What's your favorite zone, and why?

General Discussion
For me, I love the Cursed Hold.

I love the layout, running around the dungeon looking for the prisoners, fighting all the elite packs, and of course how the headless spirit of Queen Asylla greets you at the entrance!

But what really makes this zone stand out is the music! I love the music in the Cursed Hold. It is so sad and beautiful! The music really stands out from any other zone.

How about you?
Act III, all of Bastion Keep. Trudging through the narrow doorways and large rooms packed with mobs was really great. Flame pits and suicidal imp things excluded.
My favorite is the beginning of act III. I usually do the first 2 quests (the beacons and the catapults). Because this is pretty intense there!
I love the Oasis, Fields of Misery, Vault of the Assassin and the Heavens.

Oasis, FOM, and VA for mostly the events and stuff that are available.

I love the Heavens in terms of design and graphics. I love the amount of chaos that it shows and how you can see the heavens slowly falling apart as you climb.
Any of the vast detailed dungeons, can't wait for loot runs.
Any interior areas, really.

My favourite from those is the Spider Cavern in Act 1. Why? Because it's got that "Maggot Lair" thing going on without the annoying "one-guy-wide" part. It's got good colours, interesting lighting and it's really cool to see the spiders running at you from places you can't reach.
I also love Act 4, there is a lot of good detail built in, the angels fighting the demons in the background, pillars crashing down, and the music there is good too, it's just too short!
It's a bit of a tie for me. I love the visuals in Act IV. As Fizzmopper relates, the tiny details of battles going on in the background, and seeing a glimpse of the size and grandeur of the High Heavens... Even while under siege, it's still a beautiful and awesome place.

A close second is the Dahlgur Oasis. Despite the dangers, I find it a relaxing and refreshing place (in between the waves of demon hordes, anyway).
disregarding xp/density/ all that stuff

i like dahlgurs oasis
Definitely Vault of the Assassin. I love the interior feel of the desert dungeons, but the huge density of elites makes it so satisfying and fun to do. You always feel like anywhere you go, there's gonna be fun.
I think it's interesting seeing that other people like the Oasis, Fields of Misery, and the beginning of Act 3 - those for me are my least favorite places haha!
I've always loved Act 3 when you're running from tower to tower in Bastions Keep. With all those flying demons swooping down and plucking up the hapless defenders and the Siegebreaker demons in the background as well! I love how chaotic it all is. It kind of reminds of LOTR defending Osgilliath or Helms Deep.
A part of me loves the density of Act I. Another part of me loves the anticipation and build to climax of Act 4.

I think The Fields of Misery is my favorite zone of all, if I am playing a character with enough health to not get one-shot by savage beast charges. :)
Act 1, Weeping Hollow.

Though Desolate Sands is fast becoming a favorite. I love the Middle Eastern jazz fusion music happening there.
Any interior areas, really.

My favourite from those is the Spider Cavern in Act 1. Why? Because it's got that "Maggot Lair" thing going on without the annoying "one-guy-wide" part. It's got good colours, interesting lighting and it's really cool to see the spiders running at you from places you can't reach.

I hate that lighting glow that comes of the eggs, its the only part where my PC is stuttering because of that gloom effect. Other than that its a nice creepy layout yes.

But the best atmosphere is in the Festering woods.
I would love to fight through a large extended version of New Tristram entering houses (without having to go through a portal as a separate area), ferreting out any hidden mobs, taking back the town inch by inch ... that would be awesome! With random quests that come up as you struggle to clear the town of the demons that could over take it.
^^ that sounds AWESOME.
09/26/2013 05:00 PMPosted by HuaynaCapac
I would love to fight through a large extended version of New Tristram entering houses (without having to go through a portal as a separate area), ferreting out any hidden mobs, taking back the town inch by inch ... that would be awesome! With random quests that come up as you struggle to clear the town of the demons that could over take it.

And all 3 ubers from diablo 2, and infinite amount of monster immune to all that jump inside while you are trying to clear it... and obviously, you can't clear it unless you have some gear to lower resist, so you will have to wait for a mixed of new legendary/skills to help you clear that area.
A1: Leoric's Manor
A2: Dahlgur Oasis
A3: Tie between Keep Depths and Rakki Bridge
A4: Lol.. seriously? Worst act BY FAR. Blizz really phoned it in on this one.
09/26/2013 05:00 PMPosted by HuaynaCapac

i thought the same thing about Leoric's Manor

i would LOVE to explore the different chambers of the palace. they really need to do more house combat in general, though i very much enjoy the wide open environments too