Games & Technology

Oct 9, 2012 Guardian Cross please read if youplay RA35082 Hello Beginners, If you start playing this game, please use my my invitation code shown on below. The reason you should use my invitation code out of all of those is because i have a fat stash of 3 star monsters. I will give each and one of the people a 3 star monster and trust me 3 stars are really hard to come by when your starting off. IF i do run out of 3 stars i will start handing out slimes i have over 20 and so i am pretty sure i wont get all 20+ invites but please do.I'll help :) RA35082TyroneTheBig0 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 What CPU is better??? Like to get the opinion of the community, on which processor is better for gaming AMD or Intel. The only reason I ask is for the past 15 years of gaming every computer I built always had AMD processor in them. With today processors I just trying figure wish is a better route to go, when it comes to gaming.SiNmAn18 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 streaming music come listen?? www.tinychat.com/fantomu plzzyonamine1 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 9, 2012 X-COM:Enemy Unknown Demo is out !!! This game is going to be game of the year . Alot of people dont really know much about this game but its a reimagination of one of the greatest PC games ever made . http://www.xcom.com/enemyunknown/Grailer9 Oct 9, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Need advice to increase framerate - Noob I know hardly anything about how to get things done right using computers. I just wanna play this game, in all it's awesomeness, cool effects and graphics spewing right into my brain. However, this is the first game I've ever tried to play on my own PC, I'm normally on the xbox but was really looking forward to D3 because I dabbled on D2 when I was younger and had lots of fun with it. I need advice on how to get the framerate up while I play. I have all the graphics on the lowest possible settings, and parts of the game are still hard for my to play efficiently because it's hard to click on what I want, and actually SEE what's going on at all times, not broken up bits and pieces of the action. Some parts of the game are worse than others, sometimes the gameplay is smooth in the less extensively designed maps. Can anyone give me advice on how to check to see where I'm at, as far as system requirements, and then where I should be at and how to get there. Thanks so much for your time.BadMrKenny2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Help! I'm about to buy a new laptop and I want to make sure I can play WoW and D3 on it but I am clueless about specs. The two laptops I'm looking at are: 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM processor / 8GB Memory / NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB OR 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3612QM processor / 8GB Memory / AMD Radeon™ HD 7730M 2GB Which one should I get that would be sufficient for wow and d3? I know it's probably hilarious to some of you it's out there, but I just don't know about this stuff. Much appreciated! :3Cthulhu2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Computer help Hey guys I'm in need of some advice on upgrades for my computer. I want to be able to stream and run PC games without lag, and my birthday is coming up soon so I might beef up my computer. The current specs are : Win7 Processor : AMD Phenom 9600 B Quad-Core Processor ~2.3GHz 4096MB RAM GFX card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS Power supply : EXTREME ATX 450W Motherboard : Asus M2N68-AM PLUSZuexy5 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Should I get RAM or is it something else? I tend to lag on my first run when i play D3, and it's not just a little, it lags to the point where the screen freezes. It also lags when I fight big mobs also. I don't know what I need to upgrade on my PC to fix it. I was thinking about getting more ram but im not sure if that would help. Here are my system specs. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 10/1/2012, 10:02:29 Machine name: KEVIN-PC Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Gateway System Model: FX6800-01e BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz Memory: 5120MB RAM Available OS Memory: 5112MB RAM Page File: 4062MB used, 6157MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode Display Devices --------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1200&SUBSYS_089810DE&REV_A1 Display Memory: 3278 MB Dedicated Memory: 978 MB Shared Memory: 2299 MB Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: HP x2301 Micro Thin Monitor Monitor Model: HP x2301 Monitor Id: HWP2973 Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz) Output Type: HDMI Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0623 (English) Driver Version: 9.18.13.623 DDI Version: 11 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 8/30/2012 12:14:00, 18229096 bytesComeUps1 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI I'm not simply asking what is better. I'd like to know what are the pros/cons of each. (Please keep it chill, this is a discussion, not an ePeen contest)Ajarat2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Got Torchlight 2 this weekend It's good. I like the feel of the combat, it's feels pretty good. A bit slow (Other than the super run speed), but predictable and stable. To me it falls short of being a competitor for D3, however. The skill system seems fine, but a bit boring to me. (Feels dated, if anything). I don't get a rush out of adding a 4th skill point to a skill that increases 3% power each skill point, so I tried saving up every skill point from lvl 1 so I could point-bomb a skill I unlock at lvl 7, but they're too smart for that and force you to spend your early skill points on early skills. (Which I found ALL underwhelming with the one exception of extending range for my Outlander) Stat points, etc. I see no gameplay advantage or real character distinction through assigning them. I'd say it's equivalent to D3s (Entirely missing) attribute assignment. I simply don't care whether it's there or not. On the plus side, I like the Outlander FAR more than I like DH in D3. The items are also pretty neat, in that you're CONSTANTLY getting new upgrades. Seems good, although I found it almost overwhelming in that I had to regularly check my inventory to see if one of the several magic items I've found are worth using. So in short, it's a good game. I gave it about 3 hours of playing, I'll probably play it when I get bored of D3 sometime. But equal/better than D3? Not even close.PaulAcid4 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 Your best moments in diablo 2 I have seen a lot of people referencing d2 in other threads lately, and I have started to nostalgia. So my question is, what is the best item you ever found ON YOUR OWN. This means that you could not have traded high runes, torches, or any other thing for the gear. I had to have dropped from bosses like uber's. Also, what has your favorite memory/experience you had? My best drop was the 1 hand grief. That weapon rocked. And my favorite moment was when I killed crazycunt, probably one of the best light sorcs in the world (im pretty sure I got lucky)tameraine2 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 8, 2012 A comparison of MMORPGs Which MMORPGs do you rank the highest? Is your choice influenced by when you started playing them, e.i. will people always consider games they played first to be the best? To help you answer these questions I've constructed this survey: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/R8KGDJB It's for a university study, takes about 3-4 minutes, much appreciated :) PeaceFlik0 Oct 8, 2012
Oct 7, 2012 Horde - Tichi - Free Mount (Send me a Scroll) Post here on your horde tichi char & post your d3 char name/# and ill add ya & send you my email in game.MrNiceGuy0 Oct 7, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 TL2 Boring already 45 hours played Im bored of TL2 already . 900 hours playing In D3 I would still play it if the loot wasnt UTTER !@#$ POO WEESGrailer45 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 6, 2012 Need help for a friend. He's buying a new graphics card for his PC, and neither of us are sure what would be the appropriate upgrade. Would anyone like to help? Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: ECS System Model: H61H2-M2 BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/11/11 16:29:39 Ver: 04.06.04 Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM Available OS Memory: 4002MB RAM Page File: 2512MB used, 5491MB available Windows Dir: C:\windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: Using System DPI System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Manufacturer: Intel Corporation Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family DAC type: Internal Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0102&SUBSYS_31901019&REV_09 Display Memory: 1696 MB Dedicated Memory: 64 MB Shared Memory: 1632 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model: DELL E176FP Monitor Id: DELA014 Native Mode: 1280 x 1024(p) (60.020Hz) Output Type: HD15 Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32 Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2509 (English) Driver Version: 8.15.10.2509 DDI Version: 10.1 Driver Model: WDDM 1.1 Driver Attributes: Final Retail Driver Date/Size: 8/31/2011 12:53:18, 8312320 bytesMinutesGalor3 Oct 6, 2012
Oct 5, 2012 Now This IS Loot http://imageshack.us/a/img685/6957/2012092800001.jpgRalelen13 Oct 5, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 MSI GT70 or Asus G75VW? So I've been searching for a gaming laptop and have narrowed it down to these two, but I really can't decide. I love the MSI GT70's keyboard color options, although I've heard that some times the keys don't register. I also don't know if their cooling system is efficient with one fan, is it? How loud are they? Also how is the case in comparison to the Asus? I like the Asus G75VW, and it seems like an overall solid product. Are there any issues with it? I wish I could customize the keyboard lighting colors too though -_- And is Asus' support really that bad? I think my biggest issue is I have to finance the laptop, and I can either buy from Tigerdirect or Newegg. Newegg only has the MSI in stock, so if I get the MSI I can get a free xbox. If I go with Asus, I have to buy from Tigerdirect and don't get a free xbox.. This is my dilemma haha. Overall what are your opinions on the laptops? Which do you feel is better? And in my case, which one is worth it?KINGYORK5 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 4, 2012 need help with a new video card Hey guys, I'm currently running the Asus GTX550ti and I want to switch over the Radeon and need help deciding. I had the HD4650 512mb prior to purchasing this video card and I think i truly like radeon better then nvidia. So I want to switch back over. Any suggestion would help. My PC SPECS: AMD phenom 9500-quad core 2.2ghz 8GB memory 450w power supply Anyone running the HD7770 or HD6850? HD6850- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102908 HD7770- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103205ogbarb1 Oct 4, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Dont switch games, TL2 was hype So I possibly made a huge mistake in buying Torchlight 2. Being someone who saw a lot of merit in Diablo 3, I figured I would atleast check out what all the critics were thinking about Torchlight 2. I can tell you 5 hours into the game, in the middle of Act 2, that there is nothing greener over that hill. The game is not this intuitive gift that people were claiming it to be, in fact, the game is quite boring. Its not that the game is bad, per se, its more that its nothing new. TOrchlight 2 builds on nothing, it offers nothing new to the land of ARPGs. It is simply there, and...yeah.... Its hard to praise it on much. It does give you a sense like you are earning loot, as I had actually completed a set 4 hours in. However, the set items themselves had bad stats and the 6% attack speed and 10% health increase was not worthwhile. It gives you the illusion that it rewards you by handing you set item after unique after set item, but if you look at those items, 95% of them were useless. When I turned it off after another 2 hour run, I realized the game had really built on nothing. Its Diablo 2, with a different art style. The game rewards you by engineering your drops to be for your class. 90% of my drops you could tell were for an Embermage, except that, I was specced as a Melee Embermage and needed some warrior gear, that I couldnt find, meaning I could not get the damage mitigation I need and was basically a glass cannon. Its nothing new and I assure you if you are still playing Diablo 3 at this point but may want to "try it" you arent going to find anything worth playing that anymore. Its a shame really, if I had a physical copy and the CD key id probably try to sell it to someone who wants it but Steam, yeah.... 20 bucks gone. It just doesnt build on anything and is not worth switching games if youve committed 150-200 hours or more to characters your building up.Diosys99 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 TL2 20 hours in I really like it so far but don't think its a reason not to play D3. TL2 is what you play when your pissed off at not getting any drops after a 100 hours of D3 and decided you want to play something more rewarding for your time. Do I see it being shorter lived the D3? With out mods yes. Is it more than worth the $20? Yes with out question!!!!!!!!!!! TL2 is a clone of D3 in a lot of ways but on the other hand gives you much more replay value and a different style of game play too. I could see going back to it after not playing for a while just to kill stuff time and time again. With D3 once you have your lvl 60 wiz there is no point in playing another one. In TL2 there is and you can see what you mist the first time around with the skill tree. So both games are worth having if you like arpgs.ShadowWraith3 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Does Torchlight 2 >>> Diablo 3? I got the T2 demo and within 5 minutes I was already having more fun because its already much more similar to D2 than D3 is to D2. I am wondering if this is generally agreed upon by players/critics. Who is playing T2? How's the online experience?CBH121911 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 TL2 Authentication Servers are Down... so I'm playing singleplayer :>Arathanis8 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 3, 2012 Need someone to help me in WoW Hey wanted to get intouch with my old guild mate but don't have his real id anymore + my wow account isn't active. His name is Tisma on Illidan horde side tell em to email Kurkie plz bakedsctty3@yahoo.com thank you!!!Crankzone4 Oct 3, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Mists of Pandaria Metacritic Reviews Saw this review on Metacritic for MoP a couple days ago (ended up getting deleted): ... This got me thinking: how many people who left a user review for that game actually played it?Kaner5 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 I don't care if you think TL2 is better. I may be speaking for a very small minority of Diablo 3 players here, but I personally am really not interested at all whether you think Torchlight 2 or any other similar game is a superior product to Diablo 3. At that, I find it simply mind boggling that somehow or other threads of the nature of "Torchlight 2 so much better learn your stuff Blizzard" or "Why you make so bad game blizzzzz???!?! qq" or anything of the like makes it regularly into the "Most popular forum threads" list on the homepage. To all of those out there who post these threads or reply in their support, I have something I feel is particularly important to say, and I sincerely hope you take it to heart: If you find Torchlight 2 or any other game to be superior or more entertaining than Diablo 3 for any reason, please take your business to the product you prefer rather than wasting peoples' time who actually enjoy Diablo 3 by whining about your perception of it being a flawed product. I for one have been playing Diablo 3 since release, and I have been quite enjoying it. I would agree that it does have a "work in progress" feel to it, and there are many ways that Blizzard has available to work with the slate they have presented in order to bring it closer to a more complete game that I would like to see pursued. However, I would also raise what I feel is a particularly important point in the matter: being a Diablo player right from the release of the original game, I can tell you that Diablo 2 at release was a spectacularly dissapointing product. The class balancing was absolutely terrible (pretty much sorc, amazon, or go home for a very long time...barbs/pallies were ok but meh, and necromancers were almost entirely dumb...and even then each class only had 1 or 2 viable attack skills, 3 at most), the game itself was easy and seemingly pointless by comparison, end game content was almost entirely pointless since loot had better chances of spawning good properties at mid levels, and all around many people just went straight back to the original since it was far more satisfying (yes I know class balancing is a joke in Diablo 1, but it was still far more satisfying at the time). With that being said, I challenge ANYONE who has ever even looked at a Blizzard product to spend a week playing Diablo 1, then spend a week playing Diablo 2, and at the end look anyone in the eye and tell them that after the time and work Blizzard has put into Diablo 2 that it is still an inferior game to the original. Frankly, the final product of Diablo 2 as it currently stands is so far superior to the original release that it would be difficult to believe it is the same product. Now with that, lets take a moment and actually analyze what you are doing when you make threads complaining about your belief that other games are superior and Blizzard is bad. So you come on the Diablo 3 forums after a lively, enjoyable session of Torchlight 2, and post something like "Hey guys, I just played this like Torchlight 2 game, its so fun, I like it a lot and Diablo 3 is bad guys, you should come play TL2 guys Blizzard is bad learn from your competition Blizzard" (think I just nailed almost every thread people have made on the issue flawlessly, call me on it if you'd like). So that's great, you enjoy another game more than this one at the moment. Congratulations, have a cookie! Lets take a moment and reflect on how many people you just helped by posting a rage thread about how much Diablo 3 sucks in your own opinion: -You successfully irritated someone who enjoys relaxing playing Diablo 3 and is willing to be patient while Blizzard continues to develop and improve upon their very open-slate product -You showed Blizzard where to look if they ever want to try to compare with other company's products and see what ideas they can come up with...because companies worth as much as Blizzard that also report steady profit essentially every quarter never think to check their competitions' products... -You may even have brought a "Diablo 3 sucks" thread to the Diablo 3 frontpage depending on if you get enough replies, because people thinking about trying Diablo 3 who may very well enjoy it (especially if they let Blizzard actually work on their product instead of flooding them with "oh my god you suck make games like this other company or you just suck"...but hey that brings me to the next point) -You made your daily contribution to the tremendous storm of useless advice that Blizzard's various product development and customer service teams have to sift through to find viable, meaningful and potentially helpful suggestions other people may have actually put some thought into before they were submitted. Wait a minute, did I really say the word "helped" before this list? Wow, what a typo! I think I meant to say something more like "flung faeces about wildly like a raging monkey"! Seriously, when I get home from a day at work and I'm about to sit down and relax with some gaming time, I simply don't need to see "Why TL2 is so much better" in the news feeds for popular forum threads when I come on to see what announcements Blizzard has made. Quite frankly, I for one, and I believe I speak for many on this, am far more likely to quite Diablo 3 due to obnoxious people constantly complaining about how they want this, that, or the other thing buffed or nerfed, or how they find some other game more enjoyable, et cetera than by any reasoning they try to offer up in their rage posts. Unless the objective is to undermine Blizzard by being tremendously inconsiderate to your fellow gamers, please PLEASE bear in mind that such rage threads serve only to damage; it is exceptionally rare that positive changes that are widely appreciated come of such things. On that note, I would like to raise a little bit of Blizzard's development history. Does anybody here remeber such titles as Warcraft, Warcraft II, Diablo, Starcraft, or Diablo II (and all associated expansions)? I think it is fair to say that these were all monumental for many reasons. It was the Warcraft franchise that pioneered the real time strategy genre; even today, you can still load up a round of the original Warcraft and it still produces a very thorough, competative, and enjoyable experience. Indeed, it is still comparatively rare to see any real time strategy game released that does not follow the basic dynamics introduced in Warcraft (resources harvested from limited supplies on the game map, unites produced at buildings, villager type units to build and gather, population support required for all units and provided by basic supply type buildings). Much in the same way, Diablo was the trend setter for dungeon crawl type games, and although they have diversified more than the real time strategy genre, I think it is fair to say that Diablo II likely still has more regular players than many games that have been released within the last year. There must be some common factor with these products, I think it would be fair to say, and I would like to propose a theory on the matter. I personally believe that all of the above mentioned titles were made by a Blizzard that made games to their own tastes. Back then, Blizzard's products were just that, and they made sure to make reminders of it. Although they were open to constructive feedback, the attitude was quite simple: "We made this game, and it is our game. If you don't like it, you don't have to play it." Now, lets move on to the next most obvious release: World of Warcraft (before you rage, I left Warcraft III out because I did not play it theroughly, so I cannot fairly comment on it). The original implementation of World of Warcraft was at least somewhat in keeping with the rigid "our game" attitude of the Blizzard of old: leveling actually took time and effort, setting your character up took thought and a lot of work, and making any end game kill was always something to be proud of. However, as time went on, the attitude was shifted more towards "we would like everyone to be a part of our game" and Blizzard started taking many, many common suggestions to content development, for better or for worse. They started implementing systems of mindlessly running about to pick up all your basic necesities without having to plan or think about it (daily quests? Yay, lets kill the exact same 3 monsters every day, sounds fun and challenging!). Encounter design started shifting more towards inclusiveness first and difficulty later (until you got deep into the third tier of raiding content, progression kills that were actually satisfying were few and far between, even considering a very casual group of players). I personally decided enough was enough when it was decided that raid content would have easy mode and hard mode on separate instance lockouts; I can deal with having challenge modes for bonus loot or just for fun (like the way they did Ulduar, which was in my opinion the last decent dungeon they released in the time I played, and even then was a bit on the easy side), but clean out the dungeon on easy mode and get your group so geared up on the free loot that hard mode becomes essentially a pushover when it becomes available? Are you kidding? The whole point of the gameplay design for World of Warcraft on the PVE front was to provide a progressive challenge to the players that required that they put in the effort to do their part inside and outside the dungeon, between taking the time to plan out and harvest all the necessary equipent and reagents for the raids and actually coordinating to get the jobs done inside the dungeon. Personally, I found the decision to change it over to a system of just doing dailies for everything and anything related to the basic necesities of progress, and not having to really care about ever preparing gear to start raiding because you can steamroll easymodes in little more than quest blues and pick up free epics was quite insulting to the original concept of World of Warcraft. Moreover, the core of the reasoning for those changes can likely still be found festerring in the World of Warcraft suggestion forums, where Blizzard seems to spend countless hours listening to what they can try to do to make World of Warcraft more inclusive to every single gamer in the market. The very same rotten sprout waiting to blossum, right here on the Diablo 3 forums, right now, every single time a rage thread about how bad Diablo 3 is because someone likes another game gets popular. With all of that said and done, I would ask that you please consider what you are doing when you want to make a forum thread regarding how good you think one game is or how bad you think this one. I do understand that many people are frustrated with the amount of work that is still in the books for Diablo 3, but the fundamental nature of the electronic entertainment market requires products on the shelf, and quite often before they are ready. What really sets Blizzard aside from the overwhelming majority of electronic entertainment companies is that they never abandon a product they have released; I mean, even Diablo II has still been updated within the last year, and even its expansion is 11 years old now. Considering how far Diablo II has come over the decade and a half Blizzard has spent developing it post-release, and how open-slated Diablo III is, I can promise that if we as the gaming community allow Blizzard the space to develop this game the way they have done many times before, without putting a world's worth of pressure on them every time someone else releases a decent title, that positive improvements to the game will come faster and far more frequently. So at the end of it all, for what its worth, please consider what you are doing when you post game comparisons in the forums. It is not going to improve the game for you to the point that you find your opinions reversed; if anything, its just going to kill it for those of us who actually do enjoy Diablo III. From one gamer to a community of others, -Willeh p.s. pardon the epic text wall, but I had to get it off my mind.BigWilleh11 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Wow scroll of resurrection Hi, I am an old wow player wanting to return, anyone mind sending me a scroll of res? Thanks!Phase0 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Miner Wars 2081 BETA Hey! Just found this gem this weekend. Wanted to share it with you guys. Might not be for everyone but I'm sure enjoying it ALOT and it's only in beta. You fly a ship and do mission in space and/or you can go mining on asteroid. Destroyable environement, billions of visitable sectors, in game editor to create your own sector, mothership, multiplayer coop or deathmatch, nice graphics, their own engine and more! It's really not finished so for now you can only do missions but it sure will become a nice game. Sure there is bugs but it's really awesome. http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=xenocidius http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92962680&searchtext= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTed7zy1cbU Hope you like it!Xenocidius1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 Grow up kids This is for freaks who keeps comparing D3 to TL2. For those people who keeps posting on the forums how bad D3 is compare to TL2. For those people who keeps on posting on the forums saying that there are already quitting but after 24hours i can still see them active. For those people who keeps on saying that they won't be playing D3 but still keeps complaining and crying on the forums. Here's what i can say to you y'all. http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/325/428/264.jpg If you don't like the game, then don't play it. Simple as that. You guys QQ so much for a game.Bonchita1 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 2, 2012 D3 vs TL2 failed arguments! Compiled here is a list of arguments from both sides regarding Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 that I never EVER want to see on this forum again. Diablo 3 TL2 is for cheaters! Claiming that the modding engine is anything but great makes you look like a juvenile troll. Firstly, get out from under your rock and visit a site called Twitch TV. Notice the most popular games on the Stream are LOL, Dota 2 and Day Z. Oh wait, but those are all mods of an original game! The fact is mods are the heart and soul of the PC Gaming industry, and it's one of the few advantages that they have over console gaming. To somehow come up with a reasoning inside your pee brain that it is a negative thing just shows that you probably should have been aborted. The graphics in TL2 suck. This is about as intelligent as going to a museum, looking at a water colour painting and a photograph and then saying the painting is inferior because it looks "less real". If you don't like the graphics just say that, but in know way do they objectively suck. It's just your taste. TL2 is imbalanced, and blizzard at least tries to balance the classes. To this I say who the hell cares, it's an ARPG. Do you think your precious D3 will ever qualify as an Esport? Saying you're good at an ARPG is like saying you're good at Lotto scratch tickets, you look stupid. All classes in any ARPG should be balanced around fun, not efficiency. This is the reason why D2 was such a success, even though Hammerdin was arguably way better than every character, you still saw Druid pet builds and Lightning Amazons, all because they balanced the game around fun. TL2 is a kids game. First off, you can't even buy this game without a credit card. Second, just because it looks like a bag of Skittles, doesn't mean it's for kids. Street Fighter 4 has a similar colour pattern and their tournaments are held in a damn casino with an average age of around 30. Also the WoW fanbase is like some sad parody of 40 year old virgin, and they have a similar color palette. "I love D3, I've made X $". I make about 30 dollars and hour doing boring government crap everyday, and my friend makes about 15$ sitting on his !@# playing computer games at reception. By your definition I should be having a lot more fun stamping endless paper work, but I'm not. Stop using this argument, you sound like a down syndrome drug dealer. Torchligh 2 TL2 is the true Diablo 2 heir. It's really not. The game plays closer to a Final Fantasy/ Gauntlet Legends cross than an actual Diablo game. Just because you have some of the original staff, does not make this game in any way like the original franchise. But TL2 only costs 20 dollars! Honestly who the hell cares. So D3 cost me 2 hours of work, and TL 2 cost me just above 1/2 hour. When I'm about to dump hundreds of hours into a game, I, like many other don't give a damn how much the game costs. Stop using the 20$ argument like if TL2 was 1/3 as good as D3 that they would be equal due to the cost difference. Diablo 3 took 10 years to make. No one cares, and this is irrelevant. Whether it takes me 2 hours to force out a dump, or I blast it out in 10 seconds, the result is still the same stinky pile of feces. This argument is just for people with nothing intelligent or worthwhile to say.BridgeS27 Oct 2, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 tl2 is a copyer. took stuff from d3, sugarcoated it with pvp etc, and forgot the graphics. wtf are the vendors suppost to beWitchDoctor7 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Any arpg mmo ? any arpg mmo ? like it's an mmo endless huge world than diablo. like wow. but it's not slow but fast action like diablo ? is it impossible ? because of lag ? but final fantasy online has awesome graphics and works. although it's a turn base slow fight.Jzargo0 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Stuttering on my laptop Hi! Just bought one of these: Acer Aspire 5560G AMD A6-3420 quad-core 1,5 GHz, integrated Radeon HD 6520G 8GB RAM Dedicated AMD Radeon HD7670 1 gb Windows 7 Home Premium When in a dungeon or whatever the game does just fine on high textures and 1366x768 but when at fields of slaughter etc with lots of mobs and damage numbers etc and im spinning like crazy (double tornado-style) the fps drops considerably, from high (50-100) to like 10. Ive tried the latest catalyst drivers (12.8?) and ive tried setting it to 800x600 and low textures but still the same thing, goes a little bit smoother but still no big difference when you compare to 1366x768. Its playable i guess but not exactly entertaining... Ive measured the GPU and CPU load with an amd tool called system monitor while playing, but according to that one, no overload on GPU or CPU...... So what to do ? New drivers? CPU problem, overclock? Kill some background processes? Kill the integrated graphics card ? Very thankful for some input on this. Best regardsAzathoth6 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Verizon Fios from Eastern area. I live in Boston, Massachusetts. I have Verizon Fios. i wondering if anyone know if they reset their server? because for some reason my internet got d/c for few minuters. Around 2:00AM EST 10/1/2012. It really matter to me since i play Hardcore..Flysword0 Oct 1, 2012
Oct 1, 2012 Question for you GW2 dudes.... What are the end-game rewards? I haven't played GW2, but I have researched it. I played DAoC for a very long time. The path in that game was: level a toon, build/decide on a template, acquire that template, realm VS realm (RvR) however you wanted to gain realm rank (RR) - RvR was the end-game. GW2 doesn't have RR, the nasty hard Explorable dungeons give you different LOOKING loot but not better stat.s, and legendary weapons are a long-term goal but again, only affect LOOK. So basically what I'm seeing is once you reach L80, there is no way to improve the innate effectiveness of your character! Any insight?Zapados23 Oct 1, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Cortex Command My brother and I bought this on the weekend. Its a side scrolling game where you can create an army of various types and blow each other up in various ways (think Worms but not multiplayer unless you dont mind split screen). The physics are clever and allow you to hurt your enemy in all kinds of clever ways. Its really up to your imagination. You have like 6 factions to chose from yet you can still purchase anything from any team (it just costs more). There is mining for more resources, building your base in any way you want and various ways to kill the enemy. For example, my brother filled up a space ship with napalm and flew it over the enemy. Suffice to say they got a nasty surprise. However the campaign that comes with the game is full of bugs which is very annoying. The $19 price tag also seems too high at first. However this is very much a game where you find mods to play as this is where the game can shine. The game also comes with alternate mods which are more fun and I'm yet to play them all. The combat is just a blast of a good time and I keep loading the game for more. You will laugh you're a** off as you mow down enemy's. Iv noticed many D3 players are graphics hungry so be warned. This is a game-play > graphics game. If you can't handle that, don't get it. Here is an ok vid I found on youtube. If you do look this up, try to find vids that arnt too old. Many are on mods people have created. This one shows some good combat. Just note many mods have very different game types. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls23Y2tNePcOoieGooie0 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 I want YOUR opinion on Mists of Pandoria Hello, I played WoW for 5 years mainly original and BC expansion. I loved clearing SSC/TK before vashj and kael thas nerfs with a guild I was GM of :). I was also in a high 2v2 team with a 2300+ rating ( boomkin rogue ). I enjoyed this game the most when it was diffult to obtain gear. I want to ask a question that perhaps is too early to ask but in time I should get a good answer i'm looking for. I need your help in deciding whether Mists of Pandoria is worth getting. I stopped playing really in Wrath expansion and only leveled to 85 in cata but did no end game raiding. I did enjoy cata how the world changed but as I remember the game was SSDD and patches kept coming out for amazing badge gear and so forth. So I have the following questions please answer to your best ability and I would really APPRECIATE opinions from those with similar experience. Is good loot still ridiculously easy to obtain? ( last i checked 5 10 man and 25 man raids early on got you gear to clear through the game ) Is PVP ridiculously unbalanced or has time finally allowed most classes to be viable. Is end game raiding difficult? What has impressed you the most about Mists of Pandoria? If you were me would you buy this game?Paydro3055 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 30, 2012 Faster Than Light more Random then D3. No jokes. This game is more random than D3 and has more replayability than D3. For an Indie 2D game and it's complex resource management system in the heat of the battle this game is way more complex than D3. not to mention the endgame boss is f***ing hard as hell to beat but not impossible. I thought I beat it when I destroyed HALF of it.. -_-'... then it became ridiculous at trying to execute it one more time. Playing normal difficulty in this game is the equivalent of Inferno. Playing Easy is like playing Hell. It's a bit of an RPG and has elements of a RTS game as well. The potential this game has on multiplayer would be insane but so far it's only singleplayer and I find myself returning to the game a lot just for a session. One run generally lasts about 1-3 hours.KradisZ2 Sep 30, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Blizzard's explain to the skills changes! Barbarian: Parkour build too coooooooooooooool, we will modify some to make it more balanced about the rage cost, access, and hit back in the coefficient Monk: We believe that you rely too heavily on one of the core skills, we will think of a better alternative, but it is certainly not the current version Witch Doctor: We would greatly buff this career to make players more interested in Wizard: the nerf is not particularly ruthless ah, I feel very balanced (why not to get out and reroll witch doctor? Auction house need to purchase stimulus) Demon Hunter: I swear we did not nerf this career, we just corrected BUG.huahua0 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 Torchlight II: A Breath of Fresh Dungeon Air! Diablo III was getting stale, so I decided to give the vibrant indie game a try. All I can say is WOW. THESE guys know how to do an ARPG. Fast and furious battles, endless showers of phat loot, varied random maps, and a follower who ACTUALLY KILLS THINGS. The message I take away from D3's sputtering start and Torchlight II's easy success is this: It matters whether the people who create a Diablo game have ever made a Diablo game before. Oh and did I mention the score absolutely obliterates Diablo III's? Sorry, Blizzard. Diablo III may have your name, but Torchlight II is the true heir.DatAxe17 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 29, 2012 TL2 - Holy$hiat!!!! So after so many Torchlight 2 threads, I've decided to go try it for myself. Purchased and downloaded at 8pm . . . . *starts playing ...... WTF its 6am God I've gotta skip work today... *called work to report sick (ok, maybe I should go see a doc and get sickness certifide and maybe come back and sleep a few hours and surprised my gf by picking her up after work, get some dinner and perhaps get some sex) I ended up playing till 4pm, I didn't get my sick leave certified. . . . didn't picked up my gf . . . didn't had sex . . . but I ended up feeling really sick becos of the lack of sleep. Plus I pissed my gf off cos I did not respond to her texts for the whole day. Torchlight 2 is dangerous. Rated U for UnemployedSin16 Sep 29, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Titan Quest? Am I the only one who has really started to love Titan Quest? I feel like its one of the best ARPG's and I am no playing it more then D3. That is not to say that I hate D3, I still enjoy D3 a lot. But I really think this game is underrated. Opinions?kilroyskele14 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Guardian Cross Invite code- LL75983 Hello! If you have an iPhone/iPad & are a fan of Final Fantasy- Check out the new free Card game Guardian Cross! If you add my code: LL75983 we will both get a free Rare Card! Also, if you friend me in game (ID- Kuruku) I will also send you another rare card! Check it out!Hinotori1 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Blizzard failed to deliver big time on Cata. I don't have an active WoW account, but with MoP out this week I just wanted to rant about their last expansion. A bit about me. I've been playing Blizzard games since I was a kid playing Warcraft 2 and I've played every blizzard game since. I was however a late starter with WoW. I finally got into WoW when Wrath was out around patch 3.2. I enjoyed that xpac, I enjoyed the lore of Arthas and whatnot considering my years playing Warcraft 3. Enter Cataclysm and their pre-expansion hype. First of all they had promised that Cataclysm was supposed to have the most raiding content of any expansion to date, do any of you remember that? Originally Firelands was supposed to have been launched with the game along with all of the other raids that were a part of T11 so there were going to be 4 raid zones on launch. Of course they backtracked that and didn't release Firelands until 4.2 many many months later. Then we started getting these promises from the WoW devs that the content patches were going to be coming faster than before and that we were going to be getting a lot of smaller content patches like patch 4.1. And what was 4.1? Two old school raids that they retooled as level 85 dungeons. 4.1 was it for me and I quit WoW after that. Cata was the first time I got serious into the whole raiding scene and after months of raiding the same zone over and over again with no real high end content coming out for a while it was getting stale really fast. They also canned and obviously wasted precious development time and resources on several dungeons and raids that they had promised to release but never ended up in the live version of the game. So the entire xpac only saw two major updates 4.2 and 4.3 on an expansion that was supposed to have the most raiding content ever and that was supposed to have content coming out faster than ever. One last thing I want to rant about. The lore. I tried to get into the whole Deathwing thing, I really tried. But after experiencing and having previous interest in the Lich King lore through war3, there was just no comparison. I thought the story sucked and Deathwing was just a one dimensional dragon that was on his period and blew up the world over it. I might join a few of my friends later on with MoP, but for now I'll wait things out and see. I just really find it hard to justify giving Blizzard another 40 bucks for an x-pack plus 15 bucks a month right now. Especially considering the last 8 months of Cataclysm went without a single major or even minor content update.Nuttymike3 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Diablo 3,TL2 metacritic score Diablo 3 has a user score of 3.8 Torchlight 2 has a user score of 9.2 Just interested to hear what some of the stanch Diablo 3 defenders have to say about this?It looks pretty conclusive which is the better game.Bluddflagg433 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Ability to mod in TL2 makes it better than D3 Simply put, the ability to be able to mod Torchlight 2 is one of the biggest reasons why it is simply better than Diablo 3. Player-made content will have the ability to create an insane amount of replayability for Torchlight 2 as well as make things that the community wants... ... unlike Blizzard not listening to any of the die-hard Diablo fans.Kasmos9 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Sick of phishing, blocking all blizzard email Is this what i paid $60 for? Spam?TheCursed4 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 Diablo 3 vs TL2 - part 12,854 Who cares. Diablo 3 has been out for over a quarter of a year now. Iif you don't like it, please go away. If you are one of those people trolling the forums talking about TL2, GW2, BL2...then go play those games that are obviously not as good as you say they are otherwise you would be playing them and not trolling another company's website about them. You may think the trolling is funny, you may think "The reason I do it is because I am a hardcore D2 fan and Blizzard has..." blah blah blah. First off attempting to hijack the hard work of hundreds of people is not funny. Secondly, if you really were a Diablo fan, you would be providing respectful and constructive criticism of Diablo 3 taking into account where the product currently is and providing reasonable waypoints to the future. For example: saying the itemization sucks because wah wah wah and unless a total overhaul of the system is done the game is dead...that's not constructive or reasonable. It's just spam detracting from the real Diablo fans who are here to stay and dedicated to providing insight to the developers to help foster an improved gaming experience with Diablo 3. Every minute a CM wastes wading through all the teenage angst is another minute not spent reading constructive dialogue about the game. You are making their jobs harder and only hindering the evolution of Diablo 3. An evolution that will happen regardless. Why the Diablo 3 team deserves some respect: because they are people. Now please go away and find a family that can love you for who you are. They're out there somewhere (spoiler: just kidding, they aren't. It's you who has to change, but it will be a few years before you mature enough to be able to swallow that pill. Enjoy your unreasonable superiority in the face of having no achievements to back it up in the meantime). 'Meh' is not the word of my generation but it speaks volumes about the younger one.Nivik37 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 *insert topic praising/bashing Torchlight II* *waits for topic to reach 500 posts with enough diapers for everyone*Vanish1 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 28, 2012 People are missing the point I just wanted to point out something that seems to escape most people arguing about TL2 and D3. D3 is a monster in terms of size , budget , team etc. It's kind of sad that we can even discuss the whole which is better TL2 vs D3. Whether you think D3 is better or not , the FACT that we can even discuss which is better, a game with a massive following and lineage , with about 20 times the budget and A MASSIVE team OR a game with a small team that could be argued to be borderline Indie game is pathetic. Now think about it..speaks volumes on how disappointing and mediocre D3 really is .rupturez29 Sep 28, 2012
Sep 27, 2012 TL2 - Luminous arena secret room Good place for those who want to update their gears by grinding for some gold and uniques. Secret room: At the part where the light stops on the portal and chest, please DO NOT go into the portal after looting the chest. Wait for awhile and a lever will spawn, it brings you to a secret room with more loots.Sin1 Sep 27, 2012