General Paragon 2.0 question.

General Discussion
Should I level characters to like lvl 50 paragon and then start a new character instead of grinding each individual one all the way to 100?

Naturally getting two characters to 50 vs 1 character to 100 is the same paragon # but would be much faster if you split it up.

For example, you run into a guy with 2000 play hrs on one paragon 100 character vs another person with 8 characters at 100 paragon with the same amount of hours. The player with 8 characters has equivalent hours but is rewarded far greater with the new system.

This is annoying because I don't want to roll more then one character but I kind of feel like I'm forced to with the Paragon 2.0 info. I don't like the idea of a "main" character being on equal levels as someone who put a fourth of the time into the game as someone else.

I don't know, I guess I'm kind of out of luck on this one.
No para lvl cap in Para 2.0.

Play your main away if you like. It goes by exp gained not by what para you reached with previous characters. But I'm not sure if they clarified if exp gained past para 100 now is counted once it rolls into Para 2.0.

11/01/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Vomitslushie
Naturally getting two characters to 50 vs 1 character to 100 is the same paragon # but would be much faster if you split it up.

Goes by exp gained. If I had a Para 50 barb and a Para 50 DH, it would not equal a para 100 in Para. 2.0

Hope that kinda clears things up.
11/01/2013 03:43 PMPosted by EchoPhase
Goes by exp gained. If I had a Para 50 barb and a Para 50 DH, it would not equal a para 100 in Para. 2.0

This is pretty accurate.

Your paragon level in Paragon 2.0 will be determined by the total amount of Paragon experience you have earned up until when the patch goes live. That experience total across all characters will then become your account-wide Paragon level (meaning, it applies to all of your characters). While we don't have an exact number just yet, remember that higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.

The one exception is that Paragon levels for Hardcore and Normal characters will be calculated separately from one another. So if you enjoy both modes and would like to have Paragon levels prepared ahead of time, be sure to level up characters in both modes!
11/01/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Vomitslushie

The actual halfway point to paragon 100 is 78.5, so you need 2 x paragon 78.5 to equal 1 x paragon 100.

Paragon 56 is the 25% mark.
Delete
11/01/2013 04:18 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is pretty accurate.

Your paragon level in Paragon 2.0 will be determined by the total amount of Paragon experience you have earned up until when the patch goes live. That experience total across all characters will then become your account-wide Paragon level (meaning, it applies to all of your characters). While we don't have an exact number just yet, remember that higher Paragon levels take more experience to earn.

The one exception is that Paragon levels for Hardcore and Normal characters will be calculated separately from one another. So if you enjoy both modes and would like to have Paragon levels prepared ahead of time, be sure to level up characters in both modes!

Was there a decision if my dead HC characters count towards the experience?
11/01/2013 04:23 PMPosted by OWD
One of the materials shown are from Nightmare difficulty. I wonder if it's just a placeholder icon.

O.o Think ya may have wandered into the wrong thread, friend...

11/01/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Peter

I believe this is still being looked into. Of course, bear in mind that a decision could still be changed down the road based on feedback from the community and additional testing. =)
what i see possible is :
hc exp for dead chars could work at 50% efficiency... or not at all
11/01/2013 04:47 PMPosted by Nevalistis
One of the materials shown are from Nightmare difficulty. I wonder if it's just a placeholder icon.

Lol that is very strange. I quoted a guy in the "Will Demonic Essences Be Useful in Expansion?" thread, and it put my reply in here. I've never had that happen before.
11/01/2013 04:21 PMPosted by Hypersonic

The actual halfway point to paragon 100 is 78.5, so you need 2 x paragon 78.5 to equal 1 x paragon 100.

It's important to note that in Paragon 2.0, the first 100 paragon levels won't necessarily match the same XP curve as the 100 levels of Paragon 1.0

For example, maybe you only have 1 character on your Diablo 3 account, and that character is Paragon 40. It's entirely possible that in Paragon 2.0, he will become Paragon 30...or Paragon 70...etc.

In other words Blizzard might move the early Paragon 2.0 levels closer together...or further apart.
Which is exactly why people are currently grinding for paragon exp! lol

I believe this is still being looked into. Of course, bear in mind that a decision could still be changed down the road based on feedback from the community and additional testing. =)

I fail to even see the debate here. Post 2.0, dead char xp count, logics suggests that pre 2.0 xp from dead char should count. But let's not even debate that, the inability to make a decision is affecting game play. Just make the darn decision! The hc community will accept it either way, we are good like that :) Make the decision!

Edit: what testing could you possibly need! It either counts or it doesn't, seriously. We have been asking nicely since the announcement of 2.0 came out. Just give us the decision already.
Can a blue please let us know if a toon hits paragon level 100 in 1.0 they stop gaining paragon exp for 2.0 or not
Omg they don't get exp anymore. Why do you think they'd do??
On topic,
Its actually better to level up to 100 first then just make another char and lvl it again to 100.
Reason is that it counts total xp and adds them all together.

SO basically in the end it all comes down to "xp per hour" and ofc a lvl 50+ paragon will make more xp "hour" then a fresh lvl 1 paragon.

Keep in mind its also geared based too,
A list of Paragon 2.0 xp up to 2000 has already been posted on the DiabloFans site. All you need to do is to add all of your Paragon 1.0 xp from all of your characters and look down the list of total xp required on Paragon 2.0 and you will have your answer.