Need help with items/build for DH

Demon Hunter
I'm looking at reworking my DH towards an endgame build right now. Lately I've been struggling with playing at higher mp levels. I think that one of my problems may be that don't have nearly enough health and dps. Would anyone be able to recommend some items/builds that might work?

Here is the link to my profile:

I'm completely open to whatever changes anyone thinks I should make. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, please let me know. Thanks!
@StoneOld - Plus +1 ...

In general there are two ways to play the DH. I say this only to generalize. I am very well aware there are a lot of exceptions to this rule. But basically Tank DH or Ranged DH..

Tank RF . Depending on what you like Spike trap bola is still popular

Variations can by snapshotting / gear swapping etc.. 10 mil buiilds to 10 bil builds to do MP10 or whatever you like. Generally use hard hitting slower type weapons like Crossbow and optimize channelling to deal damage.. Tanky because you will be trading hits. Hopefully you hit harder and get life back more than mobs hit you etc..

Ranged DH bulds:

This is shoot and move type build. Stutter steppin gameplay ususally with a fast weapon like calamity and rare Bows. Harder to play and you can't avoid 100% of the damage you take until you get better. DiEoxide has played and developed this style for a long time. There is a learning curve. But it is very fun and challenging if you can pull it off.

Beginners build to ranged play.

Allows you to play ranged but low dps and low gear cost. 1 mil to 10 mil to 100 mil to 100 bil gold .. you can progress properly with this build. By that I mean you can slowly exchange eHP for more DPS as you get better at stutter steppin. No fun if you die alot.

Along with these builds there are tons of other ones. Sentry builds / Sharpshooter caltrops builds / bola strafe builds / hardcore proven builds... etc...

@mentirosa and @DropDead - Welcome to the DH. There really is not wrong builds for the DH. My suggestion is find out what skills ( hatred spender and primary attack combo) you like. Use it and optimize with gear and supporting skills.

I truly advocate builds and gameplay you find yourself and like playing. Enjoy the game.

Add Nyan if you like rapid fire channelling or hybrid or snapshotting. A great player who is really knowledgeable and helpful.

If you just want to play and see how I handle MP5 or MP7 or MP10 with 100k dps with 400 all resist. and 40 armor, add me in game. I can help you on your way to finding your own build you like to play..

Here is a new build I am working on. I like bola / entangling shot / cluster arrow.. so those are what i am going to use. Then the gear bonus and other skills goes to support the skills i have selected. I also don't want to use shadow power as a choice.. so I will need LoH / LS and other things to make it work.

Entangling shot to proc LoH and Nightstalker for smoke screen. I used vault in the video but I am finding smoke screen to work better.

Bola for AoE and some crowd control versus elites
Cluster arrow Malstrom for Life Steal and because I just like it .

Boar / Perfectionist cause I like the combo.

Here's the gameplay. I switched to smoke screen and I find that it synergizes with the build alot better than vault but you can use either.. Smoke screen keeps me from dipping below 1/2 health or large damage spikes.. If you like find a way to use both ..

It's ranged play. Although I stand still a few times just to see if I can take damage and come back from it.. Let me know what you guys think.. I play tank a long time ago and can't go back.. boring to me. #9 14 hours ago
Login to rate