Mavericks

Mac Technical Support
Tested out a few settings variations using a mid 2012 macbook pro, graphics AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB by ATI, 1440x900 full screen.

Slightly, I mean ever so slightly, better performance. Slowed down a bit when I turned on anti aliasing. Can now use shadows with no noticeable change in gameplay. Only weird thing I experienced was when I looked at someone else's profile; when I checked out their heroes the armor kinda flickered in and out and the shadowed-out mini map in the background flickered as well.
Just reporting in that it seems to work the same on Mavericks OS X 10.9 as it did on OS X 10.7 for me, with the same settings.
Macbook pro with AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1 GB

10/26/2013 06:54 PMPosted by MacFeegle
Only weird thing I experienced was when I looked at someone else's profile; when I checked out their heroes the armor kinda flickered in and out and the shadowed-out mini map in the background flickered as well.

That's always happened for me, well before any OS X or 1.08 issues.
Ever since I installed Maverick, my 2011 MBP has been running D3 like a dream! So much so that I can now comfortably play D3 on my Thunderbolt display while having most of the graphical options on high!

That's while playing public games with 3 other people.

:3
I'm reporting back here with new findings!

The new App Nap feature seems to have a lot to do with the problems talked about above. Go to the "Get Info" pane for any app that you have running when the problem occurs. Check the box that says "Prevent App Nap". My Diablo 3 ran much much better that way. Mind you, it's still not as good of performance as it was back on 10.8, but it's playable now and that's what really matters to me. I hope this helps someone else!
if you have lag/latency issue,

Open activity monitor, than ring so agent (battle.net agent) and force quit it.
Close battle.net desktop if you use
turn off all auto updates of the games.

Than it's back to normal again, 95 ms.

because I used to play this game in EDGE speed and it was still 75 ms. Now after installation of mavericks it was 250 - 350 ms with broadband connection. When I searched something in the computer I saw agent thing was red and trying to reopen itself again and again. this was caused latency issue on me.
I have Mavericks and use a Macbook Pro Laptop only 6 months old with Retina Display and D3 works perfect!! :)
I know that this forum is for D3, however, I have installed Mavericks on my Macbook Pro (Retina Display) laptop and I am unable to install D2..

Is anyone able to assist as I really enjoy going back and playing D2. I have the 3 CD's and installed CD-Key but Mac 10.9 is unable to identify the install file from the CD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I know that this forum is for D3, however, I have installed Mavericks on my Macbook Pro (Retina Display) laptop and I am unable to install D2..

Is anyone able to assist as I really enjoy going back and playing D2. I have the 3 CD's and installed CD-Key but Mac 10.9 is unable to identify the install file from the CD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You will need to install Windows via Boot Camp in order to play Diablo 2. Beginning with Lion (10.7), OS X no longer supports PowerPC applications, which is the format that the Starcraft/Brood War and Diablo 2 clients are in.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Hi,

I would like to know if you are using early 2011 MBP 13inch and still using snow leopard as an OS? Because Im still thinking if I have to upgrade to mavericks or not. If you still using the 10.6 and you've playing good with it, then I will not upgrade. Let me know please.

Thanks much.
Staying on 10.6 is not an option if you ever plan to play D3 once 2.0 ships. This will happen to a lot of other games soon too. SC2, WoW, and most non blizzard games these days are 10.7.5+. 10.6 is just too old.

I actually setup D2 to play on mac os x in a wineskin a while back. Although it only played decently in windowed mode. Going full screen would kaboom it.
So, I just updated my OS X to Mavericks last night after Blizzard pretty much forced me to, but now when I try to play RoS there's a huge cursor lag on both my Apple Magic Mouse and my SteelSeries WoW mouse. Basically the game is unplayable. My graphic specs are: AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

The graphics are sharp and clear, it's just the cursor lag that makes it unplayable.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and also tried repairing files from the blizzard menu. The computer itself is actually running faster since I updated, so not quite sure what you be causing the lag issues.

Both mice seem to work just fine though when I open and play WoW and Starcraft. It's only Reaper of Souls that's giving me an issue. Anyone else having this problem?
I have terrible sound lag after upgrading to Mavericks. blue tooth speaker and I get sound up to 30 seconds after a battle starts. Macbook Air ssd 8 gig...