Is stormcrow better than andariels? gear?

Wizard
Was just curious about this and was also wondering does stormcrow have attack speed or what? Looking to try out a new build of my own and was using archon and hence I am wondering if theres things I need to upgrade or not? Right now I am mp5 capable with archon.

But hope to switch to this build of my own creation

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bekOPY!Xgb!ZccZZY am still not sure between astral presence and glass cannon. Any opinions will be appreciated.

But am also wondering if I can do this with the gear I have or if I need to upgrade anything or not in the future? I do plan on hopefully being able to play higher mp levels in the future and hence am still trying to upgrade but am at the stage where gear is expensive to upgrade. But am just not sure if I can stick with the gear I have for now and upgrade as I go or what? Don't have much gold right now but would love to get any suggestions please.

Hope to test out the build later this afternoon in multiplayer and later in single player.

Thanks very much
Yes, Storm Crow would be much better for your proposed build. And I'd suggest actually replacing your source too for one with APoC. You generally need 2-3 sources of Arcane Power on Crit (APoC) to fuel fairly AP intensive spells, especially if you plan on using Meteor. To be honest though, I think your build lacks a bit of focus, and I'd focus only on one big AP spender and not two (ie either Meteor or Arcane Torrent).
09/22/2013 06:33 PMPosted by TekkZero
Yes, Storm Crow would be much better for your proposed build. And I'd suggest actually replacing your source too for one with APoC. You generally need 2-3 sources of Arcane Power on Crit (APoC) to fuel fairly AP intensive spells, especially if you plan on using Meteor. To be honest though, I think your build lacks a bit of focus, and I'd focus only on one big AP spender and not two (ie either Meteor or Arcane Torrent).

okay so arcane torrent is my preference any other suggestions for a replacement for meteor? WIll highly consider this and think about the build more will also consider the source though like my source with the extra damage. Any chance you can get triumvirate with apoc? maybe slow time or diamond skin or maybe even teleport will think about it.

Thanks though
So arcane torrent is not too bad, but I'd probaby consider a different rune. My experience is that the first three tend to be a lot better than the last two. For example, it's not noted, but the proc coefficient is lower for Cascade, which means you'd gett less APoC and CM proc returns.

And as for a replacement for Meteor, it would depend on your style, but my first choice would be Explosive Blast (Chain Reaction) or Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards). That'll improve your damage immensely to add one or both of them. Though some wizards prefer running Teleport, but I might suggest that in place of Mirror Image. It's worth keeping in mind that all armor spells, Explosive Blast, and Diamond Skin are "free" in terms of casting actions, so you can use them in conjuction as you alternate between your signature spell and AP spender.

P.S. And yes you can buy a triumvirate with APoC. :)
So arcane torrent is not too bad, but I'd probaby consider a different rune. My experience is that the first three tend to be a lot better than the last two. For example, it's not noted, but the proc coefficient is lower for Cascade, which means you'd gett less APoC and CM proc returns.

And as for a replacement for Meteor, it would depend on your style, but my first choice would be Explosive Blast (Chain Reaction) or Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards). That'll improve your damage immensely to add one or both of them. Though some wizards prefer running Teleport, but I might suggest that in place of Mirror Image. It's worth keeping in mind that all armor spells, Explosive Blast, and Diamond Skin are "free" in terms of casting actions, so you can use them in conjuction as you alternate between your signature spell and AP spender.

P.S. And yes you can buy a triumvirate with APoC. :)

Thanks explosive blast was on my first build choices but then changed my mind thanks :) And I bet it costs a fortune for triumvirate with APoC? dont have a fortune in gold unfortunately but thanks for your help with this good to refine it down for testing later :) and will check out the triumvirates too :) As well as storm crows but dont know if there's things available in the price range of 13 million gold? as was hoping to use that for some other upgrades too :) but hopefully can find something.

this is the build idea now :)

Feel free to critique it all helps me out with getting my build ready for trial :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bekOYh!Xgb!ZbcZYc

p.s. will I still also be able to farm mp5 with this build and upgrading the helm and source? Thanks as I dont want to drop back below mp5 I would rather increase above mp5 which is my sweet spot with my archon build right now.

Thanks
So if you can, I'd swap out Astral Presence for Cold-Blooded. And if you're finding you're having trouble with survability, I'd swap out Mirror Image (Mirror Mimics) for either Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards) or Teleport (Safe Passage). And yes a build like this can technically even farm high MP, but it's heavily gear dependent. Fire Bolts is not a bad choice, though Living Lightning and Wicked Wind are much more popular. Arcane Torrent is not very popular as a skill (~1% of wizards use it), but it can be pretty effective if done right.

And an APoC source is not that expensive. If you're finding a Triumvirate with APoC is too expensive, you can also consider a decent Oculus or Tal Rasha's for pretty cheap. And those sources, along with Chantodo's Force, can roll a %damage bonus to Shock Pulse, which would improve the damage of your signature spell.
So if you can, I'd swap out Astral Presence for Cold-Blooded. And if you're finding you're having trouble with survability, I'd swap out Mirror Image (Mirror Mimics) for either Diamond Skin (Diamond Shards) or Teleport (Safe Passage). And yes a build like this can technically even farm high MP, but it's heavily gear dependent. Fire Bolts is not a bad choice, though Living Lightning and Wicked Wind are much more popular. Arcane Torrent is not very popular as a skill (~1% of wizards use it), but it can be pretty effective if done right.

And an APoC source is not that expensive. If you're finding a Triumvirate with APoC is too expensive, you can also consider a decent Oculus or Tal Rasha's for pretty cheap. And those sources, along with Chantodo's Force, can roll a %damage bonus to Shock Pulse, which would improve the damage of your signature spell.

Okay will do with cold blooded :) and think I would like to use diamond skin as that sounds fun to use and very useful :) I am building this build for both survivability plus high mp farming :) and havnt had the chance to check out triumvirates yet but hopefully can find something suitable :) As I like my triumvirate as am kinda focusing extra damage around a black weapon :) but good suggestions thanks :) and interesting didn't know that with shock pulse but thanks :) I guess I just wanted a viable build of my own that's not the norm to play :)

Thanks a lot for this its really helping me to nut things out before I get in game to try it out and to also know what gear I needed to change for viability sakes.

much appreciated

New Build :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#beXOYh!Wgb!ZbcZYc