Can I get a Blue to answer this please?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Excellent! Good to hear that things seem to be working again. I let our Hacks and development teams know.

If you encounter any errors again, please feel free to ping this thread, create a new topic, or just bump me at lylirra@blizzard.com.
Can I add you to my friend list, so we can play together ?
I made a few posts today in the bugs forum. I would also like to add that spam in the chat channels is still sending out error messages. I would like to have friend requests and chat spam dealt with, but it I could choose one it would be chat spam because you can just decline friend requests.
Why not add a max friend request per day system Blizzard? Lets say a max of 5 a day, i think thats plenty for the average person if you ask me, this could help decrease the spam by alot.
View profile
Why not add a max friend request per day system Blizzard? Lets say a max of 5 a day, i think thats plenty for the average person if you ask me, this could help decrease the spam by alot.

Another simple fix that a Blizz team with resources out the @$$ couldn't think to implement? And keep up the fluff response PR work you are doing in this thread, Blues. Does a lot to actually curb the problem.

I love how the Blues responding to this thread acted like they had no idea the report spam function wasn't working and has not been for two months. You guys are a laugh.
09/25/2013 11:30 AMPosted by HainKurt
really, why? tell me a good reason this time instead of deleting my post...

They delete any post that they have no answer for and that shows how bad the handling of D3 has been since launch. Standard procedure from blues. Doesn't matter if you didn't do anything against ToS, they censor critical comments of Blizz on forums.
09/25/2013 11:15 AMPosted by RocketQueen
I love how the Blues responding to this thread acted like they had no idea the report spam function wasn't working and has not been for two months. You guys are a laugh.

It's been an ongoing, though intermittent issue for a while. While we've been good with implementing fixes for these hiccups as they happen, we've unfortunately been unable to pin down the core problem (the thing that's causing the system to act up in the first place). It's something we're working to address, and reports such as the ones in this thread are thoroughly appreciated.

So, no. I wasn't acting like this was a new issue. Instead, I was acting like it was a new occurrence of an ongoing issue.

In the meantime, although I appreciate a good sassing every now and again, it really isn't necessary here. I'd also really appreciate it if you could curb your profanity a bit. Thanks! :)
you think blizzard cares you're getting spammed?? baaahahahahaha
09/26/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Lylirra
It's been an ongoing, though intermittent issue for a while. While we've been good with implementing fixes for these hiccups as they happen, we've unfortunately been unable to pin down the core problem (the thing that's causing the system to act up in the first place).

Instead of trying to figure out why the REPORT spam function isn't working why doesn't Blizz implement something to actually STOP the spam from happening. I have seen many good suggestions on the forums.

Or why doesn't Blizz work to find out why the block friend request option does absolutely nothing to block gold spam fake friend requests? If you just fixed that it would solve your problem. But NOOO you want to spend time fixing the REPORT spam function that isn't going to solve the problem! Do you see the flaw in this logic?

Also, if you are referring to when I said, "Blizz is too busy not giving a F about us." I spelled it with a Q. So, technically not profanity. And be honest the reason you deleted that post wasn't because I spelled the F word with a Q. It was you didn't like that my post was so honest and true about the poor handling of D3 since launch. GG.
09/24/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Lylirra
For clarity (and this applies to everyone in the thread), when was the last time you received an error message while trying to submit a Report Spam report?

Two days ago.
Instead of trying to figure out why the REPORT spam function isn't working why doesn't Blizz implement something to actually STOP the spam from happening. I have seen many good suggestions on the forums.

Or why doesn't Blizz work to find out why the block friend request option does absolutely nothing to block gold spam fake friend requests? If you just fixed that it would solve your problem. But NOOO you want to spend time fixing the REPORT spam function that isn't going to solve the problem! Do you see the flaw in this logic?

We are, but there isn't a catch-all fix. The changes we implemented to the Report Spam feature are only part of our endeavor, as our efforts to find out why it's not always running smoothly. Just because we've invested time into this particular system, though, doesn't mean we aren't also working on other ways to reduce the impact spam has on your gameplay experience. The Report Spam feature is just what this specific thread is about. :)

Thanks for the feedback, though!

09/26/2013 12:41 PMPosted by RocketQueen
Also, if you are referring to when I said, "Blizz is too busy not giving a F about us." I spelled it with a Q. So, technically not profanity. And be honest the reason you deleted that post wasn't because I spelled the F word with a Q. It was you didn't like that my post was so honest and true about the poor handling of D3 since launch. GG.

Masked profanity is still profanity, especially when it's used offensively (i.e. in a derogatory way). If you're not cool with that, that's fine. You don't have to agree, but just don't be surprised when your posts are moderated.

That said, while I have no qualms removing posts if they don't contribute to a thread in a constructive way, I didn't have anything to do with your post being deleted. However, I probably would have done the same -- not because you expressed a dissenting opinion (I'm totally fine with that), but because you chose to do so in a less-than-civil manner.
Hey miss blue while you're at it :)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10100639988
09/26/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Lylirra
That said, while I have no qualms removing posts if they don't contribute to a thread in a constructive way, I didn't have anything to do with your post being deleted. However, I probably would have done the same -- not because you expressed a dissenting opinion (I'm totally fine with that), but because you chose to do so in a less-than-civil manner.

touche' -tip of the hat- walks away....