The Dual Wielder’s Handbook 2.2 (UE!)

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
Red, any thoughts on my gear?
(I'm not wearing my SoJ ATM)

I've been running a build similar to your old Multi-shot build.
Enjoying it so far, normally running MP5 either to farm or get Keys.

I am trying to nail down a decent Single target, back-up spender as I've seen too many Goblins jump in Portals lately.
The single most aggravating thing in the game, for me.
Your gear setup has a solid foundation. Your rings need improvement (e.g. more average damage and CC). Continue to work on those gems. Try to craft some gloves with ASI.

For your goblin problem, I suggest that Rapid Fire - withering fire replace Cluster Arrow ( I've often thought of doing this myself; but I like gameplay element FoK adds to my build too much, and I can kill my MP 8 goblins with HA).

P.S. Your Nat's cloak is pretty much BIS for a dual wielding Cold Hearted Suppressor. Nice find :)
If you don't mind RedCell, i'm totally linking this in my DW guide on the EU...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7257056467

you have some great info here I'd like to share on that guide that i missed out.

Nice write up man ;)
Sure thing D3MON, go right ahead. :)
Great guide!

Glad to see there are actually people dual-wielding instead of Mantiwhoring hehe jk!

The only problem I have with DWing right now is my really low ehp. Any tips on how I can raise my ehp while maintaining or possibly increasing my DPS?
Great guide!

Glad to see there are actually people dual-wielding instead of Mantiwhoring hehe jk!

The only problem I have with DWing right now is my really low ehp. Any tips on how I can raise my ehp while maintaining or possibly increasing my DPS?

You have some very nice pieces. I highly suggest you do the following: craft bracers until you get some with 100+ Vit, AR, and CC; sell you Nat's ring and buy one with Avg Dmg and 4.5% CC.

On the whole, though, very nice Danetta's setup. :)
Dear all,

Can give me any suggestion, should i get a 1h crossbow to replace my DML for duel wielding??

what kind of state should i find if possible to replace it.

Will DW good for me ??
Dear all,

Can give me any suggestion, should i get a 1h crossbow to replace my DML for duel wielding??

Will DW good for me ??

It's up to you, just like choosing between bow/crossbow/hand crossbow... Windforce/Manticore/Calamity.
Chances are, if you choose a Spite for your offhand for example, you'll lose some eHP from the loss of 310 vit and also some DPS (from losing 10% CC, 100 dex, 5% IAS, skill bonus). Whether that is acceptable, that's up to you to decide. Just simulate it on d3up and see for yourself about the stat changes.
As for what stats should you be looking for:
In summary, the dual wielder wants a weapon with the following affixes:

Min/Max Damage
+40-50% Damage
IAS/19x Dexterity
9x CD
Socketed
Optional Affix
Dear all,

Will DW good for me ??

The way I see it, taking into account the quality of your gear, you have two options: A) dedicated dual wielder and B) experimental dual wielder.

If you go with option A, you should do the following: Craft EHP Archon Bracers, buy a Spite, Gem both hand crossbows with emeralds.

Option B would entail using DiE's super DML theory ( pairing an emerald Spite/rare with a rubied Calamity) and timing your shots; recommended build: Stone Cold Hunter.

My personal opinion is that you should go with option B because you could easily transition back to your powerful DML.
Great Guide.

Now this is what I wanted to do with my SC char, but did not understand the mechanics of Dual xbows. Time to pull her out of retirement. (I can just hear the back talk now). Thanks for the guide, this I have to try out for sure.
Your gear setup has a solid foundation. Your rings need improvement (e.g. more average damage and CC). Continue to work on those gems. Try to craft some gloves with ASI.

For your goblin problem, I suggest that Rapid Fire - withering fire replace Cluster Arrow ( I've often thought of doing this myself; but I like gameplay element FoK adds to my build too much, and I can kill my MP 8 goblins with HA).

P.S. Your Nat's cloak is pretty much BIS for a dual wielding Cold Hearted Suppressor. Nice find :)

I figured you might point out my rings after I noticed your stress on CC.
I'll try to see what I can dig up on that angle.

I've been trying to save up to bring my Gems up to a respectable level, still not there yet.

I haven't had much luck with crafting (only decent piece was my bracers) but maybe I give it another crack when I get my gems up.

Thanks about the cloak.
I lucked out and got it for 3600g this summer when I first started playing again.
RedCell,

I really have to see how you play! I'm bored and too afraid to do new builds and curious about your build ATM. Thanks again for your guide.
Dual Wield you can get killshot crits on the power of 2h weapons, with the speed of 1h weapons, but lose the precision(crit chance) from both.

You have to unload fast and dump a lot of attacks. White numbers are really low but yellow are through the freaking roof. So some attacks that have normally high %weapon damage are great.

It's both speed and power, but really wild and unruly. I think the Discipline pool has a larger role in DW than it does quiver play.

Bait the Trap for more crit chance.
Companions and Sentry can be used to help alleviate the weak white numbers, consider them both like making your natural damage better, since they don't crit anyway - they cover you low end, when you know a battle is going to take more than just a couple of shots(i.e. your crits aren't high enough to kill something instantly).
Marked for Death works very well with speed and extremely high numbers, both of which DW provides.
RedCell,

I really have to see how you play! I'm bored and too afraid to do new builds and curious about your build ATM. Thanks again for your guide.

Add me in game. I'm usually on around 10:30 pm Chicago time.
Cool I'm in WA. Ill see you around!
I drastically altered my philosophy regarding gems and dual wielding (see section: In which gems and there uses are discussed).
RedCell, the addition on the ruby/emerald gem, was a great read.
Updated the Weapon Affixes and Gems sections.
:/ When i started dual wielding I miss out on this guide. This is awesome material ^_^