Big maintenance tomorrow

Monk
Could it be Loot/Paragon 2.0 coming to PTR?

Not very likely, since we haven't heard anything from Blizzard along those lines and it's not even BlizzCon time yet, but hey - one can always hope!
I might actually leave the Vault if Loot 2.0 drops tomorrow.
I consider myself a fairly extreme optimist and even I can't jump on board that ship I am afraid!

It would certainly be amazing if it were the case though!
really thats sad looks like i might actually have to put in more hrs today
I really don't hold such high hopes, but thanks for the lyrical representation of the situation at hand, Sin! (%

I just thought it weird, since long maintenances are usually the trademark of patch implementations and suchlike major events, but I guess good ole Blizz still needs the odd long one, to wipe the coffee mug stains off the servers or something.
hasnt it been like 3-4 week without one?
Mmm, Diablo pie...

Yeah, I think sometimes they just like to watch us post in the forums. Look what the last maintenance caused! (wasn't that the 5 Kingdoms Troll Challenge?) Anyway...
Maybe they are nuking AH 5 1/2 months ahead of schedule.
Maybe be a big update to the closed Blizz only access PTR that datamined info gets pulled from. But ZERO hope for a public PTR.

I'm ok with more datamine!
10/28/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Sinafae
(wasn't that the 5 Kingdoms Troll Challenge?) Anyway...

Nope, that was during a regular 3-4 hr long one. 8 hrs (not considering the mandatory extensions) usually inflicts much greater turmoil upon the boards, featuring rampant anarchy exhibits and plethora of ban applications.

Everyone should take measures today to prepare themselves accordingly for tomorrow - either dust off some other game to seek refuge in, or sharpen their best trolling weapon and get ready to swing it at large.

10/28/2013 10:48 AMPosted by baggins
hasnt it been like 3-4 week without one?

Come to think of it, it must have been an unusually long stretch without a proper big maintenance - I can't even remember when the last 8 hr one was. That probably explains tomorrow's event.
No way Jose!
where did you read that it's big maintenance day tomorow?
it'll be cool if they drop some goodies for us =)
*cross fingers*

but it's okay either way for me ... still need to plvl up =/ ... someone do a playtime [giveaway] plz
I don't think Loot 2.0 could be near ready. It needs to be balanced with the skill changes, which are in total flux based on recent datamines.

On the other hand, I would not be surprised if Paragon 2.0 went live very soon. People are maxing their paragon out. This offers players something to be excited about and to keep working on progression-wise. I think Paragon 2.0 requires far less testing than the loot/skill changes in the works.
10/28/2013 11:13 AMPosted by QHTran
where did you read that it's big maintenance day tomorow?

It's all here, in blue on black: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10357205878

I don't think Loot 2.0 could be near ready. It needs to be balanced with the skill changes, which are in total flux based on recent datamines.

Oh, granted - the Big Patch can't be anywhere near completion. There's probably a great deal of balancing yet to be done, across all aspects of the game. Still, with all them major changes and whatnot, I can easily see the whole ordeal lingering in PTR stage for at least 3 months and getting frequently tweaked while in there. Hence why I'm hoping that we're going to see it emerging rather sooner than later - perhaps in several weeks time, if not during tomorrow's ominous maintenance.
Maintenance bidding time!
Hopefully they do roll out something tommarrow I doubt it but we need something.
10/29/2013 02:39 AMPosted by BladeMaster
Hopefully they do roll out something tommarrow I doubt it but we need something.

Your hope will come true, Mr. BladeMaster-LOH!