I suck as a WD

Witch Doctor
Can someone also tell me which skills can be spammed during CoB channelling that won't interrupt it? I think Hex & Mass Confusion are two of them... anything else?

Hex doesn't, but I'm fairly certain Mass confusion does?

Soul harvest, spirit walk and horrify don't as well.
Hysteria does stop it. Once you have started hurling african bats, you just have to make sure you spam SW and Vengeful like crazy. It's kinda like cm wiz on crack.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bearr-2157/hero/12494124

You shouldn't use a primary attacks, as they suck. Look at my skills, it goes pretty well.

1. You Spirit walk into mobs.

2. You use Soul Harvest to give you more damage (and Gruesome Feast does just that do).

3. Hold down CoB.

4. If there's a pack, use Hex, Big bad voodoo and Mass confusion on top of the others.

5. Grave Injustice brings down the cooldowns so you can use Mass Confusion again and also spam Spirit walk.
@nameless

I can teach you how to play WD. Feel free to add me
Thanks for your offer, fabbyhunter et al (for all who have offered to show me). I'm gonna be trying the tips that people have put together in this thread and hope that I can play better. I'll also be taking Amiar's suggestions for upgrades into account too. Hopefully, I can come back in a couple of days to report that I'm not sucking as badly as a WD. :P
you're afk in teamspeak

i logged on to learn you some WD ;)
you're afk in teamspeak

i logged on to learn you some WD ;)

Haha. yeah. I'm at work still. Won't be on until after 10pm. I'll look for you then.
I don't see where the confusion lies. I thought I covered this all extensively in my 2 minute video.

Gl though.
I don't see where the confusion lies. I thought I covered this all extensively in my 2 minute video.

Gl though.

?? confusion? what confusion? that video was da bomb!
Why don't you try a lower MP ;p> Nope, you're right, it's wild that you can't do MP5 through 7, better nerf it. God forbid we have to play the game to progress and beat it.
10/23/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Progenitor
Why don't you try a lower MP ;p> Nope, you're right, it's wild that you can't do MP5 through 7, better nerf it. God forbid we have to play the game to progress and beat it.

/facepalm
10/23/2013 09:27 PMPosted by Progenitor

I agree. Shame on you, Nameless!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/bearr-2157/hero/12494124

You shouldn't use a primary attacks, as they suck. Look at my skills, it goes pretty well.

1. You Spirit walk into mobs.

2. You use Soul Harvest to give you more damage (and Gruesome Feast does just that do).

3. Hold down CoB.

4. If there's a pack, use Hex, Big bad voodoo and Mass confusion on top of the others.

5. Grave Injustice brings down the cooldowns so you can use Mass Confusion again and also spam Spirit walk.

this.

I would just use pestillence if there are no one else using it in group or if you play solo. The more monsters in your fiery cyclone of death, the more efficient you are. And it helps a lot with crypt/hollow spewing horrors thingies.
What do you guys do about monsters that can stand outside CoB range and bash you? It's primarily the big thorny guys in act1 so far. It really suck that you have to stop CoB to move in on the dude and start all over... Or is it just me that's a noob?
10/23/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Nameless

/facepalm
Aight. So I gave it a whirl last night and that whole strategy of aggroing all the mobs with pestilence (and giving me some LS in the process) and spirit walking into mobs just prior to CoB has helped me survivability rise.

The main issue that I'm coming across now is that I don't quite know how to handle ranged mobs effectively, especially elites. Since they like to stay at a distance, if I come close they run away. So it's not as if CoB is going to be a great option.

Still going to work on my upgrades too.
WD is ridiculously fun, and has lots of variants you can play (obviously with some more efficient than others). They also lay down a ton of DPS and survive fairly well. The one catch is it takes careful gearing and there's a bit of a learning curve.

Some options for ranged mobs:

-Switch out Mass for Jinx. It is way better and you don't have to chase the pigs very much.
-Try PB instead of CoB, although that takes more finesse to play.
-Play lower MP. Your life is still fairly low. I try to keep over 60k.
-A huge help is getting a scoundrel with buriza if you are going solo. They slow and freeze is huge.
-Try spirit vessel instead of jungle fortitude. I find that WD die more often from a sudden burst, than from consistent damage. When I had less gear, I found much more success from spirit vessel than JF. I only use JF for ubers.
Given that your trying out WD...I would also suggest giving 0-Dogs a try. I played COB for a long time, switched to 0-Dogs and just love it!
I'll teach you how to play WD Nameless, you can thank me later. You have a HC character I hope?