Capped Stats experiments

Demon Hunter
Yeah, I just wanted to start a thread regarding this.

Critical Hit Chance - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Critical Hit Chance from items.
Block Chance - *You may have a maximum of 75.00% Block Chance.
Critical Hit Damage - *You may have a maximum of +250.00% Critical Hit Damage from items.
Movement Speed - *You may have a maximum of +25.00% movement speed from items
Gold Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Gold Find.
Magic Find - *This increase is diminished for rare and legendary and set items.
Magic Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Magic Find.
Attack Speed - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Attack Speed from items.

But mainly on the CHC, AIS and CHD.

Before I say anything else a few points:
1. We don't know how items will roll in 2.0. A picture of a Lvl 70 DML shows it rolled 20% AIS and 7.5% Crit Chance only(from the usual 9-10% that we have now)

2. This is just for fun actually
3. Gonna try if what we currently have, when ported to the level 70 itemization, what will happen.
4. Since it's quite easy to reach cap as of now, new combination of rolls will be used

So far, that's it. LOL

Anyone else is welcome to try this foolish experiment :3 Oh and.. skillbuilds too. Gonna go back to my old TankDH build :)
My female DH has been playing well under those caps for awhile.
I can do team MP5 pretty well (with a good team).

welcome to my world.

prediction:
The loot 2.0 properties that are non-existent on currently available gear is going to be the secret ingredient to the builds... (along with some serious skill synergies...)
Not to mention the 3k DPS weapons that still has SOCKETS in them.. so.. yeah.
10/01/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Not to mention the 3k DPS weapons that still has SOCKETS in them.. so.. yeah.

Is there a cap on life on hit? 'cause with those caps on crit damage I'll be using a LoH gem in my weapon sockets (at least, I will with my extremely limited knowledge on loot 2.0)
So far, there aren't any cap on LoH. none that I've seen.
Happy to see those CC and CD caps, been at them the whole game . LOL.
So far been able to delete Shadow Power : Gloom with life regeneration and full out tank stats. Once Paragon 2.0 gets here I can start going more balanced and improve my offensive stats. Should be plenty of room for some other interesting stats. Perhaps a bit of LOH or thorns.
Playing around with LoH and so far, yeah, you just need about 50k HP, some high Armor and AR to actually play with it.

With stat caps, sure you hit lower, but you'll most probably last longer.
I was thinking the other day what if they bring back champion monsters like in Diablo 2 where they can hit for double their normal damage and there could be up to 3 of them at a time. There were some heavy hitting normal monsters in D2, champions were even worse.

Stock on LOH and anything defensive could be going way up.

I am actually kinda hoping for this.
10/01/2013 08:01 PMPosted by Chrizzle
Playing around with LoH and so far, yeah,

what numbers on the LoH were you using?
@ dogbone

I am using 1500 LOH and no LS.

Have LOH on pants, weapon (not in socket), and ammy. For rings have trifecta HF and cold SOJ so no LOH there. Looking to get over 2000 once xpac comes along...

~45K hp (again ruby in helm for exp) and 3500 Armor with 480 AR.

No gloom
Playing around with LoH and so far, yeah,

what numbers on the LoH were you using?

It ranges from 2k to 4k LoH :)

It's in my profile except the Weapon which would be a Danetta with a Ruby and 800ish LoH.

I'm at 100k DPS with little CHD and CC.

6.5% Freeze Chance though.

EDIT:
I'm trying to get my hands on a 1HXBow with Freeze Chance..

Also, my Enchantress has Fear Amulet and 14%(?) Freeze Azure. With 9% AIS rings.
I'm curious about what the ranges for CC on items will be. If, for example, amulets and Gloves can only roll up 7.5% CC, wouldn't that make some of our current, soon to be legacy, items somewhat desirable? Case in point, I bought a Mara's with high Avg Dmg, 10% CC, poison resist, and an HA skill bonus; thus when the mystic becomes available, I'll reroll the poison res abd have a pretty epic amulet, even more so if amulets will no longer drop with 10 CC.

I know it's all speculation, but what do you guys ( and gals) think?
I'm curious about what the ranges for CC on items will be. If, for example, amulets and Gloves can only roll up 7.5% CC, wouldn't that make some of our current, soon to be legacy, items somewhat desirable? Case in point, I bought a Mara's with high Avg Dmg, 10% CC, poison resist, and an HA skill bonus; thus when the mystic becomes available, I'll reroll the poison res abd have a pretty epic amulet, even more so if amulets will no longer drop with 10 CC.

Yeah, that's one way to look at it. However, you could be sacrificing many other useful stats for those few CC stats. Plus, we don't know which legendary 2.0 affixes will be on which item slots. We might replace all of our current gear with legendary 2.0 items for their insane buffs. It's a guessing game until Blizzcon probably.
maybe it caped on gear, it will be easy to have 60cc and more on paragon point at-least for me 500+ point by now :)
lol so don't be afraid it gonna better then now for sure more power,more diversity is coming
cooldown reduction just wow i cant wait for it :P
http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Hp04p6d.jpg

Yeah, that's one way to look at it. However, you could be sacrificing many other useful stats for those few CC stats. Plus, we don't know which legendary 2.0 affixes will be on which item slots. We might replace all of our current gear with legendary 2.0 items for their insane buffs. It's a guessing game until Blizzcon probably.

I'm thinking about it this way, having 10% CC on an amulet means the CC cap can be reached with fewer gear slots, thus I can have more flexibility in other slots.
i don't get your point to keep that amulet 40cc from gear even if it nerf it will be easy to get it, level 70 amulet gonna surpass yours for sure , you can easily get the other cc from paragon point!
Let's say that that 10% CC Amulet will retain it's 10% CC. While the upcoming stuff will like max on even 5%.

The stat affix roll on a 63 item and a 70 or 73ilevel Item would pretty much surpass that.

Looking at the DML they've shown.. I'd gladly trade my 10% CC, 20% AIS, 280/280 Dex/Vit for the 400/400 DML, 7.5% CC, 20% IAS.

That's an example of how BIG the difference between items would be. Though there comes the Mystic.. What if the re-roll is tied to the ilevel of an item? Meaning i63 items will roll/re-roll only up to i63 affixes.. you'd still miss out.

IMO, we'll be force to actually go for Loot 2.0 items >_<

i don't get your point to keep that amulet 40cc from gear even if it nerf it will be easy to get it, level 70 amulet gonna surpass yours for sure , you can easily get the other cc from paragon point!

EDIT: Look at that.. Those stats.. The 10% CD reduction, if you max it, will be outright epic for DHs. even more with other classes. Serenity of Monks. LOL

Well.. with those PLevel Bonuses.. max would be just 10% on all, and 50% on CHD.
Well, one thing's for sure; It will be quite fun retooling my gear. I can't wait to see a lvl 70 legendary hand crossbow.
i was hoping for 60%cc total i was wrong so just only 50% total cc and 300%cd ouch lol
but as you said this 10% cd reduction gonna help