, 2013 Just wondering If my laptop is able to run diablo 3 will it run poe? Im unsure of my pc's exact specs. Its a dell inspiron 3520 core i3 laptop.4gb I think.daedriclord3 Jul 11, 2013