Is Covetous Shen a god?

Lore and Story
I know that Shen is chinese for god, he is often mistaken as some Xiansai (a chinese like culture ) trickster god, and my witch doctor alt say's that the spirits are uncertain if he is a god or not, and the spirits disagreing over things is very rare. Does this mean he is a Nephilem? The Diablo games version of gods or at least demigod...
I don't know of he's nephalem. He could be, but I don't think so. He's still a mystery.
Datamined info delves pretty deep into this. Won't share the info here, but you can find it @ Diablofans.
What is dataming?
okay, every human in sanctuar is nephalim. humans are the childeren of angels and demons thus making all of them nephalim.
I've toyed with the idea that he is actually Tathamet. He wants to find the Dirgest jewel, because he believes that it contains part of the essence of Tathamet, the real prime evil. Maybe he's just trying to complete himself. Maybe he's Tathamet, and needed to sunder the 7 overlords to truly unify Hell, since he is it's rightful ruler. Diablo could never have been the true Prime Evil. He was too terror-oriented, and never could have represented the complex and multi-faceted nature of evil.
Covetous Shen is just another corrupted gem collector.
+1 to Starblazer. I didn't know there was another, more powerful Evil. Your last sentence was very interesting.
Yeah it's true what Starblazer said about Tathamet, it's in the Book of Cain.

However, Datamined info shows that Shen reveals his true nature through dialogue and his quest. But he tells it in a way that's not directly like, revealing who he is (like how Jesus never actually directly said he was the Son of God, or like one of those "One of my friends wants to know if they should go to the dr for a giant purple bumpy rash on their butt" as you notice they keep scratching their butt and wincing) so I don't know if we can say for 100% Shen is [XXX] but we can read between the lines.
Where is that datamined info about Shen?
He's an Israeli diamond dealer.
Yeah I wondered about this dude when he said he knew kulle. When he was alive. Which is a long !@# time ago. I was like wtf? How old is this dude???!!! And what is he?? My first thought is that he is The Lord of Greed. Covetous Shen would mean greed god.
I think so, and will until I see a better explanation.

I also think that Squirt (the little merchant girl from Act II), is really Kantwirt.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/squirts-necklace

It could just be her necklace, and she happens to be a really good thief. I don't think so though. Nothing good in Sanctuary has ever come from dismissing "crazy" theories or assuming the mundane explanation must be the correct one.

So there you have it. We have likely met two gods personally, one being a Trickster and the other a Thief.

We have some weird friends in divinity.
10/24/2013 09:12 AMPosted by Godric
Yeah it's true what Starblazer said about Tathamet, it's in the Book of Cain.

However, Datamined info shows that Shen reveals his true nature through dialogue and his quest. But he tells it in a way that's not directly like, revealing who he is (like how Jesus never actually directly said he was the Son of God, or like one of those "One of my friends wants to know if they should go to the dr for a giant purple bumpy rash on their butt" as you notice they keep scratching their butt and wincing) so I don't know if we can say for 100% Shen is [XXX] but we can read between the lines.

If he really is the supreme evil of the entire multiverse, then lying would be pretty easy for him.
10/12/2013 03:45 AMPosted by DamienJohn
Datamined info delves pretty deep into this. Won't share the info here, but you can find it @ Diablofans.

Why not share the info here? I can't find it at all.
03/24/2014 10:07 AMPosted by Fizar
10/12/2013 03:45 AMPosted by DamienJohn

Why not share the info here? I can't find it at all.

Because sometime tomorrow, after the servers have melted and been replaced, those of us who don't want to be spoiled by a part of the game that has yet to be released, will be able to find out for ourselves.

It's actually a very wonderful gesture and I much appreciate it. :)

I don't see a problem posting a hyperlink with a very clear, very bold SPOILER TAG though. I thank that anyone who would click such a thing are not bothered by having game materials revealed too early.
After doing his side quest in RoS, I think the answer is obvious.
What's the definition of "God" in Diablo world????

Is Shen an ancient Nephalem??

There may be myth and stuff sprouted out from different cultures as human society develops, but the "truth" is actually Anu and the monster, right? So what exactly would Shen be if he was part of the legend?

I'm confused.
03/26/2014 12:50 AMPosted by KidsLovSatan
After doing his side quest in RoS, I think the answer is obvious.

I don't recall ever having a side-quest for him...or the enchanter for that matter. Care to fill me in?
Maybe just do the sidequest?? Talk to chen and you will get his side-quest.