Paragon leveling in time for expansion

General Discussion
I came back after a long long break, before paragons were even in the game, I have no clue what gear costs anymore.

I just wanna get to paragon level 100 on at least one maybe 2 before RoS hits, but Im dead broke and just started from level 1 yesterday.

How expensive is it to gear these days? I got a battle net balance of like 20 bucks, if I buy some gold. Ya I know brutal, but whatever I just wanna be ready for RoS. Can 600,000 mil gear me out?

Id like to farm at least mp7+

Thanks.
You'll go places with 650mil, thats for sure. Will it "gear you out"? No. The top top tier items for every class cost billions. Will you hit 150k? I have to say you'll probably surpass that with 650m.
Prices are so crazy right now, what about 1billion? thats my max I can spend... Will I be able to run mp10? Im a monk btw
hey, i would suggest you start a barb and level him up. in my opinion, the barb is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest to lv up. If you are concerned about getting paragon lvs, just start leveling a whole bunch of barbs. 0-60, then to paragon lv 10, start another barb and rinse and repeat. once you have 2 or 3 or how ever many barbs you want at PL10, lv each to PL 20 and rinse and repeat. just an idea bro
also if you are tight on a budget, i would spend about a week to try and snipe some deals on both GAH and RMAH. don't forget tuesday main, you can usually try to bid some cheaps items right before the shut down (just make the math to make sure that the items that you bid on expire while the servers are down). more food for thought
Don't buy gold, just buy the items you want using the Blizz bucks directly. You will get a much better deal.
10/14/2013 12:37 PMPosted by Glock
Don't buy gold, just buy the items you want using the Blizz bucks directly. You will get a much better deal.

sometimes. i always compare to make sure i get the best deal
10/14/2013 12:33 PMPosted by George
also if you are tight on a budget, i would spend about a week to try and snipe some deals on both GAH and RMAH. don't forget tuesday main, you can usually try to bid some cheaps items right before the shut down (just make the math to make sure that the items that you bid on expire while the servers are down). more food for thought

Appreciate the help man. My main was a barb before I took a break 400+ hours, so I donno if I can Spend another few hundred hours leveling barbs LOL. I got zero time on Monks so I guess thats my next best bet. Thanks again though.
You can also save the money to buy RoS and not buy gold.
Try playing without buying gold and items. Just sell good drops and fund your character that way.
It will get you use to life without the AH. Up to you.
I came back after a long long break, before paragons were even in the game, I have no clue what gear costs anymore.

I just wanna get to paragon level 100 on at least one maybe 2 before RoS hits, but Im dead broke and just started from level 1 yesterday.

How expensive is it to gear these days? I got a battle net balance of like 20 bucks, if I buy some gold. Ya I know brutal, but whatever I just wanna be ready for RoS. Can 600,000 mil gear me out?

Welcome back to Sanctuary! You've been gone for a long time, and since you're working towards Paragon 100 I wanted to point out a big change that can help get you there a little faster. We introduced a multiplayer experience bonus in patch 1.0.8 that scales very well with additional players, Monster Power, and bonus experience items, so you may want to group up if you can. You can find more details in the patch notes if you're interested, and the Monk forums are a great place to get advice about gear and prices. Good luck with your quest to Paragon 100!

Welcome back to Sanctuary! You've been gone for a long time, and since you're working towards Paragon 100 I wanted to point out a big change that can help get you there a little faster. We introduced a multiplayer experience bonus in patch 1.0.8 that scales very well with additional players, Monster Power, and bonus experience items, so you may want to group up if you can. You can find more details in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/9647272/patch-108-now-live-5-7-2013"]patch notes[/url] if you're interested, and the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/3354998/"]Monk forums[/url] are a great place to get advice about gear and prices. Good luck with your quest to Paragon 100!

Thank you sir !
10/14/2013 12:40 PMPosted by George

sometimes. i always compare to make sure i get the best deal
I agree its a sometimes for me as well you have to compare both sides because some items are cheaper on one side while another is cheaper on another.
Take your time. RoS is a least 6 months away and a year before it's patched to a playable level.

Getting a monk to MP7 shouldn't take much. Friends gave my monk some gear worth about 50 mill that's got her solo'ing at mp5.

A tip for building a toon on a budget? Crafting. Pick up those craftable consumables and craft. Fill the craft slots with self found/cheap items and as you go, craft the replacements. Shoulders are usually the best to start with then gloves then depending on what you want, braciers are either lacuni's or crafts then amulets and so on.
10/14/2013 03:44 PMPosted by Asmodeous
RoS is a least 6 months away and a year before it's patched to a playable level.

No joke. Check their track record.
You dont need billion lol buy cain set use hell fire and red gems use shield and spirit regen wepon soj or instead of cain use inna helm for spirit regen than go on crypt channel and get in the game at mp10 pull some stuff people kill ;) simple i saw a guy cain set leoric hellfire redgem doing it in like 52hours.
Fastest level 1 to paragon 100 was about 31 hours by a barb. Check the barb forums for the thread.

Best to get in a group, you can pay someone 10 million to level you to 60 in about 2 hours. and group it up from there.
10/14/2013 04:26 PMPosted by siK209
RoS is a least 6 months away and a year before it's patched to a playable level.

No joke. Check their track record.

You just made me realize how negative I've been in my posting today.

Granted there is some truth in what you're saying..
Look for gear that is level reduced and when you hit level 60, or before go check out some streams. If you ask I am sure there are some streamers that will help you out with what gear to use and such. You can also get into some raffles and win you some good items as well. Also some players in public chat or games will drop you some items. Kinda odd just all about the approach that you take. Go read up on the type of character build you want and I am sure if you start shopping the AH now you can find some good gear for when you hit lvl 60. Try not to buy too much that is just gonna have to be replaced. You may also want to lvl some of the other classes at the same time so that some of the loot drops and gear can be swapped and shared between them.
I just got my very first Paragon 100 on the evening of October 12th =D
LiLmEgZ:
I just got my very first Paragon 100 on the evening of October 12th =D

I got mine yesterday -- October 13th :) -- barb btw