New CM Wiz

Wizard
And Holy crap is it painful but fun.

Had my wiz for a while on an oddball build, then decided to get better gear and give cm a shot. Can do up to 7 solo, takes a while, hurts me digits, but its a blast.

Any other tips would be appreciated. (no budget at current time, but input is always helpful)
Information in this thread would probably be relevant to your interests about finger pain:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10262096444

Other than that I would suggest your a pair of Blackthorne's Pants with an All Resist Roll and a vit roll or int/vit roll.
Your build has 2 problems. 1. No resists! You've got AR on your shoulders and boots and that is all. CM/WW has to stand in the middle of all kinds of crud to be efficient, so having high resists is crucial to reducing the damage taken to the point that your LoH can balance it out.

2. Wasted IAS. You are at 2.95aps. The relevant breakpoints are 2.73 and 3.01. You would need 3 of your 8IAS pieces to be 9IAS (69% total, not counting wand) instead to get to 3.01aps. Or you could drop about 12IAS (54% total) to hit the 2.73bp. Having all that extra IAS without getting the next bp is pointless and is sticking you with some poor slot choices (Innas and Lacuni especially).

One option would be getting a Mempo (nevermind CC, just try to get one with int and vit) since it comes with AR, socket, IAS, and life) and then swapping both the Cunis (for AR/CC crafted) and the Innas (AR BT pants). That would net you about 200 more AR, more LoH, and prolly a lot more int, but lose you around 5-6CC (-10 +whatever you get on the crafted bracer).

Another option would be to drop 2 bps (go to 2.51aps) and trade out your bracers, pants, and rare ring for crafted, BT, and a high dps CC/CHD ring, trade the APoC force for a higher dps non APoC with 9IAS, and get a CC Stormcrow. That would probably boost both your dps and your survival dramatically.

Or you could get the Mempo and play 3.0x aps. Don't recommend it tho - all that IAS won't help with your dps as much as a solid increase in CHD, CC, and int.
Again, new CM. My main focus as far as crafted gear goes is my primary character at the moment. But whatever bits I can get for my new CM I will. Thanks for the tips guys!
do you have any ar besides one on VW?

You might want to join Boozor and Kev's team.
^ needs a bit more deeps.

Also yoda I have more AR then you do so :p
10/22/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Boozor
Also yoda I have more AR then you do so :p

I was so impressed with you and kev when we ran vota last night. My gosh. I didn't know what 84% mit with 1:6 can possibly do. It was like driving with two Ferrari - Need a good pavement, need a good weather, and need a good driver.
Like I said I have a video for you coming up. :)
10/22/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Boozor

I don't need to see. I was there with you.
10/22/2013 01:31 PMPosted by yodatoy

I don't need to see. I was there with you.

Solo is different then team.

No one to watch your back If your out of AP/ cool downs.

Believe it or not it's noticeabley slower yestrrday then solo :p
10/22/2013 01:38 PMPosted by Boozor

but I bet you felt more mit. comfy.
10/22/2013 01:46 PMPosted by yodatoy

but I bet you felt more mit. comfy.

It's actually a lot worse for "glassy" players because our strength is downing the elites before affixes come out.

So In groups running glass cannon is not as effective.

And the mit oriented player will win in a longer sustained fight.

But no one likes long sustained fights ;)
deep gc wiz = ferrari = flamboyant