need help on noobie DH (50m budget)

Demon Hunter
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SubmarineGun-6489/hero/13694920

What's the best way to improve my Demon hunter? I only have a 50m budget, so I'm not expecting any drastic improvements.

Also, Comparing my demon hunter to other players, it seems that I need more vitality, so I'm considering switching some green gems for some violet ones.

Also I have some questions.
What's the best option for buying manticores on a budget?
should I proiritize 1 socket/high dps over 2 socket/lower dps?
should I get one with dex even if it has lower dps due to my budget?
Only thing I can suggest is getting Ice Climbers instead of Nat's boots.

50 million for upgrades is not a lot, and you won't really get much out of it, unfortunately.

You are right, you need more health. You want at least 45k to stay alive on higher MP levels.

You can get a Calamity for pretty cheap now, I would suggest doing that and seeing if your DPS improves. Get one with a socket and use a red gem. You'll shoot faster, get hatred back faster, and be able to stay alive. Try out Bola Shot as well with the rune Shock Collar, it'll stun elites and mobs so you can maneuver around and avoid damage.

Also suggesting getting Natayla's Embrace for your chest armor. It has DH stats on it and combined with your ring will give you crit chance.
^ice climbers instead of nats? wut....
09/30/2013 11:43 AMPosted by FitnessBlue
What's wrong with ice climbers? I had those for awhile before I got my Nats boots...
09/30/2013 11:43 AMPosted by FitnessBlue

They have more dex on them, more AR, and % life. Plus the socket is easily worth the trade-off for having the set bonus.

Look at my DPS compared to yours and tell me it's not a smart idea.
They have more dex on them, more AR, and % life. Plus the socket is easily worth the trade-off for having the set bonus.

Hmm. The set bonus is either 7%CC, +130dex, or +20 Max disc, all of which outweigh even a Marquis Emerald socketed into them. The main stat for Dex on Ice Climbers is greater, but swapping Bloodies will make him lose 7% CC >> dex difference between boots even with a good emerald.

Your DPS is mostly a function of your 74% AS and 369% CD. Your dex, at 2278, isn't the big multiplier.

Of course, Climbers are "tankier," so maybe the extra life would help him more.

Unless you have a great budget, it seems as though armor for DHs is either:

-Inna's Chest/pants, witching hour belt, nat ring, nat boots, nat helm/mempo; or
-Nat chest, nat boots, inna's belt/pants, nat helm/mempo
1 inna's chest/pants

2 witching hour. belt

3 craft bracers

4 craft gloves

5 shoulders. You can craft good shoulders but vile ward's you can get really cheap if u wanna save ur essences for bracers/gloves.

6 helm you can find a good mempo dont really try to find crit to much it gets expensive, way outta ur league any way.

7 boots. Now you gotta start thinking about nats's 2 set, boots are a given idk where people are getting ice climbers from...i almost never see them on dhs if anything i see zuni's more than ice climbers. u can get nice dex/allres with ms pretty cheap and if u have some xtra maybe some vit.

8 OH. Deadmans Legacy is what you are looking for. super high dex/ias/cc/vit+skillbonus and hate regen. nuffsaid

9 Rings, this is a tough one for me, nat's ring i use to finish my 2pc(+7%cc). Unity's are nice overall, you can get a rare trifecta but id only suggest searching ias if you use a manti. rule of thumb is you want good numbers in ias, cc, chd atleast 2 of 3. good tri's can cost more than your budget. spend some time here considering what your build is looking like so far.

10 Weapon. This is the most important category. It realy depend's on what you like to do and how you play best. Manti is great for huge numbers but lacks in speed which will cut your survivability down. on a budget look for 1 socket with high dex not much to argue there.

Windforce(my personal fav) is a nice balance between speed and damage. They come with lifesteal which is !@#$ing clutch for survival. Hate regen for RF spam and knockback can really save you in tight spots. Also have sockets ontop of all that and i like an emerald in there.

Calamity seems to be the mainstream now. They are fast and hit surprisingly hard for a 1h when you have a 30mil ruby in there. I would suggest a calamity as they are solid however are alittle more expensive to shine.

I would set aside 10 mil for your weapon and 10 mil for your gem, the only reason im not saying radstar is because of the 50 mil budget. At the end of the day the most important thing to do is find a balance of survivability and dps. 300-400allres is good dont go lower than 30k hp and gems should never cost more than gear. dont rush into a buy always look carefully. you can almost always find what you are looking for for less.
i looked at ur pofile after i posted and your setup is exactly as i typed it lol. your doing it right...just gotta upgrade what you have currently. im not a fan of manti's tho.

Most halarious thing I saw today
Ice climbers instead of Nat's boots doesn't seem like the best trade-off IMO. Why? Because of the following:

- Good Nat's boots ( if third piece) gives over 350 dex
- Nat's boots offers more defense from armor roll and melee reduction.
- Nat's always has MS, which allows for the use of crafted bracers over Lacuni's (Crafted bracers give more dex and EHP than Lacuni's)

In summary, Nat's boots/Crafted bracer combo offers more Dex and EHP.

P.S. I don't mean to discourage the use of Ice Climbers, as they're certainly a viable option, but to say they're better than Nat's boots is a step too far.
I see you are in the tank / channelling faze ... Let me know when you hit a wall and can't climb to higher mp or just plain bored out of your mind..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FelAw7CmKM&feature=youtu.be

Ranged without shadow power.. it is possible. 400 all resist / 4k armor / 40k hp. 155k dps or so.. left over gear..
I hit that wall your talkin about.
09/30/2013 12:57 PMPosted by MissyChrissy

I replaced your Climbers with ones you can get for 25m (180dex/80vit), and got -3.5k DPS, +12k ehp. I replaced them with mine and got +5k dps, +3k ehp.

Climbers should only be used by truly GG DHs/monks that run 70K HP+, because they can put that life% to use. For someone with low HP like you, it's a big waste.
To OP:

Putting amethysts in non-helm slots is not something I recommend. It is good as a quick-fix but is actually really inefficient.

Currently your pants give 167 dex (and 100 vit from gems). Servers are down now but I'm pretty sure you can easily find an Inna's with 90-100 dex and ~100 vit for a price comparable or less than your current one. Now put emeralds in them. Free +30-ish dex right there.
But since you have a budget for upgrades, go for something a little better. 90-100 dex and ~130 vit should be a nice level.

Same thing for your chest. Even if you're looking to get more HP, don't put amethysts in them. Look for a lower dex high vit version instead. You will have gained about 30 dex if you followed my suggestion for your pants, which means you can look for a chest with 160 dex (and as high vit as necessary) and suffer no loss in DPS.

But don't overspend on those vit upgrades. What you really should be doing now is lots of crafting, which can eat significantly into that 50M. Ammy and bracers should be your main focus.
10/01/2013 09:58 AMPosted by DoZombiesPoo
I hit that wall your talkin about.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792720247

try these out or Nyan's gear swappin / snap shotting... something different.

Playing ranged keeps D3 a game. The loot 1.0 drops and rolls is sooo bad anyways. Playing for fast kills to loot faster is just not worth it. Playing with friends or playing just to overcome person challenges is the only thing left in this game..

Good luck !