i would love an option to change the cursor color

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
most of the time when playing on mp levels with the increased monster density, big fights come often and with all the carnage, i tend to lose sight of my cursor amidst everything moving on the screen. the cursor is a light color and against all the other bright colors on the screen its hard to keep track.

due to fighting color blindness and other issues with my eyes, it would be so much easier to have the cursor be a more contrasting color that i can keep track of.

anyone else have the same problem?
Bring back the damn gauntlet Blizzard. This isnt a Diablo game without a god damn gauntlet cursor.
10/16/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Nensha
anyone else have the same problem?

Theres only one addon I cannot play wow with: _cursor
All it does is put a light trailer and sparkles on your cursor. Sounds silly right? completely saves me from lost cursor syndrome. Since D3 has no addons (and likely wont, ever), it would be nice to have some better cursor options.
10/16/2013 04:59 PMPosted by Nensha
it would be so much easier to have the cursor be a more contrasting color that i can keep track of.

This isn't currently planned, but we may look into something like this in the future. If we were to add this kind of customization, what support would you like to see? We'd love to hear more from players who are color-blind, especially if you are experiencing challenges with particular UI aspects.
10/16/2013 06:35 PMPosted by Nevalistis
it would be so much easier to have the cursor be a more contrasting color that i can keep track of.

This isn't currently planned, but we may look into something like this in the future. If we were to add this kind of customization, what support would you like to see? We'd love to hear more from players who are color-blind, especially if you are experiencing challenges with particular UI aspects.

sparkles and a light trail would be nice! and make it occasionally fart rainbows just to anger everyone who gets offended by whimsyshire.

thanks for the response! basically the kind of support i think would be good is just to have the option to change the color of the cursor. having colors ranging from each end of the basic color spectrum would be good enough for me. i dont need a bedazzled cursor or anything because thats just weird.
10/16/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Nensha
i dont need a bedazzled cursor or anything because thats just weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMjxYNW11I

Still think its just weird? ok.. maybe it is. but I tell you, it helps a ton!
I'd like to have a few options like a crosshair (+) or d2 style and be able to change the color to whatever i'd prefer. Silver would probably be the best in the muck of exploding mobs.
10/16/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Gewalt
i dont need a bedazzled cursor or anything because thats just weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVMjxYNW11I

Still think its just weird? ok.. maybe it is. but I tell you, it helps a ton!

actually that doesnt look bad at all! i stand corrected =S that would be something i would consider as well. i do like the dark gray cursor in that video. if its dark gray? lol i dunno i cant tell exact colors hehe.

Allowing us to create and use our own custom cursors would be nice. I personally go blind when I play Diablo 3 (I only focus on the carnage and my health, everything else zones out) and I lose track of the cursor all the time which has gotten me killed or just misclicking on treasure goblins.
10/16/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Emericas
Bring back the damn gauntlet Blizzard. This isnt a Diablo game without a god damn gauntlet cursor.
I TOTALLY agree. I am not color blind, I dont wear or need glasses, but I still can't find the cursor on the screen due to graphic style of the game. I think this needs work. Not finding the cursor has killed me way more times than any reflect damage or mortar.
im so glad im not the only one with this problem. thanks everyone for posting and bringing this issue to light. i hope blizz does right by us and fixes this.
This happens to me a lot too. I'm not color blind so it's not just you. It's kind of annoying.
Just watched that video above, that might work out, or something like it. With me being colorblind, I lose not only the cursor, but monsters too, especially in a game with 2 CM Wiz's. I compensated this by turning monster health bars on so I know where they are at in the carnage. Solo isn't so much a problem since it's just me. I have a hard time with reds, greens, and browns, so I never see the puddles right away. Actually I don't even know they are there until I see my health trickle away in group games with CM's going off. Otherwise I've managed and got this far! (I know there's the color blind switch, but I do like to see the game the way it was meant to look like)

Credit to you for actually responding to someone in need. I think the game is well designed for colour blinds but this cursor customisation would help a lot more people.
I agree the cursor could be a more visible colour. I do loose it in melee also.

I rarely complain about anything in this game, but this is truly disappointing that this isn't even planned. This is one of those things that is such a low hanging fruit to fix. You (Blizzard) could fix this in less than a month and release it. ANY change would be better than the current cursor. It is way to easy to lose track of it during combat. Heck just adding a color slider option for the cursor would probably only take a week of programming. Forget sending it to a committee to decide on whether it's good or not. Just do it!
I'm not colorblind. I also end up losing my cursor sometimes.

I would love an option like that.